Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Skallywags and Picaroons: A Skull & Shackles Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master PirateDevon


401 to 450 of 1,616 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Male Human (Chelaxian) Fighter (Brawler) 3

This might not end well... an' tha bruises this'll leave 'll be tha worst'a my problems if that lug manages ta knock some sense into... Wha's this? Am I noticin' this right? Leanin' ta tha right, favorin' that side alt'gether, not followin' me with his left... He's blind in 'is left eye!

Bart sees the massive overhand slam coming and waits until just the right moment to dodge.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
WHOO! Bart's a nimble son of a %!&*#.


Again Owlbear clasps his hands seeks to hammer Bart but years in these sorts have fights has given Bart good instincts about getting beat about. The brawler easily steps to Owlbear's blind side and is rewarded with all too familiar sensation of wooshing air as the hammer blow misses its mark. Bart sees an opening to make his next attack. Just remember to keep rolling your Acro/Bluff at the end of your action


Male Human (Chelaxian) Fighter (Brawler) 3

"Haha!" Bart nimbly steps to the side and rewards the bigger man with an elbow to the gut for his efforts.

Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Damage: 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 nonlethal.

Seriously enjoying the whooshing sound of air being forcefully evacuated from the Owlbear's lungs at the force of the blow, Bart throws himself into a low roll to avoid the imminent follow-up sideswipe.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12


True to expectations, Owlbear goes for the sideswipe and misses easily as Bart rolls to the side. Owlbear is starting to look winded and certainly seems frustrated. A sudden noise, the sound of wood clattering on wood, break through the excited yells. Owlbear dimly notes a club at his feet and looks about. Scourge can be seen (and heard) yelling at the oaf to pick up the weapon, though the large man seems reluctant.

A few shocked faces look at Plugg who offers no comment but does shift his hand to the resting grip of his cat o nine tails. A threat more to those who would interfere than to Scourge. The crowd erupts in more furious yells and betting as most of the crew seem to see this as sport. Quinn, Rosie, Grok and Kroop especially seem none too happy about this turn of events but stand fast nonetheless.

Dodging still applies, so keep up your rolls


Male Human (Chelaxian) Fighter (Brawler) 3

"Now it's a real fight, eh," Bart says eying the makeshift club his opponent now sports. Bart rushes forward, taking advantage of Owlbear's momentary confusion over what to do with the weapon, bats it aside with his left and comes in close for an uppercut.

Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Damage: 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Bart takes a brief moment to enjoy the bone-on-bone sound of teeth breaking before he scooches to Owlbear's left to avoid the sure-to-be-coming overhand smash with the club.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

"Tsk, tsk. Watch with tha big attacks, there, Pal. Yer tellin' me all yer moves 'fer ya even make 'em. Bart chides.


Male Vanara Druid (Storm) 1 HP 10 / 10; AC 16/13/13; F+4/R+3/W+6; Init +9; Per +9

Ajani watches the fight calmly from the edge of the ring, choosing not to take part in the gambling or raucous behavior of those around him. He watches and waits in silence, leaning slightly on his shortspear. His expression is one of passive indifference...or reserved confidence; he either doesn't care for the outcome of the fight or he assumes that Bart will be victorious.


Owlbear swings with the club but his literal blindspot has left the mountain of a man with little recourse but to swing wide and wild and again Bart is left untouched. One or two more solid hits and looks like Owlbear might go down.

Sense Motive 15 (Anyone can roll this):
Owlbear is not only tired and frustrated but actually scared. It is obvious that if he is made to fight for sport he is usually an easy victor or punished for his failure. That Bart is so fast and powerful obviously is affecting the child/animal like intellect of this person.


Female (posing as male) Human Swashbuckler Rogue 2 (favoured class)/Urban Ranger 2

Mel frowns as Plugg takes a hand in what had till now been a fair fight

Sense Motive 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

However she notices a subtle shift in Owlbears stance and a look in his eye that stays her hand even as it reaches for the concealed knives at her neck


Male Human (Chelaxian) Fighter (Brawler) 3

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 4

Bart notes the wide-eyed look that has impressed itself onto the Owlbear's face. He's seen it many times before and knows well what it means. Wide eye... manic grimace... red in tha face... DUCK!.. too much blood ta tha... DUCK!.. head... He's finished. Bart bobs and weaves forward, feints to the left (he'll 'spect tha attack ta come from 'is blind spot this time) before slipping back around to slam another uppercut into the same spot as his last blow.

Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Critical Confirmation: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Critical Damage: 2d3 + 4 ⇒ (1, 1) + 4 = 6
/facepalm... what a time for snake-eyes.

Barts feels the blow strike home and feels for the poor sot as he hears a barely-audible tearing noise that he recognizes as Owlbear's now jagged teeth forcefully clamping down on his tongue. But not sorry enough to stand there like a fool and take the swift jab from his opponent's club. Bart rolls backwards.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Bart's roll flows smooth as water and he comes right back up on his feet mere inches away from the blow that would've caved in his skull. He feels the displaced air from the swipe.


Male Human (Qadira) Sorcerer 3 (Seaborn Bloodline)

Not to be telling you your business there Bart, but unless I'm very mistaken you should have added your Strength Modifier to that critical hit twice. It should be 10 damage, not 6.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Fighter (Brawler) 3

You are correct, sir. I occasionally find that in all the years I've been playing D&D, there are still things that I've been doing wrong. So, yes, Dread Captain, 10 damage.


Male Vanara Druid (Storm) 1 HP 10 / 10; AC 16/13/13; F+4/R+3/W+6; Init +9; Per +9

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Woo!

Ajani quirks an eyebrow upward at the reactions of the larger Owlbear, finding his demeanor immensely curious. Still, one lucky blow or unlucky dodge on the part of his pugilist companion could see this going very differently.

So Ajani waited, his breathing controlled, concealing his anxiety at the situation. He knew that the Nord had been trying to court the favor of the Owlbear of late...he only hoped that, as much as pain as it was causing him in the here and now, he would someday understand that it was ultimately for his benefit.


Owlbear goes down with a thud after the forceful upper cut smashes into the tall man's jaw. The yelling and screaming suddenly ends as the stunned crew sees a relatively uninjured Bart and an unconscious Owlbear laid out on the deck. Blood pools out of Owlbear's mouth.

There is a flurry of new yelling as pirates collide together to collect winnings and fight over the outcome and Quinn rushes forward to check Bart and Owlbear. Seeing Bart is fine shape the woman kneels and looks over Owlbear, A broken tooth and unconscious but alive. If I didn't know any better I would have said he was hit with a mace, not a fist. Quinn's slight smirk turns to a frown as Plugg strides the deck towards Bart.

There is a hush over the crowd as the mate closes the gap standing before Bart. A punctuated yell emerges from the side as a red faced Scourge manages to finally break through the throng of money trading and yelling pirates assembled on deck.

Plugg looks over Bart (and up being a head shorter than the well proportioned Chelaxian) and his hand seems to flex on the handle of the cat while a subtle flush creeps into his cheeks. So...bested the Owlbear...

From the foredeck comes the sound of a booming voice. Mate Plugg? The Captain looks down on the raucous proceeding and the sudden tense moment. Plugg looks over his shoulder ever so slightly and back at Bart, Just congratulating our man "Bart". Plugg produces a pouch that jingles heavily and drops it at Bart's feet and turns to walk away.

Scourge blusters a moment but Plugg snaps his fingers and the bosun grumbles to himself and walks to the far side of the ship with his retinue in tow, off to nurse their losses with another serving or two of rum.

Most of the remaining crew member keep their distance but Cog approaches Bart with a grin on his face and a gleam in his eye, GREAT fighting! Cog does a set of mock blows imitating Bart's powerful start to the match and then puts a hand on BArt's shoulder, Any man that can punch like that deserves a proper prize! Cog leans in conspiratorially, I have a small cask of Chelaxian Fiend Spirits, good vintage, stowed in my chest. We should get a proper drink and you can tell me where you learned that WICKED uppercut! Obviously already fairly drunk Cog laughs and urges Bart to follow him.


Male Human (Ulfen) Ranger (Freebooter) 3

Fjori moves towards the unconscious Owlbear, shaking his head. He speak to Quinn, "So now they find their new Owlbear! What a waste." He helps her with the beaten man, carefully carrying him away from the rest of the crew.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Fighter (Brawler) 3

Bart nods at the crew as they all come to congratulate him, not showing them much interest (with the exception of Cog who's offer greatly intrigues the big man). He spies Fjori helping out his opponent and when the general hubub has died down, moves to follow them.

Bart waits until Quinn and the Ulfen have taken their leave of Owlbear before entering his "chambers". It is dark when he enters, but shafts of moonlight illuminate the wounded man. Bart moves forward cautiously, not wanting to spook the man he just pummeled. When he gets close enough and he's sure Owlbear won't attack him, he stops. He looks over the pitiful thing for a moment before doing something rather unexpected. He grins. "Good fight, my friend. We'll have to do it again some time." He profers his hand.


Female (posing as male) Human Swashbuckler Rogue 2 (favoured class)/Urban Ranger 2

Mel shrugs as she watches the unconcious Owlbear carted unceremoniously away then heads for her hammock and the hopes that she will feel better in the morning.


M Gnome Conjurer

Quillin turns uncomfortably in his hammock as the grog makes his head spin. Smudge squawks loudly eliciting a moan from the hungover gnome.


TWO WEEKS LATER

Time has passed, and quickly on the Wormwood. In the wake of Bart's triumph over Owlbear a schism, forming since the newcomers came on board, develops into an obvious rift.

The time has been marked by a rising tension as alliances of a sort are made in the corners, below the decks and over the cups of the rum ration each night. For good or for ill the six bedraggled strangers "recruited" vrom the Formidably Maid are viewed as group unto themselves and their influence grows as the sun rises and sets.

This is not to say the last two weeks have not been without their challenges. Kroops unceasing drunkenness has waylaid some of Quillin's best plans. A raucous exercise of "boarding party" saw the group tested and trained by the Gunner's Mate, Riaris Krine. A storm cast the Wormwood adrift a day or so while mending was to be done. And more than one fight has broken out amongst the newcomers and those who would ally themselves with Scourge and mate Plugg. Regardless the group has whethered the time well enough and an energy crackles in that air; Wormwood has found prey, a ship that looks ripe for the taking...

I'll have bridge posts for each person and the updated matrix in the AM my wife and son aren't feeling well. Sorry for the delay.


Female (posing as male) Human Swashbuckler Rogue 2 (favoured class)/Urban Ranger 2

Mel was sick as a dog for a further three days but eventually managed to throw off the disease with Sondara Quinns help and returned to light duties for a week before she was declared fit enough to resume her normal duties..She made the most off the opportunities afforded her to turn around the attitusdes of some of the more anti-Plugg elements off the crew knowing that it would serve to deepen the rift that already existed.

Thankfully the others were able to cover for her until she was fully recovered although the storm and the boarding practice were hard on her.

She takes her comfort in being regarded as a friend by a good proportion of the ships crew knowing that she has people to watch her back makes all the difference.

At some point during those 11 days of recovery she will have informed Sondara of her true sex..I doubt she could fool a competent healer for long anyway.

Fully recovered she feels healthier than she ever has before and her skills seem to have sharpened..she awaits the action against this newly sighted ship with anticipation ensuring that she puts a good edge on her blade before the action starts


Gonna slight change up my plan here but it should work all the same...

Between the six of you serious inroads were made to garner the friendship of all those who considered themselves opposed to Plugg as well as most of those who considered themselves neutral in the matter like Jack Scrimshaw and Tilly Brackett. Slippery Syl remains on bad terms with the group after an altercation with Bart. Despite serious misgivings with many in the group even Shortstone warms to Mel and then establishes better relations with the group.

Ajani and Quillin do manage to occasionally make conversation with Caulky Taroon and she seems friendly but it is hard to gauge her mind on the newcomers. Mel, left with few option to woo to her side, notices by chance that the ever scowling Maheem seem enraptures with Hassan's constant singing about the ship. A few conversations later the Rahadoumi seems to have warmed to the young man but Mel is unsure of where his loyalties lie as he still spends most of his time with the like of Narwahl Tate and Fipps Chumlett.

Bart is placed in the box a day after the storm for shattering Slippery Syl's jaw, most in response to her attempt to knife him in the back. Many on board are certain that Scourge hid Syl's knife when he came upon the scene to punish Bart unduly. But other than a parched throat the Chelaxian weathers the time fine.

Fjori and Owlbear are placed in perpetual duty in the bilges but the Nord is able to spend much of the time working with Owlbear to speak and in general communicate more effectively. As suspected Owlbear is lacking in a certain level of intellect but mostly suffers from lack of education. After a couple of weeks Owlbear occasionally offers a monosyllabic phrase or even a sophisticated pantomime.

A day before the sighting of the ship Fjori and Owlbear are jumped in the bilges by Goris Felk and Porge Garpa. In the chaos, and despite best attempts, Porge is killed in the scuffle for a knife. Under interrogation neither Owlbear nor Fjori can offer a clear recollection of who might have struck the killing blow and despite the assertion that the men were attacked, both are chained to the deck to await keelhauling but are spared when the ship is sighted off deck.

Since everyone is needed for the assault Fjori and Owlbear are released and are mustered with the rest of the group before Riaris Krine who offers the following instructions,

Allright you lot. You proved yourself well enough in the boarding action so here is what your group will do when we come aside. The ship’s wheel is on the aft deck, just below the sterncastle. You’re going to grapple over, kill the guards on the sterncastle, take the wheel, and guard the ship’s boats. Kill anyone who tries to get away on one of the boats. Don’t move from the wheel until the fighting’s done, or you’ll have to answer to me.

Ajani, you did best on the grapple and board so you are in command. Keep those brutes in line. Oh yeah, as we get close, it’s going to get foggy. Just stick to what I told you to do.

The ships offer paltry ranged attacks and will be side by side in a matter of minutes. There i just enough time to run to the stores or armory and grab a piece of gear or take some other action before you have to take you places for the boarding...


Female (posing as male) Human Swashbuckler Rogue 2 (favoured class)/Urban Ranger 2

Mel seems fired up and enthusiastic about the prospect of the boarding action. check her traits for the reason

As the ships approach each other she takes aim at the opposing helmsman with her Light Crossbow

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 Damage 1d8 ⇒ 6


Male Human (Qadira) Sorcerer 3 (Seaborn Bloodline)

Hassan stands by the on the main deck, checking over his gear while they wait for the ships to close. He taps the hilt of each of the five daggers tucked into his sash, and tugs on the short length of rope he has tied to his spear, to make sure it's firm. Seeing that it is, he slings it over his head and across his chest.

"Good men today will go to sleep in the halls of Gozrah's palace beneath the waves. Let us pray to the gods that we are not among them."


M Gnome Conjurer

As the ships draw near, Quillin straps a scrap of leather to his arm and is warded by magical force. He finds a safe perch with Smudge where he can stay out of harms way, but still sling a grease spell of acid orb at the poor fools on the other ship.

cast mage armor and find a yard arm or something not too high up. like 10' or so.


Female (posing as male) Human Swashbuckler Rogue 2 (favoured class)/Urban Ranger 2

10' up you'd need to be in the ratlines I reckon..the lowest Yard would be 20-25' above deck level.

Mell grins at Hassan.."Ah don't worry..this is what being a pirate is all about..the thrill, the risk"


Male Human (Qadira) Sorcerer 3 (Seaborn Bloodline)

"If we are speaking of the risk a blade in the belly, this humble pirate would rather play that game with a beautiful maiden in my bed. That is the thrill I like. If we live to see shore again, young master, we shall go together to the house of a thousand sighs and you can see for yourself." Hassan laughs loudly, and winks at Mel.


Male Vanara Druid (Storm) 1 HP 10 / 10; AC 16/13/13; F+4/R+3/W+6; Init +9; Per +9

Ajani rushes quickly belowdecks, retrieving a simple wooden club in lieu of the spear he had been carrying; one of the new spells he'd prepared for the day would only work on such a weapon. Today he had opted to show up in full armor, finding the heaviness of it slowing his climbing a little an acceptable trade-off for the extra protection it would offer during the boarding action.

He wasn't sure how he felt about being appointed leader of their band by Riaris. While he appreciated having the woman in his corner, he certainly did not care much for her crass language. Rosie Cusswell looked practically like a saint beside her! Even so, he supposed it only made sense, as successful as he'd been in the boarding practice from the several days prior, but still. Being a leader? It wasn't something he'd ever really considered for himself, though he was sure his parents would be proud (sort of) if they knew it.

When he rejoined his companions, he had a battle plan ready to discuss, the product of much thought when he found out he'd be leading them, and he gathered the group together before beginning. "I suppose first I should say that I hope me being appointed a leader does not affect our relationship in the slightest. I have never, and will never, consider myself superior to the rest of you. We are a team, and that is all.

Now to battle plans. Our first priority should be to neutralize as many of the crew as possible without hindering ourselves. To that end, I propose Quillin open the assault with a Grease spell that will give us more time to deal with the sailors on the higher deck. Once we have grappled over onto the sterncastle and dispatched of the guards there, the spell can be dismissed, giving us access to the ship's wheel. Dispatching the remaining guards after wee killed those above the aft deck should be a much simpler task.

With regard to stopping any of our enemies from escaping...Fjori, I would like for you to move as quickly as you can to the ship's boats and use your axe to knock a hole in the bottom of each of them. Don't destroy the boat mind you, but put a big enough hole in them that any fleeing sailors will be given pause about the seaworthiness of the vessel. We can always repair them after the battle is ended. Either I, Hassan, or Quillin should accompany Fjori to be certain any group trying to rush him has less chance of succeeding. Once that is finished, rejoin the others at the ship's wheel.

"I expect we will encounter the most resistance at the wheel. Bart, we will all be relying on your skill in pugilism during this assault. Mel, pick your targets carefully. You are much more effective in combat when your foe is distracted by an ally, yes? If we happen to be fighting near the rail, the most effective strategy would be to simply push them over it into the water and let the sea do with them as it will. Otherwise, we should stay together as much as possible. Watch each other's backs.

His plan spoken, he draws in a deep breath. Thoughts?


Male Human (Qadira) Sorcerer 3 (Seaborn Bloodline)

"It would be my honor to assist noble Fjori in disabling the boats."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Entangle require existing plant life to work?


Male Vanara Druid (Storm) 1 HP 10 / 10; AC 16/13/13; F+4/R+3/W+6; Init +9; Per +9

Bah...you're right Hassan. My mistake. That being the case, I'll edit the post to reflect a different strategy.


Male Human (Ulfen) Ranger (Freebooter) 3

Fjori smiles at their 'new' commander and says, "No worry Ajani, sir!! I will hole the yawl and defend the area to the best of my ability. And your help, poet, would be much appriciated!"


Male Human (Chelaxian) Fighter (Brawler) 3

Bart glances at their simian leader, who while infinitely less attractive than Krine, he somehow felt more comfortable taking direction from. He offers no acknowledgement that he either heard or understood the orders, merely standing with his arms cross his chest waiting for the ship to draw near enough.


M Gnome Conjurer

"Clever monkey, " Quillin grins. "That sounds like a good plan to me as long as Smudge and I are out of harm's way."


Female (posing as male) Human Swashbuckler Rogue 2 (favoured class)/Urban Ranger 2

Mel blushes scarlet at Hassans suggestion and mutters something no-one can quite make out.

Ajani's plan merely brings a nod.."Aye I'm good if I 'ave a distraction..but I 'ave me own ways off doing that if no-one else is around..I think me and Bart will make a good enough team at the wheel you lot just keep the swabs from getting to the Quarter Deck"

Mel makes full use of feint..after all what's the point off having Bluff +8 if you don't use it.

Qadira

Male Human Desk Monkey 2/ Logistics Guru 3/ Over-educated 2/Gamer 6

Allright so I have MEl firing a shot off in Round 0 as the boats sidle up together, anyone else have a ranged weapon or attack to use before I start the board on round 1?


Male Human (Qadira) Sorcerer 3 (Seaborn Bloodline)

All good here Cap'n, waiting with grapnel in hand.


Male Human (Ulfen) Ranger (Freebooter) 3

Fjori will throw a grapnel hook at the ship, then jump over to take control of the ship's boat.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Fighter (Brawler) 3

Bart will follow Fjori's example.


Male Vanara Druid (Storm) 1 HP 10 / 10; AC 16/13/13; F+4/R+3/W+6; Init +9; Per +9

None for me, Cap'n, so I'm going to go ahead and post throwing the grapnel over. If it's alright, I'm going to assume that the edges of the ships are 40 feet away, as in the boarding practice, which means a -6 to the ranged attack roll to hit the opposing ship. If it's any more than that, please apply it as necessary.

Ajani waits patiently, standing very close to the edge of the ship, his simian feet gripping the wood tensely. All the sound seemed to suddenly die down, and though he was sure there was shouting and much moving about, all he heard was the motion of the water against the ships, the creaking of wood.

He began to slowly spin the grappling hook in his grip, remembering the weight of it from the boarding training a number of days prior. Just like a heavy sling... he told himself. As the distance between the two ships lessened, he spun the rope in his grip faster and more energetically, until finally the ships had closed to a distance near enough he was confident he could make the throw.Then, at the highest point of its forward momentum, he released the grapnel, sending the hook arcing through the air in the direction of the other ship.

As soon as the tool was out of his reach, he took a stance that would give him a good spring forward, knowing he needed to cross to the other side as quickly as he could.

Ranged Grapple: 1d20 + 3 - 6 ⇒ (16) + 3 - 6 = 13
Woohoo! Good roll!


M Gnome Conjurer

Quillin keeps his grease in reserve for the most strategic casting, but coughs up a couple good bits of phlegm for an acid dart. Smudge cackles nearby, "Hit 'em in the eye! Hit 'em in the eye!"


Male Human (Qadira) Sorcerer 3 (Seaborn Bloodline)

I guess I'll also throw down my first round grappling hook check.

Ranged => 1d20 + 2 - 6 ⇒ (14) + 2 - 6 = 10


Male Human (Ulfen) Ranger (Freebooter) 3

Throwing Grapnel as well

Ranged: 1d20 + 3 - 6 ⇒ (17) + 3 - 6 = 14


Male Human (Chelaxian) Fighter (Brawler) 3

Bart will throw his along with the others.

Grapnel: 1d20 + 1 - 6 ⇒ (4) + 1 - 6 = -1

Aaaaaand apparently hit myself in the face with it.


Female (posing as male) Human Swashbuckler Rogue 2 (favoured class)/Urban Ranger 2

Mel glances sideways at Bart as she reloads... "You know you are supposed to hold onto the rope and throw the hook not the other way around?..don't you?"

Qadira

Male Human Desk Monkey 2/ Logistics Guru 3/ Over-educated 2/Gamer 6

Those who throw grapnels make climb checks to cross Ill get the map and first round up soon. Quillin will get a good aims grease in round zero do I will get that solved too. Should have it up tomorrow.


Female (posing as male) Human Swashbuckler Rogue 2 (favoured class)/Urban Ranger 2

Round 1 actions

Acrobatics1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Not bothering with a rope Mel leaps across the gap before it closes her hand snagging one of the opposing ships ratlines and her sword flashing out to strike a defender

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 Damage1d8 ⇒ 7

Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Male Human (Ulfen) Ranger (Freebooter) 3

Fjori's grapnel finds a solid purchase and he quickly makes his way over to the enemy ship.

Climb: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Male Human (Qadira) Sorcerer 3 (Seaborn Bloodline)

Climb => 1d20 ⇒ 14

Hassan seems almost surprised as he deftly hooks his grapnel on the enemy ship and climbs across the narrow gap with something approaching ease.


Male Vanara Druid (Storm) 1 HP 10 / 10; AC 16/13/13; F+4/R+3/W+6; Init +9; Per +9

After seeing his grapnel find purchase on the opposite ship, Ajani gives a hoot of victory, quickly climbing over to the opposing ship's sterncastle. He seems to find the way over one of the easiest things in the world, with little regard for the motion of the rope as both ships sway in the waves.
Take 10 on the climb check, which will give me a total of 10 + 9 = 19.
That will get him 20 feet across the rope. I'll take 10 as many times as it takes to get across. Also, if you don't mind, Cap'n Devon, I'm going to go ahead and roll a reflex save in case Ajani gets something thrown at him on the way over.

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


Sorry for the delay I have had to forgo my old mapmaking to a faster (but hopefully coherent) type.

As the ships move together a thick fog rolls over the ships. The sounds of yelling and random missile fire punctuate the confusion. Seeing an opportunity Mel lets off a bolt as the mist rolls in and sees a pirate drop to the deck. (the X on the map.) Quillin too sees opportunity and lets loose his grease spell and as the fog closes he is rewarded with the screams and thuds of various pirates falling off their feet. Those marked with little p's are prone

Hassan and Fjori sink grapnels in the fog and cross easily to the mid deck, clamoring over one of the longboats and coming to the base of the stairs that lead up to the wheel. For the record the wheel is squares f4/f5 just north of Mel, I just realized I didn't note the position. I tried to illustrate the tiered decks and the stairs that lead up to each level, hopefully it is clear.

Bart scrabbles after his hook as it drops off the side of the ship. He retrieves the grapnel in time to find the boats side by side, the longboat providing an easy bridge in the next few seconds if he wanted to get aboard.

Mel leaps the gap in the fog trusting her legs and her sense of distance and is well rewarded to find herself standing in front of a shocked pirate officer. Mel stabs him in the belly with her blade but this man seems to be of heartier stock than her last target and so they begin to cross swords.

Ajani crosses easily and finds himself amidst prone pirates, easily understood as the Vanara steps to the deck and feels the thick grease beneath his feet. Unlike the pirates however, the simian druid is easily able to keep his feet and determine his next move.

The pirates are in chaos. Those on the top deck struggle to move while Mel's compliment of threats fail to make any headway on harming her or anyone else.

Round 2:

Ajani
Mel
Quillin
Fjori
Hassan
Bart
Pirates

Ajani is up.


Male Vanara Druid (Storm) 1 HP 10 / 10; AC 16/13/13; F+4/R+3/W+6; Init +9; Per +9

Ajani, sensing an opportunity to get his spell off before the other pirates are able to recover from the grease that tripped them up, dons his shield and club once more before casting Shillelagh on his cudgel, the weapon momentarily glowing with conferred power, hoping to use the newly-enhanced weapon to strike the pirate in front of him while he is distracted trying to maintain his footing in the puddle of grease.


M Gnome Conjurer

Round 2
Cackling with glee as a couple of the lubbers across the way go down, Quillin spits into his hand for a little 'Chelish' on the throw. The blob of acid flies across the distance to land sizzling on another pirate (G5).

ranged 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
acid damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

401 to 450 of 1,616 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dread Captain Devon's Perilous Pirate Adventure (AKA Skull & Shackles) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.