Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Shipmaster Dave's Skull and Shackles

Game Master Pryllin

Skull and Shackles Adventure Path
Part 1 of 6: The Wormwood Mutiny


301 to 350 of 1,503 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Grok looks worriedly behind Xantrius. "Tain't Fishguts be there yet? Plugg'll 'ave 'im at Bloody 'our 'gin. 'e 'asn't checked up on 'im yet. May be down soon. Ye're gonna hafta do th' cookin' fer 'im. 'e'll be no good today. 'e gave you that papers yesserday. But 'ere 're yer flags. An' ere's some more o' that parchment anyways. I's just gettin' some stuff together for customers. I knows every item in 'ere like th' scar on me throat." She smiles proudly, showing sharpened teeth. (Xantrius, add another 2 sheets of parchment and your flags to your equipment)


Male Half-Orc Wizard 1 - HP 13/13, 0 non-lethal, AC12, CMD16, F+3, R+2, W+3, Prescience 6/6
Master Scourge said wrote:
As evening approaches, Master Scourge keeps an eye on Mata. "Don't be fergettin' ye still owe us 't Bloody Hour. Quite the line up t'night."

Mata manages to bit back any responce and avoiding eye contact and continues to work. I won't forget, I'll be counting. I'm pretty sure I can make that thing hurt lot more than he can.


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used
SD Cut-Throat Grok wrote:
Grok looks worriedly behind Xantrius. "Tain't Fishguts be there yet? Plugg'll 'ave 'im at Bloody 'our 'gin. 'e 'asn't checked up on 'im yet. May be down soon. Ye're gonna hafta do th' cookin' fer 'im. 'e'll be no good today. 'e gave you that papers yesserday. But 'ere 're yer flags. An' ere's some more o' that parchment anyways. I's just gettin' some stuff together for customers. I knows every item in 'ere like th' scar on me throat." She smiles proudly, showing sharpened teeth. (Xantrius, add another 2 sheets of parchment and your flags to your equipment)

Is this interaction with Grok sufficient to make a diplomacy check to influence attitude? I'll roll a check just in case. Sevien's interaction with Rose has me a little confused on the rule for it.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20 Check to change attitude, plus any bonuses from performance last night.

Xantrius smiled at Grok in his most friendly manner.

Thankyou Grok- you are a credit to this vessel of thieves and rogues- a stalwart woman of law and honour among these scum. Me cook? That... could be problematic. Does Fishguts have some kind of recipe book I can work from perhaps? I was going to start taking notes today you see.


Deity

(Grok's attitude shifted from Indifferent to Friendly, including +2 for last night's performance and +2 with Grok for being Kroop's cook's mate)
Cut-Throat Grok looks at Xantrius concerned and picks at her teeth with a dagger. "I've seen 'im usin' a cook book afore, though no idea where 'e keeps it. He seemed quite taken with ye yesterday. Said ye were payin' attention and would be a great 'elp. Even 'ad an extra few to celebrate. I 'ope ye can 'elp 'im, or Plugg'll not spare either o' ye th' lash."

Indeed, it isn't very long before Mister Plugg is below decks, and horrendous shouts and threats blast from Kroop and Grok's cabin. To no avail it appears, as only Plugg emerges, his face a dark cloud. He turns on Xantrius upon entering the kitchen. "Ye better have dinner ready or ye'll be explaining ta whole crew why they be goin' hungry. 'n' yer songs 'n' excuses ain't gonna be no use then. I can'ts spend all day supervisin' th' likes o' ye, but I'll be 'ere orfen 'nough. 'Tis a triple keelhaulin' fer poisonin' the crew. So get's ter workin'. NOW!!"

(DC10 Perception to find a large, fancy looking cookbook. Using the tome while cooking grants a +1 circumstance bonus on Profession(Cook) checks.)
(Despite the chaos, the entire galley functions as a set of masterwork tools (+2) for Profession (Cook) checks.)
(Profession(Cook) OR Int check, your choice. No other bonuses.)


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used

With a 24 I was hoping to make her Helpful but i'll settle for Friendly :). That's my daytime ship action done now right?

Xantrius smiled sweetly at Grok.

I won't let him down. Plugg and Scourge aren't getting me at bloody hour without working for it he reassured her.

When Plugg himself came down below deck, Xantrius tried to gauge his mood and then innocently asked him- Did you perchance have any performance request I failed to oblige, Mister Plugg? I'll be happy to dedicate a song or story to you next time he said with a wink.

Once Plugg had left, the young Taldan desperately looked around for the cookbook Grok mentioned and let out a yelp of triumph as he found it inside one of the goat cages. Following one of its recipes, he actually managed to prepare a decent meal despite himself.

1d20 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 3 Sense Motive on Mr Plugg

1d20 ⇒ 15 Perception VS DC10 (Success)

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20 Profession (Cook) with +3 bonus


Deity

(Heal back another Con damage from the rum.)

SD Dave:
(2d6 ⇒ (3, 6) = 9)

As the day winds down the Wormwood drops anchor and another red orange sunset bleeds across the sky. The crew gathers around the main mast once more, and Mister Plugg gleefully calls forth the entertainment for another bloody hour.

There's a lashing for Tilly Brackett (a non-descript woman that you vaguely remember having seconds of the rum the previous night) for losing a rope overboard.
Fipps and Narwhal respond to their names but today Narwhal shows considerably less enthusiam for the lash. Both have been healed, but are still obviously stiff and sore from the morning's "exertions", followed by a hard day of work once brought up on deck. Fipps collapses under the second lash, and again Quinn is called in to use her healing burst to revive him for his third. (This has the consequence of also healing Mata to full health before his thrashing.)
Finally, Mata steps forward and takes his lashes from the cat-o'-nine-tails.

Cat-o'-nine-tails 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Cat-o'-nine-tails 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Cat-o'-nine-tails 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
(Mata now has 12hp and 12 non-lethal damage)

In spite of the brutal lashings, Mata is just able to walk away under his own volition.

Dinner is doled out by Xantrius. The crew ignore him and grab bowls as soon as they're full. Some wolf down the meal immediately, while others retreat with them.
Then Cut-Throat Grok arrives with the rum rations and everyone is awarded a half-pint of the powerful alcohol.


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used

Ungrateful pirate swine, can you not taste the 20!? Can we get the list of night time actions please? :).


Deity

Nighttime Ship Actions*
Sleep: Go to bed early and sleep through the night (automatically recover from fatigue)
Gamble: Play or gamble on a game of chance or pirate entertainment
Entertain: Make one Perform check to entertain the crew
Influence: Attempt to influence a single NPC
Sneak: Take time exploring one area of the ship. The PC can take 20 on a single Perception check or other skill check, but must make a check to avoid being discovered.
Steal: Attempt to open a locked door or locker. The PC must make a check to avoid being discovered.

(*GM reserves right to ignore and twist rules as best suits the story.)


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

Sevien gathers their group including Sandara and any of the other's we have influenced who seemed inclinced to be friendly.
There is something wrong with the rum. I don't know what it is yet but I can stop it from hurting us any further. I will be saying a prayer to Asmodeus and casting a spell to purify the rum. Just play along.
Sevien cast purify food and drink on everyone's cup.
He then tends to Mata's wounds:
Heal check treat wounds 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 and then casts a cure light wounds on him. 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Deity

Stealth check from Sevien please... :-)


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used

Xantrius shrugged and provided it seemed Sevien was able to do it without being spotted, consented to the purification spell.

Suppose that depends on Sevien's stealth check.

Once Grok had finished doling out the rum he made a beeline for her, determined to make friends with the quartermaster and take advantage of his earlier conversations with her that seemed positive. Xantrius went on a full charm offensive- complimenting the half-orc as he grinned, smiled, joked and laughed with genuine mirth. While others were clearly welcome where he was sat with her and he was friendly with his fellow press-ganged, his attention for much of the evening was clearly focused on the quartermaster.

1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 2 + 2 = 31 Diplomacy roll to change attitude to Xantrius over the course of the evening. Roll assumes two +2 bonuses from earlier still apply.

As the evening idled by, the witty Taldan kept his eyes peeled for Fishguts- and eagerly invited him over to talk when he appeared.


Aside from his work which the big man handles easily, Nakon spends his day quietly, watching the ebb and flow of people on the ship. Theres no subserviance in him but he seems perfectly content doing what he's doing, as if waiting for something..

Later, he takes his rum but declines to drink like the previous night. He listens to Sevien and nods, allowing the mug to be spelled but sniffing it carefully after.

He seems well inclined to Sevien now, as if the cleric's display of power has made him worthy of consideration.

Perception to see if rum rendered unharmful 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

He seeks out Cut-Throat Grok when he gets chance, preferably when she's not surrounded.

You have something that is mine. A shark's tooth on a leather thong.

As above I assume I need some kind of focus for cleric domain spells even as a druid?


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

That was what the cover of leading the group in prayer to Asmodeus was about, I think I was trying to do more of a bluff than a stealth but away from the other's especially Plugg and Scourge.

Take a 10 on Stealth or bluff if possible 11 on stealth or 14 if I can use bluff.


Male Half-Orc Wizard 1 - HP 13/13, 0 non-lethal, AC12, CMD16, F+3, R+2, W+3, Prescience 6/6

Mata walk away from his lashing head held high if a little gingerly and slowly. Proceeding to dinner he looks at it carefully and tastes it. smiling he wolfs it down and goes back to Xantrius.

Grinning "What can do for you in exchange for seconds or thirds?"

Mata accepts his rum ration gratefully. When Sevien purifies his drink and heals him "Thank you for your generosity but I quite liked the rum, it had a kick to it that took the pain away."

Assuming Sevien succeeds in purifying the rum otherwise I'll drink the original rum.

Downing the purified rum he goes and gets a second helping before going and goes in search of Narwhal. Sitting down next him Mata takes large swig of the drink and smiles showing his canines. "That Master Scourge sure knows how to swing a whip doesn't he?"

Rum Mechanics:

Temp. Cha Bonus:1d4 ⇒ 4
Fatigued:1d8 ⇒ 8 hours
Temp. Con Damage:1d3 ⇒ 3
Fort save:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Ouch 3 con. BTW if Sevien failed to heal me I now full unconscious much could work. Using my action to influence Narwhal, I suspect this will fail horribly but hey the rum doesn't improve wisdom. If You are ok with it I'd like to use my prescience in the round I make the diplomacy check (assuming I get to talk to him for that long).


Female Taldane Human Bard (Sea Singer) 1 / Cleric of Besmara 0

Lysandra nods toward Sevien, grateful for his efforts to purify the rum before she drinks.

"I'll do my best to keep the crew distracted while the rest of you do whatever it is you think you need to. Gods only know what that rum and the past few days have done to me voice." she says just before getting up to sing a sea shanty that she had learned on her father's ships years before

Perform (Singing):1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

As the crew throws her overboard to get her to shut up....


Deity

SD Dave:
Plugg Sense Motive 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Sevien's quick prayer works, leaving you all with a brackish liquid which tastes cloyingly sweet but otherwise appears to have no effect on you.
There's little Sevien can do for the vicious cuts across Mata's back, but his magic seals them somewhat.
Plugg notices Sevien and barges straight towards him.
"Ye'll be keepin' yer foul magics in check until I says so," he bellows, and lashes Sevien with the cat.
Cat-o'-nine-tails 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Meanwhile, Conchobhar, the gnome in purple, grabs the floor and starts singing a variety of songs and sea shanties. 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Some of the crew cheer and join in, but one or two look round for Xantrius first.

Xantrius strikes up conversation with Cut-Throat Grok who is refreshingly frank and honest. She's got her responsibilities, she gets fed and she gets respect, so she's quite happy aboard the Wormwood. She does worry about Kroop, though, who's had a rough life and can never seem to turn it round. Kroop doesn't appear at all that evening. She thanks Xantrius for his concern for Kroop and offers her services should they ever be needed. (Grok's attitude shifts from Friendly to Helpful)

Nakon finds Grok chatting with Xantrius. She seems unperturbed by his statement. "I'm merely looking after it fer th' cap'n. It's 'is now."
(A divine focus component is an item of spiritual significance. p213. Tooth works very well.)

Narwhal growls at Mata, "He should do. That's all 'e ever does. You'll be gettin' plenty more. Now, whaddya want?"
(Don't forget +2 to your Cha skills from the Cha increase.)


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

Sevien barely reacts to Plugg but does say, Of course Sir. As I mentioned I am a healer, I just didn't want his wounds to become infected and he die. We can't afford to lose any other men.
Sevien drinks his now harmless rum and heads downstairs to get a good nights rest.
He heals himself as soon as he sees noone else around with his other cure spell.
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Nakon looks intently at the half-orc.

Its worth nothing to nobody but me. It would be best for everyone, you and the cap'n included, if it was given back.

He thrusts his leg forward, the wooden plug protruding where his left foot used to be.

Shark took my foot and 'et it. I got a bite of its flesh though. The man pauses, his eyes momentarily losing their focus and he smiles almost dreamily.

His eyes snap back. And pried out that tooth.

It didn't die though. The shark. I dream of it sometimes. Swimming through the dark waters. It wants its tooth back. And maybe another bite out of Nakon. To join us together again.

But it may settle for whoever has the tooth. As I said, best for everyone if you give it back for me to look after.

Not sure if I need a roll. Bluff, diplomacy, intimidate the same.


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used

Am I able to make a diplomacy check to make a request of Grok now or would that be another action? In particular, she offered her services so if its not problematic i'd like to do a "well, now that you mention it..."


Deity

Bluff check from Nakon. Diplomacy from Xantrius.

SD Dave:
Grok Sense Motive 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10


Male Half-Orc Wizard 1 - HP 13/13, 0 non-lethal, AC12, CMD16, F+3, R+2, W+3, Prescience 6/6

Mata grins at Narwhal, which looks like very like he bearing his teeth. "I'm sure I will. Now came across to thank you for fight this morning, it was just what I needed and made us both stronger. I hope there isn't any hard feelings about the broken ribs."

"I was thinking I caught you off guard and maybe it was bit unfair. Maybe we could organise it a bit better next time. After drinks those that want to go up on deck and have a fair match one on one and the others could lay bets who would win."

Then in a quieter conspiratorial tone "And if we did the organising and setting of odds we could make a tidy little profit. I'm sure the Captain and Mr Plugg wouldn't complain at the crew 'training' especially if they get their cut."

Prescience roll: 1d20 ⇒ 15


Male Half-Orc Wizard 1 - HP 13/13, 0 non-lethal, AC12, CMD16, F+3, R+2, W+3, Prescience 6/6

Using my prescience and bonus to cha from the rum I get 15 for diplomacy to influence Narwhal


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used

Diplomacy to make a request, DC 0 + Grok's cha mod + other stuff in table.

1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 2 + 2 = 23

After an evening of making friends with Grok, Xantrius whispered to her-

Grok, I hate to ask- but now that you mention it... Me and a few of the others were ambushed in the hold this morning. There was even a knife pulled on us, and me with no weapon to defend myself... I could really use the armour, my whip and my spell pouch. The rest I can pay for once we make some coin, but I need to live long enough to pay for it and Plugg and Scourge clearly got it in for me... I'll look after Fishguts too, mark my words...


Rosie goes up to Lysandra. "Ye sang well. That were rude o' the gnome to butt in. 'e so loves 'imself, he needs a good taking down. E'en that eye patch is jus' fer show. I swear, if'n everyone just ignored 'im, e'd fade away till there be naught left but the feather in 'is 'at."


Deity

After successfully purifying everyone's rum, Sevien wearily heads below decks to find the lower hold dark and empty. There's no response when he heals himself.

Narwhal spits at Mata's feet. "Ye ken leave me out ya empty 'eaded schemes. Ye like th' taste o' th' lash, Crimson'd fight ye for lookin' at 'im funny. I'll be survivin' this trip, an' anyone get's in me way, they won't." He rises stiffly and heads off below decks.

Grok shakes her head at Xantrius. "Plugg an' Scourge don't got it in fer ye. Yer jus' new an' they be pains ta everyone. It's th' Cap'n's way. Now, I shouldn't be 'andin' out the Cap'n's stuff, but fer a small IOU I could get ye yer whip and that pouch on t'morrow."


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used

Xantrius shrugged.

Roughing up the new guy and sending armed ruffians to try and stab him seem many degrees apart to me. But you make a fair deal Grok, and i'm a man who pays his debts. Its a done deal.

He shook her hand.

Thank you my friend.

As Nakon made his request, he leant in to whisper to Grok- I don't suppose you could throw in Nakon's shark tooth as well on the IOU? I'd like to get the big guy on my side.


FYI Nakon believes what he is saying. Whether its true..

Bluff 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (10) - 2 = 8


SD Dave:
(Grok is also incredibly superstitious, and anyone using superstition to bluff the quartermaster gains a +4 circumstance bonus on Bluff checks against her.p25)

Grok shudders at Nakon's tale. "Shark wants its tooth? Creepy. The Cap'n won't like that. Mebbe ye should 'ave it back. Don't want nothin' cursed in the stores. Come get it on t'morrow, when I's open."


Nakon looks pleased, a bit of tension oozing out of him. He seems about as genial as he gets, holding Xantrius' eye for a moment and nodding at him before settling his back against a barrel and closing his eyes as if in mediation.

It is coming together and I don't even need to kill the half-breed. I have a blade and soon my tooth. Then the Change.

A smile played across his face.

Dave:

Couldn't help looking at that spoiler. Not sure if I warrant the bonus (I was more tying to build on his creepy story TBH) but maybe it works out either way.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16
Mata/Obsidian wrote:
Using my prescience and bonus to cha from the rum I get 15 for diplomacy to influence Narwhal

I was able to cleanse your rum so no bonus from it. At least you won't take the CON damage now.


Female Taldane Human Bard (Sea Singer) 1 / Cleric of Besmara 0
SD Rosie Cusswell wrote:
Rosie goes up to Lysandra. "Ye sang well. That were rude o' the gnome to butt in. 'e so loves 'imself, he needs a good taking down. E'en that eye patch is jus' fer show. I swear, if'n everyone just ignored 'im, e'd fade away till there be naught left but the feather in 'is 'at."

"I'm not so worried about it, even if my voice sounded like gravel tonight. Even so, it was just nice to feel a bit like myself, if just for a little while."


Male Half-Orc Wizard 1 - HP 13/13, 0 non-lethal, AC12, CMD16, F+3, R+2, W+3, Prescience 6/6
I wrote wrote:
Downing the purified rum he goes and gets a second helping before going and goes in search of Narwhal.

After losing 3 con Mata might just have the purified rum next time.

Mata sits smiling as he watches Narwhal leave. You might just have got in my way now.


Mata is extremely beaten up right?


Male Half-Orc Wizard 1 - HP 13/13, 0 non-lethal, AC12, CMD16, F+3, R+2, W+3, Prescience 6/6

Yip the bar next to my name is up to date, I have 11 current Hp and 9 non-lethal damage.


Lysandra Eventide wrote:
"I'm not so worried about it, even if my voice sounded like gravel tonight. Even so, it was just nice to feel a bit like myself, if just for a little while."

"I knows what yer mean. I'm lost without me other stuff."


Deity

The rest of the evening passes uneventfully. Conchobhar enjoys the attention as he regales his audience with songs of shipwrecks, pirates, battle and plunder. Your group is given a wide berth by many. Aemilia seems to have vanished somewhere with Jack Scrimshaw, leaving Shivikah to gravitate towards Plugg and his cronies. Quinn and Rosie stay nearby and head down to the hammocks with the bulk of you.
(Heal back 1 Con and 8 nonlethal overnight)


Male Half-Orc Wizard 1 - HP 13/13, 0 non-lethal, AC12, CMD16, F+3, R+2, W+3, Prescience 6/6

The next morning Mata wakes to a splitting headache. Assuming there aren't any disruptions like yesterday morning he will wait and be the last up the stairs attempting to cast detect magic twice before running up the stairs (he will use prescience in both rounds) if he fails both rounds he'll give up and run up the stairs anyway.

I'll wait to make the rolls to confirm there aren't any interruptions.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

Sevien is one of the first people up. Mata wakes to Sevien standing over him. He whispers to him...
Hush, we must make sure your wounds are completely healed.
Cure light wounds 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 these damned d8's are sucking something fierce...2 more point of damage and non-lethal healed

Come, you don't be the last one up, you can't afford another whipping.
Sevien is one of the first ones on deck having already completed his spell preparation while everyone else slept.


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used

Xantrius wasn't sure where his duties would take him in the morning, so he asked Grok if she could get his things sent to him by the runner or pop into the galley at some point.

Seems a basic request so just in case if needed heres a diplomacy roll-

1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 2 + 2 = 27

Before he went to sleep, Xantrius took the time to introduce himself formally to Rosie, wanting her to at least have had some small talk with him before he tried to win her over at a later date. He asked her if she enjoyed the food, where she came from etc. and generally tried to get to know her. Not truly knowing much about Quinn, he also extended the questions to her.

Present-

Xantrius had also woken up early, wary of another morning ambush.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

Sevien looks to Xantrius as he stirs and whispers, I trust you slept better without that damned grog in your belly?
Maybe we should go ahead and sneak into the area where it is kept tonight and I can purify the entire barrel? It would remove my need to hide purifying it each evening. As I mentioned it seems to be contaminated in some way, although I haven't figured out what it is yet.


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used

Xantrius shrugged and slowly got up from his hammock.

I didn't find the rum too troublesome the first time anyway. I think the "contamination" is just an over-strong proportion of whatever makes it so strong. I'm afraid, good Sevien, i'd rather win more allies than risk a whipping sneaking into storage, especially as I made friends with the quartermaster last night.


Male Half-Orc Wizard 1 - HP 13/13, 0 non-lethal, AC12, CMD16, F+3, R+2, W+3, Prescience 6/6

Mata whispers back to Sevien "I was hoping to get an idea of what magic the officers have so we can plan better, without revealing my abilities as yet. Tell me if you can think of a better plan."
Then louder "Boy does my head hurt, I don't think the second helping of rum was a wise idea."


Female Taldane Human Bard (Sea Singer) 1 / Cleric of Besmara 0

Lysandra wakes and mentally prepares herself for what is sure to be another unpleasant day. She smiles and nods in toward Sevien, thankful for his purification of last night's rum ration as she heads up the stairs.


Nakon sleeps like a baby, rolling easily out of his hammock.

Overhearing the others talking he comments.

Everyone drinks so everyone will know. Leave it be.

He will retrive his pendant before starting his work if possible.


Deity

No one dares get in your way the following morning and you make it atop decks unmolested. Both Nakon and Xantrius are able to make it to the Quartermaster's store where a grumbling Grok finds keys, shifts chests, opens an iron one with her keys, retrieves your items and kicks you out. They barely make it on decks before Mister Plugg whirls around, but the rest of you make it in plenty of time.
Mister Plugg assigns you all different roles again. Aemilia's face clouds darkly when she finds herself swabbing decks with Sandara, Rosie and Aretta, but she says nothing. Jack glances at her remorsefully as he's sent below decks rat catching with Jaundiced Jake. Crimson and Fipps are assigned to repairs with Badger, while Mata and Tilly find themselves assigned to the bilges. Lysandra and the gnome, Giffer Tibbs, are assigned to hauling ropes and knot work while Sevien, recovered from the previous days exhaustion, is assigned as a runner with Shivikah.
Nakon find himself grounded with ropework, while his coveted lookout position goes to Narwhal. Maheem and Conchobhar handle the mainsail duties while Slippery Syl, the female human with the shifty eyes, takes the line work. Barefoot Samms replaces Nakon doing the upper rigging work and Ratline, the male halfling, is assigned the rigging repair.
Xantrius is sent below decks to the galley, where he finds Ambrose Kroop scrabbling about while holding a large net.


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used

Xantrius was relieved to find the cook actually in the kitchen today. He smiled warmly at Ambrose as he greeted him.

Ambrose my friend, its good to see you. You missed drinks last night with Grok and I. Whats on the menu today, boss?


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16
Xantrius Casmirre wrote:

Xantrius was relieved to find the cook actually in the kitchen today. He smiled warmly at Ambrose as he greeted him.

Ambrose my friend, its good to see you. You missed drinks last night with Grok and I. Whats on the menu today, boss?

The rest of us are not relieved, your cooking was better than his on a good day. Ambrose may have to be one of my first zombies...


Male Half-Orc Wizard 1 - HP 13/13, 0 non-lethal, AC12, CMD16, F+3, R+2, W+3, Prescience 6/6

Mata turns to Tilly a smile crossing his face. "Looks like we got lucky today."


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

Dave, is there any way you can post the crew compliment and their current attitude towards us in your profile? I am finding it hard to keep track of who is and is not on our side. Also the different days actions would be good as well...Thanks! S.

Sevien spends the day focused on the task at hand, trying not to get whipped.


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used

I believe the attitudes are to individuals, especially as we're not currently a coherent group. I've kept track of those whose attitude I have changed towards Xantrius in my profile.

301 to 350 of 1,503 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shipmaster Dave's Skull and Shackles 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.