Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Shisumo's Skull & Shackles

Game Master Shisumo


201 to 250 of 1,610 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human Luring Musketeer 3

Is this a regular happenstance on board the Wormwood? I thought. My knuckles were going to be terribly bruised if this keeps up, to say nothing of other parts.

Unarmed strike: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 versus the fat man.
Damage:1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


F: +2 R: +6 W: +3 Per: +10 Init: +3 HP: 11/21
Alamon Titus 'Chum' Seaborn wrote:
Just having a little fun here - he wants to sow doubt among her friends about her loyalty...

What is he doing?! I think to myself, as I leave Fipps to Reis and turn my attention to the rising woman.

Mechanics:
Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 2

Giving the other man a look that somehow manages to blend incredulity with a complete lack of comprehension, I punch the woman in the face.
Biff!: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Pow!: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Still need an action from Eleuterio.


HP 13/28, AC 18/11/17, F +6, R +3, W +5, Init +1, Per +1

Sorry, thought my Round 3 action was my action for this round. Math is hard.

Round 4

Eleuterio dodges away from Fips' return headbutt, and grabs the man by the neck with one arm, throwing a punch into the man's midsection again.

Mechanics:

Attack Fips: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Eleuterio's punch finishes what his headbutt and Artevious' blows had started, sending the fat man to the deck, sprawled half over the unconscious half-orc. Evril's punch connects with the crazy-eyed woman's jaw, and she rocks back, the sudden pain seeming to distract her from her confusion at Chum's words. Sense Motive for Syl: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15. Sense Motive for Aretta: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1.

Hesitating, not sure what to make of the situation, the big-eared Taldan pirate switches to a much more defensive posture before striking out at Eleuterio again, and she continually glances between her foe and her erstwhile ally with a wary expression. Fighting defensively, Aretta punches at Eleuterio again: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8, damage 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 nonlethal. The crazy-eyed woman glares angrily, launching a kick at the fumbling Chum as she calls out, "It's a trick, Aretta! Ignore him and let's finish this! We've only got a few more seconds!" Unarmed strike on Chum: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20, damage 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 nonlethal.

Think you ticked her off, Chum. You guys are up again.


Male Half-elf Storm Druid 3; 9/24 hp

Hehe, looks like it. Chum's nonlethal damage equals his current hit points.

If he's conscious:
He will step back away from Syl, chuckling, "Yeah, Aretta, ignore me. Of course Syl wouldn't doublecross you."

Bluff 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 3

If he's no longer conscious, he sags back against the wall and slides down into an ungainly and somewhat bruised pile.


Chum is staggered, but conscious. However, it seems clear his wounds are impacting his already weak ability to lie with a straight face...


Male Half-elf Storm Druid 3; 9/24 hp

Maybe, but she still has to figure out what he's lying about.


F: +2 R: +6 W: +3 Per: +10 Init: +3 HP: 11/21
DM Shisumo wrote:
You guys are up again.

"She's probably not wrong about that, gentlemen. I'd *hate* to be tardy two days in a row..."

Hoping to quiet the woman before she can turn her attention to me fully, I throw another punch at her face. Maybe this will even out her eyes..

Mechanics:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
I may have to take up boxing....


Male Human Luring Musketeer 3

We had taken out the menfolk of this pugilistic party, yet the ladies seemed to want to continue the fight. I considered it rather distasteful to hit a woman, though I daresay these two were more pirate than princess. They seemed to hit just as strong as the men, as poor Chum would attest.

Please, ladies, desist! I've no wish to keep this brawl going! You're outnumbered, but you've fought valiantly. Come! The first swig of rum is on me!

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


HP 13/28, AC 18/11/17, F +6, R +3, W +5, Init +1, Per +1

Round 5

"Chum!" Eleuterio shouts, the crazy-eyed woman finally drawing his ire. He steps to where Jaundice had been, and boxes her ears.

Mechanics:

I don't believe anyone's moved since I posted the map, so I'll move so I can attack Syl.
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Eleuterio's blow knocks the crazy-eyed woman off her feet and she collapses to the deck where her allies already lie. The last one, looking back and forth between the four of you and the unconscious forms on the ground, abruptly turns and runs abovedecks, leaving you the sole claimaints of the "field of battle."

200 XP for each of you.

At the top of the ladder, Sandara appears, gazing down the steps. "What's taking you- By the Queen! What happened?"


Male Human Luring Musketeer 3

Why, nothing but the usual round of morning fisticuffs! Quite an odd tradition aboard the Wormwood, but I suppose it does tend to produce a rough and tumble crew.

I recognized the Besmaran woman from yesterday, and realized I still owed her thanks. I sallied the ladder, doffed my hat and gave her a low, flourishing bow. Artevious de Poisson, at your service. I owe you a great many thanks for your procurement of my pistol yesterday. I am indebted to you, Miss Quinn, and look forward to repaying such kindness. You need but ask.


Male Half-elf Storm Druid 3; 9/24 hp

Chum says, "We'd best be abovedecks soon."


HP 13/28, AC 18/11/17, F +6, R +3, W +5, Init +1, Per +1

"They thought they could take us. They were wrong. I'll be interested to see if Scourge punishes them the way he would have punished us." He extends a hand to Chum to help him up from the floor, looking back to Sandara. "I understand I have you to thank for returning my symbol - other than your choice of patrons, I have no quarrel with you. Chum is right though, we need to be on deck. Now."


Chum might make it to the deck with greater alacrity if he had sliiiiiightly less nonlethal damage...


Male Half-elf Storm Druid 3; 9/24 hp

He was waiting to see if the Besmaran cleric would offer.

"Go on, I will catch up," as he closes his eyes and says a prayer to Gozreh.

Cure Light Wounds 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

As the majority of his bruises fade, his eyes clear and he hustles after the others.


F: +2 R: +6 W: +3 Per: +10 Init: +3 HP: 11/21
Eleuterio Reis wrote:
"Now."

"Careful, Sir Reis. Captain might be tempted to hand the lash over to you, next," I jokingly caution. "You are correct, however. Chum, do you nee.. oh. Carry on."

Seeing that everything is well in hand, I hop up the stairs two at a time, making sure to press heavily on a few exposed fingers as I step over the unconscious crew.


Artevious de Poisson wrote:

I recognized the Besmaran woman from yesterday, and realized I still owed her thanks. I sallied the ladder, doffed my hat and gave her a low, flourishing bow. Artevious de Poisson, at your service. I owe you a great many thanks for your procurement of my pistol yesterday. I am indebted to you, Miss Quinn, and look forward to repaying such kindness. You need but ask.

Sandara smiles, dimpling, at Artevious' chivalry (and thus fails to note Chum's dire need of her medical attentions). "It was a trifle, Master de Poisson, and one I would do again for one such as yourself. After all, it is... rare... to find someone who is so enthusiastic in the pursuit of the pirate's life." She beams, but Eleuterio's words and Evril's reply catch her attention, and she nods agreement. "Yes, let's get above before Scourge notices. It should be satisfying to see these toadies get their turns before the post tonight, but I've no interest in joining them."

Abovedecks, the Wormwood is well out to sea, nothing but blue sky and blue water all around her. When Harrigan notices three of his crewmen have failed to report, he sends Caulky Tarroon, the captain's girl, below to find them, but the rest of the crew more or less ignores the event and goes about their tasks.

Sense Motive, DC 15:
You notice, however, that a flicker of disappointment crosses Scourge's face when he sees that you have come topside and the other three have not.

Artevious' task: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Chum's task: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Evril's task: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Eleuterio's task: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Fishguts' sobriety: 1d100 ⇒ 92

Mr. Plugg assigns Artevious to maintaining the ship's lines (this requires a DC 10 Dexterity or Profession (sailor) check), while Scourge assigns Chum as runner for messages (requiring a DC 10 Acrobatics check and a DC 10 Constitution check - in addition to failing the task, failing the Constitution check means he will be fatigued at the end of the shift) and, with an evil grin, sends Evril down to the ship's bilges (requiring a DC 12 Strength check to succeed; he must also make a DC 10 Consitution check to avoid fatigue). Belowdecks, Fishguts seems functional, if not truly sober, and sends Eleuterio above "ta get shum f'sh f'rth' shtew" (requiring a DC 10 Profession (fisherman) or Survival check to catch enough fish).


Also, note that non-officer characters who are at least friendly can help out with some tasks. Sandara Quinn, Barefoot Samms Toppin and Crimson Cogward can each offer a single +2 bonus on a check involving Profession (sailor); these bonuses are only available once each day, so you'll have to decide who gets them (and some may go to waste today).

When you roll for your daily task, go ahead and choose your ship action for the day as well (and make any rolls that action requires while you're there...


F: +2 R: +6 W: +3 Per: +10 Init: +3 HP: 11/21
DM Shisumo wrote:
When you roll for your daily task, go ahead and choose your ship action for the day as well (and make any rolls that action requires while you're there...

Is there anyone else down here? Alive, I mean.


Male Half-elf Storm Druid 3; 9/24 hp

Mechanics:
Acrobatics 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Constitution 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24 to check out the main hold

Looks like a good day for some 'splorin'. With those rolls, I'm not going to get anything else done.


Male Human Luring Musketeer 3

I waved my morning greetings to the other riggers as I set about to maintain the ship's lines. As it seemed little challenge to my abilities, I decided to rush things a bit and slip off early to make my acquaintance with the quartermaster.

Dexterity check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

When I entered the cramped storeroom, I bowed and introduced myself. Ahoy and hello there! I take it you are Grok, then, the quartermaster? Artevious de Poisson, at your service. I was not sure what I was expecting in one named "Grok", but she certainly met them.

I gave her a broad smile despite wondering about the scar across her neck. I understand you have recently made the acquaintance of a Mr. Reis last night. He and I are among the newest crew members on the Wormwood. I confess I have only known Mr. Reis since coming aboard, but he strikes me as stalwart and true, and any friend of his is a friend of mine. I am at your service.

if Grok seems inclined to conversation, I will indulge her, but ultimately I will steer the conversation toward my purpose for being there.

It's come to my attention that our original belongings have been looted and pillaged from our persons when we had been brought aboard. I can hardly find fault in such actions, as it is what pirates are wont to do. But I would like to see about the return of certain effects, as they hold personal value and would go to the good of the crew in my skilled hands. Namely, a set of novels about my famous -- or possibly infamous, depending on the particular region -- father. I already have a request for tales from those adventures by the crew. Mr. Cogward, in particular, though no doubt more than he would appreciate the deeds of the Pirate de Poisson. Might I have the novels back, please?

Oh, it also occurs to me that you have a couple items of mine that are highly explosive. I know about the proper care and storage of such items so as to not risk serious injury. I'm well aware of their status as booty, but seeing as how I'm a member of the crew, I'll happily keep them with me.

Diplomacy, I assume. Since I dropped Crimson's name, I'll use his +2bonus on this. 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22 Not sure if I get the +1 extra trait bonus on this. Feel free to add it in if i get it.


HP 13/28, AC 18/11/17, F +6, R +3, W +5, Init +1, Per +1

OK, I think I'll spend my off time digging through the galley.

Mechanics:

Survival: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Eleuterio heads to the deck to fulfill his forced duty. Once I get a large enough load, I'll see if I can find anything useful in the galley.

That was his plan; reality had a different idea. For years, Eleuterio had heard the phrase "bounty of the sea." Perhaps the sea wasn't just ready to give up its harvest just yet, as Eleuterio spent most of the day casting his net and coming back with little more than a few small fish. Towards the end of the day, though, he spies a shimmering from the starboard side of the ship - a school of fish, swimming just below the surface of the water! He casts the net again, and hauls up more than enough fish to feed the crew.

Of course, this meant he had little time to search the galley. Such was his life, as it turned out. He spent a bit of time making a show of cleaning the galley, using this as a cover to search the place.


F: +2 R: +6 W: +3 Per: +10 Init: +3 HP: 11/21
DM Shisumo wrote:
When you roll for your daily task, go ahead and choose your ship action for the day as well (and make any rolls that action requires while you're there...

Since it looks like I have the bilge all to myself, I take a few minutes out of my duties to have a look around. You never know where interesting things may turn up...

Mechanics:
Strength: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Constitution:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Chum's day is spent in harrying, and wearying, travel throughout the ship. By the time the day's end approaches, he knows three things: 1) there in't much of interest in the main hold; 2) the fore end of the hold, where a ladder leads up to the officer's quarters, is guarded by a large, dull-seeming man dressed in rags and armed with a club who is actually chained to the foremast; and 3) that the Wormwood is just too damn big. He stumbles and falls, costing him valuable time, on several trips between officers, and Scourge's face darkens with each delay. By the end of the day, Chum has to grit his teeth in preparation for his turn before the mast during the Bloody Hour.


Cut-Throat Grok winks broadly at Artevious when he slips through the galley to knock on the door of the purser's store. With a wave of her arm, she gestures that he should come in, and the would-be pirate gets his first look around the cramped store. It is a tight, crowded space, filled almost to bursting with barrels, boxes and burlap sacks shoved every-which-where. Artevious notes that the door holds a square serving hatch in the top, through which Grok might have simply passed his good to him; letting him into the storeroom itself could thus be seen as a gesture of trust - or perhaps just laziness. Regardless, the skinny half-orc woman ushers him in, closing and locking the door behind him before asking archly, "Well, now that it's just the two of us... what shall we do with ourselves?" She laughs uproariously, not giving Artevious time to answer, before turning to a row of wooden lockers built into the wall. Producing a key, she unlocks the locker and opens it to reveal a wide variety of equipment, including all of the goods Artevious had on him before being taken aboard the Wormwood. He notes several other sets of equipment in the locker, such as might belong to the other recent victims of the pressgang, and more besides: a finely-made fiddle, several flasks of alchemical concoctions, several tools such as a locksmith might use, and some candles. "Go on, then, pretty boy," Grok says, reaching out a finger to stroke Artevious' cheek. "You can repay me later." She laughs again, turning the stroke into a pinch, before ushering him out once more.

Artevious gains 200 XP for getting all of his equipment back. Let me know if he tries to take more than what is his.


Eleuterio's fishing expedition is ultimately successful, but his attempts to search the galley are remarkably unfruitful. Nevertheless, he has the satisfaction of knowing that he did manage to keep the crew fed for a few days with his catch.


1d100 ⇒ 4

When Evril makes his way down into the bilge, he finds it a disgusting, sweaty, cramped space, filled to a depth of more than a foot with dank, brackish water broken up only by thoroughly-soaked stacks of hay on which a few scattered boxes and crates are perched. A filthy tangle of thick cobwebs completely covers the ceiling. It is extremely hot, and he begins sweating in seconds. Working the lone bilge pump is exhausting, and the row of manacles that dangle from the nearby bulkhead - a reminder that the bilge also serves as the Wormwood's brig - make poor company.

Taking a break, however, Evril is able to poke through some of the crates, finding a few things of value stashed in them. These include a set of leather armor, a couple of heavy maces, and-

-a spider the size of his fist drops onto Evril's head and tries to bite him. Bite attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25. Evril takes 1 point of nonlethal damage, and I need a Fort save and then an initiative roll.

Spider's initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7.


F: +2 R: +6 W: +3 Per: +10 Init: +3 HP: 11/21
DM Shisumo wrote:
-a spider the size of his fist drops onto Evril's head and tries to bite him. Bite attack: 1d20 + 7. Evril takes 1 point of nonlethal damage, and I need a Fort save and then an initiative roll.

"Vault!" I exclaim, tightening my grip on one of the maces.

Mechanics:
Fortitude: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Caught off balance, I manage to land a solid blow.


The blow is solid indeed, stunning the spider enough that a second crushing swing finishes it off. Earning you 100 XP.

Once the pest has been dealt with, Evril continues his search, finding a third heavy mace, a handful of silver (12 sp to be precise) and, after he accidentally kicks it, a buckler that had somehow been lost in the disgusting water around his feet. Surveying the dark and impenetrable brine around him, he suspects there could be more to be found there, did a man have the time to search it.


Male Human Luring Musketeer 3

Milady, I await with exquisite anticipation.
Did I just say that out loud? I asked myself as I scurried out of Grok's cabin. I immediately dipped into my vast store of quips and quotes of my father in similar circumstances upon reflex. I pondered upon the ramifications of my words and suppressed a shudder.

I catalogued my possessions and checked their condition. Finding a quiet spot on board the Wormwood was no small task, but I set about cleaning my pistol and re-loading the shot. I figured my next task would be to find a secure spot to store my extra belongings, such as my bedroll. And given the common threat of water dangers, I looked for something to use to protect the books I have just got back. I set to ask someone knowledgable, such as Sandara.

No, I'm not taking anything but what belongings I had.


Sandara is easily located on the deck, and when Artevious puts his question to her, she stares in confusion for a moment before making an "O" shape with her mouth. "I keep forgetting that this is your first time in... well... this kind of situation," the Besmaran says at last. "Head down to the hold, where everyone's sleeping cots are. There's some lockers built into the hull on both sides. Find one that's empty - shouldn't be hard, since the crew's so small - and claim it. You'll want a lock; if you don't have one, I'm sure Grok's got a few to sell."

Later, just to keep things moving...

Eventually, as evening approaches once more, Eleuterio and Fishguts bring out the day's meal, Grok comes up on deck with the night's rum ration, and everyone prepares themselves for the nightly "entertainment" of the Bloody Hour. Today, there are four sailors who'll taste Mister Scourge's lash: Chum, Slippery Syl Lonegan, Fipps Chumlett, and Jaundiced Jape the half-orc. The latter three are being lashed for showing up late to their shift, while Chum's infraction was failure to do his duty correctly. Chum goes first, and with little fanfare, but an unsettling grin, Scourge lays into the half-elf's back with the whip. Chum takes 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2, 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 and 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 nonlethal damage. He then takes equally vicious turns at the other three, most of whom glare daggers at the four of you when their time is done.

Next, Grok begins handing out the rum ration. For most of the last half of the day, Eleuterio has not been feeling all that well, and he is struck by the notion that a drink would almost certainly help out with that. In addition to the Con damage from yesterday, Eleuterio is suffering a -2 penalty to his Con at the moment, which will be negated if he drinks the rum ration. What is everyone doing?


Male Human Luring Musketeer 3

More rum. My stomach lurched at the thought. But these salty lads all continued to line up for the grog, so I fell in with the lot of them and steeled my nerves.

I lifted my cup in another toast. Here's to the Wormwood, and the waves on which she sails! Here's to her crew, and their great deeds told in tales!

Spoiler:

Fortitude: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22


Male Half-elf Storm Druid 3; 9/24 hp

Chum moves to the mast and wraps his arms around it. When they move to tie his wrists to hold him in place, he says, "Do it if you must, but I'll take my lashing with or without them." He does his best to take his lashing stoically, but when the whip falls each time, he gasps just the same. Feeling weak in the knees, he moves over to the other lads and slips his shirt over his slim frame.

In the noise of the Bloody Hour as the others are getting their 'rewards' for the day's activities, he say a prayer to Gozreh and feels the sensation of warm seawater wash away the worst of the hurt.

Since he's a point short of staggered (again!), I figure I'd better patch him up - not a good sign when you are spending all of your time healing yourself, is it?

When the rum comes up, he eyes it hesitantly, but gets in line with Artevious and takes his ration.

Mechanics:

Cure Light Wounds 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Fortitue 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


HP 13/28, AC 18/11/17, F +6, R +3, W +5, Init +1, Per +1

By all that is holy, thought Eleuterio when he saw Grok bringing up the rum ration, do I need a drink. He took the simple wooden cup and drank the grog quickly, wiping his mouth once his cup was dry.


F: +2 R: +6 W: +3 Per: +10 Init: +3 HP: 11/21
DM Shisumo wrote:
What is everyone doing?

Once my day's work is complete, I tuck the coinage I found into the rolled-up sleeves of my shirt, and stash the rest of my bounty in one of the empty lockers, hopefully without anyone else noticing.

When the rum comes around, I pause before taking my ration. Clouding my judgement with the spirits could prove problematic, but I may need something to save me from the swill the cook looks to be offering... With a shrug, I take the cup and toss its contents down my throat.

Mechanics:
Fortitude: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20


HP 13/28, AC 18/11/17, F +6, R +3, W +5, Init +1, Per +1

Whoops, forgot the Fort save.

Mechanics:

Fort save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18


Eleuterio doesn't need to make the save... until he stops drinking it, anyway.

Artevious: 1d4 ⇒ 4 alchemical bonus to Charisma and fatigued for 1d8 ⇒ 8 hours, plus 1d3 ⇒ 1 Con damage.
Chum: 1d4 ⇒ 1 alchemical bonus to Charisma and exhausted (you were already fatigued, thanks to your failed rolls) for 1d8 ⇒ 3 hours, plus 1d3 ⇒ 1 Con damage.
Eleuterio: 1d4 ⇒ 4 alchemical bonus to Charisma and fatigued for 1d8 ⇒ 4 hours, plus 1d3 ⇒ 3 Con damage.
Evril: 1d4 ⇒ 2 alchemical bonus to Charisma and fatigued for 1d8 ⇒ 6 hours, plus 1d3 ⇒ 2 Con damage.

You can now take your night-time ship actions. If you choose to play a pirate game, perform some entertainment or influence an NPC, Sandara, Grok and Samms all have +2 bonuses that can be used on such rolls.


Male Half-elf Storm Druid 3; 9/24 hp

Is the CON damage for the same length of time as the CHA bonus, or does it require a night's rest to recover a point of damage? (That's the normal recovery rate, right?)


Male Human Luring Musketeer 3

Entertainment time!

I looked over my mother's novels, and carefully selected the one I wished to introduce to the crew. While I had large swaths of them memorized, I still liked to read from the pages. Something about their texture, their musty smell that transported me to the voyages of my father. There was, really, no debate. After all, with the ration bubbling in my stomach and head, it felt quite appropriate. I should start these chaps at the beginning.

Once I obtained a suitable audience, I gathered their attention. Ho, lads! Are you in for a treat! for I shall be reading to you selections from the very first Le Pirate de Poisson novel, entitled Gone with the Rum!

I cleared my head, and began: ... she had never seen such a man with such wide shoulders, so heavy with muscles, almost too heavy for gentility. When her eye caught his, he smiled, showing animal-white teeth below a close-clipped black mustache. He was dark of face, swarthy as a pirate, and his eyes were as bold and black as any pirate's appraising a galleon to be scuttled or a maiden to be ravished. There was a cool recklessness in his face and a cynical humor in his mouth as he smiled at her...

I stuck to the highlights -- the best parts, the fighting and the loving. The derring-do and the witty banter of the Pirate de Poisson.

Perform:Oratory1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20


Alamon Titus 'Chum' Seaborn wrote:
Is the CON damage for the same length of time as the CHA bonus, or does it require a night's rest to recover a point of damage? (That's the normal recovery rate, right?)

The damage heals at the normal rate for ability score damage - so 1 point per night, assuming you get proper rest.


Artevious de Poisson wrote:
Once I obtained a suitable audience, I gathered their attention. Ho, lads! Are you in for a treat! for I shall be reading to you selections from the very first Le Pirate de Poisson novel, entitled Gone with the Rum!

Why is the rum gone?

The crowd of pirates listens closely as Artevious weaves his tale. Despite the genteel subject and high literary content, the power of the story and words enchants even an audience with such low tastes as these, and they gasp and ooooh at all the right times. On the far side of the deck, Scourge and Plugg sneer at the listeners, but only a few of their devout toadies avoid Artevious' performance.

Artevious gains 100 XP for successfully entertaining the crew for the first time, and also has a +2 bonus on any other Charisma-based check made against the crew for the next 24 hours.


HP 13/28, AC 18/11/17, F +6, R +3, W +5, Init +1, Per +1

Eleuterio's head swam from the strength of the drink. Once again, he'd misjudged how powerful the grog would be, and stumbled across the rocking boat's deck. He accidentally bumped into the well-toned halfling woman, and slurred out an apology. "M' apologies, miss, but th' deck seems to be rolling a-fierce this eve. I don' think we've met b'fore - th' name's Eleuterio, Eleuterio Reis. What's yours?"

Mechanics:

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


The halfling woman stares balefully at Eleuterio, and for a moment she seems to be reaching for the handaxe at her belt. Within a breath or two, though, she clearly decides it was drink and not other, less savory motives that brought the paladin into such close contact with her, and she just glares. "The name's Rosie Cusswell, you tar-brained sot, and you'd best watch where you're going or next time I'll shove my axe so far up your arse you can use it to trim your nose hairs. Are we clear?" Strangely, despite the harshness of the words, Rosie's tone carries only minimal annoyance, and she seems willing to just go her way after delivering the threat.

Unfortunately, perhaps due to his state of intoxication, Eleuterio can't get a good read on the halfling woman's attitude. Is her bluster and hostility serious, or just a habit? He can't tell.


F: +2 R: +6 W: +3 Per: +10 Init: +3 HP: 11/21
DM Shisumo wrote:
Sandara, Grok and Samms all have +2 bonuses that can be used on such rolls.

I'd like to borrow Sandara, for a moment, if I may?

Looking at the crew gathered to hear the tales of Monsieur de Poisson's father, I take notice of several members of the crew that have not tried to add color to my normally pale complexion. Approaching the bench where Sandara and another woman sit, I quietly introduce myself. "Pardon my intrusion ladies, but as neither of you has tried to whip, punch, or poison me in the last 2 days, I figured it might be safe to join you?" Turning to the "tough looking" woman, I introduce myself, offering a polite bow.

"I'm Evril, by the way. Thank you for not trying to kill me. Yet."

Mechanics:
Activating Archaeologist's Luck (+1 to skill checks)
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 (+1 Arch. Luck) Ach! I want to save Sandaras's bonus for the influence roll, not the Sense Motive. My total roll here should only be 11.


F: +2 R: +6 W: +3 Per: +10 Init: +3 HP: 11/21
Evril Cooper wrote:
"I'm Evril, by the way. Thank you for not trying to kill me. Yet."

Spoiler:
Dunno if I should roll this now, or not, but you have it either way.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 Such as it is...


Evril cannot gain any more sense of the woman's mood than Eleuterio could of Rosie's.

The woman looks up at Evril's greeting, but she doesn't seem to appreciate his irony. "You think I'm looking for a piece of you?" she snaps, looking offended. Her words are just slightly slurred by the rum she's busily putting away. "Whatever you've managed to start with Scourge and his crew is none of my business, Andoran, and I aim to keep it that way."

Sandara raises her hand in a calming gesture. "I don't think that's quite what he meant, Tilly," she begins, but the other woman stands up the rum sloshing in her mug. "I don't think I'm too concerned with what he meant, Sandara. I'm going to take my drink somewhere else, thanks," she snaps, turning on her heel and stalking across to the other side of the deck.

Sandara watches her go with pursed lips, then looks up Evril. "I really thought you'd be better at this," she observes.


Does Chum have any plans for the evening, does Eleuterio wish to proceed with trying to make friends with Rosie despite his lack of clear signals from her, or are we ready to move on to the next day?


Male Half-elf Storm Druid 3; 9/24 hp

Sorry, did not realize my post got eaten.

As the rum hits his stomach, Chum feels like it solidifies into a cannonball, weighing him down with every step. It's almost more than he can manage to remain on his feet. Deciding that he'd better let his body recover from such a lousy day rather than stay up longer, he pauses to see what his friends are up to. Cringing at Evril's lack of success and then chuckling at the madman's rapt audience, he spies Eleuterio talking to one of the other swabs.

With a weary smile and a small wave when he catches Sandara's eye, he heads for his bunk belowdecks.

DM Shisumo:
Can he attempt Sense Motive checks for Eleuterio and Evril's prospective dance partners? If so,

Sense Motive for Rosie 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Sense Motive for Tilly 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

I would roll those now...

Lacking in excitement as it is, his plan is to sleep since he is currently exhausted.

201 to 250 of 1,610 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shisumo's Skull & Shackles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.