Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Shipmaster Dave's Skull and Shackles

Game Master Pryllin

Skull and Shackles Adventure Path
Part 1 of 6: The Wormwood Mutiny


251 to 300 of 1,503 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used

Tied up in a work thing atm, will post in 2/3 hours.


Nakon will turn if fighting continues.


Female Taldane Human Bard (Sea Singer) 1 / Cleric of Besmara 0

Lysandra heads over toward Sevien.

35' causes a double move, so she's done for the round.


Deity

(Sorry- Lysandra is 35' to Sevien's square- only 30' to the square next to Sevien.)


Female Taldane Human Bard (Sea Singer) 1 / Cleric of Besmara 0

Oh ok..

Lysandra moves over to the injured cleric, casting a healing spell to mend the wound.

CLW:1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used

First blood to the press-ganged... These scum are less than vermin and shall fall to the fists of Nakon and Obsidian, the magic of Sevien!

Inspire Courage- only relevant bit will be +1 to attack and damage I suspect.

Xantrius moved over to support Sevien, stepping in behind the woman with the dagger.


Deity

Laying Down the Law

Round 2

Initiative

Aretta
Sevien
Mata
Maheem (Shaken)
Aemilia
Nakon
Fipps
Lysandra
Xantrius

Effects:
Allies: +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls

The big eared woman, burned and having let Nakon through after her lousy swing, winds her way over to the big Rahadoumi man. She takes up a defensive stance, but doesn't approach anyone.

Sevien finds himself facing the dagger wielding Fipps, but is backed up by Lysandra. With her touch, Sevien's long cut has vanished, leaving only his torn and bloodstained shirt as evidence it had ever been. Sevien is unarmed, but flanking Fipps with Xantrius who has stepped in behind the shaved headed, fat man with the dagger.

Mata sees and Nakon hears Fipps go Sevien, though having left the hold, it would take Nakon precious seconds to reach them while Mata is less than two dozen feet away.

(Sevien, Mata, Nakon)


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used

Xantrius figured if he was going to tackle a knife-wielding pirate, he may as well do his best to get his hands on the knife. He waited for an opportune moment and tried to wrest the blade away...

1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 3 - 4 = 15 Assumes no flank bonus

-4 for being unarmed already taken into account. A measly AC11, any damage dealt during AOO applied as a penalty to the disarm.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

Sevien 5' steps away, creates a duplicate of himself and then launches a flamebolt at him.

I am armed with the strength of Asmodeus. I need no pitiful weapons!I won't be killing you, but I will be claiming your soul for hell.

Flamebolt ranged touch attack, 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 + 1 = 19 damage 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 = 7


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 0/5

Mata moves up to the big eared woman and readies to hit her.

"I am confused coward are you fighting or running? I am in a bit of a hurry and not sure if I should be breaking you or not."

Readied attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 71d3 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Attack of opportunity (if I get a chance to take one): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 131d3 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Deity

There is a satisfying look of surprise on the face of the knife-wielding Fipps as a second Sevien appears. Even more satisfying is the shock he shows as the flamebolt takes Fipps in his oversized belly and he collapses to the ground in a heap.

The woman flinches as Mata approaches, but doesn't strike yet. "I'm no coward," she growls. "I don't need magic or weapons to win a fist fight, though I see you do."
The big Rahadoumi also stands ready, shoulder to shoulder with the woman except his shoulder is almost a foot above hers. Their backs are to the hull, just away from the foot of the stairs and only just outside the boundary of where Sevien's channel was.

There's no other enemies left standing and Aemilia carefully makes her way forward to the fallen Fipps while looking at Sevien with some awe.

(Nakon, Lysandra, Xantrius)


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used

Xantrius snatched up the knife.


Nakon moves toward the conflict, striking when he comes into range.

Not sure how far away I am. Didn't intend to leave the fight.

Unarmed strike 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8 (inspire)
1d3 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8


Deity

(Nakon can reach the readied Aretta and Maheem just away from the bottom of the steps with a move. A second move is required to reach Lysandra, Sevien, Xantrius and the others amidships.)

Aemilia glares at Xantrius, then smiles sweetly.

Aretta and Maheem continue to stand defensively, neither initiating an attack.

Round 3
Dropping initiative unless someone attacks.


With the fight quickly over Nakon shrugs and heads back toward the deck though he nods at Sevien first and looks pleased for some reason.


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 0/5

Mata looks a little confused. "I have neither magic or weapon to use. I assure you your friend's ribs were broken the old fashioned method. Here left me show you."
He turns his back and walks over the the slumped body. if either of them take the attack of opportunity he'll attack otherwise. Mata bends over the body to see if it is currently bleeding then picks him up carries him back effortlessly.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

Mata, well done, please bring him over here, today is not his day to die.
Sevien moves over and checks each man to make sure they don't die.
Take a 10 on heal checks to stabilize them.

Sevien looks at the others who threatened them.
Remember this moment. Other than the captain and his men, we are the power here. If you decide to attack us again or report this incident to the captain or his men I will make sure your souls find the Hells and spends an eternity in pain and suffering.

To Xantrius and the others,
Do you want me to heal them and we can send them packing? Maybe we should re-locate our hammocks to a better location? he grins at them.


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 0/5

Mata stares at Sevien. "You think you boss me around too?"

I guess I have a pick a side or get caught in the middle.

Mata grins "At least you could pronounce your slave's name correctly I suggest you call me Obsidian if you can't speak the orc tongue."

He walks over and drops the dwarf at sevien's feet.


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used

Xantrius shrugged as he pocketed the knife, both in apology to Amelia and to Sevien's question.

Not too fussy about where I lay my head Sevien. Doubt they'll pull that stunt again any-time soon.

Xantrius chuckled as Obsidian's interaction with Sevien.

Best let him enjoy bossing you around Obsidian. He has just painted a very large target on himself. I'd suggest stabilising them and leaving them in their hammocks. We either get to see Plugg's hypocrisy or watch them get whipped for laziness. Be quick about it and lets get up on deck.


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 0/5

Mata nods to Xantrius and heads quickly up onto the main deck.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

Never bossing you around Obsidian, just making sure he doesn't die and we all get in trouble for it.

Considering our pact, I say I probably painted a target on all of us. But that matters little, we made our point. No one except for Plugg or Scourge will cross us again.

Sevien binds their wounds the best he can then moves up on deck.


Deity

The tall man nods once at Sevien's declaration, then he and the woman quickly make their way up on deck.

A quick inspection reveals Narwhal's rib to be broken but his vitals are okay - he won't be recovering his senses anytime soon.
The burns to Fipps, however, have done severe damage and put him into shock. Sevien quickly stabilises him by cooling him and elevating his legs. He'll live but won't recover today without magical healing.

You all race up on decks, with the last few onlookers. Mister Plugg is staring at the ship’s clock, a macabre brass and copper object depicting worms writhing through whale corpses, which hangs from the mast above the whipping post.
Master Scourge glares at you all as you fall in with the other pirates.

DC 16 Sense Motive:
Scourge's eyes widen slightly in surprise at your presence. His eyes flick past you to the door to the cabin to get below decks. He seems to be expecting more arrivals and shifts uncomfortably as no one else emerges.


When the minute is reached, Plugg turns to the group and casts his eye over you all disdainfully.
"Narwhal an' Fipps apparently be joinin' tonight's entertainment at bloody hour. Cog. Ye be a runner today. Find 'em."
"Rosie, you 'n' the devil worshipper," he gestures at the halfling with the handaxe and at Sevien, "can man th' bilges." He smirks at the halfling who sulks quietly.
"Tilly 'n' Jake." Plugg gestures at the woman Lysandra offered her rum to and the mute half-orc. "Start hauling out th' ropes."
"Badger." The female half-elf has shaved her grey hair into stripes. "Take this one rat catching." He waves dismissively at Aemilia.
"Aretta, Quinn 'n' ye." Plugg points out the big eared graceful woman, your red-headed ally and Lysandra. "Finish repairs on t'other sail."
"Giffer, Jack, Shivikah and pig-head." He points out a female gnome wearing an eye patch, the youth, the tall Mwangi woman and Mata. "Ye be swabbin' th' decks."

Conchobhar - Lookout. Barefoot - Line Work. Ratline - Mainsail Duties. Maheem - Rigging Repair. Sly - Rope work. Fish Face - Upper Rigging Work." The final order is given to Nakon.
Plugg turns to Xantrius. "Ye're cook's mate. Bugger orf."


Sense motive 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Nakon moves to his tasks, performing them easily and keeps his eyes open.

Profession Sailor 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

Sense Motive 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Female Taldane Human Bard (Sea Singer) 1 / Cleric of Besmara 0

Sense Motive:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Speaking more so to Quinn than Aretta, "Looks like I'm with you today.


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used

Xantrius struggled and successfully suppressed a snigger as his hasty plan came to fruition- he'd particularly enjoy watching bloody hour this evening.

He reported to the kitchens and hoped to find Fishguts asleep.


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 0/5

Mata quickly gets to work quickly.

Sense Motive: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (10) - 2 = 8


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

As the day will go on, Sevien will do his best to talk to each one of their party including Sandara.

There is something wrong with the Rum. I can't tell what it is yet but you should join me in prayer to Asmodeus after you are given your cup, I will make sure it doesn't do anything to us further. If you don't want to join me in prayer, then just play along, you won't regret it.

Xantrius:

Whatever is in the rum I will cleanse it with magic later today. We just have to make sure that they don't know what we are doing. Possibly keeping the quartermaster or most likely Plugg and Scourge's attention on you would be useful to make sure I can cleanse your cup and the others. Perhap's one of your stories? You are quite good at that.


Deity

Will update in 20ish hours.


Deity

You get to work quickly and the sun beats down relentlessly on the deck. Fortunately a cool breeze pushes the Wormwood swiftly through the gentle waves. There's little time to enjoy it as you're kept busy at your work.

As the winds rise and fall, shift direction and play about the sails, Nakon climbs from sail to sail, securing and adjusting, tying and knotting, coiling and extending the multitude of ropes that bind and coordinate the sails. From up so high he can see the dim shadows of lands and islands, slivers on the distant horizon, as the Wormwood slowly passes them by. Patches of deep blue and shallow teal water glide under and about the ship, sometimes with murky shapes lurking below the surface. The crew scurry about far below, like rats about the deck, and Nakon can make out their comings and goings. (Nakon - Climb and Perception checks please)

Mata finds himself on hands and knees, crawling about the busy deck, with a block of sandstone, constantly almost being kicked and stepped on. (Str or Con check thanks.) Giffer finds the shade of the sails and scrubs enthusiastically every time Scourge looks at her. Lacking an eye, he does blindside her once and she pays with a lash when he catches her slacking. Shivikeh takes to the work easily, setting a slow but steady pace. She chats occasionally to Jack, who has little opportunity to work on his scrimshaw and gazes a little too long at Aemilia as she vanishes below decks with Badger.

Quinn flashes a smile at Lysandra. "Excellent. Maybe I could get ye t' cover fer me later. I've almost saved enough t' buy back me rapier from the stores 'n' may be payin' Cut-Thoat a visit afore she closes."
Aretta scowls. "Ye c'n bring the whole crew one, while ye're at. Mebbe steal a couple 'n' en' up like Jakes."
Quinn's retort is silenced by the whip nearby. There is only a long tear left on the sail but, while not complex, the sheer size of the sail and the smallness of the stitches makes for tedious work. (Profession:Sailor or Dex check please)

Xantrius makes his way to the galley to find it dim and lacking its cook. The ovens have died down, the goats are nibbling at their cages, from the outside, and the smell of rum fills the room. He can hear noise coming from the storeroom in the corner

Sevien gets little chance to speak to the others as he is led below decks to the bilges. A ladder leads down a trap door from the lower hold. A single filthy lantern dimly illuminates a small cabin, maybe 20' across and 30' long. The stench of rot and sewage assails his nostrils and some foul liquid slushes almost to his knees. On the much shorter halfing, however, the muck oozes around her upper thighs. There's a pump at the other end of the room and six sets of manacles fixed to the crossbeams above. "He knows I hate this job," mutters Rosie, almost swimming to the pump. (Str and Con checks please)

Daytime Ship Actions
Work Diligently: Gain a +4 bonus on any one check for a job’s daily task
Influence: Make normal checks for a job’s daily task and attempt to influence a single NPC
Sneak: Make normal checks for a job’s daily task and briefly explore one area of the ship (the PC can make a single Perception check or other skill check with no chance of detection)
Shop: Take a –2 penalty on all checks for a job’s daily task and visit the quartermaster’s store
Shirk: Take a –2 penalty on all checks for a job’s daily task and take time exploring one area of the ship. The PC can take 10 on a single Perception check or other skill check, but must make a check to avoid being discovered


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used

Xantrius chuckled as he half-expected to find Ambrose in the storeroom. He moved over to investigate.


Female Taldane Human Bard (Sea Singer) 1 / Cleric of Besmara 0
Shipmaster Dave wrote:

Quinn flashes a smile at Lysandra. "Excellent. Maybe I could get ye t' cover fer me later. I've almost saved enough t' buy back me rapier from the stores 'n' may be payin' Cut-Throat a visit afore she closes."

Aretta scowls. "Ye c'n bring the whole crew one, while ye're at. Mebbe steal a couple 'n' en' up like Jakes."
Quinn's retort is silenced by the whip nearby. There is only a long tear left on the sail but, while not complex, the sheer size of the sail and the smallness of the stitches makes for tedious work. (Profession:Sailor or Dex check please)

"Certainly." Lysandra says with a small smile, grateful for a bit of pleasant company. "I have a mind to do like-wise once I am able. Seems that Cut-Throat will likely have a fair number of what used to be my possessions."

Profession (Sailor):1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


"They ain't yours no more. Cut-Throat has everything. She's the ship's quartermaster, but she says everything belongs to the cap'n. She'll sell it to yer for a goin' price. But she ain't the sharpest spear in th' rack an ye can sometimes bring 'er round."


Xantrius opens the door to a cramped, crowded storeroom containing numerous barrels, boxes, and chests. The female half-orc, Cut-Throat Grok, is currently going through chests filled with knives, candles, flasks and even a violin. She looks up as Xantrius opens the door.
"Ye can be stayin' right there. What can I helps ye with?" She straightens up and folds her arms.


Can we take 10 on our duties?


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

Probably should have been the ships cook.. Sevien grumbles back to the halfling.
You know, maybe if we work together taking shifts, it could make this task easier?
He then starts to talk about the merits of working together....
Diplomacy 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

So are we not breaking for lunch? If so I could talk to them then. Going to work dilligently at my task.

STR Chk 1d20 - 1 + 4 ⇒ (11) - 1 + 4 = 14
CON Chk 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 0/5

After Mata's recent issues with Scourge he will work diligently to avoid attention. He will mumble a hello to the other scrubbers when they happen to cross paths but really doesn't have anything to say to them.

If he has a moment where no one can hear or see him he'll try to cast a detect magic and observe if any of the offices are carrying anything magic.

Castng without focus target 20 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Otherwise working diligently:

strength check with +4 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


Deity

(You can take 10 on your duties, and only your duties rolls, if you Work Diligently, Influence or Sneak.
Shop and Shirk you'll have to make rolls for your duties.)

Mata's strength serves him well. Scourge goads and abuses Mata as he passes the half-orc, but unable to find an excuse to whip him moves on to the other swabs as the day goes by.


The halfling glares at Sevien. "Workin' t'gether don't mean I do all yer work. Here, take this. Honestly, I threaten to take 'is hand off an' now 'e 'as it in fer me. Though I noticed ye ain't Mister Popular either. Ye're doin' good thar. Yer shifts'll work once we got it goin'. Must be goin' deeper water or summin'. We pump the water in, ship goes down, pump it out, lighten up. We'll 'ave runners down 'ere every hour or so changing our minds. Keep at it. Cook mighta bin easier. Though Fishguts gets 'is share o' flogging. Sorry, I didn' means ta snap. Just can't relax. This is punishing work. Both senses o' th' word. I didn' even act up yesserday. But 'ere I'm again. #@$&."
Rosie Cusswell gradually lightens up as Sevien chats with her. (Rosie's attitude moved from Indifferent to Friendly)

Rosie possesses incredible strength and helps Sevien with the continual pumping of the water in and out of the bilges. In spite of this help, the work is constant and backbreaking, with no breaks of any kind, and Sevien still finishes the day fatigued.


Little unclear to me what the areas on the ship actually are but I said I was looking for a hiding spot so will translate that to a sneak covering all of the rigging/mast area (extend to upper deck if I can but expect not). Take 10 on other checks provides climb 18, perception 18.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

Sevien ends the day exhausted but fairly sure he has won over another of the crew.
Rosie, you will not regret helping me...if you get into any more trouble with the crew come see me or Xantrius. We look out for those who do the same for us. as he looks down at his blistered hands, angry again at his predicament.

Sevien stumbles up at the end of the day for dinner as early as he can without being whipped and immediately looks for the other members of his "gang".


Female Taldane Human Bard (Sea Singer) 1 / Cleric of Besmara 0
SD Sandara Quinn wrote:
"They ain't yours no more. Cut-Throat has everything. She's the ship's quartermaster, but she says everything belongs to the cap'n. She'll sell it to yer for a goin' price. But she ain't the sharpest spear in th' rack an ye can sometimes bring 'er round."

Lysandra despondently sighs, "No worries, I wasn't under any illusions that my items belonged to me anymore, hell based the past few days I don't even belong to me anymore. Thanks for the heads up about Cut-Throat though."


Deity

Nakon. Upper Rigging Work requires Climb Check and (Sailor or Dex Check), both of which you've now made. The Perception wasn't part of your regular duties, so no taking 10 on that. Apologies for lack of clarity.


Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Bah.


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used
SD Cut-Throat Grok wrote:

Xantrius opens the door to a cramped, crowded storeroom containing numerous barrels, boxes, and chests. The female half-orc, Cut-Throat Grok, is currently going through chests filled with knives, candles, flasks and even a violin. She looks up as Xantrius opens the door.

"Ye can be stayin' right there. What can I helps ye with?" She straightens up and folds her arms.

Xantrius smiled at Grok disarmingly.

Well, for starters i'm wondering where the cook I report to has got himself to. For seconds, you could be so kind as to give me my flags and parchment you agreed to let me have today. Finally, you could sate my curiosity my good woman- what exactly are you looking for? Perhaps I can be of assistance?


Sandara nods at Lysandra. "No problems. 'Tisn't goin' be easy. Thar be few differences 'tween press gang and slave. But differences thar be, an' Besmara smiles on those that make their own fortune. I be thinkin' she's plans for the likes 'f us. Thar anythin' in particular ye be wantin' back? I can promise naught, but I'll keep an eye open."

"Sure, bring us a chest o' gold," sneers Aretta.


Deity

Nakon, the upper rigging and decks seem remarkably free of hiding places. Now that you cast your mind back, the lower hold where you slept did possess dozens of small chests, though you were more concerned with the pirates in your way at the time.


As evening approaches, Master Scourge keeps an eye on Mata. "Don't be fergettin' ye still owe us 't Bloody Hour. Quite the line up t'night."


SD Dave:
1d100 ⇒ 35

"I 'ate th' bilges. All kindsa stuff down 'ere," Rosie mutters as she and Sevien make their way above decks.

251 to 300 of 1,503 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shipmaster Dave's Skull and Shackles 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.