Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Shipmaster Dave's Skull and Shackles

Game Master Pryllin

Skull and Shackles Adventure Path
Part 1 of 6: The Wormwood Mutiny


151 to 200 of 1,503 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Deity

The sip that Lysandra takes reveals it to be powerful rum indeed.

Lysandra:
Thinking back over the day, many of the crew worked diligently and completed their tasks relatively easily and with a minimum of whipping.
Some of the crew took time out to whisper with those they were working with, or near. Sandara, the sour halfling, Cogward and the overdressed gnome, while not friends, are treated similarly by the older crew and looked on with wariness but not the suspicion ascribed to today's six newcomers.
You noticed the purple gnome vanish for a short while into the officer's cabin, then sneak out a few minutes later with an air of satisfaction.
Sandara's absence before she returned Sevien's holy symbol to him also didn't escape your attention, but merely brought her verbal abuse from Plugg for her percieved sloth.
Cogward worked hard and well until he shirked his duty and was caught fighting below decks. Though Narwhal, as the ugly nosed dwarf is called, hadn't been gone too long, so you wonder if the fight may have been a cover for some other activity.

Daytime Ship Actions
Work Diligently: Gain a +4 bonus on any one check for a job’s daily task
Influence: Make normal checks for a job’s daily task and attempt to influence a single NPC
Sneak: Make normal checks for a job’s daily task and briefly explore one area of the ship (the PC can make a single Perception check or other skill check with no chance of detection)
Shop: Take a –2 penalty on all checks for a job’s daily task and visit the quartermaster’s store
Shirk: Take a –2 penalty on all checks for a job’s daily task and take time exploring one area of the ship. The PC can take 10 on a single Perception check or other skill check, but must make a check to avoid being discovered

Plugg doesn't drink, but Scourge does as do the rest of the crew. Some of them even come back for more. Xantrius is also given a rum ration, Grok sizing him up as she does so. As they drink, the crew lighten up and chatter and stories and games begin.

DC 15 Perception:
The woman doing mainsail duties with Nakon, Barefoot Samms Toppin, seems to be enjoying her rum but, while Plugg and Scourge focus on you, she empties it among a tangle of ropes.

Plugg sneers at Sevien's question.
"I wouldn' be trustin' th' likes a ye to be sailin' at night. Drink up, then sleep it off or meet th' crew. As long as ye're on deck at dawn an' ready ta work this time."


Female Taldane Human Bard (Sea Singer) 1 / Cleric of Besmara 0

Perception:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Noting the potency of the rum, Lysandra will neglect to drink the balance of her cup, offering it to one of crew members looking for more of the rum.

SD:
Was the "Daytime Ship Actions" section meant to be only in my spoiler, or as general information for everyone?


Deity

SD:
1d4 ⇒ 2 - Ratline, Tilly, Fipps, Jake

The human female who was lugging ropes around while Lysandra was swabbing the deck, looks quickly over her shoulder at Plugg. "Ye'll be drinkin' yer own or earnin' the lash," she whispers, then hurries away from Lysandra.

Lysandra:
They'll work it out eventually. It's your payoff for the Perception check way back at #89.


Female Taldane Human Bard (Sea Singer) 1 / Cleric of Besmara 0

Lysandra nods in acknowledgement of warning, and looks for a more subtle way to dispose of the rum, thinking to herself Ordinarily a good stiff drink would be just the thing for a day like this...but not until I know more about these people and where I am...


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

Sevien wonders off to their room with his, hoping the other captives will join him. There he sips on it figuring that it would be foolish to poison the entire crew.


Male Half-Orc Wizard 1 - HP 13/13, 0 non-lethal, AC12, CMD16, F+3, R+2, W+3, Prescience 6/6

Just checking, it was not mentioned that I was thrown back in chains, can I assume I had the meal with the others and now been given drink.


Female Human (Chelaxian) Rogue (scout, smuggler) 1

Aemilia looks bored by the keelhauling. Plugg has made such a point of it, he obviously hopes to impress the new recruits, either with his power or with his viciousness. He reminds Aemilia of some young Badawi men who had preened and made empty boasts for Aspexia's benefit in Katapesh, utterly unaware that, even had they intrigued her, her parents would as soon marry their only daughter to a Mwangi salt miner as to a Keleshite nomad, no matter how wealthy. The man is obviously a fool; the captain claims to be short-handed, and yet Plugg chooses to gratify his bloodthirst and kill an able sailor rather than shackle him or break him. Aroden's eye, they could at least keep him in the brig until making port to sell him to slavers and make a few coins off of him.

When the fish stew is served around, she sniffs it and shudders. "Your handiwork?" she asks Xantrius dryly. She manages to choke down a few bites, solely because she hasn't eaten anything since the day before, and that had been only hardtack in the captain's cupboard. At least she could pick around the weevils in that; in this stew, they might well be cooked in with everything else, for all she could distinguish.

"Belowdecks is dark, and it stinks of rotten fish and dirty sailors," she remarks to Sevien when he suggests going back down the stairs. "Go down there a while, and you'll be glad of the lights and the breeze up here." She sniffs at the rum as she did at the stew; this also seems to carry the potential of making her sick, but at least the rum ought to make her feel giddy for a little while first. "We'll see how much of a gentleman you really are when my head is swimming," she smirks at Xantrius.

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used
Xantrius Casmirre wrote:
Has it been assumed that Xantrius was upstairs to receive his rum ration? Didn't know if that post applied to me or not.

Think this was missed from the previous page.


Deity

Like all the others, Mata has been given supper and rum and, while watched, is for the most part left alone.

As Sevien goes to depart the decks, Cut-Throat Grok stops him. "Wait! I is quartermaster," she slurs. "Can' have you taking cups. Not yer property. An' I'm serious 'bout me job. Verry. Responsibility." She sways expectantly.

Those of you partaking of the rum relax considerably and the aches, pains and weariness of the day slide gently from your shoulders. (Effect: +1d4 to Cha, Fatigued 1d8 hours; Damage: 1d3 Con; Addiction: Fortitude DC5)
Those of you seeking an opportunity to dispose of the rum are aware of the eyes around you. (Stealth checks please)

(Xantrius- 4th sentence this page, yes.)


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used

My reading comprehension is terrible at the moment, my apologies.

Xantrius chuckled at Aemilia's question and quipped-

Not my handiwork today, no. Ambrose did all the cooking, my lady. Enjoy... he winked at her. I'm the very vision of a Taldan gentleman, lady Aemilia he managed, with a bow, although her words did indeed have him wondering... He politely declined Sevien's invitation to head down to bed; he figured they would all have time to have a whispered conversation later that night without arousing suspicion.

Xantrius noted Grok sizing him up and he downed his share of rum, eagerly.

1d4 ⇒ 1 Temporary Cha bonus
1d3 ⇒ 2 Temporary Con damage
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 Fort (success)

His head span slightly from the powerful drink and he grinned at Aemilia.

My lady Aemilia, it would be remiss of me not to provide you with some semblance of entertainment aboard the vessel; I hope you will enjoy my comedy.

Oi, listen up! Xantrius shouted coarsely as he climbed up onto a raised section, and decided to keep his jokes and stories simple to begin with, moving on to more complex storytelling and odes as the evening drew on.

Captain Joseph Roberts, he was taking on extra crew in Mediogalti for a voyage past the Eye of Abendego- he was a diligent sort who liked to recruit personally and was sat at a small desk on the quayside at Ilizmagorti. A truer den of villainy and rogues and he had no shortage of cut-throats lined up wanting to sign on. The captain found himself questioning a forty-year old sea cook who had a wooden leg, an eye patch and a hook at the end of his left arm.

“So how did you lose your leg?” he asked the old salt. “We was sailin’ round the Eye in a great swell and I fell overboard. A shark ‘ad me leg before me mates hauled me out of the water!”

“I see”, said Roberts, “and what about your hand?” he pointed to the hook. “”We was attackin’ a merchantman – axes a'chopping, swords a-swingin’ and blow me if one of me own didn’t cut me ‘and off by accident!”

“Well that was unfortunate. Tell me how did you manage to lose an eye?” asked an amused Roberts. “It was a seagull droppin’ that caused that sir”, said the sailor, almost apologetically. “A seagull dropping caused you to lose an eye? That’s amazing!” said the captain.

“Aye, well it was me first day with the hook!” answered the unfortunate man.

With his initial joke told, Xantrius moved on to other performances, in keeping with the pirate theme but occasionally mercilessly mocking "landlubbers". He played up to the crowd, grinning and winking as he span tale after tale, joke after joke. Eventually, once he had the crew hooked, he moved on to deeper stories that took far longer to come to their conclusions; tales of woe, pirate curses and beautiful she-devils that took a man's soul. He controlled his voice to add emphasis and accentuation but in particular, made the tough heroine of his final tale a recently press-ganged Sargavan woman, with a wink directed at Aemilia as he described her.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 Perform (Comedy/Oratory)

Finally, after his last tale, he said somberly-

I have a request, me muckers. Cut-Throat Grok- among my former possessions, there were two flag-poles, with blank flags on them. I humbly ask you, good quartermaster, to deliver them unto me. For as far north as the Lands of the Linnorm Kings and as far south as the godless land of Rahadoum, men have always sought symbols to rally to in times of war and conflict. I wish to emblazon our ship's symbol upon one of those two flags- and i'll gladly carry the banner in lieu of a weapon and spit in the eye of the devil as I do! he finished, hoping to stir up the crew with his passionate speech and put pressure on Grok to give him his flags.


Male Half-Orc Wizard 1 - HP 13/13, 0 non-lethal, AC12, CMD16, F+3, R+2, W+3, Prescience 6/6

Mata eats his food without complaining or talking to anyone. When the rum is handed out he considers the possibility it is drugged and figures they can whip him without tricking him and downs it quickly.

He won't start any conversations and I doubt any of the crew will talk to him and will sit listening to conversation around him.

Perception:1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18
Temp. Cha Bonus:1d4 ⇒ 1
Fatigued:1d8 ⇒ 8 hours
Temp. Con Damage:1d3 ⇒ 1
Fort save:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used

Whoops, forgot the fatigue. 1d8 ⇒ 7


So we're watched to see if we drink our rum ration and can't wander off with it?

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Nakon takes to the fish stew with a vengeance, eating messily. The big man seems to have somewhat of an iron stomache. He seems to have no fondness for the rum though and waits for an opportune moment to dump it out.

Stealth 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

He listens appreciatively to Xantrius' performance, slapping a meaty hand on the deck to show his approval.

But he makes no particular attempts to make conversation, mostly studying the people around, who sits with who, where the officers go and he notes the quarter master's state with interest.

Have we established at this point that Grok has our stuff below? Assume Sevien's symbol was returned in secret? Nakon would have an equivalent somewhere (not listed on character sheet but didn't think I needed one until I looked at components for domain spells).

Nakon's plan is to see how much of the ship's layout he can explore tonight so he will stay on deck waiting for intoxicated people to collapse.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

Sevien stays up on deck a little longer then sipping the horrid stuff...
1d4 ⇒ 3 CHA
1d3 ⇒ 2 CON
1d8 ⇒ 5 FAT
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 Save

When Xantrius speaks to the quartermaster, he speaks up in support An excellent idea, keep the moral of the crew up and strike fear into our enemies! The captain would probably be pleased as well don't you think?
Diplomacy to assist 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

He nods at Xantrius when their eyes meet...


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29 Diplomacy if appropiate, includes assist


Female Taldane Human Bard (Sea Singer) 1 / Cleric of Besmara 0

Lysandra eats her fish stew, more out of hunger from the day exertion than actual desire for the stew's taste. Careful of the earlier warning and noting the constant eyes on her, she reluctantly drinks the rum.

1d4 ⇒ 3 CHA
1d3 ⇒ 1 CON
1d8 ⇒ 5 Fatigue
Save:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Sitting up on deck, she listens to Xantrius's stories, enjoying the distraction from her current fate.


Female Human (Chelaxian) Rogue (scout, smuggler) 1

+1d4 ⇒ 3 Cha & fatigued for 1d8 ⇒ 5 hours; -1d3 ⇒ 1 Con until healed; Fortitude 1d20 ⇒ 3

As Xantrius commands the attention of the crew, Aemilia looks around for Jack and his scrimshaw, sipping the fiery rum. Take 10 on Perception = 15 If she finds him on deck, she takes note of whom he might be sitting with as she moves in his direction, hoping to make another 'friend' on board before retiring for the evening.


Male Half-Orc Wizard 1 - HP 13/13, 0 non-lethal, AC12, CMD16, F+3, R+2, W+3, Prescience 6/6

Having sat and watched everyone for a bit Mata starts to feel fatigued and go to find somewhere to sleep, handing the Quartermaster the cup on the way out.


Deity

Most of you drink your rum, the powerful liquor going straight to your heads. You feel tired but relaxed and the chatter and laughter wraps itself around you like a warm blanket against the cold sea air. Xantrius takes center stage and most of the crew warm to him quickly. Plugg spits and makes his way into Captain Harrigan's cabin, and Scourge scowls and talks low with the fat human and Tam “Narwhal” Tate.


The purple gnome also seems less than impressed with Xantrius, and after Xantrius finishes his first story, the gnome jumps up and bursts into song.

"Ye may 'ave 'eard o' pretty girls,
But Peg weren't one o' them,
More often she was Poxy Pearls,
But still she drew th' men.
She'd bring th' cabin boys to tears,
But that were not 'er gift,
Inside an empty bottle o' beer,
She'd build a perfect ship.
They'd all be wrecked upon th' beach
That every jug would hold,
By selling off each masterpiece,
Was how she'd make 'er gold.
The Percival arrived in port,
Peg went to ply 'er trade,
Th' Cap'n made a rude retort,
The last mistake 'e made,
Th' vessel vanished o'ernight,
With cap'n an' with crew,
O' wreckage, there were not a sight,
She hadn't left a clue.
But Poxy Pearls was run from town,
For in her latest wreck,
The Percival lay with gold aroun',
And corpses on her deck."

He cedes the floor to Xantrius again but as the crew listen wrapt to Xantrius' next story, the gnome wanders off and sulks next to the sour faced halfing with the hand axe, who rolls her eyes and moves elsewhere. He is instead joined by Cogward, who nods at him appreciatively.


Deity

Jack Scrimshaw is sitting with the tall Mwangi woman who was lugging ropes all day. She frowns as Aemilia comes over, but Jack's face lights up and he invites Aemilia to join them. He introduces the Mwangi woman as Shivikah.

Most of the women sit nearby drinking and laughing at Xantrius performance while mostly men sit across the deck, nearer Scourge and his cronies but, laughing and encouraging Xantrius even more.

Nakon quietly dumps his rum behind the aft mast then watches the door to the Captain's cabin and notes most of the officers using it are human. He spies two females, one exotically attractive and the other tanned and tough, as well as a thin, sinewy male who notices Nakon watching but otherwise continues to the officers' quarters.

Several of the crew peel away during Xantrius' entertainment including Mata who makes his way wearily below decks.

Lysandra and Sevien stay and watch the show and are still around when Xantrius calls for the inebriated Cut-Throat to return his flags.

"Store's closed. B'ye ken av'em t'morra." She staggers to her feet and heads below decks herself as the crew cheer behind her.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

Sevien tries to determine what is in the rum that is making him feel so funny...
Heal check with Guidance, 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 1 = 10 but his head is just too fuzzy.

After Xantrius completes his story-telling for the night and everyone starts to disperse. He whispers to him...we should speak below deck ...soon...

In the cabin later:

That was well done.
The crew is now split...with half favoring you and half disliking you for the friends you have made. Tread carefully though, we have already made some good in-roads today with he crew, Sandara favors me now but if Plugg feels threatened by you he will act to rid himself of you.
His chaos speaks for him, he can't control himself and it consumes his every action...he could act at any moment as soon as he perceives a real threat.

He looks around at the others, We should work together...together we can gain back all of our gear...and your weapons. We can then protect ourselves and each other. We must tread carefully for a while but there will be an opportunity...for revenge and freedom. he steps back and a bolt of fire appears in his hand, I am a priest of Asmodeus...death and fire are my weapons and I will rain down both upon those that may harm us!!!!


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used

Xantrius bowed and called for a cheer for the quartermaster, before returning to the deck as he finished basking in the proverbial spotlight.

That we should, that we should...

After Xantrius made the rounds of idle chatter with some of the crew that appeared to have warmed to him, checking on Ambrose in particular, he descended to speak quietly to Sevien.

Later, in the cabin-

Xantrius raised an eyebrow at the man's forwardness as well as the flame in his palm.

Your getting ahead of yourself my good man. I hope your injuries are not troubling you. Why don't we start with introductions eh, before more serious matters? My names Xantrius Casmirre of Cassomir he replied quietly.

Is Sevien Taldane? I ask as he only has Common and Infernal and most ethnicities get another language as well as Taldane. Background seems to imply Varisia so you should put it down as a language :).


Female Human (Chelaxian) Rogue (scout, smuggler) 1

Aemilia barely acknowledges the Mwangi woman and proceeds to pointedly ignore her existence as she chatters animatedly with the scrimshaw carver, laughing at Xantrius' performance and unnecessarily brushing against Jack's hand or leg on several occasions.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

Sevien is Varisian, although from Chelaxian decent. So I guess he would speak Varisian as well.

Of course, of course. I apologize, you haven't been whipped several times already today so I am being a little hasty. My thirst for revenge is already deep. Here I was mentioning caution and I am speaking recklessly.
I am Sevien from Korvosa. I was travelling abroad when I was pressed into service on this ship.
I hope I can rely on each of you for some disgression? Who else do we have here?
he says to the others...


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used

I was actually under the impression this was a quiet (whispered) conversation between just Sevien and Xantrius for the moment (he was looking for a moment to talk to Sevien alone for some time).

Well met, Sevien from Korvosa. Well, Aemilia, the big press-ganged rigger and the dark-haired woman have all agreed to watch out for each other and myself- as well as keep an eye out for a way to improve our lot, at my suggestion... I freely extend this offer to you too, Sevien of Korvosa Xantrius finished with a wink. He paused to contemplate the various opinions the other man had relayed in his abrupt initial statements.

I don't think Plugg can arbitrarily kill me without a significant amount of fuss with such a small crew; provided I don't give him a reason to. I doubt anything more significant than being roughed up will befall me, so long as I am careful. I am already making allies aboard this vessel. I'd keep the death and fire bit quiet until we have the means to act, but suffice to say... I don't plan on staying press-ganged forever. I was actually going to find your holy symbol for you tomorrow at the quartermasters- a sign of good faith, if you will. Do you have any objection to me doing so, should I get a chance? And who is Sandara? I haven't caught that many names yet...


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

Sandara, I don't know her exact role yet but she appears to be the healer on board the ship as far as I can tell. She helped both me and the half-orc who got sent down below with healing. She also got me my symbol back, so I now have a number or powers back under my control. I will find out more about her the next time I talk to her, she is a good person to have on our side.
I had heard about your alliance after I had some similar ideas with the new press-ganged lot. I have no interest in butting heads with you Xantrius, you obviously like take your fate into your own hands, I just want to make sure you are successful in getting out of this situation with the rest of us. An alliance then, until we are both out of this situation?
Don't be too confident with Plugg though...he may just make you disappear, but for the most part I agree with you.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

I think we are pretty much done with our solo conversation if anyone else wants to join us...


Female Human (Chelaxian) Rogue (scout, smuggler) 1

No, no; Xantrius was quite adamant about it being just the two of you pretty, pretty men. Wouldn't dream of intruding. ;P Anyway, afaik, Aemilia is still up on deck snubbing the Mwangi chick.


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used
Sevien the Black wrote:

Sandara, I don't know her exact role yet but she appears to be the healer on board the ship as far as I can tell. She helped both me and the half-orc who got sent down below with healing. She also got me my symbol back, so I now have a number or powers back under my control. I will find out more about her the next time I talk to her, she is a good person to have on our side.

I had heard about your alliance after I had some similar ideas with the new press-ganged lot. I have no interest in butting heads with you Xantrius, you obviously like take your fate into your own hands, I just want to make sure you are successful in getting out of this situation with the rest of us. An alliance then, until we are both out of this situation?
Don't be too confident with Plugg though...he may just make you disappear, but for the most part I agree with you.

Seems strange she would single you out for help, when you've done nothing to win her over. She obviously has her own agenda. Very well, i'll let everyone know you've joined our little scheme... Well, in Aemilia's case I already said he had.

Their quiet conversation finished, Xantrius looked around to see who else was below deck.

Who is around? Mata I believe?


Male Half-Orc Wizard 1 - HP 13/13, 0 non-lethal, AC12, CMD16, F+3, R+2, W+3, Prescience 6/6

Mata is indeed below deck, occasionally he grunts in pain and turns over.


Nakon still above deck waiting to see how much of the area up to the quartermaster he can explore.


Deity

As Aemilia chats with Jack, Shivikah eventually gets up and leaves. Scourge calls her over as she passes, and says something quietly. They both laugh, glancing in Aemilia's direction and Shivikah moves on, grinning.
Jack is rapt with Aemilia, however, answering her questions, listening to her chatter and watching her attentively as he carves away at his ivory.

Map of The Wormwood

Nakon notices that only some of the crew are armed, but apart from the halfling and Crimson Cogward, the majority of those armed tend to associate with Master Scourge.

Nakon:
Your quick exploration atop decks reveals
A1. Foredeck: This raised deck stands some 10 feet above the main deck (area A3), immediately behind the bowsprit, which is shaped like a rearing dragon. The foremast rises 30 feet above this deck.
A2. Poop Deck: This raised deck stands 15 feet above the main deck (area A3). The mizzenmast rises 30 feet above this deck. The ship’s bridge protrudes forward of the mizzenmast, and holds the ship’s wheel. The wheel is 3 feet across and has 10 spokes decorated with silver inlays, its bolts carved to resemble kraken heads. An iron cage hangs from the side of the mizzenmast, containing a body of a pirate. An ugly parrot which has lost more than few of its feathers, perches atop the cage.
Captain Harrigan and Mr. Plugg spend most of their time on this deck. When the captain is on deck, the poop deck is off-limits to everyone but officers.
A3. Main Deck: The ship’s main deck runs between the foredeck and poop deck. The mainmast rises from the center of the deck, extending 60 feet into the air and topped by a crow’s nest. Rigging connects the mainmast to the ship’s other masts. Several strands of thick rope are secured to the foot of the mainmast for use as a whipping post. The ship’s clock, a macabre brass and copper object depicting worms writhing through whale corpses, hangs from the mast above the whipping post. Not only does the clock keep time, but its bell strikes at dawn and dusk to signal the beginning and the end of the workday.
Two 10-foot-square hatches sit in the deck fore and aft of the mainmast. These hatches are thick wooden grilles and open onto the middle hold (area A6) 15 feet below. At the fore of the ship, two doors lead into the officers’ quarters (area A4), while two doors aft lead to the captain’s quarters (area A5). A large wooden box bound in iron sits just beneath the bridge.
A small jolly boat sits on the deck next to the port rail. It has two sets of oars but no mast. Although designed to carry four passengers, the jolly boat could fit six at a push.

Sevien and Zantrius talk quietly in the rear of the lower hold. Mata lies nearby, possibly asleep. Lysandra may also be around somewhere.
A10. Lower Hold and Crew Berths: Sixteen pillars support the deck above this spacious hold. At night, the Wormwood’s common pirates tie their hammocks between the walls and pillars and sleep until dawn. Others have claimed the far forward section of the hold as their own, and hammocks are strung between the foremast and the stairs leading up to the middle hold (area A6). The pillars to the very back around the mizzenmast are mostly free for new hammocks.
A trap door just behind the mainmast opens onto the bilges below (area A11), and has some hammock free space around it. The hold is currently empty of cargo, but several footlockers line the walls. Each member of the crew appears to have a locker, equivalent to a small chest. Maybe 20 of these lockers are in use, while another 2 dozen empty lockers are stacked along the walls.


Sandara Quinn moves easily between the bodies towards you.
"Avast, and welcome aboard," she smiles wryly. "Apart from the holy symbol, I also got a book from ol' Cut-Throat. She doesn't trust 'em. Belong to one o' ye?"


Nice. Gather from what you said before the officers sent through somewhere on the top deck: A5? Nakon's plan is to go looking for the store with the half-orc drunk, is that the middle deck?


Deity

Nakon:
The captain's cabin is under the poop deck (A5) and officers come and go from there across the main deck (A3) to the officers quarters (A4). As the eveing winds down, Quartermaster Grok makes her way unsteadily across the main deck (A3), down the stairs in the officers' quarters (A4), across the pig infested hold (A6) and through the side door beside the far steps (A7).


Female Human (Chelaxian) Rogue (scout, smuggler) 1

After Xantrius has finished his performance and gone below with Sevien, Aemilia keeps talking lightly to Jack, telling stories of growing up with her "sister" Aspexia and some of the places she's visited around Garund, making it all sound as glamorous as possible. When Shivikah moves away, she marks her whispered conversation with Master Scourge. Scooting closer to Jack, she whispers, "Your lady friend, she's a pet of the man with the lash? I'm afraid she's going to look to make things hard on me, and I've no way to defend myself."


Male Half-Orc Wizard 1 - HP 13/13, 0 non-lethal, AC12, CMD16, F+3, R+2, W+3, Prescience 6/6

Mata who fell a sleep trying and failing to over hear the conversation earlier wakes to sound of someone new arriving.

A book, probably my spell book. She might be spy to work out who the mage is, but the officer's should already know that they must have taken my stuff. Probably useless without the rest of my equipment. Mata checks in his trouser leg to see if they grabbed his spare component pouch and purse.

"That would, in all probably, be mine."


"Yours?" Sandara looks to the others, shrugs and hands Mata his book. "No offence, ye jus' didn't strike me as th' reading type."

Mata:
Your hidden pouches are there but, unsurprisingly, you still don't have your arcane bond.


"Shivikah? Nah, she usually avoids Scourge. Besides, she's got no reason ta dislike ye. Ye only jus' got here. Why, she probably wants ta be friends. Like me. Y'see, on a pirate ship, it’s not what ye know but who ye know that helps you get by. Friends help each other out, enemies cause trouble — on a crowded pirate ship, this's essential fer basic survival. An' I don' mind help'n you out, Miss Aemilia."

Jack puts his arm protectively around Aemilia.


Male Half-Orc Wizard 1 - HP 13/13, 0 non-lethal, AC12, CMD16, F+3, R+2, W+3, Prescience 6/6

A look of anger flairs in Mata's face and he start quietly "No offence?". He then notices the offered book and takes it "Oh, thanks". Looking a little embarrassed "Always the way, Humans see Orc and think dumb, Orcs see Human and think weak. Well I'm neither and I'll show them all". Mata opens the book quickly to check it is his spell book and hides under his blanket. He takes a look around the room to see if anyone is watching.


Female Taldane Human Bard (Sea Singer) 1 / Cleric of Besmara 0

Lysandra is indeed in A10

Lysandra finds an empty hammock, laying down and resting while eve's dropping in on any conversations near her.

Perception:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


"Whoa. I couldn't care if ye were a troll or a sphinx. It jus' ain't bright standing up to th' likes o' Plugg and Scourge when they got the officers and the crew behind 'em an' ye got nought. They're gonna make yer life miserable, not 'cause ye're an orc- they's got Jaundice Jake already- but 'cause ye defied them. Trouble 'n misery'll find ye easy enough without ye havin' ta look fer it.
It's everyone fer 'emselves 'ere: ain't no one gonna look out fer ye unless ye're looking out fer them."


Female Human (Chelaxian) Rogue (scout, smuggler) 1
SD Jack Scrimshaw wrote:

"Shivikah? Nah, she usually avoids Scourge. Besides, she's got no reason ta dislike ye. Ye only jus' got here. Why, she probably wants ta be friends. Like me. Y'see, on a pirate ship, it’s not what ye know but who ye know that helps you get by. Friends help each other out, enemies cause trouble — on a crowded pirate ship, this's essential fer basic survival. An' I don' mind help'n you out, Miss Aemilia."

Jack puts his arm protectively around Aemilia.

Aemilia laughs ruefully, letting her head drop onto his shoulder in fatigue. "Well, I guess I'm out of luck, Jack, because I don't know anything about being a sailor and I don't know a soul on this ship ... except you."


Nakon waits til an opportune moment when everyone seems asleep or in their cups and makes his way down to the middle deck, keeping to the line of boxes and examining the doors there. Will see if A,7 and A,8 are locked first then listen.

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Stealth 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17


Male Half-Orc Wizard 1 - HP 13/13, 0 non-lethal, AC12, CMD16, F+3, R+2, W+3, Prescience 6/6

Mata grins, not a pretty sight "I can take a bit of whipping, I've had worse. The more they look at me the better, less time to look at the rest of you. And now I'm broken they'll notice the good things I do. Then perhaps they make a mistake, their last one."


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used

GM, what is Sandara's starting attitude to Xantrius?

And now we have a chance to bring another to our little alliance, Sevien. Xantrius mused quietly to Sevien. Would you be so kind as to heal the Half-Orc's wounds; we could definitely use more muscle.

Xantrius approached Mata, along with Sevien i've assumed he'll come too, retcon if not and introduced himself when an opportunity in the current conversation presented itself.

Forgive me for not having made introductions earlier, but you've been a hard man to reach, in your office below he jested. My name is Xantrius Casmirre of Cassomir. From where do you hail from friend, the Hold? What do I call you? he asked Mata.

His introduction was also extended to Sandara although he was a little blunt with her.

Your clearly looking to help the press-ganged and Sevien here seemed impressed with you. I don't suppose you've got any of my possessions back from Grok, have you? Why do you help? If your seeking friends to watch your back, you've come to the right place he offered with his finest wink and dashing smile.


Male Half-Orc Wizard 1 - HP 13/13, 0 non-lethal, AC12, CMD16, F+3, R+2, W+3, Prescience 6/6

Mata smiles at the reference to the his office. "Hello Xantrius Casmirre from Cassomir. You call me Obsidian and I am of no where, no yet anyway." Turning to Sandara "You should be careful getting possessions back from Grok. While she leaves the store room unlocked she leaves traps in the there, that is how caught Jake."


Mata/Obsidian wrote:
Mata smiles at the reference to the his office. "Hello Xantrius Casmirre from Cassomir. You call me Obsidian and I am of no where, no yet anyway." Turning to Sandara "You should be careful getting possessions back from Grok. While she leaves the store room unlocked she leaves traps in the there, that is how caught Jake."

Not listening, not listening, not listening. Maybe I need to work on a back-up character.


Jack pauses uncertainly, then slides a hand down to Aemilia's breast.

151 to 200 of 1,503 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shipmaster Dave's Skull and Shackles 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.