Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Skallywags and Picaroons: A Skull & Shackles Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master PirateDevon


351 to 400 of 1,616 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Male Vanara Druid (Aquatic) 2 HP 19 / 21; AC 17/12/15; F+3/R+4/W+7; Init +3; Per +8

Ajani first returns to his living area of the ship, leaving his armor behind. While the protection it offers cannot be understated, he has also realized over the last few days just how much the hide slowed him down while he wore it, especially when climbing. He resolves that, until he can find something better, he will save the armor and shield for situations where it is needed, praying that circumstances will give him opportunity to done it.

Returning to the deck, he joins his companions, sitting with them to enjoy the evening meal, for once deciding he would try the grog, as normally averse to drink as he is.

Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Whew...
Effects: Charisma +1d4 ⇒ 3, Fatigue 1d8 ⇒ 5 hours, Con damage 1d3 ⇒ 3
And ouch...

The strength of the grog makes the Vanara's eyes water, the burning in his throat nearly causing him to gasp aloud. Never in his life has he tasted such strong drink...and hopefully after this day, he never will again. Still, he manages to stomach the rest of it, as painful as it proves to be for him.

He listens to Fjori's thanks, smiling ruefully in reply. "I fear I did very little to contribute to the fight earlier...I hope that I shall prove a more worthwhile ally in the future. My command of the natural world will grow stronger with time, and I hope, my usefulness to the rest of you."

When their conversation is finished, he goes closer to Hassan, listening as he sings and (maybe) Rosie plays her instrument. He looks to one side, happening to see one of the deck swabs next to him, enjoying her drink as she takes in the entertainment. Tilly, was it? Yes, Tilly. He takes another sip of his grog, wiping the tears from his eyes. "By sea and sky, it is beyond me how drink of this strength can be gotten accustomed to. I have never known a more potent brew...and it as yet hasn't gotten any easier to stomach. Tell me, do you think the burning ever lessens?" he asks, looking over to the tall human.


Female (posing as male) Human Swashbuckler Rogue 2 (favoured class)/Urban Ranger 2

Mel gathers a group around her and entertains them with a fanciful tale involving a Merman and a female paladin of Iomedae.The lad seems to take some delight in mocking the strictness of the religion

Perform Orate1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

She spends part off her time working on improving her relationship with Rosie the Halfling asking her to provide some appropriate music at times.

Diplomacy as influence1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13..see I can throw low


M Gnome Conjurer

After spiriting his ration away with an 'Azlanti Toast', Quillin turns his talents to other mischief. None too happy with the icy reception from the uppity gnome rigger, he takesthe opportunity to plant a shadowy rat tail on Conchobar every time he turns around and jokes with Jack Scrimsaw about those big rats from the hold now making themselves overly comfortable on deck.

influence jack 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 + 2 = 20


Aw man apost got eaten...grr will update later


M Gnome Conjurer

I hate that. I recommend writing in Word and then copy and pasting it over. Saves alot of frustration.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Fighter (Brawler) 3

When meal times comes around, Bart wastes no time going below for his ration. He sits down with his meal and drink with what would seem to be his new accomplices. He doesn't interject anything of note into the conversation unless asked. The effect of the silent brute sitting there eating and drinking, all the while listening in to everything you say is slightly unnerving.

Fortitude: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Effects: CHA Bonus: 1d4 ⇒ 2; Fatigue: 1d8 ⇒ 4; CON Penalty: 1d3 ⇒ 2

For the record, Dread Captain, Bart will be going to bed early for his night-time action, but only after having his meal with his new friends first.

Qadira

Male Human Desk Monkey 2/ Logistics Guru 3/ Over-educated 2/Gamer 6

Plan to push to morning with my next update, need to do the matrix and figure out which of you might be infected with filth fever -->insert wicked GM smile here<--- Should have that up a little later on this afternoon.


The matrix should be updated, review it for me and let me know in OOC if something looks amiss.

GM Screen:

1d3 ⇒ 31d3 ⇒ 1

Fjori finds only coy smiles and an otherwise occupied Quinn the rest of his night while the other take to rest or find mixed success in the ever complicated task of ship politiking. Only Quillin finds true success with young Scrimshaw Jack but no one loses ground in the evening.

The following morning as the muster starts Quinn takes a moment to pull all of you aside and look over the lot of you for signs of illness. No one looks poor save for Mel who seems less certain on her feet and worn to the bone despite sleep. Mel take 3 Dex and 1 Con temp damage. Please roll a Fort save.


Male Vanara Druid (Aquatic) 2 HP 19 / 21; AC 17/12/15; F+3/R+4/W+7; Init +3; Per +8

Cap'n Devon, I didn't make a diplomacy check vs. Tilly. May I make one now?


Female (posing as male) Human Swashbuckler Rogue 2 (favoured class)/Urban Ranger 2

Fort Save1d20 ⇒ 7

Mel really does not look well but does her best to hide it.

Not looking good I could die with enough con damage.. and I get no adds to a Fort save..also I believe I should be on a 5 rating with Rosie unless her cha bonus is something ridiculous..I rolled a 17(needing 15+Cha mod) followed by a 13(perhaps needing 10 plus cha mod) but her attitude doesnt seem to have changed


@Ajani - Oh weird I thought you did...mhmmm go for it.
@Mel - Ah yes I missed the first one which made me think the second one *gulp* failed. I stand corrected Melbot 9000 the "NPC Friend Machine" does not fail ;-) I'll get that and the Tilly roll on an update tomorrow.

Quinn looks over at Mel doubtfully, I have the skills to take off the effects of illness but we must get you well. See if you can't, at the very least, convince Scourge to give you a light duty. You have made friends, we can aide you in your work.


Male Vanara Druid (Aquatic) 2 HP 19 / 21; AC 17/12/15; F+3/R+4/W+7; Init +3; Per +8

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Boom, baby! + 1 from the +3 Cha from the drink, by the way. Also. Cap'n Devon, I think Ajani should be at a 5 with Samms. I've made three different Diplomacy checks with her, the rolls being a 19, 13, and 17, in that order.


Female (posing as male) Human Swashbuckler Rogue 2 (favoured class)/Urban Ranger 2

Mel gives Mistress Quinn a sceptical look and staggers off to find the Bosun.."Master Scourge Sir beggin' yer leave an all but I ain't feeling so good after they rat bites yesserday.Please Sir I ain't fit fer anything other than light duty"

Diplomacy 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Bluff to try and appaer even sicker than I am 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Well looks like that failed


GM Screen:

1d20 ⇒ 1

Shockingly Scourge appraises Mel and looks almost ALMOST sympathetic to the young man. Aye ye look like death''s come to take you to the waves. I got sticthin that needs done on sails. You sit and do that... The man's expression hardens after a moment, and stay AWAY from me with your disease The man waves Mel off to her assignment.

Mel light duty, no check needed. Heal 1 temp AP.

The rest of you are put to work as usual:

Ajani: Rigging Repair: DC 10 Climb checks followed by a DC 10 Profession (sailor) or Dexterity check.

Hassan: Runner: DC 10 Acrobatics check and DC 10 Constitution check.

Fjori: Bilges: DC 12 Strength, DC 10 Con

Bart: Line Work: DC 10 Profession (sailor) or Dexterity check, DC 10 Con check.

Quillin: Bull Session: Kroop wants to drink and talk...and won't take no for an answer! Must drink a rum ration (or try to stealth it) but you get to take 2 actions today rather than 1

Mel: You can take a daytime action as normal, you will need to make a stealth roll to slip away and not be noticed as Scourge is keeping a closer eye on you. (This in addition to stealth rolls required by a given action.)


Male Human (Qadira) Sorcerer 3 (Seaborn Bloodline)

Acrobatics (Default to Dex) => 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Constitution => 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Blessing be unto the gods of light labor, Hassan is glad to once again have the easy task of running back and forth across the ship delivering messages—a task he seems quite adept at. He goes about his business with a whistle on his lips and a spring in his step, mindful to keep the chattering to a minimum—at least with Master Scourge. With the rest of the crew his is glad to share jokes, sing sea shanties, and swap barbs with the cook's mate each time he passes the kitchen.

He focuses particular attention on Giffer Tibbs, the gnome swabbie, doing his best to flatter her and draw her into conversation when there is a lax moment.

Daily Action: Influence.
Bluff => 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


Female (posing as male) Human Swashbuckler Rogue 2 (favoured class)/Urban Ranger 2

Mel settles herself down in as sheltered a spot as possible and spends the watch stitching whilst bantering with anyone who cares to..during a short break at the water butt she engages the Gnome Conochbar in conversation trying to find some common ground with the irrascible little fop.

Diplomacy as Influence1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 Sorry Devon but looks like Mel really has her Mojo working


Yes yes, Mel destroys all encounters she engages in...apparently she needs an accident or a horribly disfiguring event! Probably will just get all her friends to help her though...*sigh* Stupid players ruining my DM mischief.


Male Vanara Druid (Aquatic) 2 HP 19 / 21; AC 17/12/15; F+3/R+4/W+7; Init +3; Per +8

Ajani rises from his hammock, feeling more-or-less recovered despite the horrid attacks from those awful rats the day before. He reminds himself to go and thank Quinn for her healing magics again, as they certainly were a great aid to his recovery.

He also seems to be none the worse for wear from the grog the night before, a good night's rest leaving him with no sense of a...what was the human term for it...? A hangover?

He takes to the rigging again, being sure to leave his armor off; after wearing it during the fight yesterday he realized just how much it hampered his ability to move, a serious drawback if one is going to be working high in the rigging of a ship. He goes about his work with gusto, finding that he is very much enjoying being high in the ropes, the cool breeze blowing across the ocean helping remove the sting of the sun's heat.

Climb: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Profession (Sailor):1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

His work finished, he first goes back to his hammock to put his armor on, then returns to the tall human he spoke to the previous day, Tilly, to continue trying to befriend her. Like he had done with Samms, he inquires of where she was before she'd been brought aboard the Wormwood and how it was she came to be aboard the pirate vessel.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Hmm. A bit worried about that one.

After his conversation with Tilly, he briefly goes to check on Mel to see how the young human is faring after apparently contracting some sort of sickness from the rats. He frowns at his condition, finding himself suddenly concerned for the young lad, and makes a mental note to go and check with Fishguts to see if the ship's stores may have something to help him fight the illness off.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Fighter (Brawler) 3

Bart rises to what is become his morning custom - Scourge. Grimacing, he makes his way topside. He shrugs un-caringly at his assignment. Bart sets his mind to his task, given up on making any new friends with this crew of ner-do-wells.

Daily Action: Work Diligently

Dexterity: 1d20 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 4 = 13
Constitution: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Fumbling a bit with the line, Bart soon finds that as he puts his mind to it he figures it out.


I know Quillin is out of town and I will bot him. Just waiting on Fjori.


Male Human (Ulfen) Ranger (Freebooter) 3

Sorry folks...

Fjori goes down towards the bottom of the ship, but once near the bilge, he decides to stop by and speak with the Owlbear again. He approched the man, a piece of rat meat held out as an offering. He continues to try and communicate with the fellow, but also lets him know that he is a friend.


GM SCreen:

1d20 ⇒ 4
1d20 ⇒ 2
1d20 ⇒ 14

Hassan and Mel easily take to their tasks offering easy conversation to each of their persons of choice. Hassan finds that Giffer warms quite a bit while Mel breaks the sour exterior of Conchabar and days end finds the young man and gnome trading stories and a joke or two.

Ajani completes his work easily and continues to talk with Tilly and though the woman continues to be friendly, Ajani knows that he still might secure a greater sense of camaraderie from the woman in the future.

Fjori go ahead and give me your job rolls (unless you plan on skipping out entirely) also give me a diplomacy roll for Owlbear.

Under the watchful eyes of Grog and Kroop Quillin cannot escape a dash of the ship rum. Bitter and hard the rum burns the gnome's throat but the ensuing merriment and chaos in the kitchen gives the wizard ample time to slip out of the kitchen and continue his efforts to gain allies and friends amongst the crew.

Further uninhibited by the alcohol Quillin easily find the young Jake Scrimshaw and quickly takes to plying him with diplomacy and humor. At first Quillin is too uneasy on his feet and too raucous to the point that his attempts to joke and talk with the young man seem to cause more trouble than good but as the day wears on the gnome turns the interaction around and by day's end the two are laughing and Quillin is quite sure he has another crew member in his corner if there ever is a time he would need such assurance.

I would say transition to night but Fjori might make something happen everyone might need to address so let's see what happens there before we transition to the evening.


Male Human (Ulfen) Ranger (Freebooter) 3

Sorry everyone..for some reason my system was not updating me when others had posted...

To deal with the owlbear, is it now diplomacy, or may I still use animal empathy??

Fjori finishes his interaction with the Owlbear and carries on with his job in the bilge, hoping there will be a clean wash again once he is done.
Strength Check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15


Male Human (Ulfen) Ranger (Freebooter) 3

Animal Empathy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 or 17 for diplomacy.


Yeah yeah empathy my brain just shorts it to the skill, sorry for the confusion. I had that updating problem for a while too, actually in the JR game if you recall. Its maddening!

As before Owlbear continues to respond with some level of shock but *also* apparent gratitude at the treatment. While the man's speech seems completely lacking he acts at rest and ease in Fjori's presence. In fact, for a time it seems like two friends are just sitting and talking...its just a rather one sided conversation.

Otherwise the work in the bilge is hot but not nearly as burdensome as before. The evening comes quickly.

Everyone can transition to night actions.


M Gnome Conjurer

old demon grog. what's the damage, Cap? I thought I'd already made nice with Scrimshaw. Am i still at 4?

Quillin returns to the party in the galley, but doesn't stay up too late as the recent exertions and effects of the rum have him back to his berth sooner than later.


With the offset rolls I have you at 5 on Scrimshaw now. You took 1d3 ⇒ 3 Con damage from the drink.


Male Vanara Druid (Aquatic) 2 HP 19 / 21; AC 17/12/15; F+3/R+4/W+7; Init +3; Per +8

Ajani goes to take his grog at the beginning of the evening, staring down at the brew before drawing in a slow, deep breath. The mixture had really thrown him for a loop the previous evening, but it did seem to help him in relating to Tilly. Maybe if he partook once more it would have the same effect.

So he first sought out Mel to see how he was feeling, worried after noting the light duty he was given earlier that day and his sickly look after the rat-bites he'd received the previous day. After checking up on him, he went to find Tilly, quickly downing his grog as he went.

Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Charisma Bonus: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Fatigued For: 1d8 ⇒ 5 hours
Constitution Damage:1d3 ⇒ 3

Sheesh...even with the +1 con recovery from the previous day, that's still a total of -5 con...gonna have to lay off the sauce for a few days after this. My word.

Again the grog burns the whole way down his throat and into his belly, leaving him feeling even worse than the previous day...though curiously, just like the day before, he felt his inhibitions lessened and as if he were better able to converse with those around him. He sought out Tilly again, then, hoping to take advantage of the grog for what he hoped would be his last time for a few days...at least until he was recovered from these last two nights of drinking it.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Well let's hope that was enough...

As soon as the evening is concluded, Ajani heads straight to his bunk, hoping to sleep off some of the effects of the rum ration with a good night's rest.


Female (posing as male) Human Swashbuckler Rogue 2 (favoured class)/Urban Ranger 2

Mels' rum ration once again finds a home with the fishes
Stealth 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

She continues to work on Conochbar trying to draw the bard,as she has discovered him to be, into telling some tales.

Diplomacy as influence1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

However as the evening wears on she finds her illness too tiring and goes off to see Mistress Quinn again in the hopes of something to help her fight this off..

next fort save 1d20 ⇒ 12


Male Human (Ulfen) Ranger (Freebooter) 3

Fjori gathers his meal and drink. He moves away from everyone; the smell of the bilge still clings to his body, even after washing. Once again he dumps the grog, and sits staring out over the waves as he slowly eats.

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

When finished he seeks out Quinn and asks her more about Owlbear. He also takes the time to ask a little more about herself, making sure she knows that he is very interested in getting to know her better


Male Human (Qadira) Sorcerer 3 (Seaborn Bloodline)

Hassan takes his queue from watching Quillin the past few nights, and decides to emulate his "vanishing rum" trick.

Bluff => 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

"To the infinite gods of heaven, who watch down upon we mere mortals and laugh!" he says, adding in a long and florid blessing in Kelish to cover up his Prestidigitation.

When the evening meal is done, Hassan does his best to Entertain the crew, despite his mixed efforts in the past.

Perform: Singing => 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


As the evening wears on the lot of you are in transition to and from your evening tasks when you can't help but note that all of you are in the same place when Scourge and a group of the crew that seem more his stripe approach. Hassan's entertaining is interrupted And Quinn stops mid speech as the bosun sways on his feet looking at the group.

Even from paces away the man reeks of drink and sweat. His gold teeth gleam from the lights on deck. Behind him the crew members seem to be clearing the deck but Scourge leers at the lot of you and half shouts his words, You think yer all so great, making friends and killing rats. Hows about you take on a real wager eh? Scourge laughs over his shoulder at the comment and the other crew members match his mirth.

Is' time for the Owlbear to fight. He's ready and I think one o you fancy newcomers should show us how its done! I'll even lay yah some odds. A purse of...25 gold to whoever beats the bear!

The men and women behind Scourge laugh and jeer at the lot of you, looking to egg one of you one to "fight the bear".

From the darkness on deck a clear voice rings out with its ever neutral precision. 100 gold pieces to the winner. Plugg emerges from the shadows his ever bald head and tightly trimmed beard ever in place. The sport interests me. It would be a shame to miss such a spectacle...


Male Vanara Druid (Aquatic) 2 HP 19 / 21; AC 17/12/15; F+3/R+4/W+7; Init +3; Per +8

Ajani looks to the others in the group, with particular focus on Fjori, whispering to the Nord warrior, "Fjori, have you not been spending time with this one called Owlbear belowdecks? Is it possible you could end this spectacle without the need for bloodshed?"


Male Human (Ulfen) Ranger (Freebooter) 3

Fjori walks up to the drunk and reeking Scorge and looks the man up and down. "I will take your bet, but I do not want your money! When I win, the owlbear is mine...and you will have no further contact with him. That is my wager. Are you man enough to honour it?"


Male Human (Chelaxian) Fighter (Brawler) 3

Bart pats Fjori on the shoulder. The devils' drink is wafting from him as well. Bart leers back at the bosun. "Take a seat, pal," he says levelly to the big Ulfen. "Thisn's mine." Bart spits at Scourge's feet. "I'll fight yer pet, Scourge. And if'n I lose, ye can give me the big guy's punishment from our oh so kind introduction te this fine vessel."


Scourge seems off put by the combination of the Nord and the Chelaxian getting in his face and despite his bluster the bosun can't help but look to Plugg.

The mate considers the scene coolly, offering little in the way of a reaction. After a minute or so he nods, Put the Chelaxian in, if he wins give the Nord the bear and the Chelaxian the purse. If he loses...we'll chain the Nord in the hold with Owlbear and give the Chelaxian the repeat performance he craves.

Plugg raises his narrow eyebrows at the pair to see if they agree, his lips upturn ever so slightly in a smile, Or I can throw "Bart" here in the cage for his blatant insubordination of an officer. Even at this distance you can tell the mate's eyes move to fix on the still wet stain of Bart's spit upon the deck.


Male Human (Ulfen) Ranger (Freebooter) 3

Fjori take Bart to one side and whispers to him, "I am sure you would have no problem with a fight such as this, but I have a trick, and if it works, will deny those two of their 'pet' and make them look foolish infront of the whole crew."


Female (posing as male) Human Swashbuckler Rogue 2 (favoured class)/Urban Ranger 2

Mel watches from the sidelines with a doubtful expression.She' know's Bart and Fjori are tough but the 'Owlbear' is a man mountain.Glad she doesn't have to fight the hulking brute she waits for the outcome.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Fighter (Brawler) 3

Bart looks at Fjori and grins widely. "Don' worry, I fought bigger'n him. An' I know he's yer pal an' all, I won' hurt 'im." Without even moving his head to look at the first mate, he replies, "Oh I didn' mean nuthin' by it, sir. Jus' a traditional way o' acceptin' challenges roun' where I'm from, sir. An' besides, I missed Master Scourge's foot by a good two inches. I wouldn'a never spit on good Master Scourge's foot now."


Male Human (Ulfen) Ranger (Freebooter) 3

Fjori shakes his head in slight irritation, and leans in to whisper to Bart once again.
"I can finish this fight with NO injury to anyone, but if you are determined to go through with this, then I cannot stop you."


Plugg raises his eyebrows at the men whispering aside from the group. Are we ready or do you have some more strategy to discuss?


Male Human (Chelaxian) Fighter (Brawler) 3

Bart closes his eyes slowly in frustration. He whispers back through gritted teeth. "If ya think ya can get through te that mountain'a crazy, yer jus' as crazy as it is, but far be it from me te stop ya. Jus' don' 'spect me to jump in there an' save yer arse when it pounds the life outa ya."

Bart turns back to Plugg and Scourge. "I'm feelin' a mite kind-hearted today, an' I'ma let me mate here fight yer owlbear. I can' be hoggin' all the fun roun' this here ship."


GM Screen:

1d20 - 5 ⇒ (19) - 5 = 14

Plugg frowns at Bart, No I think you misunderstand. It wasn't an offer but an order. You fight the bear or get the cage. We are well past any further wagers or...mercy. The mate's eye seem to almost flicker in the light as he stares at Bart.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Fighter (Brawler) 3

Bart's smile falters for a brief second before he turns back to Fjori and shrugs. "A'ight now, Mr. Plugg. I've nary a problem with fighten the owlbear. Jus' thought I've let me pal here 'ave a bit of sport, but if'n it's me ya wan' doin' the bruisin', then I'll more'n gladly do it." A smile that would scare the devil himself returns to Bart's face.


Male Human (Ulfen) Ranger (Freebooter) 3

Shaking his head, Fjori moves away and joins the rest of the crew. He hopes that neither of the combatants are injured in the upcoming battle.

Qadira

Male Human Desk Monkey 2/ Logistics Guru 3/ Over-educated 2/Gamer 6

Fyi im in hospital, not super serious but my posting will be delayed.


The crowd buzzes with excitement as a ring of sorts, a circular space of about 15 feet is created with the myriad member of the Wormwood creating the outer boundary. Each man is told to step on opposite sides as bets are taken and general loud mouthed drunken yelling ensues. Owlbear is brought up by Narwhal who takes the mountain like man to Scourge who does a fair bit of scowling and yelling in Owlbear's face. The din makes it almost impossible to determine what's being said but when Scourge makes a few threatening gestures in Bart's direction the intent seems fairly clear.

Owlbear stands at attention on his side of the ring and cocks his head waiting for something. It is obviously not his first time. Once Bart is prepped at his spot the ships bell is rung once and the fight is one.

Init:
Bart 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Owlbear 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18

The bell catches Bart off guard and the lumbering mass that is Owlbear snarls at the Chelaxian and charges across the deck.

GM Screen:

1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 2 = 22
1d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Bringing his arms high Owlbear clasps his hands together and brings them down with great force. Catching Bart full on the blow hammers on the big man's shoulders with a great *thud*. Bart take 6 non lethal There is a cheer from the crowd as the sport has begun with such a strong opening.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Fighter (Brawler) 3

Bart flexes his large, heavily scarred torso as he steps into the ring, but is caught off-guard when no sooner than he turns around does the lumbering mass of the Owlbear slams into him. Bart rises and begins to laugh maniacally.

"Now this's what I've been lookin' fer since I got on this damned piece'a floatin' jetsam!" He spits out a glob of blood and assaults the Owlbear with equal fervor.

Dotting until I get off work and can formulate a good action.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Fighter (Brawler) 3

Bart lays into Owlbear, grinning all the while. This perhaps the happiest anyone watching has seen the big man since he's been on the ship.

Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Oh my god, Paizo's dice hate me, I swear. If that hits: 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 nonlethal.

Bart weaves back, unable to tell if the barrage of blows he threw into the bigger man's stomach had any effect. He eyes his opponent warily, curious as to just how much of a mess he might've gotten himself into.

Sense Motive to gauge Owlbear's strength. Can I actually take this guy? 1d20 ⇒ 14


Bart Bart Bart...so lucky

Bart knows the punches are ugly but power is essential over speed at the moment considering the blow. Opening up his elbows for a round of wild hooks Bart lays into Owlbears midsection and see decent progress, wide grin and all creating quite the image to the screaming pirates encircling the fight.

Owlbear grunts from the assault and Bart can see that though the man is big and strong, he isn't particularly well trained. Furthermore Bart can see that Owlbear is actually blind in one eye and if the Chelaxian stays light on his feet he may be able to avoid being hit altogether. Each round you can make an Acro or Bluff check to stay in Owlbear's blind spot.

The one concerning issue is that Owlbear is dense. Bart figure he needs to land at least 4 or more similar sets of punches to take the man down, which will be rough if the man manages to hit Bart a couple more times...

Go ahead and roll either bluff or acro to see if you can keep out of reach.

351 to 400 of 1,616 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dread Captain Devon's Perilous Pirate Adventure (AKA Skull & Shackles) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.