Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Skallywags and Picaroons: A Skull & Shackles Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master PirateDevon


451 to 500 of 1,616 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Male Human (Ulfen) Ranger (Freebooter) 3

I think we skipped Mel....

Reaching the deck, Fjori unleashes his weeks of pent up anger against the unsuspecting pirates.

Attack-Melee(Cutlass): 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 1 = 22
Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7
Attack-Melee (Boarding Axe): 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 1 = 24
Confirm Crit: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 = 6
Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 = 8


Male Human (Qadira) Sorcerer 3 (Seaborn Bloodline)

Safely on the deck of the foreign ship, Hassan hangs to Fjori's side and lets the huge Nord go to work—and work he does. Whatever worries their "commander" may have had, Fjori seems more than a match for these scurvy sea jackals, praise the many gods of heaven that it is so.

Still, thinks Hassan to himself, still it only fitting and proper that I do the task to which I was assigned to the best of my ability, for the gods would judge harshly one who gives any less than a full accounting of himself. He unslings the short spear from his back, in case any man should be foolish enough to approach close enough for him to stick with it, and he makes the most of the fog by cutting loose with the magic he has kept hidden from the crew at large, as best he could.

Throwing a Water Blast (badly) at the nearest available target—curse this fog—or setting a readied action to do the same if no targets are currently available.

Water Blast (Ranged Touch) => 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Female (posing as male) Human Swashbuckler Rogue 2 (favoured class)/Urban Ranger 2

Mel feints to one side then strikes at his target again. The 'boy's' eyes are filled with an almost feral delight as his blade crosses with the officer who opposes him.

Bluff for feint(see Core rules P201)1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

If feint successful then opponent counts as flat footed.

Attack1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

"Hah..you fight like a Cow"

Had to get that one in somewhere

damage1d8 ⇒ 4

Precision damage if feint succeeds1d6 ⇒ 4


M Gnome Conjurer

"Save some for the chips!" Smudge calls as Quillin apparently conjures a blob of vinegar rather than the strong acid he expected. The parrot flaps to perch on a yard arm above.


Ajani casts his spell easily with no interruption from the flailing pirates around him. And in fact threatens to smash their heads open if they try to stand.

Mel feints her opponent to strike high and Mel easily blocks the ugly overhand chop with her off arm leaving her opponent open to the classic "blade through the belly" finish. As the man's eyes widen and the light from his eyes fade Mel cannot contain her commentary, Hah...you fight like a Cow

Quillin hits his target and is rewarded with a small scream but the pirate in question seems more concerned with trying to stand that the acid in question. The gnome is further mocked by his companion for his effort.

Churning with fury like the seas, Fjori climbs the stairs and finds prey just off the patch of grease that has been spatter about the bridge and sterncastle. The pirate at the top sneers at the freebooter but the sneer shifts to a scream and is then forever frozen on his face as the cutlass cuts the mans knee to shreds and Fjori brings the boarding axe down solidly on the falling pirate's head. The blood pools into the grease.

Hassan meanwhile stays close at hand. One last pirate, standing but seemingly chagrined by the grease around her stands ready to fight for the wheel but reluctant to move from her spot. Hassan throws a bolt of water but the fog and chaos sees the magic fall short.

Bart and then pirates, yarr.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Fighter (Brawler) 3

Bart hustles across the longboat to the other ship, muttering all the while about showing that kid where he'll put that grapnel. Boarding the other vessel, he looks around to gather his bearings. Seeing the nearest pirate, Bart storms across the deck through the fog, slipping on his brass knuckles as he goes.

Double move to the nearest opponent. I don't think I can get there in a single move, so that should end my turn.


Bart is able to climb the stairs and join Mel moving in to threaten the last pirate on the deck with the wheel, your ordered objective.

I was set to go and then I realized I need and AoO from Ajani.


Male Vanara Druid (Aquatic) 2 HP 19 / 21; AC 17/12/15; F+3/R+4/W+7; Init +3; Per +8

Sorry! Don't mean to be holding us up.
His club newly empowered, Ajani raises it above his head as the pirate before him attempts to stand in the grease, intending to decrease the distance between the brigand's head and torso.

Attack: 1d20 + 0 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 0 + 1 = 14
Damage: 2d6 - 1 ⇒ (5, 5) - 1 = 9


[sarcasm] Yes, you are holding us up, what with posting the AoO within 15 minutes of me mentioning it. For shame! :p [/sarcasm]

GM Screen:

[Bart]1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Ref
[Farther]1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
[Left]1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
[Right]1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

[Ajani Further, Cbow]1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
1d10 ⇒ 3

[Ajani Left S SWord]1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

As Bart closes to the woman guarding the wheel she snaps out with her sword and slashes at the brawler. Her blade finds flesh along Bart's left arm and blood wells from the gash Bart take 7

The pirates on the aft deck move to rise. One next to Ajani continue to slide in the muck and cannot find her feet while her companion successfully rises only to be smashed in the face by Ajani's cudgel. The pirate attempts to swing back with his sword but the disorientation of slipping around and then being beaned on the head leaves him short on the swing.

The last pirate on the sterncastle also makes his feet and brings his crossbow to bear on the druid. The bolt flies wide as the pirate attempts to miss his comrade in the scuffle.

The fog parts off the deck and it is easy to see that the fighting elsewhere on board is pitched and chaotic.

Perception DC 10:
Harrigan is making his way towards you, fighting with a small group and making his way to the Capt's quarters. A pirate seems to be sneaking up behind him as neither Harrigan nor his comrades seem to note the approaching attack.

Round 3:
Ajani
Mel
Quillin
Fjori
Hassan
Bart
Pirates


Male Vanara Druid (Aquatic) 2 HP 19 / 21; AC 17/12/15; F+3/R+4/W+7; Init +3; Per +8

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

Out of the corner of his eye, Ajani notices the danger to Captain Harrigan as he fights his way toward the group, his eyes widdening when he realizes that the captain doesn't notice it himself. Ignoring the danger to himself, he quickly steps out of the grease, taking any attack he may receive on the way, slipping between Bart and Mel, until he has a clear shot at the pirate that is sneaking up on Captain Harrigan.

Once he does, he shouts a warning to the Captain, then weaves a spell, holding both hands out from his body, one behind the other. The moment the spell incantation is completed, a jet of water blasts forth from his extended palms, rushing through the air toward the pirate sneaking up on Harrigan, slamming into the scallywag with great force.

Hydraulic Push (Bull Rush): 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 2 + 4 = 25
Yikes! That's..quite the bull rush attempt, there!


Ajani can I get an Acrobatics roll (or Dex default)


Male Vanara Druid (Aquatic) 2 HP 19 / 21; AC 17/12/15; F+3/R+4/W+7; Init +3; Per +8

Whoops! Sorry Cap'n!

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14


M Gnome Conjurer

perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Quillin snorts at his wiseacre parrot and tries to pump up the bite of his mustard tossing another acid dart at the same target.

pb toss 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 1 = 21
damage 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5


Male Human (Qadira) Sorcerer 3 (Seaborn Bloodline)

Perception => 1d20 ⇒ 6

Cursing his bad aim, Hassan moves up behind Fjori, looking for an opportunity to make use of his spear.

Do we have a picture of the combat? I don't see a map anywhere. Anyway, looking for a chance to stab someone. If I can:
Melee Attack => 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Shortspear Damage => 1d6 ⇒ 3

Wow that's some s+&~ty rolling.


M Gnome Conjurer
Hassan Al-Quorri wrote:

Do we have a picture of the combat? I don't see a map anywhere.

there's a link at the bottom of the Campaign Info tab, but it doesn't seem to be connected at the moment...


Male Human (Ulfen) Ranger (Freebooter) 3

Targeting another foe, Fjori unleashes another devastating attack, keeping the area around the ship's boat clear.

Attack-Melee(Cutlass): 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 1 = 22
Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 = 8
Attack Melee(Boarding Axe): 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 1 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 = 6


Female (posing as male) Human Swashbuckler Rogue 2 (favoured class)/Urban Ranger 2

Acrobatics 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Mel makes her way through the grease and engages the Pirate at the wheel along with Bart. As the Steersman recovers from the blow he gave the Chelaxian brawler Mel's swordpoint finds flesh under the armpit but fails to score anything but a flesh wound.

Attack[1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 Damage 1d8 ⇒ 2

Critical Confirm1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Just need Bart and sorry but it looks like my photobucket gallery is down...I'll assess options if its not back up soon.

Gm Screen:

AOO vs Ajani 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Surveying the vessel as the fog lifts Ajani see a threat to Capt. Harrigan and moves back to the main deck to aid. A sharp stab in the back from his current foe nearly ruins Ajani's concentration but the druid keeps his balance and rushes down the steps careful to avoid slipping in the grease. Ajani take 7 from the AoO See the Capt Ajani yells out a warning then summons the power of waves to delay the sneaking pirate's blade. The wave smashes into the pirate with brilliant force and pushes the man back across the deck, enough of a delay for Harrigan to nod at Ajani and then turn and bury a throwing axe in the head of the pirate that was sneaking up on him.

Meanwhile at the wheel Mel repositions herself and finds her blade's momentum is stunted though she does cause a light flesh wound in the process. Quillin lobs acid into the melee at the wheel and the woman screams in pain this time much more so than from the first glob of acid as violent hissing can be heard as her flesh sizzles from the corrosive substance.

Seeing the boats clear Fjori continues to climb. Seeing the wheel is well in hand Fjori advances to the man on the stercastle wielding a crossbow and promptly punishes the pirate for having not pulled his sword. Axe and cutlass cut the man down in a gurgling cry and the other pirate (formerly fighting Ajani) turns his bruised head in a mixture of fear and awe at the freebooter while the other prone pirate desperately struggles to gain his feet to at least die fighting.

Hassan continues to follow the Norb but finds his opportunities lacking at the moment.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Fighter (Brawler) 3

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Bart notices Harrigan's predicament just as the surge of water blasts the would-be assassin away. Not to be distracted, he turns to face the woman who shanked him just her form begins to sizzle with a fresh coat of acid. Hmph, wizardry, Bart thinks sourly. I suppose it's excusable when you're pint-sized. With that he slugs the corroding woman in the back of the head.

Brass Knuckle Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Damage: 1d3 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

"Mama always said ne'er ta hit women," he chuckles loudly as he relishes the sound of cracking bone. "Shame I ne'er listen'd."


Female (posing as male) Human Swashbuckler Rogue 2 (favoured class)/Urban Ranger 2

Mel's next strike goes well awry the blade rattling off the spokes of the wheel itself and almost losing her grip

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


Male Vanara Druid (Aquatic) 2 HP 19 / 21; AC 17/12/15; F+3/R+4/W+7; Init +3; Per +8

Are we on the next round already? Or are we waiting for the pirates to go?

Qadira

Male Human Desk Monkey 2/ Logistics Guru 3/ Over-educated 2/Gamer 6

i need to review and post pirate actions, taking fam out of town for a day trip will update late pm.


Sorry my trip to Seattle wasway crazier than I though it would be and the fam had a rough Sunday. Mel you should chage actions as...

Bart smashes the guard at the wheel and its a killing blow between sword slashes, acid burns and then blunt trauma to the skull.

The pirate formerly fighting Ajani wheels and takes the place of his fallen comrade viciously cut down by the assaulting Nord. Lashing out with his sword he hits Fjori with a weak blows. Hah! Take 3!

The other pirate on the sterncastle fiddles with a crossbow and looses a bolt at Mel but it flies wide of the mark.

For now no other combatants enter your side of the boat and the fighting seems to be mostly contained to the bow and below decks save for the remainder of the pirates at your end.

Ajani can see in the parting fog that Harrigan is headed below with his group, surely to find the captain and bring this quick assault to an end. For now other than the remaining pirates your orders have been to guard the boats to keep anyone else from escaping.

Just FYI so far of the downed pirates only one is dead outright and the others are bleeding out. Captives are usually a bonus but you were not necessarily directed one way or another...


Female (posing as male) Human Swashbuckler Rogue 2 (favoured class)/Urban Ranger 2

Mel glares at the pirate who tried to shoot her then advances around the grease as the crewman tries to reload.

"You might get me..though I doubt it..and then what..my friends here will kill you and throw your corpse to the sharks..how about you surrender and I'll make sure you are spared hmmm??"

Diplomacy1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


Male Human (Ulfen) Ranger (Freebooter) 3

Fjori bellows out to all the remaining sailors above deck, "Surrender now and face the justice of Captain Harrigan, or continue to fight and die. The choice is yours!"

Diplomacy or Intimidate: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17


Male Vanara Druid (Aquatic) 2 HP 19 / 21; AC 17/12/15; F+3/R+4/W+7; Init +3; Per +8

Ajani immediately moves to the nearest boat to his position, watching Harrigan as he disappears below decks before turning his attention back to the deck, raising his club and readying an action for any pirate foolish enough to get within range of his enchanted cudgel.


M Gnome Conjurer

Quillin drops the grease as it looks like the fighting is about over. He sighs to Smudge, "and I was just getting started..."

Ever helpful from the safety of his perch, he calls to the others, "Hey, just give 'em a knock on the head and might as well patch up some of them limp fish lying out on the deck there. Maybe some fresh meat on the Wormwood will keep the bosun busy for a while."


Male Human (Qadira) Sorcerer 3 (Seaborn Bloodline)

Hassan stands by Fjori, and waits to see which way the action goes, pleased that he has not had to kill anyone by his own hand today.


I'll assume BArt stands by a moment

The two pirates on the Sterncastle exchange a glance and then both cannot help but look at the last pirate to challenge Fjori. Add that Mel is standing by with a blood tinged sword and the two throw down their weapon and drop to their knees.

While the fog is parting the air is still quite murky. Fighting continues elsewhere but for now, your end is quiet.

Round 4 (Combat will continue until the ship is taken)

Ajani
Mel
Quillin
Fjori
Hassan
Bart
Pirates


Female (posing as male) Human Swashbuckler Rogue 2 (favoured class)/Urban Ranger 2

"A wise Decisiion my friend" Mel says to the crossbowman and moves quickly to remove the weapon from temptations reach..she pitches it overboard.

This applies only if there is a flag flying from the stern off the ship

Mel moves to the taff rail and hauls down the flag flying there.."Struck, they have struck their colours" she cries at the top off her lungs.


Male Human (Qadira) Sorcerer 3 (Seaborn Bloodline)

Absent any direct threat or order from Ajani, Hassan is going to hang by the boats and/or Fjori until the boat is taken, since that was the specific task he was given.


Not sure it counts if your strike them for her :p


Male Vanara Druid (Aquatic) 2 HP 19 / 21; AC 17/12/15; F+3/R+4/W+7; Init +3; Per +8

With all the pirates above-deck surrendering, Ajani looks to the stairs leading down to the lower decks of the ship, an expression of consternation on his face. He shakes it off quickly, realizing that Captain Harrigan is capable of taking care of himself and that whatever threats were down there were likely beyond any of those here under the sky.

And so he released a breath, relaxing slightly, though he still stays on the alert, keeping his eye open for any danger.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29


Quillin, Fjori, Bart anything to do this round other than keep guard?


Female (posing as male) Human Swashbuckler Rogue 2 (favoured class)/Urban Ranger 2

Actually it should have a moral effect..there are recorded historical instances of that happening in the napoleonic wars


Oh I know I was just having a go at ya. The history of color striking is really interesting but suffice it to say there are a few people on board who are not happy to hear what Mel said.


M Gnome Conjurer

Quillin stays safely in place boldly observing from afar.


Male Human (Ulfen) Ranger (Freebooter) 3

Fjori continues to carry out his duty of protecting the ship's boat. He will herd the captured crewmen into the ship's boat, and have them sit on their hands....keeping all weapons, and belaying pins, out of their reach!


The captives are herded to the boat easily and the lot of you are able to stand your ground and keep an eye out for trouble. The occasional yell and sound of steel continues to punctuate the air although Mel announced the striking of the colors. The noise is certainly becoming less frequent and it seems as though the fighting may be over when a loud scream and followed by an explosion rocks the boat.

The effect is not so great that you lose your footing but now thick black smoke billows into the air to mix with the fog. Yelling and screaming erupt from below decks and Harrigan can be heard yelling though it is almost impossible to make out what he is saying.


Male Vanara Druid (Aquatic) 2 HP 19 / 21; AC 17/12/15; F+3/R+4/W+7; Init +3; Per +8

Ajani grows increasingly sure that the hard part of the boarding action is over as they move the captives away onto the boat, the slowly lessening sound of battle further reinforcing the idea.

Suddenly a loud explosion rips through the air, thick black smoke pouring into the air. Ajani immediately ran to the steps leading to the lower deck, calling out to the others. "We must go see what is happening! Are the prisoners secure?!"


Male Human (Ulfen) Ranger (Freebooter) 3

Fjori looks to Ajani, then back to the others. "Who do you want to go, and who do you want to stay with the prisoners?"


Male Human (Qadira) Sorcerer 3 (Seaborn Bloodline)

"If this ship carries the black powder, surely we should abandon the ship before it all explodes!"


Male Human (Chelaxian) Fighter (Brawler) 3

"Go ahead," Bart calls to the others. "I'll keep an eye on this lot." He scowls at the prisoners, daring one of them to even look at him wrong.


Male Vanara Druid (Aquatic) 2 HP 19 / 21; AC 17/12/15; F+3/R+4/W+7; Init +3; Per +8

Ajani looks quickly between those who are present on the deck above, then turns to look at Bart. He seems to consider it for a moment, then nods.

"We do not know what is happening below; we may need as many hands below as we can get. Though Bart is one of our best fighters, it also means that he could handle it should any of the prisoners try to escape. The rest of us will go help the Captain!" he says, immediately leading the way despite the injury he received the first time he tried to rescue Harrigan, moving as far as he is able down below the deck.


M Gnome Conjurer

Quillin chuckles as he watches the frantic activity. "Glad I'm not on the boat that's burning," he mutters to Smudge with a grin.


Female (posing as male) Human Swashbuckler Rogue 2 (favoured class)/Urban Ranger 2

"Black powder...that stuff is dangerous from what I hear" Mel stands ready to follow where Ajani leads.


Male Human (Ulfen) Ranger (Freebooter) 3

Fjori readies his weapons, and slaps Bart on the shoulder. "Now dont be too rough on these poor fellows. Cap'n might have other plans for them!" He glares at the prisioners, and as he moves on, winks at the huge brawler.
"What now Ajani? Rush below decks, or wait it out?"


Male Vanara Druid (Aquatic) 2 HP 19 / 21; AC 17/12/15; F+3/R+4/W+7; Init +3; Per +8

"Below decks!" he answers, immediately leading the way to the stairs leading down to the bowels of the ship.


M Gnome Conjurer

Quillin shakes his head in disbelief and yells to the others, "Hey you fools, stay up top. If you're wanted below, the captain will call. If not, well..." he points down to the undamaged Wormwood and wiggles his fingers as his hands slide to the horizon signalling a canny escape.


Male Human (Ulfen) Ranger (Freebooter) 3

Are there any other hatches that lead down into the ship, or is this companion way the only entrance?

451 to 500 of 1,616 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dread Captain Devon's Perilous Pirate Adventure (AKA Skull & Shackles) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.