Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Shisumo's Skull & Shackles

Game Master Shisumo


251 to 300 of 1,773 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Male Human Luring Musketeer 3

I believe I can stay up late to take additional actions. I think I'll do that.

I knew my mother's words and my father's deeds would enrapture the crew. I found a good stopping point and let the fervent listeners know I would certainly be ready to offer them more on subsequent evenings.

Thusly, with the rum still buzzing in my head and the elated feeling of a rapt audience, I felt it necessary to continue the evening. I wondered who amongst the crew I have yet to get to know. There were quite a few, certainly. A gnomish gentleman with an enormous purple hat and other stylish clothes caught my eye. I daresay, I like the cut of this man's gib, I thought. He seemed to be bringing a bit of the panache to the life of the pirate, unlike many of these salty chaps. Perhaps he might have an interesting story to tell.

A good evening to you, sir! I am Artevious de Poisson, at your service. You have quite the look of the pirate about you, and I mean that in the very best way. I am pleased to make your acquaintance, as one crewmate to another. So, how did you come to be aboard the feared Wormwood?

Diplomacy (with rum, entertainment, and trait bonuses) 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Well, it was a good run while it lasted...


HP 8/28, AC 18/11/17, F +6, R +3, W +5, Init +1, Per +1

Eleuterio gives Rosie a small bow to lessen the offense of bumping into her. "O' course, Miss Cusswell. While what ye suggest is an anatomical impossibility, I have no doubt ye'd do yer damnedest to follow through on't." He regarded her for a brief moment, then recognition fought through the haze of intoxication. "Wait, I remember ye now - ye're the lass that wanted her fiddle back! We should really see to gettin' Grok to give ye that back, as I'm sure Artevious would relish some musical backup for his stories."

Mechanics:

OK, not going to give up on this, especially when I've got a bunch of bonuses floating. I'll use Grok on this, and Samms as well, if nobody objects. With my natural Charisma, plus the alchemical bonus, that should give me a +11 Diplomacy roll.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

Bam-ba-lam!


F: +2 R: +6 W: +3 Per: +10 Init: +3 HP: 21/21
DM Shisumo wrote:
"I really thought you'd be better at this," she observes.

"You and me both. This whole 'press-ganged by sadists' thing has apparently robbed me of my charm. I think I'm going to go get some rest, before we start again tomorrow," I sigh before offering a polite bow. "Thank you, Lady Besmaran, for being one of the bright spots on this otherwise blackened and bruised journey. Rest well."


As soon as Artevious starts talking, he has the uneasy sense that his chosen partner for conversation is not as enthusiastic about speaking with him as the cavalier had initially hoped. Indeed, the gnome's mouth turns down further at every word, and Artevious notes the other's eyes continually flick between himself and the rapturous crowd he just left.

"My name," the gnome says icily, "is Conchobar Turlach Shortstone, and my story, sirrah, is not for tongues as ill-bred as yours to twist into another pathetic 'romance of piratical adventure.' I pity our fellow crewmen, that their palettes are so untutored as to find your meandering yarn anything less than cause for a keelhauling. Good evening to you, sirrah, and take care that our paths cross not again." Shortstone then sniffs once for good measure before turning on his heel and stalking away.

All that, and you have to make a DC 14 Constitution check (with your current penalties from rum damage) to avoid being fatigued tomorrow to boot. (sigh)

Earlier, and on the other side of the deck, Rosie stares up at Eleuterio for a few long moments before her face splits into a sudden, fierce grin. "You're right, it would be impossible," she says, chuckling. "I'd definitely need something to stand on." After a few more giggles, the other half of the paladin's words sink in, and she gasps. "You think you could get me back my fiddle? Ah, if you could manage that, you can bet Desna's sweet t##+ that you'd have a new friend for life. You really think you can pull it off?"

And Evril heads to bed, where he finds Chum already sawing logs in his hammock.

Chum:
The exhausted condition will wear off when the rum does, and getting a full night's sleep will take care of the fatigued condition as well. You'll be fully rested in the morning. However, you need more interaction with your Sense Motive targets to try to get a read on their attitudes - although you might well be able to just guess them at this point...


Male Human Luring Musketeer 3

Mechanics:
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8If I'm not mistaken, only when there are penalties of even numbers do they affect the stat -- something Pathfinder changed so you don't have to keep referencing the ability score.
Ouch. Not that it matters here.

I watched the gnome walk away, rather stunned. I wasn't meandering... I muttered to no one in particular.

I suddenly felt very tired. I dragged myself off to my berth, trying to settle my stomach that for some reason had twisted itself into knots. The morning bell would come too soon, I knew, as I slept fitfully.


Male Half-elf Storm Druid 3; 21/24 hp

Shisumo:
That's why it was spoilered, didn't know if it would apply. A full night's sleep will allow him to heal a single point of CON back, yes?


Chum:
It will indeed. In fact...

Everyone remember you heal back 1 point of Con damage overnight.

Anything else that needs to happen tonight?


HP 8/28, AC 18/11/17, F +6, R +3, W +5, Init +1, Per +1

He claps Rosie on the back as an old friend. "Only one way ta find out, lass! C'mon!" He leads the strapping young halfling lass to Grok, stumbling slightly across the deck. "Grok, I've a favor ta ask of ye, ye saucy lass! Me good friend Rosie - say hi, Rosie - says ye're in possession o' her fiddle. I was hopin' ye could see it in yer heart o' hearts to give it to 'er." He cocks his head for a moment, struggling to think through the haze of alcohol. There was something else, but he couldn't quite recall it at the moment.


Grok looks up from her own cup of rum, blinking a little groggily (ha! pun intended) before saying, "Hunh? Whassat? Her fiddle?" She studies the halfling for a long moment, and Eleuterio begins to worry she's forgotten about the topic of conversation entirely, when she suddely shrugs and says, "Ah, whatthehell. C'mon, cutie. You too, Short Stuff. Less go get yer fiddle." She leads a stunned and hopeful Rosie and a beaming Eleuterio belowdecks, into the darkened galley and up to the door of her shop.

Checking something... 1d100 ⇒ 81.

She pulls on the door, only to discover that it is, of course, locked. With a muttered curse, Grok fishes a ring of keys out of her pouch, fumbles with it for a moment, then unlocks the door (on the third try). Grok heads toward one of the lockers built into the hull, unlocks and opens it as well, and pulls Rosie's fiddle from within. It is a finely-made piece of equipment, with a rich, rippling finish across the back. Rosie snatches it and runs her hands over the grain of the wood, studying it as closely as she can in the dim light, but her face bursts into a massive grin and she impulsively hugs Eleuterio's knee. "You did it!" she crows, almost bouncing. "You unbelievable, beautiful, brilliant f%#^$er! C'mon, I'll play some for you guys!" She all but drags Eleuterio and Grok back above, jumping onto a barrel and tuning the fiddle quickly before beginning a raucous tune. The halfling plays with considerable skill, and the song is apparently an extremely earthy drinking song, as a number of the pirates start singing along with it as Rosie hoops and hollers her way through the trickiest parts.

And there's another 150 XP for all of you for making Rosie helpful.


The next morning, you wake up in time for the first bell, mostly recovered from your previous night's adventures - all except Artevious, who seems still a bit worse for wear after not quite enough sleep. Still fatigued, which will potentially affect your rolls for work today. The Wormwood has apparently turned her course in the night, as the sun is rising only a couple points starboard of the stern. If you'd like you can make a Knowledge (geography) or Profession (sailor) roll to interpret what significance, if any, this southwestern turn might possess.

Your day is a little more pleasant than yesterday, as you each find yourselves visited by some of the friends you have made over the last couple days; Samms continues to chat with Artevious as they work in the rigging, while Sandara, Rosie, and "Crimson" Cogward keep Chum and Evril company on deck and Grok and Fishguts talk with Eleuterio down in the galley.

Daily tasks. Artevious' assignment: 1d6 ⇒ 1.
Chum's assignment: 1d6 ⇒ 1.
Evril's assignment: 1d6 ⇒ 4.
Chum's assignment: 1d6 ⇒ 4.

Artevious spends his day making more repairs in the rigging. DC 10 Climb checks sufficient to reach thirty feet up, and then a DC 10 Dexterity or Profession (sailor) check. Rosie can offer you a +2 bonus on the Climb checks if you need it, and any of your allies among the crew can offer a +2 bonus on the Profession (sailor) check.

Chum gets his turn in the bilges today; it is every bit as fun as it was for Evril the day before. DC 12 Strength check, followed by a DC 10 Constitution check to avoid fatigue at the end of the shift.

Evril, on the other hand, is working the ropes today - it's not has hot, but it is definitely harder on his hands. DC 10 Profession (sailor) or Strength check, followed by a DC 10 Constitution check to avoid being fatigued at the end of the shift. Any of your allies among the crew can offer a +2 bonus on the Profession (sailor) check.

Fishguts' sobriety check: 1d100 ⇒ 2.

Unfortunately, while Fishguts is friendly and chatty, he is almost completely insensible with drink, and Eleuterio's own head is pounding a bit heavily too. The paladin needs to find a way to both make some food for the crew and hunt some sea turtles to have that food to make; not the best day in store for him, it would seem. DC 10 Profession (fisherman) or Survival check to catch the fish; DC 10 Profession (cook) or Intelligence check to make the meal, and because you have to do both, you will take a -4 penalty to both checks. If you take any ship action today, both checks automatically fail.

You can all choose your ship actions for the day.


Male Half-elf Storm Druid 3; 21/24 hp

Mechanics:

Strength check DC 12 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3
Constitution check DC 10 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

Not up to the task, Chum finds himself having to take numerous breaks through the day. As he does so, he investigates the bilges (not realizing that Evril has already done the same thing).


Male Human Luring Musketeer 3

'Mmm up, 'mmm up, I groggily thought as the bell rang. I looked about through heavy-lidded eyes for the morning boxing routine. I almost welcomed the thought of someone pummelling me into blissful unconsciousness. No? No one? Anyone?

With a sigh I dragged myself up to the deck. I swayed about on deck as I was given my assignment. I mumbled an affirmative to Mr. Plugg and turned toward the rigging.

I stood for a moment, letting the cool morning breeze blow some life into me before attempting the climb. Time to take this slow and steady.

Climb check: 1d20 ⇒ 6 Oof! Okay, one more time!
Climb check: 1d20 ⇒ 17
Climb check: 1d20 ⇒ 11
I daresay, I am feeling quite off my game today! Say, Miss Samms, could you lend me a bit of assistance and hold that piece of sail in place whilst I lash it down?
Profession (sailor) check: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 = 11


F: +2 R: +6 W: +3 Per: +10 Init: +3 HP: 21/21
DM Shisumo wrote:


Evril, on the other hand, is working the ropes today - it's not has hot, but it is definitely harder on his hands. [ooc]DC 10 Profession (sailor) or Strength check, followed by a DC 10 Constitution check to avoid being fatigued at the end of the shift.

Mechanics:
(Going Shopping) Profession(sailor):1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 (sigh)

Con: 1d20 ⇒ 16

I try to keep my mind focused on the task at hand, but I keep drifting back to my disastrous conversation with Tilly. I'll have to see if Reis can work his charm on her, and convey an apology. My daydreaming hasn't helped, however, as the tough-as-nails swab shoves me out of the way with a growl.

"You're fouling the lines, you idiot. No wonder all you seem fit for is Scourge's practice dummy. Get out of the way!"

With a sigh, I take a few minutes to visit Grok below decks. "Pardon me, Lady Purser, but I understand you to be the one to see about getting my gear back, and perhaps a lock or six for my bin?"


As the druid is sitting down on a bit of hay, he spots a tiny glint of metal in the dark waters of the bilge. Scooping it up, he discovers it is a handaxe, and a surprisingly well-made one, although it has not weathered its immersion in the briny waters all that well. The axe is masterwork, but also has the broken condition. Seeing value in it, Chum scoops it up before returning to work.

Spider check: 1d100 ⇒ 9

Unfortunately, part of the reason his work goes so slowly is probably the large spider that drops out of the cobwebs overhead and tries to bite him.

Spider's initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Artevious' work goes fairly smoothly, after an initial bit of trouble getting his feet under him on the ropes. He still has a ship action he can take today, though.

Grok smiles at the Andoran sailor when he knocks on the door to her "shop," and throws him a broad wink when he makes his request. "No problem, handsome," she replies. She disappears from view for a moment, then reappears with Evril's gear and passes it through the window in the door. "Now, lovely, I've only got some basic locks, but you're welcome to 'em. Anything more than that, though, and I'll need gold." She'll give you a simple lock for free, but if you want an average or good lock, you'll have to pay the listed price in the core book, 40 or 80 gp, or try to sweet-talk her into handing them over. She doesn't have any superior locks available.


Male Half-elf Storm Druid 3; 21/24 hp

Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Tiebreaker would appear to favor the arachnid. Uh-oh.


Indeed it does.

The spider lands on a barrel next to Chum, then leaps toward him. It is the size of his forearm, and evidently quite angry about being disturbed.

Attack roll: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13, damage 1 nonlethal and a Fort save (DC 10).

Your action.


Male Half-elf Storm Druid 3; 21/24 hp

Mechanics:
Fortitude save 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 Phew!

Attack 1d20 + 0 + 1 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 0 + 1 - 2 - 4 = -4 including BAB, MW, broken, non-proficiency

Feeling a momentary burn from the bite, he snatches up the rusty handaxe and swings wildly at the spider, missing badly. Realizing the futility of continuing and that the burn was already fading, he moves away from the creature.

Attempting to get out of reach to let the spider calm down. If only a 5' step is available because he 'drew' the axe, that's fine.


The spider dodges the swing, but apparently has no more interest in Chum, as it flees back up the wall and into the webbing above once more.

For the record, a casting of mending by a 3rd level caster would be all that would be required to fix the axe and restore it to full functionality.


Male Half-elf Storm Druid 3; 21/24 hp

In the meantime, Chum will see what he can do with elbow grease to remove the rust.

Keeping an eye out for more spiders, Chum continues his efforts for the day's task.


Male Human Luring Musketeer 3

Despite the weariness threatening to overtake me, I pushed the gloomy thoughts of my failure to ingratiate myself to the patch-eyed gnome. My father would never let such setback effect him so! I chided myself.

I spotted another rigger I'd yet to speak to. A halfling, by his stature, though he had a rather pinched face making him look kind of ratlike. No matter, I swung about and called a greeting to him.

Hello, there! A very fine and pleasant day to you, sir! Artevious de >yawn< Poisson, at your service. Sorry, but the revelries last night were quite extensive, and I feel a bit the worse for wear. No regrets, though, for I believe many enjoyed my mother's tales. I believe you were amongst the crowd, were you not?

I daresay, I think if we are to be rigging and jigging as we are, we ought to get ourselves introduced! What be your story, my good man?

Diplomacy (with trait and entertainment bonuses): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12


The halfling shrugs, seemingly uninterested in sharing his story, whatever it might be. He does offer his name, "Ratline" Rattsberger, but nothing more.

Looks like Artevious' silver tongue has turned to lead, to borrow a phrase. Still waiting on Eleuterio to make his rolls and take his action, though.


HP 8/28, AC 18/11/17, F +6, R +3, W +5, Init +1, Per +1

Eleuterio rolled out of bed at the sound of the bell - not the wisest of things to do when one is forced to sleep in a hammock. He came face to floorboard with the deck, and groaned in both pain and protest. "I feel like my head is ready to split," he grumbled as he rose from the floor. "I have got to lay off that rum - it's dangerous."

Eleuterio's day did not improve when he heard both his daily task and Fishguts' raucous voice slurring out a bawdy tune from the galley. There would be no time for discussion or searching today - he would have to put his nose to the grindstone if he wanted to avoid a lashing. Between sea turtles and cooking the meal, he knew which one would draw greater ire if it were not done, and so focused his attentions on cooking.

Mechanics:

Not sure if I can use the "work diligently" option or not, but I'd like to. If I can't, just subtract 4 from my cooking roll.

"Sea Turtles, Mate": 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (20) - 3 = 17
Profession (gastronome): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Whoa, I might have actually done it!


Unfortunately, the fact that you even get to make both rolls assumes you are "working diligently" - that's why doing anything else results in automatic failure.

Although Eleuterio manages a surprisingly good haul from his turtle hunting, he discovers that Fishguts was actually doing a lot more work than the Iomedaen had realized, and his own efforts turn out to be inadequate to the challenge. When the time comes for the food to be dished out at sunset, all Eleuterio has to dish out is a barely-lukewarm stew that is probably only safe to eat because he thoroughly soaked it all in rum. The crew reacts poorly to this discovery, shouting angrily at both Eleuterio and his technically-upright-because-Grok-is-supporting-him superior, and both are signed up for their turns before the mast as well.


Everyone except Artevious (but including Fishguts) face a lashing during the Bloody Hour. Evril suffers 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 nonlethal, 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 nonlethal and 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 nonlethal from a series of lashes from Mr. Scourge's whip, while Eleuterio and Fishguts both take 3 nonlethal from "rope bashes" (clouts with a knotted rope that deal 1 nonlethal each).

Chum, however, receives special attention: the half-elf has failed his assigned tasks two days in a row, and Mr. Plugg assigns him a total of 6 lashes as punishment. Mr. Scourge grins viciously has he begins to swing. Chum takes 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 nonlethal, 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 nonlethal, 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 nonlethal, and 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 nonlethal, which knocks him unconscious and causes him to suffer 1 lethal damage as well. Scourge continues to swing, dealing 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 lethal and 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 lethal. The half-dead druid is untied from the mask by a furious - if carefully-contained - Sandara and a surprisingly angry-looking Crimson Cogward; the cleric murmurs a prayer over Chum while glaring daggers at Scourge, who doesn't seem to care all that much. Chum is healed 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (8, 8) + 3 = 19 damage, lethal and nonlethal both.

With the Bloody Hour done, the crew lines up for the rum ration once more.

Drink or no drink? And you can take your nightly ship actions if you wish.


F: +2 R: +6 W: +3 Per: +10 Init: +3 HP: 21/21
DM Shisumo wrote:
She'll give you an average lock for 40gp.

"I'll be right back, dearheart," I say with a wink, as I leave to discretely retrieve the coinage. Give me the finest lock you can spare, 'keep, and the key as well," I ask, Placing the 40g on what serves as a desk in the cramped confines of the ship's store.


HP 8/28, AC 18/11/17, F +6, R +3, W +5, Init +1, Per +1

No rum for me tonight. I've taken too much Con damage.


Given that you risk lashes for not drinking it, what is your plan for not doing so? Trying to hide the fact, or taking the lashes? Something else?


HP 8/28, AC 18/11/17, F +6, R +3, W +5, Init +1, Per +1

Think I'll try to hide it for now. I'm guessing that's going to be a Sleight of Hand check?

After receiving his rum ration, Eleuterio makes his way to the side of the ship, trying his best to look inconspicuous as he pours the rum over the side.

Mechanics:

Sleight of Hand: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


It's a Stealth check, actually, but your roll was good enough regardless. You still have a ship action, though.


HP 8/28, AC 18/11/17, F +6, R +3, W +5, Init +1, Per +1

When nobody seems to have noticed that his cup has mysteriously gone dry, Eleuterio decides to head back belowdecks. Now that he had plenty of time, he decided to give the galley a thorough search. Still, he wanted to be cautious, and quietly crept through the tight passages until he found himself back at the chaotic mess Fishguts called his own.

What should I roll, boss? Stealth again?


Yes. DC 10. Success, however, allows you to take 20 on a Perception check to search the galley.


Male Half-elf Storm Druid 3; 21/24 hp

Mechanics:
Stealth to hide rum wastage 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Stealth(?) to go to Grok & Fishguts' quarters1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Taking 20 on Perception gives him a 30 on the check

Even knowing it's coming, Chum can't resist grimacing as the whip bites into his flesh. It's with some relief that the darkness takes him and it's a very pleasant surprise indeed to see the face of Sandara Quinn above him when Besmara's blessing brings him back to wakefulness. Is she more beautiful when she's angry, or is it because she's the reason I'm not chum yet?

He chuckles at his internal joke that he tries to cover with a coughing fit. "Thank you once again, Miss Quinn. I shall owe you my life many times over at this rate. And my thanks, Cogsward, I think I can stand now."

Even with the amazingly effective healing he received, Chum is a bit more unsteady on his feet for a moment. His sea legs under him, he gets in the ration line with everyone else before moving to the side of the ship away from Eleuterio to watch the wind play on the waves. He pretends to sip at his rum until he believes no one is looking and pours his out, as well.

After some time staring off into the distance, he heads belowdecks, thinking to learn what he can. He finds himself near the door to the shared quarters of the cook and the purser and decides to have a look. If they find me, I'm looking for Grok to see about getting my things.


HP 8/28, AC 18/11/17, F +6, R +3, W +5, Init +1, Per +1

Mechanics:

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


Male Human Luring Musketeer 3

Blinking through tired eyes, I rather listlessly ate the our nightly ration. Quite disappointing fare, I must say. That's something that doesn't get mentioned much in the tales. When the food is not something to write about, it's generally pretty bad.

I dozed slightly on decks during the bloody hour. Quite the awful sight, and hated to see my comrades punished like that. I certainly must do better to win this crew over, I thought.

Not having gained any headway with the crew this day, and a meal that still hadn't shaken me from my fatigue, I longed for my hammock. I turned toward it rather determinedly, yet was interrupted by the queue for the rum. I sighed.

I most truly do appreciate the offer, but I must decline. I'm heading to bed now, for a good pirate is an awake one. I look forward to being refreshed and energetic in the morning.


F: +2 R: +6 W: +3 Per: +10 Init: +3 HP: 21/21
Artevious de Poisson wrote:
I look forward to being refreshed and energetic in the morning.

"Well, this ought to be entertaining," I muse while carefully waiting for an opportune moment to dispose of my own ration before heading on to my hammock.

Spoiler:
Dunno if this will help at all, but I intend to use the impending kerfluffle with Artevious to cover my own wasting of the rum.

Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12+ any circumstance bonus that may be available


Grok frowns as she looks between Artevious and the cup of grog she's holding out. "Ah, sweet thing, that's not really an option. Cap'n's orders - drink your grog or take six lashes," she murmurs, trying to push the mug into his hand.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the deck, Evril tips his drink into the sea before heading downstairs.

Below, Chum and Eleuterio spend some time poking through the galley and the cabin shared by Grok and Fishguts. Chum finds little of interest within the cramped cabin, where two beds and two footlockers make up the entirety of the furnishings; the footlockers are locked, and Chum really has no way to open them that would leave them intact. Next door, though, Eleuterio finds all sorts of interesting things as he makes his way through the galley. These include: a masterwork dagger being used as a butcher’s knife, a pair of handaxes used as meat cleavers, 11 knives, a short sword, a vial of holy water, a good lock hanging unused off a pantry cupboard, 2 pounds of soap, four waterskins, a barrel of poor wine, six bottles of good Chelish brandy (Appraise Check #1), three bottles of magnificent rum (Appraise check #2), a large cookbook (Appraise check #3), a prosthetic leg made of wood and edged with a silver band (Appraise check #4), and 12 sp fallen behind a cupboard. In addition, a trio of harpoons, a spear, and a grappling hook hang on the walls.

All Appraise checks are DC 20.

Appraise check #1:
worth 20 gp each

Appraise check #2:
worth 12 gp each

Appraise check #3:
worth 125 gp (using the tome while cooking grants a +1 circumstance bonus on Profession [cook] checks)

Appraise check #4:
the band is worth 45 gp

Special extra Appraise check:
Shockingly, the most valuable thing in the room is actually the grappling hook.


Male Half-elf Storm Druid 3; 21/24 hp

Mechanics:

Appraise #1 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Appraise #2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Appraise #3 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Appraise #4 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Appraise special 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Yeah, should have said, but I have no interest in busting into personal lockers at this point.

Chum is not terribly interested in the value of the items, but it looks like the rum would fetch a good price in port. What it would be... he shrugs.


Male Human Luring Musketeer 3

I stared at the mug pressed into my hand. My stomach protested the very thought of imbibing another round. I smiled weakly at Grok and nodded my head.

What do I do? I thought. Could I go against the Captain's orders? I must not have been thinking clearly -- it was the fatigue, it must have been, because simply pouring it out when no one was looking seemed perfectly obvious, and a fine choice despite the mutinous undertones.

I raised my cup up high. A toast! To the Wormwood's sure helm! No finer a ship in all the blue realm! I tipped the cup to my lips, but took no more than a sip before taking it away. I smiled and nodded, and looked for an opportunity to dump the rum.

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Gaah! The dice roller has decided it hates me!


HP 8/28, AC 18/11/17, F +6, R +3, W +5, Init +1, Per +1

Eleuterio is astonished at all the swag that Fishguts had accidentally appropriated over the years in his galley. Honestly, did he bring these things here, or did they just get left here on accident and buried over time by his creative organizational skills?

If I don't take some of this stuff now, will I have to make another Stealth check in order to "reappropriate" them later?

Mechanics:

Appraise 1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Appraise 2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Appraise 3: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Appraise 4: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Appraise S: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Artevious looks around after he pours the rum overboard, and believes at first that his deception has gone unnoticed - but then he catches the eye of Conchobar, who is staring directly at him and slowly grinning. Reaching up to tug at the brim of his hat - almost as though tipping it to Artevious - the gnome turns and strides across the deck to Mr. Scourge, where they begin to whisper together. Scourge looks up sharply, eyes narrowed at the Pistoleer, but the same nasty grin Conchobar held spreads to his face as well, and he unconsciously strokes the handle of his whip where it hangs coiled from his hip.

Am I correct in assuming that Artevious is joining Evril in calling it a night early?

Eleuterio: If you want to come back and steal it later, a separate Stealth check would indeed be required. But then, you're the cook's mate and Fishguts seems to like you - you could just ask for it too...


Male Human Luring Musketeer 3
DM Shisumo wrote:


Am I correct in assuming that Artevious is joining Evril in calling it a night early?

Quite.


HP 8/28, AC 18/11/17, F +6, R +3, W +5, Init +1, Per +1

Eleuterio grabs a few of the items from the galley, then makes his way back onto deck to mingle and make himself known, then heads back to his bunk.

Mechanics:

Taking: four of the knives, the short sword, the holy water, the lock, two of the waterskins, and the loose change.


Male Half-elf Storm Druid 3; 21/24 hp

Chum notes Eleuterio's selections with interest and raised eyebrows, but says nothing and takes nothing himself. When Eleuterio pauses to stash his stash, Chum returns to deck so they are not seen coming back at the same time.

He does not stay long, returning to his bunk for the night.


The next morning (by which you have healed your usual amounts), you hear the call of "Land ho!" from the lookout. Two points starboard from the bow, you see the faintest traces of green and brown on the horizon, breaking up the otherwise steady line of blue ocean.

Knowledge (geography) or Profession (sailor), DC 15:
Those are the islands known as Dahak's Teeth.

Each of you is given your tasks in the morning, but less than an hour after you begin, the young man working in the bilges that day - the one you've seen doing scrimshaw in the evenings - bursts on deck, rushing over to Mr. Plugg.

Perception, DC 10, everyone but Eleuterio:
"Mr. Plugg! Beggin' yer pardon, sir, but I was just down in the bilges, catchin' rats like ye told me ta, when somethin' huge swum outta the water and bit me, sir!"

Plugg looks up from listening to the boy's words, and he points at the three PCs on the deck. "You three!" he snaps. "Get that bloody fool Iomedaen from the galley and go down to the bilges! Don't bother coming back up til whatever's down there is dead."


Male Half-elf Storm Druid 3; 21/24 hp

Mechanics:

Profession (Sailor) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

If allowed to see the bite, attempt to determine what he can:

Knowledge (Nature) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Chum tells Evril, "Get Eleuterio - I will meet you at the bilges."

Walking over to the boy, Chum asks, "Can I see the bite, lad? It might tell us what we are up against."


Male Human Luring Musketeer 3

Profession: Sailor 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

[Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Yes, sir! I replied with enthusiasm. After the positively awful day yesterday, I was eager to set myself to the task as requested. Something vicious in the bilges! Exciting!


Unfortunately, the bite mark tells Chum little. It is not a large bite - the chunk of missing flesh is no much bigger across than the width of his two thumbs pressed together - but beyond that, he cannot say what might have caused it.


Male Half-elf Storm Druid 3; 21/24 hp

He thanks the boy and makes haste to join the others. If he spies a cudgel he can use, he will take it with him.


F: +2 R: +6 W: +3 Per: +10 Init: +3 HP: 21/21
DM Shisumo wrote:
Plugg looks up from listening to the boy's words, and he points at the three PCs on the deck. "You three!" he snaps. "Get that bloody fool Iomedaen from the galley and go down to the bilges! Don't bother coming back up til whatever's down there is dead."

Mechanics:
Profession (Sailor): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 Nice

Knowledge(Geography): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 (bardic)
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

As I pass the Galley on my way to my storage bin, I poke my head in and call out, "Hoy! Sir Reis! His Holiness Master Plugg as ordered a crusade to clear the bilges. Something tried to eat the Carver boy." I return to the galley with the three maces I collected during my turn at the pumps, and offer one to Chum as he descends the stairs. "Did you need an 'Instrument of Instruction,' as my Maths professor called them?"

Pausing a moment, I throw my head back, and rub my brow. "Armor.. I got my leathers back. I should probably make use of them."
I go put my armor on, as the others prepare.

251 to 300 of 1,773 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shisumo's Skull & Shackles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.