Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Shore to Sea: All Broken Up Inside. (Inactive)

Game Master concerro

The heroes are called to investigate a young man's claim that something from the sea kidnapped his fiancé while he was visiting her at a remote village. What was it, and will the heroes be its next victims?


251 to 300 of 633 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

::"Well meet, you have yet to give me your name sir, but no we are not the ones taking the villgers here, in fact we just saved what is left of them from some thing most monstrous ... (She tells the tail of the attack ) so you see we now hope this cleric can help up, but I must ask once more, pray tell what be your name and masters? Sir for we do not know you"::

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-elf Magus

::"My apologies, Mordecai Shrykeson at your service, my lady, and I cannot say the name of my mastker; 'tis not my secret to reveal. Gillmen... I have only read of such beings. What course of action have you decided upon?"::


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

"Well meet Master ordecai Shrykeson I am so please that you could make it here, I do hope you are well it has been to long"

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15 Bluff check

::"It would be best the villige thing you are all ready part of our group master Shrykeson, I feel it will put them more at ease"::


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

"Thank you Lady Vanderholt the journey went swiftly. My lord had informed me that I would be meeting someone here, but I did not expect it would be you. It is not a surprise that you did not remember me- I looked quite different when we last met. Forgive me for not recognizing your loveliness."

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 Bluff Check

::"As you wish, lady. Shall I pretend to be a new member of your 'bodyguard' or choose some other ruse?"::


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

::"As you see it Master Shrykeson, let us say a freand, now woud you like to take to this cleric I am sory but I must rest it has been a long day"::


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

"Uh. Hullo." Says the rather large translucent aquatic monstrosity. "Name's Rasso." He says extending a lobster like claw with a hand inside.


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

::"I need to discuss business with him anyway."::

Mordecai turns to the translucent and bows.

"Greetings, Sir Creature-Rasso. Forgive me for not extending my hand likewise, the years have given me some strange attachment to my fingers."


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

"Suit yerself."


Bryce's body language relaxes as the newcomer's does, and he grins at the exchange between the newcomer and Rasso, "Seems to me the real danger of losing your fingers is near his mouth." He extends a meaty hand half-again as large as Mordecai's head, "I'm Bryce. Another... uh..." his gray eyes shift to the rest of the team before snapping back to Mordecai with a shrug, ".. bodyguard. And the elf is Castiel. He's not being rude; he just doesn't realize there's a new guy here."

The big man looks around the room, "I'm gonna take an hour or so to whip pu another drink... ya know, in case more tentacles get hungry."

Would love to take an hour to put together another Strength Mutagen.


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Mordecai nods at Bryce. "Definitely a real danger, sir." He shakes his hand, suppressing the wince as his fingers are nearly crushed. He inclines his head in greetings towards the elf, and then speaks "A pleasure to meet you all, but I must now speak with the priest."

He walks off and spends some time in deep conversation with the priest about the Gods and their histories.


Lira introduces herself as the priest to Mordecai

Mindspeak to Dizit

"Are the rest of you finished with your questions? I am not worried about the new guy. I can handle myself if he becomes a problem."


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

::"what makes you say that?"::


Male Humanoid (Elf) Alchemist 1 / Artificer 5

:: No further questions here. I'll let you know if I come up with something. ::
Castiel meditates for a couple of hours hanging from a contraption he has brought along with him. He looks like a marionette pulsing with each breath. The perfect alignment of his body due to hanging, as well as the aid of his magic ring mean that Castiel is ready to go again in just 2 hours. He prepares his own potions and begins work on another invention with the remaining time while everyone else rests.


Bryce grimaces at his friend's 'sleeping arrangements'. "Castiel. I swear that's gotta be givin' you some kinda cancer or somethin'. At the very least it looks weird as hell." He rolls his eyes at the inevitable response from his marrionetted friend about the supposed health benefits, muttering a quiet. "Whatever... it's weird" before crashing into his too-small bed.

So i guess we're moving on to the morning? Or at least to the night?


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

::"I'm good. See yer in tha mornin'.":: Rasso thinks to Lira. ::"Lets be off to somewhere safe to get some sleep, yes?":: He thinks to the others. He begins to wander slowly in a direction away from the sea. I'd better hope nothing attacks while I'm sleeping. I'm just a fish out of water then.


You should ask Swinging Beauty over there (Castiel) if he'll keep a watch over you. :D


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

After speaking with the cleric, Mordecai asks for access to the upper room of the lighthouse, where he spends the night.

Give me a few minutes to sort out some at-night actions with the GM.


Lira says to Mordecai, "The light house is not all that safe either, but you can stay there if you wish. There are also a few abandoned homes.


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

"With what you have told me about the tentacle creatures from the sea, I think sleeping far above it and with a good vantage point of it should bode well for me. Goodnight."


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

Closesing down the Mind link to Mordexai, asking
::"Lira, This is Alice Vanderholt, what makes you say that about Mordexai?"::

GM:

We seem to have lost Leon Hardins, should we say he ran off in the night?


Leon dropped out a few weeks ago. That is how Mordecai got recruited. I will say he went missing. I guess we can blame whatever those tentacles were attached to. :)

Are we ready to move on to the next day?


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Ready here.


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

Ready.


All of you make it through the night without any interruptions. The towns people are already barricading a building that is not so close to the water, and gathering makeshift weapons, and food in case they get trapped inside the building.

Do you have any more preparations to make before attempting to venture out onto the island?


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

Rasso seeks out Castiel first thing in the morning. "Oi! Good morning to ye hammock boy! Lets get the boat ready and rouse the others. Thar's monsters out in them waves. Lets go chomp 'em!" He seems to be in especially jolly mood for some reason, slapping Castiel heartily on the shoulder. "Morning lovlies, up and attem!" he calls loudly into the group's sleeping quarters.


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

Dizit looks for the Cleric to see if all is fine and ask here again why she dos not trust the new man in town.

then taking Leon's ripped hat to the others she places it on the breakfast table and says
"I fear my husband may not be coming with us today, o well, never mind"


Minkspeak:Dizit

Lira says, "It is not so much that I think badly of him, but women going off with men they don't know to talk alone can be dangerous."


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Mordecai nods a greeting at the group.

"Given the call I heard from our pincered comrade, can I take it we are heading seawards today?"


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

"That is the plan, I see the sea did not claim you, master, Mordecai"


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

"From the height of the lighthouse? I must admit I would reconsider entering the sea today if that were so. Can I take it you were also not disturbed?"


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

"Not at all, My slumber was well thank you, if that's the disturbed you mean Mordecai ."


Male Humanoid (Elf) Alchemist 1 / Artificer 5

"Alright, let us commence our initial delve. " Castiel states while putting on large flippers. As he walks in, he lifts his feet awkwardly in a waddle. His face is covered by essentially three vials over his eyes and mouth, making him look bug-eyed.
During the night, I'll start crafting a potion of waterbreathing, spending the remainder of my wealth.-->craft(potion) 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (17) + 17 = 34


Are you going to use the feather token(boat) or is the party going to use another method of travel?


Male Humanoid (Elf) Alchemist 1 / Artificer 5

How far away is the island exactly? If it's something we can get to by other method, I'd like to hold off on using up the feather token just yet. Don't forget, I have inventions that replenish daily free of charge.


The island is two miles away.


Male Humanoid (Elf) Alchemist 1 / Artificer 5

Castiel activates the A.P.O.D. on his horse and then mounts, holding on for a wet ride along the surface. "Come on folks! two miles in 5 minutes. Let's Motor! " Castiel then holds his breath as his horse goes for a sprint underwater.


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

Dizit looks at the water and Castiel sinking into it. Just before he set off she touched him for a moment.

::"Castiel dear, I am right behind you"::

Dizit activates Metamorphosis, Minor 1pp 6mins and gains swim speed of 20, and Inertial Armor +4ac 6 hours.

1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33 Concentration to show no signs of activation.


What is an A.P.O.D?


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Mordecai gives a slow blink of surprise as his companions, through various means, jump in the water and start streaking off into the sunrise.

With a shrug and a mild look of envy, Mordecai politely asks for and borrows one of the vilagers' boats and oars, and calmly rows for the island.


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

Strike what I just did for swim if you getting a Baot Mordecai Dizit will just get in that


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

Rasso will join Dizit and Mordecai in the rowboat. "Lovely day to be on the water, don'tcha think? Ironically this form isn't that great at swimming, so I figure I'll catch a ride with you two."


The villagers have no problem lending you a boat.

We are just waiting on Bryce now.


Male Humanoid (Elf) Alchemist 1 / Artificer 5

A.P.O.D.'s are the title I've given my latest invention. See my profile for full details, but it's basically my preferred swim method, barring a boat.


So it is not really a boat like device. It just allows whoever you touch to have a swim speed, and breath underwater?


Male Humanoid (Elf) Alchemist 1 / Artificer 5

Correct, although I do still have the feather token in case of emergency.


ok. I just wanted to be sure on how it works because it will matter. :)
As soon as Bryce list his mode of travel I will advance the story.


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

Can we get the A.P.O.D even though we're in the boat? I already breathe water, but a swim speed would be much appreciated. Oh wait, it's only 4 times per day I see now. Nevermind.


Castiel how close are you going to be to the boat the others are in?


Male Humanoid (Elf) Alchemist 1 / Artificer 5

Well if I don't have to use my item yet, I'll be on the boat with everyone else. Was kind of expecting it to be harder than that somehow. If there's not room for me and my horse, I need my horse to take the run action to make it in time, so I'll get there well before them.


All of you(people) can fit in the boat. I have had anyone start traveling yet, because I wanted to know the mode of travel for everyone. The boat is not big enough for the horse though. Just to be clear you will arrive at the island ahead of the party. It will take them about an 1 hour and 20 minutes by boat.

251 to 300 of 633 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamplay thread for All broken up inside All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.