Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Shipmaster Dave's Skull and Shackles

Game Master Pryllin

Skull and Shackles Adventure Path
Part 1 of 6: The Wormwood Mutiny


401 to 450 of 1,503 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

Just before they enter the bilge room, We should learn to start fighting as a team, especially if we are to continue to look after each other in the coming conflict, don't you think Xantrius??? If someone would like to hang back, I can use the powers of Asmodeus to end this creature as soon as it appears. Just keep whatever it is off of me for a few seconds.
he says confidently...


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used

Xantrius took up his flag in both hands until they were below in the bilges, then he held it in one hand with his metal whip drawn in the other. As the group descended, he took a position in the second rank behind Nakon and Mata.

Perhaps, Sevien, perhaps. Lets just see what we can see and make it up as we go along for now.

Flagbearer Feat for everyone's benefit.


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 0/5

Mata looks quite disappointed at Sevien's comment but says "Sounds sensible."


Female Taldane Human Bard (Sea Singer) 1 / Cleric of Besmara 0

Lysandra stands next to Xantrius and draws the dagger he had given her the night before. "How we gonna play this? Let Sevien do what he can, or go the brute force route?"


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used

If he wants to lead the way in with us behind him, he is welcome to.

This is probably not going to end well.


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 0/5

Mata smiles remembering something"It might be dark dowwn there I should probably go first"


Sevien the Black wrote:

Just before they enter the bilge room, We should learn to start fighting as a team, especially if we are to continue to look after each other in the coming conflict, don't you think Xantrius??? If someone would like to hang back, I can use the powers of Asmodeus to end this creature as soon as it appears. Just keep whatever it is off of me for a few seconds.

he says confidently...

Nakon keeps walking.

Just don't strike me with your devil power, little man. That is all the co-operation I require. He casts something further on himself as he goes. Spellcraft DC 10 guidance.

Assuming there is some stationary light or how do those working manage to see? But actual darkness will stop Nakon at least until he can find a light.


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used

If its dark down there Xantrius will immediately cast Dancing Lights to illuminate the chamber.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

Sevien let's Nakon and Mata go in front of him and casts light before following them down.


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 0/5

Mata will open the hatch and look down into the dark.


Deity

Mata is unable to get his detect magic working by the time the others gather. You all take up positions around the hatch, Nakon in front of it and Mata and Xantrius flanking him. (map)
As Mata opens the hatch, the hot, fetid smell of the bilges assaults your senses. Just inside the hatch, there should be a lantern to be lit when entering and snuffed when leaving. Unattended candles and lanterns are a flogging offence due to the need to conserve resources and the chance of fire. The light from Xantrius and Sevien reveals the lantern's absence among the cobwebbed ceiling. Six sets of manacles hang from the bulkheads, swaying. Occasionally they clank against one another.
The black water in the bilges sloshes gently back and forth with the ship, the corners of some fallen crates poking above the water in one area, some discarded refuse floating in another area. A dark shape slides into the water as your light touches it.

Something in the Bilges
Round 1

Lysandra Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Mata Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Nakon Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Sevien Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Xantrius Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Critters Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Initiative
Critters
Sevien
Lysandra
Xantrius
Nakon
Mata

Effects
- Critters have concealment under water
- Light (Sevien)
- Dancing Lights (Xantrius)
- Magic Weapon (Nakon)

Critters
The black waters of the bilges slosh and move. Eddies appear as things glide under the dark soup towards the base of the ladder. A long pink snake-like shape slides below a discarded rag and something scratches against the wood behind the mast pole.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

Sevien delays to let some of the brutes go first...


Male Human Writer 2/Dreamer 7

Don't mind me - seems like you have to post in the IC thread to get the game to show up in you Campaign tab.


Nakon will use his tactics granted power to roll twice for initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

The brute descends to the level below, readying his dagger for the first enemy to come within reach. Will keep it to a single move to allow an attack, add 1 if higher ground applies.

Ready Masterwork Dagger 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 1 = 25 (magic weapon)
1d4 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

1d100 ⇒ 95
concealment if applicable, high always good


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 0/5

Presience roll for beginning of round (said I was going to use it but forgot to make the roll): 1d20 ⇒ 11


Nakon the Cruel wrote:

Nakon will use his tactics granted power to roll twice for initiative 1d20 + 2

The brute descends to the level below, readying his dagger for the first enemy to come within reach. Will keep it to a single move to allow an attack, add 1 if higher ground applies.

Ready Masterwork Dagger 1d20 + 5 + 1 (magic weapon)
1d4 + 5

1d100
concealment if applicable, high always good

Stupidly doubled up the magic weapon and masterwork on the hit although assume it doesn't make a difference with a 19.


Deity

Nakon descends to the bottom of the ladder and a mass of teeth and wet fur the size of a halfling flies out of the water. (Readied attack)

bite 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
damage 1d4 ⇒ 2

In response, Nakon drives his dagger up into the throat of the creature with such force the blade comes out the other side and almost takes the head off. (No difference this time, but 19 is a threatened critical with dagger too. :-)
More shapes swim in from all directions, and you can make out whiskers on pointed noses and long pink tails as the dire rats swarm towards Nakon. (Map)


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

If one of you steps back, I can hurt them all at once without hurting you! continue delay for the moment...


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 0/5

"Aren't they down there? Why do you need us to move at all, surely only Nakon might be in the way."

Is there room to get down the ladder past Nakon?


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

I am assuming that a burst will hit anyone standing at the top of the hatch if not I will come off delay move into the hatch just north of Nakon and release a Channel at them.
Fine then let them feel my power!

A green miasma exudes from Sevien avoiding Nakon...it enters the creatures bodies and attempts to snuff out their life energy...

Channel Negative Energy DC18 Will power Save 1d6 ⇒ 4


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 0/5

Mata has no idea if you will hit us or not, his impression or your channeling is that is some kind of of cone that you seem to be able aim really well.


Deity

Sevien clambers down the hatch (-C10) and channels negative energy. The burst of energy from Sevien cascades in all directions, filling the bilges and flashes out the trap door, barely missing those gathered around it. (Only square -A-1 affected on the lower deck) The rats squeal in pain but only pause a moment before attacking.


Nakon laughs, the sound grating, as the negative energy cascades around him. He pivots, knife low as the creatures attack.

Mighty AC of 13 without armour.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

Damned vermin! You will not survive Asmodeus' power!!!!! he screams at them...

I have you beat with my 11AC!!! Dire rats are more powerful than I remember...lol
anyone else coming down to join the fun???


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 0/5

Mata will climb down to -b11 and swing two-handed at the rat in front of him.

using prescience roll 11+4=15 damage 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Prescience roll for next round 1d20 ⇒ 20


Female Taldane Human Bard (Sea Singer) 1 / Cleric of Besmara 0

With the brute squade heading down, Lysandra will delay, waiting to heal someone who is injured.


Deity

(Concealment from Mata 20%- Low bad- 1d100 ⇒ 96)
Mata clambers down beside Nakon and takes a powerful swing with the heavy mace. There is a crunch as the mace catches the creature in the side of the head and it is tossed into the wall from the force of the blow.

Realising his whip won't work through the hatch, Xantrius follows Mata into the bilges (-C11), and lashes at a dire rat.
Whip, Scorpion 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Damage 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Concealment from Xantrius 20%- Low bad- 1d100 ⇒ 42

Already weakened from Sevien's channel, the whip slices the neck of a rat darting at Sevien and it vanishes into the foul water.

(Edited for concealment)


Deity

Round 2

SD Dave:
1d100 ⇒ 24
1 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
2 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
3 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
4 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
5 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

While the light from above shines through the hatch, there are still plenty of shadows and corners occupied by whiskers and tails. The incredible heat of the day is staggering in the confined space of the bilges and as you all dart, dodge and crowd to avoid the sharp incisors you break out in a film of sweat. The fetid air tastes foul on your tongue, working against your increased breathing.

Initiative
Critters 23
Sevien 20
Lysandra 17
Xantrius 17
Nakon 16
Mata 6

Effects
- Critters have concealment under water
- Light (Sevien)
- Dancing Lights (Xantrius)
- Magic Weapon (Nakon)

Critters
The dire rats scamper and scuttle across the walls and flow swiftly through the waters, coping easily with the debris. Whether driven mad by the heat, scared or just vicious, they close in around the group gnashing and biting.

bite Sevien 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
damage 1d4 ⇒ 1
bite Nakon 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
damage 1d4 ⇒ 3
bite Nakon1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
damage 1d4 ⇒ 2
bite Mata 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
damage 1d4 ⇒ 4
bite Mata 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
damage 1d4 ⇒ 1

Sevien takes a sharp nip, while Nakon fends one rat off but is chomped by another. The last two tear at Mata's flesh, one opening a deep gouge across his thigh exposing muscle and bone to the bilge waters.

The activity and movement rouses something from the webs in the ceiling and Xantrius feels spindly legs brush against his neck.
bite Xantrius 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
damage 1
Xantrius fort save 1d20 ⇒ 17
He feels a sharp pain as his veins seems to be on fire, but fights off the weakening effect of the poison.

(Lysandra -undelay at leisure, Sevien, Nakon and Mata)
(Map)


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 0/5

The second attack against me is a possible, rat might want to confirm before it dies (as I can see exact how is about to die).


Deity

Confirm critical bite Mata 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
damage 1d4 ⇒ 3

Nope. :-)


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

May death take you!
channel negative energy to damage DC 18 willpower save 1d6 ⇒ 3 exclude the party members.


Female Taldane Human Bard (Sea Singer) 1 / Cleric of Besmara 0

Lysandra climbs down, reaching out to touch Mata on the should to deliver a healing spell.

CLW:1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 0/5

As the healing surges through his body "Oh, thanks."

Jumping a head as I'm probably off the computer for a day, ignore this is Sevien and others killed the remaining Rats before my go.

Using Prescience natural 20 to hit damage:1d8 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 1 = 12
Critical confirmation: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 1 = 18 extra damage: 1d8 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 1 = 13

Mata smashes the rats head trapping it between the hull and making a mess.

currently don't plan to use prescience roll next round


Waiting to see what happens on the channel before posting.


Deity

SD Dave:
s1 1d20 ⇒ 20
s2 1d20 ⇒ 6
1 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
2 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
3 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
4 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
5 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Sevien's blast fills the bilges and flows out through the hatch but misses Lysandra. The rats crumple as the last of their life energy is ripped from them by Sevien's channel.
Even the spider on Xantrius falls from his shoulder, legs curled, onto a broken crate.
Lysandra lowers herself down the ladder just far enough to heal Mata. The stifling heat and the reek is palpable.
One of the rats, barely alive tries to slink under the water only for Mata's powerful blow to end it.
There is a sudden silence except the slopping of the waters against your legs and the hull.

(Fort saves from Sevien, Nakon and 2 from Mata- add any bonuses vs diseases :-)


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 0/5

Mata give out a grant and give sevien a strong slap on back. "You fight bravely for one so puny, your parents must be proud of you."
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

Ow dammit! That rat bit me...hopefully it won't get infected. We need a healers kit in case we run into any more trouble. I have one in my stuff that got stolen...Xantrius, do you think you can use your influence with the Quartermaster to get it back?

Fortitude Save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

@ Mata, My parents were both killed by disease when I was young...I doubt they would understand what I have become even if they were alive!Maybe we should bring the rat bodies up top, to show our taskmasters that our task is indeed done? At any rate we should throw the rat bodies overboard so they don't infect the ship if they are carrying anything.

At that Sevien grabs a large rat tail, turns and walks back onto the deck, his business below finished, it's life drained corpse bumping up the stairs as he wonders back up top.


Nakon seems disappointed the battle was so short, cleaning his knife fastidiously before tucking it back into his vest.

I like my way of killing more than yours devil man. But it is effective, he says grudgingly.

Fort 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Any point searching the area or did we do that before?


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 0/5

Mata calls to "Sevien wait, there is no reason to go back up so soon. As log as we keep making noise they don't know how long the fight took." With that he hits the water a couple of times as noisily as possible with his mace.

Indicating with his mace "Yesterday I searched down here up to this point, I found quite a lot if you all help we probably could finish down here. Oh there is some leather armour over there, it might be a bit smelly."


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

Sevien holds for a moment on the stairs and looks at the water with disdain...Fine, at least I can improve the smell then while you all search...
Sevien spends the next hour or so purifying much of the entire hold of water...Purify water a bazillion times while they search, he has had enough of the stench :]


Take 20 on search for 26 or if that is not possible.

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Deity

(Although I assume you are all taking 20 on your perception checks, I'd still like rolls please from those that are searching.)

The going is long and tedious, and certainly not helped by the heat and the stench. This is further exacerbated by the light vanishing every ten minutes and having to be recast. Sevien's constant purifying of the water seems to have little effect, as cube after cube after cube of clear water immediately muddies and mixes with the remaining muck. As time passes you all agree, however, that the smell has abated somewhat, though whether the smell has actually faded or you are more used to it is hard to say.

(Fort saves as well from everyone. Thanks.)


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16
Nakon the Cruel wrote:

Nakon seems disappointed the battle was so short, cleaning his knife fastidiously before tucking it back into his vest.

I like my way of killing more than yours devil man. But it is effective, he says grudgingly.

Fort 1d20 + 5

Any point searching the area or did we do that before?

Don't worry I won't take away your chance at blood...in fact I hope we all get to bath in as much blood as we can once the time is right. Scourge and Plugg are going to be in for a particularly horrid fate at the end of their voyage...did I ever tell you a really hate it down here?

Fortitude Save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


Female Taldane Human Bard (Sea Singer) 1 / Cleric of Besmara 0

Perception:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Fort Save:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 0/5

perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9
Fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Grinning "I was thinking Whip boy should get whipped to death."


Deity

Xantrius perception 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (9) - 2 = 7
Xantrius Fort 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Xantrius finds only a scattering of 5 gold pieces and a tindertwig amongst the debris. Mata fares little better, finding another tindertwig and a small vial of holy water. Nakon finds a small pouch with another 16 gold in it and a tanglefoot bag. Meanwhile, Lysandra finds a small sack tucked away with a fine handaxe wrapped carefully inside it.

However, the hour of searching and the brutal heat takes its toll on Lysandra, Mata and Xantrius. Their thoughts and actions are sluggish and they are all fatigued.

Lysandra- nonlethal damage 1d4 ⇒ 4
Mata- nonlethal damage 1d4 ⇒ 1
Xantrius- nonlethal damage 1d4 ⇒ 1


Nakon grins as he opens the pouch. Taking the gold he hands the valuable bag to Sevien.

Fair is fair. He grunts, tucking the pouch into his other vest pocket.

Sorry got confused about whether I needed one or two fort saves.

Fort 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

Sevien accepts the tanglefoot bag, This can be of use delaying enemies.
he tucks the bag away for future use. When it seems like they are done, he heads back up with his rat and dumps it on the deck, Mr. Plugg, we are pleased to inform you that the rat infestation below decks is handled! Is there anything else or should I return to my duties?


Nakon- nonlethal damage 1d4 ⇒ 2 and fatigued

"O' course ye be returning to yer duties, slacker! They don't be doin' themselves."


Nakon casts cure light wounds on himself which involves pricking his thumb with his dagger and letting a drop of blood spill onto his wounds.

CLW 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 assume that doesn't remove the fatigue

401 to 450 of 1,503 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shipmaster Dave's Skull and Shackles 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.