Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Shore to Sea: All Broken Up Inside. (Inactive)

Game Master concerro

The heroes are called to investigate a young man's claim that something from the sea kidnapped his fiancé while he was visiting her at a remote village. What was it, and will the heroes be its next victims?


51 to 100 of 633 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Lapith Eldritch Godling

after trade agreements are done.
"well if that everything I suggest we make haste.


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

Dizit gets ready and heads the waggon.


Male Humanoid (Elf) Alchemist 1 / Artificer 5

Castiel Loads up the back of the wagon with his supplies and shuts himself up inside to begin his grand invention.


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

A bit tipsy from his quickly drinking as much expensive rum as he could while sitting inside, Rasso will skitter and stumble back and forth on his way to the wagon. He begins to sing a bawdy ballad in aquan to a tune only he can hear. All the time gesturing dramatically with his strange claw hands.

Aquan:

It's about a mermaid having relations with a squid. Definitely not something for polite company.


Bryce throws his back into the loading as well, all the while leaving his ginormous sword resting against the eaves of the roof. At first he scowls at the singing fish-bowl, but as time goes by, he seems unaware that he's nodding in time to the strange tune.


Male Humanoid (Elf) Alchemist 1 / Artificer 5

Castiel leans out of the covered wagon as his space is further invaded by other people's supplies. "Hey! Careful with him! " Castiel shouts, gesturing toward Bryce who is pulling a horse covered in bronze light armour and tying him to a follow. He goes back to tinkering, sipping on a special tea he has brewed that helps him to think. alchemist's extract: crafter's fortune.


Still bobbing his head to the merman's tune, Bryce continues yanking on the mule. "Castiel. You either get to do it your way or have me do it mine... the two don't mix."


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

Dizit stands to one side and wile the others set to getting ready, wile not seeming to she looks around closely seeing if any one is keeping an eye on their actions.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 Perception

Once she has had a look around, Dizit gets onto the front with the drives,

"Shall we be off, the day is getting short"


Dizit looks around, but nobody seem to be paying special attention to the group. Rasso gets some odd looks, but nobody seems to be sticking around.


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

Then we set off GM, safe trip?


I was just making sure no other ideas came up before you officially left town. I will pick things up tomorrow if nobody chimes in and you will be on your way. :)


The party loads up, and makes their way to Blackcove without incident.

Hidden from the coastal road by overhanging cliffs, the battered homes and hovels of this ramshackle fishing village cling precariously to the coastline. You also see a stone tower that serves as a lighthouse.
At the pier you see boats, and a little ways from the shore you see some people fishing, seemingly trying not to go out to far. Other than those who are fishing the streets are empty.


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

head to the Inn if they have such a thing, unload and get rooms.
Any one who wants to have a look around please do, the Inn or where ever will be out base, ill be sorting the costs etc, so feel free to get a water craft, find things out, get stuff you need etc.


Male Humanoid (Elf) Alchemist 1 / Artificer 5

A minute after the carriage comes to a halt, a shout can be heard through the sleepy town "EUREKA!!!" Castiel bursts out of the wagon with what appears to be: a tranlucent garbage bag attached to a house fan with bicycle handles. "Rasso, was it? This is the A.P.O.D. Let's take this thing down to the water and see how it works. We might be able to get some clues before the light is completely gone. " I assume it is mid-afternoon at this point?


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

Why didn't we just ask for a feather token (swan boat) only 450 GP...-face palm-

Rasso's eyes do this O_o before he says "Yarr...okay.." and trundles down to the beach behind Castiel.


Male Humanoid (Elf) Alchemist 1 / Artificer 5

Because I can make that in the morning for half the cost
Castiel mounts his horse carrying his equipment in his backpack. He, like the young woman at the meeting, stuffs more into his bag than should fit. They proceed to the beach and begin looking for clues.

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


Is the party going to try to find an inn or check the beach first?


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

They are going to play in the water Gm wile I and others I think will be finding an Inn

Dizit looks Castiel just before he heads off,
"Do you mind if I use some magic to keep in touch with you and Rasso are on the beach"

She places her hand on his, then her voice enters his mind

"If you find this discomforting I can stop. But I can communicate with you by means of thought alone and over some distance, if it is not to much to ask, please could you think my name and think to me what you find at the beach. I will respond if I hear my name Castiel, and do not worry I can not read you thoughts only hear what you send by means of thought."

She smiles at him.
"Wile we look for rooms for us, doing this I can tell you what we find and you can tell me what you do, if you agree please think yes"

Dizit takes her hand of his an waits to see of he agrees.

Power Mind-link 60mins 1pp


Male Humanoid (Elf) Alchemist 1 / Artificer 5

Intriguing Castiel thinks as he mounts up and heads out with Rasso. Yes, I shall tell you what we find.


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

"Thank you Castiel, good luck with your device testing"

Dizit then turns from the two heading to the beach and go's to stops a passing local, asking them.

"Could you tell us, where a good Inn or boring house can be found in the village."


So which of you is going to the beach?


Male Humanoid (Elf) Alchemist 1 / Artificer 5

Rasso(in his shell) and I (upon my horse)


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

Yeah, I'm following Castiel, not sure what Bryce and Leon are doing.


Male Lapith Eldritch Godling

I will be joining Dizit
"Hopefully the locals will be nice."


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

"lets see Leon, I do hope so"
Looking at the local again
"Now about that Inn sir, could you point the way?"


There are no locals outside except for the ones in the fishing boats.

As those looking for an inn glance around they notice the town has a very deserted look to it, and if not for the people out in the boats, the town would appear to be deserted. As you are walking you do hear some noise inside of a cottage.

Those on the beach know they are in direct line of sight of the villagers in the boats, but they don't acknowledge you.

Anyone on the beach can make a survival check:

DC 15 survival check:
You find fresh seaweed and clawed
footprints in the sand, as if something came up out of the
water and dragged villagers back into the sea.


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

knock on the door with the sound.


Nobody answers when you knock.


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

Knock again, Hello can any one help us, we have come the town about some one being taken, we are here to help


Nobody answers you.


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17 Diplomacy

"Please we are here to help, we can make things better, you do not need to open the door just tell us what is wrong here?"


Male Humanoid (Elf) Alchemist 1 / Artificer 5

Survival Check 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1


Even on a 1, Bryce hits that Survival DC... everyone take a look at the spoiler.

Bryce wordlessly points out the seaweed, the tracks, and the lack of village folk. He sums it up simply, "Either something dragged all these folk into those boats... or the problem has gotten worse.

He doesn't wait for anyone's confirmation before he pulls two vials out of his belt.

"Anyone know what kind of tracks those are?"

Knowledge: Dungeoneeing/arcane (to identify tracks) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10.

Just getting an Enlarge and his Transmutation ready. :)


Male Lapith Eldritch Godling

"hmm...this can not be good."

Is the door unlock?
casting detect magic


Male Humanoid (Elf) Alchemist 1 / Artificer 5

Castiel also attempts to identify the tracks k(any) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Well, shall we go in after them? Castiel says, holding up his inventions hopefully.


Bryce answers his woven friend as he leans down to look for traps on the door. "I think we're gonna check out this shack first..."

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20.

If he finds nothing, he turns to offer the door to Rasso, "Aint it standard procedure for the fish tank to go in first?"


Male Humanoid (Elf) Alchemist 1 / Artificer 5

I think it's one or the other, Bryce. Either you're at the shack, or you're on the beach, I'll be contacting Dizit to join us as soon as Rasso or I find something though, so probably not going to cause any major changes. I would want to go for a swim anyways, for example.


Oh, well, I guess ignore that last post and assume Bryce is at whichever location had the tracks? The shore group?

Sorry, sleep deprivation.


Male Humanoid (Elf) Alchemist 1 / Artificer 5

How is the young one doing?


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

Discuss in the discussion thread. :P

Rasso will look at the tracks, does he recognize them?

Knowledge (Arcana, Religion, Nature) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 Bah. Not with that roll.

"I've got no idea what made these tracks. Coulda been me fer all I can tell. Why are these humans so scared? What's goin' on here?" Rasso wonders. Not seeing anyone around to inquire about a boat, and unsure of the track's meaning he wanders back the to the shack where Lady Dizit is inquiring at the door. "Want me ter open it up?" he asks.


The Lady Dizit Sama wrote:

1d20 +10 Diplomacy

"Please we are here to help, we can make things better, you do not need to open the door just tell us what is wrong here?"

You still receive no answer, nor do you hear any noise now.


Bryce Brinner wrote:

Even on a 1, Bryce hits that Survival DC... everyone take a look at the spoiler.

Bryce wordlessly points out the seaweed, the tracks, and the lack of village folk. He sums it up simply, "Either something dragged all these folk into those boats... or the problem has gotten worse.

He doesn't wait for anyone's confirmation before he pulls two vials out of his belt.

"Anyone know what kind of tracks those are?"

Knowledge: Dungeoneeing/arcane (to identify tracks) 1d20 + 5.

Just getting an Enlarge and his Transmutation ready. :)

You can tell it walked on two legs, but the exact creature type is unknown.


Leon Hardins wrote:

"hmm...this can not be good."

Is the door unlock?
casting detect magic

The door has no magical aura. It is also not locked.


Rasso:
"I've got no idea what made these tracks. Coulda been me fer all I can tell. Why are these humans so scared? What's goin' on here?" Rasso wonders.

"Hmm… me either. And honestly, most humans are scared cause they're pretty soft. Get a bad flu. Dead. Get a sword stuck in yer gut. Dead. Have a mysterious sea monster come at night and drag you into the depths of the ocean? Dead." He shrugs at the merman with a smile, "They're not as fortunate as us, I guess."

He seems to think the merman's idea of checking on Dizit's shack is a good one, and follows.


Male Humanoid (Elf) Alchemist 1 / Artificer 5

"Hold on a moment. " Castiel says and then appears to be deep in thought.

Lady Dizit? Can you hear me? We're here at the beach and we've found some tracks leading into the water. Looks like the young woman is not the only victim here. How are things on your end?


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

Dizit steps back to one side and uses a power

Inertial Armor 1pp +4ac 6hours. AC now 22.

1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26 Concentration roll to hide power use

Then she says

"Castiel, We are about to enter one of the shacks to see of any one is still here"

Then looking at Hardins she says.

"Master Hardins, would you be so kind as to open the door for me. But please be careful, I fear for what we may find."


Male Humanoid (Elf) Alchemist 1 / Artificer 5

Castiel thinks to Sama again " Alright, we'll continue investigating here for now "

" They're doing alright still, let's keep searching for a moment longer. " Castiel then presents his invention to Bryce to put on as they wade into the water. He drinks his mutagen then takes a deep breath. An enormous breath. It seems like he expands his lungs beyond what any normal creature should be capable of.

Love internal alchemist archetype, also can we get a consistency between telepathy and speech? I suggest: telepathy-italics speech-bold


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

"Telepathy can be bolded italics."

"Alright, we going into the water?" Rasso asks.


At the house:

When you enter you see a vase, and unwashed dishes broken on the floor, and a cat on the counter close to where the dished would have been. The house seem to be very clean other than the dirty dished. Off in a corner is a shrine of some sorts.

knowledge religion DC 15:
The alter/shrine is dedicated to various deities of the sea.


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17 Knowledge (Religion)

"How convincing, a cat, with broken plates and all, but Im not buying it for a moment. Now if some one other than a cat was in here, and they wanted to hide well lets see now"

Dizit looks around.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25 Perception

51 to 100 of 633 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamplay thread for All broken up inside All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.