Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Six Heads of Mayhem--The Hydra Campaign

Game Master Almonihah

A very unusual hydra sets out to prove that more heads may not be better than one.
Battle Map
Area Maps
HGP: 13 S: 36


2,001 to 2,050 of 2,160 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>

Battle Board Area Maps Hydra Deity Level 20 All Classes

"Actually, yes," Sir Torlgrith replies. "Surprisingly enough, the Queen herself responded to my message and agreed to knight all of you. As for armor, she invites you to visit Fort Varendell and visit the armorer there--though she requests you send word ahead of when you will visit."

"As for a pot, I'm sure we can supply something, but I'm afraid all we have for spices is salt... I think." He frowns a bit. "I'll have to consult with my quartermaster on that."


Hydrahead Monk (Master of Many Styles) 2 Fighter (Brawler) 4 Slayer 2; Initiative +0; Perception +12, HP 61/61 RAGE HP 69/69; AC 24, T 11, FF 24; Fort +12, Ref +9, Will +7; Stunning Head 3/3

Hmm...perhaps your quartermaster should make an appointment with our quartermaster...

Mo! Come here a moment, some humans wish to speak to you. We will of course supervise the exchange closely, but it's not the sort of thing we ought to stoop to.


Human Metal-skin

Mo obediently comes over, though he looks confused.

Sir Torlgrith sighs. "It'll be a few moments. He's getting things arranged for bringing your part of the feast out."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Ninja Head | Init: 8 | Perc: 10 | AC: 24 (t 17, ff 17) | F: 5, R: 16, W: 6 | ki points: 8/8 | HP: 44/44

"You're doing a good job, Sir Tolgrith. Please enjoy this positive reinforcement."


Sorcerer 8 (Serpentine) | HP 72/72 | AC 18 | CMD 18 | F+8 |R+4 | W+8 | Per 0 | Ini 0

Hard as she tries Entycer cannot remember this Sir Torlgrith...

Was I asleep when these events took place? Why don't the others remember me. I know I was... Wait, I don't remember. Anything, anything at all.

The Hydra head sways back and forth as events play out around her, Once I eat I'll feel better. Yes, just need food.


Hydrahead Monk (Master of Many Styles) 2 Fighter (Brawler) 4 Slayer 2; Initiative +0; Perception +12, HP 61/61 RAGE HP 69/69; AC 24, T 11, FF 24; Fort +12, Ref +9, Will +7; Stunning Head 3/3

Do we think we ought to visit the armorer before the lizardfolk?

Hey lizards, Tomorbataar calls them over, how urgently do we need to go save your soft and squishy tribe?


8 Kineticist (Air)head | HP 75| 24 non lethal damage AC: 24 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 21 | F:+ 9, R: +12, W: +3; | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 | Speed 15ft from body |

Ziphora sees Entycer's confusion. "Sir Tolgrith is the commander of the humans we first met when we came out of the swamp.
You weren't there at that point of time."
Then she begins to describe the adventures they went through after that.


Battle Board Area Maps Hydra Deity Level 20 All Classes

"Soon, great ones!" the lizardfolk cries out in response. "My kin cannot survive long against such an onslaught!"

Sir Torlgrith is about to say something when there's a shout from behind the walls. He turns and looks over there, then comes back.

"The feast is ready!" he proclaims.


Hydra Head Skald 8 | HP 70/70 |AC: 20 T: 13 FF: 18 | Fort +10 Ref +5 Will +8 | Init +1 | Perception +0 | Song 21/21 | Spells Per Day: 1: 4/5 2: 5/5 3: 3/3

"Huzzah! We feast in victory over our previous foe, then we go tae fight again! This be a good day!

Feeling festive, Grash summons up a couple drums in preparation for some victory drumming.


Battle Board Area Maps Hydra Deity Level 20 All Classes

The gates open, and humans come out carrying the feast. Two men come out carrying roasted, plucked birds of some sort, then another comes with a platter of potatoes. Then comes the main course, a large roast hog. Behind it comes one last man with a platter of vegetables, roots, and berries.


Hydrahead Monk (Master of Many Styles) 2 Fighter (Brawler) 4 Slayer 2; Initiative +0; Perception +12, HP 61/61 RAGE HP 69/69; AC 24, T 11, FF 24; Fort +12, Ref +9, Will +7; Stunning Head 3/3

Tomorbataar examines the birds, Where's the rest? He asks, looking around confused. Hurry up and bring it all out at once, we'll be done soon enough.

He takes a few careful bites of meat before eating most of the potatoes for himself.

Tomorbataar votes to go to sleep soon after and then head to help the lizardfolk.

After they're done, Tomorbataar looks ready to sleep. He hefts out the new bed and lies down carefully, coiled up in the middle.


8 Kineticist (Air)head | HP 75| 24 non lethal damage AC: 24 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 21 | F:+ 9, R: +12, W: +3; | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 | Speed 15ft from body |

"Oh Cool! Vegges! You know brothers, you have to eat your greens! Then we can all become bigger and stronger!" Ziphora urges the rest of the hydraheads to try the vegetables, roots and berries.


Sorcerer 8 (Serpentine) | HP 72/72 | AC 18 | CMD 18 | F+8 |R+4 | W+8 | Per 0 | Ini 0

Entycer sticks out her tongue at Ziphora's suggestion but then eats the fruits and veggies all the same.

I'll second resting and then heading to investigate the LizardFolk "problem".


Ninja Head | Init: 8 | Perc: 10 | AC: 24 (t 17, ff 17) | F: 5, R: 16, W: 6 | ki points: 8/8 | HP: 44/44

While the others eat, Beachhead talks to Sir Tolgrith.

"So, the Queen, huh? Are we knights now, or do we have to do a ceremony? Did she say anything else?"


Hydrahead Monk (Master of Many Styles) 2 Fighter (Brawler) 4 Slayer 2; Initiative +0; Perception +12, HP 61/61 RAGE HP 69/69; AC 24, T 11, FF 24; Fort +12, Ref +9, Will +7; Stunning Head 3/3

Well we're definitely knights, the ceremony would be to recognize us as knights. Tomorbataar seems very sure of himself for a very brief moment.

Right? That's how it works, right Torlgrith? Otherwise we've gotta go right away, I don't think the lizardfolk would like that.


8 Kineticist (Air)head | HP 75| 24 non lethal damage AC: 24 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 21 | F:+ 9, R: +12, W: +3; | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 | Speed 15ft from body |

"What's all this about ceremonies? We have lizard folk to aid! The ceremonies can come later, after we've taught those who bullied our lizard folk friends a lesson!" Ziphora exclaims indignantly.

"Sorry, Sir Tolgrith, but we must respectfully ask the knighting ceremony to be postponed. For our friends are in peril, and which true knight would not fly to his friends aid in times of need?" Ziphora proclaims pompously.


Human Metal-skin

"It's not a very long ceremony, and she authorized me to carry it out in her name," Sir Torlgrith states. "She didn't have anything more to say."


Ninja Head | Init: 8 | Perc: 10 | AC: 24 (t 17, ff 17) | F: 5, R: 16, W: 6 | ki points: 8/8 | HP: 44/44
Ziphora wrote:
For our friends are in peril, and which true knight would not fly to his friends aid in times of need?"

"But we can't be a true knight without the ceremony! Which means we won't be able to immediately fly friends' aids!"


8 Kineticist (Air)head | HP 75| 24 non lethal damage AC: 24 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 21 | F:+ 9, R: +12, W: +3; | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 | Speed 15ft from body |

"Knighthood is what you are inside, not your fancy title." Ziphora answers sagely. "If you can do it tonight, then tomorrow we can go to the assistance of the lizardfolk." She suggests to Sir Tolgrith.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ninja Head | Init: 8 | Perc: 10 | AC: 24 (t 17, ff 17) | F: 5, R: 16, W: 6 | ki points: 8/8 | HP: 44/44

"So, if we ate a knight... hmmm...."


Sorcerer 8 (Serpentine) | HP 72/72 | AC 18 | CMD 18 | F+8 |R+4 | W+8 | Per 0 | Ini 0

"Oooohh fancy idea Beachhead. We just ate a Wizard! Though I don't feel magical... I am thinking that won't work.

Alright Sir Torlgrith, get on with your ceremony so we can save more two legs, these of the scaled variety!"


Hydrahead Monk (Master of Many Styles) 2 Fighter (Brawler) 4 Slayer 2; Initiative +0; Perception +12, HP 61/61 RAGE HP 69/69; AC 24, T 11, FF 24; Fort +12, Ref +9, Will +7; Stunning Head 3/3

Right, Sir Torlgrith, where's the knight we'll be eating?

I have no idea how this ends.


Human Metal-skin

"Ah..." Sir Torlgrith looks decidedly nervous. "That... isn't necessary. You just need to walk over here, and I'll tap each of you on the head with the flat of my blade while declaring you a knight."


Ninja Head | Init: 8 | Perc: 10 | AC: 24 (t 17, ff 17) | F: 5, R: 16, W: 6 | ki points: 8/8 | HP: 44/44

Beachhead votes to walk over to where Sir Tolgrith indicates.


Hydrahead Monk (Master of Many Styles) 2 Fighter (Brawler) 4 Slayer 2; Initiative +0; Perception +12, HP 61/61 RAGE HP 69/69; AC 24, T 11, FF 24; Fort +12, Ref +9, Will +7; Stunning Head 3/3

Hmm...interesting ceremony. Very well, let's get on with it then.

Tomorbataar also votes to move over.


8 Kineticist (Air)head | HP 75| 24 non lethal damage AC: 24 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 21 | F:+ 9, R: +12, W: +3; | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 | Speed 15ft from body |

"Oh - do we need to swear any vows to protect the weak, fight for the forces of Light or anything? I mean I'd swear because it's the right thing to do." Ziphora answers.

Vote to move over


Sorcerer 8 (Serpentine) | HP 72/72 | AC 18 | CMD 18 | F+8 |R+4 | W+8 | Per 0 | Ini 0

Vote to move over.


Hydra Head Skald 8 | HP 70/70 |AC: 20 T: 13 FF: 18 | Fort +10 Ref +5 Will +8 | Init +1 | Perception +0 | Song 21/21 | Spells Per Day: 1: 4/5 2: 5/5 3: 3/3

"Short, simple, to the point. Good way to do a ceremony, if one be needed. May this be but the beginning of our tale!"

Grash agrees to move over.


Human Metal-skin

You walk up to the wall, and Sir Torlgrith makes an admirable show of being unafraid. He draws his sword.

"You are welcome to give an oath if you wish, but Her Majesty did not see fit to require one," he states. "Now, if you'll each... err, raise your head up to me in sequence, we can begin."

As you do so, he taps each of you twice on the head with the flat of his blade, saying something like, "By the authority of Her Majesty Queen Arabasti, I hearby knight you Sir Tomorbataar", except with each of your names instead of just Tomorbataar's each time.


8 Kineticist (Air)head | HP 75| 24 non lethal damage AC: 24 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 21 | F:+ 9, R: +12, W: +3; | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 | Speed 15ft from body |

"Please use the term Lady."Ziphora corrects Sir Tolgrith gently.

After Sir Tolgrith has tapped her twice on the head with the blade

"In Her Majesty's name, I swear to protect the weak and defenseless, to guard the honor of my fellow knights and fight for the welfare of all."Ziphora declares.

After the Ceremony

"Thank you."


Hydrahead Monk (Master of Many Styles) 2 Fighter (Brawler) 4 Slayer 2; Initiative +0; Perception +12, HP 61/61 RAGE HP 69/69; AC 24, T 11, FF 24; Fort +12, Ref +9, Will +7; Stunning Head 3/3

Is it really the right thing to swear vows? I mean, they'll only limit your behavior in the future, if anything, it seems like the wrong thing to do. Unless you don't trust your future self, but you're you, and you'll still be you in the future, so of course you can trust your future self.

Seems like the vows are just for Torlgrith, or us, and the right thing doesn't have anything to do with it.

Anyway, I'm ready to move on.


Ninja Head | Init: 8 | Perc: 10 | AC: 24 (t 17, ff 17) | F: 5, R: 16, W: 6 | ki points: 8/8 | HP: 44/44

The other heads may detect a sense of dissatisfaction or maybe even bitterness during the ceremony, but he doesn't say anything in front of Sir Tolgrith during the knighting.


Hydra Head Skald 8 | HP 70/70 |AC: 20 T: 13 FF: 18 | Fort +10 Ref +5 Will +8 | Init +1 | Perception +0 | Song 21/21 | Spells Per Day: 1: 4/5 2: 5/5 3: 3/3

Grash seems pleased with getting some recognition, but is still restless. Not wanting to be disruptive, he just silently votes that they get going in the direction of the lizardmen (who he can't quite remember for some reason).


Battle Board Area Maps Hydra Deity Level 20 All Classes

I'm unclear, do you want to leave immediately and rest for the night along the way, or rest now and leave in the morning?


Hydrahead Monk (Master of Many Styles) 2 Fighter (Brawler) 4 Slayer 2; Initiative +0; Perception +12, HP 61/61 RAGE HP 69/69; AC 24, T 11, FF 24; Fort +12, Ref +9, Will +7; Stunning Head 3/3

What time is it? I think it's whatever gets us there fastest.

Upon receiving his vow, Tomorbataar looks up. He lets the end part of his neck stay straight and unbent, and closes his eyes for a moment in ecstasy.

No filth of the swamp shall bother me now, he assures his siblings, I'm above it all.


Ninja Head | Init: 8 | Perc: 10 | AC: 24 (t 17, ff 17) | F: 5, R: 16, W: 6 | ki points: 8/8 | HP: 44/44

"Is that because you're holding your head so high? Good idea. I agree that it can get pretty scummy when I'm hiding underneath our body. Especially near the butt."


Sorcerer 8 (Serpentine) | HP 72/72 | AC 18 | CMD 18 | F+8 |R+4 | W+8 | Per 0 | Ini 0

"Entycer", she purrs at the knight when it's her turn.

I vote we go now, we ate and not much else after resting.


Ninja Head | Init: 8 | Perc: 10 | AC: 24 (t 17, ff 17) | F: 5, R: 16, W: 6 | ki points: 8/8 | HP: 44/44

Vote to leave, sleep when it's bedtime, then continue.


8 Kineticist (Air)head | HP 75| 24 non lethal damage AC: 24 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 21 | F:+ 9, R: +12, W: +3; | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 | Speed 15ft from body |

Off to the rescue of our friends!


Battle Board Area Maps Hydra Deity Level 20 All Classes

The lizardfolk is quite happy to start leading you back towards her village. You make good time for a few hours until it gets dark.

Some rolls: 1d20 ⇒ 20
Some rolls: 1d20 ⇒ 2
Some rolls: 1d20 ⇒ 20
Some rolls: 1d20 ⇒ 14
Some rolls: 1d20 ⇒ 6
Some rolls: 1d20 ⇒ 10
Some rolls: 1d20 ⇒ 14

You're just settling into get to sleep when Tomorbataar and Grash catch a bit of movement in the bushes.


Hydrahead Monk (Master of Many Styles) 2 Fighter (Brawler) 4 Slayer 2; Initiative +0; Perception +12, HP 61/61 RAGE HP 69/69; AC 24, T 11, FF 24; Fort +12, Ref +9, Will +7; Stunning Head 3/3

Earlier

It's because I've been morally elevated, the petty concerns of the earth no longer matter so much to me. I'm a knight, after all.

Later

Thebushes are fulve something live that isn't bushes, Tomorbataar says hastily, half tripping over his words. He looks around at the others, then assumes a position five feet from the body. Beachhead there, he nods to his left, lowering into a battle stance. He glares at the bushes, trying to look fierce.

GM:

Not sure if I can use commanding voice on things I can't see. Here's the text you originally wrote:

GM of the Heads wrote:

Commanding Voice

You may attempt an intimidate check (same DC as demoralizing the target) as a standard action against any creature capable of understanding you. If successful, you may give the creature a simple order it must obey, as the spell command. You may give the creature one additional command for every 5 by which you beat the DC. You can use this ability only once per day on a given creature, and it never works on your sibling-heads.


Battle Board Area Maps Hydra Deity Level 20 All Classes

You could give it a try.


Ninja Head | Init: 8 | Perc: 10 | AC: 24 (t 17, ff 17) | F: 5, R: 16, W: 6 | ki points: 8/8 | HP: 44/44

Beachhead hides!

Stealth: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (6) + 20 = 26


Hydra Head Skald 8 | HP 70/70 |AC: 20 T: 13 FF: 18 | Fort +10 Ref +5 Will +8 | Init +1 | Perception +0 | Song 21/21 | Spells Per Day: 1: 4/5 2: 5/5 3: 3/3

"Hrm? Something hiding in the bushes? Show yerself, bush-hider! If ye come not ter speak, then ye be here to fight!"

Grash votes to move toward the bush.


Hydrahead Monk (Master of Many Styles) 2 Fighter (Brawler) 4 Slayer 2; Initiative +0; Perception +12, HP 61/61 RAGE HP 69/69; AC 24, T 11, FF 24; Fort +12, Ref +9, Will +7; Stunning Head 3/3

Get out into the sunlight before I give you such a fright that your knees will quake and your hands will shake!

Commanding Voice: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29 Command is to approach.


8 Kineticist (Air)head | HP 75| 24 non lethal damage AC: 24 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 21 | F:+ 9, R: +12, W: +3; | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 | Speed 15ft from body |

"Hey it ain't cool to keep hiding in bushes." Ziphora chides the bush dwellers.


Battle Board Area Maps Hydra Deity Level 20 All Classes

A group of a dozen lizardfolk jump out of the bushes, then stand around for a moment looking shocked that they just did so.

The lizardfolk with you gasps. "It's some of them! The other tribe!"

Perception DC 20:
You notice a slick sheen on the tips of their spears... poison, maybe?


8 Kineticist (Air)head | HP 75| 24 non lethal damage AC: 24 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 21 | F:+ 9, R: +12, W: +3; | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 | Speed 15ft from body |

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

"Huh? Where?" Ziphora looks everywhere else except the right place.


Ninja Head | Init: 8 | Perc: 10 | AC: 24 (t 17, ff 17) | F: 5, R: 16, W: 6 | ki points: 8/8 | HP: 44/44

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30 (Perception crit!)

"How can you tell?"


Sorcerer 8 (Serpentine) | HP 72/72 | AC 18 | CMD 18 | F+8 |R+4 | W+8 | Per 0 | Ini 0

Perception 1d20 ⇒ 6

"Attackers in the bushes?! Where?"

Entycer's mouth waters in anticipation of the fight. Of course, she does not like to get her scales chipped so precautions are in order...

Cast Mirror Image - 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Suddenly,there are several Entycer heads all moving in a swirling pattern, the words hypnotic would come to mind if one were observing them...

2,001 to 2,050 of 2,160 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Six Heads of Mayhem All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.