Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Shrina Xul (Inactive)

Game Master OmniChaos

The drow begin to move, they march to reclaim the lost city. Their agents sent forth to impose their will and shape the lands abandoned long ago.


251 to 300 of 321 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

male Drow Noble Inquisitor 7

"I know a little about the undead, but it really depends on what type of spirit it is. Some can actually be negotiated with. Others just want to kill you. Hopefully we get something more reasonable."


Female Drow Noble Ninja 7

Resheathing her wakizashis and once more drawing and nocking her bow, Solniss remains close to the group as they prepare to move out again. "Considering how 'reasonable' our encounters have been so far, I would not hold out too much hope," she remarks grimly. "But hope springs eternal, or so I have been told, so it may yet prove negotiable."


male Drow Noble Inquisitor 7

That was supposed to be bold not in {ooc} code.


Female Drow Noble Ninja 7

Solniss will remain within about 20 feet of the next-to-last person in line, again taking up the rear.

Perception, taking 10: 23
Stealth, taking 10: 31
Survival, taking 10: 11


male Drow Noble Inquisitor 7

Survival: 17

Perception: 31

Stealth: :9

I think I need to work on my stealth for this game if nobody else is as loud as I am. I just have to decide what to give up for it.


Female Drow Noble Cavern Sniper 7

Hello. I am home again.

Laele Tuin will stay approximately 20 feet ahead of the party.

Perception, Taking 10: 23

Stealth, Taking 10: 26


Perception, Take 10: 10 + 17 = 27
Stealth, Take 10: 10 + 14 = 24
Survival, Take 10: 10 + 4 = 14


M Drow Noble Synthasist Summoner 7

Perception, Take 10: 10 + 8 = 18
Stealth, Take 10: 10 + 2 = 12
Survival, Take 10: 10 + 1 = 11


The party moves out once more and the going is slow yet again. The hours creep by and evening is fast approaching yet as they get closer to their destination the sounds of life dim slowly into silence. They encounter nothing but by the look of the fading light, they will find the forge by starlight.

You can choose to keep going in which case I need another survival roll etc or turn back to the base.


"Let us continue. We must be close. Just keep an eye out for further trouble."

Perception, Take 10: 10 + 17 = 27
Stealth, Take 10: 10 + 14 = 24
Survival, Take 10: 10 + 4 = 14


AC 24 (Adjusted), HP 40/45

survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


male Drow Noble Inquisitor 7

Survival: 17

Perception: 31

Stealth: :9


You finally make it to the deserted roadway where across lies the smithy. The smooth flat surface of the road is a welcome reprieve to your feet. Their is no sound, not even the whisper of wind as the empty shell of a building stands before you. It is a simple oviod building sitting next to a still pond, a miniature dock large enough for a person stretches a few feet across the pond to where a pole stands in the water, supporting a winch and bucket. A wide archway leads inside. Night is creeping as the day dies, their is no sign of life or anything for that matter. Only the forest plants that have grown over the whole city remain.

Night has fallen what are you going to do.


M Drow Noble Synthasist Summoner 7

Catch it


male Drow Noble Inquisitor 7

Survival check to check for recent tracks: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26.

If I needed perception then I would just rather apply whatever I roll to +21 so as to not slow the game down.


You do not find any tracks of any kind. As far as you can tell nothing has come or gone.


Female Drow Noble Ninja 7

Can we get a more elaborate description of the area? Are there any trees or piles of rubble here, or is the building in the middle of a clearing? Basically, is there anything I can climb to try to get a better look at the building before we actually approach it?

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30


Your currently in the middle of a fairly large main roadway. The area is mostly clear even off the road with nothing bigger then wild flowers and bushes. You can see the full might of the dense forest behind the building and a good distance slightly towards your left. As for rubble their is some behind you but nothing of greater then five or six feet which will improve your view little.


AC 24 (Adjusted), HP 40/45

Brixana will slowly approach the Smithy

"Here's our destination."

Channeling detect magic, she will take steps towards the door, keeping her eyes open for traps or other potential dangers.

As she gets to the doorway, she will slowly place an ear to the door, listening for anything inside.

Perception (Traps/Dangers): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
Perception (Listen at door): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

If anyone chooses to join her, she will wait for them to step/look/listen with her.

Every step here is contingent upon nothing happening on the prior actions


Female Drow Noble Cavern Sniper 7

Laele silently joins Brixana at the door, listening in to potential dangers.

Perception (Traps/Dangers) 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17
Perception (Listen At Door) 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14
Stealth 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19

Fantastic...


M Drow Noble Magus 7

Elrivor uses a wand charge on himself of Mage Armor. He then also casts shield.
Use Magic Device 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26


Female Drow Noble Ninja 7

How tall is the building, and are there any alternate routes in, such as windows? I'd prefer to go in by an alternate route (ANY alternate route) if at all possible. Sure, it might not make a difference to a spirit, but if there is anything ELSE here, not using the front door might provide us with an advantage. I have a grappling hook (and grappling arrows) and a rope to scale the wall and to provide assistance for anyone else that wishes to use an alternate route in. I'd like to use my original Perception check result as it essentially encompassed studying the entire area around us. In case I can't use it:

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14

Ah, such an auspicious beginning...*disparaging sarcasm*


Brixana and Laele feel a sudden temperature drop but its too late. They feel the warmth of their bodies being sapped as their breath turns to vapor and their skin pales. You also note that nothing else is effected not even the plants at your feet.

Damage
1d6 ⇒ 5

Both make a Fort DC 11 save or take 1 Str dmg on top of the dmg.

Its a single story building. It is fairly open with a wide eight foot arch entrance and back that leads to the small dock. While you cant see most of the inside their are no windows or other apparent openings, besides the chimney that is.


Female Drow Noble Cavern Sniper 7

Will there be a single attack in this campaign that does not involve ability score damage? I am not complaining, but we are really going to want to spend some of the party's funds on a Wand Of Lesser Restoration.

Fort Save 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


male Drow Noble Inquisitor 7

What knowledge check would let us know what causes this affect?


Stop making me roll spiders and wasp with venom as your random encounters. You could also leave the ancient spirit alone. Not like he is messing with anyone, you chose to mess with him. Should try to see it from his point of view.

You can use a Knowledge (religion) check.


AC 24 (Adjusted), HP 40/45

"Ahhh, the cold!"

Fort DC 11: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Know Religion DC 10+CR: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


Knowledge (Religion):

This cold is the work of a spirit, it draws on the life force. It's source is the will of the spirit that dwells here. Such things are known as huants and very hard to destroy once and for all. They can be temporarily supressed thru the use of positive energy. This particular huant will keep drawing life force as long as one remains in it's area of influence.


male Drow Noble Inquisitor 7

Most haunts have other ways of being dealt with other than positive energy IIRC. Is this one like that also?

I will just roll the knowledge check to find out.

knowledge(religion):1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18


You would have to know more about the spirit to even have a clue if it has a weakness. You can look at the tab sense you got the same result.


male Drow Noble Inquisitor 7

Anyone have knowledge history?


Female Drow Noble Ninja 7

Not I, unfortunately. Wasn't much call for it in my line of work.


Female Drow Noble Cavern Sniper 7

Laele Tuin isn't very reliable as Knowledge's goes.

As the cold envelops her, Laele Tuin grits her teeth and gestures in Drow Sign to Brixana.

Move away.

She darts away from the building, turns around, and readies her bow to fire at any moving target with a swiftness of hand that makes her movements almost invisible.


male Drow Noble Inquisitor 7

"If none of us know the history of this thing we may never bypass it. Are there any other potential places to use as a base around here?"


M Drow Noble Synthasist Summoner 7

Can we burn the place down. The whole point of using the forge as a base is that the elves avoid it.


AC 24 (Adjusted), HP 40/45

Brixana will return to the party
"This place is haunted by a restless spirit. I believe that I can channel enough energy to suppress it for a time, but it will likely expend a large amount of my energy for today. Once the spirit is suppressed, we can attempt to find out what is keeping the spirit on this plane by doing a full search of the building, or investigation of what might have happened here. Once we resolve the conflict, the spirit should be laid to rest. If not, we can simply move on and setup another base of operations. I believe that with a bit of work this place will do just fine. What are your votes?"


M Drow Noble Magus 7

Don't be cowards. Let's search the place, find a way to destroy the spirit and then we will have a safe place to use as a base that most creatures will avoid.


male Drow Noble Inquisitor 7

"I am in if everyone else is."


Female Drow Noble Ninja 7

"We've come all this way already, and I understand the Wovirl are not fond of agents who waste their time. I say we head in." With that, Solniss draws her wakizashi and steps toward the entrance, keeping out of direct line of sight of the massive doors.

Current Status:
HP 52/52
AC 23 Tch 17 FF 17
Saves Fort 4 Ref 11 Will 4
Ki 4/5
Arrows 19/20


AC 24 (Adjusted), HP 40/45

Brixana will step in slowly. Once she is within 10 feet of the building, she will channel positive energy to damage undead.

Channel: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 6) = 10


Brixana can sense that her channeling has weakened the haunt but it is still there and active.

Haunt takes 10 dmg.

The Exchange

If nothing else happens, Brixana will continue to channel, up to 6 more times until its presence has faded.

Channel: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 6) = 12
Channel: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 1) = 8
Channel: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 6) = 16
Channel: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 2, 2) = 6
Channel: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 3, 3) = 8
Channel: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 5) = 13


Brixana's next channel causes the haunt's presence to disappear. But a moment later a howling wind comes thru the night and a distant sound is heard.

CLANK CLANK CLANK

It begins to grow coming from every direction.

CLANK CLANK CLANK

A few more moments pass and you pin point the source inside the smithy. You can make out a faintly pale blue glowing figure moving inside. Small flashes of red light coming from it as well, the scent of smoke and metal drifting your way from time to time.

HISSSSSSSSSSSSS SKREEEEEEEEEEEE SKREEEEEEEEEEE

Brixana:

You sense a massive presence with in the smithy that you did not sense before. As if what you have encountered so far is the mere tip of the blade. The spirit is too old, endured too long. You know that fighting it is not an option, you would not stand a chance. What you do sense is a lack of malice, it has no bloodlust. Spirits linger for a reason, like ghost some can not be destroyed only appeased. The question is how?


M Drow Noble Magus 7

Perhaps we can try to talk with it, appease it? he looks at Brixana for guidance...


Female Drow Noble Ninja 7

"Sure. 'Hey, sorry we barged in like this and knocked down your door, but can we be friends?'" Solniss can't resist a worried chuckle as she responds with sarcasm. "Though I have no better ideas at the moment, and after our trip through the forest, NOT having to fight a spirit that we know little about sounds much more appealing than trying to dispatch something we're not even sure can be dispatched." Solniss grips her weapons more tightly, but leaves them lowered in what she hopes is a non-threatening posture.


M Drow Noble Synthasist Summoner 7

I still say burning the place down should be our back up plan.


AC 24 (Adjusted), HP 40/45

Brixana continues to focus in on the Smithy as she releases her second channel. After a moment,her eyes grow large and she begins to tremble quite noticeably.

"There is a powerful spirit inhabiting this building. Fighting is not an option, as it spells certain death. Judging on the circumstances, the only innately hostile action here as been from our end. Let me try something."

Brixana takes a step forward and opens her arms. She begins to breath deeply, and her eyes are now closed. With a voice deep with purpose:

"Oh great spirit, I sense thy powerful presence. What is thy impedance here on this mortal plane? If thou canst see into our souls, know that we are no allies of the elves of this realm. How might we rectify the injustice which has kept thee in this eternal unrest?"

Diplomacy (Improve Attitude): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33
Diplomacy (Make a request): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34

Improve Attitude DC's:
You can change the initial attitudes of nonplayer characters with a successful check. The DC of this check depends on the creature's starting attitude toward you, adjusted by its Charisma modifier. If you succeed, the character's attitude toward you is improved by one step. For every 5 by which your check result exceeds the DC, the character's attitude toward you increases by one additional step. A creature's attitude cannot be shifted more than two steps up in this way, although the GM can override this rule in some situations. If you fail the check by 4 or less, the character's attitude toward you is unchanged. If you fail by 5 or more, the character's attitude toward you is decreased by one step.

You cannot use Diplomacy against a creature that does not understand you or has an Intelligence of 3 or less. Diplomacy is generally ineffective in combat and against creatures that intend to harm you or your allies in the immediate future. Any attitude shift caused through Diplomacy generally lasts for 1d4 hours but can last much longer or shorter depending upon the situation (GM discretion).

Hostile 25 + creature's Cha modifier
Unfriendly 20 + creature's Cha modifier
Indifferent 15 + creature's Cha modifier
Friendly 10 + creature's Cha modifier
Helpful 0 + creature's Cha modifier

Request DC's:
If a creature's attitude toward you is at least indifferent, you can make requests of the creature. This is an additional Diplomacy check, using the creature's current attitude to determine the base DC, with one of the following modifiers. Once a creature's attitude has shifted to helpful, the creature gives in to most requests without a check, unless the request is against its nature or puts it in serious peril. Some requests automatically fail if the request goes against the creature's values or its nature, subject to GM discretion.

Request Diplomacy DC Modifier
Give simple advice or directions –5
Give detailed advice +0
Give simple aid +0
Reveal an unimportant secret +5
Give lengthy or complicated aid +5
Give dangerous aid +10
Reveal an important secret +10 or more
Give aid that could result in punishment +15 or more
Additional requests +5 per request


Brixana:

You sense black amusement, a feeling of being caught in an open lie or a foolish position washes over you. The world seems to fly forward in time before your eyes to the day. You see a pale blue glowing elven blacksmith with red hair tied back into a braid, lean muscles under his sleeveless leather jerkin go thru the motions of sword making. Dispite his trip to the pond for water and his hammering in his state he can effect nothing. The water is not drawn, the sword is not hammered, and the weapon is forever incomplete. Half finished for the past thousand years and more. The vision ends and your back in the night you left behind.

You are left with the impression that the spirit cares nothing for the conflict of the city. It's sole focus is the unfinished blade with in the smithy. The memory of past knowledge happens to come to you as well, the night empowers some other worldly powers. Their negitive aspects becoming more pronounced, turning even a gentle spirit violent.


Female Drow Noble Ninja 7

Solniss looks at the cleric, considering her statement. "Fighting is ALWAYS an option, even when the odds are high," she replies, but she sheathes her wakizashi any way. "But, this is far beyond my own experience, so I will assume that you know what you are doing and follow you accordingly. At least, unless and until circumstances prove otherwise."


AC 24 (Adjusted), HP 40/45

Brixana opens her eyes. Her hand is now to her chest, and she is panting heavily.

"Inside of this smithy lies the an unfinished blade of the original craftsman. He has been bound here for over a millennium. I felt his anxiety, pain, and agony. Perhaps if one of us were to complete the crafting process, he would be laid to rest. Do any of you possess such a skill?"

251 to 300 of 321 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shrina Xul All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.