Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Siege of the Society (Dragon Battalion) (Inactive)

Game Master Matt, Garnished Game Designer

Welcome Dragon Battalion to the Siege of the Society!


51 to 100 of 212 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

Male

Ruby heads down to the water flow out, he looks studying it.

1d10 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 eng roll

he whispers "we may have to do this the hard way" Just as the half orc tugs. A bit shocked he stands back.


eng roll?


Male

Engineering roll


Doctor Ruby Redhat wrote:
Engineering roll

multo bene

===

The grate cracks loudly and collapses into the water. It appears that nothing was heard up above. Through the now opened passage, you see that the water flows down into a natural pool into the basement of the tower, forming a deep well. The water most likely runs even deeper before exiting somewhere else.

Getting safely through the grate without being pushed deeper requires a DC 10 Swim check. Failure means you are sucked into the current.


Male

Ruby looks around,
we need to rope up before we go in their, we may even need to take our armor off,

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc (HP:12/12, AC:17/16/11, F+3,R+1, W+2, Init: +3 Perc:+0) Paladin 1

"A wise decision Doctor."
Victor looks around for a tree or something to tie a rope too that's not too far away. If there is one he ties rope onto it and takes off his armor and stows it along with his weapons.

Then he will take the rope with him as he attempts to swim through the grate.

Swim check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17


Male

Ruby holds up his musket and follows,
casts detect magic down the water way looking for wards.
then hold onto the rope and head in if no ward.
swim check 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4

Well that rope better be in place


I will be away attending a ceremony and concert. I'll be back tomorrow around noon.


Male

swim roll 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11


Male

ruby Trys to get back to the Rope

R2 swim roll 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17


Not to think I disappeared or something, I'll post what Porter is doing, although that is not really important at the moment - waiting to see what will happen with you guys

Still hiding behind his cover, his gun trained at the ratfolk above, Porter kept vigil being ready to act if any of them should notice Ruby or Victor. Seeing that gnome was thrashing in the water, as if he got in some kind of trouble, Porter whispers towards the elven rogue: "Vardyr, please go quietly and see if you can help Ruby before he alerts half of the fort"


M Elf Rogue lvl 1/ Hp-8/8 / AC - 16 / Fort - 0/ Ref - 7 / Will - 1 / Initiative - 4

Nods to the gun man and slowly makes his way to the tiny "doctor".
Swim roll 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16


M Elf Rogue lvl 1/ Hp-8/8 / AC - 16 / Fort - 0/ Ref - 7 / Will - 1 / Initiative - 4

As he slowly makes his way to the tiny one, he sputters a word out through his mask.
Assistance?
The word comes forth in a manner that relays the query for need.
Swim roll 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


Tengu Witch 1 hp: 8/8; AC18/14/14; F:+1; R:+4; W:+2 init: +6

Not being comfortable this close to water, let alone swim, Neerwyn nervously awaits what will become of the gnome before entering the water himself.


Ruby manages to evade going deeper into the pool of water after successfully grabbing the edge and dragging into the basement, joining Victor and Vardyr.

The room you are in is large and appears to be a natural cavern. The walls are slick with moisture and plant life. A large ladder lies at the end of the cavern, leading up.

The pool of water leads deeper.


M Elf Rogue lvl 1/ Hp-8/8 / AC - 16 / Fort - 0/ Ref - 7 / Will - 1 / Initiative - 4

Offers a hand to the small one to help him up to his feet.
What now?


Male

Spitting out water, Ruby looks at his soaked powerful Horn and Musket,
Thank you Vardyr I would have been lost if it had not been for your help you have my Gratitude and I am in your debt.

Ruby holds his gun and powder then cast prestidigitation Gnome race spell 1/dayto dry them, then cast Mending to remove the condition of his gun.

That's better, ill have to dry the hard way. Now lets have a look at this ladder.

Ruby heads over, and has a good look.

+4 Perception roll 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Then Knowledge engineering roll 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


Porter casts a quick, nervous glance at Neerwyn.

"So, I guess it's just you and me, eh Coppertail? Well, if it's gotta be done, let me not tarry any longer" - he whispers, silently checking his equipment once again - "Cover me"

He then proceeds to untie this side of the rope, making sure Victor secured the other side. Next, he ties firmly Victor's stuff, double checking if all the knots are strong enough and firmly in place, and then waves to Victor to start pulling from his side.

When they finish, Porter (again) ties this end of the rope at the same place where it has been before, winking to Neerwyn - "You'll need it after me, so when I cross, untie it, put it around yourself and cross the lake. Good luck!"

Only when (if?) all the equipment has been properly transferred to the other side, Porter enters the water very carefully, and even without removing his armour starts to swim towards the other side, making sure that rope is within his reach all the time while swimming.

Usually I would just Take 10 here, but since I am not sure if this qualifies as Stormy water, I will add a roll as well, if needed
swim check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

EDIT: Well, it figures that I would roll low on Swim check! Waiting for GM to tell me what (if anything) happens

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc (HP:12/12, AC:17/16/11, F+3,R+1, W+2, Init: +3 Perc:+0) Paladin 1

Victor will wait by the pool of water to make sure everyone gets out of it okay.

After everyone is in he will dry himself and his gear as best he can then put on his armor.

"Vardyr, would you be so kind as to check and see what awaits us at the end of that ladder?"


Ruby:
Your knowledge of engineering only tells you that the cavern is natural and the tower was likely built atop it.


My apologies

Porter, the water pulls you strongly downwards but you have a chance to make it out. One more swim check good sir.

Still waiting on Neerwyn to cross and on the others to decide where to go from the cavern cellar.


Tengu Witch 1 hp: 8/8; AC18/14/14; F:+1; R:+4; W:+2 init: +6

With everyone inside, Neerwyn has no other option than the enter the water too. He takes Tiff out of her hiding place and tells her to fly inside, staying close to him. Then he takes a deep breath and inelegantly claws himself through the water.

OOC:

Swim check DC10: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12

Sorry to let you wait!


M Elf Rogue lvl 1/ Hp-8/8 / AC - 16 / Fort - 0/ Ref - 7 / Will - 1 / Initiative - 4

Noticing the possible peril the gun man might be in, Vardyr takes quick action! He rips the sil rope from the side of his pack and make a loop that he attempts to tie onto the shiny orc for support.

Sleight of hand roll 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

After this is done the giggling rogue tosses the other end of the line towards the gun man.

DC 5 Ranged toss roll 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Oh this will possibly be good! Vardyr softly sputters through giggles


M Elf Rogue lvl 1/ Hp-8/8 / AC - 16 / Fort - 0/ Ref - 7 / Will - 1 / Initiative - 4

Holding onto the rope with everything that he can Vardyr shouts to gunman
Hey gun guy! Grab the rope!

If my strength gives out then shiny orcs bulk should be able to hold gun guy up, but if he can't...

Hehehehe


M Elf Rogue lvl 1/ Hp-8/8 / AC - 16 / Fort - 0/ Ref - 7 / Will - 1 / Initiative - 4
Vardyr wrote:

Holding onto the rope with everything that he can Vardyr shouts to gunman

Hey gun guy! Grab the rope!

If my strength gives out then shiny orcs bulk should be able to hold gun guy up, but if he can't...

Hehehehe

For future reference as to whether or not the strength check succeeds on my part.

Strength roll 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (13) - 2 = 11

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc (HP:12/12, AC:17/16/11, F+3,R+1, W+2, Init: +3 Perc:+0) Paladin 1

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 20
Strength?: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
I'm pretty sure I'm not, but I think I might be cheating with these insane dice rolls.....or I'm wasting all my good ones on shenanigans :P

Victor just looks at the strange giggling elf as he ties a rope around him, when he sees the rope being tossed to Porter he understands and grips it tightly.

"Good idea Vardyr!"


Being helped by both Victor and the giggling elf, Porter grabs the rope and half swimming, half pulling on the rope, tries to make it to the other side of the water.

Swim check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


M Elf Rogue lvl 1/ Hp-8/8 / AC - 16 / Fort - 0/ Ref - 7 / Will - 1 / Initiative - 4

Helps pull the gun guy to his feet
Strength 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (17) - 2 = 15

This part is to speed things along, i'm doing these things in the background while everyone does their thing
Then heads to the ladder to check for traps or incongruities
Perception1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


M Elf Rogue lvl 1/ Hp-8/8 / AC - 16 / Fort - 0/ Ref - 7 / Will - 1 / Initiative - 4
Vardyr wrote:

Helps pull the gun guy to his feet

Strength 1d20-2

This part is to speed things along, i'm doing these things in the background while everyone does their thing
Then heads to the ladder to check for traps or incongruities
Perception1d20+7

Starts to panic reaching for his eyes

Hey guys... I think...I think... I'm blind...


Vardyr wrote:
Vardyr wrote:

Helps pull the gun guy to his feet

Strength 1d20-2

This part is to speed things along, i'm doing these things in the background while everyone does their thing
Then heads to the ladder to check for traps or incongruities
Perception1d20+7

Starts to panic reaching for his eyes

Hey guys... I think...I think... I'm blind...

Don't worry you're not blind, just unperceptive. No traps spotted


Tengu Witch 1 hp: 8/8; AC18/14/14; F:+1; R:+4; W:+2 init: +6

Once his talons are on firm ground again, Neerwyn quickly stretches out his hand and takes Tiff back in her hiding spot. Hardly noticing someone seems to have had a hard time getting through, Neerwyn is looking around to see if there's anything around besides the ladder and the pool.

"Well, there's no way I'm going back the same way we came in. I'd rather jump off the tower."

OOC:

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc (HP:12/12, AC:17/16/11, F+3,R+1, W+2, Init: +3 Perc:+0) Paladin 1

After putting on his armor and gear, Victor makes sure everyone else is ready and equipped before going up the ladder.

As he reaches the top he slowly climbs to the next level, (I'm not sure if there's like a manhole cover or something? If there is he slowly eases it open.

Stealth: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (20) - 4 = 16
really?! another natch?!


I will assume that Porter made it out OK, if not, I'll go back and simply edit/delete the post as needed.

Cursing under his breath and dragging himself out of the water, Porter sits on the dry land for a few seconds, trying to catch his breath, and let his muscles relax. Next he checks his equipment, taking great caution when checking if the powder is still dry or not. If/when satisfied, he takes his typical position at the back of the column/group, and moves a bit to the left or right, as needed in order to have proper are of fire, without endangering his unit members. Seeing that Victor reached for the hatch, he holds his breath, awaiting what will happen next.


M Human

Distracted by some odd nuance in the corner of the ladder Vardyr realizes that the large, crashy, and shiny orc has taken the task of sneaking up the ladder.

The ladder he told me to go check...

He shakes his head and flicks his forhead in silent beratement.

I've got to get it together

He readies himself for the orcs orders.


And here we go

As you open the hatch, you it leads into another underground level, most likely a basement or cellar of some kind filled with supplies. You can see two ratfolk standing guard by a large wooden door at the top of a short flight of stone steps.

The room is circular and around 70 ft. in diameter. From the hatch to the guards it's 50 ft. You can use the supplies as partial cover in combat.

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc (HP:12/12, AC:17/16/11, F+3,R+1, W+2, Init: +3 Perc:+0) Paladin 1

Victor lowers himself down a bit and whispers to his ally's,"Two ratfolk 50ft away, try to take them down quickly and quietly. Vardyr, your after me, then Porter, Neerwyn, and finaly Ruby. Any questions? Concerns?"


M Human

Pulls out some small needles with feathers on them and a black painted vial. Whirls them, slightly shaking the liquid contents.

Swiftly and silently?

Smiles mischieviously

I could give it a "shot" teeheeheehee

He giggles softly


Male

"Right you are Sir, after Neerwyn"


Tengu Witch 1 hp: 8/8; AC18/14/14; F:+1; R:+4; W:+2 init: +6

"Yes, yes, up please" Neerwyn says, rather fighting some ratmen than having to swim again anytime soon. Before climbing up the ladder, Neerwyn takes out his crossbow and loads a bolt into it.

OOC:

I missed a +4 to Swim from my Flight hex (flight? swim? huh?), I'm glad it didn't matter though)


Speaking very softly, Porter chimes in: "If you allow me - maybe we should either create a diversion and draw them near here, if possible, or turn there attention elsewhere while we climb the stairs? Or at least slow them down, silence them somehow? I can easily take one of them from here, but the sound of my, or Rubies for that matter, gun will wake up half of the fort."

A light or maybe a spark spell can confuse them for a round or so? This way, we all need one round per person to climb the ladders up, unless it is possible somehow to make our entrance in the upper chamber undetected?

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc (HP:12/12, AC:17/16/11, F+3,R+1, W+2, Init: +3 Perc:+0) Paladin 1

can we assume that the supplies give us partial cover as we enter the room from the ladder?


Victor O'rzet wrote:
can we assume that the supplies give us partial cover as we enter the room from the ladder?

You may assume so.


M Human
Dragon Battalion GM wrote:
Victor O'rzet wrote:
can we assume that the supplies give us partial cover as we enter the room from the ladder?
You may assume so.

I love how that was worded >.>

Steps to the side of the ladder and holds a dart and the vial carefully attempting to apply the black liquid under cover of the dark.

Roll to poison a blowgun dart with the Drow poison 1d20 ⇒ 2

EDIT: SUCCESS! A 2, BUT A SUCCESS!!!


M Human

I got it! he whispers

Gently places the dart in the blow gun and rises to take position to the top of the manhole.

Roll for stealth to get to the top of the ladder to peek out1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Roll for perception on surroundings above manhole1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 looking for traps, guards, things of interest.


M Human

hatch*

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc (HP:12/12, AC:17/16/11, F+3,R+1, W+2, Init: +3 Perc:+0) Paladin 1

Victor moves into position behind some crates.

"Once everyone is in position he takes out his sling and loads it, then whispers,[b]"Neerwyn and myself take the one on the left, Vardyr take the one on the left. If they don't fall and call out an alarm Ruby and Porter will target any left standing."

Sling: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Damage:1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


M Human

Taking his cue Vardyr readies his blowgun and places it loaded and within reach, he then takes out his short bow and nocks an arrow.

Stealth roll 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

Once the shiny orc prepares his sling Vardyr fires his first shot aiming for that sweet spot he knows so very well.

Roll to hit with Shortbow1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Roll for damage with Shortbow1d6 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 4

Roll for sneak attack damage1d6 ⇒ 6

Vardyr immediately drops his bow and picks up his blowgun, readying to fire at the other rat man.


Tengu Witch 1 hp: 8/8; AC18/14/14; F:+1; R:+4; W:+2 init: +6

Not really used to following orders, Neerwyn still felt excited as they all climbed up the ladder and started their stealthy assault on the ratmen. As he entered the room and followed Victor, Neerwyn raised his crossbow and fired a moment after Victor's sling stopped slinging.

OOC:

Stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Attack left ratman with crossbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Damage if I hit: 1d8 ⇒ 7


Male

Surprise Round
Initiative: Order of clime
HP 9/9 HP
AC 15

Ruby heads up last but keeps his head down, ready to heal if needed but this round no action no action.


Thanks to your superb sniping skills both ratfolk drop like stones.

You can search them and everyone needs to make a Stealth check for the noise caused.

51 to 100 of 212 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Siege of the Society (Dragon Battalion Gameplay) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.