Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Shipmaster Dave's Skull and Shackles

Game Master Pryllin

Skull and Shackles Adventure Path
Part 1 of 6: The Wormwood Mutiny


601 to 650 of 1,503 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

Strength: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Flex


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used

Strength Test: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 0/5

strength: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


Deity

Xantrius and Jack are at the edge of Mata's darkvision when they cling to each other. As they do so, Mata and Nakon haul hand over hand on the rope attached to Xantrius, dragging him and his cargo through the torrid waters behind the storm-lashed ship. It seems an eternity by the time Xantrius and Jack thud against the hull of the Wormwood, choking on the salt spray and gasping for breath.

SD Dave:
Climb, Jack, Climb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Jack pauses for Xantrius to climb the rope, until he realises it's tied about Xantrius and starts up himself. Despite his bedraggled condition and being battered between the winds and the hull, Jack manages to pull himself up the wet and slippery rope and collapses on the deck of the Wormwood.

(Climb for Xantrius to get up OR Strength for someone else to haul him up.)


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 0/5

Mata heaves on the rope to help Xantrius up.
strength check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


Strength: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Double flex.


Deity

Powerful arms wrench Xantrius free from the churning depths. He almost flies up the side of the Wormwood and a moment later crashes to the deck beside the gasping Jack Scrimshaw.

"I... thanks," shouts Jack over the storm. "I owe you my life."

A chunky pair of boots staggers across the deck and stops above Jack.
"Ye ain't gettin' out o' work that easy, ye useless turd," screams Master Scourge. "Mister Plugg wants th' mainsail turned into the wind afore the mainmast snaps. Hurry up."

Scourge looks about. "And the rest o' ye, ye lazy slackers. Get back t' work." Scourge turns and staggers back through the howling winds towards the first mate and Captain Harrigan.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

Sevien looks at scourge wondering how long it will take to boil the flesh off his bones to create a skeleton...he then wonders how Scourge will enjoy being a Lemur for all of eternity...and then get's back to work.


Deity

You return to the violent tedium and struggle with the Wormwood as it ploughs through waves and is tossed about the seas. A moment later and you're not even sure if Jack Scrimshaw did fall overboard- it seems all you've done forever is to haul ropes and scream messages and fight to stay on your feet.
Ratline falls from the rigging, wakes up when he smashes into the deck and wearily returns back to the yardarm, clutching his arm. Arretta collapses on a coil of rope, before being kicked awake by Scourge's boot, though even his usual viciousness seems half-hearted.

As you get more tired, you barely notice the work becoming easier. Fewer waves cover the deck, more ropes stay tied, you can see further along the deck and you can hear the shouts that aren't beside your ear.
A single star burns in the distance, soon joined by a few more, but all fade as the sky greys and an orange glow seeps up from below a horizon that you had almost forgotten was there. An angry purple wall of clouds retreats across the sky behind the Wormwood while ahead a single lavender cloud is edged with gold as it catches the first rays of the imminent sunrise.

Harrigan hands the ship's wheel over to Plugg and mutters a few words.
"Arright, Master Scourge," shouts Mister Plugg. "Round 'em up. 'S gonna be a long day an' thar be plenty to do."
Meanwhile, Harrigan and the other officers make their way below decks.


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 0/5

Mata stumbled foward exhausted but grinning and slaps Jake on the back and says "We won this round, the storm will think twice before challanging us ah?"I wonder if Scourgie has the energy to whip me if I get just a little out of line... Then speaking loudly "Three cheers for the CREW of the Wormwood, hip hip..." Mata says in an unskilled attempt to build solidarity within the crew. Diplomacy: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0


Deity

Jaundiced Jape whirls and smashes Mata.

Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 nonlethal

A cheer goes up from a couple of pirates as the blow strikes Mata squarely in the face.

(You took 11 lethal damage falling from the rigging leaving you 1 hit point. The 4 nonlethal will knock you out. Not sure if Orcish Ferocity applies since technically hp is still above 0, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt since I've robbed you of an initiative roll :-)


If Mata was helping Jake, the rope how was he back in the rigging, just wondering about positioning.

Nakon stalks toward Jape, flexing his big hands and smiling unpleasantly.

Try me.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

Sevien will walk over and heal Mata as the two of them get ready to fight...

Cure light wounds 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 0/5

Mata stumbles back smiles at Jape. [B]"Good shot."[\b] Then he gives a Jape a big wink for everyone to see and dramatically colapses on the deck making sure to act very poorly. The acting will become real unless Sevien gets to him in time.


Deity

Sevien steps forward and Mata feels his wounds vanish at the touch of the Devil Worshipper. (Gain 4 hp and lose the 4 nonlethal)

Mata topples over theatrically as Nakon steps forward.

Jaundice Jape takes a step away from Nakon, shakes his head firmly once and points at Mata. Fipps, Shivikah and Narwhal approach to back up Jape while Cog strides forward to help Nakon.


There is the cold sound of metal sliding from metal as Mister Plugg draws his cutlass.
"The next whorechild t' swing a fist will lose it. An' I won't be wakin' th' good doctor t' give ye a hook either, but ye'll still be workin'. An' the next one of ye t' open yer mouth'll lose yer tongue. Including ye-" he jabs in the direction of Lysandra and there's a quiet groan from the weary crew.
"Anyone who don't be understanding, speak up or raise yer hand! The rest o' ye get in line. NOW!!"

There's naught but the scuffle of feet as the rest of the crew line up for the day's duties.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

As the group dispurses, Sevien walks by Jape and stops for just a moment, long enough to whisper, Be careful fool, I might take a disliking to you and feed you to my pet! Mata belongs to me and any attack on him is an attack on us... motioning to Nakon...he then continues walking and goes back to his duties.

If given a chance later he stops by Aretta. It was smart of you to stay out of that little tiff. You should be our friend as well, you will not regret it!

diplomacy 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 0/5

Mata stands up and brushes himself off grittibg his teeth to not show the pain. Then grinning at Jape he gets into line. Free wifi on trains (:


Deity

Day 9

Mister Plugg glares at the bedraggled crew, daring anyone else to speak.
"I'll be seein' ye both at bloody hour," he gestures at Mata and Jape.

He then starts rattling off names and duties.
"Badger, Shivika, Lysandra, Sandara- get started on repairs. Giffer, Fipps and Aretta- clear out the bilges. Cog, Jack and Sevien- hauling ropes and knotwork. I want every piece o' hemp accounted fer. Aemilia and Rosie are me runners. Tilly, Mata and Jape are swabbin' the decks.
Conchobhar and Nakon, repair the rigging. Syl- lookout. Maheem- mainsail. Ratline- upper rigging work. Tate- line work. Samms- ropework.
Xantrius- You an' Kroop better have somethin' decent ready fer dinner or I'll be lettin' th' crew send ye under the keel t'be scrapin' barnacles off th' hull."

Mister Plugg returns to the ship's wheel, while Master Scourge tries to hurry the slower crew members with a CRACK! of his whip.

The pleasant cool of the morning and the brisk winds vanish over the course of the day to leave a becalmed ship in stifling heat. Cautious and bordering on exhaustion, the crew work mostly in silence patching cloth, splicing ropes and coaxing what wind they can into the sails.
Sevien conveys his message to Aretta when she appears above decks for some air. She listens to him and shakes her head. "No regrets? I'll believe that when I see it. You ain't the first to try Plugg. Those that did ain't with us no more."
She heads back to the bilges, but without her usual rancour. (Aretta shifted from unfriendly to indifferent)

Lysandra - Repairs (DC 10 Profession (sailor) or Dexterity check)
Mata - Swab the Decks (DC 10 Strength or Constitution check)
Sevien - Hauling Rope and Knot Work- (DC 10 Profession (sailor) or Strength check and DC 10 Constitution check; Influence action taken so cannot Work Diligently for +4)
Nakon - Rigging Repair (DC 10 Climb check and DC 10 Profession (sailor) or Dexterity check)
Xantrius - Turtling (DC 10 Profession (fisherman) or Survival check)

(And yet another separate Constitution check from everyone please.)


Female Taldane Human Bard (Sea Singer) 1 / Cleric of Besmara 0

Profession (Sailor): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used

Will post a catch up tomorrow.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

Sevien tries his best at the knotwork
strength 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
con 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

but does not succeed...


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used

Short post i'm afraid, got 9 minutes left to update today...

Retcon-
Xantrius barely noticed the fistfight break out, as he made a point of seeing to Jack and ensuring that he was ok; trusting that Sevien would handle that particular situation. He reassured Jack to the best of his ability and very loudly at that-

Diplomacy (to reassure?): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

The message was clear to all- Xantrius would look after his own, even at the risk of his own life. He basked in the glory of his rescue for as long as he dared, not wanting to risk another bloody hour.

Day 9-

Constitution: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Survival DC10: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (19) - 2 = 17

Day/Night actions to follow next IC post.


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 0/5

yay for free wifi on trainstation in hk. still away for a week

Mata will. when possible stay close to Jape and occasionally get in his way and talk under his breath in orc but too quietly to understood by Jape and tpo quietly to heard by anyone else and then act inocent if Jape reacts. This game seems to bw all that keeps Mata awake as he works.

strength: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 +/- for action and tiredness


Rolls as usual assuming no take 10.

Climb: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Sailor: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Con: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Nakon navigates the rigging with his usual ease but does have issues with a particularly snarled piece of line. In freeing it he manages a minor tear in the mainsail that then needs patching.

Sorry for delay, seem to be losing dots all over the place.


Deity

Xantrius recieves some strange looks for his rescue of Jack, some of awe and a few of disgust. One or two nod slightly in understanding, though it's difficult to tell whether that will overcome their fear of their officers.
Boosted by his recognition, Xantrius returns with plenty of turtles for dinner, but the fatigue overcomes him as he watches Kroop cook them up for the crew.

Lysandra finishes her repairs with her usual aplomb, but is so fatigued she can barely keep her eyes open by the time bloody hour arrives.Con: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Sevien manages to stay awake but a few of his knots burst apart when tested, one almost sending Scourge toppling to the deck. "Bloody hour!" he snarls at Sevien, throwing the ropes back at the devil worshiper before storming off.

Mata spends the day harassing Jaundice Jape who fumes quietly the whole time, but otherwise seems resigned to the abuse. Con: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Nakon has no trouble moving about the rigging, but the tear in the mainsail draws a litany of abuse from Scourge ending with the words "Bloody Hour". Nakon merely shrugs off the words and the encroaching tiredness and continues his work.

Bloody Hour consists of many of the crew. Mata, Sevien and Nakon are all called forward with only Xantrius and Lysandra escaping the lash from your group. Jack, Jape, Aretta, Rosie and Cog also endure the lash before Sandara channels Besmara's blessing into all of you.

Kroop's meal of baked turtle with sour bread and vegetable broth tastes divine after the brief interlude of ship's biscuit which is all you've eaten over the past two days. Some thanks for the meal is even passed on to Xantrius.
While Sevien calls on Asmodeus to purify your rum, most other crew are only too happy to drink the foul liquid, and the decks quickly empty soon after with most crew only too glad to turn in early for the night.


Nakon endures both his whipping and healing stoicly.

He avoids eating the turtle though, sticking to bread and broth and offers no explanation.

While waiting for his rum he sits on the deck, back against the railing and sharpens his knife. Seeking out Jape's gaze he holds it while continuing to work the whetstone along the blade's fine edge.

stritch, stritch

Intimidate: 1d20 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (17) - 2 + 2 = 17 (bout winner)

Edit: Go charisma check!


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

Sevien stumbles over to Nakon, noticing him staring down jape and whispers, Our time will come soon enough Nakon. And when it does, it will be bloody...and satisfying.

Was Aretta one of the ones in bloody hour? If so Sevien would approach her, if not I will ask to see if Chef has more crabs...


Deity
Shipmaster Dave wrote:
Jack, Jape, Aretta, Rosie and Cog also endure the lash before Sandara channels Besmara's blessing into all of you.

Jape looks round uncertainly when Nakon catches his eye. He gulps and moves back over to join the circle of Plugg's cronies.


Deity

Day 10

A gentle wind blows across the deck of the Wormwood as you emerge from the hold the next morning. The occasional cloud swims through the clear blue sky and the ship tugs gently at the anchor, eager to be away. Mister Plugg addresses the crew from the aft deck, behind the ship's wheel while Master Scourge paces before the crew.

Jack and Crimson are sent to man the bilges. Sevien is assigned rat catching with Sandara Quinn. Mata and Shivikah are assigned rope hauling and knot work.
Aretta and 'badger' find themsleves as runners. Aemilia is assigned repairs with Tilly Bracket and the silent Jape, leaving Lysandra and Rosie to swab the decks with Giffer and Fipps.
In the rigging, Conchobhar is assigned linework, Samms and Ratline do rigging repair and Narwhal gets the position of lookout. Syl does upper rigging work and Maheem does rope work leaving Nakon on the Mainsail.

Xantrius is sent to the galley where he once again finds Kroop reclining on the sack of turnips, with a pitcher of rum in one hand and a dry cup in the other.
"Bi'v'a st'rm yesserday. N't b' seein' th' like o' th't fers while."

Sevien- Rat Catcher (DC 10 Stealth, Survival or Dexterity check)
Lysandra- Swab the Decks (DC 10 Strength or Constitution check)
Mata- Hauling Rope and Knot Work (DC 10 Profession (sailor) or Strength check and DC 10 Constitution check)
Nakon- Mainsail Duties (DC 10 Profession (sailor) or Strength check and DC 10 Constitution check)
Xantrius- Bull Session (The cook’s mate must drink an additional rum ration, but is able to take an additional ship action during the day.)


Female Taldane Human Bard (Sea Singer) 1 / Cleric of Besmara 0

Lysandra works away, scrubing the deck of the ship while making idle conversation with Giffer Tibbs.

"Well at least the damned weather finally broke." she says matter of factly. "How long have you had the 'pleasure' of being in the service of Captain Harrigan and his lot?"

Constitution: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

survival 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
flexes his lack of muscles....


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used

DM sorry for the slowness. Wanted to put a nice fancy post up but i'll just be brief and get it in so i don't fall behind too far.

Day 9 Ship Actions (Retcon)-

In both the day and evening, Xantrius tried to build on his network of allies; attempting to sway both Aretta Bansion and Giffer Tibbs, pointing out that he and his allies were the only thing that kept Jack Scrimshaw alive- and such a fate as being swetp overboard could happen to anyone Besmara turned her gaze on...

Diplomacy (Aretta): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Diplomacy (Giffer): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Day 10 Ship Actions-

Xantrius grinned as he accepted the cup and eagerly partook in some rum drinking.

A "bit" of a storm, Ambrose? You my friend- have a distinct talent for understatements. Wheres Grok? Lets get to drinking...

Fort VS Rum (Failure, becomes addicted to rum again on day 11!): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Bonus Charisma: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Fatigue: 1d8 ⇒ 5
Con Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2

The following assumes Aretta and Giffer are not yet Helpful, please re-assign as appropriate if necessary.

Xantrius continued his charm offensive on his next two targets some time later in the day, a little inebriated but particularly confident with the rum coursing through him.

Diplomacy (Aretta): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Diplomacy (Giffer): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

In the evening, Xantrius decided to perform once more for the crew. He focused on amusing comedy, occasionally mixing in a bumbling character with just enough resemblance to Plugg to make someone wonder if he was mocking him. Xantrius attempted to walk a fine line between mocking the man but not doing so in a blunt enough manner that he could be punished openly for it.

Perform: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


Nakon continues to stare at Jape as he scurries away. He smiles and continues with his sharpening.

Day 10

Sailor: 1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 4 = 14 (hard work)

Con: 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 2 + 4 = 23

He carries out his tasks easily the next day just grunting at Maheem as their duties bring them into contact.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

Sevien watches Xantrius' efforts on Aretta, he had the same idea that day and had planned to make some time out of his schedule to visit with her. He walks over and talks with her as well when Xantrius goes over.
Aretta and I are becoming friends, aren't we? he says to her. Xantrius is the leader of our little group, you should listen to what he has to say, we look out for each other, as I did when I healed you...
diplomacy 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Sevien visits the Bear again if possible with a few crabs and talk with him more about how Sevien and their friends want to make things better on the ship.
diplomacy 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 0/5

Back home, but very tired.

Mata will work hard during the day.
Strength: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 4 = 18
Constitution: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Deity

Having survived the storm, there's now a connection between the crew that wasn't there before. Some trade stories of averted disasters while others boast of their own accomplishments under less than ideal conditions. Given the darkness and fury of the storm, eyewitness reports of Jack's rescue are few and far between, but some crew piece together what they glimpsed or were told, while others dismiss it as more tall tales.

Lysandra eases into the task of swabbing the decks. After a good night's sleep, the chore seems nowhere near as difficult or odious and she easily performs her work while exchanging pleasantries with Giffer.
Giffer talks freely about growing up in Ilizmagorti and her decision to head for Slipcove in the hope of a better life. She made it as far as Hell Harbour before being picked up by "Captain Harrigan and his lot". She smiles and asks for Lysandra's story. (Giffer Tibbs attitude shifted from Indifferent to Friendly)

Sevien's deft work procures more than enough rats. It appears they too suffered during the storm with several nests being rebuilt in dryer locations that Sevien ambushes.

Fatigued and off turtling, Xantrius had had little chance to find Aretta and Giffer the day before. Most crew had turned in straight after dinner, exhausted.
However, the new day brings new opportunity and Xantrius has little trouble tracking the two of them down after a morning drinking with Kroop and Grok. After the horror of the previous two days, Kroop's brutally hard rum with its violent kick had been a welcome relief to Xantrius over the flavourless soup Sevien had been purifying for them.
Xantrius extolls upon Aretta the virtues of being part of a team that aids those in need, that can help with chores and duties, and even save lives in the direst of circumstances. As a cry of "Runner" rings across the decks, Aretta looks back a Xantrius. "Fine. I'm in," she nods, before racing back to her duties. (Aretta Bansion attitude shifted from Indifferent to Helpful)
After working with Lysandra, Giffer Tibbs is far easier to persuade. (Giffer Tibbs attitude shifted from Friendly to Helpful)

Nakon moves gracefully around the mainsail, turning it to catch the wind and feeling the salt spray cool his skin against the hot sun above. Maheem works efficiently, focused on his duties and ignoring Nakon for the most part.

Without Jape to tease and annoy, Mata focuses on his work and manages not to draw Plugg's ire. Strength + Work Diligently: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22 Constitution: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

As Sevien approaches Aretta, she nods to him and responds that she has spoken with Xantrius, and they are indeed all friends now.
Sevien has most problems procuring the very last crab. But a Helpful Kroop finally gives in and hands it over. Owlbear seems nonplussed at Sevien's arrival until Sevien produces the crab. Owlbear dances a merry dance and bites into the creature, shattering its shell and crunching happily away. (Owlbear attitude shifted from Friendly to Helpful)

Bloody hour is almost as empty at sunset as it was full the previous sunset, with only Conchobhar recieving the lash.
While Sandara tends him, Kroop produces the standard fare once more, and the crew eat heartily until Grok arrives with the rum rations. Sevien purifies your drinks once more, and few pirates head belowdecks early tonight, rather staying up to watch Xantrius' performance with much merriment.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

Sevien approaches Xantrius after his performance but waits for the others to leave....
It seems we have both been busy building alliances. This may seem bookish to you but I would like to compare notes and decide who else we want to try and bring over to our side.
From what I have seen a little over half the crew stands with us, but we need a clear advantage before...well, you know.
What do you think Xantrius who should we invite to stand with us?
...he whispers


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 0/5

Mata gives the rooms a scan to make sure there are officers present then he'll go to Grok ask in orcish for two mug of rum and carry them over to Jape

Orcish:
"I'm sorry if we got off on the wrong foot. Take this as an apology."
He says offering the second drink to Jape then turns and raises his mug and gives Grok a wink.


Deity

Jape takes the offered mug of rum and skulls it down in a couple of quick swallows.

SD Dave:
Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Con Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1

He throws the empty mug down at Mata's feet and a mighty cheer goes up from the pirates nearby. Grok looks worriedly at Mata as she is beckoned over by Jape. She fills another 2 mugs of rum and hands them both to Jape.
Someone calls out "Heave!" and more pirates gather round, watching expectantly. Silver changes hands.
Jape waits expectantly for Mata to drink, before offering him another.

(A Fort save thanks for each drink consumed.)


DRINK! DRINK! DRINK!


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

Sevien sniff's in disapproval and then looks on with only mild interest...


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 0/5

Mata smiles at Jape, He knows, of course he knows. He'll be two drinks up on me, almost doesn't seem fair. The downs his rum quickly and reaches out for the next mug.
Cha Bonus: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Fatigued: 1d8 ⇒ 6 hours
Con Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1 current con=14, HP=12
Fort save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 target 5.


Deity

Jape hands one of his two mugs to Mata and waits for him to skull it.
(Another DC 15 Fort save thanks or another 1d3 Con damage)

When Mata has downed the second drink, Jape downs his own in a swift gulp.

SD Dave:
Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Con Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3

Grok then fills another 2 mugs and hands them to Mata.
Jape takes one from Mata as soon as it is offered and downs that also.

SD Dave:
Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Con Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1

He waits patiently for Mata, swaying slightly.


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 0/5

Alternating, ok sounds more fair. Mata pauses for a moment before downs the rum staring at Jape.
Is it a fort save or take con damage? if so I'll use my prescience while I still have a bonus to my fort save. prescience: 1d20 ⇒ 8 4 left

He'll then down the rum quickly before picking up the mugs from Grok and offering one to Jape.

fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 not using prescience roll.
con damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3 Still on con 14?

Mata watches Jape down another two. Smiling he says, "Just starting to get interesting. Now its my turn."

prescience: 1d20 ⇒ 5 3 left

Downing his rum he throws the mug over his shoulder.

fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 not using prescience roll.
con damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2 Still on con 14?

With a little of sway he takes the rum that Jape offers.

prescience: 1d20 ⇒ 2 2 left

fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 not using prescience roll.
con damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2 Still on con 14?


Deity

(Yup, Con still 14 for Mata.)

Jape's eyes narrow as Mata quaffs the offered drink. He downs his own drink as Grok hands another two rums to Mata.

SD Dave:
Fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Con Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2

He then takes a drink from Mata and downs that too.
SD Dave:
Fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Con Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2

His hands mostly steady, Jape takes two more rums from Grok as he waits for Mata.


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 0/5

Grinning Mata speaks in Orcish

orcish:
"You are good at this friend, I hope we don't drink everyone's rations for rest of journey."

Prescience: 1d20 ⇒ 19 1 left

Use prescience roll giving a fort save of 19+2=21

Mata quickly follows the first mug with the secound.

Prescience: 1d20 ⇒ 4 0 left

fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 not using prescience roll.
con damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3 Con=11

Mata hands Jape a mug his hand not particularly steady.


Deity

Jape ignores Mata. He seems to be concentrating as he swallows his own drink.

SD Dave:
Fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Con Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3

Grok hands 2 more drinks to Mata, and Jape reaches determinedly for one of them. Slowly he raises it to his lips and downs it.
SD Dave:
Fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Con Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3

Jape sputters a little. He watches to see if Mata consumes the other held drink before he reaches for another two drinks from Grok, the first of which he pushes towards Mata.


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 0/5

Mata takes the mugs and down them quickly

fort: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7
con damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3 Con=8

fort: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11
con damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3 Con=5

Mata holds back from throwing up before handing Jape the next mug.
Ouch those con damage rolls are hurting.


Deity

Jape quaffs the drink he hasn't given to Mata.

SD Dave:
Fort: 1d20 ⇒ 13
Con Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3

He sways back and forth as he reaches out for the next drink Mata offers him. His second swipe grabs the drink and he struggles to raise it to his lips but eventually succeeds and gulps it down.

SD Dave:
Fort: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
Con Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1

Jape coughs twice and almost retches, but manages to keep the rum down. His eyes are watering and he staggers back a step but doesn't fall. The empty mug drops from his grasp but he straightens up slightly and stupidly grins straight ahead over Mata's left shoulder.

(I won't kill you if your Con drops to 0 or less.)

601 to 650 of 1,503 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shipmaster Dave's Skull and Shackles 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.