Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Skull and Shackles PBP

Game Master Jason Lillis

The Skull and Shackles Adventure Path!


151 to 200 of 382 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

Half-orc Inquisitor 2 AC 17/12/15 / HP 16/16 / F +6 R +3 W +6 / Init. +6 / Perc. +7 / Sense Motive +8

I forgot to ask, but did Mithas get his spell book back from Sandara yet? If so, I would like to swap out ghost sound for mending in my memorized spells

"Catching rats sounds better than swabbing decks."


Female Half Orc Diva 1, HP 9/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 14, Touch 12, Flat 14, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Octavia checks her disguise and then hungrily consumes breakfast. As she does so she'll if she can get a good sense of her surroundings.

Perception Check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Afterwards she looks to start her work for the day catching rats. But if she runs into one of the people Sandara talked about last night she'll try and talk with them (going to try and influence for my daily activity, I'll do the check for that after I find out who I can try and influence today)

Dexterity Check to kill rats: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Mithas Aran wrote:

I forgot to ask, but did Mithas get his spell book back from Sandara yet? If so, I would like to swap out ghost sound for mending in my memorized spells

"Catching rats sounds better than swabbing decks."

Yes, it would have been returned after dinner. Sorry for the discrepancy


@Octavia - The lower hold is mostly support pillars and hammocks. The far forward section appears to be canvassed off by hammocks, and you note that two of those who were hanging closely to Scourge yesterday hover there.

There are lockers along the walls, and Till approaches you to let you know that there are many empty lockers, if you would like to deposit your things there. "Can't all be carrying all our stuff with us while we are up on deck! Best to keep it in the duffle"

There are lockers for each of you. Each has a key to a low quality lock, and that key is on a piece of twine for looping about the wrist or neck.

Octavia, you truly are a diva - the idea of going after rats is simply not something you ever were trained to do. Seeing your plight, Tilly and Sandara offer to assist you.

@Mithas - Feel free to roll at your leisure.


Reminder - Click here to see rolls for duties..


Half-orc Inquisitor 2 AC 17/12/15 / HP 16/16 / F +6 R +3 W +6 / Init. +6 / Perc. +7 / Sense Motive +8

Mithas with some hesitation, puts his spell book in the locker. He just does his job (works diligently), scampering below decks catching rats.

Dex:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


Female Half-Orc Cleric 1, hp 9/9, AC 10, touch 10, flat 10, F +3, R +0, W +5, Init +0, Perc +3

Lazha doesn't have anything to put in a locker, but she takes a key in hopes that her fortune will look up.

Lazha's goal today is to cast Endure Elements on Jericho. To that end, she'll offer to take him up his breakfast. If that doesn't work, she'll use her daily activity to Sneak up on deck and try to get close enough to cast it. It's a touch spell, so depending on how the box is set up, that may not be possible, but she wants to put enough effort into it to know for sure that it won't work, if that's the case. If that doesn't work, she'll at least try to Create Water inside the box in the hopes that that will help cool him down.

Other than that, Lazha will help Ambrose cook.

Here are some rolls you may or may not want:

Perception: 1d20 + 3d6d1d20 ⇒ (19) + (19, 13, 10, 9, 3, 9, 11, 12, 2, 2) = 109

Cooking (INT):1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

EDIT: I really messed up the tags on those 1st 2 rolls. That was *supposed* to be:

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Stealth:1d20 ⇒ 16


@Mithas - You attack the rat catching with vigor, and are duly rewarded for your diligence. A score of rats, bugs, and other vermin fall to your assault, and the ship's stores are that much safer.

@Lazha - Kroop scoffs, "No breakfast for them's in the box! Plugg don't abide it!"
When you later successfully sneak up on deck, around noon, you do not see any way to get into the box and deliver the spell to Jericho without likely landing yourself there. You are able to create water through the keyhole into the box, and Jericho is now soaked by 2 gallons of water.
You successfully assist Kroop in churning out another day's worth of meals.

@Octavia - Note that you have slept off the Charisma bonus and Fatigue. You are able to influence any member of the crew save the Officers (not including Ambrose and Grok). Are you able to see the spreadsheet linked in the Discussion thread? If so, give me a name from the list. If not, let me know and I'll see what's up.

@Jericho - You end up being in the sweat box for 8 hours of sunshine. Please make 8 consecutive Fortitude Saves. I'll apply a bonus for the water that Lazha is applying to cool you off.


Female Half Orc Diva 1, HP 9/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 14, Touch 12, Flat 14, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

The rats are so icky and nasty and Octavia is embarrassed that she can hardly bring herself to grab them.

At one point she even takes off her boot and tries to use it to smack one so she wouldn't have to catch it but stubs her toe in the process and curses loudly.

I could get used to this cursing...but not sure about this catching rats.

In the end she's extremely grateful to Tilly and Sandara for the help.

During the day Octavia looks around for Rosie to try and get a sense of who she is and to see if she's someone who Octavia could get along with. The more friends the better she figures.

Outline of conversation: Octavia will try and start the conversation about where Rosie comes from and what she did before piracy. Asking whether she came aboard the same way Octavia did or if she volunteered. Octavia will try and keep the conversation light and friendly.

Diplomacy Check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


Day 2 - Work Day

@Octavia:
- You clearly make up in networking skills what you lack in rat-catching skills.

Rosie is a foul mouthed Halfling woman, and from the feats she pulls as a swab, clearly an exemplar of strength for her race, and right from the start it is clear that no conversation with her will be exactly 'light'. "From Port ----ing Peril, ----hole that it is. As gods------ a place as ever there was. Fell to the ----ing press gang, ----ing ship----ers all of 'em. Been here three ----ing days, working for those ----s Plugg and Scourge, gods ---- them straight to ----ing Asmodeus' codpiece!" She bellows the last in their direction, but they either miss it or choose to ignore it. "----ing ----s. Tried to ----ing take my ----ing handaxe, the ----s, but I told 'em if they did I'd cut their ----ing hands right ----ing off. Still managed to get me brother's fiddle, and ---- me if Grok is ----ing holding out on me for more than it's ----ing worth, or my ----ing name isn't ----ing Rosie Cuswell." the axe does hang from her belt, and it's sharp gleam is quickly evident to any eye.

She sighs wearily, then goes back to catching and strangling rats with her bare hands. "Ah, but listen to me ----ing bellyache, and you in the same lot, no ----ing doubt about it. But you seem ok, ya little ----. Stick with Rosie, she'll take good ----ing care of ya."

Rosie's disposition has improved greatly towards you.


Day 2 - Work Day

@Jericho - This will be to keep things moving.

Jericho's Fortitude Saves:
  • 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
  • 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
  • 3: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
  • 4: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
  • 5: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
  • 6: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
  • 7: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
  • 8: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

@Jericho - At the end of the day, you find yourself quite nearly unconscious from the heat. You have sustained 12 points of non-lethal damage, and are staggered. When you hear the bell for the bloody hour, it is a relief as the box opens and two rough sets of hands haul you out to stand before the mast. Mr. Plugg approaches, cat' dangling from his hand, yet sword in sheath, and he boasts, "Well, now, still got the fire in ya? Or are ye ready to join the crew o' the Wormwood?"


Female Half Orc Diva 1, HP 9/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 14, Touch 12, Flat 14, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Octavia enjoys talking with Rosie and even learns a few new cuss words to add to her vocabulary.

Happy to have had a positive reaction from Rosie Octavia's spirits are a bit lifted, that is until she remembers what's probably going to be for supper tonight.


Half-orc Inquisitor 2 AC 17/12/15 / HP 16/16 / F +6 R +3 W +6 / Init. +6 / Perc. +7 / Sense Motive +8

Mithas drops the bugs and smaller vermin into his pocket for his familiar to eat.


Female Half-Orc Cleric 1, hp 9/9, AC 10, touch 10, flat 10, F +3, R +0, W +5, Init +0, Perc +3

Lazha chops, guts, and slices.

Fish must get awfully tired of seafood, she muses.


GMs note: @Jericho - if we have not heard from you by early afternoon, I'll assume no further quarrel and continue on.


Bloody hour that day is a relatively calm affair, after the previous days exploits. It is a pleasant evening, and dinner is served on the main deck. You see other sailors setting up to play hog lob at one end of the deck, and a barrel and blank being arranged for some rounds of arm wrestling. Where each hand will land is studded with bits of broken glass, metal shards, and bits of bone, and you see several of e larger and stronger crew members line up, and one even calls out a challenge to Rosie!

Calm work day of low activity. Please pick an evening action and I'll follow up with description. If influencing, please use the database to choose a target to influence.


Female Half Orc Diva 1, HP 9/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 14, Touch 12, Flat 14, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Lacking the funds to gamble, and realizing that if she was to try and perform for the crew she'd most likely be found out, Octavia decides the best course of action for her is to try and make more friends.

She looks around to find Barefoot Samms to strike up a conversation.

I'm guessing you want us to also roll to either ditch the rum or drink it, is that correct?

Octavia will drink her rum:

Charisma Bonus: 1d4 ⇒ 3, Fatigued 1d8 ⇒ 5 Hours
Fort Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

She'll start her conversation with Samms stating the obvious about her lack of footwear and complimenting her on her ability to climb the rigging and the tough ropes without footwear. She'll ask about home and about her job, whether she enjoys it or not. Mostly just small talk about life at sea. If she can she'd also like to learn from Samms some more about being a sailor and how to work the rigging.

Diplomacy Check: 1d20 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 3 = 28

Octavia is interested in sailing and I'm hoping to take profession sailor at level 2, so I'm trying to indicate that Octavia is actually trying to learn despite her inexperience at it


Female Half-Orc Cleric 1, hp 9/9, AC 10, touch 10, flat 10, F +3, R +0, W +5, Init +0, Perc +3

While serving dinner, Lazha makes sure Jericho drinks plenty of water, refilling his his cup several times. Thank you for sticking up for me, she says. But try not to do that again, ok?

Lazha checks in with Mithas and Antonius, anxious to hear their tales of glorious rat-murder over her ration of rum. Then she walks over to the railing and looks out into the ocean.

It's mesmerizing and beautiful. It's been a long time since I've been on the ocean, and I had forgotten how much I loved it. Now if only I could forget I was on the Wormwood.

Then Lazha starts up a conversation with her favorite kind of person, a dangerous looking brunette. Maybe she could get Syl talking about herself. Or maybe Lazha would end up telling her about the story about the three pirates, the wand of Reduce Person, and the crate of grapefruits.

Before drinking her rum, Lazha casts Resistance on herself. (Naderi, keep my mind and stomach strong.)

Fort Save: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7
Charisma Bonus:1d4 ⇒ 3
Fatigued:1d8 ⇒ 6

Lazha's nighttime action is Influence on Slippery Syl Lonegan.

Diplomacy (not including bonus from Rum, if any):1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


Half-orc Inquisitor 2 AC 17/12/15 / HP 16/16 / F +6 R +3 W +6 / Init. +6 / Perc. +7 / Sense Motive +8

Mithas, being somewhat lacking in the social skills, uses Prestidigitation to chill and flavour his rum and tossing it back decides to put on a magic show.

Fort:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9, CHA bonus: 1d4 ⇒ 3, Fatigue:1d8 ⇒ 6

Perform(magic show):1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Apparently the rum went straight to his head and Mithas completely botched any attempt at entertainment. To a chorus of boos, he flees for the relative safety of his hammock and turns in for the night.


Day 2 - Evening

@Octavia - Barefoot Samms initially is a little concerned by your attention, but slowly warms up to you as the conversation goes on. "Always felt more comfortable in me feet, even as a simple fisherwoman. Can't say as I ever figured to be on a ship like this, but so goes the toss o' the bones, eh?" She is happy to show you a few knots, and point out the logic behind some of the ropes. "But dahmned if I could tell ye the best way to set a sail for fairest use o the wind. Captain has a decent head for that, but it's his sailing master, Peppery Longfarthing, that has the best o' the knowledge of it. Can't say that you'll get a chance to speak with 'er ever. Feisty s can be, and no likely to want to speak wi' a swab." She toasts cheers with you at the end of the evening with the remains of her rum, and if there is little other conversation, heads to the hold for sleep that evening.

Good work on the diplomacy roll. Barefoot Samms Toppin is now Helpful.


Day 2 - Evening

@Lazha - We will assume that: Jericho puts down lots of water, and works his way through the evening meal. 

Syl is standing over the ongoing arm wrestling match between Rosie Cusswell and Fipps Chumlett, a fat human male with a bald head. Syl clearly has money on Fipps...
Opposing strength checks: Fipps 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14; Rosie 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
...they are locked neck and neck...
Round 2: Fipps 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2; Rosie 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
...until Fipps' elbow slips, Rosie takes the advantage and his arm comes crashing down onto a particularly jagged piece of shrapnel in the plank!
Damage: 1d2 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 HP
Fipps cries out in pain and rage. Rosie collects a decent payout from her winnings, and the crowd supporting Fipps is clearly thinking that some ruse has occurred for him to lose to Rosie, but she puts a confident hand on her handaxe and confidently walks away.

When you approach her, Syl gives you a very cold eye and pulls out a dagger to begin cleaning the undersides of her fingernails while she stares at you. Your inquiries draw little more than the continued cold stare, until Syl starts using the dagger as a sort of bouncing pointer and saying, "You know, you remind me of someone. From the docks, I should think, but could be from anywhere these past years. Quite sure I gutted the wench then. Stay out o' the way in the kitchen, or there'll be trouble a'tween us, fer sure!"
You rolled well, but her attitude to you is much the same as it was before.

Rosie walks over and greets you later. "Friend o' that ---- Antonius, ah? Word t' the ----ing wise: that ----Syl is a gods ----ed murderer, I ---- you not. Best be ----ing careful with that one, but ----ing good on ya t' ----ing try and get her ---out o' Scourge's cluster---- o' fools."


Day 2 - Evening

@Mithas - If a portion of the crew was disappointed in Fipps' arm wrestling performance, they are most disappointed when your simple trick goes quite flat. Indeed, a chorus of boos do follow you down the stairs. When you reach the lower hold, you see Tilly Brackett. "'Ey, yer with tha' there fellow what came on board wit' ye in Por' Peril, no?" The stench of rum is heavy on her breath. "He's a good one he is. A tip fer ye, as a friend o' a friend: lemme know if ye need a coin 'r two fer a game o' chance gainst the crew. Alway happy t' see ne o' Scourge's get his due." She hiccups, then claps you on the shoulder before finding her hammock and flopping into it. If you don't engage her in conversation, she is soon snoring.


If you would like to post replies for today, go ahead. I'll post next around 430 pm EST


Half-orc Inquisitor 2 AC 17/12/15 / HP 16/16 / F +6 R +3 W +6 / Init. +6 / Perc. +7 / Sense Motive +8

"Thank you Tilly, I will consider it."


Female Half-Orc Cleric 1, hp 9/9, AC 10, touch 10, flat 10, F +3, R +0, W +5, Init +0, Perc +3

Lazha watches Syl gesticulate with her dagger, and her thoughts turn towards her own lovely silver dagger currently sitting in the quartermaster's office.

Gutting, huh? I prefer my kills to be a bit more... Lazha smiles to show off her tusks....personal.

Of course, all the death transitions I've overseen were willing and in the service of the goddess. But I bet our body counts are a lot closer than she'd think.

But I hear you. I'll stay out of your way. You know where I am if you ever want to talk.

And to the halfling with the impressive vocabulary.

Well, you gotta give everyone a chance, Rosie, you know. Every once in a while they ----ing well surprise you. Like that nice move you made on Fipps. Remind me never to tangle with you.

Before Mithas runs downstairs, Lazha says, I think you need a little more work on your patter.

Lazha continues to talk to anyone else who wants to, then heads for the hammocks.


Female Half Orc Diva 1, HP 9/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 14, Touch 12, Flat 14, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Octavia is happy with her evening and a little sleepy after the rum. She'll head to bed unless anything else comes up.


Day 2 - Night

@Lazha - Syl simply mouths a grin of her own your way. "We'll talk another time then? Good to know!"
Rosie claps you on the side. "Even if ya hadn'a seen it, I woulda ----in' told ya anyway. Sleep well!"

----

Day 3 - Morning

The morning bell sounds, and the crew rouses for work. As the four of you swing down from your hammocks and eventually head toward the stairs up, four pirates step up and block your path - Aretta Bansion, Fipps Chumlett, Jaundiced Jape, and Slippery Sy Lonegan. "In a hurry?" Fipps says through chubby lips as he shoves Mithas in the shoulder. "Anxious to be up on deck?"

One standard action each. As a heads up, I will have very intermittent connection tomorrow after noon EST until Sunday evening.


Female Half-Orc Cleric 1, hp 9/9, AC 10, touch 10, flat 10, F +3, R +0, W +5, Init +0, Perc +3

Lazha laughes. Fine, you've proved your point. You're as tough as an elven dandy. Now by Besmara's Bellbottoms, get out of our way so we can do our ----ing jobs!

Intimidate check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Oh Naderi. Talk to Rosie one time and she's already rubbing off on me.


Half-orc Inquisitor 2 AC 17/12/15 / HP 16/16 / F +6 R +3 W +6 / Init. +6 / Perc. +7 / Sense Motive +8

"Watch your hand friend, lest you lose it."

Intimidate:1d20 ⇒ 8


Female Half Orc Diva 1, HP 9/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 14, Touch 12, Flat 14, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Octavia Stops and watches what unfolds and waits to see what happens, ready for anything.

Life is so different out here, maybe it's the same in the slums of Cheliax but I've never seen so much overt conflict. I guess it's all the same, the Diva's in Egorian are just as horrible I guess but they are more subtle about it. These idiots are just more crude.

Octavia would like to delay her action, if possible?


Sorry for delay, weekend vacation.
Given Jericho's absence, we have two options: re-recruit, or GMPC. I'm currently favoring the latter, in the event that Jericho comes around again and because 3players are easier to manage than 4. You all have quick posting times, which makes short post length games move quick.
If I can post this evening I will. Otherwise, I'll get you something tomorrow.


Jericho also steps up with a mixture of bravado and growling...
Intimidate Check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

...and though bolstered by the (relatively) frail Mithas' display, they are looking a little less confident in their approach.

Syl claps a hand on Fipps' shoulder, who shakes himself a bit and says to Lazha, [b]"We'll get out of the way when we dem well please, ya little hussy! Maybe y' need another reminder in who runs this ship!" And with that, he steps back and prepares to deliver a punch!

Despite your attempt to make them back down, the sailors appear to have another motivation driving them to attack you.
Initiative Rolls:
Jericho: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Lazha: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2
Mithas: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Octavia: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Fipps: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Syl: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Jaundiced Jape: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Aretta: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Initiative Order: Syl, Mithas, Aretta, Fipps, Octavia, Jape, Jericho, Lazha.

I'll have a map layout in a moment, but for now assume that you are all on the same level, Jericho and Lazha make a front line against Fipps and Jape, while in the respective back rows are Octavia and Mithas, Syl and Aretta. There is 5' between the two groups of four and 5' around each group (minimal moving space).

Syl takes a couple steps forward (while Fipps is winding up), and launches a punch at Lazha 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3, 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 nonlethal. She snarls as her punch goes very (very!) wide of the mark.

Again, for combat, feel free to post either specific actions or general thoughts. I'll streamline into initiative order. A post will follow soon with map layout.


Map layout for the lower hold.

P1 = Fipps
P2 = Syl
P3 = Jape
P4 = Aretta

No further room outside these bounds because of 1) Ship's Walls and 2) Crew crowding around to watch a fight.


Half-orc Inquisitor 2 AC 17/12/15 / HP 16/16 / F +6 R +3 W +6 / Init. +6 / Perc. +7 / Sense Motive +8

Mithas sighs "Life would be much easier, if we could just kill you."

Thanks to the butter sliped to him by Lazha, he is able to case Grease.

Grease:

School conjuration (creation); Level bard 1, sorcerer/wizard 1
Casting Time 1 standard action
Components V, S, M (butter)
Range close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target one object or 10-ft. square
Duration 1 min./level (D)
Save see text; SR no
A grease spell covers a solid surface with a layer of slippery grease. Any creature in the area when the spell is cast must make a successful Reflex save or fall. A creature can walk within or through the area of grease at half normal speed with a DC 10 Acrobatics check. Failure means it can't move that round (and must then make a Reflex save or fall), while failure by 5 or more means it falls (see the Acrobatics skill for details). Creatures that do not move on their turn do not need to make this check and are not considered flat-footed.

The 10 foot square targets area beneath P1, P3, P4 on the map (DC15 REF save)


Female Half Orc Diva 1, HP 9/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 14, Touch 12, Flat 14, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

When its Octavia's change, she eye's Syl with a murderous glare and lets lose with the highest pitch noise she was ever trained to sing.

This note should be loud enough to blast Syl but the other pirates shouldn't be able to hear a thing.

Maybe this 'ill make these jerks think twice She thinks.

Target Fort save DC 14

Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Ear-Piercing Scream:
School evocation [sonic]; Level bard 1, inquisitor 1, sorcerer/wizard 1, witch 1
Casting Time 1 standard action
Components V, S
Range close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target one creature
Duration instantaneous; see text
Saving Throw Fortitude partial (see text); Spell Resistance yes
You unleash a powerful scream, inaudible to all but a single target. The target is dazed for 1 round and takes 1d6 points of sonic damage per two caster levels (maximum 5d6). A successful save negates the daze effect and halves the damage.


Aretha is confused by the sudden appearance of the grease...
1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 - 2 = 9 Reflex
...and slips, crashing to the deck. She tries to stand again...
1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 - 2 = 14 Acrobatics
...and is able to get back on her feet. She then tries to carefully step out of the greased area (One square Down, two squares right)...
1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 - 2 = 15 Acrobatics
...and very carefully moves her way out of the greased area and towards the four of you.

Fipps first tries to maintain his ability to stand as he moves towards Lazha...
1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 - 2 = 2 Reflex
...but slips and falls in the grease. He then takes a moment to try and stand up again...
1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 - 2 = 8 Acrobatics
...but fails to get his feet back under himself.

Jaundiced Jape slips a bit in the grease...
1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 - 2 = 7 Reflex
...and falls prone.


@Octavia - Syl reels from the sonic assault...
1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 - 2 = 3 Fortitude
...and staggers where she stands, looking ready to back down from the fight.


Jape attempts to stand...
1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 - 2 = 12 Acrobatics
...gets his feet back under himself and steps forward (or tries to)...
1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 - 2 = 9 Acrobatics
...before slipping and falling again.


Female Half-Orc Cleric 1, hp 9/9, AC 10, touch 10, flat 10, F +3, R +0, W +5, Init +0, Perc +3

Ah Syl, I thought you'd have more fight in you. One missed swing and you're ready to crumble?

Jericho goes before Lazha. I'm going to assume that he goes after Aretha as the only combatant standing.

Lazha steps forward, and kicks Fipps where he lies. I TOLD you to leave us be.

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 (I'm sure there are modifiers for prone and flatfooted, but I'll let you add those)
Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 non-lethal

He's the one who made the threats, so he's the one we have to make an example of.

For future turns, you can assume Lazha will continue beating Fipps until he is unconscious, unless Syl rejoins the fight, or someone makes it past Jericho to threaten the spellcasters.

]However, if Jericho didn't go after Aretha, then I will use Surge to push her back into the Greased area.

Surge:
As a standard action, you can cause a mighty wave to appear that pushes or pulls a single creature. Make a combat maneuver check against the target, using your cleric level + your Wisdom modifier as your CMB. If successful, you may pull or push the creature as if using the bull rush or drag combat maneuver. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.

Surge Attack:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


Jericho turns to Aretta and bellows, "Stay down!" as he launches a haymaker on her...
Punch: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15, 1d3 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 Nonlethal.
...landing a solid blow on the dour looking woman.

@Lazha - Fipps groans when you kick him solidly in the ribs, and doubles up a bit.


Syl staggers where she stands, unable to move due to some unknown force. She still stands to defend herself, but seems a bit more unsure, and in considerable pain.


Female Half Orc Diva 1, HP 9/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 14, Touch 12, Flat 14, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Octavia, not wanting to appear as if she's not helping, will attempt to rush in range of Jape, around the outside of the room if she can, while he's down and kick him in the side.

To hit:1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 2 + 4 = 16
Non-lethal DMG: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Half-orc Inquisitor 2 AC 17/12/15 / HP 16/16 / F +6 R +3 W +6 / Init. +6 / Perc. +7 / Sense Motive +8

Sorry for holding things up.

Mithas conjures a ball of sizzling acid and flicks it with disdain at Jape.

Acid Dart (range touch attack): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

It misses the man completely and flies to hit the hull, where it hisses briefly before disappearing.


No worries.

Aretta withdraws, sorely wounded by  Jericho's blow and seemingly out of the fight.

Fipps groans on the ground, holding his wounded side.

Jape, though mildly wounded by Octavia's blow, responds by spinning in the grease and attempting to kick her legs with a heavy foot..

1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 3 - 1 = 13, 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

...he connects solidly, and you'll have a large bruise on your shin.


Jericho also steps up to Jape and delivers a heavy fist downward on his prone form...

1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 4 = 20, 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 Nonlethal.

He easily lands the blow, and Jape howls in pain.


Female Half-Orc Cleric 1, hp 9/9, AC 10, touch 10, flat 10, F +3, R +0, W +5, Init +0, Perc +3

Lazha kicks Fipps once again.

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Damage:1d3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 nonlethal


All four appear to be out of the fight, and the surrounding pirates simply stand in silence before beginning to shuffle up the stairs. Those you have befriended clap you on the shoulders, while others move to help the wounded, giving you looks that are a mixture of begrudging respect and deep dislike.

Any actions you like before starting the days tasks in about ten minutes (game time).


Half-orc Inquisitor 2 AC 17/12/15 / HP 16/16 / F +6 R +3 W +6 / Init. +6 / Perc. +7 / Sense Motive +8

"Well that was an invigorating way to start the day. Is everyone alright?"


Female Half-Orc Cleric 1, hp 9/9, AC 10, touch 10, flat 10, F +3, R +0, W +5, Init +0, Perc +3

Lazha takes a deep breath. Glad that's over. I thought for a minute there I was going to have to be...ruthless. Like mother taught me. Then to the attackers and those helping them regroup she says

"I've no quarrel with any of you. You want to be friends, we can all get along."

Lazha flashes a channel and everyone within 30' (which is hopefully everyone on both sides) heals some damage.

Healing: 1d3 ⇒ 2 lethal & nonlethal

"But if you mess with a Slicksheen," Lazha pauses to flick one of the drops of blood on her wrist at the nearest opponent, "then this is what you get. A beatdown. Got it?"

Then Lazha turns to her friends and follows them upstairs.

"Yes Mithas, that definitely got the blood pumping. And you let me know if you ever need any more butter -- I'm happy to keep you well supplied."


Female Half Orc Diva 1, HP 9/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 14, Touch 12, Flat 14, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Ouch!! That hurt. Octavia rubs her shin when the other pirates aren't looking.

"Well know that we delt with them I suppose we better get on with out day?"

I really need to find a way to get a weapon or a spell component pouch. I never gave those few tricks I learnt much attention but I think they may be useful out here.

151 to 200 of 382 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Skull and Shackles AP - Gameplay (Est. 5 / 26 / 2012) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.