Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Shore to Sea: All Broken Up Inside. (Inactive)

Game Master concerro

The heroes are called to investigate a young man's claim that something from the sea kidnapped his fiancé while he was visiting her at a remote village. What was it, and will the heroes be its next victims?


451 to 500 of 633 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Castiel makes it up the cliff, and so does everyone else without incident. There is a building to the far left, and to the far right. You may go to either building or continue one.

I don't know if I mentioned it or not but this place is kind of like a wedding cake with each cliff/layer a little smaller than the one below it. It is not as round since the cliffs have rock that jut out at points, and destroy any hope of a uniform shape. You are now up to the second area.


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

Up up up, we can come back for these. Lets stop Gerlach first.


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Mordecai continues up the cliffs, ignoring the two buildings.


You get to 60 feet which is about halfway up to the next cliff when the a strong wind is encounter. All flyers need to make fly checks.


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Cloaker 1-1d20 - 8 ⇒ (17) - 8 = 9
Cloaker 2-1d20 - 8 ⇒ (19) - 8 = 11
Cloaker 3-1d20 - 8 ⇒ (10) - 8 = 2
Dire bat -1d20 - 8 ⇒ (12) - 8 = 4

The clumsy flapping of wings does nothing to stay the wind's onslaught, blowing Mordecai's pets around like leaves.


Male Humanoid (Elf) Alchemist 1 / Artificer 5

Castiel watches in horror as the Skit and the ropes begin to tangle and fall along with the zombified creatures. "This is not going to end well. "


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

Fly 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 Yeah nat 20!


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

suing this power to get up cliff so not flying, runs 1 hour

Defy Gravity:

Discipline Psychoportation
Level Psion/Wilder 2, psychic warrior 2

MANIFESTING
Display Olfactory
Manifesting Time 1 standard action

EFFECT
Range Personal or close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target You or one willing creature or one object (total weight up to 100 lb./level); see text
Duration 10 min./level (D)
Saving Throw None; Power Resistance Yes (harmless, object)
Power Points 3

DESCRIPTION
You gain the ability move yourself, another creature, or an object up and down as you wish. A creature must be willing to be affected, and an object must be unattended or possessed by a willing creature. You can mentally direct the recipient to move up or down as much as 20 feet each round; doing so is a move action. You cannot move the recipient horizontally, but the recipient could clamber along the face of a cliff, for example, or push against a ceiling to move laterally (generally at half its base land speed). An affected creature that attacks with a melee or ranged weapon finds itself increasingly unstable; the first attack has a –1 penalty on attack rolls, the second –2, and so on, to a maximum penalty of –5. A full round spent stabilizing allows the creature to begin again at –


Rasso and Dizit are not affected by the strong winds.

random direction:1d8 ⇒ 8 north
random distance:1d6 ⇒ 5 x 10 50 feet

random direction:1d8 ⇒ 7 north west
random distance:1d6 ⇒ 6 x 10 60 feet

random direction:1d8 ⇒ 3 South east
random distance:1d6 ⇒ 3 x 10 30 feet

random direction:1d8 ⇒ 4 South
random distance:1d6 ⇒ 1 x 10 10 feet.

Strength check of wind to see if it can snap ropes:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

The ropes don't break but the the horse is slammed against the cliff.

2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5 nonlethal damage

The distance is how far the creatures end up apart if the ropes do break. .

Everyone other than Castiel and Mordecai has made it to the next cliff. Castiel still has 2 more rounds of climbing. Right now the creatures are being thrown around. It becomes obvious that even on their best day they won't escape the current on their own. They will have to wait until they are forced out of its influence or the party frees them, if it is possible at all.

Do those of you that can fly continue on or try to free the zombies, and the horse.


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

Rasso continues on.

Yay evil alignment. I would try to help if I had more than a +2 to fly, but I'm not likely to get lucky again. Rasso doesn't risk himself for others.


Male Humanoid (Elf) Alchemist 1 / Artificer 5

Castiel shouts up to Mordecai after watching his companion slammed into a cliffside " Call them down, it's not worth the risk to go further up with him. I'll tie off somewhere and we'll continue. "


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Mordecai hestitates, then nods to Castiel and with a barked order the bats and cloakers descend to hunch over the ground. Following at his heel, they slowly set off up the cliff.

They have 20ft movement, not sure what checks you want us to make.


It seems the winds only prevent you from going up. Descending is rather easy. They(undead) make it down to the first cliff.


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Can they now follow me as we try to climb up the cliff?


Male Humanoid (Elf) Alchemist 1 / Artificer 5

Castiel hobbles Skit nearby amidst any shrubbery or other natural effect that may mask the horse's presence. "Be safe" He says in a low tone before turning back to climb back up the mountain.


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

Dizit looks down as the others work to get up, "Lets hope this time it works, that wind seems some what unnatural"


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

"Indeed, it might be this Gerlach's doing. Or whoever he is working for." Rasso says.


Mordecai Shrykeson wrote:
Can they now follow me as we try to climb up the cliff?

Yes they can follow you. You also need to make climb checks, and I noticed that you have a hefty penalty to your climb check also.


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Hmm can you tell me what DC they need to meet? As a judge of how difficult the cliffs will be to climb?


25 without a rope, 5 with a rope. You have to make this climb twice. Each climb is 40 feet. That is 4 climb checks for each one unless the party can think of another way to help you up the side of the cliff.


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Mordecai thinks for a moment and the smiles as an idea occurs to him.

"Dizit!" he calls. "I require your aid!"

After she returns, he explains his plan. "These" he says, detaching a length of rope from his shoulders, "are muleback cords. They are a magical item that enhance ones lifting capacity. With the aid of these, you should be able to carry my pets up the cliff one at a time. Would you be willing to do this for me and for the party? These pets will be great help in taking down Gerlach if they can pass this barrier."


Male Humanoid (Elf) Alchemist 1 / Artificer 5

Castiel calls up to Rasso. "We would greatly appreciate if you would lower down your rope to aid us in our ascent. "


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

If Rasso can hear Castiel...

"What rope!?" he yells back, holding up his empty hands.


Male Humanoid (Elf) Alchemist 1 / Artificer 5

These ropes:
p. 7 of the campaign.
Castiel Aug 9 9:20 wrote:
I recommend we send one person up with the least costly flight method. They can tie off ropes at each level and the rest of us can climb up behind. "
And
Castiel Aug 14 7:10 wrote:
"Right then. I'll wait here for you to send down ropes. We'll use pulleys to get Skit up there once you've cleared the way. Good luck with those cloakers."


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

After standing there watching Mordecai and Castiel hem and haw about climbing up the cliff, Rasso grumbles something under his breath in Aquan. Then he yells down, "I can teleport the two of you up here, but all your pets are on their own. Unless youse got a better idea. We stand here long enough we're probably just gonna get attacked again."


Male Humanoid (Elf) Alchemist 1 / Artificer 5

Castiel finishes re-winding the silk rope, and then he attaches one end to an arrow and fires it diagonally toward the next level. He calls up: "Catch!"
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

"Yarrr! That's better" he says grinning. Rasso will retrieve the rope and tie it off to a large rock or tree.


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

Dizit Agree and .looks an on Mordecai works with the robs and fixs each of his undead pets one at a time to her back, she then takes each up to the next level.

Sorry I missed the request all done

As the last one gets to the top she looks around to she what is there.


I will assume Mordecai got the same treatment since him climbing on his own is not exactly a good idea. He could push off the rock with his feet to avoid the places where the cliff juts out. This all assumes Dizit will also help him up also. Of course if he wants to rough it....


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

Yes Dizit will take them all up.


There were only 2 cliffs to climb, but the 2nd one was still high enough for you to have to deal with the wind affects. The last cliff has several buildings but the big domed building Sara referred Gerlach using to is not the one in the center. It is off to the side.

I am assuming Gerlach is still the target of interest:

Quote:


A cracked crystalline dome surrounded by overgrown, walled courtyards rests here in ruined splendor, precariously supported by intricately curved columns. Smashed doors of coral open into the pervasive gloom within. Inside, the crystal dome reveals a remarkably clear night sky. Dozens of glowing metallic globes, spheres, glyphs, and crystal
lenses circle in swirling orbits around the room, some held together in corroded metal mounts. Periodically, a lens pauses, briefly concentrating the light of some distant star upon one of the glowing glyphs circling the perimeter of the massive orrery.

There are real doors to stop anyone from entering the building. If you choose to go inside you see:

The metal spheres and crystal orbs of this orrery orbit freely through the air, some serving as intricate mounts for lenses that focus concentrated starlight on a series of perimeter-orbiting glyphs. The observatory is 200 feet in diameter, and the dome is 60 feet high in
the center. Its lenses cracked, its glyphs faded, and its spheres out of synchronization, the once finely calibrated machine now works only erratically.


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

GM Detect psionis


The entire building emits an aura of overwhelming divination and conjuration magic.


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

"Its and observatory of some kind"


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

"No sh*t sherlock...lets head inside? Maybe we can turn this damn wind off if we kill whatever's in there." Rasso grunts sarcastically.


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

"Sherlock? I'm sorry but I am not aware of that cultural reference point, please explain it's origin"

Two can play at smart a**


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

He's an inquisitor of Abadar from some silly stories...Nevermind. Shall we?"


You look around and it is easy to see that the machine is amazingly complex with all sorts of dials and buttons, but it is still magical in nature. What will your actions be?


Male Humanoid (Elf) Alchemist 1 / Artificer 5

Castiel looks about at the intricate observatory. He makes no effort to hide his fascination. "This is brilliant!" He says, picking up a piece of the demolished machine. "Imagine what this could become if we added some polycrystal conduits and red type toggles. "
Castiel will inspect the wreckage for salvagable parts and put them in his pack
Appraise Check
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

DM:
My class ability lets me pull wealth from magic items by disassembling them, so I'll collect the most expensive things that could fit into my pack. Ideally, that would be anything not bolted down.


Only the lenses are really broken, but seeing as how they are unique to this machine nobody else would really care for large pieces of glass unless they needed it so they could cut out smaller pieces of glass. You might get 5 gp for it.


Is anyone else going to do anything?


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

In an empty room full a broken machine of amazingly complex worth 5gp, if thats all thats in the room not a lot we can do

"Can any one read the faded glyphs here"


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

"Don't think so Dizit. At least I can't." Rasso will begin to systematically search the building, and then the entire top of the cliff area for hidden entrances. He seems to be muttering to himself in Aquan the whole time, the only word anyone can make is out is the name Gerlach repeated often.

Take 20 to search the entire top of the mountain thing, starting with the building. I'll keep going until I find something. If I don't, I'll climb down to the middle level and search the two buildings there.


Taking 20 gets you a 21 Rasso.

You notice 2 steles that are actually in decent condition. They are written in an ancient language(Azlanti) however. A linguistics check might also help figure out what it says. Beyond these two things there don't appear to be any clues. A spellcraft check may help to manipulate the machine, but the results of not knowing how to operate the machine(failing the spellcraft check) are unknown.


Female Elan - humanoid (aberrant) (PP58/52) psion (Telepath) (6th)

1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24Linguistics on any writing


You are not able to figure out what the stele is saying. You do get that it is instructional in nature, but that is about it.

The DC is low enough for you to get, but it does require a high roll. You are also allowed to take 20, but it will also take at least 20 minutes since each check is 1 minute.


Male Humanoid (Elf) Alchemist 1 / Artificer 5

"Perhaps I can be of assistance" Castiel says, whipping out his personal lab from his backpack. He examines the glyphs and prepares an unknown concoction. Finally, he consumes the elixir and his eyes glow with knowledge. "It says:..."

preparing an extract of comprehend languages. This process takes one minute.


The first stele gives instructions on how to use the lens to with the machine, but the lens is broken as previously mentioned. A device known as a "armillary amulet" also helps to operate the machine, and makes you immune to the device's self defense mechanism(which can result from sabotague attempts or incorrect operation).

The second stele tells you to "consult your professor so that a replacement might be retrieved.”


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Mordecai gasps at the sight and, with an enthusiasm at odds with his previous grimness, darts forward and begins running his fingers over the machine speculatively, examining its shell and visible workings and making the 'cooing' noises usually resulting from the collision between a 6 month old baby and a gaggle of mothers. "Beautiful..." he whispers as his eyes dart over the machine, inspecting every crevice and angle.

Hearing Castiel, he steps back alarmed and looks at him. "What self defence mechanism?"


Male Humanoid (Elf) Alchemist 1 / Artificer 5

"As long as we don't tamper with it, we should be unaffected. Now, onward! "
Castiel directs the group to the next area, holding the door open for Sama and the rest.

451 to 500 of 633 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamplay thread for All broken up inside All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.