Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Siege of the Society (Phoenix Battalion) (Inactive)

Game Master Jarred Henninger


151 to 176 of 176 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

Male Human Ranger(Beastmaster) 1 / F+3 R+6 W+2 / Init +4 / Perception +6

Ok sorry about that.


Male Human Ranger(Beastmaster) 1 / F+3 R+6 W+2 / Init +4 / Perception +6

Hearing the laughter, Argus smiles and drops his bow, drawing his axe as he moves around the corner before burying it in the orcs brain.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

1d12 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Free action to drop bow, move to move and draw as part of move, single attack with +2 for flanking with Manfred


Outpost Map

{b]Brahg! you are starting to annoy me![/b]
The orc seems more serious now that the 2 of you have steped up to him.
the orc 5 ft steps out of flank and attacks Argus.
Attack 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Damage 1d12 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21


Male Human Ranger(Beastmaster) 1 / F+3 R+6 W+2 / Init +4 / Perception +6

Whenever my turn comes around again, Argus steps with the Orc, ending 5 foot step in Z 25. He then attempts to chop the orc in half.

Argus laughs and says I am shaking in my boots ugly. before swinging again.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

1d12 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Male Human Paladin L1-- AC 18-(T11-F17) | hp 13/13 | F+5, R+1, W+1 | Init+1; Percep -1 | Status: A little sick

"You made your choice, Orc." Sir Manfred grits out, grimly continuing the attack, shifting to (Z,23). He may provide a flanking bonus, but won't use one himself.

Longsword Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 for a possible 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 cutting damage.


Gundahar quietly continues to bleed where he fell.

Damn that orc hits hard


Outpost Map

Bleeding profusely the orc has begun to babble incoherently. as he continues to attack Argus, his strikes seeming to lack the power they once had. stoped using power attack

Attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Damage 1d12 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


Male Human Ranger(Beastmaster) 1 / F+3 R+6 W+2 / Init +4 / Perception +6

...and Argus is at -7.


Male Human Paladin L1-- AC 18-(T11-F17) | hp 13/13 | F+5, R+1, W+1 | Init+1; Percep -1 | Status: A little sick

Sir Manfred is startled to see Argus felled with one blow. The other orcs could not do so, He thought, coming around for another strike. This must be an enemy leader.

Longsword Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 for a possible 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 cutting damage.

Got to draw him out of this alleyway...
Sir Manfred steps back a square and calls out "Tornado! Come!"
Tornado will start towards where Sir Manfred is.


Outpost Map

you call a horse to fight me? Strange human.
the orc follows his new target and attempts to strike.

Attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Damage 1d12 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


Male Human Paladin L1-- AC 18-(T11-F17) | hp 13/13 | F+5, R+1, W+1 | Init+1; Percep -1 | Status: A little sick

Again deflecting a bone crushing blow, Sir Manfred makes a quick slash at the orcs belly.
Longsword Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 for a possible 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 cutting damage.

Then he takes a step back to [Z,21] and commands "Tornado! Attack!" Designating the orc with his sword.

Tornado trots up to the orc and up and attacks, rearing up and attacking with his hooves.
Hoof 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 for a possible 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 crush damage.
Hoof 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 for a possible 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 crush damage.


Outpost Map

With ser manfred's retreating strike the orc staggers and finally falls. A bored Hengest, who was supposed to wait at the cave comes wondering out of the forest, declaring that things were taking to long so he came to see how he could help.
Channel 1d6 ⇒ 2
Channel 1d6 ⇒ 5
Channel 1d6 ⇒ 6
Channel 1d6 ⇒ 2

While this is going on Ser manfred has time to secure the rest of the camp and collect the spoils of victory.

Loot:

Orc Ranglers Chain Shirtx2, Sapx2, 100Gp
Orc Leader Greataxe, Longbow, Comp. (Str +4), Masterwork Scale Mail, Potion of Cure Light Woundsx2, Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds, 539Gp
Training SuppliesAnimal Harness (3), Bit and bridle (3), Cage, Large (3), Feed (per day) (30), Saddle, Exotic (Military) (3), Saddlebags (empty) (2)


Male Human Paladin L1-- AC 18-(T11-F17) | hp 13/13 | F+5, R+1, W+1 | Init+1; Percep -1 | Status: A little sick

Sir Manfred will organize the healing of the party members wounded in the line of duty, the systematic looting of the enemy encampment, and arranging things we can't take with us are ready to burn.

Then he spends a minute contemplating the sleeping Hippogriff.
What can we do with these creatures? (How many of them are there again?) He muses to himself. I do not wish to slay them out of hand. Can we shoo them away? Or will they just come back to familiar surroundings again? Could we take them with us?
Handle Animal: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

"What do you think Tornado?"
The horse just nickers at him.
"Thanks."


Male Human Ranger(Beastmaster) 1 / F+3 R+6 W+2 / Init +4 / Perception +6

Argus wakes up and shakes his head groggily before looking around and saying dazedly Did we win?

Once getting the affirmative and seeing Ser Manfred approaching the hippogriff in a manner that looks to have him getting his head bit off, Argus moves over to help diffuse the situation and attempt to calm the hippogriff.

Handle Animal 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Do the Hippogriffs look trained? Are their materials for riding or saddles around?


Male Human Paladin L1-- AC 18-(T11-F17) | hp 13/13 | F+5, R+1, W+1 | Init+1; Percep -1 | Status: A little sick

I think the one in the middle of the camp got hit by a Sleep spell.


Outpost Map

The sleeping hippogriff has been trained, the others have not. all the materials you need to ride or train the hippogriffs is here.

There are 3 hippogriffs, 2 in cages and 1 sleeping.

Argus is able to calm the hippogriffs down (the ones in the cages were getting restless)


Male Human Paladin L1-- AC 18-(T11-F17) | hp 13/13 | F+5, R+1, W+1 | Init+1; Percep -1 | Status: A little sick

"What do you think Mr. Pike? Just open the cages and shoo them away?"


Male Human Ranger(Beastmaster) 1 / F+3 R+6 W+2 / Init +4 / Perception +6

"No. These would make extremely valuable mounts for scouts. A force of these could help the war efforts significantly. After all most of warfare isn't on the battlefield but in who has the best intelligence on the enemies positions and movements.

Argus will gently wake the sleeping hippogriff and get it acclimated to his touch. Once it is secured so that it does not fly off he will begin to quickly get the other two familiar with his scent and the scents of the others. He obviously does not expect them trained anytime soon but is trying to see how feasible it will be to get them to follow their trained broodmate back to the encampment.


Slowly climbing to his feet, Gundahar watch Sir Manfred and Argus' attempts to calm the hippogriffs. After several minutes he slowly regains and his feet walks over to join them.

Do we have the ability to transport these beasts back to the outpost or should we simply dispatch them?

In either case, I would would recommend torching this training facility. It will increase out danger on the return trip but deney the enemy a valuable resource.


Male Human Paladin L1-- AC 18-(T11-F17) | hp 13/13 | F+5, R+1, W+1 | Init+1; Percep -1 | Status: A little sick

Sir Manfred will aid Argus as best he can.
Considering how badly he fumbled earlier, he will take a 10 on his Animal Handling skill for a 16 total.


Male Human Paladin L1-- AC 18-(T11-F17) | hp 13/13 | F+5, R+1, W+1 | Init+1; Percep -1 | Status: A little sick

Sir Manfred will organize the removal of the hippogrifs, the looting of the camp and then light the camp on fire when we leave to go back to Phoenix base.


Gundahar will assist Sir Manfred, gathering any items that may be of value (such as the strength bows).

We had best move rapidly. The smoke from that fire is going to let every patrol within 20 miles know something has happened to the training facility


Outpost Map

Everything you need to transport and care for the hippogriffs is there in the camp of note are the Animal Harness (3), Bit and bridle (3), Cage, Large (3), Feed (per day) (30), Saddle, Exotic (Military) (3), Saddlebags (empty) (20. There are also several varying lengths of rope, hemp, and 5 nets. This is not in addition to the loot noted earlier

as you are searching for items of value you find a letter stating that someone named Oakir will be coming by in 3 days to claim his new mount.


Gundar will take the letter and assist Sir Manfred with harnessing the hippogriffs.

Sir Manfred, if you care to lead our new caravan to a safe distance with the others, I will fire the encampment


Male Human Paladin L1-- AC 18-(T11-F17) | hp 13/13 | F+5, R+1, W+1 | Init+1; Percep -1 | Status: A little sick

"Right. Company forward!"
Sir Manfred proceeds to lead the caravan off.


Gundahar will use his flint & steel to start a fire then, after ensuring several buildings are alight, join Sir Manfred and the others for the return trip home.

151 to 176 of 176 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Phoenix Battalion-Siege of the Society All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.