Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Shisumo's Skull & Shackles

Game Master Shisumo


451 to 500 of 1,789 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Badger is the woman with the partially-shaved hair that you tossed the hog with night before last. Shivikah hasn't been around much so far, but she was one of the people who beat you and Evril down on the first morning, right after you woke up (and is therefore on Evril's "list") - she's a tall Mwangi woman with ears that stick out rather noticably from the sides of her head.


F: +2 R: +6 W: +3 Per: +10 Init: +3 HP: 21/21

Sorry, everyone, for working in Ferret-Time. I will be better about this.

Shisumo:
I would like to try and complicate things for Fipps, though exactly how depends on what his duties for the day are.

My actual actions:
Craft (Carpentry): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29 (+2 circumstance)
Stealth (hiding castings of Mending): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 (+1 Arch Luck)


Male Half-elf Storm Druid 3; 21/24 hp

Long as everything's ok - the game has to take second to real life.


Male Human Luring Musketeer 3

I watched Sandara depart, her kiss burning on my cheek. A light smile played on my lips as I muttered, But that's not the pirate way, is it?

Feeling inordinately pleased, I made my way to the railing and leaned on it, looking at the passing islands. Maybe I had more to be proud of than I'd earlier thought. I'm sure the captain would have heard of me by now. I've made some good friends, and have won over a number of the crew. Things were looking up.


GM's eyes only, for now:
1d6 ⇒ 5

Evril:
Fipps is working as a runner today, carrying messages around the deck between the officers.


F: +2 R: +6 W: +3 Per: +10 Init: +3 HP: 21/21

DM Shisumo:
I would like to place as much of my repair work as possible in such a way that it creates additional obstacles and tripping points for Fipps' message running. I don't want to injure him, necessarily, merely make it more difficult for him to perform his duties successfully, and potentially lead him to the Post this evening. If he gets hurt along the way, that's a bonus.


HP 18/28, AC 18/11/17, F +6, R +3, W +5, Init +1, Per +1

After performing the grisly deed, Eleuterio carries the slabs of raw pork up from the hold, his apron and hands stained red with pig's blood. He catches sight of Badger as she works, calling out to her. "Hoy, Master Badger! Our little game the other night came in handy! Hoglobbing is good practice for hog slaught'ring!" He put on as broad a smile as he could. Maybe his blood-drenched countenance would mollify a pirate's apprehension at speaking with a paladin.

Mechanics:

Another take 10 on Diplomacy, for a 15.


Badger sniffs dismissively and proceeds to thoroughly ignore Eleuterio.

More GM-only stuff, for now:
Fipps' Acrobatics check, with a -2 circumstance penalty from Evril: 1d20 ⇒ 5.

Evril, in contrast to his previous efforts, does a truly amazing job of making repairs around the deck; although Scourge and Plugg say nothing, several of the other crew offer quite a bit of praise, including a few who seem to do so unwillingly. Sandara in particular is pleased enough that she hooks her arm through his as the crew gathers around the mainmast for the Bloody Hour. Tonight's sufferer turns out to be Fipps Chumlett, who was unable to complete his tasks as a runner with enough speed to satisfy Mr. Scourge, who cheerfully lays into the fat man's back with his whip. Fipps takes 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 2, 2) + 3 = 11 nonlethal. The large man is only half-conscious as he is untied from the mast, his back flayed and bloody.

Shortly thereafter, as the rain continues falling and gusts of wind start to give the Wormwood a new kick to her rolling motion through the waves, the evening entertainments begin.

Let me know if you have any plans for night-time ship actions.


Male Half-elf Storm Druid 3; 21/24 hp

For what seems the first time in ages, Chum feels up to socializing after the day's chores. He will gather with the other pirates, staying near those he considers allies, to watch the entertainment for the evening or the games of chance. He won't partake in the gambling, though, just watch.

He's easily distracted by the pleasure he derives from the wind and the waves, however, granted by the Wind and the Waves.


So.... what's going on, folks?


Male Half-elf Storm Druid 3; 21/24 hp

For myself, waiting.


Male Human Luring Musketeer 3

I'm back!

Despite the rolling waves and inclement weather, I was feeling strangely energized. Perhaps I was drawing vigor from the surge and the swell, but I certainly felt motivated to give a good performance tonight with Conchobar Shortstone for the entire crew. I delved belowdecks and perused my mother's volumes, and made my selection.

Locating the gnome, I hailed him. Good eve to you sir! I daresay we'll have quite the backdrop for tonight's performance, don't you think? I have chosen a particularly stellar volume, one that has some scenes that are quite appropriate for a dark and stormy night such as this. Behold, Le Pirate de Poisson: Booty is Forever! I believe we should start with this intense scene, in which Princess Butterrum is cast overboard, and beset by screaming eels -- she doesn't get eaten by the eels, though. I don't want you to get nervous.


Conchobar looks skeptical. "Screaming eels? I don't believe they exist." Still, he readies himself gamely, and the cavalier and the gnome make their way out onto the deck for the night's entertainment.

Go ahead and give me a Performance roll, Artevious. Still waiting on an action from Evril and Eleuterio, though.


HP 18/28, AC 18/11/17, F +6, R +3, W +5, Init +1, Per +1

Even though Badger had been dismissive of the paladin, Eleuterio wasn't ready to write her off as an ally - or, at least, an asset. He nodded towards Jack Scrimshaw and Barefoot Samms to follow his lead, and approached her again, adjusting his gait to match the effects the pitching ocean has on the Wormwood.

"Master Badger, if I may..." he begins, seating down on a thick coil of rope. "Despite the warm climate of the Shackles, I've noticed a bit of ice separating us. And I can probably hazard a guess to the reason." He clutches his symbol of the Inheritor for a moment, then releases it. "I imagine you see me judging your actions and finding them wanting, compared to the ideals I strive to maintain. Were the circumstances different, that may be true. However, this...", Eleuterio gestures to the ship. "This is the reality I find myself in. We might have been enemies if not for my forced labor aboard this ship, that is certainly possible. But I do not wish for us to dwell on what might have been. This is what will be. Can we find an accord?" At last, Eleuterio extends a hand in friendship.

Mechanics:

Taking 10 on Diplomacy again. With the two assistants, that gives me a 19.


Male Human Luring Musketeer 3

I chuckled at Conchobar's jest. Ah, this fellow would be a fine one to have around.

As the crew gathered around, I addressed them in the fading daylight light quickly being replaced by the hurricane lanterns. My comrades, I am pleased to announce that I shall be presenting further adventures of Le Pirate de Poisson tonight, aided by the immensurable skill of Conchobar Shortstone!

I turned to the gnome and queried, Let's get to it, then, shall we?

As the sea pitched and the lanterns swung too and fro in the wind, casting long moving shadows about the decks, I weaved the tale of my father's derring-do in the face of certain doom. My voice rose and faded to draw the audience's attention and to do justice to him to whom I looked up.
Perform (oratory): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Hmm. In retrospect, perhaps the stormy backdrop was not the ideal place to tell a tale.


Badger looks mistrustfully at Eleuterio's hand. She does not take it. She does, however, finally say, "You talk mighty fancy for a man trying to face the reality of being pressganged, paladin. But you're wrong. I was born in Mendev; I've no issues with the Inheritor or your kind. But what you're missing is this: friends don't get you too far out here on the ocean. You've got the wind, the wood, and your wits, and that's it. Anything else is flotsam, or worse, junk in the bilges gonna slow you down. You say you wanna be friends? That's your anchor. For me, I'm trying to keep sailing." She shakes her head, wipes some of the rain out of her eyes, and turns away to look out over the railing into the rain-blackened sea.

You have made Badger indifferent.

Across the deck, it becomes painfully clear that Artevious and Conchobar need to work on their timing as a duo. They keep missing each other's cues, and worse, stepping on each other's lines. By the end, most of the sailors have left the audience, drifting off to other pursuits, and Conchobar looks aggravated in the extreme. He spins to face the cavalier, opening his mouth as though to begin another caustic tirade, but suddenly a thought seems to strike him, and he smiles, showing his teeth. "Clearly..." he begins carefully, "we have some work to do, and rehersals will be troublesome in our present circumstances. However, I've a thought - you were onto something with the dramatic backdrop, I think. We could use an element to enhance that portion of the taletelling, and perhaps also to better segment our handoff. Perhaps music? We could request the aid of the magnificent Miss Cusswell (it is "Miss," isn't it?) and her fine fiddle for the purpose, perchance?"


F: +2 R: +6 W: +3 Per: +10 Init: +3 HP: 21/21
DM Shisumo wrote:
Still waiting on an action from Evril, though.

With a a surpisingly good first day behind me, I try to clean myself up a bit, and once again approach Tilly Brackett as she wanders away from the performance.

"Miss Brackett, I would like to apologize for my boorish introduction the other evening. We've got who knows how long of a voyage ahead of us, and I would like to count you as a friend. What say we start over?" I bow my head, awaiting her response.

Mechanics:
Diplomacy + Arch Luck = 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 If any of the NPCs want to pitch in, I will gladly accept


Tilly looks Evril up and down, eyeing him mistrustfully. "If you think you're going to worm your way into my good graces like this," she snaps, "you've got another think coming, Andoran! After all," and she suddenly grins, "you're not even offering to buy me a drink!" Slugging him playfully on the shoulder (it hurts a bit, the girl's got a decent jab), she continues, "It's I that owe you an apology, Cooper. I didn't realize before just how much s!#+ Scourge and Plugg were putting you through; scuttlebutt's got me up to speed, though. I'm not a fan of their work, and it seems like they're not much of a fan of you. So maybe we've got some more things in common than I realized. Come on, let's find us some more rum, and you can tell me about it."

And with that excellent roll, Evril manages to flip Tilly all the way from unfriendly to friendly.

I'm going to pause to see if Artevious wants to respond to Conchobar's suggestion before I kick us forward to the next day.


Male Human Luring Musketeer 3

Capital idea! I agreed with Conchobar. Music certainly has an effect; soothing wild beasts and causing the ladies to swoon, depending upon the melody. I truly was thankful that our strained performance didn't set the discerning gnome against us once more. So I was quite ready to give it another go, this time with the assistance of the dulcet notes of Miss Cusswell.

I will speak with her on the morrow. I'm sure with her help, we'll get our cadence corrected!


Conchobar looks exceptionally pleased by this, perhaps more than the suggestion warrants - but then, he is no doubt excited about the possibilities of doing Booty is Forever or its designated replacement the justice the material so richly deserves. Straightening his hat, he offers a tip of it to Artevious before retiring to his bunk.

The following morning, the heavy rain has become a full-on storm. The wind drives the waves into a froth, and the Wormwood pitches and rolls with unpleasant earnestness. Water whips across the deck, and the officers have to shout their commands to be heard over the weather.

Daily tasks!
Artevious: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Chum: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Eleuterio: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Evril: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Artevious is assigned to work the mainsail, and the fierce weather causes the lines and canvas to fight him at every turn (DC 10 Profession [sailor] or Strength check, plus a DC 10 Constitution check to avoid fatigue at the end of the shift, but you suffer a -2 circumstance penalty thanks to the weather). Chum also has to work the lines, helping keep Artevious' efforts from getting fouled (DC 10 Profession [sailor] or Strength check, plus a DC 10 Constitution check to avoid fatigue at the end of the shift; there is no circumstance penalty here, however) while Scourge, in an uncharacteristic display of practical leadership, assigns Evril to continue his repair work in recognition of the good job he did the day before (DC 10 Profession [sailor], Craft (carpentry) or Dexterity check).

Figuts' sobriety check: 1d100 ⇒ 32

Belowdecks, Eleuterio discovers that the salted sea turtle meat has run low again, and Fishguts slurs a command to hunt for more (DC 10 Profession [fisherman] or Survival check, with a -4 penalty for having to rush); when he returns, though, the paladin discovers Fishguts has passed out in front of the stew, and he must scramble to complete the work before the meal becomes a nearly inedible morass (Profession [cook] or Intelligence check, DC 10, also with the -4 penalty).

You may also take ship actions - Eleuterio, remember that all task checks automatically fail if you do anything but attempt your two tasks, and you get no "work diligently" bonus in this instance.


Male Half-elf Storm Druid 3; 21/24 hp

Chum glories in the power of the wind and the waves even as he struggles to aid with the sail. But he's been here before, and his hands seem to know the way even if his muscles are barely up to the task.

Mechanics:
Profession (Sailor): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Taking 10 for the Constitution check for a total of 12

Oh, if only I hadn't fallen from the rigging that first day - it would be much better to be out here every day!


F: +2 R: +6 W: +3 Per: +10 Init: +3 HP: 21/21
DM Shisumo wrote:
assigns Evril to continue his repair work in recognition of the good job he did the day before

Shisumo:
What's Arreta doing today?

DM stuff:
Aretta's work assignment: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Evril:
Aretta is working the bilges today.


Male Human Luring Musketeer 3

Whatever expectations I had about the next day, the weather had other plans. I awoke after an uneasy night of pitching and swaying into a fully realized storm on the high seas. Quite the exciting occasion!

No less than working the mainsail was my task that day, and I set to it in true Poisson fashion. As the waves crashed and the wind whipped furiously, I applied my full skill to ensure the Wormwood sailed true. Tough work, to be sure, but certainly my crew deserved nothing less.

Spoiler:
Profession (sailor), working diligently: 1d20 + 3 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 3 + 4 - 2 = 22

Constitution: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


F: +2 R: +6 W: +3 Per: +10 Init: +3 HP: 21/21

Shisumo:
I would like to try and assist Aretta in some fashion, if at all possible. I don't know if that would fall under the Sneak action, or how you want to handle it, if at all.


Chum, seemingly energized by the spirits of air and water swirling around him, manages his tasks with almost casual ease; Artevious, lacking such encouragement, makes up for it in panache but finds panache is rather physically draining when kept up for hours on end. He is fatigued at the end of his shift.

Evril:
Not really; getting down there for a few minutes would be possible, but it's an all-day task and you can't really be in two places at once.

Chum still has a ship action if he wants it.


Male Half-elf Storm Druid 3; 21/24 hp

Chum's action:
I'm not sure how much sneaking he can do while in this task or where he might be able to investigate, but sneak he will. What are his options?

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

D'oh! He can see the deck from here!


I think at this point, Chum's been everywhere that's freely accessible - only things like the officer's quarters are still unexplored. There are a few places he could try to get into in the public areas, such as the duffels of the other crew members, but I somehow doubt that is his intent.


Male Half-elf Storm Druid 3; 21/24 hp

Well... that's not his intent, no. His chances of improving attitude for anyone are pretty slim with his charisma, so even though his rolls were good, he will work diligently trying to impress the boss, I guess.


HP 18/28, AC 18/11/17, F +6, R +3, W +5, Init +1, Per +1

Eleuterio curses under his breath as he sees Fishguts dead drunk again, but realizes there's nothing for it but to do what he can. He prays to the Inheritor for guidance as he goes to cast the nets for more sea turtles, and sets a few pots of fish stock boiling to begin cooking his catch.

Mechanics:

Survival: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (4) - 3 = 1
Profession (cook): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15

It quickly becomes apparent that the Inheritor has no interest in interfering in matters that are clearly in Gozreh's court. Eleuterio sighs and resigns himself to his turn at the mast this Bloody Hour, but spends the rest of the day making certain Fishguts will not share his fate this time. He takes the simple shipboard fare - hardtack and fish soup - and livens it up with a splash of wine and some dried herbs suggested by his cookbook. Even the paladin is surprised at the quality of the food - maybe he'd learned a few things by watching Fishguts these last few days.


Eleuterio braces himself for the mast at the end of the day, but the quality of the food he produces, even with the limited resources he has, seems to be enough to quell the worst of the crew's frustrations. Mr. Plugg does accost him as the rum ration is being handed out, though, and snarl through the blowing rain, "You've forced me to take nets in hand, boy, and I don't care for it; you'll do a turn tomorrow in the bilges to pary for't."

The heavy wind and rain is enough to dampen the spirits of the crew - most retire early, and those that remain up don't seem too interested in the usual entertainments.

Ih there's any ship actions you want to take or entertainments you want to try, it'll be up to you to get things started tonight. You can do so if you want, however.


Male Half-elf Storm Druid 3; 21/24 hp

Chum remains on deck, holding onto something sturdy - mast, if necessary - and revels in the storm. He will does not retire early, but he doesn't risk the lash tomorrow by staying up all night, either.


Male Human Luring Musketeer 3

Soggy and weary, I looked about the crew, seeing few interested in the usual pirate entertainment thanks to the unabated storm. I pitched myself across the tumbling deck after taking my evening repast, heading below decks for a few hours of rest. It wouldn't be the most gentle of evenings I had experienced, but hopefully dry.

Turning in early for Artevious


HP 18/28, AC 18/11/17, F +6, R +3, W +5, Init +1, Per +1

"As you say," is all that Eleuterio responds to Plugg. When he's a distance away, he grumbles to himself. "And may the gods recognize your offense at being forced to do an honest day's work in your worthless scurvied life." Like most of the crew, Eleuterio is content to get an early night's rest - he knows he will be having a miserable day when the sun rises on the horizon.


F: +2 R: +6 W: +3 Per: +10 Init: +3 HP: 21/21
DM Shisumo wrote:
If there's any ship actions you want to take or entertainments you want to try, it'll be up to you to get things started tonight. You can do so if you want, however.

After the better than usual day yesterday, I decide to spend today focused on my work, and the evening focused on updating my journal and reading studying tactics.


The storm worsens throughout the night, and no one sleeps well (except possibly Chum). The following morning, the full force of the gale hammers at the Wormwood, and all four of you (yes, even you, Eleuterio) are sent up to the rigging to help keep the mast and sails from being torn apart by the relentless wind and rain.

Artevious' task: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Chum's task: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Eleuterio's task: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Evril's task: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Note: all rigger tasks today suffer a +2 DC penalty from the storm; the penalty is already included in the descriptions below.

Artevious is assigned to work the lines (DC 12 Profession [sailor] or Dexterity check, plus a DC 10 Constitution check to avoid fatigue at the end of the shift) and Eleuterio to the upper rigging (5 consecutive DC 12 Climb checks, followed by a DC 12 Profession [sailor] or Dexterity check). Chum and Evril both get sent to the crow's nest to act as lookouts in the storm while the lightning and wind roar all around them (5 consecutive DC 12 Climb checks, followed by a DC 12 Perception check).


Male Half-elf Storm Druid 3; 21/24 hp

Chum feels very close to his god and sleeps like a baby. OK, seriously, Chum, like everyone else, lies awake off and on. But while others are considering the length of their future on the mortal coil, Chum is wondering what has happened to anger Gozreh.

The next day, he looks forward to another day topside, but he's very cognizant of the danger of falling.

"Perhaps, Master Cooper, it would be in our best interest to take our time and assist one another."

For length:
I assume it is not an option to take 10 and working diligently might not apply. Can we aid each other? Are there by chance hooks that he could utilize in an attempt to learn from past mistakes?

I am picturing a rope tied to him as a harness with two ropes about four feet long ending in a hook. As he climbs, he hooks one rope above, then the other. He moves methodically and always has at least one hook attached for safety.


Taking 10 is not possible under the circumstances, but working diligently is still an option, and one I would recommend. Given your efforts, I'd also be willing to grant you a +2 circumstance bonus for having a makeshift climbing kit.


Male Half-elf Storm Druid 3; 21/24 hp

Chum looks at the rigging and remembers vividly the deck rushing up to meet him. Snapping his fingers, he disappears below decks to get some gear. He returns with four hooks that open far enough to slip over the rope in the rigging.

Grabbing a coil of rope, he begins tying himself a harness and ties a pair of 'tails', one on either side, each with a hook attached. As he works, he says to Evril, "Those hooks are for you if you wish to use them."

Hoping his little project hasn't delayed him too much and earned him a date at the mast during the Bloody Hour, he starts climbing, being sure to place each foot carefully, move a hook, move a foot, move a hook, working his way up the rigging.

Climb with climbing kit, diligently: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Climb with climbing kit, diligently: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Climb with climbing kit, diligently: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Climb with climbing kit, diligently: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Climb with climbing kit, diligently: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

If that last one didn't sent him to the deck, here's his retry:

Climb with climbing kit, diligently: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Having reached the crow's nest and riding in the teeth of the storm itself, Chum inhales deeply and whispers a heartfelt prayer of thanks to the Wind and the Waves, a prayer swiftly snatched away by the wind.

Setting himself to his task, he watches the area around the ship carefully.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18


Male Human Luring Musketeer 3

It was a truly uneasy night, but my exhaustion from the previous day's efforts still sent me into a slumber restful enough to recover my fatigue. When the morning arrived -- still altogether too early, I felt -- I made my way above decks.

The storm had not abated during the night, and the Wormwood was in the thick of it. Rain and wind lashed at me, drenching me to the core. I saw the need was to man the rigging, and certainly that was the task at hand. Even my mates who had usually swabbed or ran the galley were called upon to work the yardarms.

As we heaved against the waves that threatened to overwhelm us, I again put my best efforts into working the lines. The light of day barely penetrated the thick clouds, and I had to wonder how close Captain Harrigan had strayed us to the feared Eye of Abendego. My mother's writing had only hinted at its deadly wrath, but I knew it lurked just north of the Shackles. I chided myself. I hadn't paid enough attention to our whereabouts to even know where we were! What kind of sailor -- to say nothing of pirate -- would do such a thing?

Alas, there was nothing for it but to continue to work the lines and trust that the Captain and his helmsman knew these waters well enough to steer us aright. Perhaps when we escaped this storm, I would be able to gain a reckoning of our heading and be of further use to the crew.

Spoiler:

Dex, diligently: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 4 = 9
Con: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Edit: Wow, what is it with the dice roller not thinking that there's any numbers above a 10? I haven't rolled over a 6 in three days on these boards.


HP 18/28, AC 18/11/17, F +6, R +3, W +5, Init +1, Per +1

"It seems the Wind and Wave have decided another place for me than the bilges, Master Chum. I'm not sure if I should thank Them or curse Them. Perhaps a bit of both."

Eleuterio is quickly drenched by the squall, and the Wormwood's ropes were slick. He began to wish he had painted the bottoms of his feet with tar to help avoid this very problem, but there was nothing for it now but to keep the ropes tied and lashed.

Mechanics:

Not wearing my armor, obviously. I've got a +3 untrained Climb check, and meaning I fall on a 3 or less. Diligent work bonus will go to the Profession (sailor) check.
Climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
CURSES!
Profession (sailor}: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24


F: +2 R: +6 W: +3 Per: +10 Init: +3 HP: 21/21
DM Shisumo wrote:
Chum and Evril both get sent to the crow's nest to act as lookouts in the storm while the lightning and wind roar all around them (5 consecutive DC 12 Climb checks, followed by a DC 12 Perception check).

Mechanics:
Climb checks: +1 Str, +2 Circumstance (climbing hooks), +1 Arch's Luck.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Diligent Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Scrambling up the lines, I make a mental note to thank Chum for the climbing hooks and peer as far into the gale as possible.


Eleuterio, about 30 feet above the deck, feels a massive gust hammer the Wormwood and feels the ship shift beneath him. He reaches out a hand to catch himself... and finds only air within his grasp. A sudden and short fall later, the paladin slams into the deck with bone-shattering force. Eleuterio takes 3d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 4) = 12 damage.

Even as he falls, Evril and Chum, high above in the crow's nest, see someone knocked into the water by the same surge of the ocean - Rosie Cusswell loses her grip on the lines and goes over the side, disappearing for a moment in the churning darkness of the sea before resurfacing about ten feet away from the ship. With the distraction of Eleuterio's fall, though, only the two lookouts see it happen.

Okay, we're in rounds now, although intiative isn't relevant. Artevious is on deck, as is Eleuterio (albeit he's not really in any shape to help). Chum and Evril are in the crow's nest, 50 feet above the deck, and Rosie is (currently) 10 feet away from the ship. I'd like everyone's actions.


Male Half-elf Storm Druid 3; 21/24 hp

Chum will yell out as he points, "Man overboard!! Starboard amidships!! Man overboard!!"

Taking some license with where Rosie is located, hope that's cool.

He will look for a quick way to the deck - other than the route Eleuterio took - because he's a natural in the water and might be able to help. He will continue with the hue and cry even as he looks for a way to help or get her help.


HP 18/28, AC 18/11/17, F +6, R +3, W +5, Init +1, Per +1

Eleuterio hears Chum's cry over the howl of the storm, and as the deck rushes up to greet him, his final thought is simply thus: I do so hope it's Plugg.

Then there is a terrible crash, the sound of something snapping, and blackness.

Mechanics:

Current HP: -2/10
Stabilization check (Current DC=12): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4
New HP: -3/10


Chum: your options for reaching the deck include Eleuterio's method and the accompanying 5d6 points of damage, Climb checks to get down the old-fashioned way (DC 12 all the way down), or Acrobatics checks to do something fancy with the rigging, like slide down one of the lines; that would be DC 17, and you'd have to take 2 rounds (and two checks) to get down safely.


Male Human Luring Musketeer 3

Chum's desperate cry reached my ears as I was struggling with the lines to the mizzenmast. My heart leapt in my throat -- a comrade in trouble! Then, suddenly, a crash as Eleuterio plummeted from the rigging landing hard on the wet deck.

Though I desperately wanted to see to him, my mate overboard no doubt had but mere moments. I ran to the railing, scooping up a coil of rope as I did so. The small form of Rosie bobbed amongst the swells, and in desperation, I hurled the length of rope in her direction. I held firm to one end, and hoped that she had enough wits about her to grab the line.

Thrown, improvised: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 5 - 4 = 4


Male Half-elf Storm Druid 3; 21/24 hp

"Man down! Man overboard!"

Chum's heart literally aches at his inability to help the woman, but he knows any attempt to rush down the rigging was more likely to kill him than put him in a position to assist. He's too cautious - he won't go for it.

To Evril, he adds, "Unless you can make me fly, I think all we can do is make sure we don't lose sight of her in the swells. I will watch her, you watch for rocks and other ships. I hope Eleuterio is all right - the sound of him hitting the deck didn't sound good."

How I wish I'd opted for a more physical build!


Just checking in to say that the holidays have run me over (and Ferret and Misroi too, for that matter), so I'll be picking this up again on Wednesday morning. Until then, I hope everyone has a lovely couple of days, including a merry Christmas if that is something you celebrate!


Male Half-elf Storm Druid 3; 21/24 hp

Merry Christmas, all!

451 to 500 of 1,789 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shisumo's Skull & Shackles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.