Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Showing Scars (Inactive)

Game Master Runner188


101 to 150 of 465 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Duergar
Spoiler:
young & advanced creature templates
Monk of the Gray Discipline

not sure what happened with that roll here they are again in order
1d20 ⇒ 17 appraise
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30 perception
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21survival
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15 sm marcus
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21 sm henske


Male Tiefling Wizard (Divination: Foresight) 1

Gax looks around the room to try to gage what everyone's reaction to his foretelling is.

Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10
Sense Motive (Henneska) 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2
Sense Motive (Kharn) 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11
Sense Motive (Marcus) 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2
Sense Motive (Tobiaal) 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9

Then Gax stares down at the cards in front of him and then says There is much in the cards that is a mystery to me. He then looks up at Henneska There is information you have not given us. If necessary in any of that, bluff 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

For DM:
Depending on how successful Gax has been with this ruse there may be a situational penalty or bonus to a supposed bluff in here - basically Gax is hoping he can deceive Henneska into giving any information he has been holding out on - or just some hint as to where they should start the search. Besides, it's in his character to be all tricksy and prophetic.


Male Gully Dwarf Rogue

I guess I can look in the other room.

Bullpup wanders back into the common room and finds a darker place to sit and watch the hallway were tobia went.

Spoiler:
Perception check to see what is going on
Perception :1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Just so you know, you can edit your posts after you've hit submit post. Or you can preview them before submitting. That could help with formatting on things like the dice rolls above.

Tobia:
You are not sure what Gax would want from stacking the deck, though you can tell he thinks a lot of himself.

As far as the skulls, your time out in the wild tells you that they are real.

And what are you sming Marcus and Henneske for? Is it just to see if their last statements are true?

Gax:
Do you mind if I use your prescience for a moment? If you don't mind, then . . .

You feel an urge to pull another card. And place it near the rabbit king. When you do, you see it is "The Brass Dwarf," and somehow you know it belongs with the "Rabbit King."


Rolls:
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 141d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 211d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 181d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13

Henneska looks at each person in turn as they introduce themselves. He raises his eyebrows at Kharns introduction of "Timmy." Then stares at Gax' predictions. I do not think so Gax. I have not told you everything, but that is only for a lack of time. I am not "holding" anything back. Then he turns to the last person to introduce themselves, And you good sir? Who are you? he asks motioning to Tobia.


Male Duergar
Spoiler:
young & advanced creature templates
Monk of the Gray Discipline

sming hens and mar for general feel of their personality based on what I have seen and observed.

I am a wanderer and a seeker of names. I have been called many things but most recently Tobia. (TOE BYE AH)What is it you seek of us other than finding your family? I feel there is more to what you say and your intent behind it. Even a pack will fail in the hunt if the goal and the area of search is to wide. Before I commit I must know the whole of the task.


Damphir cleric

Right as Gax begins to introduce himself and make use of his harrowing deck, you all see Kharn lean back into the chair slightly and apparently glaze over into what would appear to be a daydream. This continues right up until Henneska finishes his reply to Gax. When Henneska finishes speaking, Kharn suddenly snaps out of his stupor and looks intently at Gax.

We have seen your lord, and master. The fair elf named Eress testified before your lord that you have the gift of divination. Would you be one to hear the voices?
*Kharn looks about the room, still talking, and still apparently directly addressing Gax.*
Does the door tell you its secrets about who comes and goes? Do signs about the city attempt to order you to take action? What is the limit of your gift that your lord Darsdan permitted the fair Eress to you to teach.
...
Do you see visions in the night of the dreams in which Warriors embarrass themselves by going to battle wielding a fish? Or the wizard who stands before his classroom and instructor and teleports only his clothes?


Henneska grimaces. That is the second time your group has asked me, and this is the second--and last--time I will tell you. There is nothing else in this. Henneska shakes as he responds. You think I care more for games than I do my family? They are the only thing I have been able to think about since last night. How to get them back without letting the scum, Henneska punctuates this word with a wave of his hand then continues, of this town know they have been taken.

He pauses for a moment breathing hard. I need my family back. That is all I ask. I may ask for more afterwards, but that will be under a different agreement, and there is time for it later. For now, this is all that matters to me.

Henneska puts his hands to his face shaking. After a few more moments, he looks up, I will tell you whatever you wish to know about them or the taking of them, but, his voice became hard, do not accuse me of holding back again.

Tobia:
As you measure Marcus again, you cannot tell anything beyond what you could the first time. He is noble and honest.

As for Henneska, you can tell that he is extremely frustrated, but he is telling the truth. You do not feel he is holding anything back. And you can tell he is extremely worried about his family.


Damphir cleric

What does the fist of stone look like? Does Head Councilman know details of fist of stone's associates? Or of one who does? Do the crime lords bicker amongst themselves?
...
mmHMM, GORUM.
...
seek the patterns, there are always patterns. Pieces of puzzles give a complete picture.
...
The powerful may even let their ego guide their path, like a wizard unable to admit their arcane power failed them. They may be goaded into action despite possible consequences.


Male Tiefling Wizard (Divination: Foresight) 1

Gax's hand is visibly shaking as he feels his prescience compelling him to flip over the next card. His true powers of foresight have nearly left him in the last few months of drunkenness and causeless drifting, so a true prophecy is something he is both desperate for, and terribly afraid of.

He stares down at the card as the bright figure on the brass skinned azer on the card looks up at him.

As Kharn begins to speak Gax looks intently at him. When Kharn speaks the name "Eress" Gax looks stunned and confused. When Kharn says "Darsdan" he turns as white as a sheet.

Gax remains in a stunned silence as Henneska responds to Tobiaal, and Kharn in turn responds to Henneska. Finally, Gax speaks slowly and with a resigned certainty:

Relax Councilman Henneska. We're going to help you. I don't think the fates would allow any other outcome. Tell us where we should start looking so that we can begin. Our group won't be complete until the "brass dwarf" joins us, but I fear we must not delay our search any longer.


Male Duergar
Spoiler:
young & advanced creature templates
Monk of the Gray Discipline

I will join but I will reserve the right to ask a question when we are completed with your task. Your word to answer honestly is required if you wish my assistance in this matter. Do I have it?

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
Sense motive on henske answer

I reach down and pet Wisk.

Spoiler:
I am thinking "hmm a magic user not with the gods, a crazy nonsensical clergy man, and an over reactive / good doing fighter...that makes quite an odd group for this quest. All we need now is a fiddling fingered dwarfling and we are set to ...well ... to.. ah...ah.. well we are set for something. Wonder where the dwarfling went. I should see if he is trying to feed or ride Seeker."

While you think of where to begin your story, so we have an idea where and with whom to begin,I will excuse myself to make sure the dwarfling isn't bothering my Seeker. I will return shortly.

So think well then tell the tale and start a day before it happened. I cannot nor will I rush in where your family may be endangered. You seem honest so I will take you at your word until or if you prove false.

Ben

Spoiler:
I have no real connection to anything close to a family so the concept is somewhat unfamiliar to me. And as a creature more wild than civilized, I tend to trust only somewhat what others say where I am not that familiar with body language of the different races.


Male Gully Dwarf Rogue

Bullpup sits in the corner for a few minutes watching what is going on around him and being generally bored. After a bit he notices that there is no one in the hallway that tobia went down. He quietly slips into the hallway and tries another door to see what interesting things he can find in it.

Spoiler:

I want to use perception to check the hall to verify it is clear and then stealth to try to sneak into the hallway without anyone seeing me like Jherrine, Then I threw in a disable device in case the door is locked, and a perception check to see what I can see once I get the door open.

Perception :1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
stealth :1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31
Disable device :1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Perception :1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


Male Tiefling Wizard (Divination: Foresight) 1

When Tobiaal speaks the word "dwarfling" Gax grins, a little manically and says under his breath Of course the rabbit king has a dwarfling to check on.


Rolls:
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Just as Tobia begins to move towards the door, it opens to reveal a small dirty dwarf-like creature looking around the room.

just to make sure you know, that is you Tim.

Tobia:
I know that it's all an in character thing for Tobia to mistrustfull, same with Henneska. He's been keeping "calm" all morning as he's been trying furiously to figure out how to get his family back, and then the people he hires question his motives . . . a lot. He exploded. I wasn't frustrated, Henneska was.


Male Duergar
Spoiler:
young & advanced creature templates
Monk of the Gray Discipline

perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

Ben

Spoiler:
I want to see where Gax's attention is. I don't like being called a rabbit because in nature a rabbit is weak and only meant to be taken advantage of; thus calling Tobiaa a rabbit is insulting. I also want to know where he is in regards to me.

Well did you find Seeker? young one..

Spoiler:
I am intentionally making a statement that will identify Tim and ignoring looking at him presently


Map

Tobia:
I cannot tell you where his attention is. He will have to do that. Although--from what I'm reading--that muttering was under his breath and your perception would have needed to be 25 or 26 to hear that from where you were. So you would have to be responding to the first time he did so, when he did the card reading.

Edit: Sorry I re-looked at it. 22 is the DC I'd set. You could hear it.

Henneska jumps when the door opens. His face turns white and he turns to see who has come in. When Tobia identifies him as one that he knows Henneska relaxes and sits back in his chair.

Then he looks back at Gax and asks Your brass dwarf?


Male Duergar
Spoiler:
young & advanced creature templates
Monk of the Gray Discipline

gax where is your attention when henske jumps and the door opens? I am curious after your comments about the cards.

Ben

Spoiler:
I am going to stand up and walk towards E5 going around karn. Depending on where it appears his attention is, i am going to kick the chair out from under him.

Rolls
Spoiler:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 base should be a 5 as it is a "square" not him but i could see a reflex save to allow him to stay standing.


Tobia:
Roll damage as well. And you say depending on where his attention is, is it if it's anywhere but you.


yep ....

Spoiler:
would it be damage where I am just kicking the chair out from under him? if so 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Tobia:
If you're kicking it hard enough to move from beneath him, then it's going to do damage. However it's a hardness of 5, so you won't really. But just in case it was a great roll.


Male Gully Dwarf Rogue

Bullpup sees Tobia, hears the question and says:
Look at this really neat buckle that I got, I know that Smupop wanted me to have it otherwise it would not have been where it was. Oh and there was a lady that did not want me to find you. She told me to look for my parents, and something about baths but I was too upset with footie for tripping me. I was looking for your yak but I guess I can try to find sneaker. Oh hey can I look at those?

Bullpup has been looking around the room as he was speaking and noticed the cards on the table in front of Gax. Bullpup walks up while continuing to talk.

Can you do that trick again, I want to try to catch the cards while they are in the air. Oh that one looks nice....

Bullpup reaches for the card on the table.


Male Tiefling Wizard (Divination: Foresight) 1

Gax's attention is on the small dwarf as it enters. As Bullpup reaches for the cards Gax's first reflex is to keep the dirty dwarf from touching it. He sighs heavily and lets the dwarf pick up the card he was reaching for, but he gathers the rest of the deck into his hand.

To Henneska The hand is complete.

Gax bridges the cards (sleight of hand 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27) between his hands and winks at Bullpup.


Gax:
I need a reflex save


Male Tiefling Wizard (Divination: Foresight) 1

Reflex 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15


Tobia walks over to where Gax sits. As he reaches him, Tobia kicks at the chair beneath Gax,. It flies from beneath Gax and he falls to the ground. His cards start to tumble from his hands, but he catches them deftly, despite the fall.
1d3 ⇒ 1 You take 1 point non-lethal damage.

@Bullpup I forgot, I need a reflex save from you as well.


Male Tiefling Wizard (Divination: Foresight) 1

Gax stands up and dusts himself off. Oh you're going to be a fun one to travel with Mr. Rabbit King. .

spoiler:
Gax grips the harrow deck tightly, but does nothing else.


Damphir cleric

Variable speed corn muffins.


Male Duergar
Spoiler:
young & advanced creature templates
Monk of the Gray Discipline

I will not be called a rabbit. I am more a hunter than a useless creature of prey; sufficient only for the gain of others.

I then walk out of the door to find "Seeker"
Ben

Spoiler:
I mutter under my breathe as I go...keep control the master taught a temper not in check is a fire in a haystack...unpredictable and as much a danger to self as surroundings. I keep muttering such things reminding me of my training as a monk and regaining my temper.


Damphir cleric

Kharn intently watches Henneska waiting for a response to the questions that posed before the door opened.


Male Gully Dwarf Rogue

Bullpup picks up the card and looks at it in awe.

You have a picture of Smupop. Wow, he looks like he always does in my night visions.

relfex:
Reflex :1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

if successful:
Bullpup turns to show tobia the card as he kicks the chair out from under gax.
Acrobatics :1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Bullpup jumps up in the air, does a flip and lands on the table on his feet and one hand. Bullpups left hand is held straight out holding the card that he just got from Gax. Hey look at this card, he shows the card to tobia and continues talking as if the incident with Gax never happened. This is Smupop. My parents told me that Smupop protects my family. It is his only job to keep us safe since we are all so smart.


you were successful.


Male Duergar
Spoiler:
young & advanced creature templates
Monk of the Gray Discipline

I reach out and take the card from Bullpup and look at it. "Nifty maybe the "rabbit king" will keep this as a souvenir. Or just as a reminder of something not true." I put the card inside my shirt.
Ben

Spoiler:
I want SoH to make the card look like it was slipped in my shirt where as I keep it and slip it in my pocket a few minutes later. 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13 first role followed by 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (18) + 22 = 40...maybe a bonus "hint hint" if my first check was successful due to peeps not continuing to necessarily watch me.

Henske, i will return momentarily. I have a friend that has been left unattended outside and she is not so comfortable as you and I in the trappings of society."
I then turn and without glancing back walk to the door and go out. I continue down the corridor until I can go outside to where I left Seeker. I check her over and look around the immediate area for a stable or shelter for her. perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12


DC 13 Perception:
Tobia does not actually slip the card in his shirt. He holds on to it, palming it for a moment. You gain a +5 on the second check.

DC 34 Perception (separate):
Tobia sticks something that he has been holding in his pocket, trying not to be noticed.


As you look around the street you cannot see a shelter for seeker anywhere around you.

DC 10 Intelligence Check (Tobia):
This tavern is also an inn. Most inns have stables attached somewhere around them.


Henneska stares around at all that has happened. You are a strange lot, he says blankly. As Tobia leaves he shakes himself. It seems to clear his head.

Once the ra-- Henneska clears his throat, Hrm, Tobia returns we will begin and I will tell you what I can of this. Henneska looks around, licking his lips. He seems a little more unsteady.


Male Tiefling Wizard (Divination: Foresight) 1

Gax moves to intercept Tobia before he reaches the door.

I'll need the card back. Perception on the sleight of hand 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3

Oh, and calling you the rabbit king is no insult. The rabbit king is a bare-handed breaker of swords, the card of furious and chaotic grace and speed. And believe me, I'm not sure any more whether I picked the card, or whether the card picked me.


Male Duergar
Spoiler:
young & advanced creature templates
Monk of the Gray Discipline

1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10 intelligence

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15acrobatics to avoid Gax and get out the door. I'll think about it.


I will pet Seeker. Then go back into the in and find the maid that served us earlier 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13perception. If i cannot find her I will look for t he main keeper or someone that looks like they are running this inn. 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31 perception.
Excuse me. I need to stable a friend of mine. Where would I find the accommodations for such?

Spoiler:
diplomacy if needed 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (12) - 2 = 10


Male Tiefling Wizard (Divination: Foresight) 1

As Tobia leaves, Gax makes no attempt to stop him and calls to him as he leaves Have it your way then, your majesty.


Female Human Oracle 1

The barmaid giggles. Out back. Just go around through the side gate with your horse. Hadley will take care of you.


Male Duergar
Spoiler:
young & advanced creature templates
Monk of the Gray Discipline

I go take Seeker to Hadley. I see that he is well attended to and fed well (let me know the cost if very high I will just use the food that is on him directly) Once I have seen to my yak I will then go back into the inn. 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17 perception to see any strangers that have entered the inn during the time we have been outside and the time that we have been with Henske.

BEN

Spoiler:
sent you a PM


Male Duergar
Spoiler:
young & advanced creature templates
Monk of the Gray Discipline

dipomacy 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0


Male Gully Dwarf Rogue

Bullpup sits down on the table and pulls a strange piece of metal from a pouch at his side and starts to examine it.

I wonder what this is.

He looks it over and then licks it a couple times. He starts singing a little incoherent diddy and tries to use the corner of the metal to scratch marks into the table.

Spoiler:
Perception to see what the metal object is. It is the strange object from the pouch I acquired earlier.

Perception :1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Damphir cleric

*I will take this opportunity to count out 50 gold for myself from the pouch on the table and leave the rest where it is.*


Damphir cleric

*I look towards Bullpup and say*
HEY! smarty dorf. *Lowering my voice to a hoarse whisper* That needs to go in our pants.


A perception check will show you what it looks like. Do you have any knowledge it craft skills that might tell you what a piece of metal is? I didn't see any craft our profession skills, did you take your free one?


Male Gully Dwarf Rogue

I updated the discussion board and my character

Here is the new roll.

craft roll:

craft Blacksmithing :1d20 - 5 ⇒ (17) - 5 = 12


Male Tiefling Wizard (Divination: Foresight) 1

Gax carefully counts out his own 50 gold and adds it to his pouch. Then he counts out another 50 and hands it to Marcus. He then ties the pouch with the remaining 100 gold in it shut and hands it to Bullpup. Half that is for you he said, and half is for your grumpy friend. Make sure he gets it.


It seems like it is part of a shoeing nail, but it's bent wrong with one end dulled.


Male Gully Dwarf Rogue

Bullpup takes the sack from Gax and absently puts it in his pack. Bullpup looks up for the first time realizing that Henneska is in the room.

Hello sir you look quite troubled, when I am troubled I always remember what my Highblup would say. He would say "Put on a happy face, you might not know when your going to need it". Is there something you lost like this belt buckle that i can help you find?

Bullpup wipes off the belt buckle on his shirt which causes the buckle to get dirtier and holds it out to Henneska.


Male Duergar
Spoiler:
young & advanced creature templates
Monk of the Gray Discipline

push 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

SoH1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

101 to 150 of 465 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Showing Scars All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.