Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Shore to Sea: All Broken Up Inside. (Inactive)

Game Master concerro

The heroes are called to investigate a young man's claim that something from the sea kidnapped his fiancé while he was visiting her at a remote village. What was it, and will the heroes be its next victims?


201 to 250 of 633 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

I forgot to add that you can move yourselves around on the map.

Castiel attacks the tentacles, but both attacks miss. The first because he was off balance, the second one only grazed the tentacles and its tough skin prevented any real damage.


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

So since Castiel was last in round 2, I'm assuming we should post round 3 actions now?

Round 3
Initiative 9
THP:67/67
HP:51/51
AC 29
Buffs: +30 land speed, +5 to attack rolls, ref saves, +4 to damage, fort, will saves, and skills, +1 to AC

Rasso will continue to bite into the tentacle that is grappling him.

Bite 1 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
Damage 1d8 + 19 ⇒ (1) + 19 = 20

Bite 2 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
Damage 1d8 + 19 ⇒ (3) + 19 = 22


m half-elven Lich 15 DM/10 Grandmaster DM

Yeah it is round 3. I should have bolded that in my other thread.


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

R3 - Inti-8 HP-full AC 20

Looking for whos behind this from outside,

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 Perception

then will use a power

move action up 20'


Bryce yells as he takes another swing (at the tentacle that replaced original tentacle 2), "WE NEED TO GET THESE PEOPLE OUT! THE TENTACLES SEEM TO KEEP SHOWING BACK UP? ANY IDEAS?"

~~ Round 3~~~
Huge Greatsword attack.
Attack 1d20 + 13 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 13 + 2 + 5 = 28
---> damage 4d6 + 14 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 4, 3, 4) + 14 + 6 + 4 = 37.

status:
HP 71/71 Raging 89/89
AC 20 FF 20 Touch 7
CMD 24 FF 24
Fort +18 Ref +8 Will +11
---> +3 vs. spells & spell-like abilities
Conditions / Effects Strength Mutagen, Rage (superstition, reckless abandon), Overclocker


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

::" Bryce,I heard that but there is a wall off water all around the building 1 floor high held in place with magic, this thing seems to be its source so we have to end it to end its magic"::


Reposting for convenience:

Initiative order

Tentacle 1=20 grabbed Rasso and then taken out by Bryce

Bryce Brinner=18 took out T1

Tentacle 2=15

Tentacle 3=10

Rasso=9

Lady Dizit=8

Castiel=4

Crowd =1
----------------------------------------------------
T2:
random dice roll: 1d20 ⇒ 12

T3:
random dice roll: 1d20 ⇒ 17

T2 and T3 come in from different parts of the room grabbing villagers.

T3 punches a hole into the side of the wall in its attempt to grab someone.


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

Well since there wasn't a tentacle for me to bite I'll change my action to...

Round 3
Initiative 9

Rasso shrugs off the chopped tentacle and says "Thanks big guy!" before stepping over to chew on the tentacle coming through the door. "Somebody get these villagers under control!"

5' step to K4

Bite 1 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29
Damage 1d8 + 19 ⇒ (4) + 19 = 23

Bite 2 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21
Damage 1d8 + 19 ⇒ (5) + 19 = 24


Male Humanoid (Elf) Alchemist 1 / Artificer 5

"Sama, some calming mind tricks? "
Castiel tries to take out his tentacle again, this time taking more time to aim.
Lance+P.A.+A.S+OC: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 241d8 + 18 ⇒ (4) + 18 = 22
1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 191d8 + 18 ⇒ (1) + 18 = 19


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

Ok will try but not much chance

1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19 Concentration to use Empathic Connection] on tentical thing

Empathic Connection:

Discipline Telepathy (Charm) [Mind-Affecting]
Level Telepath 1

MANIFESTING
Display Mental
Manifesting Time 1 standard action

EFFECT
Range Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target One humanoid
Duration 1 hour/level
Saving Throw Will negates; Power Resistance Yes
Power Points 1

DESCRIPTION
You reach out with your mind, finding the emotional strings that most apply to your target. With delicate influences, you twist those emotional strings, making your target view you as a friend (treat the target’s attitude as friendly). If the creature is currently being threatened or attacked by you or your allies, however, it receives a +5 bonus on its saving throw. This does not enable you to control the affected person as if it was an automaton, but it perceives your words and actions in the most favorable way. You can try to give the subject orders, but you must win an opposed Charisma check to convince it to do anything it wouldn’t ordinarily do. (Retries are not allowed.) An affected creature never obeys suicidal or obviously harmful orders, but it might be convinced that something very dangerous is worth doing. Any act by you or your apparent allies that threatens the charmed person breaks the effect. You must speak the person’s language to communicate your commands, be good at pantomiming, or have some other method to communicate, such as mindlink.

Augment You can augment this power in one or more of the following ways. 1. If you spend 2 additional power points, this power can also affect an animal, fey, magical beast, or monstrous humanoid. 2. If you spend 4 additional power points, this power can also affect an aberration, dragon, elemental, or outsider in addition to the creature types mentioned above. 3. If you spend 4 additional power points, this power’s duration increases to one day per level. In addition, for every 2 additional power points you spend to achieve any of these effects, this power’s save DC increases by 1.

DC 13 -5 +1 = DC 9 / PP Spend 1pp spend +2pp +1DC +2pp animal


Male Humanoid (Elf) Alchemist 1 / Artificer 5

I had actually meant to calm the crowd, but anything's worth trying once I suppose


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

Just can not do that many subjects sorry 2 max


Okay, how many villagers are in the room?


The book never says, but it seems there are at least 15. It kind of ignores the rules for sharing space for the sake of the story, for the villagers anyway. I will say 20 for the purpose of our adventure.

Dizit your power had no affect on the creature.

Castial takes out a tentacle. We will say it is tentacle 2.

The people are in the way again providing partial cover to the 1 remaining tentacle. Dizit you must once again make concentration checks due to people bumping into you if you try to use a power.

I put a link to the map in the campaign tab.


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

Note GM, Dizit got outside 20 feet up in the air, some how I do not think she is being bump by the throng. Also this interesting about the power not working looks like it was summoned.


I forgot you were in the air. In that case the villagers are not interfering with your power use.

--------------------------------------
Next round

Bryce Brinner

Tentacle 2=15

Tentacle 3=10

Rasso=9

Lady Dizit=8

Castiel=4

Crowd =1

This time no new tentacle appears to replace the old one. Bryce you are up.


Once more the giant man closes on the remaining tentacle and swings his huge blade. His fury seems to be building with the frustration of the fight -- and his massive swing shows it.

Huge Greatsword Power Attack
Attack 1d20 + 13 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 13 + 2 + 5 = 39.<-- CRIT?
---> damage 4d6 + 14 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 4, 5, 1) + 14 + 6 + 4 = 39.
---> Crit Confirm 1d20 + 13 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 13 + 2 + 5 = 37.
---> Total crit damage 39 + 4d6 + 14 + 6 + 4 ⇒ 39 + (5, 6, 3, 5) + 14 + 6 + 4 = 82.

status:
HP 71/71 Raging 89/89
AC 20 FF 20 Touch 7
CMD 24 FF 24
Fort +18 Ref +8 Will +11
---> +3 vs. spells & spell-like abilities
Conditions / Effects Strength Mutagen, Rage (superstition, reckless abandon), Overclocker


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

Round 3
Init 9

Rasso only seeing one tentacle left will step closer and chomp it.

Attack 1 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32
Damage 1d8 + 19 ⇒ (3) + 19 = 22

Attack 2 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31
Damage 1d8 + 19 ⇒ (8) + 19 = 27


Male Humanoid (Elf) Alchemist 1 / Artificer 5

"Sigh... Can I get a break here? " Castiel comments, noting his tendency to miss horribly while his allies make quick work of the tentacles. He move to the next one.
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 161d8 + 18 ⇒ (2) + 18 = 20
(potential sneak attack if flanking 1d6 ⇒ 3


Male Humanoid (Elf) Alchemist 1 / Artificer 5

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? THREE NATURAL ONES IN FOUR TURNS?!?


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

Randomness is a b*tch sometimes. -_-* Without your buffs our work would be a lot less quick though. So don't feel too bad.


Sometimes the dice gods love you and sometimes they don't. :)


Shortly after Bryce takes down the last tentacle the water starts to return to the ocean, and whatever monstrosity those tentacles were connected to is nowhere to be seen. While the towns people are relieved that the immediate threat is over, they are still afraid. Nicolaius Gavendi(the sheriff), Nicolaius Gavendi, and a young lady you had not seen until you arrived at the lighthouse calm everyone down.


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

Dizit calmly comes back in v the window and steps back onto the ground.
Looking around to see if any one is hurt.

"listen to me everyone who's not being paid to fight, we need to calmly get you all out and to high ground well away from the sea front. Its seems who ever wants you will use high level magic now to get you at any cost, so please calmly get you things and move away from village inland."

1d20 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 4 = 15 Diplomacy

Your not the only one pulling 1s, seems Dizit just said RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!


The young lady says "This is the highest nearby ground, and we can not evacuate our home." The other villagers support her statement, then in a quiet voice she says "We did not tell you exactly everything. Honestly I did think it was a factor."

She ask the villagers to move away so that she may talk to Dizit with some measure of privacy. They do so begrudgingly.

"Since you seem to be the spokesperson I have something to tell you. The island of Nal-Kashel was once an Azlanti outpost. The villagers believe they are descended from the island’s original inhabitants. Many villagers are gillmen like Gerlach and live below the waves. We change as we get older, well some of us anyway. Those were the first to disappear before the attacks. Some of the others claim to have seen relatives watching from the sea during the recent attack and fear Gerlach is manipulating them. That is everything. I don't know if it helps or not. These people will not leave the village. Had you insisted that they leave you would have lost favor with them."

"By the way my name is Lira. I am the local priest. I am not so close-minded as the rest of them, since I was not born here. If you need a boat then I can get probably get someone to take you out to the island."

"A gillman is what some of the villagers turn into later in their lives. Normally when they turn into gillmen and leave they do not return, but it is accepted here, and it is seen as an honor to be one, but not to be kipnapped, which is what happened recently."


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

Dizit looks at them, her hole demeanor changes, she suddenly becomes more serious and business like.

"O your deceitfulness, this whole village would have seen a marriage that should never have come about. A Marriage perpetrated on a Noble lord and his family so that unknowingly he would have seen all future offspring sink like yourself's below the waves and not carry his house to grandeur and greatness.

O wicked folk, O accursed folk, what you see in your village minds as some thing of pride would have riven and crashed down with grate shame such a lords house of the land. I say this, your sin has mark you...

o yes, this crime in the making has sent the past to claim you, the very heritage of your blood now sucks you to your doom for such an attempted deceit. Do you think it is by luck that Nobility becomes so, NO! it is the very gods them selves that life base kind into the ranks of Nobility and class, and you thought you could slip unseen a sea cuckoo to gain by trick such gifts of the gods, good fortune and breading, yes?

Or was there some darker intent, could it be you sort to bake your bonds to the sea with this conniving act?

yes, no?

And now the wrath of the gods has been awaken and dread walks your lives. Then who do you look to for salvation but none other then very family you sort to ruin.Have you no shame!!

I myself see no reason why we should help such as yourselves but for one fact, we are gentile and good, we are noble and live my means of pride, and as such we must show the way of what is right and true. Something has sort to harm our family and this means Vedanta, that means blood for blood. I care not if you and your whole village sicks into the waves and is never seen again. but I do care about things that belong to the family being taken, a true wife or not she was ours! So you will help us, you will give us everything we ask for and in doing so you may just have a chance to save yourselves and this village.

Now We need food as rest, a few hours in a safe place should do and the we will set out, we will need to talk to Lira your priest about what has been going on and other things. You, you can go about setting up your defenses as you see fit, and hope we can help.

1d20 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 4 = 23 Diplomacy


Male Humanoid (Elf) Alchemist 1 / Artificer 5

Castiel stands absorbing the information being presented and pensively strokes his chin. At Sama continues to speak he becomes agitated and nervous. He begins looking around at the reactions of people in the crowd and then looks down and begins fiddling with his invention to avoid eye-contact or any immediate association with the raving woman accusing the villagers of causing their own victimization.


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

Rasso sidles his way over to Bryce and whispers in the giant's ear "I'm not sure what she's on about. But that was fun wasn't it?"


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

"The Lady Dizit Sama is any thing but raving. she is hard and calculating, lets just see how deep this pride in being taken by the sea gos, how many more lies will we find"


Male Humanoid (Elf) Alchemist 1 / Artificer 5

I'm all for finding out the truth and gaining information, but perhaps insulting the natives with ocean powers isn't the best tactical move.


The people are more upset at the priest for revealing the secret than they are at Dizit, and the priest is surprised you told on her so quickly. She walks off quickly, visibly upset. Nobody is speaking. They appear to be shocked, at what has just transpired.

The others two council members watch Lira storm off, not knowing what to do.


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

O boy did I mess up, some how I missed the line - She ask the villagers to move away so that she may talk to Dizit with some measure of privacy. They do so begrudgingly. - village new. I think it must have been because I read the post went out and came back then posted with out rereading, Now I see why every one thinks my PC is nuts. I made a mistake in playing my. I Would you let me drop that whole action GM I made a mistake with reading your post and responding later :(

EDIT- Thanks Gm redo the action as below

Dizit will have said this.

"That fight was a hard one, most vicious and brutal battle, our wits are at and end and such a crux that we are in need of most humble of rest any fine foods you may posses. After must beg after such a fight that Lira your priest come with us for such matters of healing and rest. Kind village folk a few hours is needed in a safe manse, any strong building should do and then we will set out to aid you yet more. Please we beg of you wile we are gone you need to start setting up your defenses as you see fit, we will help as best we can but you need to keep safe from what seeks you in the sea. Lira please could you come with us your aid is needed."

1d20 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 4 = 23 Diplomacy


Fair enough. You can redo the action if you wish. :)


I did not know you had changed your response that quickly.
Lira says, "Yes I will come with you. Let us go quickly so that I may answer any more questions if I can."

She then turns to the other villagers and says. "I am going to aid our new friends. The rest of you do what you can to prepare for another assault."


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

"Uhrm, excuse me Ms. Lira, when did Gerlach dissapear? How many villagers have gone to the sea? Has there been any fightin' other than what we jus' did?"


Male Humanoid (Elf) Alchemist 1 / Artificer 5

Castiel listens intently absent-mindedly to Lira's responses as they are led away. He was never one for interrogations. He would much rather find his answers in the real world. People are so unreliable.


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

Dizit will touch every one and set up mind links with the party as the hub, last of my Power points for today

::"We can all talk like this no one will over hear us, when you do please use the name of the person you want to talk to 1st, Ms. Lira as Rasso has asked, what do you know? Please tell us fully, and what do you know about this old ruin off the cost here about, every one I really need to rest soon, today has taken a lot out of me."::


It seems my post was eaten. I was wondering why nobody was posting.

Lira says to Rasso "Gerlach left about a week ago. None of the villagers have gone to the sea since then, except for the ones that were kidnapped. That was the only altercation"

To Dizit "As far as the ruins none of us has been to them. Well maybe Gerlach has, but nobody else. It has always been rumored that they are dangerous."

PS:All of that was in "mind speak" for lack of a better term.


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

With that information Dizit needs to rest so she go's and sits with her back to a wall and closes her eyes, becoming still as stone for a few hours.

All powers end wile she rests


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

"Did you personally see Gerlach come out of the sea and take the others? How many did he take? Are there gillmen still left in the village?" Rasso asks Lira quietly, out of hearing of the other villagers.


Still using mindspeak

"He did not lead the assault. It just seems very strange that he claims to be closing in on a cure for the "gillman curse", as he calls it, while visiting the Azlanti ruins, and all of a sudden the village is attacked. I don't think he would attack the village, but I do think he is involved, even the attack was a side affect of his actions. "

While the party is talking and mindspeaking a man, how is clearly an not from the village is walking down the main road. He is headed towards the party, but at the same time appears to be lost.


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

hold the rest wile the new player says hello.
Dizit looks up at the man he walks toward them.

"Hello, can we help you Sir" She asks.


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

The man is young, but with grey hair and age lines criss-crossing along his face. He walks over to you and bows curtly from the waist. "Greetings. My lord has sent me on a pilgrimage and I was hoping to consult with the local priest, but I found the town deserted and damaged." He pauses as he sizes you up, and though he does not reach for a weapon his pose grows slightly threatening. "You seem to be a rather... unusual group. Would you know anything about this?"


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

"Well meet kind Sir, My Name is the I am Alice Vanderholt and this is my Husband Alex Vanderholt, we seem to have lost some of our reliives here we hopped to me, the test of out body guards"

Dizit smiles and offers her hand to be kissed, (she ill set up a mind link if Mordecai dos.)

"I am sorry Sir would ask of you your name so that we may know what to call you"


Rasso wrote:
Rasso sidles his way over to Bryce and whispers in the giant's ear "I'm not sure what she's on about. But that was fun wasn't it?"

Bryce, taking way too long to come down off his chemical/adrenaline high, gives the mer-man a wide-grinning nod before listening in on the conversation. "Love yer work," he comments good-naturedly to Rasso.

Bryce watches the approach of the newcomer with mild interest… until the man's stance becomes threatening. Bryce steps closer, his own demeanor darkening slightly. "Might wanna take it easy, buddy." He's a huge young man, and his giant heritage isn't exactly subtle. At seven and a half feet tall, he dwarfs nearly everyone except the strange merman in the room, with thickly powerful limbs, and a face that wears a dumb expression… only his eyes giving away an above-average intellect. What draws your eyes, however, is his blade… which is as tall as a small house and looks like it would be unwieldy even in a giant's hands (it's a Huge greatsword).


I was about to ask about the huge greatsword, but now I remember the 3rd party feat. :)


:D


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Mordecai hesitates and then bows to kiss the lady's hand.

After all, he thinks, suspicion of mass murder is no cause for suspension of good manners.


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

::"Thank you Stranger, I am sorry to talk to you like this but we seem to be in a village of the Dammed and they would not take kindly to some of the things we need to talk about. We are a group tasked to find out what is going on here and what we have found is most shocking, but before i tell you more please tell us Sir something of yourself and why you should be here, the truth will help as our lives may depend on it, you may ask the cleric if what I say is true."::

Wile Dizit is thinking this she is talking about now nice the weather is for this time of year.

Concentration check 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Mordecai's pose relaxes slightly as the lady speaks into his mind.

::"I do not understand how we are speaking, but I will indulge you, lady... as I said, my lord sent me on a pilgrimage to learn of my god, and I happened to pass by here. I take it that you are not the ones who have caused these villagers to disappear. My lord rules these parts and has ordered me to provide aid when required- might I thus offer my assistance?"::

201 to 250 of 633 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamplay thread for All broken up inside All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.