Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Silent Gods (Inactive)

Game Master stormraven


101 to 150 of 2,582 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

DM

Lyrica - I'll adjudicate this on your turn.
FWIW, the damage on your critical threat is automatically maxed (see the House Rules in the Campaign tab) so your dice expressions should be [ dice]6+4[ /dice]. Since you rolled your max, there is no difference in the result but that won't always be the case. I'm assuming you are doing +4 DAM instead of +3 because you are using your Scimitar 2-Handed yes?


Ezekiel

The bony fishes swarm over the Alchemist yet again, their teeth nipping at his flesh, their flashing bodies swirling in front of his eyes, threatening to make him sick.

Ez - a Fort Save, please.
FYI - you are running out of maneuvering room. Z27 is an open space you can achieve with a 5' step. All other non-fish squares are blocked with trees (difficult terrain) or cannot be entered due to the bluffs.

Rolls:
Swarm Bite (20/2x)
HIT: 0 = 0 Auto + Distraction (DC:11)
DAM: 1d6 ⇒ 2


Jak

The Fisherman leaps past the dropped torch, charging the Bard. It sinks the rusty gaff deep in Jak's shoulder.

Rolls:
Hook (20/2x) v AC:13
HIT: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 + 2 = 13 charge

DAM: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Lyrica

The long-skulled skeletal beast towers over Lyrica and rakes her across the face and neck with two sets of dirt-crusted claws.

The intense pain causes her to focus, observing the minutia of her opponent. Her scimitar penetrates the monster's rib-cage and, with a deft twist, she snaps off a rib that splinters and falls to the loamy earth. But her blow, for all its strength, delivers less of a killing wound than she expected.

Your roll wasn't good enough to reveal this creature's particular weaknesses but combining it with observations from your attack and some 'general' legends about more common undead, you are able to piece together that anything but a blunt weapon will have a reduced effect.

Rolls:
Claws (20/2x) v AC: 16
HIT: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
DAM: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

HIT: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
DAM: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

ORDER:
Aerik then Black Root
Fish then Ezekiel
Fisherman then Jak
Skeletor then Lyrica
Marcus then Eluon then Skull

MAP: Alone in the Dark

A's HPs: 14|14
E's HPs: 3|10
J's HPs: 7|10
L's HPs: 5|15
M's HPs: 14|14


DM

Shoot! Just missed the time limit to update my previous Fishy post...
Ez - If you fail to beat a DC:11 on your Fort save, you are distracted/nauseated for 1 round:

Dah Rules wrote:
Nauseated creatures are unable to attack, cast spells, concentrate on spells, or do anything else requiring attention. The only action such a character can take is a single move action per turn.


(hp 11/35, AC 18, T 13, FF 15, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

Aerik gnashes his teeth together as he swings the flaming branch viciously at the Black Root.

Improvised Torch Attack +2 str -4 imp: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (15) - 2 = 13

Dmg: 1d6 + 2 + 1d4 ⇒ (6) + 2 + (1) = 9

I'm assuming that's a miss, but I'll wait to find out for certain before I post his reaction. Hehe

Status:

HP: 14/14
AC: 17, 13 touch
CMD: 15
Fort: +5, Ref: +3, Will: +5


The cut draws a hiss from Jak, and he reflexively steps back. Pulling from his mother's legacy, Jak mutters a few unintelligible words, pointing at the ground between himself and the old fisherman. Slick, spongy fungi grows instantly between them. He pulls the dagger from his wrist sheathe as he waits to see if the old fisherman stays on his feet.

Round 2:
FREE: 5' step down/right.
STANDARD: Cast Grease on the center point of AN/AO 30/31. Reflex DC 14.
MOVE: Draw dagger

status:
HP 7/10
AC 13 T13 FF10
CMD 16 FF 13
Fort +2 Reflex +5 Will +3
---> +2 vs. Fear (Courageous)

Conditions/Effects: Not currently wearing armor


Round 2

Running out of room to retreat, Ezekiel faces the swarm head on. Pulling just outside their reach, he pulls out two more chemicals. "Let's see you avoid that again!" He throws the one vial as he undoes the lid on the other, watching as the first liquid shatters on the fish, he sprays out the contents of the other and watches as they ignite.

5' Step north, standard to throw bomb.

Dice:

Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Bomb + Throw Anything + PBS: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 22
Damage + PBS: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9

Status:

HP: 3/10
1st Level Infusions 1+1/day: xx
Bombs 5/day: xxx
Mutagen (Strength): x


Marcus sees Eluon's success and follows suit, striking at the skull's jaw-joint.

Standard: Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Damage 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


DM

Aerik swings the flaming brand at the stumpy Black Root but his foot slips on the loose shale and sends his blow awry...

Jak steps away from the possessed remains of Old Sloane and weaves his spell - a fine layer of grease oozes up from the land between the two opponents. The skeleton slips on the slick surface but its clawed toes dig into the earth, righting the unholy creature.

Reflex v DC:14: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Again, Ezekiel shrugs off the stomach-churning vertigo caused by the fish swimming around his head. He back-steps from the swarm and slings compounds in a fanning arc across the sky... The air catches fire and burns with a hideous green light. The fish swim frantically in the fire until their bones blacken and rain down in a light ash - destroyed.

Ez is victorious!

Caught by surprise by Eluon previously, the bloated Skull-thing is prepared for Marcus' mirroring attack. It floats upwards avoiding his blow.

Round: 2

ORDER:
Aerik then Black Root
Done - Fish then Ezekiel
Awaiting R3 - Fisherman then Jak
Awaiting R3 - Skeletor then Lyrica
Marcus then Eluon then Skull


Black Root tries to tear into the Druid's leg with its gnashing stone-chip fangs. It only catches a mouthful of flaming brand instead.

Slam (20/2x) v AC:17
HIT: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
DAM: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


As the strange Skull climbs to avoid the Ranger's blow, Eluon strikes again - knocking teeth from the damaged jaw.

2H Axe (20/3x)
HIT: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 Crit?
Confirm: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 No
DAM: 10 + 3 = 13


i'm confused. Are we waiting on actions form Aerik? I thought he took his round 2 actions by attacking with the flaming club.


The Skull exacts its price from Eluon for his two well-placed blows... It turns its sharp-boned cranial plate on the lumberjack in a shattering headbutt. There is a sickly crunch as Eluon's nose and facial bones give way. Eluon staggers backwards, barely managing to stay on his feet, his face a bloody ruin.

The skull turns its flaming eyes on the Ranger, a head-sized bloody smear decorates the space between its vacant eye-sockets. The message is unspoken but clear:

You're next.

Eluon is staggered at 0 HP.

Round: 3

ORDER:
Aerik then Black Root
Fisherman then Jak
Skeletor then Lyrica
Marcus then Eluon (staggered) then Skull
Out of Combat - Ezekiel

MAP: Alone in the Dark

A's HPs: 14|14
E's HPs: 3|10
J's HPs: 7|10
L's HPs: 5|15
M's HPs: 14|14

rolls:
Slam (20/2x) v AC: 13
HIT: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
DAM: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


DM
Jak Howell wrote:
i'm confused. Are we waiting on actions form Aerik? I thought he took his round 2 actions by attacking with the flaming club.

Aerik's attack with the flaming club was just resolved above. The 'miss' in post 110. Some of you guys are going before or after your individual baddies which lends for a little confusion.


Old Sloane stalks straight towards Jak across the greased ground. The skeleton's claws slide off a slick stone, sending the creature sprawling. A moment later, undeterred, it rises again seeking to gaff the life from the Bard.

MOVE: Get Jak
MOVE: Get Up

Rolls:
Acro vs DC10: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Reflex vs DC14: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Meanwhile, miles up valley, Lyrica is locked in a deadly struggle with the long-muzzled skeletal beast. She ducks below one set of razor claws and blocks another with her scimitar - raising sparks in the dark forest.

FULL: Claws! Claws!

Rolls:
Claws (20/2x) v AC: 17
HIT: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
DAM: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

HIT: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
DAM: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

ORDER:
Aerik then Black Root
Fisherman then Jak
Skeletor then Lyrica
Marcus then Eluon (staggered) then Skull
Out of Combat - Ezekiel


Marcus runs forward while the skull is preoccupied, flanking the creature before bringing the axe downward in a vicious arc.

Move: I want to go diagonal up and to the right of the skull to flank with Eluon. I believe the square is X16, and that should provoke an AoO.

Standard: Axe chop, with flank 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

damage 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

If the creature is still standing (floating?) I will use a hero point to attack again. 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


(hp 38/38, AC 17, T 11, FF 11, Initiative +1, Perception +5, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +10)

Round 3

Lyrica realizing that she is in the battle for her life, calls upon the Dawnflower to give aid in her need.

Dear Sarenrae, I have met a foe beyond the redemption of your grace! Let your fire burn through me this moment as I call on you to smite down this evil fiend!

As a swift action, Lyrica uses Smite Evil.

Infused with the glory of Sarenrae, Lyrica spins in a dramatic rapid spiral that strikes hard at the Skeletor with her father's blade.

Scimitar: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27 (+1 BAB, +3 Str, +1 Weapon Focus, +4 Smite)
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 => 13 for Critical Threat (+3 Str, +1 Two Hands, +1 Smite, +2 Undead)

Confirm Critical: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 (+1 BAB, +3 Str, +1 Weapon Focus, +4 Smite)
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 (+3 Str, +1 Two Hands, +1 Smite, +2 Undead Smite)


Jak whips the suddenly-enhanced dagger at the old man, "Don't get up on my behalg," he mutters as his second dagger quickly finds its way into his hand from his boot-sheathe.

Round 3
SWIFT: Arcane Strike
STANDARD: Throw dagger (including Point-blank shot)
MOVE: draw 2nd dagger
.
Dagger Throw: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 1 = 19; PBS
---> Damage: 1d4 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 7; PBS, Arcane Strike

status:
HP 7/10
AC 13 T13 FF10
CMD 16 FF 13
Fort +2 Reflex +5 Will +3
---> +2 vs. Fear (Courageous)

Conditions/Effects: Not currently wearing armor; Grease (rd 2/10)


Lyrica Strom wrote:

Round 3

Lyrica realizing that she is in the battle for her life, calls upon the Dawnflower to give aid in her need.

Dear Sarenrae, I have met a foe beyond the redemption of your grace! Let your fire burn through me this moment as I call on you to smite down this evil fiend!

As a swift action, Lyrica uses Smite Evil.

Infused with the glory of Sarenrae, Lyrica spins in a dramatic rapid spiral that strikes hard at the Skeletor with her father's blade.

[dice=Scimitar]1d20+9 (+1 BAB, +3 Str, +1 Weapon Focu, +4 Smite)
[dice=Damage]1d6+4 => 10 for Critical Threat (+3 Str, +1 Smite)

[dice=Confirm Critical]1d20+9 (+1 BAB, +3 Str, +1 Weapon Focu, +4 Smite)
[dice=Damage]1d6+4 (+3 Str, +1 Smite)

If I'm not mistaken, I believe your smite deals an additional 2 damage to undead. Not too shabby.


DM

Marcus races by the floating Skull and deftly dodges its snapping jaws. He delivers a ringing axe blow to the back of it - sending bone splinters flying. A crack forms and winds its way like lightning up and over the crown of the skull. The monster spins slowly, regarding the Ranger with malice.

Marcus summons up the strength for a second attack and drives the massive lumber blade into the hairline fissure that creeps across the frontal plate. It is a wood-splitting blow that works equally well on massive undead skulls. The skull shivers and explodes, hurling bone-shards across the hillside and burying large chunks in the nearby trees.

Marcus is victorious! Knock off your Hero Point.

Slam AoO (20/2x) v AC: 17
HIT: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
DAM: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


DM

Lyrica's blow is mighty and slashes deeply into the ribs of the fiend, shearing down to the spine. But her training tells her it is not a finishing blow for a creature this foul.

Missed the crit by a point, sorry.

Great, however, is the power and glory of Sarenrae... even as Lyrica pulls the blade free, fire courses from within her arm, up the blade, and dances across the bones of the fiend. Vertebrae split and crack like kindling. The skull caves in like a house afire. White flames race across the entire skeleton, consuming it in an instant. Nothing, not even ash, is left to mark the creature's passing.

The Paladin triumphs! With the 2x Smite DAM bonus, you bring it exactly to 0 HP. :)


DM

Even as the dagger leaves his hand, Jak realises that a blade may be of little use against a skeleton. Still, his throw is true and he buries the blade in Old Sloane's remaining eye-socket. Blue arcane energy, like lightning, courses through the creature's skull as it pulls the dagger from its face. Then the magical energy does its work - unknitting the necromantically bound joints of the monster. Old Sloane comes apart, falling into a haphazard pile of bones on the greasy field.

Or at least, they appeared haphazard initially. Jak sees that the largest bones seem to spell out a word or perhaps a name... before they begin to slide across the slick field and become unintelligible as they merge with the rest of the bone pile.

He cocks his head to read the word quickly before it vanishes... Angarak.

Jak is victorious!

Round: 3

ORDER:
Aerik then Black Root
Out of Combat: Ezekiel, Marcus, Lyrica, Jak


DM

Just a quick clarifying math note... Lyrica, your damage would be 11 not 13. You gain 2x Pally Level DAM on the first strike alone not in addition to your standard 1x Pally Level DAM for Smite. So the first hit against an Undead, Evil Outsider, or Dragon your Smite does +2x(level) and then reverts to + 1x(level) after that.
I used the corrected math in the battle result post - and, lo, the baddie is dead. :)


Jak considers the word as he retrieves his blade and torch (if it's still alight). As he sheathes both blades, he racks his brain for any reference to Angarak. A name? Place? Creature?

Knowledge: Local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Knowledge: Planes: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Giving the dark stream one more wary look, Jak decides it's more than past time to get back to the Drear, moving as quietly as he can. As he stalks away from the sight of the struggle, he gives one last look over his shoulder towards the now-gone bones, "Sorry, old man, but you're not exactly the Ruske I was hoping to tangle with tonight."

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

What is the light conditions now? Is the moon shedding much light anymore? Is Jak under trees? I'm trying to determine if he should snuff out his torch and use Light when he needs it, or if he'd pretty much need it all the time because of the darkness.


DM

The large moon casts a bloody light on all it surveys...

Jak - inside the gorge/valley you are pretty much out in the open and the moon is fairly bright although glowing red. Count it as dim light. Your torch is still good and I'd recommend using a light as you will pass through dark areas on your climb back to town.
Outside the gorge, where the trees are abundant - light is mandatory.


(hp 38/38, AC 17, T 11, FF 11, Initiative +1, Perception +5, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +10)

After the skeletor erupts in flames and becomes consumed, Lyrica falls down on her knees in exhaustion. After a moment of deep breathing, with her heart racing, she clasps her hands together in prayer and looks skyward.

"Blessed, Dawnflower. You abide in me day and night! I thank you for this moment and for guiding me to life in my first battle. You allowed your flame to shine brightly in me and through me and through your grace, the creature of death was vanquished. I thank you! Please give me the strength and courage to face whatever evil may come to this land, and guide me to serve you and others who are in need of your grace. Amen!"

Lyrica stands up, sheathes her scimitar, and moves over to pick up her shield.

She takes a deep breath and then rushes back to her house to see if her family is safe.


Keeping the torch, then. If he runs into anything, he may be able to do some shenanigans with it. :)
Ya know... like arson.


DM

Giving a skeleton a 'hot-foot'?

Jak wracks his brain for any knowledge of an Angarak but comes up blank. He consoles himself with the fact there are others in town who may recognize the name.

The appropriate rolls would be K:Local or K:Geography. Sadly, your K:Local was not high enough.

Jak Only:
Your K:Local roll and broader knowledge of 'this and that' would bring to mind a dubious - but possible - resource for info. There is an old hag, Zarzanna, that lives far outside town, a couple of miles past Aerik's hut. She doesn't have much to do with the town, although it is rumored that girls that get in a 'spot of trouble' may seek her out to discreetly solve issues that they wouldn't trust to the Bonesetter, midwives, or Aerik to handle. Your mother seemed to respect her but you really didn't speak with her about Zarzanna much. Perhaps Sara (your eldest sister) would know more.


(hp 11/35, AC 18, T 13, FF 15, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

Aerik curses loudly as the hell tree lazily bats aside another swing of his makeshift torch.

1d20 - 2 ⇒ (10) - 2 = 8

Status:

HP: 14/14
AC: 17, 13 touch
CMD: 15
Fort: +5, Ref: +3, Will: +5


The Black Root lashes a knotty root at Aerik - attempting to break his knee. The Druid pulls his leg free in time to avoid the worst of the blow.

Slam (20/2x) v AC:17
HIT: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
DAM: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Round: 4

Next Up... Aerik


stormraven wrote:

Marcus races by the floating Skull and deftly dodges its snapping jaws. He delivers a ringing axe blow to the back of it - sending bone splinters flying. A crack forms and winds its way like lightning up and over the crown of the skull. The monster spins slowly, regarding the Ranger with malice.

Marcus summons up the strength for a second attack and drives the massive lumber blade into the hairline fissure that creeps across the frontal plate. It is a wood-splitting blow that works equally well on massive undead skulls. The skull shivers and explodes, hurling bone-shards across the hillside and burying large chunks in the nearby trees.

Marcus is victorious! Knock off your Hero Point.

Slam AoO (20/2x) v AC: 17
[dice=HIT]1d20+4
[dice=DAM]1d8+3

Marcus stows his weapons and shield and picks up the lantern before running over to Eluon.

Are you alright? C'mon, we've gotta get out of here. He holds the lantern in one hand while putting his other arm around Eluon to help him walk.

As they walk back to town, he'll speak up again, keeping his voice hushed in case anything else is lurking about: This seems like a dream, and a bad one at that. What the hell is going on here, anyway? Do you think anyone back in town could have an explanation for all this, and I don't mean just 'the gods-damned world is ending' or some such nonsense?

He smiles then, to take the edge off, and says: Say, I know you're thick-headed, but what gave you the bright idea of headbutting a giant skull, huh?


DM

Lyrica rushes back towards Dies Drear, passing in the wake of the Black Mist. Dead animals, crumpled and destroyed, litter her path. Few things escape the touch of the nightmare blight - birds, fish, foxes, even bugs fall to it. Worms crawl from the earth to thrash and die on the forest's floor. Even some trees appear twisted and deformed by the passing fog. Their trunks cant at odd angles now. Their branches stretch down towards the ground like thin-armed beggars. Erupting from them are grey thorns that catch at the hair and clothing of the passing Paladin.

Jak stalks carefully back towards the Drear from down valley. He climbs cautiously through the culvert choked thick with dead wildlife and pinned under the remorseless lens of bloody moonlight. The smell of despair wafts through the thin air - bitter and cold. Every footfall seems to echo loudly and then die suddenly as if its presence intrudes on a silence that prefers to remain unbroken. Jak's journey up the narrow gorge is like a walk through a vast empty hallway - a long-sealed crypt.


Marcus has to half-walk and half-carry Eluon down the mountain. To his credit, the lumberjack tries to stagger along as fast as possible.

Through the bloody and bruised ruin of his face, Eluon words are full of shock. "I can't believe anyone would know about this, Marcus. This is beyond any old wives' tale I ever heard - and I heard'em all."

Both men note the subtle and gross signs of corruption: twisted trees sprouting thorns, dead wild-life, even the wind seems to have shifted from its normal howl to a funerary lament. Neither comments on it, very real worries about their homes and families coming to the fore.

As they stumble down the mountain, they notice a thin flicker of light off to the right some distance away, just past the tree-line's edge. It might be a torch but it is impossible to tell from this distance in this alien, crimson-stained, landscape. The direct path to Dies Drear is down the mountain. Checking on the eldritch light would make the journey longer.


(hp 38/38, AC 17, T 11, FF 11, Initiative +1, Perception +5, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +10)

With her heart racing and her legs running so fast, Lyrica hardly takes time to notice the changes in her beloved homeland. Tears are streaming down her face as she glances at animals lying dead on the forest floor.

My God, what has happened here?! Please let Papa be safe! Let Mama and Allegra, and Melodica all be safe! Dear Sarenrae protect them! Please don't let the darkness devour them like it has all the life in this area! My God, please keep them safe! Keep them safe!

"Ughhh!" she screeches as her hair gets caught in a looming branch! Why are these trees so thorny? I've never remembered them being this sharp! What is happening to my world?!"

Untangling herself, and ignoring her own wounds, the young girl speeds onward to find her family.

Constitution Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

When she is too tired to run, she will hustle onward to the family farm.


Jak continues on through the darkness. It's not lost on him that the black mist -- the mist that made a ten-year-dead fisherman rise from the water and killed what appears to be all the small animals in the area and warping the trees -- was making its way to Dies Drear. His pace quickens, but he keeps himself from flat-out running. Won't help anyone if you blunder into another departed village-folk who guts you on their sewing needles.

I'l just assume the old perception/stealth rolls are in effect until they seemingly get used or Jak gets to town... or until you call for another one, SR.


(hp 11/35, AC 18, T 13, FF 15, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

Aerik whiffs again, thinking longingly back to the time when a pack of hyenas decended upon him, and he was able to pierce their fleshy hides with his spear. :(

1d20 - 2 ⇒ (10) - 2 = 8

Status:

HP: 14/14
AC: 17, 13 touch
CMD: 15
Fort: +5, Ref: +3, Will: +5

So uh, which way leads back to town? I'm seriously considering dropping an entangle and just fleeing this fight. Statistically, this thing will pound me into paste before I can land a hit.


If he got entangled, he'd also take a -2 to attack rolls and a -4 to Dex (-2 AC). So even if you decided to continue fighting him, your chances of hitting/surviving improve a bit. :)
Just a thought (tha's what i was hoping to do with Grease)


DM
Aerik Wynn wrote:
So uh, which way leads back to town?

Ah the grim reality...

Orbital Map

This map is oriented appropriately (North is Up). The higher elevations are to the South. The Red X is the location of Dies Drear, and the character icons are, of course, you guys. The blue magical pulses show the Black Mist 'wave' from the approximate direction (but not distance) of its starting point.
Basically, as soon as it passed Jak, Marcus, and Aerik the wave had already rolled over Dies Drear. All that is left to you folks, is to witness the aftermath.


Aerik leaps over the whipping roots that try to snare him but can't deflect the stone fangs that bury themselves in his calf. The Black Root chuckles and drinks the Druid's blood greedily.

Slam (20/2x) v AC:17
HIT: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
DAM: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Round: 5

Next Up... Aerik

A's HPs: 7|14
E's HPs: 3|10
J's HPs: 7|10
L's HPs: 5|15
M's HPs: 14|14


DM
Jak Howell wrote:
I'll just assume the old perception/stealth rolls are in effect until they seemingly get used or Jak gets to town... or until you call for another one, SR.

I'm down with that method. I'm happy to let rolls ride until I ask for a new one. Why bust up a fun narrative with unnecessary rolls, eh?


knowldge: storytelling 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10.
I don't know... why?

:P


DM

: The DM pulls out a miniature of Urgathoa and debates placing it on the map in front of the Bard character... :


(hp 11/35, AC 18, T 13, FF 15, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

Reeling from his foes powerful attack, Aerik rethinks his battle plan.

I'm of no use to anyone if I'm dead.

He says a quick prayer to the gods of the forest, and disengages, moving through the rough terrain as though it was a field of soft grass.

Just a little more. And I should be able to lose this creature.

Free Action: Domain power for Freedom of Movement

Full Round Action: Withdraw, 60 ft due west. He may move slightly North as well. I can't see west of me on the current map, but basically his goal is to keep 60 ft of rough terrain between him and the Black Root, if possible.

Status:

HP: 7/14
AC: 17, 13 touch
CMD: 15
Fort: +5, Ref: +3, Will: +5


DM

Aerik - The treeline is East, approximately 35'-45' away from the Black Root. That distance stays consistent as you go North and expands as you head up-mountain (South). The broken scree extends both North (100') and West (150') of you.
What is your overall goal? Get a serious distance between yourself and the Black Root before heading to town? Keep heading West? Something else?


(hp 11/35, AC 18, T 13, FF 15, Initiative +3, Perception +9)
stormraven wrote:

Aerik - The treeline is East, approximately 35'-45' away from the Black Root. That distance stays consistent as you go North and expands as you head up-mountain (South). The broken scree extends both North (100') and West (150') of you.

What is your overall goal? Get a serious distance between yourself and the Black Root before heading to town? Keep heading West? Something else?

He wants to get far enough from the Black Root to eventually lose it, before going back to town. Don't wanna lead it back to start attacking people. is it 150' west of me after i move 60 ft west or before i do? if it is 150 before, then after i withdraw that makes almost a perfect square left, and I can start going due northwest. if not, ill probably still go due west for a little bit.

Basically, he wants to get away from this thing, hopefully ensnare it with his entangle spell, and then use the entangled-ness of the black root to buy him some time to get away. of course, he will have to drop his torch to have a hand free for entangle, so he will be needing to cast light pretty shortly after that.


DM

I think we can handle this narratively...

The Druid sprints off across the broken terrain skipping lightly over the crumbling stone and undeterred by the gusting winds. The Black Root attempts to give chase but cannot keep pace. The sliding scree slows it and departing even further from the safety of the woods seems to unsettle it. As Aerik reaches the trees on the far side the Black Root, not nearly halfway across the scree, retreats back towards the trees from which it emerged. The air is filled with its black curses and promises of retribution in a bastardized form of Sylvan.

Aerik enters the tree-line and makes sure his movements can't be seen before he shifts course abruptly and moves with haste back towards Dies Drear.

Aerik escapes the snare!

COMBAT OVER


(hp 11/35, AC 18, T 13, FF 15, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

aw yeah! so does that mean i didn't have to use my entangle spell? or is that what happened after i used it?

oh, and after he is safely away, Aerik will cast light on his shield, and draw his dagger incase he is attacked by anyone (or anything) else on the way back to dies drear


DM

You didn't need your spell. So you still got your BOOM-stick!


Ezekiel sits for a moment, looking about for any other immediate dangers. Not seeing any, he reaches into his bag and removes several mixtures. Taking a moment to carefully mix them, he creates a healing draught, though he has only managed to define one for himself at present. Drinking the draught, he stands shakily on his staff and begins heading back to town, torch in hand. "I can only hope everything is all right."

Take 1 minute to make an extract of CLW, drink it for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 healing, then begin heading back to town.

101 to 150 of 2,582 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Silent Gods All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.