Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Shore to Sea: All Broken Up Inside. (Inactive)

Game Master concerro

The heroes are called to investigate a young man's claim that something from the sea kidnapped his fiancé while he was visiting her at a remote village. What was it, and will the heroes be its next victims?


401 to 450 of 633 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Orc Cleric 1

Now adjacent to the cloaker, Castiel takes a full round attack action of knock-out hits.

Lance+OC+PA+AS-Nonlethal
1d20 + 15 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 15 - 4 = 121d8 + 18 ⇒ (1) + 18 = 19
1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 13 - 4 = 211d8 + 18 ⇒ (6) + 18 = 24


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

Dizit looks stops and looks on at the cloaker, her voice drips contempt.

"Cloaker you are facing now facing you death, have the good grace to do it with some modiom Shame, you go now to the bone yard knowing nothing of who sent you there, this is all your of your own doing, what a pointless wast of your pointless life, now be dead"


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

Rasso's screaming as he flies away sounds like terrible grinding bubbly hiss.


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Sorry, could someone look over my previous attacks to see if I have skipped ahead a round or not? I think I may have gotten confused.


Castiel in his attempt to only knock the creature out manages to not hit it at all.

Mordecai you posted correctly, but that is why I think everyone should put the round they are posting their actions in at the top of their actions. It is your turn. :)


Mordecai Shrykeson wrote:
No idea.

Undead don't receive morale bonuses. I somehow missed this post.


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Apologies, was unaware of that limitation. Posting attacks now.

Ignoring the assault, Mordecai's bats continue to hammer at the cloaker, following their instructions.

Bat 1 Attack 11d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 Damage1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Bat 1 Attack 21d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 Damage1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Bat 2 Attack 11d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 Damage1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Bat 2 Attack 21d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 Damage1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


It is ok. I rather have such things come up in an easy battle.

Mordecai's bat's fail to hit the cloaker, except for the last attack which opens up a nasy gash, but the monster is still up.

Round 5:
The cloaker attacks the same bat before that charged him.

attack:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

damage:1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

attack:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

damage:1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Orc Cleric 1

" We offer you a chance to surrender now, or be taken on our terms. The choice is yours. "
Castiel continues to assault from horseback.
1d20 + 15 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 15 - 4 = 211d8 + 18 ⇒ (1) + 18 = 19
1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 13 - 4 = 141d8 + 18 ⇒ (2) + 18 = 20


The cloaker is able to dodge Castiel's attacks once again.

"Says the one who can't even hit me. Stand down, and call these bats off."

Mordecai you get a will save every round, as a full round action to negate the effect.


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

The bat the cloaker attacked drops from the skies, while the remaining bat continues to attack.

Will save:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Bat attack 1:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24damage:1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Bat attack 2:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14damage:1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Just a warning fellows, my bat is going to continue to attack until the cloaker falls or I command him otherwise. And given that i'm paralyzed for a bit, this might take awhile.


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

Am I unpanicked yet? If so I will be coming back full speed to kill this thing. In two rounds I would have gotten 120' away from it.


You would started your return in round 4. In round 5(this round) you should be able to get back to whatever square you were in before you ran away. Of course you still have to pick your weapons up when you get back, assuming you are not only using natural attacks.


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

"That's it I have had it with your stupidity!"
Mind thrust 1d6 ⇒ 2 0pp


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

I am in fact only using natural weapons, and I would like to charge the thing instead of double moving. I have a 10' reach.

Rasso comes flying back at top speed, "Use yer magic on me you bloody little squid..." he mutters going in for a chomp.

Bite (Charge, Power Attack) 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24
Damage 1d8 + 19 ⇒ (1) + 19 = 20


Rasso comes charging in, and the cloaker tries to swat him aside, but the charge is too furious, and he chomps down on the cloaker's head, instantly ending his life.

Ended the fight just in time.

The gillwoman suddenly finds herself able to move again, and she has a look of confusion on her face.


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

"I'm am so sorry about that, we seem to have come just in time, could I ask who are you and why those things after you?"

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19 Diplomacy


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Am I now unparalyzed too?

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Orc Cleric 1

so much for interrogation
Castiel backs off again. His part is not needed to gather this information. He listens nearby while tending to his horse and preparing the pulley system that will hoist him up soon.


Mordecai you becomes unparalyzed a few seconds later.


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

The feeling rushing back into his limbs, Mordecai ignores the woman and with a barked order commands his remaining bat to bring him to the corpses of the cloakers. Mordecai dismounts and bends over the cloakers, gently running his hands along their wings and broken skin, smelling their blood dripping against their hides.

"Beautiful..." he whispers.

He drags two of the cloaker corpses into a pile, and places the third separately beside it. Removing a large jar of black dust from his backpack, he withdraws handfuls of the granules and throws them onto the corpses. Rising, he speaks in an eldritch tongue with syllables like bones snapping and points an imperious finger at the corpses in turn.

Necril language:
"You fell to my power. By the rites of unlife, by the chains of the fallen, by the infernal fires... rise, and answer my call!"

Slowly, the corpses stir...

Animate dead cast upon two cloakers and the other cloaker in turn. 375gp of onyx dust spent. Zombie cloakers created, not skeleton.

Mordecai gives a tiny smile, and turns to his companions as the creatures rise to hover behind him.

"Do any of you require healing?" he asks. "I have a few spells which may aid."


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

Rasso just kind of stares at Mordecai while he works his dark magics. "Hehehehehe. I think I like you!" he says, clapping Mordecai on the shoulder. "I'm not hurt, thanks though." He walks over to the waking woman. "Hullo lassie. What's yer name and why you have nasty squiddies trying ter eat ya?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Orc Cleric 1

Castiel seems mildly intrigued by Mordecai's magic, but he answers quickly "I also am uninjured. What does this woman say? "


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

yep I asked her, did she say any thing GM?


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

Sorry Dizit, didn't realize I was repeating your question ~_~*


The woman replies, "My name is Sara, and they don't want me to tell the village what is going on. I was taken from the Wedding Rock recently.
The truth is that the rock is just a trap. Our people go there, and the skum impregnate us, but the Rock makes us think the husband or husband to be is the father. We eventually morph from human to gillman to skum.
Gerlach a sorcerer from the village is now a gillman. He was trying to find a cure, but he becomes more skum-like everyday, and I don't know how much he can be trusted any more. His experiments in the the big domed building(which sits at the highest point on the island) seems to have made things worse.
Many of the villagers tried to escape, after the raid on the village, but they are now dominated.
I have also seen the skum talking to a silver man over there, and I have seen skum moving to and from the aquarium, but I don't know why."

Both the aqaurium and the "silver man" are on the second cliff.


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Mordecai raises a sardonic eyebrow. "Interesting village you have here, ma'am. Most seaside towns I have explored, the most exciting happenstance of the year is the town riot when some young fool sticks his member into someone he should not. I will not speak for my companions, but I would like to go to this domed building and speak with the sorcerer. In my experience, a man of magic always knows the interesting facts; trustworthy or not, he would be worth contacting. This 'morphing' you speak of is definitely interesting. Will you come with us?"

[ooc]Diplomacy roll (request):1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

Dizit dos not look happy,
"My feeling on this demandable abomination of a pox'ed perturbation is simple, they know far more than they disclosed, they have beguiled and tricked non locals into becoming part of their deceitful incriminations. I say let the whole foul place sink into the waves and let the rot in the sea for all I care."

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Orc Cleric 1

" It seems to me that we have to engage in a multi-phase operation:
First: We must find the "skum" leader and put an end to these unrequested transformations.
Second: We should look into a way to reverse damage done to the villagers who have already been changed.
Third: We shall plunder the resources of the island and PROFIT! "


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

"I say skip to step three. Of course that might lead to step one..." Rasso says, his right eye twitching a bit at the thought.


Mordecai Shrykeson wrote:

Mordecai raises a sardonic eyebrow. "Interesting village you have here, ma'am. Most seaside towns I have explored, the most exciting happenstance of the year is the town riot when some young fool sticks his member into someone he should not. I will not speak for my companions, but I would like to go to this domed building and speak with the sorcerer. In my experience, a man of magic always knows the interesting facts; trustworthy or not, he would be worth contacting. This 'morphing' you speak of is definitely interesting. Will you come with us?"

Diplomacy roll (request):1d20+11

Sara replies "As you just saw I am no combatant, but I can warn the villagers so they can relocate. I just hope they listen to reason. Some of them are dreadfully stubborn"

The wife of the guy who got kipnapped was also named Sara. :)


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

While she speaks, Mordecai attempts to ascertain her genuineness.

Sense motive:1d20 ⇒ 15


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

"Humm we shall see"

Dizit stands looking at Mordecai and the Girl.

For GM:

Dizit uses a Power "Read Thoughts" 3pp to see whit they are thinking.

Concentration checks
R1 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20
R2 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26
R3 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20

To show nothing of the power

Discipline Telepathy [Mind-Affecting]
Level Telepath 2

MANIFESTING
Display Mental
Manifesting Time 1 standard action

EFFECT
Range 60 ft.
Area Cone-shaped emanation centered on you
Duration Concentration, up to 1 min./level (D)
Saving Throw Will negates; see text; Power Resistance No
Power Points 3

DESCRIPTION
You know the surface thoughts of the mind of any creature in the area that fails a Will save. A target that succeeds on its save is not affected by this manifestation of the power, even if it leaves the area and then reenters the area before the duration expires.

Creatures of animal intelligence have simple, instinctual thoughts that you can pick up. If you read the thoughts of a creature with an Intelligence of 26 or higher (and at least 10 points higher than your own Intelligence score), you are stunned for 1 round and the power ends. This power does not let you pinpoint the location of an affected mind if you don’t have line of sight to the subject.

Each round, you can turn to use this power in a new area. The power can penetrate barriers, but 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 3 feet of wood or dirt blocks it.

Augment For every 2 additional power points you spend, this power’s save DC increases by 1.


Mordecai you don't sense any ulterior motives.

Dizit the young woman is afraid, and her mind is completely focused on the town. You see an image of the town being attacked, and her getting there to late.

PS:I don't know if this spell/power can show images, but oh well. :)


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Is she also scanning me?


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Will save:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 if so

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Orc Cleric 1

"Woman, is there a more expedient way to ascend this cliffside? stairs or a trail perhaps? "
Castiel is brisk.


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

yes i was also scanning Mordecai but try as I might I can not find where to work out the DC. 10+2 power level + what? Int mod or CL Hard one


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

If I failed my will save:
Dizit, you detect that Mordecai is interested in leaning about this morphing process and how it works. Also trying to discern whether this woman is something other than she appears to be. He has no evil intentions involving what he is currently thinking about.


The Lady Dizit Sama wrote:
yes i was also scanning Mordecai but try as I might I can not find where to work out the DC. 10+2 power level + what? Int mod or CL Hard one

The DC is 10+power level+int mod. If you spend extra PP then the DC increases.

edit:The DC is 17


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

Thanks GM sorry I could not find that, so I read his mind as well as posted cool long is its not "Kill the others"


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Well... not CURRENTLY 'kill the others'...


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

:)


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

so what are we waiting on


I was just waiting for the party to start flying or climbing up to the next cliff, and to decide if they were going to visit either of the spots that was mentioned by Sara once the got there or just try to go to the 2nd or 3rd cliff.


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

"Lets head for the big domed building at the peak and deal with this Gerlach fella." Rasso suggests. "Can't fly for too much longer, lets get a move on."


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Mordecai mounts his bat and nods, the cloakers following behind him. "Onward!"


Rasso resumes his ascent to the peak.


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

Dizit head up this we all are gm

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Orc Cleric 1

Castiel ties the ropes to the bats and cloakers and signals to Mordecai as his horse gets an air lift to the top. He then begins his own ascent climbing the cliff face. taking 10 gets me 11

401 to 450 of 633 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamplay thread for All broken up inside All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.