Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Shipmaster Dave's Skull and Shackles

Game Master Pryllin

Skull and Shackles Adventure Path
Part 1 of 6: The Wormwood Mutiny


701 to 750 of 1,501 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

Assume one save at DC 15 for two of the same sources?

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Think thats a success on round 4 whatever the re-roll.

3d2 ⇒ (2, 1, 1) = 4 strength loss

Nakon is stoic about his injuries and manages to heal them himself but is clearly also substantially weakened by the creature's poison.

CLW on myself 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 Hopefully no more battles with the front lines cumulative ability loss.


Deity

Sevien applies pressure above Mata's wound, works out some of the poison and ties it off to great effect.
By the time he reaches Nakon, however, the poison has run its course.

The two powerful crew members have both been weakened by the poison and while they weather it stoicly there is still some sluggishness to their usual sharp movements.

Between you all, you identify the creatures as Reefclaws, oversized crustaceans that tend to feed off anything they can including the occasional fisherman. Neither of them is alive for Xantrius, though he recalls correctly that they do make for good eating and would easily fill a crab pot.

You still have 3 of your 4 crab pots empty.

(For future reference Nakon, MW doesn't apply to weapon damage. Still more than enough to kill it though.)


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 2- HP 16/17, AC15, CMD14, F+2, R+4, W+1, 4/10 BP Used, 3/3 Lvl 1 Spells Used

Didn't MW refer to magic weapon rather than masterwork and thus does apply to damage? Maybe a mix up with masterwork.


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 0/5

Mata turns away from the boat and says "Glad that is over. When do you intend to take over and probably more importantly is there anything I can do to speed it up?"


Xantrius Casmirre wrote:
Didn't MW refer to magic weapon rather than masterwork and thus does apply to damage? Maybe a mix up with masterwork.

Ayup. I'm factoring +1 to hit from masterwork and +1 to hit and damage from magic weapon. No stacking on the to hit. The pegleg is another +1 to aquatic creatures.


We still have pots to fill.

Nakon sets about it.

Swim: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 8 - 2 = 16
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Deity

Filling the crab pots doesn't take much longer, especially with your quick eyes and strong swimming. The Wormwood sits off aways in the water, awaiting your return.

(Understood Dan. Sorry. Brain went away. :-)
(Anything else before you all return?)


Male Human Cleric 2 (FC) HP: 14/19 AC: 17

@ Mata, When the time is right and not before! If we move too quickly we will fail and all die, I don't plan to be a part of that.We are building alliances among the crew, when the tide is clear in our favor we will strike.

Nothing else...we head back.


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 2- HP 16/17, AC15, CMD14, F+2, R+4, W+1, 4/10 BP Used, 3/3 Lvl 1 Spells Used

It is as Sevien says. Frankly, right now we have no idea of the capabilities of the captain. The time is not right and we are not yet ready. Patience. We grow stronger every week. We will need to find the right moment to mutiny, not force it...


Deity

(Were you doing anything with the Reefclaw bodies?)


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 2- HP 16/17, AC15, CMD14, F+2, R+4, W+1, 4/10 BP Used, 3/3 Lvl 1 Spells Used

Xantrius will take them along to give to Ambrose unless someone objects. The fact that this also lets him display them as trophies to any crew he passes is totally irrelevant.


Male Human Bard 3 (Arcane Duellist); HP: 30/30 AC: 15/11/14; Saves: F +3, R +4, W +1; Init: +1; Per: +4

"Did anyone want to try to extract some of the poison from those?" He says pointing at the Reefclaws.
Mata will have a quick look the corpses to see if there is obvious poison glads that could be cut out. Might as well play the wisdom penalty to the max


Male Human Cleric 2 (FC) HP: 14/19 AC: 17

I wouldn't know where to start... he eyes the ship wanting to get back...


Nakon grunts. Here. He quickly and precisely cuts the glands with his razor sharp blade. Assuming.

Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18


Deity

Nakon's blade slices easily through the hard shell, removing the poisonous tips of the claws. Dark patches amongst the white flesh inside the shell indicate where the venom is created and stored. Extracting it and using it would be a delicate operation at best. (There are 4 claw tips. Who, if anyone, is carrying these?)

You all swim back to the Wormwood with the full crab pots and Xantrius bringing the bodies of the Reefclaws. You are met with stares of amazement from some of the crew as you haul your catch on deck. Mister Plugg is talking with Captain Harrigan as you clamber aboard, but stops as you appear.


Harrigan glances across at Xantrius. "Reefclaw? Have it prepared for my supper." Harrigan gestures idly towards Xantrius then strides back towards his cabin. "And return all his equipment."


Plugg's face twists ever so slightly. "Aye, aye, Cap'n."
He turns to all of you. "Right, ye wet blankets. Rest time's over. Get yer lazy arses back t' work. Funny boy, get yer stuff from Grok. Then get yer lazy arses back t'work."


Deity

It isn't long till sundown. Bloody hour is a quick affair consisting of only Jape and Badger. Dinner is served (no crab for the crew) and rum rations doled out.
And the evening stretches before you.


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 0/5

Mata will cancel the mage armour before swimming back. Mata can't help but grin at the the captains complementing of Xantrius. Another target on our heads, oh well.

Mata, feeling weak from his previous activities, he will make his apologies after dinner and head to bed early.


Nakon will take the claws, preserving them as best as he is able.

Nakon is as taciturn as always but seems subdued, apparently unused and not happy at all about his reduced strength.


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 2- HP 16/17, AC15, CMD14, F+2, R+4, W+1, 4/10 BP Used, 3/3 Lvl 1 Spells Used

Smug and feeling a lot more secure with all of his (captain-sanctioned) equipment returned, Xantrius had something of a swagger in his step that evening as he performed for the crew once more. Rather than seeking to improve his own persuasions the next day, he performed simply to keep himself sharp in the crew's mind as an amiable, powerful presence. His performance oozed confidence and charisma as he capered, danced, pranced, orated and joked, all the while brandishing his sawtooth sabre theatrically. The bronze-skinned Taldan seemed particularly keen to engage with Nakon and cheer the big man up.

Perform (Various): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


Deity

Mata heads for bed early, getting some well needed rest. (Heal back 2 Strength and 2 Con overnight)
Xantrius spends the evening entertaining. (+2 circumstance bonus on all Charisma-based skill checks made to interact with any listener among the crew for the next 24 hours)


Nakon watches Xantrius's performance avidly before finding his bed. 2 strength then?


Male Human Cleric 2 (FC) HP: 14/19 AC: 17

Sevien looks on irritated at the braggart when he comes back out with his equipment but without the healers kit he has asked repeatidly for.

He walks off and to the hold, determined to get it himself. Just before he enters Groks den, he whispers a quiet prayer to Asmodeus to help his skills in negotiation. Guidance.

Grok my good friend, you have done us several good turns. Unfortunately Xantrius and I need your help. Mata and Nakon are sick, from the battle getting the captain his supper. I need my healers kit to help treat them. Can you get it for me? We would be in your debt.

hoping enough name dropping might help my roll...diplomacy 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 1 = 10

When Grok tells him to get stuffed, he is even more angry...

LOL!


He could just buy it with the 66gp I gave him.


Male Human Cleric 2 (FC) HP: 14/19 AC: 17

Of course...but he is a twisted, evil SOB and its the point of it!!! :]


Grok looks up as Sevien enters the stores and seems confused by his tale.
"Why not take 'em t' Habbly Quarn? He's the ship's carpenter. And surgeon. Though, truths be told, that be one of the reasons I don't get sick. Last thing I wants is him decidin' me arm or leg should come off. Besides, Cap'n's property an' all. An' I gotta sort all this fer trainin' too. So away with ye."
And Grok shoos him out the stores.

(2 Strength for Nakon too, for sleeping as night time action)


Deity

Day 12

The morning sun bites into the deck and you sense very early that it's going to be another hot day. Scourge's whip chases the last few pirates from the hold and Pluggs gaze drifts contemptuously over you all.
"Runners- Sandara and Cog. Bilges- Lysandra, Tilly and Cusswell." Rosie curses colorfully. "Hauling ropes- Giffer and Badger. Repairs- Arretta and Sevien. Rats- Fipps and Jape. Swabs- Aemilia, Mata, Shivikah and Jack. Mainsail- Ratline and Syl. Lookout- Conchobhar. Line work- Samms. Rigging repair- Maheem. Rope work- Tate. Upper Rigging- Nakon."

Mata - Swab the Decks (DC 10 Strength or Constitution check)
Sevien - Repairs (DC 10 Profession (sailor) or Dexterity check)
Nakon - Upper Rigging Work (DC 10 Climb check and DC 10 Profession (sailor) or Dexterity check)
Xantrius - Fishing (DC 10 Profession (fisherman) or Survival check)


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 0/5

Mata still not quite feeling like himself gets straight to work to avoid the daily lash.

Strength check with +4: 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 4 = 19

After night's rest Con=4, Str=16, HP=8/8, Prescience 5/5 and free slot where mage armour was memorized


Male Human Cleric 2 (FC) HP: 14/19 AC: 17

Repairs dex check...
vs. DC 10 1d20 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 4 = 6


Male Human Cleric 2 (FC) HP: 14/19 AC: 17

Looks like it will be back to the whipping post for Sevien again this evening...


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 2- HP 16/17, AC15, CMD14, F+2, R+4, W+1, 4/10 BP Used, 3/3 Lvl 1 Spells Used

Survival: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (7) - 2 = 5

Optimistically expecting to keep getting better at fishing despite his difficulty with the task, Xantrius returned to the ship with a rather measly haul. Giving Ambrose the insufficient few he had caught, he shrugged in nonchalance.

I'll get the hang of it someday. A whipping for me then... Unpleasant to say the least, but the more in control Plugg and Scourge feel right now the better... They are too stupid to recognise the calm before the storm he confided in his kitchen mentor.


climb: 1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 4 = 16

sailor: 1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 4 = 27


Deity

Although still recovering from the poisons and their injuries of the day before, Mata and Nakon easily conquer their assigned tasks. However, rips and tears are the bane of Xantrius and Sevien. Xantrius hauls up hardly any fish and by the time he figures out there's a hole in his nets and finds it, it's time for him to return to the ship. Sevien was sure he'd spliced the sail back together, but sudden pressure applied to a shallow edge and his work unravels, to the delight of Mister Plugg. Sevien and Xantrius earn themselves an eager flogging by Master Scourge, as does Rosie for breaking a bilge pump and Conchobhar, who foolishly offered to take Rosie's lashes and ended up with his own.
Ambrose presents his usual fish stew, washed down by the rum rations that Grok brings above deck, and the Wormwood settles on the gentle waves for another fine evening.


Male Human Cleric 2 (FC) HP: 14/19 AC: 17

Did we lose Lysandra?


Deity
Sevien the Black wrote:
Did we lose Lysandra?

Yup :-(


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 0/5

Mata eats his dinner with his normal gusto and drinks the rum quickly after it has been purified. Glancing around he doesn't see anything exciting and heads to bed early again.


Male Human Cleric 2 (FC) HP: 14/19 AC: 17

Sevien purifies their rum and heads to sleep himself...after curing both of their wounds...

Cast cure lights wounds Sevien 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Cast cure lights wounds Xantrius 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Nakon does the same, still recovering from poison and somewhat ansy.


Deity

After dinner and your purified rum rations, you all head to bed early, accompanied by a few jeers from the lackeys standing directly beside Plugg.

Day 13

The night is hot and stuffy, but emerging onto the deck as bright sunshine sears down on you brings no relief. Still, you feel better today than you did yesterday, and some more of your wounds have vanished. (Heal back 1 hp and 1 ability point for your rest, or 2 of each if you took no night time action.)

Plugg assigns duties as usual.
"Swabs- Lysandra, Sevien, Sandara and Shivikah. Haulin' Ropes- Aemilia and Rosie. Repairs- Cog and Badger. Runners- Giffer and Tilly. Rat catchers- Jack and Aretta. Bilges- Mata, Fipps and Jape. Mainsail- Conchobhar and Barefoot. Lookout- Mister Plugg's gaze passes over Nakon to rest on "Ratline. Line work- Maheem. Rope work- Syl. Upper Rigging- Tate. Rigging Repair- Nakon."

The day passes slowly, the sun and work causing the time to drag. About mid morning, Rosie, Cog, Sandara and Conchobhar are set adrift in the longboat, with Riaris Crane. Riaris screams abuse at the four while encouraging them to throw grappling hooks and clamber back to the Wormwood. Once they're completely wet and bedraggled, Riaris sends thm back aboard to return to their duties.

Sevien - Swab the Decks (DC 10 Strength or Constitution check)
Mata- Man the Bilges- (DC 12 Strength check and DC10 Constitution check)
Nakon - Line Work (DC 10 Profession (sailor) or Dexterity check and DC 10 Constitution check)
Xantrius- Cooking- (DC 10 Profession (cook) or Intelligence check)


Two nights of decent rest have Nakon back to normal.

When Plugg passes him over for lookout he looks at the man with a somewhat dreamy expression.

For a moment he is struck with the almost overwhelming urge to walk slowly over to the man and plunge his razor sharp knife into his left eyeball. Just the thought gives him such a surge of euphoria he has to stand still to avoid swaying on his feet.

Soon, soon. He has to surpress a giggle.

Aye, Master Plugg.

Sailor: 1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 4 = 27
Con: 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 2 + 4 = 16


Male Human Cleric 2 (FC) HP: 14/19 AC: 17

Swabs the deck...dutifully
con 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 2 + 4 = 22


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 0/5

Mata smiles when he hears his name come up for the bilges then grins broadly when Fipps and Jape are named with him. Three for a two person job, and Fipps and Jape too this might be more fun than I was expecting. Maybe I should slack off so we all get the lash.

Mata moves down to the bilgers quickly to keep away from his follow workers and confident is his ability to sense an attack before it occurs. Once down ther he'll keep to the open side of the pump and works hard.

Strength: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 4 = 22
Constitution: 1d20 - 2 + 4 ⇒ (2) - 2 + 4 = 4

Strength now back at full, Con=6, Hp=9/9


Deity

The days work passes without event. Nakon and Sevien easily cover their chores. Mata throws himself into his work and keeps pace with the others, but ends the day weary and fatigued.
Fipps mutters to Jape as they leave for dinner "Thinks he's pretty good until 'e has to do some real work."

Dinner comes again, more of Ambrose and Xantrius' fish stew, but your hunger easily overcomes the monotonous diet. The crew slurp it down, line up for rum rations and scatter about the dark deck, glad the heat of the day has passed them by.


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 2- HP 16/17, AC15, CMD14, F+2, R+4, W+1, 4/10 BP Used, 3/3 Lvl 1 Spells Used

Int Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Uh oh :D. Ok last assignment is in, i'm freed up to post a lot more for a while.


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 0/5

Mata ignores the comment and climbs back up to the other and wolfs down his food. Feeling fatigued he drinks his purified rum and goes to bed early again.


Deity

You all turn in for another early night, as do many of the crew.

Day 14

As you climb up on deck today, you notice there are fewer pirates than usual. Several are unable to climb out of their hammocks without aid and others are hanging over the railings. Some stand staunchly in line with green faces, but even one of them is forced to dash for the railing. Eyes from every direction stare accusingly at Xantrius, and Mister Plugg's curses ring out across the deck. (Fort save from everyone please. Feel free to count bonuses against poison. :-)


Plugg gestures at Jape and Narwhal, who both seem to be fine. "Get down and drag Fishgut's useless carcass up here, while I explain the penalty fer attempting to poison the officers."

Plugg uncoils his cat-o'-nine-tails as he marches up and down the line of crewmen. "Today we be startin' with a bit of motivation. If'n Cap'n Harrigan don't take kindly to killin' while short o' crew, he certainly don't like losing crew t' the likes o' food poisoning. 'Tis a triple keelhauling fer the ship's cook, and his useless lowlife mate fer attempting to poison the officers.

Plugg comes to a halt in front of Xantrius. "I unnerstand how ye can't even make food, let alone poison, in spite o' two weeks o' learnin', so we're gonna help the lesson stick."
Ambrose Kroop's insensible form is hoisted up on deck and propped up against the ship's mast. Oblivious and unable to stand, Kroop is turned and his arms tied around the mast to keep him upright. His back is obviously no stranger to the lash and looks like tanned leather.
And then Plugg commences the lashings with powerful and energetic swings of his cat-o'-nine-tails.

Master Scourge watches Xantrius and smiles.


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 0/5

con=8

Fort: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19

Do I remember if Jape and Narwhal ate last night and if so did they miss anything else? Int check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

701 to 750 of 1,501 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shipmaster Dave's Skull and Shackles 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.