Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Skull and Shackles++ (Inactive)

Game Master acecipher

A skull and shackles game I'm running with an insane number of players (10); new recruitment is [u]CLOSED[/u] so please stop applying, especially now that we've started


1 to 50 of 208 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

You all awake slowly.

After that great night of revelry (probably too great), you awake to a rhythmic swaying motion, a creaking sound to go with it, and the smell of salt mixed with mold and mildew. As you first move, you feel a splitting headache take its hold and dim light barely illuminates the bars in front of you, and the vague humanoid shapes in the cell across from you.

Since I started it early, I'll give everyone a chance to ready up before I really get things moving, because my next post will be probably loooooooong, and I just don't want to suddenly spring that on you if you want to do character development for a little. So yeah, post something--it could be as much as a paragraph (or more) or as little as a sentence, jsut don't overdo it since I will have to start things up soon after you awaken.


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4,

Sunny groans...even as she gently begins to rub the sleep...and other crud...from her eyes and face.

"Oh maaan...that were a bad batch o' prawns!" She moans out load...followed by her tummy rumbling in a matching sound. She slowly wiggles herself up into at least a sitting position and blearily looks around at where ever this morning has found her.

Perception:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 (Not to forget Elf's X4 low light vision)

She again gently rubs at her eyes, the better to clear up her still blurry vision.

Also postin' t' get me a 'Dot'. (^_^)


Sunny:

You are, quite obviously, in some sort of jail... and one afloat. There are other humanoid figures around, but you can't tell much about them.


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4,

Sunny peers into the gloom, "Yup...a rilly baaad batch of prawns..." She repeats slowly as her situation comes more to light.


Female Human Spell-less Ranger 1

What... Card game...the little cheater...what happened?

Aula groans as she fights the headache trying to split her head in halves.
The sound, smell and movement quickly call her back from those memories.

A ship, what am I doing on a ship?, she thinks as she peers around through her half opened eyes.


Female Half-elf Urban Barbarian 1 / AC 15, touch 13, flat-footed 12 / hp 14 / Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 / Perception +8

Sharice groans and takes a half-hearted swing at the source of the noise, only to wince as her hand smacks against something hard. She gropes blearily at it, trying to jolt enough brain cells into action that she can recognize what she's holding on to...

... bars. metal... lock... cell?

...wait, are we adrift?

Adrenaline is a wonderful drug. Sharice goes from half-awake to furious in under a second, growling as she gives the cell door a hard yank before her conscious mind catches up.

No. This isn't the time. Harness the anger. Hold on to it until the time is right.

THEN we make whoever is responsible for this PAY...

She takes a few more deep breaths to steady herself, then looks around the hold. Some of those faces seem familiar...


Female Human Bard (Court Bard)

And at least one girl who isn't familiar, at first glance. While it's mostly the same face, the tattoos have dulled to almost grey as opposed to their flashy, silvery appearance from the night before. The haircut might actually be understandable, except that whoever kidnapped you would also have had to have taken the time to dye it.

Lucia groans and takes it all in, slowly looking around and pushing herself to her knees. "Okay, I only had one drink, usually have more than that after a good cast party," she mumbles out, before reality seems to catch up to her and she glances about.

What is this? WHERE is this? We're...rocking? Are we at sea?


Female Samsaran Divine Channeler 1; AC 11/T 10/FF 11; HP 9/9; F +2/R +0/W +5; Init +0; Per +5

Taize awakens to yet another unfamiliar situation. She tries to track her memories to something that would bring her to this spot.

Bar, card game, drink...spicy drink? What was in that drink?

Profession_cook: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Drugged. Why didn't I realize it then?

She looks around, trying to take in the situation and identify her companions.

Race has low-light vision

She reaches into her clothing for her guide-compass...

I assume it's gone?

Upon finding her comfortingly familiar guide missing, she starts to curse, softly, in Samsaran.

She pauses, realizing the futiltiy of cursing the unknown, and speaks, softly, to the other occupants of the room."I am Taize Vesper. Who else is here?"


Female Human Bard (Court Bard)

"I am...what happened last night? We didn't do anything crazy, did we?" The new blonde girl says, holding her head. "I distinctly only remember the first drink."


Female Samsaran Divine Channeler 1; AC 11/T 10/FF 11; HP 9/9; F +2/R +0/W +5; Init +0; Per +5

"That spicy drink was drugged. I wish I'd realized it before I drank it."

She snorts in bitter amusement. "I guess we've all signed up for a sea voyage. Can't say much for the accomodations, though."

She checks around for her few items. "And it looks like our -or at least my- things are hopefully in storage for the trip."

Edit spelling: stupid auto-correct


Male Half-Elf Storm Druid 1

Locke begins to wake up, realizes he has no idea where he is or what happened the night before, and decides not to continue until he gets an idea of who or what is around him. He slowly cracks one eye, fighting off an excruciating headache, and looks around as best he can.

Seeing several familiar faces from the tavern, all of whom seem to be in the same boat as he, so to speak (and also literally, judging from the rocking motion), the half-elf carefully stands, noting the loss of his pack and musket.

"Well, I do recall several of you expressing your desire to set sail on a ship. It looks like you're living the dream... Does anyone have the faintest idea of what happened?"


Female Half-elf Urban Barbarian 1 / AC 15, touch 13, flat-footed 12 / hp 14 / Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 / Perception +8

Sharice shakes her head. "I remember feeling a bit warm and sleepy and thinking I should arrange for a place to sleep with the bar, trying to get up..."

She scowls. "... The rum. His 'special spiced rum, house recipe'..." she growls. "When we get out of here I'm going to hunt that whore's son down and..." Her voice trails off into a groan as the headache sets in again and she slumps back on her cot.


Male Hobgoblin Cleric 1

Dot. Will be busy all day, but hopefully first post tonight.

Grand Lodge

Female Sylph Rogue- Sniper

Kestryl awakens to the sounds of the others' grumbles. What the...? Where am I? Damn Chexian b+~%% must've popped me on the back of the head, and just when I was thinkin' she weren't after me. Waitaminnit...

Her eyes clear and her low light/darkvision kick in. Kestryl sees all of her "comrades" from the bar in assorted cells, including Aula. We're all captives? On a boat? "Living the dream"-- now that's funny. Let me pull the axe outta me head, and then I'll see what I can do with these locks...

Whoever clocked me couldnta waited 5 mins? I was gonna sweep the table with a full house.


Male Half-Elf Magus 1

Jensen opens his eyes, with a raging headache from the night before. He lays there and looks around. Taking note of who is here with him, he searches himself looking for his smokes, or anything else for that matter, and finds nothing. Well damn, least they could have done was leave me some smokes. Wonder where I am... And why do all these kids gotta be so loud in the morning.

With that Jensen will stand up and take a better perception of his surroundings. "Best to just wait it out here, I've heard slavery ain't all that bad." Jensen laughs with that comment, and with a smile and checks for the reactions it gets. Lets see who is weak here. In this kind of situation the weak will only get people hurt


Female Samsaran Divine Channeler 1; AC 11/T 10/FF 11; HP 9/9; F +2/R +0/W +5; Init +0; Per +5

Taize looks over at the speaker. "If you say so. Still, I suspect the best course of action is to play a waiting game. Know what you're facing before acting. Speculations without sources are less than cobwebs in the air. And more fragile."


Alright, since all we have left is Brendan, who I will egg into posting later... I'll just start it early since the 24 hours are up.

Suddenly the dim light is peirced by a lantern's sharp beam as a door is swung open; fifteen men enter the room, all surrounding one lean figure, scowling not in pain, but in a pitiful, disturbing attempt to smile through a mass of scar tissue. He cracks his whip, lets out a roar, and yells at all present,

"Still abed with the sun over the yardarm? On your feet, ye filthy swabs! Get up on deck and report for duty before Cap’n Harrigan flays your flesh into sausage skins and has Fishguts fry ye up for breakfast!”

Gradually the sailors with him begin unlocking the cells, and roughly cajoling you towards the door.

Post any reactions you might have, otherwise... I'll just keep moving on. Some parts of this are harder to do as a play-by-post. Also do note that doing nothing is an acceptable action here.

Grand Lodge

Female Sylph Rogue- Sniper

Kestryl whispers to Taize Fine. Let's wait and see what's what. So far this 'shared destiny' of yours is turning out just grand. Is it too late to pick a different Samsaran to share a destiny with?

To her swarthy "escort" she says Watch it, mister. I'm movin', I'm movin'. Grab me again and you'll lose that hand.


Female Samsaran Divine Channeler 1; AC 11/T 10/FF 11; HP 9/9; F +2/R +0/W +5; Init +0; Per +5

Taize whispers back "Probably. But if you see another one let me know too. Ever heard of this 'Cap'n Harrigan?'"

She shrugs past her 'escort' and heads up on deck with Kestryl and the others.

Once on deck she shuffles around, seeming to jocky for position while taking time to observe both her fellow 'recruits' and the ship itself, but is apparently temporarily blinded by the sun in her still drug-sensitive eyes.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Edit because I can, too, spell. I just can't type


Female Human Bard (Court Bard)

Lucia gives the man a none-too-subtle glare as she slowly forces herself to her feet. "All right, all right. No need to shout..." She starts slowly stumbling her way to the stairs. "Geez, like being a chorus girl all over again,"


Female Half-elf Urban Barbarian 1 / AC 15, touch 13, flat-footed 12 / hp 14 / Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 / Perception +8

Sharice GLARES at the shouter, a silent promise of a slow and painful death as soon as she sees an opportunity, then sullenly makes her way abovedecks with the others.


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4,

Sunny has remained folded up around herself after he initial awakening, even as others have woken up and unwound.

With the coming of the lighting and the noise and the hurting, she manages to barely stand and then slowly shuffle out of her cell and towards the waiting daylight.

"I dun't think I be ever eatin' prawns agin..." She mumbles quietly to no one in particular, her gaze not lifting above her feet, her voice easily carrying the misery her body is currently feeling.

"Jus'...jus' let me get on deck...I'll be okeys then..." She hiccups and staggers a little faster...

"Oooooooo...please let me make it up on't deck..." She pleads softly, seemingly to no one but herself even as she almost drops to all fours the better to hasten her greeting the day above.


Female Human Spell-less Ranger 1

The tone of the voice has an impressive effect on Aula. As soon as she hears it, she finds herself standing at attention before realizing she is no longer on a chelaxian ship.

She clamps her mouth shut just before yelling back 'Sir, yes Sir' and changes her posture as quick as possible almost blushing from shame.

Damn it, girl, you're not in the navy any more. Stop acting like that or you'll get yourself killed. Let's see where I am and what's going on.

Moving towards the door, she follows her captors checking herself for whatever equipment they may have left her.


Male Half-Elf Magus 1

Jensen looks at the man with the whip, lets slide a slight smile. Bet ya that hurts like a b#%#@. Best to just fall in line and get a feel for this capt'n he's talking about. Hopefully I haven't found myself on a ship as nasty as the Blood Moon.

He will fall into the line up, and wait for more instructions.


male Human(ulfen) magus 1

Brendan finally wakes up and looks around and start looking for his thinks I think I just got gang pressed. Brendan looks aroudn to see if there are any objects in the cell or any loose floorboards.

perception
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17


Brendan Voll wrote:

Brendan finally wakes up and looks around and start looking for his thinks I think I just got gang pressed. Brendan looks aroudn to see if there are any objects in the cell or any loose floorboards.

perception
1d20+1

Brendan read my last post and follow that, otherwise I'll just move on and have you have that as your reaction. :P


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4,

Sunny actually tries to push past the 'Ganger'/'Crews' legs the faster to get up on deck...

Brendan Voll wrote:
Brendan looks around to see if there are any objects in the cell or any loose floorboards.

Mate...if you do find a loose floor board we are all in a LOT of trouble! XD


Also because of your high check, yes, several of the floorboards are loose. There is nothing hidden under them though, nor could anything really be.


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4,

:dragon: DAC GM wrote:
Also because of your high check, yes, several of the floorboards are loose. There is nothing hidden under them though, nor could anything really be.

(0_o) I think we's in a lot of trouble...


Female Human Bard (Court Bard)

Lucia takes note of some of her more experienced new 'crew-mates' and quickly thinks about thiings for a moment. Something's off. Even for a press-ganging, they're acting like this isn't normal. So it probably isn't normal. So what's your story? Her attention quickly goes to the man who so rudely awoke them...

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


Male Hobgoblin Cleric 1

Turniphead realizes he is in trouble as soon as he awakens. He only drank fruit juice...he shouldn't have a hangover. As he hears the others awaken, he notes many familiar faces from the previous card game, and chuckles to himself...Looks like they used up their luck...I'm used to bad luck, but should have a whole lot of positive built up somewhere.

The Hob then begins to loudly wail, and dance, invoking the spirits of his ancestors, Besmara, and whoever else might be listening, and praying for his divine power. He continues to do so until the entering crew forces him to stop. He then continues to mumble under his breath, and touch his various tattoos, Scars, and bangles, as he makes his way above board. He still hasn't spoken to anyone else.


male Human(ulfen) magus 1

Brendan slowly stands up in his cell and then begins to look towards his captors and slowly take a few steps towards them.


Female Half-elf Urban Barbarian 1 / AC 15, touch 13, flat-footed 12 / hp 14 / Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 / Perception +8

As she walks, Sharice keeps one eye on her captors, and another on her fellow 'hirees'. Who could be useful, which ones are paying attention, which ones won't be much use for anything other than muscle, who'll need convincing...

She doesn't have enough information yet. She doesn't know the name of the ship, or its layout, or the balance of power between the captain and his or her enforcers, or where the stress points are, and she doesn't have any weapons or any backup she can count on. If she starts a fight now, she'd lose as surely as she got pummeled back home whenever she let her anger override her judgement, and she'd accomplish nothing.

Better to go along for now, watch and learn, and bide her time... And remember that she ultimately got even with each and every single one of her tormentors...


Female Samsaran Divine Channeler 1; AC 11/T 10/FF 11; HP 9/9; F +2/R +0/W +5; Init +0; Per +5

Taize rubs her eyes to clear her eyesight and stands with the rest of her new - associates.


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4,

Sooo...makin' a tad assumption in me postin' here...

The blond haired Elf staggers up onto the deck, barely looking around as she follows the sea breeze and moves quickly to the leeward railing.

There she no sooner partly flops herself over the side before she's returning a lot of the previous evenings fare into the ocean passing the ship by.


Male Half-Elf Storm Druid 1

Locke quickly and quietly gets to his feet, and follows his captors above deck. He carefully watches for any signs of weakness in the crew, any uneven gaits, any cloudy eyes, and especially any signs of tension between them. As Locke walks he also tries to ascertain the crew's opinion of and intentions for him and the others from the tavern. It would be important to know how much these pirates value their captives if he and the others wish to plan an escape.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4,
Tiberius Locke wrote:

He carefully watches for any signs of weakness in the crew.[dice=Perception]1d20+13

[dice=Sense Motive]1d20+12

Yes...Sunny is bein' rilly, rilly sick. :P The up-chunks she be sheddin' int' fake...not in teh least-est. (>_<)


male Human(ulfen) magus 1

Brendan takes a few more steps towards the deck. Brendan looks to see if the sailors have any obvious weapons on them without touching them.


The angry, shouting man cracks his whip. "COME ON, LOLLYGAGGERS, YOU'D BETTER MOVE FASTER THAN THAT IF YOU'D PREFER LIFE OVER BEING FOOD FOR SOME NICE FRIENDLY SHARKIES!" He swears mightily with the delay of several people. However, as resistance to this number of crew would clearly be futile, everyone gurdgingly agrees without any violence on their part.

Finally, you all straggle aboard the main deck, and lined up next to four other (significantly cleaner and well-kempt) uneasy Riffraff: a strikingly beautiful lass obviously accustomed to the seas (See the girl on the left of the cover too the players guide), a tough-looking female halfling, a foppish gnome dressed in a bizzare purple outfit, and a tough looking human, who stares back angrily at anyone who stares at him for too long. All of your 'security detail' languish around on deck (at least until they are forced back into the rigging by someone who you can only presume is an officer).

Kestryl, Sunny, Sharice, Taize, Tiberius, Turniphead:

Spoiler:
As you were walking up the creaky stairs, you all notice the taste of rather oily nutmeg on your tongue...

Taize, Tiberius, Turniphead:

Spoiler:

....which is a clear sign of Oil of Taggit poisoning. The spices in your rum, food or pineapple juice must have hidden its taste.

Sunny, Kestryl, Lucia, Tiberius:

Spoiler:
As you see the first beams of light strike his face, the angry man's visage stirs a memory in you... yes, you hazily remember seeing him as an onlooker to the card game last night.

Standing on the massive main deck, you can finally appreciaciate how large a ship you were put on. Port Peril is over the horizon, only a small red blotch astern of the ship. Two men stand with this fading sight between them. One, a broad, muscular Garundi man with a shaven head, a long beard bound with gold rings, and an eye patch, is clearly the captain. The other is younger, and balding, wearing a well-worn coat and carrying a cat-o'-nine-tails, still red from... something.

Once all eyes are on him (whether they fell there naturally or were turned for them), he begins to speak.

“Glad you could join us at last! Welcome to the Wormwood! My thanks for ‘volunteering’ to join my crew. I’m Barnabas Harrigan. That’s Captain Barnabas Harrigan to you, not that you’ll ever need to address me. I have only one rule—don’t speak to me. I like talk, but I don’t like your talk. Follow that rule and we’ll all get along fine.

“Oh, and one more thing. Even with you large gaggle of new recruits, we’re still short-handed, and I aim to keep what crew I have. There’ll be a keelhaulin’ for anyone caught killin’ anyone. Mr. Plugg! If you’d be so kind as to make pirates out of these landlubbers, it’ll save me having to put them in the sweatbox for a year and a day before I make pies out of ’em.”

He turns away shortly after his speech, leaving the other man (obviously Mr. Plugg) to smile cruelly at the crew. He too has something to say in a deep, menacing voice.

"Welcome aboard. Since we don't appreciate those who aren't hard workers aboard this ship, your work starts now. All of you fresh fish, climb to the crow's nest as fast as you can, now. GET MOVING!!" He finishes, a vein popping out in his forehead.

Okay, I'm going to need several climb checks for all of you (to be good, just roll 10; I'd think that should be enough). Alternatively, if you want to, you can also bluff him to try to climb slower than you really can. Also, if you really want to, you CAN refuse. Do note that all of these actions have consequences.

Grand Lodge

Female Sylph Rogue- Sniper

Kestryl doesn't mind climbing. Waiting in high places for a likely target has always been one of her favorite things. Besides, the rolling of the waves, the stench of sweat, and the taste on her tongue all conspire to do her stomach no favors.

Mebbe the ship will smell better from higher up. With that, she gives a good effort at climbing.

climb:

If the ship has a Crow's nest, that will be her hoped-for position. Can she use her 50' move to go faster as well?
Kestryl will attempt to go 25' per round. I'll roll a couple extras in case of any fails.
Climb: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


Female Human Bard (Court Bard)

Dammit, never liked getting to the balcony this way, and now it's moving... The ex-diva looks around for an escape before sighing and starting up, carefully.

Climb dice behind spoiler:

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


Yes, she may climb at 1/4 speed with her 50-ft move and go 10 ft per round, or accelerate her climb and go 25ft per round on a successful check. Now do more, you're nowhere near the top (which is 60 ft up).

Also Lucia, you're only 25 feet up. Let me make more rolls to see how you do, in case it becomes relevant...Linky so it took you 27 rounds to get up there, if it does become an issue.


Male Half-Elf Magus 1

That captain seems like the nasty sort. Better watch my step here until I can get this situation figured out. Mr. Plugg on the other hand doesn't seem to be the brightest fellow around, shouldn't be too hard to get over on him. And with that Jensen moves up to his rope and begins to climb. Watching Kestryl get off to a zooming start, he tries his best to get up as well.

Climb checks:

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 141d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 91d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 71d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 201d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 111d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 221d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 171d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 71d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 211d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 61d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 161d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 71d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 121d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

some good rolls, some bad. Let me know if I need to make more, or you can make them for me if it will speed things up for you ha ha.


Male Half-Elf Storm Druid 1

Locke briefly considers jumping over the side and making use of a Touch Of The Sea spell to attempt an escape, but decides that on such a large ship there would almost certainly be someone capable of catching him, and he isn't completely sure of his ability to make it back to shore, besides which he figures musket is somewhere aboard, and he is loath to abandon it. Instead of any diving overboard he silently complies with the climbing order. Although he's spent time on ships, the rigging was never his strong point...

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Although overall he climbs fairly competently.


Okay, looks like I should have asked you all to make 20 rolls. Also Lucia I apologise, it took you only 17 rounds as per last time.

Now for more linkies: Extended climb check rolls for Jensen, More rolls for Tiberius

And a tabulation of how long everyone has taken so far:

Kestryl: [u]3 rounds[/u]
Jensen: 13 rounds
Lucia: 17 rounds
Timberius: 17 rounds

EDIT: Seeing Kestryl's roll, none of you are going to beat that. EVER. However, I've decided to double-up on roles, because there are that many more crew to train. So have fun, the rest of you. In the mean time...

Mr. Plugg yells at the recruits to climb. He bellows loudly and says, "Sad day to see how hard climbin' is for 9 scallywags... wait, 9?" He looks overboard, then looks up, and sees Kestryl just as she finishes her climb. "YOU!!" He bellows at the sniper, "WHAT FOUL SORCERRERY ARE YOU HIDING? GET DOWN AND DO THAT AGAIN!! I'LL BE WATCHING SO DON'T TRY ANYTHING FISHY, YOU HEAR?"

He watches intently as the rogue proceeds to climb down then back up again, while most of the group still languishes below. He looks with disbelief at the amazing feat performed before him for but a second, and then redoubles his angry scowl, even more menacing than before.


Female Half-elf Urban Barbarian 1 / AC 15, touch 13, flat-footed 12 / hp 14 / Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 / Perception +8

Sharice glares at "captain" Harrigan, but keeps her tongue to herself and clambers up the rigging.

Dice:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Grand Lodge

Female Sylph Rogue- Sniper

Kestryl climbs down with a smirk at Plugg.
I could feather fall it down, with an acrobatic twist just to show off.... Nah. No need to give away all my tricks.
On reaching the deck she sniffs at Plugg Yeah, it did smell better up there.

I hope I can just stay up this time, clear my head until I can figger this thing out.

She watches her new compatriots and their captors closely, calculating the odds. Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

And she'll give Lucia and the others a hand near the top.


Female Human Spell-less Ranger 1

Aula takes the time to her bearings and listen to her new captain's threats silently trying to remove the bad taste in her mount and clear her head.

So that's where we are. Let's play safe and be an eager pirate. At least until I find my equipment and can plan for an escape.

As she hears Mr Plugg's command, a thin smile lights her face and still without a word, she runs towards the rig and jumps to grab it before climbing as fast as she can.

Acrobatics check for a running jump 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

climb:
Climb checks 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Climb checks 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Climb checks 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Climb checks 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Climb checks 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Climb checks 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Climb checks 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Climb checks 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Climb checks 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Climb checks 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4,

*Pouts...*

After staggering and wobbling away from the rail and taking a slouching, shifting place in line with eery one else. Sunny listens to the large man make his case though while he is doing so she is taking many large, deep breaths and slowly regaining her composure.

Fort Save:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 (:P Very slowly regaining her composure)

As the captain hands over to the fellow in the coat...who wastes no time in yelling an order, Sunny jumps at the barked command and,

Climb Checks:

1:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
2:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
3:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6(*HURK!*)
4:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
5:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11(*BLARG!*)
6:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
7:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
8:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
9:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
10:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11(*BAAARF!*)

Proceeds to scamper up the rigging, choosing again to take the leeward side ropes up to the crow's nest.

Though Sunny shows herself to be as adept as Kestryl,(Though still no where near as fast) her few random stomach induced 'hiccups' along the way slow her motions and spoil her fun. Once back on deck Sunny is still not a happy camper.

"Maaaan.." She groans...."And I used t'like prawns..." She sniffles, "Now...it seems prawns, they dun like me..." Laments softly, still slightly bent over and rubbing her tummy.


Female Samsaran Divine Channeler 1; AC 11/T 10/FF 11; HP 9/9; F +2/R +0/W +5; Init +0; Per +5

Taize listens to her new 'employer' and decides she doesn't like him much. Seeing no toher choice and not wanting to experience Mr. Plugg's skill with tat whip, she shrugs and starts to climb.

Climb_checks:
1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

3: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

4: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

5: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

6: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

7: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

8: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

9: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

10: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Taize tries, but slips several times without having to fake it.

Do I 'splat' due to the 3 or any of those 8s? If so, see the following

Finding herself slipping, Taize desperately tries to keep from severe injury by rolling with the fall, but instead rolls into it.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Sigh

1 to 50 of 208 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Skull And Shackles++ (IC) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.