Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Shipmaster Dave's Skull and Shackles

Game Master Pryllin

Skull and Shackles Adventure Path
Part 1 of 6: The Wormwood Mutiny


101 to 150 of 1,503 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 0/5

sd:
"Sounds to me like you got set up, leaving the stores unlocked and then trapping them. Is that where they put the gear from new 'recruits'?"


Deity

Xantrius:
At Xantrius' nudge, the sleeping man staggers awake and stands up unsteadily. The black cockeral flutters in the air and lands again on his shoulder. He speaks with a thick, barely understandable, Shackles' accent.
"Ah. Ye mus' be th' new cook's matey. I'm Ambrose Kroop. An' this 'ere be Black-'earted Bezebel. Welcome ta me galley. Ya be needin' an'ting atoll ye jes be askin'. It'd not be much fer t'lookin' but e'ert'in' a cook be wantin' y'kin find ab'ut. Ter mornin's fer th' crew's biscuit and we'b gettin' dinner fer t'emal' ab'ut ter day. At'imes there'b' fishin' n' turtlin' t'b'done. 'T'any questions?"

The youth blushes at Aemilia's questions.
"No, ma'am. I don't have a girl. I was just..." He holds up the ivory, the tapered end carved into a long fish tail, the rest curving into an incomplete hourglass figure. "Scrimshaw," he explains. "I'm Jack."

Mata:
"Yeah. That inhuman half-orc b$%#! musta set me up. She's got everything in that tiny store of hers. But she don't give nothin' away. Yeah. You're right. They musta set me up. Pus filled sea urchins!"


Female Human (Chelaxian) Rogue (scout, smuggler) 1

"Aemilia." She darts a glance toward Scourge to make sure he's still looking away before dropping one end of the rope and offering Jack her hand. If he takes it, she lets the clasp linger just a tad longer than strictly necessary for a greeting. With another nervous look over her shoulder at Scourge, she gets back to splicing. "How do you dare to do that on the open deck? Aren't you afraid he'll catch you? You must be terribly brave."


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used
Shipmaster Dave wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

SD:

I see. Your kitchen is indeed well stocked, Ambrose, and I thank you for your kind welcome- well met. I am Xantrius Casmirre and it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance- i'm looking forward to working together. I'm afraid i'm not much of a cook, but I am confident that with such a skilled mentor, i'll get along just fine. Black Hearted Bezebel eh? Hes a fine lad, aye. Ah, I see your a fan of the rum eh? I'll do my best to get you any bottles I see going to waste elsewhere he finished with a friendly wink.

Questions... Well, actually, i'm wondering if I can visit the Quartermaster, is he nearby? In particular, I have some parchment i'd like to recover from my things; so I can write down any recipes you will teach me, Ambrose. Theres a couple of other things I need but the parchment is the important bit. If I can write everything you teach me down, i'm sure I won't make too many mistakes he explained with an easy smile.

That should be about a minute's of interaction by now, check was rolled in my previous post (24 on diplomacy). Now Xantrius is making a request as it seems Ambrose's attitude is indifferent (or higher, after his diplomacy) so i'll make another roll for that-

I need to be able to keep track of people's attitudes to Xantrius so if you could let me know what his attitude is after my diplomacy roll to change it i'd appreciate it. Going to keep a spoiler on my profile for this purpose.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 Diplomacy


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 0/5

SD:
"Mate, that is just not fair, I would have had your back, but I wasn't there. Hey since we are both dead can you give the run down the operation here. It would be nice knowing who killed me and why before I die.


Shipmaster Dave wrote:

After hours of silence, the woman seems surprised when Nakon finally addresses her. "Oh. Ye do speak. I'm Samms. We're headin' out o' Jeopardy Bay. Probably heading out between Widowmaker Isle and Dahak's Teeth to the Fever Sea. From thar, who knows?"

Raiding then? Nakon says a little too eagerly.

Did the whole crew drink from the wrong flagon at the wrong tavern or did you sign on by choice?


Deity

Mata, Nakon and Aemilia - Diplomacy checks please.

Lysandra, Sevien - Str or Con check, your choice. Get +4 to your roll for concentrating on the task.
Aemilia - Dex or Prof(Sailor) check thanks. Your choice.

Xantrius - no check. Your work is done for you.

Update in 20 hours.


Female Taldane Human Bard (Sea Singer) 1 / Cleric of Besmara 0

Con Check:1d20 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 4 = 10


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

I can feel it coming...Con Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 lol

About 3 hours into the work, Sevien collapses from Sun Stroke. Between the whipping, the falling, the climbing, the working and the sun...he passes out on the deck...


Female Human (Chelaxian) Rogue (scout, smuggler) 1

Diplomacy 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Dexterity 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17


Diplomacy 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (9) - 2 = 7

Nakon's attempt at casual conversation comes across a bit creepy. This is going to happen a lot.

From above he looks on calmly as Sevien collapses.

That one will not survive the day it seems..... Yet as weak as he is what if he is meant to form part of my transformation? Deep Ones no! It could not be...

Anyone looking at the big man at this particular moment would see him frown deeply.


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 0/5

Diplomacy 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (20) - 2 = 18
Maybe Mata should talk to people when they can't see him disrespecting them more often.


Deity

Mata:
"Harrigan's the cap'n, but he'n the officers keep to 'emselves. He makes the rules and he don't grubby 'is hands wit' th' likes o' us, 'cept to toss someone to th' sharks fer givin' lip.
Plugg is 'is first mate and 'e's a nasty piece o' work. He’s barely been on board a year, but ye'd think 'e owns th' ship. The apple o' the cap'n’s eye, that one. Harrigan treats 'im like a son — but not a legitimate one, mind. That cutlass o' 'is is magical, see. And 'e wields that cat like it was his own arm. I’ve seen him using both in combat. Despite 'is pettish looks, 'e’s quite some fighter by all accounts. Not that 'e fights th' crew, o' course. He's got Master Scourge toadying 'im fer that. Now, there's a man wot loves 'is work. Ye'll never find a braver soul than Scourge when 'e's got Plugg and an 'is men to 'ide behind. An' they got me. Th' bastards finally got me."
(Attitude shifted 1 step from Indifferent to Friendly)

Nakon:
Samms sniffs at your eagerness. "Maybe half half. Makes no difference now. Better on board than overboard." At a shout from below, she scuttles off across some rigging and starts tugging at sail ropes. (Attitude shifted 1 step from Indifferent to Unfriendly)

Xantrius:
"Stay 'ere." Kroop darts through the closed door into the quarter of the room, and comes back in two minutes with Xantrius' paper, inkpen and ink which he deposits on a nibbled pumpkin. (Add to char sheet)
"Grok's prett' good, b't she takes 'er job as Quart'rmast'r prett' serious like. Though she oft closes up mid arvo 'n we 'as a few. She's good-like ta me. Don't got too many ovvers. Y'see, 'tis poison, th'ship, b't don’ let 'nwone 'ear ye sa'it aloud. Th'hull listens, see, an' th' cap’n 'ears 'tall. Poison th' Wormwood is t'ough, rotten t'th core. Ye’ll n't meet a more nasty, sour piece o' work th'n Cap’n Harrigan 'n all yer days 't'sea, an' 'is crew’s tersame, ’special' th' first mate,
Misser Plugg. Vicious liddle sod, 'e's. 'e’d take 'is own movver’s liver t'th' butcher t' make pies wit', 'e would. B't t'ey leave me 'lone, mostl'. T'ey know I c'n’t ’arm ’em.”

Kroop shakes his head slowly, then describes the job of the cook’s mate, which basically entails helping him prepare meals, and actually acquiring food for meals by fishing on a fairly regular basis. Several people wander in and out during the day, including the red haired woman, who dashes into the Quartermaster's Store soon after midday and dashes off again after several minutes.(Attitude shifted 2 steps from Indifferent to Helpful)

Jack sits a little taller at Aemilia's comments. "He ain't never caught me yet. He ain't too bright, ol' Master Scourge. You do most o' the work, ye avoid most o' the whip. The work's pretty hard, don't get me wrong, but ye can usually squeeze in something else. I even made it down to the quarter master store o' Cut-Throat once and bought me this," he holds up the bronze knife, "from me winnings at cards."
(Attitude shifted 1 step from Indifferent to Friendly)

Lysandra, attentive to her duties, manages to endure the endless scrubbing and mopping and, though tired, is still able to stand by the end of the day.

Sevien, however, collapses to the deck. When Master Scourge notices, CRACK!
Whip 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Damage 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
"Quinn, get 'im back to work."
The red haired woman appears, rushes over and takes out a small kit. She creates water, gives some to Sevien, applies some salts and rouses him. (You are now fatigued)
"Take care. Hope that helps." She drops something into Sevien's pocket and departs. (Return your Holy Symbol to your equipment list. Sandara Quinn's attitude is Helpful.)


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

Sevien barely registers the whipping as he lays there groaning. After Sandara wakes him and realizes what has happened.

Sevien's hand brushes over Sandara's and he whispers, This will not be forgotten...
He waits for a time when no one is around except for Lysandra.
Cure Light Wounds 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 if the fatigue is from the work should the healing remove it like forced march?

@ Lysandra, When the time comes I expect we should be able to change a few things around here...mark my word things will change... Lysandra sees flames dancing in Sevien's eyes as he eyes Plugg walking the opposite direction.


Female Taldane Human Bard (Sea Singer) 1 / Cleric of Besmara 0

@Sevien, "I certainly hope so...I don't know how many days of scrubbing that damned deck I can handle."


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used

GM:

Do you need anything more from Xantrius or is that him done for the day- does he see any opportunity to visit the quartermaster or does she come visit Ambrose? Obviously Xantrius will be looking for an opportunity to win her over too, as well as possibly recover some more gear. If his work's being done for him today, does that give any potential for some more interaction elsewhere?


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 0/5

SD:
A deep chesty laugh busts forth "HAhahaha... I can just imagine Scourge hiding behind Plugg skirts. How come they haven't keelhauled as straight away? What's the point of keeping down here?" Lowering his voice conspiratoriously "I reckon there is a chance, maybe a small one, that the captain might not kill us. Why else would he keep alive? Does the captain have any competition in the crew, someone else who is ambitious?"


Female Human (Chelaxian) Rogue (scout, smuggler) 1
Shipmaster Dave wrote:
Jack sits a little taller at Aemilia's comments. "He ain't never caught me yet. He ain't too bright, ol' Master Scourge. You do most o' the work, ye avoid most o' the whip. The work's pretty hard, don't get me wrong, but ye can usually squeeze in something else. I even made it down to the quarter master store o' Cut-Throat once and bought me this," he holds up the bronze knife, "from me winnings at cards."

"Oh." Aemilia looks disappointed. "I could never buy anything. I don't have any coin ... or anything else, either to swap or to bet." She leans closer to Jack so he can feel her breath as she whispers, "Even these clothes aren't mine."


Deity

Mata:
"Punishments are always done at bloody hour. There's none t' challenge the cap'n."

Xantrius:
Kroop is delighted to have your attention, and shows you round the kitchen while getting you to help him with the meals.(You get no more chances.)

Jack turns bright red at Aemilia's comment and is about to stammer something when Scourge starts shouting at you.

People are constantly moving about the ship, fetching equipment, carrying messages, hauling ropes, even exchanging the occasional joke. Despite your assigned duties, you're often told to help lift and carry, pass or tie ropes, or moved out of someones way. The main way below decks is down the steep steps through the officer's fore cabin. There's apparently another set of stairs in Captain Harrigan's aft cabin, never used by the crew. Anything too large to fit up the stair has to be brought up by the laborious process of opening the main deck hatches and hauling it up from the hold. This process is further complicated by moving and managing both the people on deck and the animals in the hold. Those that are too slow to follow commands, talk back or are caught where they're not meant to be are abused, lashed with a rope or taste the stings of Master Scourge's whip.
Mister Plugg stands atop the aft deck, at the Wormwood's helm much of the time, shouting commands to the runners and Scourge, who is only too happy to boss the crew around.
Occasionally, Captain Harrigan appears on deck and takes the helm and at these times Plugg is constantly by his side.

The weather is fine and the sea is swift and what with the sun, the shouting and the whipping, the day goes remarkably quickly, though your bones ache as they never have before. Eventually, the sun lowers in the sky, the sails are taken down and you drop anchor as the working day ends. The crew assemble on the upper deck, facing towards the main mast, and it occurs to those of you who have been on deck all day that the large rope wrapped around the base of the main mast has yet to be used for anything. The setting sun paints the sky a deep, rich orange and the ship is bathed in red light. Bloody hour is here.


Mister Plugg steps forward and a hush falls over the crew leaving only the sound of waves lapping against the ship's hull.
"As ye know, we got oursel'es a few more crew back in Port Peril. Since today's their first day we'll be giving a couple o' them a warm welcome." He lashes his cat against the main mast inspiring scattered laughter among the crew. It cuts through the dark stained wood to the lighter brown below.
"But don' think I forgot th' rest o' ye. Crimson Cogward, c'mon down."
The Varisian in the blue bandana steps forward and hugs the main mast as best he can. The rope around the main mast is used to tie him into position.
Plugg nods at Master Scourge. "Three."
Scourge grins widely, limbers the whip and swings it down across the Varisian's bare back as Plugg counts.
"One." CRACK! A bright red line appears and the man grunts.
"Two." CRACK! A second line appears below the first, catching a dribble of blood from above.
"Three." CRACK! A third line cuts the first two, splashing the back with red droplets, and Crimson Cogward cries out.
As Crimson is untied and returned to the crew, Plugg announces, "Cogward was caught fighting with Tam Tate. Tate."

The wide burly dwarf steps forward and shucks his shirt to reveal a back white with scars. "I'll 'ave a fourth."
Mister Plugg and Master Scourge are only too happy to oblige. Tate bites his tongue and grunts as the four lashes split his skin. When he's released he rejoins the crew next to Cogward and spits at the human's feet. Cogward smashes Tate with his fist, who merely chuckles as Cogward is dragged back to the mainmast.
"Yer not very bright, ar' ye?" smiles Plugg. Crimson's neck turns bright red as he scowls. Another three lashes leaves his back a bloody mess.

Plugg cracks his knuckles as Crimson is carried back to the crew, away from Tate. "And now, our fairy who thinks 'e can fly." He looks at Sevien.


Female Taldane Human Bard (Sea Singer) 1 / Cleric of Besmara 0

Lysandra looks on, equal parts concern and disgust.


Female Human (Chelaxian) Rogue (scout, smuggler) 1

Aemilia does her best to stay close to Scrimshaw Jack, the only soul on board who even knows her name. The pocket the bronze knife is hidden in is tempting, but at this point a possible ally is more valuable than a hidden weapon; she doesn't have the strength to kill a man in one blow, which is the only one she would get. She winces as the dwarf removes his shirt, even more convinved to do anything necessary to avoid punishment; scars like that would mark her forever as a slave and eliminate any chance of passing herself off as a lady. Her eyes rove over the assembled crew, counting the complement of women among them. Surely they don't strip down a woman in front of the whole ship to give her the lash....

Yet another reason why a coed crew wreaks havoc with the pirate genre.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

Sevien nods his head at Plugg, Of course... he moves to the post he then lowers his shirt.

The scene below is...startling. His back and shoulders are one massive tattoo. A scene, possibly from hell, of a large Devil stands to one side. He holds a parchment, an infernal contract written on Seviens's back. Flames lick the outskirts of the contract. Various devils are pictured in the background kneeling in obvious reverance to the devil holding the contract...

Let your justice be done!

knowledge Religion DC 15:

The Devil appears to be the Scion of Asmodeus.


Female Human (Chelaxian) Rogue (scout, smuggler) 1

Aemilia bites her lip to stifle a surprised laugh. She certainly hadn't been expecting that. If he could bear the long and arduous process that acquiring that tattoo must have been, perhaps this 'artist' wasn't as weak as she had assumed. Having been raised in a good colonial home in Sargava, she knows enough to surmise that he must be from the decadent home country of Cheliax and has enough latent patriotic spirit to look forward to seeing the big Devil on his back struck by the lash. Still, for all that he's skinny, she can't deny that there's something impressive about his casual refusal to quail in the face of being beaten for the third time since morning....


A murmur goes round the crew as Sevien reveals his tattooed back, and some of them even press forward.

SD:
Scourge1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2
Plugg1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Plugg pauses. "He's owed three, from th' cat." Plugg gives his cat-o'-nine-tails to Scourge. Someone in the crowd murmurs something, but Scourge eagerly takes the cat and applies it with vigour.
"One." CRACK!
Cat-o'-nine-tails 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 (nonlethal)
"Two." CRACK.
Cat-o'-nine-tails 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3(nonlethal)
"Three." CRACK.
Cat-o'-nine-tails 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3(nonlethal)

"And for our grand finale... bring up those two from the bilges."

Mata and Jakes Magpie are fetched from below decks and brought before Mister Plugg.


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 0/5

Mata emerge from the steep stairs filthy and dripping water. He tries to shake off the hands of his guards and walk forward proudly.


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used

Xantrius quietly positioned himself to stand near the dark-haired Chelish beauty- one of the press ganged he had not yet had a chance to converse with. While the crowd's attention was on Sevien's tattoo, he took the time to start up a whispered conversation with her-

Aemilia:

I wasn't given a chance to introduce myself to you this morning, my Lady. I am Xantrius Casmirre, of Cassomir.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

Sevien falls unconscious from the power of the blows and lays limp against the mast...


Female Human (Chelaxian) Rogue (scout, smuggler) 1

Does being tied to the mast count as being grappled or pinned as far as how it affects one's AC, I assume? That 8 wouldn't hit if he's just grappled, and if one's pinned, the lash is an auto-hit, barring a fumble, so you might as well just roll damage.
EDIT: Never mind, checked the game thread before seeing the discussion in the OOC. :)

Aemilia glances quickly aside at the whisper to see the young man with the cheekbones and the quick wit who was sent to the kitchens. Cassomir. She doesn't recognize the name, but the way he says it implies it's a place of some importance on the northern continent. With a quick look at Messrs Plugg and Scourge to make sure their attention is still on the Chelaxian tied to the mast, she cautiously sidles a bit closer and whispers back. "Aemilia Fullona, of Eleder." She surreptitiously offers him her fingers at the end of her nearer arm to clasp.


Deity

Mata:
(Having recieved no healing, I have you on 0hp with 2 nonlethal damage- 5nl+4nl-4nl+4nl+4nl+4nl=17nl=12nl+5lethal+7lethal=Ohp. You eventually regained conciousness while in the bilges and having been there for about 10 hours, you have healed 10 points of nonlethal damage.)

Despite the weeping wounds and the axe cut across his back, Mata slowly walks forward with his head held high. The man with him has scraggly black hair, a thin face with a long nose and several days stubble. He blinks in the fading light and looks round nervously but sighs and a smile breaks his features as Mata is brought forward and tied to the mast.

"Six o' the cat," orders Mister Plugg.
Maser Scourge eagerly complies.
"One." CRACK!
Cat-o'-nine-tails 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Mata's body sags under the blow, and Scourge's face is covered in disappointment. He looks to Plugg who looks to the red-head.
"Bring 'im back, we ain't finished."
She scowls and pulls out the ebony holy symbol. "Aye, aye, sir!"
Another wash of positive energy soothes over you all, closing wounds and mending bruises. Cogward, Sevien and Mata awake.
(Heal 2d6 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7hp - applies to lethal and nonlethal)

"Welcome back. TWO!" CRACK!
Cat-o'-nine-tails 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
"Three." CRACK!
Cat-o'-nine-tails 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

"Save th' rest fer t'morrow, Master Scourge. Wake 'im up. 'e'll be wantin' to help with Jake's keelhaulin'."

Jake's eyes go wide and he points at Mata being untied and roused to consciousness. "'e said ye weren't gonna kill us. It ain't fair! I was set up!!"
Jakes struggles desperately but to no avail, screaming and crying as he is bound, hands and feet, to a length of rope passed under the keel of the ship.

"Jakes Magpie. Caught stealin' from the quartermaster's store. I 'earby sentence ye ta be slowly keelhauled."
Plugg and Scourge eagerly take one end of the rope, along with half a dozen more crew. The rest take hold with considerably less relish, but do so, none the less.
"Make some space for th' newcomers. I want 'em ta feel th' way th' rope twitches an' jerks." He waits expectantly.


Female Human (Chelaxian) Rogue (scout, smuggler) 1

Aemilia shrugs and moves to take hold of the rope without much enthusiasm. Her fingers have taken enough punishment from coarse ropes today, but with so many men pulling, she doesn't expect to have to apply much strength to the task.


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 0/5

Before the lashes
Under his shirt Mata has many old scars, they look quite old and not made by anything as precise as a whip.

After the lashes
Mata comes to and looks around.

Oh course they want me to part of this, killing the one person who was nice to me. He was only nice because he didn't know I was a half-orc. But he was still nice to me. They might well kill me if I say anything. He deserves to believe someone stood up for him. If they were going to kill me speaking up is unlikely to change anything, probably will just mean more whipping and that'll make me stronger.

In a weak voice

Orcish:
"Gods help"
and then a slightly stronger one "Did he steal anything? When you caught him had he stolen anything?"


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used
Aemilia Fullona wrote:

Aemilia glances quickly aside at the whisper to see the young man with the cheekbones and the quick wit who was sent to the kitchens. Cassomir. She doesn't recognize the name, but the way he says it implies it's a place of some importance on the northern continent. With a quick look at Messrs Plugg and Scourge to make sure their attention is still on the Chelaxian tied to the mast, she cautiously sidles a bit closer and whispers back. "Aemilia Fullona, of Eleder." She surreptitiously offers him her fingers at the end of her nearer arm to clasp.

Had we met in happier times, i'd offer you a pleasant walk away from this violence. Xantrius whispered softly and a little sadly. He took the offered fingers and squeezed her hand to offer her comfort as the grisly fate before Jakes Magpie was made clear. Before they moved away from each other, he asked her quickly-

The big rigger, the devil-tattooed and the dark-haired woman have already made an agreement to look out for one another and improve our lot together, when we are able. Shall I count you in, Aemilia of Eleder?

Xantrius winced as the Half-Orc spoke up once more and felt sorrow in his heart. He wished he could speak up and aid the stubborn fool, but there was too much to be risked at this stage and too little to gain. Nevertheless, he cast his eyes around for any easily accessible source of wool, if he could just grab a tuft of it from someone's clothing, he had a plan... A desperate plan, but a small chance to potentially save Jakes Magpie.

What is the weather like? Any fog? Clear skies?


Female Human (Chelaxian) Rogue (scout, smuggler) 1
Xantrius Casmirre wrote:

Had we met in happier times, i'd offer you a pleasant walk away from this violence. Xantrius whispered softly and a little sadly. He took the offered fingers and squeezed her hand to offer her comfort as the grisly fate before Jakes Magpie was made clear. Before they moved away from each other, he asked her quickly-

The big rigger, the devil-tattooed and the dark-haired woman have already made an agreement to look out for one another and improve our lot together, when we are able. Shall I count you in, Aemilia of Eleder?

She casts her eyes significantly to where Sevien, his tattoo obscured with blood, has just risen unsteadily to his feet. "Your allies haven't proven very effective in their mutual protection pact thus far," she whispers back. "Still... far be it from me to refuse the advances of a gentleman." Empty words, she thinks bitterly as she moves to the keelhauling rope. The one from Cassomir is in the galley and the brute in the ropes all day; am I to trust in the ability of a woman and a man who cannot even finish his own work to help me? Better to form my own alliances.


Nakon watches the scene impassively but his emotions surge when he sees weakling's tatoos.

Yes.. that one has some part to play. But what, what? Am I to aid him, kill him myself ...

He pays little attention to the whippings, the crack and cry of pain all too familiar, concentrating on the faces around. Absently, he notes funny man and the flower whispering together. The former's plan was clear, he would sing his sweet songs. It was just a question of whether the wrong person heard them before they bore fruit. Either way would help Nakon though, he felt it.

The command to aid in the keelhauling was all too obvious. Bind us in blood. Make us glad it is not us. Teach us to obey.

He moved forward with the others.

Noone commands Nakon, noone! Never again... First the Change. Then ... All he could see in his mind was red.

By this stage I assume I've managed to scrape up a few fish scales, material components for my Touch of the Sea spell.


Deity

Xantrius:
With the bare chests, linen shirts, leather jerkins and tropical weather, wool is actually pretty hard to find. You do remember seeing one or two candles below decks though, but didn't have the time or thought to steal one then. The day has been fine and breezy, few clouds, clear skies, but currently bathed in golden light as the sun sets on the horizon. Not dim light yet. (Perception check for that tuft of wool.)

Nakon:
(Not from the rigging, you haven't. You didn't see anyone fishing today and the decks have actually been swabbed pretty clean.)


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used

GM:

Ok, no need to wait on Xantrius then.

Xantrius sighed, as his plan was clearly not feasible with what he had available. Regretfully, he took the rope along with the others, hovering near Aemilia.


"Thick as thieves, they say."

Mister Plugg lets go the rope and walks up to Mata, looking him directly in the eye.

"Unlike ye, this ain't th' first time Magpie's taken stuff what ain't 'is. But unlike ye, he's proven 'e can be useful aboard a ship. So, ye ken take the rope, or ye ken die in 'is place. But if ye can't follow orders, ye've chosen th' second. Now, take the gods damned rope!"


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 0/5

Mata considers mentioning he didn't take anything but what was given to him, but decides that wouldn't help.

Mata looks across at Jakes Magpie shrugs apologetically and goes and picks up the rope.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

Sevien slowly rises and slips his shirt back over his shoulders. The sting of the whip still there to remind him of what just happened. He doesn't know the man so cares little for his fate. He was destined to die before he came on board.
Sevien steps up behind Aemilia. Although her allure was obvious, Sevien does his best to just nod at her and ignore her womanly charms, preparing to do what needed to be done to the other man.


Deity

Once everyone takes the rope, Mister Plugg does so as well. At his command, the rope is hauled and the pleading, sobbing Jakes Magpie is silenced as he vanishes over the side of the ship and below the gentle waves. Hand over hand the rope is slowly drawn through the crew. The rope almost pulls itself at first, then catches occasionally, until finally it offers some resistance as the dead weight is lifted from the water. The process takes only a minute. What appears on the other side has been cut to shreds and is soon thrown overboard to feed the sharks.


Ambrose Kroop fetches Xantrius and the two of them dish out to the crew the fish stew they've prepared for dinner. Usually referred to as "Fishguts", Ambrose recieves little praise for his concoction. The captain’s cabin girl, “Caulky” Tarroon, collects the officers’ food from the galley and takes it to the captain’s cabin. She takes enough for at least a half dozen. Ambrose then informs Xantrius he's off to bed and staggers unsteadily below decks.


As supper finishes up, there are warm greetings for the female half-orc who appears on deck with a full bucket. The quartermaster, Cut-Throat Grok, has a huge scar across her neck and, from the bucket, doles out half a pint of rum to every member of the crew. You notice Mister Plugg and Master Scourge watching you as you're each awarded your rum ration.


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used

Goodnight Ambrose... Xantrius said softly in farewell to the cook.

Now... How to spend the evening...


Nakon isn't very quick but he is no fool. 'Why do they care if we drink? More drugs? But then its out of the bucket for everyone.'

He takes a mug but fakes a few sips, watching to see what effect the brew has on the rest of the crew.

Do Plugg and Scourge drink?


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

Anyone know where we are supposed to sleep? The room we awoke in? I think I have had enough for one day and am ready to retire before I get the lash again.


Female Taldane Human Bard (Sea Singer) 1 / Cleric of Besmara 0

Lysandra sniffs at the rum ration. Taking note of Nakon's actions, she only takes the most minor of sips until she sees the reaction of the other crew members.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Later...

"Unfortunately, Sevien, I believe we are supposed to stay where we awoke."

Looking around at the other press-ganged crew members, "Other than the obvious injuries Sevien suffered, did any of the rest of you have any unfortunate run-ins with Mister Plugg or Scourge?"


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

Mister Plugg, have you any other duties for us at the moment?

assuming no...

Maybe we should continue this discussion in our estate room, he says sarcastically.

Anyone else wish to join? Since we are stuck on this ship for a while we should get to know each other a little better before you are either whipped or keelhauled to death...

he turns and heads towards the cabin where they awoke.

In the estate room to Lysandra after she joins him, if not he asks her later, I could actually use a little more healing if you have some? I used mine earlier. Seeing this situation I will plan on knowing more until we have a reason for my other magic. Are you a healer of some type?


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used

Has it been assumed that Xantrius was upstairs to receive his rum ration? Didn't know if that post applied to me or not.


Female Taldane Human Bard (Sea Singer) 1 / Cleric of Besmara 0

"Only a trick I picked up in my travels...I wouldn't call myself a healer, but I can help a little." She says casting a curative spell on Sevien.

CLW:1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

101 to 150 of 1,503 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shipmaster Dave's Skull and Shackles 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.