Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Shisumo's Jade Regent Prologue - Burnt Offerings

Game Master Shisumo


651 to 700 of 1,488 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

The journal is several dozen pages, with entries going back more than a year and many notes written alongside or around drawings or doodles. Working your way through it all takes a couple of hours, but eventually you pick out some of the highlights.

28 Erastus, 4706:
Wow. Now that was a day to remember. Started out good, with a predawn smash and grab in the Summit, and only got better from there. Was in a little cafe just across from the Serpent's Run when this shadow falls over the table, and I look up to see maybe the most beautiful woman who's ever smiled at me. She sits down across the table, doesn't even ask, and I'm too busy falling into her eyes to get mad about it. "You're from Sandpoint," she says, which is enough to snap me out of it, and I start to worry a bit, thinking she was working for Father or something, but she just smiles again. "Don't worry," she laughs, "I hate the place too." And I finally recognized her - Nualia, the little girl we all thought died with Father Tobyn in the church fire. Definitely not a little girl now!

We spent most of the morning swapping stories about how much we hate that damn town, and she winds up coming back with me to my place. She looks even better naked than I imagined at breakfast, by the way. And when we're done, she leans up on her pillow and asks, "So, you want to help me tear Sandpoint down to the foundations?"

Revenge on dear old Dad and the best piece of tail I've ever had? I think I could die happy right now.

The entry is accompanied by a sketch of Nualia from the waist up, leaning on her elbow on the pillow, nude.

19 Pharast, 4707:
Looks like things are coming together nicely. The shrine at Thistletop's perfect for dedicating the sacrifices, and I can only imagine what Lamashtu's blessings might be when we offer up all of Sandpoint to her. The goblins are annoying little s+*@s, of course, but I expected that, and they practically revere Nualia as Lamashtu herself. As soon as she showed them her scars they fell all over themselves to help us.

I have to admit, they are damned sexy. I must be in love.

The nearby artwork seems to be of a naked woman's midsection, marred by several deep scars, as though a claw had torn through her abdomen.

2 Gozran, 4707:
We've added a few more folks to our merry little band: a sellsword named Orik and a wizard named Lyrie. Lyrie's supposed to be some kind of linguistics expert, to help with the translations in the temple; Orik's apparently my love's "bodyguard," not that she needs one. I'd be jealous, but it's pretty clear Orik's got a thing for Lyrie, and she... well, she seems to be staring at me a lot. And Orik doesn't like it much. Good times.

Anyway, them plus the hobgoblin brings us up to the strength Nualia wanted for her main team when we hit Sandpoint for real. For now, though, I'm in charge of the first raid, and I have to admit, I am looking forward to it.

15 Gozran, 4707:
We're going in on the first; we'll use the festival as cover. The smuggler tunnels should be all the leverage I need to get Father to help us out; it's almost a pity I won't get to see the look on his face when Hemlock showed him the letters. But blackmail's more useful in the long run, and I am sure I'll get some personal time with him soon enough.

I am worried about Ameiko, though. She's too naive for her own good, but I owe her a chance to join the winning side. I just need to convince Nualia she's worth it.

Still need to settle on the final details of the raid, though. And I wish my love would explain why Tobyn's body was worth all this trouble.

There are a number of roughly sketched maps of Sandpoint on the surrounding pages, with arrows pointing toward various points of access. One is circled - it seems to be set for about 30 goblins, and shows an attack through the northern gates and a burning wagon aimed at downtown, with a smaller group climbing the wall of the graveyard from the river.

2 Desnus, 4707:
The raid went about as planned. Few Thistletop goblins perished, and we were able to secure Tobyn's casket while the rubes were distracted by the rest. I can't wait until the real raid. This town deserves a burning, that's for sure.

3 Desnus, 4707:
Ripnugget seems to favor the overwhelming land approach, but I don't think it's the best plan. We've got access through the walls via the tunnels; we should invade from the river and up from the Glassworks in more focused strikes. The rest except Bruthazmus agree, and I'm pretty sure the hob's just arguing to spite me. Nualia's too busy with her sacrifices to make a decision - she keep saying that once we have Lamashtu's blessings, we won't need to be so subtle. I hope she's right.

There are another series of sketched battle maps, focusing on Sandpoint, on the nearby pages - these seem to be intended for numbers in the low hundreds, however. While several have been marked out, none have been circled.

4 Desnus, 4707:
My love seems intent on going through with it - nothing I say convinces her of her beauty. She's obsessed with removing what she keeps calling her "celestial taint" and replacing it with her Mother's grace. Burning Tobyn's remains at the Thistletop shrine seems to have started the transformation, but I can't say her new hand is pleasing to me. Hopefully once she offers Sandpoint to Lamashtu's fires, her new form won't be as hideous. Maybe I'll luck out. Succubi are demons, aren't they?

The nearby pages are almost all full-body sketches of a naked and brazenly sexual Nualia in a variety of erotic poses. The only exception is the last, which instead shows her crouching, knees spread, without a stitch - but with a long tail, small horns, bat wings and scaly, clawed hands.

The entry for the 4th of Desnus is the last in the journal.


28/28 hp

Lamsfel sits back after the journal reading is complete. "What in all the hells... This boy is in way over his head, but his hatred for his father is - was - so intense that he could not see the danger of his path.

"The girl is apparently a good candidate for her chosen goddess, though - mad as a hatter. What does losing Tsuto do to their plans? Slow them down? Speed them up? We have to stop them, no doubt, but do we have time to leave Sandpoint to attack Thistletop? We can't wait here for a few hundred goblins to attack - I don't think the town's walls fully defended could hold that many back and we lack numbers in her defenders to try."

Worry is evident on his face as he looks around at the rest of the group, "Am I overreacting? Is it really as bad as it seems?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Bladebound Magus 3

It's bad. If this be believed, they've got themselves some muscle. Shalelu mentioned going a few rounds with Bruthazmus. A sellsword and a wizard? This girl Nualia, gaining powers from Lamashtu in rituals? Then there's Ripnugget and all his goblins!

Tybus shakes his head. If we wait for Hemlock and his crew to return, and this group attacks the town before they get here, they'll do some serious damage. Even if we can keep 'em from the tunnels, they can still overwhelm us. There's too much town for the five of us to defend.

Attacking Thistletop is a suicide mission. But, maybe we can take out enough of their heavies to throw the goblins in disarray. If Shalelu be right, the goblins would require a lot of effort to keep in line. An attack on Thistletop might at least delay the attack until Hemlock gets here.


Male Varisian (human) Ranger 3

Tristan swears under his breath, using some pretty juicy Varisian expressions. "That twisted little worm! We've got to stop them. After what the goblins did last time around, I'm certainly not waiting for them to come to us. Can we muster some help?"


Something to keep in mind: you do not know exactly where Thistletop is - the only person in town at the moment who likely does is Tsuto. Shalelu also probably does, but is not handy at the moment.


Male Human Bladebound Magus 3

Then it seems like our two questions for the traitor would be: When's the attack and where's Thistletop?


Male Human Summoner (Synthesist) 1/ Paladin 2

Well, Ameiko told us that Shalelu knows where Thistletop is, so what about:

"What is the best way to take the forces at Thistletop unawares?"

and

"What weaknesses can be exploited in Nualia's forces?"

Thoughts?


Male Human Bladebound Magus 3
Gan Liang wrote:

Well, Ameiko told us that Shalelu knows where Thistletop is, so what about:

"What is the best way to take the forces at Thistletop unawares?"

and

"What weaknesses can be exploited in Nualia's forces?"

Thoughts?

I'm afraid the answer to the first is, "be sneaky." :)

I like the second question, but it's pretty open-ended. Maybe we can outbid the mercenaries, and get them on our side? Find out how much they're charging from Tsuto?


Male Human Summoner (Synthesist) 1/ Paladin 2
Tybus Elhezen wrote:
Gan Liang wrote:

Well, Ameiko told us that Shalelu knows where Thistletop is, so what about:

"What is the best way to take the forces at Thistletop unawares?"

and

"What weaknesses can be exploited in Nualia's forces?"

Thoughts?

I'm afraid the answer to the first is, "be sneaky." :)

I like the second question, but it's pretty open-ended. Maybe we can outbid the mercenaries, and get them on our side? Find out how much they're charging from Tsuto?

Good point. How about: What is the best route to take to catch the forces at Thistletop unawares?


Are those the questions you plan to ask, then? And does anyone have anything else in particular they want to do today before Gan re-preps his spells tomorrow morning?


28/28 hp

Lamsfel will leave the interrogation to the 'wizard' and the motivated urban ranger. He wants to look in on Ameiko and see how she's doing now that her brother has been secured. He also wants to thank Bethana for bringing those to the party's attention and figure out what happened to Marcelina, in-character. (I'm not expecting you to spend any time on that last.)


Male Human Bladebound Magus 3
DM Shisumo wrote:
Are those the questions you plan to ask, then? And does anyone have anything else in particular they want to do today before Gan re-preps his spells tomorrow morning?

Well, this isn't Speak with Dead, so we can ask him lots of questions. We'll only get two magically-enhanced questions. I'm not sure how everything will play out. Maybe Tsuto will sing, maybe he won't. I still think the most important bits of information we need to know is when is the attack planned on Sandpoint, and where is Thistletop. How to assault the place once we know where it is is definitely important, but realistically, Tsuto doesn't know all of our capabilities. I wouldn't leave it up to him to plan our attack. We should just try to get as much info, such as how many approaches, what are the defenses, and how many goblins can we expect defending the place. Also, knowing if there are any passwords or something that can get us past guards would be useful.


Male Human Summoner (Synthesist) 1/ Paladin 2
Tybus Elhezen wrote:
DM Shisumo wrote:
Are those the questions you plan to ask, then? And does anyone have anything else in particular they want to do today before Gan re-preps his spells tomorrow morning?
Well, this isn't Speak with Dead, so we can ask him lots of questions. We'll only get two magically-enhanced questions. I'm not sure how everything will play out. Maybe Tsuto will sing, maybe he won't. I still think the most important bits of information we need to know is when is the attack planned on Sandpoint, and where is Thistletop. How to assault the place once we know where it is is definitely important, but realistically, Tsuto doesn't know all of our capabilities. I wouldn't leave it up to him to plan our attack. We should just try to get as much info, such as how many approaches, what are the defenses, and how many goblins can we expect defending the place. Also, knowing if there are any passwords or something that can get us past guards would be useful.

Good points. I think for the two interrogate questions (agree with you about how we can/should ask additional questions) I should word them as such, to cover all of our bases:

1) What is everything you know about the planned attack on Sandpoint, including the planned time of the attack and the tactics your accomplices will use?

2) What is everything you know about Thistletop, including location and defenses?

But we're going to RP this out, right? Because I want to throw in some Evil Eyes, Guidance, etc.


We will be going through the scene, but I wanted to make sure you were finished with your discussions before I moved us forward. I'm also stalling a bit in hopes we can get your new cleric ready to go before then too...

Any plans for the rest of the day for the rest of you?


28/28 hp

Shisumo:
I stated my plans earlier, looking in on the girls. Assuming that I don't find Marcelina, perhaps I could stumble into someone in an official capacity while I search who knows a young cleric that they feel would benefit the party or something along those lines.

Lamsfel intends to be at the questioning or at least where he can hear the responses, but he's not interested in the planning stage (besides, I think he's been a bit of a limelight hog lately) or in actually asking the questions.


Lamsfel:
You find Ameiko at the Rusty Dragon, in a common room that is uncharacteristically empty and silent. She is sitting at the bar, a bottle of some rich amber fluid in front of her, while Bethana watches her tremulously from a corner and pretends to sweep the floor. When you walk in, she turns around, starting to say, "Sorry, folks, but we're clo-" before she recognizes you. Despite the bottle in front of her - which, on closer examination, appears to be mostly full - Ameiko's voice is steady, and her tone firm, not aggressive or pained. At your appearance, though, the words trail off, and for a moment, she doesn't say anything. Finally, though, she gestures to the bar stool next to her. "Pull up a seat," she says, "and tell me how you elves do it. How do you get through the years knowing you're going to lose everyone someday?"

Still waiting for everyone else's plans, if any, before tomorrow...


Male Varisian (human) Ranger 3

Tristan has no particular plans other than changing into his new armor. He's thinking about getting a bow but I think that will have to wait until he can afford a mighty one.

Tristan ambles around town and tries to look like a pillar of resolve, although he is in inner turmoil thinking about the impending goblin raid and what the little creeps will do next.


28/28 hp

DM:
Lamsfel pauses at the door as painful memories come to mind - and are visible in his face. With a sigh, he takes the offered seat. "You know, that maybe the toughest question a person - human, elf, dwarf, whatever he or she might be - will face. Everybody handles it in their own way - some in a healthy fashion, some," Here he points at the bottle in front of her, "less healthy. For elves, it's worst when we befriend you short-lived folk. When you literally have centuries to enjoy someone's company, centuries to love them and learn from them and tell them how you feel, the pain is not so sharp as you might think."

He turns a very sorrowful expression to the 'girl' and adds, "But you humans - I've lost so very many friends in such a short time. You live such short lives, such intense lives, I find myself loving or hating humans much faster than I do with elves. And I find myself feeling so much more pain so much sooner when we part.

"If I meet an elf for the first time, it may be years - literally - before he and I form lasting opinions of one another. With a human, everything is so intense, I may do the same thing in a week's time.

"As for what to do, I can only hazard a guess for I have not figured it out myself. Enjoy your time with them, learn from them, tell them that you love them. And do not let go of them when they pass - keep them close to your heart and speak to them, ask their advice, and keep loving them."

With another sigh, the normal twinkle returns to his eyes and he asks, "Are you drinking alone, or can I share a toast with you? In honor of your father and the strength he cultivated in his daughter?" As he says this, he starts to get off the barstool and walk around the bar to get another glass.


Male Human Summoner (Synthesist) 1/ Paladin 2

Sorry, I am just going to study the journal and get ready to prepare my spells. If I have time, I'll ask around town to see if anyone has seen Shalelu nearby, as I'd like to talk to her about Thistletop before the interrogation, if possible.


Male Human Bladebound Magus 3

I've got nothin'


Lamsfel:
"Go ahead," Ameiko nods. She looks over at Bethana, who is still blushing furiously in the corner. "You too, Bethana, seriously. Why would I be angry at you? You probably saved my life. Have a drink and stop acting like I'm about to kick you." A smile starts to creep over Bethana's face, but she still seems uncertain as she sets the broom aside and approaches the counter.

Ameiko shakes her head, then puts a hand up to rub the bridge of her nose. "I hate to say it, but part of me is freaking out just because I'm now the owner of the Glassworks, I think, with all that implies for the town," she confesses, taking another slow draw from the bottle. "I never wanted to be a noblewoman, even in as ridiculously little a place as Sandpoint. Tsuto..." (her voice catches for a moment, but she pushes on) "Tsuto always cared more about that then I did. Damn his eyes."

She starts to go on, but a thought strikes her, and she clearly changes what she was about to say. "Oh, before I forget! There was a message waiting for Marcelina when we got back. She left in a hurry, and I think she took the things from her room. I didn't ask, but the message was in Varisian - I'm thinking it was probably something from her family. She said she'd be back 'when she could,' but I got the impression she didn't think that was all that likely."

Just then the door opens, and Sandru Vhiski walks in, trailed by a dwarf in armor, a warhammer and shield on his back. Ameiko smiles broadly, standing up to give the older man a hug, which Vhiski reutrns warmly. For a moment, she seems to have forgotten everything else. "Sandru! You came back! I didn't think we'd be seeing you again until Lamashan!"

Halgor:
The building is apparently an inn, as the room that opens before you is unmistakably a common room. It is currently mostly empty, however, with just a elven man, a halfling girl - probably the barmaid, by how she's dressed - and a human woman, with the light brown skin and almond-shaped eyes of a Tian, sitting at the bar. The Tian woman is quite attractive, athletic and still fairly young (even by human standards, let alone dwarven ones) but her face shows the marks of recent tears. Nevertheless, she looks up as you enter, and a huge smile bursts across her face as she sees Sandru. She leaps off her stool and runs to give him a hug, which the older man returns warmly. "Sandru!" the woman cries. "You came back! I didn't think we'd be seeing you again until Lamashan!"

Lamsfel and Halgor:
Sandru's smile is almost as large as Ameiko's, and the affection he feels for the Tian woman is evident. "I couldn't leave you or Sandpoint in such straits, my dear. I thought I should perhaps keep my scimitar handy, and I brought help as well. Ameiko Kaijitsu, allow me to present one of my caravan guards, Halgor Graybeard. Halgor, this is Ameiko Kaijitsu, owner and operator of the Rusty Dragon Inn, in which we currently stand. Ameiko is not only one of the most talented singers I have ever seen, but she is also the daughter of perhaps the most influential man in Sandpoint." Sandru is still smiling as he says this, but the smile turns to a confused frown at Ameiko's reaction: the smile disappears from her face, and she suddenly hugs Sandru again, this time with clear need for comfort rather than welcome. Recently dried tears seem to threaten once more, and the halfling barmaid looks stricken.


Male Dwarf Cleric 1

The well-armed and armored, stout dwarf with the long red beard walks in to the building with the dragon sculpture on the roof. He looks around. Taking in the scene.

Technically, he has a battleaxe on his back, and wears the Warhammer at his side, but its all good. ;)

He nods to the inn's occupants after his introduction, waiting awkwardly for Ameiko to stop hugging Sandru so he can extend a hand to shake.

This is a nice place that you come from. I hate to see the aftermath of such a craven attack. I will gladly lend steel to the cause of tracking down these monsters and wiping them out. If there is anything I can do to ease the suffering of the fine people of Sandpoint, please do not hesitate to ask. I am blessed by the Father of Dwarves to use his power in the defense and healing of good folk.


28/28 hp

Halgor, DM:
It probably doesn't matter much, but I think we are 'spoilering' because we're apart from the rest of the party.

The very tall (nearly 6-1/2 feet) elf that was sitting at the bar with Ameiko when Sandru and Halgor entered comes over to greet the newcomers, as well. He has a shortbow on one shoulder and a number of daggers visible along with a pair of sheathes sized for short swords, but one of them is empty at the moment.

"Sandru, it is good to see you again. There's been, ah, been some further developments." He puts a hand on Ameiko's shoulder to lend her some strength. "Lonjiku Kaijitsu is dead, found just this morning. I'll give you details later, if Ameiko approves, but she could use an old friend right about now." He claps them both on the shoulders for a moment.

Turning to the dwarf, he says, "Come, friend dwarf, I may have a proposition for you, if my friends agree." The lanky elf leads the way back to the bar.

"Bethana, would you get another glass for Sandpoint's newest goblin-fighter?" Lamsfel will pour a drink for Halgor and a splash for himself before speaking again, in a low voice, "This nasty business with Ameiko's father has yielded some information about a possible threat to the town in the near future. My friends and I have been tasked with aiding in the defense of the town. It appears that this is such a large threat that the best way to proceed might be to take the fight to the planners rather than waiting here for whatever surprises they have planned. Cut off the snake's head, if you will."

"My friends and I were thrown together by fate the night of the first attack and we count among our number some skilled with arms, some skilled with magic, and a single healer. Today, our young healer was called away on urgent business. If the dwarf-father grants you healing, you and your battleaxe would be very welcome additions to our little band. If you are interested and the others are willing, of course. If you don't wish to join us, the town is certainly going to need more than its share of able-bodied defenders, especially if we fail in our task..."

"What do you say? Shall we go and present the idea to the others? They are preparing to interrogate on of the conspirators that fell to our blades earlier today. We saved his life in hopes that he would have information we could use. One of our mages has a spell he plans to use on the man tomorrow to find out what he knows."


Male Dwarf Cleric 1

Lamsfel,DM:

The dwarf does a minor double-take as the tallest elf he has ever seen approaches closer. He listens intently to Lamsfel's proposition before responding.

I would happily join your group, if they should accept me. The more of these wicked creatures that we kill, the better off the town will be. Striking directly against them gives us the opportunity not only to better deplete their numbers, but to also keep the less able-bodied townsfolk out of harms way. If we wait in town to defend against another attack, I fear there will certainly be casualties amongst the townsfolk. All you need to do is tell me when we leave, and where we are going.


28/28 hp

Halgor, DM:
With a broad smile, the elf claps the cleric on the back and says, "Two excellent questions, the answers to which I'm not certain of yet - but tomorrow, I certainly hope to! Come, I've done all I could hope to here - Sandru and Bethana are better company than an elf several times her age, anyway. Let us find my friends so you can meet them."

As he gets up, he touches his forehead, "I am a rude one, my apologies." Extending his hand, he says, "My name is Lamfel. I am a friend of many in Sandpoint, but have been seeing the world until just recently. Just in time for the festival and the goblin incursion, in fact."

Walking over to where Ameiko and Sandru are talking, the elf says, "Sandru, you take good care of our fragile flower here." As he dodges the elbow he expects the bard to throw at his mid-section, he hastily changes the subject, "I would like to introduce Halgor to my friends. He's indicated a willingness to aid us in a little task we found out about this morning." He looks at the innkeeper meaningfully. "By the way, if I'm to go goblin-hunting, I'd feel a lot better if I had my other sword. Since I'm sure your rapier is a better weapon and is near at hand, might I get that old blade of mine back?"

After she's no doubt offered to give it to him point first, he laughs and says, "That's the spirit! We will be at the garrison - that's where I expect to find the others, anyway. If not, we will come back here."

Before he heads out the door with Halgor, he leans close to whisper something to Ameiko, then gives her shoulder a squeeze.

DM:
"Be at peace, child. He's not truly gone until and unless you let him go. He will remain in your heart as long as you wish him to do so."


The elf and the dwarf make their way through the town, up the steep slope that divides Uptown from the rest of the city. The Sandpoint Garrison is a squat, squarish building, learly designed with more funtionality than aesthetics in mind, but it laks the aura of menace that many places of incarceration manage to project.

The guards within pass Lamsfel and Halgor through without hesitation, and they make their ways down to the cells in the Garrison basement, where Tsuto has been ungently housed. Though still badly damaged, he is awake, and eyes the newcomers through narrowed lids.

Is anyone else besides Lamsfel and Halgor here?


Male Human Summoner (Synthesist) 1/ Paladin 2
DM Shisumo wrote:

The elf and the dwarf make their way through the town, up the steep slope that divides Uptown from the rest of the city. The Sandpoint Garrison is a squat, squarish building, learly designed with more funtionality than aesthetics in mind, but it laks the aura of menace that many places of incarceration manage to project.

The guards within pass Lamsfel and Halgor through without hesitation, and they make their ways down to the cells in the Garrison basement, where Tsuto has been ungently housed. Though still badly damaged, he is awake, and eyes the newcomers through narrowed lids.

Is anyone else besides Lamsfel and Halgor here?

I wasn't clicking on the messages because they had spoiler tags for people other than me, but I had intended to try to ask around town for Shalelu, study the journal, then I'd travel with everyone else until I can sleep for the night and memorize spells. Then I want to approach Tsuto. Is this the same day, or have I rested a day?


Male Varisian (human) Ranger 3

Tristan wouldn't miss the interrogation for anything.

I don't read spoilers addressed to other people either, so I don't know if I missed anything. I don't have anything I need to do before seeing Tsuto though.


28/28 hp

The spoilers were stuff that was happening with Lamsfel and Halgor away from the rest of the party. It's the same day as when Lamsfel left the rest of the group to their planning for the interrogation - I assumed they were making their plans in some semi-private meeting area in the Garrison. He's looking for the others to introduce them to the 'new' guy...


Male Dwarf Cleric 1

I assume that the others are just not there yet, which is why Halgor and Lamsfel are currently alone with the prisoner.

Lamsfel, DM:

When he sees Tsuto, Halgor has a surprised look on his face, before turning to speak to Lamsfel.

I am confused as to the situation here. I thought you said we were going to come here to interrogate one of the goblins responsible for the attack on the town, and that the mage was preparing a spell that would allow him to converse in their foul tongue.

Instead you show me an elf. Now, please excuse my rudeness, but I am not very well-versed in elf humour. Is this some kind of a joke to play on the new guy in the group?


28/28 hp

Halgor, DM:
Lamsfel regards Tsuto through the bars of the cell as he replies, "Not so, my new friend. I said he was one of the conspirators, which he is. And he's a half-elf, not an elf. I did not wish to hurt Ameiko further by going into details where she might hear. You see, this," he points to Tsuto, "is her half-brother as well as her father's killer. The lovely Ameiko and Tsuto, here, had the same mother, Desna bless her."

He looks at the half-elf for a long moment, but decides against whatever he was thinking with a brief shake of his head. "Come, I've no interest in waiting here for the others. Perhaps the deputies know where they have gone."


Male Dwarf Cleric 1

Lamsfel, DM:
Plotting with goblins? Killing his stepfather? I have half a mind to release him and let him have a chance to fight a real warrior face to face, instead of planting daggers in the backs of helpless women and children.

He spits on the ground.

No, this piece of trash doesn't deserve an honorable death. He deserves to hang for his crimes. Come, let us go find the others.


28/28 hp

Halgor, DM:
After they are out of earshot of the prisoner, Lamsfel will tell Halgor, "I did not allow the fiend to bleed out because he had kidnapped his sister and we had not found her yet. After we found her, we found evidence that he knows of a major attack coming in the near future. If not for the potential to learn more of what he knows, I would gladly march him up to the gallows myself."


Gan:
To the best knowledge of anyone you have spoken to, Shalelu is still out scouting the goblin tribes in the area, though it seems likely she will return with a report soon.

For the sake of argument, let's assume you all meet up again eventually in the evening at the (finally reopened) Rusty Dragon that evening. If you wish to roleplay through your meeting with Halgor, feel free - otherwise, we can move to the next day.


Male Human Summoner (Synthesist) 1/ Paladin 2

Gan will quietly approach the dwarf and introduce himself, patiently studying the boisterous cleric.


Male Dwarf Cleric 1

boisterous? Is that how I'm coming off? :)

upon seeing the rather old (by human "adventurer" standards) and frail Gan, halgor offers a hand to shake.

Well met, sir. I am halgor greybeard. While my magic focuses more on protection and healing, if there is anything I can do to assist your interrogation of that scumbag, please let me know.

he's assuming Gan is the "wizard", cause if he is a frontliner, we are in trouble. :p


Male Human Bladebound Magus 3

Tybus was planning on attending the interrogation. He's not particularly imposing, but his experiences in Riddleport have given him an eye to who's lying and who's not. He'll definitely be listening closely to Tsuto's answers.

I'm good to move on to the next day, but I'm happy to introduce myself to the dwarf.

Good to meet ye, Halgor. Lamsfel, is there anyone in these parts ye don't know?

And at some point, he'd inquire after Marcelina...


Male Dwarf Cleric 1

Likewise, Tybus. Are we to begin soon, or do we wait for any others?


28/28 hp

Lamsfel shakes his head, "Nobody," as he grins.

"Ameiko is understandably upset, but I think she'll be OK with time. She said that a note had arrived at the Dragon for 'leena. After she read it, she told Ameiko there was something she had to go do. Maybe a family thing? She said she would be back when she could, but Ameiko didn't sound convinced. Maybe after all this goblin business is done, you and I can go track the poor girl down - she won't know how to behave without you around." Lamsfel gives Tybus an elbow to the ribs as he finishes.

I'm good with moving to the next day, but I got my chance to meet Halgor already and didn't want to short someone their RP time.


Male Human Bladebound Magus 3

Tybus will chuckle briefly at the elf's jest, then quickly grow quiet. He'll find a way to excuse himself quickly, then jog out to the town's gates in the hopes of seeing Marcelina before she leaves. When it becomes evident that she's left ahead of him, and he's missed her entirely, he'll dejectedly return to the Dragon and sit silently, brooding.


Male Varisian (human) Ranger 3

Tristan is relieved to see Halgor. "Praise be to Desna, my brother. It is good to see a strong arm and a true heart in these troubled times. Truth be told, we need all the help we can get if we are to best those little monsters."


Male Dwarf Cleric 1

We are truly well-met, Tristan. If Sandru speaks highly of the skill and courage of your group members, I know I can trust you all to watch my back in a scrape.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The next morning, the five of you return to the Garrison and make your way to the basement, where Tsuto is currently sleeping on a small wooden shelf, a single blanket and straw pillow the only comforts he has been given. He is still badly wounded from the brutal work of Lamsfel's and Tristan's blades, and he does not rouse from his sleep when you enter the hallway outside his room and peer in through the bars.

The cell itself is a tiny space, about eight feet square, and other than the wooden shelf that serves as a bed, has only a chamberpot and a wooden bowl for washwater in it. The rear and side walls are solid stone, while the front wall is made of sturdy iron bars, about an inch or so apart.

The guard on duty stands nearby, the key to the cell on his belt should you have need of it.


28/28 hp

Lamsfel will stand aside while the others interrogate him, satisfied to listen and try to detect any duplicity.

Sense Motive bonus is +4 since this might be a time when you will want to roll it instead of letting me do so.


Male Dwarf Cleric 1

Halgor has a pretty good sense motive (+7), and he will definately be listening to anything that sounds like a lie. But given the physical state of the prisoner, if the interrogation has any kind of violence involved, he might have to focus his attentions on healing to make sure the guy isnt accidentally killed...


Halgor Greybeard wrote:
Halgor has a pretty good sense motive (+7), and he will definately be listening to anything that sounds like a lie. But given the physical state of the prisoner, if the interrogation has any kind of violence involved, he might have to focus his attentions on healing to make sure the guy isnt accidentally killed...

With that thought in mind, you might want to give me a Heal check, actually.


Male Human Summoner (Synthesist) 1/ Paladin 2
Halgor Greybeard wrote:
Halgor has a pretty good sense motive (+7), and he will definately be listening to anything that sounds like a lie. But given the physical state of the prisoner, if the interrogation has any kind of violence involved, he might have to focus his attentions on healing to make sure the guy isnt accidentally killed...

Gan notices the healer eying the wounded man.

Before we begin, you might want to heal him, after we bind his hands and feet, of course. I don't want him to die before he has a chance to answer for his crimes or answer my questions...


Male Varisian (human) Ranger 3

Tristan drawls: "Yeah, that would be a wicked shame. What would his poor father say? Oh, wait..." Catching the others' glances he sags, suddenly looking very tired. "Just get on with it then, and then let's kill him. He's a blot on the earth as it is."


Male Dwarf Cleric 1

Heal

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

eesh. Um, can you retry a heal check?


28/28 hp

Depends, but RAW, you can always retry a heal check to provide first aid assuming the victi... um, target is still alive. I assume that would apply here.

651 to 700 of 1,488 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shisumo's Jade Regent Prologue - Burnt Offerings All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.