Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Showing Scars (Inactive)

Game Master Runner188


351 to 400 of 465 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Damphir cleric

Perfectly...normal.

The voices however, are not.


Male Tiefling Wizard (Divination: Foresight) 1

It's like he said. He's normal, but things talk to him. You get used to it. Is there anywhere else that you think that Henneska's family could be?


Male Duergar
Spoiler:
young & advanced creature templates
Monk of the Gray Discipline

Take us to the cave. I will see that your wages and positions are covered whether by Henneska or I. It is the easiest and for me the only way that my lingering doubts about what you "claim" will be satisfied. And they will be verified or .....
Intimidate: I will use my free spell like enlarge to enhance the intimidate by walking right up under the one who seems "off" and enlarging suddenly.1d20 - 2 ⇒ (11) - 2 = 9


The men simply look at the dwarvish creature before them. We cannot take you there. But if you wish to investigate it, that is fine, and I will give you detailed directions, but Henneska would not trust any guards to take our place right now.

Nobody has rolled any sense motive's that suggest either of these two men are "off."


Damphir cleric

Because I can.
Sense motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


Kharn:
Everything seems normal. Gerram seems pretty scared, though it's probably something to do with the goblins.


Damphir cleric

Kharn grabs one of the skulls dangling from his attire and speaks to it in a hushed tone.
Do you suppose the Goblins will offer themselves to the Blood God? Kharn quietly chuckles. Yes, They will be made to contribute to the skull throne.


Male Tiefling Wizard (Divination: Foresight) 1

Alright, give me the directions and we'll let's go check out this cave.

Gax waits for the guards to give him directions and then heads back to the hallway and says to those waiting that they are leaving and to follow him. and then leaves, again moving at a pace to allow everyone to follow.

When (if) they get outside, Gax turns to Averin and Durren and says Okay, you've tried to help us so far so now comes the time when we've traveled as far as we can with you remaining ignorant. So here's the deal: we've been hired to rescue the family of the man who owns this house - he suspects they were kidnapped for political reasons. The only lead we have is that one of the guards who witnessed the attack was knocked out by a half-elf, who matches the description of the inn's attacker. He apparently smelled of the river, and the guards who witnessed it said the kidnap victims might be held in a cave by the river a ways outside of town. If you're interested in tracking down whoever made those people at the inn sick, you might be able to travel with us for a while. We could certainly use the help because we've heard the area of the cave is overrun by goblins. The cave is miles from the city, so you should be prepared to travel.

Andoran

Male Drow Paladin 1

Durren smiles and nods to Averin, then becomes serious again "Well we shouldn't waste any time than. Let's buy some supplies and get going"


Male Human Fighter 1 | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | HP 11/11| F +3 R +2 W +0 | Init+4 | Perc+5

As Averin listened to the story an increasing look of disbelief crept across his face. When Gax had finished, he said, "It's days like this that I wonder why I didn't just become a caravan guard. All right, I'm on board, but only on the assumption that you are going to fill in the large blanks in that story along the way." He turned to Durren and asked, "Anything you think would be especially useful? All I have right now are some sunrods."

Andoran

Male Drow Paladin 1

Durren thinks for a moment "I've always found some rope incredibly useful. Also a small mirror for checking corners"


Male Tiefling Wizard (Divination: Foresight) 1

Gax laughs at Averin's response. I agree there are large blanks in the story. The problem is I don't know what goes in them either.

Andoran

Male Drow Paladin 1

Durren can't help but smile "Well you're quite the diviner aren't you?" He chuckles and claps Gax on the shoulder, just to let him know it's all in good fun.


Male Gully Dwarf Rogue

oh, need shiny mirror. Have one in pouch Bullpup rummages around in his pack for a bit and then pulls out a rock that looks similar to the ones surrounding them in the garden.
This one special, want to see what it does?

Andoran

Male Drow Paladin 1

Durren has a curious look on his face "Yes, I would enjoy seeing what that does"

I feel like Gax, Averin and I will be doing much of the campaign driving lol


Male Human Fighter 1 | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | HP 11/11| F +3 R +2 W +0 | Init+4 | Perc+5

Averin looked through his pack, and looked as though he'd made a serendipitous discovery. "Oh yes, I have rope as well. I suppose a mirror would be helpful."

The thing that makes me hate the part of character creation involving equipment is that I don't know how crazy prepared to be. I see stuff like chalk, signal whistles, climbing gear and so on, and I think of how useful it would be to have stuff like that, and then I think that most likely it will just sit in my backpack taking up space. . .


Male Tiefling Wizard (Divination: Foresight) 1

Gax scowls a bit at Durren and grumbles wordlessly.


Male Gully Dwarf Rogue

Bullpup Laughs and then throws the rock at Durren's head

Attack improvised:1d20 - 4 ⇒ (10) - 4 = 6
unarmed Damage:1d2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

It is shiny and it hurts hehe. Bullpup jumps back and hides behind tobia


As you leave, the sun sits low on the horizon, casting a brilliant light over the city. The light shines off the rock leaving Bullpup's hand as it skips across the street.

Give me your shopping list, and I'll let you know what you can find and for how much. Then, unless you want to travel through the night, you should probably find an inn.

Andoran

Male Drow Paladin 1

Some food and a steel mirror. We probably need trail rations for everybody


@Durren you're able too find everything you need for 100% of it's value.

Andoran

Male Drow Paladin 1

How many days worth of food are we going to need?


Damphir cleric

I think I already have all I need for the journey so I will go with what I have.


I don't know if you're waiting on me for the answer to food, but the man said it's a days ride away.

Andoran

Male Drow Paladin 1

Ah my apologies. Since my character wasn't in on the last bit of RP I wasn't paying much attention. Well after we have enough food for everyone I see no reason to delay


Male Gully Dwarf Rogue

I am good to go when everyone else is


Are you traveling through the night then? Or is that a, we're ready for morning to get going?

Andoran

Male Drow Paladin 1

I believe the latter


You walk into an inn, a strange group of six people making the inkeeper stare. His gruff voice directs you to your rooms for the night. The night passes quickly, with the morning coming too early. By the time the sun breaks the horizon your party is ready to go. The first day of travel is easy and there is little trouble.

Feel free to rp any conversations you have on the first day of travel. Because you are not riding, it will take two days. So there will be a stop halfway through. When you've rp'd setting up camp and whether or not you are keeping watch, I'll move the story on.


Male Human Fighter 1 | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | HP 11/11| F +3 R +2 W +0 | Init+4 | Perc+5

Averin marched in silence for a while, though the wheels were apparently turning in his head. Finally, he broke his silence, "So we are going to clear out a cave full of goblins on the belief that these hostages are being kept there? Not that I'm complaining, I'm just making sure we are all clear." He walked on, alternately carrying his halberd and using it as a walking stick. "Though, if it is true, I wonder what measures are being taken to keep the goblins in line? I've heard some stories about what they do to prisoners, and I wish I hadn't."


Male Gully Dwarf Rogue

Goblins stand on line not in line. If in line cover them with dirt so they don't smell, hehehehe Bullpup pulls on the string connected to the dead lizard that is dragging on the ground behind him. Footie here will keep them in line.

Bullpup tries to turn around to grab Footie but the leash is short enough that footie moves every time Bullpup tries to grab it. This starts Bullpup running in circles and figure eights trying to catch the lizard that hops and slides over the terrain. The whole time Bullpup is scolding the lizard. After a few more minutes he gives up and says:

See what I mean, Footie very good at not getting caught


Male Tiefling Wizard (Divination: Foresight) 1

Sorry for delay in post. Gax would have picked up enough trail rations for a week before he left, and would memorize spells in the morning before departing. Also, the night before he departed he would have scribed a scroll of color spray, which he will keep in his belt pouch. Most of his supplies he would carry in his backpack which he is ready to drop if there is a fight. His light crossbow, quiver of bolts, harrow deck, and club he carries on his person (the club hanging from his belt, the crossbow and quiver slung over his back).

Gax starts off the day telling a story to his companions about his days as a court seer working for a Lord Darsdan in Absalom. Although the story starts off a little snide, and he drops a lot of names of supposedly important people none of his companions have ever heard of, the story has surprise twist when Gax's prediction about the future worth of a trade deal turns out to be false. Instead of being an annoying story about how great he is, the story twists into a humorous and self deprecating tale as its events escalate and Gax lies to cover up his failed prediction. In the story, he ends up being forced personally oversee the transport of a bargeload of produce to a tiny island village. The story has an increasing number of pratfalls and Gax is the brunt of most of his story's jokes, and he laughs along with everyone else at his antics. The story ends with Gax trading the worthless produce for even more worthless preserved fish and nearly being executed by his sponsor for losing a small fortune on the venture. Eventually, Gax is saved when a winter storm sinks most of the local fishing fleet and the value of the preserved fish skyrockets making the venture unexpectedly highly profitable.

At the end of the story no one is sure how much of it is true.

Anyone else care to share a tale? he asks as he finishes.

Andoran

Male Drow Paladin 1

Durren laughs loudly during the story, and at the end claps Gax on the shoulder "Now that's once I don't think I could repeat"


I fetch seeker, feed wisk and make sure i have all I need. then follow.
Bullpup, if you don't get in trouble and can bring me 200 goblin ears by time we finish this smelly business you can ride seeker.But...Footie will not be able to so he must either run away or hide in you gear.

Irori once guided those seeking redemption to an oasis in the winter highlands. There they were able with the blessings of comfort and guidance able to establish a safe haven for those that were lost or seeking perfection of both body and soul....... I speak very quietly riding on Seeker and proceed to tell the rest of the story of the monastery that I was trained in. I leave only the details about why and how I got there out. Those that haven't feel free to read my story background to get filled in


Male Gully Dwarf Rogue

I not get in trouble, I am smart Gully Dwarf. You really let me ride, really, really? I get you ears but yours look fine


Damphir cleric

Kharn is mostly mumbling nonsensical streams of consciousness under his breath as he walks along with the group. Occasionally he speaks a slight bit louder and you hear various references to places you don't recall ever hearing of, here and there a geographic location will be mentioned in his speech.


Male Human Fighter 1 | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | HP 11/11| F +3 R +2 W +0 | Init+4 | Perc+5

Averin didn't say much, though he seemed to appreciate the story. "I think I'm content with letting you be the story teller, Gax, I have a selection of my own, but none are as enjoyable as that one was."

Andoran

Male Drow Paladin 1

Unless somebody else has an objection, I think I'll move us on towards the first night Durren takes off his armor and begins setting up his tent, where he begins talking to Averin quietly "Quite an unusual group eh? I'm not sure half of them would be able to travel on their own"


Male Human Fighter 1 | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | HP 11/11| F +3 R +2 W +0 | Init+4 | Perc+5

"I know what you mean. I don't know about you, but I will be keeping an eye on Kharn, he looks like the sort to kill a man in his sleep, singing a happy song while he does it, and then claim to not remember in the morning."


Damphir cleric

AAAAhahahaha..... A happy song.

Heading to the nearest location that would shelter him from the elements, Kharn removes his scale mail, attached skulls clanking about, and drops it on the ground in front of him. Then, pulling out his bedroll, he wraps himself in it and lays down on his splayed out armor, apparently going to sleep.

Andoran

Male Drow Paladin 1

Durren keeps his face still while Averin talks, then nods as if he's agreeing about the weather "I'm not sure about him, but I can say this; I've met stranger men who are peaceful, and I've met more normal men who are pure evil. I won't judge him before he gives me a reason to" Durren hammers a stake of the tent in "However, I still intend to sleep with my sword"


Male Human Fighter 1 | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | HP 11/11| F +3 R +2 W +0 | Init+4 | Perc+5

Averin chuckled as if Durren had just told a joke, still laughing, he said a little louder than he intended, "That's one of the perks of growing up in Riddleport, friend. You learn early on to always sleep with your sword."

Andoran

Male Drow Paladin 1

Durren smiles and laughs, then turns and calls loudly to the party "How do we intend to keep watch? My darkvision should be useful for a middle one"


Male Duergar
Spoiler:
young & advanced creature templates
Monk of the Gray Discipline

I'll watch some. My friends will help not much gets past us three.
I feed Seeker

DM:
take a small chunk of meat and slip it inside my shirt to Wisk. 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31SoH.


Male Human Fighter 1 | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | HP 11/11| F +3 R +2 W +0 | Init+4 | Perc+5

"I suppose three poeple taking three watches will be about the best we can do. I will take the last." Averin said, casting a side gaze toward the less reliable members of the team. He then got his stuff together to sleep.


Male Tiefling Wizard (Divination: Foresight) 1

Gax's player suddenly remembers Gax has darkvision and leaps into action.

It may be better if we have four shifts of three hours so the spellcasters have enough rest and some time to memorize spells. I'll take the first watch, so I can get a full rest after. he volunteers reluctantly. I'll wake Durren when its his turn, and he in turn can wake Averin or Tobiaal.

Gax first eats and drinks while waiting and then wanders the edge of the encampment, attempting to conceal himself in the brush and darkness somewhere that gives him a clear view on the camp and its surroundings. During his watch he listens carefully and watches patiently. He leaves his backpack with the group bu keeps his weapons, cards and spellcasting components with him.

Stealth 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Perception 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9


So, here's what I have down:
1st watch:Gax
2nd:Tobiaal
3rd:Durren
4th:Averin

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 161d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 131d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

The night passes with ease. The only movement seems to be the sound of the river nearby and the moon drifting across the sky. The sun rises reflecting over the dry patched earth nearby, waking you all.

Bullpup, Gax, and Kharn:

Roll a fortitude save please.


Damphir cleric

fort save:dice]1d20+3[/dice]


That didn't work, I'll reroll for you.
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Kharn:
Nothing happens.

351 to 400 of 465 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Showing Scars All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.