Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Shipmaster Dave's Skull and Shackles

Game Master Pryllin

Skull and Shackles Adventure Path
Part 1 of 6: The Wormwood Mutiny


1,401 to 1,428 of 1,428 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>

Male Human Cleric 2 (FC) HP: 14/19 AC: 17

Fortitude Save 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Deity

Horror grips Sevien as the cold pain from his wound spreads across his body, stiffening his limbs and holding him in place. (Paralysed)

SD Dave:
duration: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 rounds


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 2- HP17/17, AC15, CMD14, F+2, R+4, W+1, 3/10 BP Used, 2/3 Lvl 1 Spells Used

Xantrius entered with sword brandished, crying fury as he laid into the thing- almost dropping his sabre with a clumsy swing.

Back with you vile fiend!

Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 1 = 10


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 2/5

Whose action is it?


Deity

Nakon is looking over the spears when he hears Sevien grunt behind him. He swings around and his eyes widen and his mouth grins as the creature twists itself free then lunges at Sevien. Nakon raises Mister Plugg's tidewater cutlass and crosses to Sevien's frozen form in a few footsteps. He lashes out with the sharp blade as the ghastly creature shies from Xantrius' feeble fumble.
Tidewater Cutlass: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Critical: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

The tidewater cutlass almost pulls Nakon's arm into the creature. The blade scythes through the fetid flesh almost cutting the creature in half but, instead of toppling, the creature instead turns to Nakon.


Deity

The Stockade Lodge
Round 2

Map

Initiative
Mata
Critter
Xantrius
Nakon
Sevien

Effects
Mage Armour (Mata) - +4 AC (armour bonus)
Resistance (Nakon) - +1 resistance bonus on saves
Resistance (Sevien) - +1 resistance bonus on saves

The flies buzzing in the room seem to double in number, swarming around the fast moving bodies that dance back and forth in the confines of the area. Sevien continues to stand statue-like while the rest of you close in on the crazed corpse.
(Mata up first)


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 2/5

Mata moves up to block the creature's attack on Sevien (I believe I can occupy his square and fight normally if he isn't moving, please correct me if I'm wrong) and swings at the creature.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Damage: 2d4 + 6 ⇒ (1, 1) + 6 = 8

Posible crit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Crit Damage: 2d4 + 6 ⇒ (2, 3) + 6 = 11


Deity

Mata's falchion sinks deep into the creature's chest but glides out again. Where a normal creature may have had its heart cut out, this thing just keeps lurching, though with the giant holes cut into it by Nakon and Mata, it can't stay together for much longer, can it?

As if in answer, the creature lunges teeth first at Nakon before it raises its claws and brings them to bear upon him.
Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Believing the creature should be almost dead, Nakon is taken unawares by its sudden attack and the teeth tear strips of skin away from his shoulder. (fort save)

Claw: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Nakon is not to be caught so easily by the creature's follow up and he blocks its flailing claw with his shield.

Claw: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Nakon is not sure if the move was deliberate by the creature but with his shield now out of place the second claw snakes past his defences and tears more raw skin from his wounded shoulder. (another fort save, Xantrius turn please, Sevien still paralysed.)


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 2- HP17/17, AC15, CMD14, F+2, R+4, W+1, 3/10 BP Used, 2/3 Lvl 1 Spells Used

Brandishing his sabre, Xantrius swung aggressively, seeking to add his own wounds to the thing.

Sabre: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 1 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7


Bleeding heavily from the two wounds, even the stoic shaman can't hold back a loud grunt.

Fort #1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Fort #2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

If it remains up.

Cutlass: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 1 = 18 (flag)
1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 = 12

A thought that Xantrius' flagbearer bonuses may not have been applied.


Deity

Nakon's limbs seize in place and for a moment doubt crosses his mind. But with a supreme burst of effort and a tingling of magical resistance he breaks free of the paralysis and tries to draw a bead on the enemy.

While still barely in one piece, the creature moves with a swiftness and grace beyond that of the ghouls you encountered. Xantrius' sabre skirts close to the creature's spine but it twists at the last moment and is also able to just edge under Nakon's blow.

Sevien twitches, but is still unable to throw off the effect holding him helpless.


Deity

The Stockade Lodge
Round 3

Map

Initiative
Mata
Critter
Xantrius
Nakon
Sevien

Effects
Mage Armour (Mata) - +4 AC (armour bonus)
Resistance (Nakon) - +1 resistance bonus on saves
Resistance (Sevien) - +1 resistance bonus on saves
(No flagbearer mentioned - I assume Xantrius is keeping a hand free to cast spells if required)

(Mata is up)


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 2- HP17/17, AC15, CMD14, F+2, R+4, W+1, 3/10 BP Used, 2/3 Lvl 1 Spells Used

Flagbearer is live.


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 2/5

Prescience (must remember I have this 2/5 remaining): 1d20 ⇒ 20

Mata grits his teeth and strikes again. Envisioning his swing he sees the creature is unready for it put his full weight into the blow.

Attack using Prescience roll: 20 + 6 + 1 = 27
Damage: 2d4 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (3, 1) + 6 + 1 = 11 Flagbearer add to damage as well right?

Possible Crit: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 1 = 19
Crit Damage: 2d4 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (3, 4) + 6 + 1 = 14


Deity

As the creature darts again towards Nakon, Mata's falchion slams into its upper torso and cleaves across its chest. The force of the blow completes Nakon's almost removal of the upper body from the lower while simultaneously halving the torso. The three parts of the creature tumble in different directions to the ground.

A moment later, Sevien jerks free of his paralysis. The botflies swarm around the body parts and the stench inside becomes unbearable as the insects begin to fill mouths and noses.

Among the furnishings in the lodge are a suit of leather armour, six spears, and eight finely tailored Chelish courtier’s outfits, worth 30 gp each. You also find a silver ring inlaid with a wavy pattern all about it in the pocket of one outfit. In addition, the lodge contains a spice cabinet holding 5 pounds of pepper in waxed bags (worth 10 gp total), a silver tankard worth 30 gp, and a silver locket depicting a beautiful, buxom young blonde woman (whose clothes remind you of one of the ghouls) worth 45 gp.

As you emerge from the lodge, the fresh air never smelt so good.


Male Human Cleric 2 (FC) HP: 14/19 AC: 17

I don't know about the rest of you but I am glad to escaped that encounter alive...ghouls are some nasty business. Do we continue or rest? I think everyone is hurt now and we have no healing...


Deity

Apart from the intense smell, the lodge is still quite sturdy and would take little effort to return it to a secure cabin inside a well defended stockade. While the logs are obviously cut from the surrounding jungle, the few furnishings have obviously been salvaged from a ship of some sort.


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 2/5

"Alright with me, I saw through the telescope some sea creature playing with that hat the singer used to wear, but I suspect waiting a while won't change his situation. He is either long dead and hauled up somewhere." Mata say sitting down and taking a closer look at his wounds.

I might have got it wrong about whose hat that was but I figure Mata didn't pay much attention to the people who were nice them.


Deity

(Actually, now that Mata thinks about it with his 15 Int, Sandara Quinn always wore a hat like that.)


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 2/5

"Wait, no, the healer wore that hat."


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 2- HP17/17, AC15, CMD14, F+2, R+4, W+1, 3/10 BP Used, 2/3 Lvl 1 Spells Used
Sevien the Black wrote:
I don't know about the rest of you but I am glad to escaped that encounter alive...ghouls are some nasty business. Do we continue or rest? I think everyone is hurt now and we have no healing...

We will not rest while our companion's fates remain uncertain. Mata, lead the way to this creature. Describe it as best you can and lets be off immediately. Sandara is an asset to our crew and i'll not abandon her.


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 2/5

"As you say captain." Mata says getting up again and picking up gear, including the backpack with the giant crab attached.
"This way I think" he says leading them off towards the bay.


Deity

The journey from the lodge down to the cove is quicker than expected. Down the trail at the mountainside is considerably faster and easier than the difficult journey up was. Trailing the edge of the mountain to the shoreline avoids much of the dense jungle on your left and the rough mountain terrain on your right. At the shore, the rocks are clear with little vegetation and difficult climbing along the rocky cliffs is minimal.
It is barely mid afternoon when you arrive at the cove. You are impressed by the scale of the thing which was hard to conceive through the spyglass hidden away upon the mountain behind you. Before you the ground plummets 70' to the churning waters below. The cliffs to your right rise another 10' before dipping as low as 40' in some places. To your left the cliffs gradually sink to the lowest 40' section of cliff. You can make out a large cave at the waterline where water surges in and out of the bowl beneath you. The tons of rock that you are standing on hold firm as the waters crash below, but the sound of waves pounding the cliffs nearby fill the air and occasionally water splashes from other cliffs nearby about your height. The churning below seems almost calm and safe in comparison.

Map


Nakon's blood is flowing freely after the fight and he catches some on his hand while he chants a healing spell.

CLW: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

The shaman's wounds are still substantial but he doesn't complain. Down 11.

At the cove he smells the air and studies the scene carefully before re-casting his guidance cantrip.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24


Male Human Cleric 2 (FC) HP: 14/19 AC: 17

Should we wait for low tide and go in? I don't fancy swimming the entire time.


Deity

Nakon's keen eyes take in the sink-hole.
The idea of the tides carving out just this area of the cliffs is unlikely at best, so the cave below may well lead to more caves. With Grindylows in the area they'd no doubt have turned the caves into a lair of some sort. Getting in and out through this bowl would be impractical for the creatures, so there's almost certainly at least one other entrance but given the crashing waves and their aquatic nature it would be an underwater entrance.
The water here is deep blue indicating it's deep enough to dive in, but you'd want to hit the exact centre to avoid any deep outcrops so you wouldn't want to dive too deep and you wouldn't want to misjudge from too high.
The walls of the cliff have plenty of ledges and notches to hold and grasp though they have been worn smooth by time and tide. The largest ledge (L12), 20' above the waterline, has been turned into a nest for about half a dozen thin bat-winged creatures with long proboscis' that occasionally ride the up-drafts or climb over each other. They currently pay your group no interest.

Map


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 2/5

"I know magics that will let me swim well for a while, they don't last long and won't work on the rest of you, although I suspect Nakon won't have troubles. We could go get a row boat, but that will take time. Any idea how long we'll have to wait for the tide to be out?"


Deity

Low tide is still several hours away. While it probably wouldn't be enough to empty the caverns of water, it would make a big difference between walking and swimming through many caves. Being small and aquatic, the Grindylows would no doubt have little trouble with the terrain regardless of the level of water in the caverns.

1,401 to 1,428 of 1,428 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shipmaster Dave's Skull and Shackles 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.