Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Shrina Xul (Inactive)

Game Master OmniChaos

The drow begin to move, they march to reclaim the lost city. Their agents sent forth to impose their will and shape the lands abandoned long ago.


301 to 321 of 321 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

male Drow Noble Inquisitor 7

"I have never crafted anything." says Yasaen with frustration clearly in his voice.


Female Drow Noble Ninja 7

Solniss studies the interior of the smithy from the doorway while assessing the situation. "I do not possess the skills needed to craft weaponry," she says slowly, considering her words carefully. "But in the absence of any others in our group with the skill, if the spirit is willing to teach, I am willing to learn. A warrior should know her weapons, and what better way to know them than to craft them herself?"


M Drow Noble Magus 7

Crafting blades is beyond my skills...


AC 24 (Adjusted), HP 40/45

Then we either move on or attempt to do it ourselves. Let's see what we can find out.

Brixana will take steps forward again towards the door with her hands up in a purposely non-hostile fashion. As she returns to the spot she was in when she sustained damage, she stops to see if she continues to sustain damage.


Blue flames spring to life inside the smithy nearly up to the ceiling. You feel no heat only a coldness coming off from it. It is clear a powerful force has risen. The figure that was with in the building before is no where to found, hidden by the flames or consumed by them.

Perception DC 20:

You can make out sinister faces in the flames. As if the dead are eager for you to come near them.


AC 24 (Adjusted), HP 40/45

Is it okay to take 10 on a perception check like this? If so, it's a 21

Either way Brixana's eyes turn blue as a wall of blue energy surrounds her body.

She will cast "Protection from Energy: Cold" on herself, becoming immune to cold energy.

Let us see what we can find.

She steps inside the building into the flames. If anybody else is interested in joining her, she will cast "communal" on the entire party instead.

She will commence to take 20 on a search of the building, specifically looking for crafting tools, the anvil, billows, and the unfinished weapon.


male Drow Noble Inquisitor 7

I am going in. I will leave Monty outside if anyone decided to not come in.


Female Drow Noble Ninja 7

Solniss follows the cleric and the inquisitor into the forge, studying the entire area around them.

Perception to examine the area: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24


M Drow Noble Synthasist Summoner 7

Brang'el, having nothing to contribute at the moment, says nothing.


Those that try to get pass the flames find it to an unwise choice. They are violently thrown back by an unseen force while Brixana and those who joined her get the worst of it finding that dispite the cold the fire burns as normal. The winds howl and this time it starts to spin the night into slowly forming bodies around the Smithy. The sinister presence you picked up before has only grown stronger, an echo of laughter resounding on the wind.

Attack:

Dmg
1d6 ⇒ 6
Fire Dmg
2d6 ⇒ (5, 2) = 7

Perception DC 20:

The faces in the flames are smiling, beckoning you to come. They want you to stay and keep attempting to enter.

Perception DC 35:

Among the many faces you make out a lone small face of the elven spirit you found during the day. His face is uninterested as if he does not wish to be there but is simply along for the ride. You notice he seems almost asleep, his eyes barely open.

Everyone near the smithy takes 6 dmg and is thrown 10 ft. back. Those who attempted to enter also take 7 fire dmg. You have one round before the bodies are fully formed.


Perception: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (14) + 17 = 31

"These spirits are mocking us. Perhaps Brang'el's thought of burning this place to cinders is a better course of action. Or we can just leave this place to be someone else's problem."


Female Drow Noble Ninja 7

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20

Solniss recovers from the force of the blow, checking herself over to confirm that no flames cover her body as she draws her wakizashis and focuses on the smithy's entrance, preparing for battle. "These spirits seem to delight in mockery. As we seem to have no way to help the primary spirit that dwells here - assuming that it even wishes our help, which is a great assumption at this point - I see no point in remaining and facing an enemy against which we have little to no defense."

Current Status:
HP 39/52
AC 23 Tch 17 FF 17
Saves Fort 4 Ref 11 Will 4
Ki 4/5
Arrows 19/20


M Drow Noble Magus 7

Perhaps we should re-group near the building.
@ Brixana, Do you have any magical abilities that may aid us in finding out about the spirits and how to remove them? Like an Augury or something more powerful?


male Drow Noble Inquisitor 7

"It seems that until we appease them we can't take this place. I say we leave, get more information and come back later."

down 7 hit points


AC 24 (Adjusted), HP 40/45

With a bit of rest I can cast divination or augury. Lets retreat and formulate a question or just move on. Any ideas?


M Drow Noble Magus 7

I think we are okay with camping a distance from the smithy and attempting to decipher more about the spirits.


Female Drow Noble Ninja 7

Agreed.


Agreed


AC 24 (Adjusted), HP 40/45

Brixana will walk with the party to a flat area and setup camp, casting cure spells on whoever is missing health.

"I will prepare an augury, let us consider what questions would be appropriate. Also, everyone make sure you've activated your ancestral recall, or you'll be doomed to wake up to the dark-forsaken sunlight."


The night goes by in silence. The spirit's keeping nearly everything away. Yet even fear can be overcome and as you wake the next day you find that some things are missing. Otherwise you are refreshed and renewed by the rest. The holder of the ring gate gets a surprise as a scroll flies out and hits the nearest person in the face with a WHACK.

Everyone roll 1d20 and 1d6


Female Drow Noble Ninja 7

1d20 ⇒ 19

1d6 ⇒ 3

301 to 321 of 321 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shrina Xul All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.