Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Skull and Croak: A Skull & Shackles Game

Game Master Almonihah


51 to 100 of 106 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

Male Grippli Hunter 2 | HP 19/19 4 NL | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | Fort +5 Ref +5 Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +8

G'*larik thinks for a moment. "Some just call Garik. Is fine. Better than 'Frog'." He paused for a moment, considering. "Pirate Queen not bad. Follower of the Wind and the Waves myself."


Female Half-Elf Swashbuckler (Picaroon) 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +1 Ref +7 Will +1; +2 vs. enchantments | Init +8 | Perception +3

She notices the tengu they arrived with waving her over. She sighed. Well, she thought. I guess it wouldn't hurt to make some friends.

Posted from my Moto my Moto Z


Male Shapeshifting Griffon Technomancer 20

"Ol' Gozreh, eh?" Sandara replies, grinning. "They say Gozreh 'nd Besmara have a... stormy relationship."

She guffaws at her own joke, then sobers a bit. "Garik 'll work. Look, Garik, seems like you've been on a ship before, so you might know, but... you don't last alone out at sea. 'nd it seems like you've managed t' get in Mr. Plugg's bad book, same as me 'nd Taiquin." She nods at the tengu. "So I figure we should team up 's best we can, watch each other's backs when we're not on duty 'nd the like. 't's our only chance to live through this whole thing, far 's I can see."

So does Abel come over to join them? I'm not clear on whether or not she does.


Female Half-Elf Swashbuckler (Picaroon) 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +1 Ref +7 Will +1; +2 vs. enchantments | Init +8 | Perception +3

Yeah, she does.

Posted from my Moto Z Play


Male Shapeshifting Griffon Technomancer 20

Abel walks up in time to hear Sandara's last words.


Female Half-Elf Swashbuckler (Picaroon) 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +1 Ref +7 Will +1; +2 vs. enchantments | Init +8 | Perception +3

"I don't mean to interrupt," she spoke tentatively, lowering herself to the deck planks. "Mind if I join you?"

Posted from my Moto Z Play


Male Shapeshifting Griffon Technomancer 20

"Yes, please, join us," the tengu says, giving Abel a slight bow. "I am Taiquin."

"Sandara," the human woman says, nodding at Abel. "You got shanghaied with th' rest of us, right?"


Male Grippli Hunter 2 | HP 19/19 4 NL | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | Fort +5 Ref +5 Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +8

"G'*larik. Though can call Garik. You?"


Female Half-Elf Swashbuckler (Picaroon) 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +1 Ref +7 Will +1; +2 vs. enchantments | Init +8 | Perception +3

Abel inclined her head in response. "So it would seem," she said, chewing on her biscuit. "I'm Abel, by the way. Abel Icestriker. I made a living as a performer along the coast. 'Till I wound up here, that is."


Male Shapeshifting Griffon Technomancer 20

Sandara nods. "Thought so. So, as I was saying, seems like Mr. Plugg's not exactly fond 'f the lot of us, so I was thinking we should stick together. Got t' watch each other's back on a ship like this."

She glances about furtively, then reaches into her boot and pulls out two daggers--familiar ones. "Fortunately th' quartermaster's a friendly sort, 'nd I was able t' talk these out 'f her. We're not supposed t' have weapons unless we're gettin' ready to board someone, but... nobody obeys that, so you'd better not, either. Jus' don't go showing 'em off."

She holds the daggers out to each of you.

They're your daggers that you had before getting press-ganged.


Male Grippli Hunter 2 | HP 19/19 4 NL | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | Fort +5 Ref +5 Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +8

G'*larik takes his dagger and tucks it into the back of his clothes, as out of sight as he can manage.
*Roak* "Many thanks. Feel safer now. Strength in numbers is always good too."


Female Half-Elf Swashbuckler (Picaroon) 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +1 Ref +7 Will +1; +2 vs. enchantments | Init +8 | Perception +3

Abel accepts the weapon and readily slips it into her own boot. "Sounds like a plan to me."

Posted from my Moto Z Play


Male Shapeshifting Griffon Technomancer 20

Sandara nods, smiling. "Right, we're a start. We'd all best keep eyes peeled fer others t' add to our merry band, though."


Female Half-Elf Swashbuckler (Picaroon) 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +1 Ref +7 Will +1; +2 vs. enchantments | Init +8 | Perception +3

Abel nodded. "Alright," she said, finishing her fish and biscuit and wiping her mouth on the back of her hand. She felt this pact of theirs needed something more, but wasn't entirely sure how to go about it.


Male Grippli Hunter 2 | HP 19/19 4 NL | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | Fort +5 Ref +5 Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +8

G'*larik nodded. "Good plan. When we talk again? Be suspicious if take all mealtimes together." He also looked around, checking to see if they were being watched.


Male Shapeshifting Griffon Technomancer 20

'Watched' was probably too strong of a word. Little groups of sailors were all about the deck, though the officers were absent save for Master Scourge, no doubt eating their much finer fare away from the common riff-raff of the ship. Some of them looked over at the odd group from time to time, but none of them were really keeping a close eye on the group.

"Good question... from what I hear, we've th' evenings t' entertain ourselves for a bit," Besmara says. "Probably can cross paths sometime 'r another 'fore sundown most days."

Anything else before more plot happens?


Female Half-Elf Swashbuckler (Picaroon) 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +1 Ref +7 Will +1; +2 vs. enchantments | Init +8 | Perception +3

Not that I can think of... unless we wanna make a blood oath or something... I dunno...


Male Grippli Hunter 2 | HP 19/19 4 NL | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | Fort +5 Ref +5 Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +8

G'*larik was thoughtful for a moment. "Maybe group needs name. Best if it be something not suspicious."


Male Shapeshifting Griffon Technomancer 20

"Ha! Code name, you're saying? Got a suggestion?"


Female Half-Elf Swashbuckler (Picaroon) 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +1 Ref +7 Will +1; +2 vs. enchantments | Init +8 | Perception +3

"Nothing comes to mind immediately, but I don't think we need to decide on one right now."


Male Grippli Hunter 2 | HP 19/19 4 NL | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | Fort +5 Ref +5 Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +8

G'*larik thought for a while, before speaking up again. "Maybe so; can't think of anything good that not too obvious. Words hard sometimes. Maybe think, choose tomorrow?"


Male Shapeshifting Griffon Technomancer 20

Sandara nods. "Sounds good," she begins, but then is interrupted by a shout.

"All right, ye swabs!" Mr. Plugg is standing next to a man in chains. "Time for the best part of the day--the bloody hour! Now, Jakes Magpie here," he kicks the man next to him, "Was caught stealing from the quartermaster! We can't have that now, can we? So Jakes here is going to t' take a little trip along th' Wormwood's hull!"

He laughs, and then he and some other pirates proceed with the keelhauling. What's brought up on the other side of the ship when it's all done is scarcely recognizable as human, and is soon thrown to the sharks.

"All right, now that bit of fun's over," Mr. Plugg says once all is done, "Ye've a bit o' time t' amuse yourselves. Jus' remember, If'n any of you's got sticky fingers..."

He points to the sea with a most unpleasant smile.

There's a bit of quiet time, but soon enough some merriment starts on deck.

You can participate in some pirate songs and games--I'll put the rules up in the Campaign Info tab. Alternatively, you can take a nighttime ship action, which will also be on the Campaign Info tab.


Female Half-Elf Swashbuckler (Picaroon) 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +1 Ref +7 Will +1; +2 vs. enchantments | Init +8 | Perception +3

I think I had profession performer, but I don't know where to find it. I don't even know how that would work...

Posted from my Moto Z Play


Male Shapeshifting Griffon Technomancer 20

It's just a skill check--so roll d20 and add your skill modifier. It doesn't look like you have any Perform skills listed on your character sheet, though.


Male Grippli Hunter 2 | HP 19/19 4 NL | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | Fort +5 Ref +5 Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +8

G'*larik decided to look around for Conchobar; from what he'd seen, the gnome was going to need some proper instruction in ship sailing if he was going to make it very far, and he wasn't very impressed with the standards of training on this ship. The gnome was also just about the only person on the ship not a part of their little band he knew by name, and had been a part of the latest shanghaiing, so he probably wasn't closely associated with the officers.
Besides, while G'*larik wasn't very good at chatting, he was a veteran sailor, and the gnome might appreciate talking to someone his own size.

Failing that, he'd just hang around and try to get a feel for the ship's crew, see if there were any factions already forming.

D20 roll if needed: 1d20 ⇒ 18


Male Shapeshifting Griffon Technomancer 20

The grippli finds Conchobar just in time to see the gnome getting slapped by one of the women in the crew. As she stalks off, he reaches up and rubs his cheek, looking more shocked than hurt.

He notices G'*larik coming up and comments, "I'm sure she wouldn't have done that if I still had my hat."

It's hard to tell if he's serious or not.


Male Grippli Hunter 2 | HP 19/19 4 NL | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | Fort +5 Ref +5 Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +8

*roak* "Maybe yes, maybe no. Don't know full context, can't say. Do know sailing, though. You looked like need help with that, maybe teach?"

G'*larik was hardly surprised that the gnome was a little unusual, and possibly getting into trouble. He was a gnome, after all.


Female Half-Elf Swashbuckler (Picaroon) 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +1 Ref +7 Will +1; +2 vs. enchantments | Init +8 | Perception +3

Abel stands up and dusts herself off, then calls out in a loud voice, "Alright, I'm up for some dancing. If anyone's interested, give me a beat!"

Perfrom: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


Male Shapeshifting Griffon Technomancer 20

Conchobar gives G'*larik a rather suspicious look. "I'm sure you can, but what's in it for you? Don't expect me to believe you're doing this out of the kindness of your heart."

Roll diplomacy

There's a moment of silence around Abel at her challenge, but after a few moments one of the pirates starts a sea chanty. It's got a solid beat, and soon the half-elf's feet are flying, her fancy footwork met with cheers by those not singing along.

Feel free to describe how she dances


Female Half-Elf Swashbuckler (Picaroon) 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +1 Ref +7 Will +1; +2 vs. enchantments | Init +8 | Perception +3

Umm... I'm actually not all that familiar with the type of dancing that she's probably doing, so I'm not sure how to go about that... but I imagine it being something like the way Vella dances...


Male Grippli Hunter 2 | HP 19/19 4 NL | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | Fort +5 Ref +5 Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +8

G'*larik made sure no officers were in hearing before responding.

"Group stronger than alone. Want to be ready when trouble comes. Ship's officers seem more concerned with bullying than training crew. Be good to know other riggers know what they are doing, ship won't sink in next storm. *roak* Always storm brewing. Whether weather or people, best be ready."

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 17


Male Shapeshifting Griffon Technomancer 20

@Abel That's fine, I was just wondering if you had something in particular in mind. What is Abel doing after her great success?

Conchobar nods slowly. "Well, I suppose that's all true. Certainly I could use a bit of help now and again. I'll see you in the morning, then?"


Female Half-Elf Swashbuckler (Picaroon) 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +1 Ref +7 Will +1; +2 vs. enchantments | Init +8 | Perception +3

She probably has a few drinks with them before going to bed.

Posted from Posted from my Moto Z Play


Male Shapeshifting Griffon Technomancer 20

All right. Do either of you attempt any middle-of-the-night activities, or do you sleep through until morning?


Male Grippli Hunter 2 | HP 19/19 4 NL | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | Fort +5 Ref +5 Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +8

*roak* "Sounds fine."

G'*larik won't try anything at night yet. He wants a better feel for how tight the security is first.


Female Half-Elf Swashbuckler (Picaroon) 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +1 Ref +7 Will +1; +2 vs. enchantments | Init +8 | Perception +3

Probably not.

Posted from my Moto Z Play


Male Shapeshifting Griffon Technomancer 20

After drinking your rum and chatting for a bit longer, you head back down to the hold with the rest of the crew and find hammocks that haven't been claimed to sleep in. The quartermaster, a half-orc woman, hands each of you a key and points out a couple of small footlockers.

"These're yours," she says, then goes off to bed herself.

The next day starts all too soon with Master Scourge shouting from the top of the stairs, "Quit layin' about and get t' work, swabs!" he accents this with a crack of his whip.


Male Grippli Hunter 2 | HP 19/19 4 NL | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | Fort +5 Ref +5 Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +8

G'*larik was fortunately no stranger to early rising; the jungle was often unforgiving of those who slept too long. Still, they could be a bit less abrasive about the morning wake-up call.

"Yes, going. Yarr." *roooaak*

He did keep an eye out for Conchobar as he headed out, though.


Female Half-Elf Swashbuckler (Picaroon) 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +1 Ref +7 Will +1; +2 vs. enchantments | Init +8 | Perception +3

Abel dropped from her hammock and stretched briefly, before heading to the kitchen, shaking the sleep from her eyes.

Posted from my Moto Z Play


Male Shapeshifting Griffon Technomancer 20

Thanks to being new to the crew, G'*larik, Abel, Sandara, and Taiquin had gotten hammocks in the back of the hold, far from the stairs. As they approached the stairs up to the deck, they noted a few other crew members were hanging about instead of heading up... ones that had been staying close to Master Scourge the last night. As the four near the stairs and all other crew members are up, these men close ranks around the stairs, blocking your way.

"What're you in such a hurry for?" One of them sneers. "Too busy for a little chat before goin' up?"

"You're gettin' upity for new swabs," another says. "It's time to learn you your place."

There are six of them.


Female Half-Elf Swashbuckler (Picaroon) 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +1 Ref +7 Will +1; +2 vs. enchantments | Init +8 | Perception +3

Is it time for a fight already? I'm not sure how to respond to this.

Posted from my Moto Z Play


Male Shapeshifting Griffon Technomancer 20

That is up to you. You could certainly try to fight them, though remember that killing a crew member is a punishable offense (none of them have weapons out). Or you could try to bluff your way through, intimidate them, talk them down... it's up to you.


Male Grippli Hunter 2 | HP 19/19 4 NL | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | Fort +5 Ref +5 Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +8

G'*larik looked at the crew of thugs with mild confusion.

*froak* "Already been shown place. Hammock back there..." He pointed back at his hammock. "And work place in rigging of ship, where going now." *reep* "Place in pecking order on ship also fairly clear."

G'*larik also took a moment to size these sailors up, trying to judge how great of a threat they were, and observing the layout of the surrounding area.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

What are the walls like? How wide is the passage? How high is the ceiling?


Female Half-Elf Swashbuckler (Picaroon) 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +1 Ref +7 Will +1; +2 vs. enchantments | Init +8 | Perception +3

"If your intent is to raise yourselves by stepping on others, I don't think you'll have much luck with us."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Sorry it took me so long to reply. I had a lot of trouble thinking of what to say.
Posted from my Moto Z Play


Male Shapeshifting Griffon Technomancer 20

No problem, we're not in a hurry.

A couple of the thugs look a bit cowed by Abel's words, but their leader scowls at G'*larik.

"You've got an awful smart mouth, frog," he shouts. "How's it going to feel after I put my fist in it?"

Roll initiative


Female Half-Elf Swashbuckler (Picaroon) 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +1 Ref +7 Will +1; +2 vs. enchantments | Init +8 | Perception +3

Oh, dear.

Initiative: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


Male Grippli Hunter 2 | HP 19/19 4 NL | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | Fort +5 Ref +5 Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +8

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Could you please answer G'*larik's OOC question from last post? It could help with battle planning.


Male Shapeshifting Griffon Technomancer 20

Check your e-mail

Sandara Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Taiquin Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Pirate thugs Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Well, all of you go before the pirates, so go ahead and post your first-round actions.


Male Grippli Hunter 2 | HP 19/19 4 NL | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | Fort +5 Ref +5 Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +8

[b]*Roak* "Depends. Still think fight is stupid, but have no intention of losing."

With froglike agility, G'*larik hops over to the wall, climbs five feet up to gain the advantage of altitude, then scurries over to where he can reach one of the thugs. Silently invoking the power of beasts, he lashes out with an unskilled but surprisingly strong fist.

Climbs wall to gain height advantage. Activate animal focus (bull) for +2 STR. I should probably add a tracker for that on my status bar...

Unarmed strike: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 1 = 9
Nonlethal damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Bleh. Not very great rolls.


Female Half-Elf Swashbuckler (Picaroon) 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +1 Ref +7 Will +1; +2 vs. enchantments | Init +8 | Perception +3

I'm not entirely sure what to do. Abel might just ready in Action. How do you do an unarmed strike?

Posted from my Moto Z Play

51 to 100 of 106 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Skull and Croak: A Skull & Shackles Game All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.