Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Shore to Sea: All Broken Up Inside. (Inactive)

Game Master concerro

The heroes are called to investigate a young man's claim that something from the sea kidnapped his fiancé while he was visiting her at a remote village. What was it, and will the heroes be its next victims?


301 to 350 of 633 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Orc Cleric 1

Castiel would arrive on the shore of the island and think to himself: An hour and fifteen minutes alone to work on my craft. Ah! Nothing could be finer. He would then continue tinkering with his next latest invention; the smelloscope.


Castiel you are closing in on the island when:

Roll a perception check


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 Perception


That was just for Castiel since he is ahead of the group, but it is possible that the rest of you will need to make that check also, so you can keep the roll.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Orc Cleric 1

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Castiel you are riding along when two Guisarme's reach up from the water. It seems that one of them is only there as a distraction.

Aid another:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Trip attempt:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 +2(if the aid another is successful)

The two creatures, humanoid in nature, but with a frog's head that is full of sharp teeth fail in their attempt to dismount you.

You would know that without magical aid they have no way to keep up with you. You can fight or flee.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Orc Cleric 1

Castiel pulls past the creatures, spurring his horse through the threat. He then pulls about from a safe distance, , takes a deep breath, buffs himself and his horse up, and spurs Skit into a charge.

once I am far enough away, I will activate my overclocker on me and Skit (the horse), begin holding my breath, and charge using the lance, taking as long as I need to prep before initiating the combat.

Init
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Attack Lance+OC+Charge
1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 211d8 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Ride Check w/ combat trained mount
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Skit's Attack
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 111d4 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Orc Cleric 1

::Sama, Are you there? I'm clearing out the way here. It looks like someone has enlisted the gillmen as an ambush, which also tells me that someone told their leader that we were coming. I'd muchly appreciate any help from the swimmers in the group. I understand that our summoner can be quite agile underwater if he drops his shell. ::


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

::"Castiel,I will tell the others now help is on the way"::

Mind link Castiel 1pp
Inertial Armor 1pp

Sama tells the others what Castiel has found wile striping off her things down to a under Armor and some kind of cat suit.

"We need to offer him help, any magics would help or any one who can swim and fight"

She waits for any buff magics the says

"lets go"

She jumps in the water, seeming to grow and change before she its the water.

Concentration 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23

Metamorphosis, Minor 5pp

*You gain a swim speed of 20 feet.
*Increase your size by one size category (+2 size bonus to Strength, -2 size penalty to Dexterity, appropriate size modifiers to AC, CMB, attack rolls, etc). This effect does not stack with other effects that increase your size.
*You gain a natural slam/claw/bite (pick one) attack that deals 1d8 damage if Medium (1d10 if Large).


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Mordecai shrugs and rows slightly faster. "Well, that's me out."


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

I'm not really useful without my shell, so...

Rasso will aid Mordecai with his rowing, making the best speed that they can.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Orc Cleric 1

ok. I am confident that Castiel could handle this by himself, but just in case something happens.


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21 Init
She swims to see what Castiel is up to


Castiel you are able to hit one of the creatures, but it takes the hit well. The move close together waiting for your second attack.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Orc Cleric 1

Now that I'm in striking distance, Things can heat up.
Castiel dismounts skit and the pair begin the true assault.
Ride check to dismount as a free action. (forgot that Good Hope provides a bonus to skill checks as well)
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Lance+P.A.+A.S+OC: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 171d8 + 18 ⇒ (4) + 18 = 22
Twice for Haste 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 291d8 + 18 ⇒ (5) + 18 = 23

Skit's Attacks
bite 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 281d4 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11, hooves 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 131d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
haste 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 131d4 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12, 2 hooves1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 251d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


The creature's reach weapons allows them attacks of opportunities.

Attack vs Castiel:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Damage:2d4 + 5 ⇒ (2, 3) + 5 = 10

Attack vs Skit :1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Damage:2d4 + 5 ⇒ (1, 2) + 5 = 8

Despite the AoO's you and move in and finish them off. Their lifeless bodies sink below the water, and you see no other obsstacles between yourself, and the island.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Orc Cleric 1

dead, or unconscious?
Castiel remounts Skit and they finish the race back to the opposing shore.
::All clear. We'll have to inspect that location on a return trip, or we could split the group. For the time being, I need to watch my horse. ::


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

::[i]"Its best we stay as a group, I will go tell the others its all clear"[i]::

Dizit swims back to the water craft with the others on it and tells them its all clear to carry on. She Climes on bord and drys off going back to her Normal size but she seems still some what changed.

+1AC for the rest of the power duration, +2 dex.


They are dead.

The 2nd teams is able to make it to the island without incident.


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

Rasso climbs out of the boat and looks around

Perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Ahoy Castiel! Are you alright? Dizit said you got in a fight. Find anything here while you were waiting for us?"


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

Dizit Steps off, and looks round.
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14Perception
and
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26 Knowledge (History)


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Mordecai gracefully steps off onto the sand and scans the scene before tapping himself on the chest with a grey spark at the end of his finger.


Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
False Life: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 temporary hit points


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27 Knowledge (Arcana) or Spell craft (both +9)

to know the spell Mordecai just cast

Sorry Mordecai but my PC kind of dos not trust you 100%

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-elf Magus

Fair enough.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Orc Cleric 1

Castiel looks up to Rasso and the arriving group. He is bent over some vials and a small flame boiling a beaker. He mumbles to himself "I found some peace and quiet, if only for a moment" He packs up quickly and joins the others in their initial survey of the area.
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


After the group is finally together again you can glance around and easily see that the ancient city lies atop a cliff in the center of the island. The island is also rises in elevation sharply as you approach the center. Each tier is separated by high cliffs that have to be climbed to access the next tier*. The cliffs are each about 40 feet high.

*Think of how wedding cakes are made with a wide bottom, but how each segment is smaller as they go up.


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Mordecai halts as he examines the cliffs.

"Hmm... does anyone else have a means of flight? Otherwise this might be a long ascent..."


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

"I can grow wings for a bit if I need." Rasso says. "Can't help the rest of yas though."


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

I also can move in the air if needs be.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Orc Cleric 1

Castiel looks into his pack.
"I have a potion here for flight, but it's one time use and quite expensive. I also have an extract here that will allow me to detect secret passages and doorways. I recommend we send one person up with the least costly flight method. They can tie off ropes at each level and the rest of us can climb up behind. "


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Mordecai reaches into his pack and pulls out a small whistle. He blows into it once, but no sound emerges.

"I bought two large bats at an animal market. They should be able to carry us up the cliffs without difficulty."


The party gets about 15 feet up, and then they get to make a perception check.

perception 20:
You see what look like female gill person running in you direction being chased by 3 flying creatures.

If you make the perception check then you may make a knowledge(dungeioneering) check.


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Perception:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17 Perception, of course its low, its always low


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

Perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21 Woot!

"Hey lookie, there's a gillwoman being chased by three flying thingies." Rasso says pointing.


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

you nicked my 20 you rotter

"Gosh, I wander what they are"

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17 Dungeoneering, and its low, its always low


DC 17 knowledge results=The flying creatures look like flying stingrays. They are known as cloakers.They are highly intelligent, and more dangerous in dark areas. They also possess a variety of infrasonic attacks.


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

"Looks cloakers, I think they like to use, Sound to attack you, I think we best get up."

Dizit pops in her ear blugs


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Mordecai squints in Rasso's direction and shrugs. "I see nothing, but i'll trust your keen eyes. I'm going to find out what she knows. Follow me or not, your choice."

With a barked command, Mordecai's bat flies off towards the gillwoman, carrying him to the fray, his second bat following him.


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

"Wait up, looks ter be bitin' ter be had over there." Rasso will grunt and arch his back, then bend over forwards and scream in pain. Two large batlike wings erupt from his back, and he flaps off after Mordecai, little gooey scaly bits fluttering down to the ground behind him.

Casting Lesser Evolution Surge to get Flight. So for the next six minutes I have Fly 30 ft. (Good)

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Orc Cleric 1

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 perception
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 k(any)

"Right then. I'll wait here for you to send down ropes. We'll use pulleys to get Skit up there once you've cleared the way. Good luck with those cloakers."
Castiel will give his allies a boost from his overclocker as they go into battle, getting the bats as well. "Go quickly now. I'll be ready when you return. "


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

The party is with in 15 Feet of the top, dos this mean we are flying up or up GM?


The party was 15 feet up before the gillman(female) and the cloakers came around a corner. Is the party going to help her?


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

That was my plan.


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

going to say back GM


What is "back GM"?


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

She meant "I'm going to stay back, GM."


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

As Rosso Said sorry my Dislexica showing


You can roll initiative. I am assuming everyone is heading towards the fleeing female.


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

[ooc]Initiative:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

301 to 350 of 633 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamplay thread for All broken up inside All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.