Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Shore to Sea: All Broken Up Inside. (Inactive)

Game Master concerro

The heroes are called to investigate a young man's claim that something from the sea kidnapped his fiancé while he was visiting her at a remote village. What was it, and will the heroes be its next victims?


551 to 600 of 633 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

"Well lets have a look and see what this gent has for hospitality"
Dizit Smiles at the other.


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

DM said we're in a hallway.

"Castiel, do you know how to find traps? This hallway might be less than friendly." Rasso says, peering at the walls.

Any decorations, or just plain stone?


Male Humanoid (Elf) Alchemist 1 / Artificer 5

" Unfortunately, trapfinding is not my specialty. You appear to be the hardest one to hit though, perhaps you should go first."


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

"Alrighty. Will do." Rasso says, trundling forward down the hallway.


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

"If you find a trap I do know some thing about disabling them"


Rasso the hallway is rather plain. Any decorations that used to exist have been worn away over time. The walls themselves are barely there. The lecture did give you a room number and name, and while not all of the rooms are numbered anymore you are able to count doors, once you find 2 rooms are numbered to find the room that should contain the mirrors. You(the party) make you way to the room, and are now outside of the door.


Male Humanoid (Elf) Alchemist 1 / Artificer 5

I place a jam in the doorway before entering, using my buckler to prevent the door from sealing behind us. What do we see?
if the door is locked, here's a skeleton key roll for disable device
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30


I checked earlier and Castiel's post was not here, strange.

The key you received from the professor opens the door.

You see the lenses tucked in a corner, and it seems that there are only 3 left that are not broken. They are not floating freely like some of the other debris in the room. It seems as if some force is holding them in place.


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Mordecai strides into the room, his pets covering his flanks. Carefully he bends over and, not daring to touch the lenses, focuses his magical senses to try and identify what is keeping them aloft.

Detect Magic
K. Arcana1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Spellcraft1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9


Mordecai you are unable to figure out anything that relates to what is holding the lenses in place.


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

So I do not sense any magic holding it up?


You can detect magic in the area, but you can't identify the school of magic or figure out how or why the lenses(non broken ones) are floating in the corner..


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Aye.

Mordecai stands up and looks around the room for an exit or a staircase. "There is magic here, but I cannot identify which type. I suggest we mvoe on."


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

"Agreed."


You can leave through the door you use to walk in through. I am assuming you are leaving the lens behind.


Male Humanoid (Elf) Alchemist 1 / Artificer 5

correct. I'll enter the next door


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

Dizit prods a lens with a stick


Dizit prods it with the stick and streak of electricity shoots out.

Make a reflex save with a +2 bonus vs DC 20 for half

damage:4d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 5, 5) = 18

Just to be clear the lenses are only floating about 5 feet off the ground.


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Mordecai gives a tiny smile as he watches Dizit get zapped. Fool


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 + 2 = 20 ref Save

The electricity shoots out just catching Dizits arm that seem to move with amazing speed for a moment. She holds up her burned and blacken hand that changes back to healthy all on its own all by itself.

GM Dizit actions after hit.:

1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 34 Concentration to show no signs power was used

Race power, 2hp back per 1PP 4pp used = 8hp.

From what she has seen she going to try and work out what it is/dos

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 Spellcraft
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 Arcana

"Just as I suspected, they now have power, whats the evil Mage building do any of you know, what this dose before we just leave it behind?. I have a intolerance to magic death rays"


Dizit has not idea what just happened, other than it being magical.

The dice gods are fickle beings.


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

which is fair as shes a Psion and all this magic mumbo-jumbo nonsense is really not her thing :)


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

Knowledge (Arcana) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Spellcraft 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
Use Magic Device 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21

What can I determine about this thing?


The GM goofed.

I should have rolled another spellcraft for all of you. I just did and Dizit would have noticed the evocation coming from the lenses.

Rasso you notice that the entire room has a transmutation aura, and you notice the untouched lenses still have an evocation aura.

You could not however determine which spell effect if any zapped Dizit.

Dizit in light of this new information you can decide what you would have done, assuming you knew about the evocation aura on the lenses.


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

Ill stick (haha pun) with what she did unless another stops her GM


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

"Whole room's putting off transmutation and the lenses putting off an evocation...apparently it's a lightning trap." He says looking at Dizit and chuckling a bit. "You okay there Lady?"


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

"yes could have done with that waning before hand next time dear Rasso, now do you have any idea what this thing do's?"


I don't think so, do I GM?


Male Humanoid (Elf) Alchemist 1 / Artificer 5

" It shocks those who are foolish enough to remain here wondering. Let's advance further. " Castiel says turning to the next room.


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

"So you have no idea in other words castiel, I see"


DM Jelani wrote:
I don't think so, do I GM?

When you were in the observatory you noticed broken lenses. It seems that these lenses were the ones the professor in the graveyard spoke of, and they would be helpful for operating the machine. The lecture by the professor told the group how to get them in place. Of course figuring out how to operate the machine will still be needed. Dizit's lens no longer has an aura so it is safe to take with you or you can can come back and get it later. It is heavy though, 50 lbs to be exact.


Male Humanoid (Elf) Alchemist 1 / Artificer 5

" We'll come back for it later. I doubt that the machine will pick up and run away while we are clearing the rest of the area of threats. Besides, we would not want to be disturbed in the middle of our work by the current tenant of this place. "


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

"Agreed, it seems that these belong in the machine below. But before we spend time trying to reconstruct the observatory we should make sure this place is clear." Rasso says.


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

Dizit looks at the lens Always disarm a deathray


So you are going to check the other rooms Rasso?


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

Yeah, I think Castiel wants to as well. I'm honestly having a hard time picturing this without a map. Can we get a detailed description of the layout, what we've seen so far and what other doors/passages there are to explore?


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Or if that would be too much, maybe a Zork description?
There is a door to the north and west. The western door is green.


The book does not give me a map either, but I can make some thing up.
The hallways is kind of like this, but there are no rails/borders to keep you from falling over the edge. The building is also circular in shape.

The inside of the room seems like a storage area. On the floor are broken lenses. The ones that are intact are floating in a corner just off of the floor.

Each room you enter is its own room. There are no doors to other rooms. To enter another room you must go back out into the hallway.


The tower is similar to this except that it is more uniform in shape.

The other difference is that the bottom and top half are not connected, but the top half still floats. That is why you had to fly to get to the upper floor.


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

Dizit gos back to the Hall way and looks for another room, stealthily

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

So if we follow the "hallway" we'll be circling around the tower right? Is it only one level? How many doors are there on the way around besides the lens room?


Each floor has 13 rooms. This floor is the only one still in tact. By that I mean you can circle the entire floor without having to jump or fly.

Yes you would be circling your way around the tower.

-------------------------------------------------

Dizit you see several other rooms on the floor you are one. For the purpose of labeling we will say this(lens room) room is 1F.


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Mordecai shrugs. "Let's just move on. Unnecessary care and planning will just slow us down here."

Head on to the next room we haven't visited


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

"Why lead on Mordecai, because I am starting to get the feeling your in a rush to find some thing here. Please tell us again just why you are here? I get the feeling we are helping you in a set task."


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

"I really am not. I am just a passer-by, lady Dizit. Nothing more."


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15 Sense Motive, sorry about this but shes just very paranoid all the time


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Diplomacy to be convincing:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
You sense I am not bluffing, I suppose.


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

yes she seems happy for now but she still has misgivings, some thing of not right about Mordecai Shrykeson just passing by and being in this much of a rush to find out whats going on here, wile telling them nothing of who he is or who he works for. Some thing just dos not add up, what that is she just dos not know


Male Humanoid (Elf) Alchemist 1 / Artificer 5

"We don't have time for this, let's just each take a door, open it, and report what we see from the doorway without going in. At least on this level. The complex is small enough that we can come to each others' aid in short order. "
Castiel will suggest this, and if there is disagreement, he will go first, pushing each door open and looking in until something of particular interest strikes his fancy.

Skeleton Key for locked doors:

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

Perception check for each room:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

"I agree with the necromancer. Lets move on to the next chamber. There's a lot of rooms here."

Lets head to 1E or 1G then.

551 to 600 of 633 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamplay thread for All broken up inside All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.