Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Shipmaster Dave's Skull and Shackles

Game Master Pryllin

Skull and Shackles Adventure Path
Part 1 of 6: The Wormwood Mutiny


501 to 550 of 1,503 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

Fishguts is coherent enough to bring up the ship's dinner, then grabs some rum rations and disappears below decks. Sevien purifies the rum again and Xantrius notes its lack of flavour.

It's about this time when Mister Plugg and Master Scourge reappear, leading a large man covered in filth and feathers by a chain.
"Who's up for a bit o' sport?" Plugg sneers at you.
"I dare one o' ye to be takin' on my pet 'ere. Bare-knuckle fists or wrestlin'- none o' yer fancy magic tricks."
As one, the crew step back away from your small group.
Plugg snickers and tosses a purse of coins at your feet. "One hundred gold on the owlbear."


Nakon isn't inhuman, the brute obviously pained from the whipping.

But he does not flinch under the scourge. And he walks (more or less) steadiliy away afterward, retrieving his jacke and moving below decks.

Where he casts his own spell, slicing his thumb with his sharp knife and letting the blood drip down his back.

E'ovaka restora michelaka.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Nakon will have your eyeballs, little man. I swear it before the salt and water.

Afterwards he returns to the deck. When Plugg makes his challenge, he smiles despite his recent injuries, taking a half step forward.

Nakon is up for it although he won't ask for healing and I suspect his showing will be poor without.


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used

Retcon-

A mutiny?! Xantrius said in mock surprise with a grin, before leaning in closer to ensure he and the Gnome were not overheard. For now, just protection. But, if the opportunity presents itself... just that my friend. A mutiny.

After chatting amiably with Conchobar for a time, the slightly merry Xantrius visited Lysandra and Cog down in the bilges.

Rats eh? I'll be sure to try and slip a couple into Plugg's next meal if I get half the chance, won't that be grand Lys... he said with a wink. Although he chatted happily with Lysandra he kept an eye open for an opportunity to engage Cog in conversation and get him friendly with him and his.

Cog, wasn't it? he asked the scowling man.

Btw, is there some AP limit on how far we can influence one person in one check? Pretty sure i've only done single steps so far even with really good rolls. If I beat DC by 5, its usually two steps.

Present

Xantrius thought of stepping forward, but hesitated as he saw Nakon do so. He scowled at the purified rum in his hands, quite missing the taste after his enjoyable time with Ambrose before the man had his nap. He did raise an eyebrow at the bet though and asked-

Do you expect us to gamble on credit alone then, Mister Plugg?


Female Taldane Human Bard (Sea Singer) 1 / Cleric of Besmara 0
Xantrius Casmirre wrote:
Rats eh? I'll be sure to try and slip a couple into Plugg's next meal if I get half the chance, won't that be grand Lys... he said with a wink. Although he chatted happily with Lysandra he kept an eye open for an opportunity to engage Cog in conversation and get him friendly with him and his.

Lysandra smiles at the Xantrius and says, "You know damn well that rat stew is too good for that bastard."


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used

Xantrius continued to jest, the rum seeming only to enhance his natural confidence and charm.

This stuff is glorious. Sevien is ruining it each evening...

Not if the rats had been slain with poison i'm thinking... We still got some turtle shell too, now I think about it. Some nice hard bits to wreck his teeth wouldn't go amiss, eh Cog?

Diplomacy to Influence Cog: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 2 = 25

Unless there IS some AP rule or GM ruling, I reckon that should get him to Helpful as the DC's 5 lower than it was for Lysandra. I'm very happy to interact more with Cog when he replies, just wanted the roll out of the way now Xantrius is "drawing him into conversation", so to speak.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

You want him to fight, after he was just whipped almost to death? Why would we want to take this bet. Even if we win you will just punish us...


Retcon-

"Even poisoned rats'd be too good. Jus' pulp 'is face to a bloody smear."
Xantrius easy manner and witty banter lighten the tedious work of rat catching and it isn't long before Lysandra, Cog and Xantrius are trading tales.
"I wanted to fight. Pharasma knows I'm good at it an' there ain't much reward fer it at Port Peril. Figgered piracy was th' way an' joined th' Wormwood. I 'opes we find another ship soon. Can't wait t' be in th' thick of a fight, cutlass swingin' into soft flesh, fists poundin' into faces and the spray of blood on th' deck. Till then, I just been avoidin' work an' collectin' what I can."
(Attitude shifted from Indifferent to Helpful.)


"Well, if'n ye don' got the money..." Plugg reaches towards the purse when another purse lands beside it.

"Don't ye worry, Mister Plugg, sir. I got 'em covered." Sandara Quinn smiles amiably.

Plugg scowls and turns to Sevien. "I ain't forcin' 'im t' fight. I ain't forcin' ye t' bet. And ye've only been flogged fer slackin' an' disobedience. Ye've ne'er been punished fer winning. Ain't that right, Fipps?"

"Yessir," grunts Fipps, scratching at the burn on his belly.

Plugg turns to the crew. "Typical. Ye offer 'em a fair fight an' they whines and wants to wriggle out o' it. Well, ne'er let it be said I ain't generous. Ye ken heal 'im first, but no other o' ye magics."


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used

Retcon-

My, he is quite the violent one. A good man to have on our side when the cutlasses start swinging...

Xantrius nodded in understanding.

I reckon i'll stick close to you if we board anyone, Cog. Sounds like you know the business end of a cutlass to me. You'd be a good man to have on our side if things get ugly around here, if you catch my drift... Look out for us and we'll look out for you eh?

Xantrius then slowly talked about the group he had been gathering into a sub-organisation upon the ship and how it could benefit Cog and he benefit the group. Seeing that the man had a mighty high opinion of his own combat skills, he particularly focused on the fact that the Quartermaster was friendly to him and his and that Sevien's healing made wounds disappear in minutes rather than days. Cog would not want other's "protection" but he would see the value in such things, Xantrius surmised...


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

Are you sure you want to do this Nakon? assumes he agrees...

He give Nakon his tanglefoot bag. If so use this, should help even the odds and slow him down.

Cure Light Wounds 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Male Half-Orc Wizard 1 - HP 13/13, 0 non-lethal, AC12, CMD16, F+3, R+2, W+3, Prescience 6/6

After the lashing I'm still conscience. I'm getting stronger and that idiot with the whip isn't, won't be long now.. When untied from the mast Mata tries the stand tall but quickly learns the folly of this and leaves hunched.

When Plugg makes his offer I'm barely standing and you ask me now? It will make me stronger. Too slow Nakon's stepped forward, but he is in as bad a state as me. Oh well I can still gain from this

Mata looks around for his fellow gamblers from the previous night "Anyone up for a side bet? I'll give you... He looks across at 'owlbear' sizing him up. "I'll give you 1-2 on Owlbear and 6-5 on Nakon" looking back at the spectators. 1-2 means he'll pay out the bet +50% of the bet to the winner and 6-5 is the bet +120% of the bet. If people take him up on the offer Mata will alter the odds if too much money starts coming in on one side so to insure he pockets cash no matter the result.


Deity
Mata/Obsidian wrote:
Mata looks around for his fellow gamblers from the previous night "Anyone up for a side bet? I'll give you... He looks across at 'owlbear' sizing him up. "I'll give you 1-2 on Owlbear and 6-5 on Nakon" looking back at the spectators. 1-2 means he'll pay out the bet +50% of the bet to the winner and 6-5 is the bet +120% of the bet. If people take him up on the offer Mata will alter the odds if too much money starts coming in on one side so to insure he pockets cash no matter the result.

(You're going to be a bookie for a bunch of pirates?!!!?? Gimme a check on that! Profession (gambler), bluff, diplomacy or somesuch! :-)


Male Half-Orc Wizard 1 - HP 13/13, 0 non-lethal, AC12, CMD16, F+3, R+2, W+3, Prescience 6/6

Yip a dump stat isn't a dump stat unless you play it. How about straight intelligence? Or animal handling?


Deity

(I'm tempted for the laugh- but no. All Professions come off Wisdom, and no matter how well you know the numbers, you're gonna have to sell it to a bunch of money grubbin', greedy, cut throats. I'll let you go straight Wisdom instead of Cha for only a -1 penalty, but to have a chance, just roll high. :-)


Male Half-Orc Wizard 1 - HP 13/13, 0 non-lethal, AC12, CMD16, F+3, R+2, W+3, Prescience 6/6

Sure profession gambler it is then 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14 could be worse but I suspect not enough. Remind me when we go a level to get a rank in that skill I think I've more the justified it (:


Deity

A couple of pirates thrust a few gold at Mata, but most look puzzled and start betting among themselves. Conchobhar rolls his eyes, but most betters seem to favour Owlbear and so a few of the slower pirates come to Mata when no one else will take their bets.

Sevien casts his healing on Nakon, and with that most of the crew step back to form a circle around the combatants.

Owlbear sees Lysandra and waves at her. "YOU HAVE CRABS!"
Several of the crew snicker, which seems to please Owlbear and he laughs out loud.
There's a few calls of "Fight!" and Owlbear turns to his right until he sees Nakon, then balls his fists.

Initiative: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2


Sevien the Black wrote:

Are you sure you want to do this Nakon? assumes he agrees...

Nakon just smiles. Win or lose, its time they realise I am no easy meat.

As Owlbear shapes up toward him, Nakon is already springing forward, moving very quickly for a man of his size.

Init 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

He wastes no time with feeling his opponent out, with feints or fancy moves, simply slamming a meaty fist into his opponent's chest right below the heart.

Punch: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 assume a hit provoking an AOO
1d3 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Crit threat! 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Bah! Oh well a hit is a hit.

I assume I don't have armour on? And the Owlbear is unarmored? If so AC 13, if I do AC 17.

If I get an AOO for no unarmed strike with his attack this round.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
1d3 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Male Half-Orc Wizard 1 - HP 13/13, 0 non-lethal, AC12, CMD16, F+3, R+2, W+3, Prescience 6/6

"YEAH! Good shot, give him another now when he's off balance." Mata says and grins accross at Plugg.

I'm not sure if I'm reading the rules right but as I read them to take a AOO you need to threaten and to threaten you need to be armed, so unless one of the two of you has improved unarmed strike neither of you get to make AOOs.


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used

Thats correct.


Yeah I'm basically assuming he has ius. However what I didn't think about at 1:00 am in the morning is (1) he's still flatfooted and (2) I'll never get an AOO (of course). DM can use it for round 2 or I'll roll again.


(Plugg insisted Nakon remove his armour. Owlbear is also unamoured.)

Nakon catches Owlbear off guard and his fist smashes into the big man. Owlbear cries out and swings his own meaty fist up towards Nakon.

Punch: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 (nonlethal)

The blow smashes into Nakon's stomach and winds him, and a cheer goes up from the crowd.

(No Improved Unarmed Strike. No AoO. Always roll again please. See discussion thread.)


Nakon is moving sidewise but the blow still hurts. He grunts but turns that into a smile, moving in close to jab at his opponent's ribs.

It is clear that the fight is not going to last long one way or the other.

Punch 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
1d3 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Thats got to be close. Edit: looking again at his init modifier I guess it is. Think this is going to be who falls over first.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

Knock him out Nakon! Sevien cheers from the sideline...


Owlbear falls back under another powerful blow from Nakon. There's a moan from the crowd, though also a cheer or two. Mister Plugg tosses a club from Owlbear's left to his feet, and Owlbear looks down at the clunk, then picks up and hefts the club in his right hand.

DC 10 Perception:
Owlbear did not actually see the club thrown from his left hand side. He heard it land.

The club makes a low whooshing sound as it cuts the air, then Owlbear swings it at Nakon.

Club: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 (lethal)

While powerful, the swing is slow and telegraphed.


Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 + 2 if on deck counting as natural environment

DM:

Just! So he can't see out his left eye or was it just outside his peripheral vision? Not sure if it makes any mechanical difference but I'll take a step sidewise and stay on his left and see what that does.

Nakon leans back from the club swing. He half reaches toward his vest pocket with his left hand but stops half way.

No. I'll beat him weapon and all. I want Plugg to fear what is coming.

Circling to the Owlbear's left, he throws a powerful roundhouse with his left hand that collides hard with his opponents' cheek just as his club comes up...

Punch: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
1d3 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

A hit at least just have to hope for another miss on the AOO or I think I go down first.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

BTW, when he picked up the club he provoked...so you should get an AOO on him when he picked it up.


(AoO)
Club: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 (lethal)

Owlbear swings the club to keep Nakon at bay, but has trouble seeing his target and Nakon has a chance to dodge under it. The crowd gasps. Nakon's roundhouse spins Owlbear back into the crowd who catch him and stand him up again. Several cheer, a few shout, the deck is a cacophony of noise.

Owlbear shakes his head to clear it and looks across at Nakon, his face bruised and cut and his lower lip trembling. He slowly shakes his head at Nakon and tries to back away, the club hanging forgotten from his fingers. But the crowd doesn't part for him and a couple of hands thrust him back towards Nakon. He looks around miserably, but does nothing.


Deity
Sevien the Black wrote:
BTW, when he picked up the club he provoked...so you should get an AOO on him when he picked it up.

(No weapon, no threaten, no AoO.)


OK assuming hanging forgotten means not ready to hit me if I punch him again. If not I will change my action.

Nakon stalks toward his beaten opponent, still staying on his left. Dunno if its doing anything but going with it.

He speaks, half to the Owlbear and half to the assembled crew. A kind man would stop the fight, maybe shake your hand.... I am not a kind man.

His fist smashes into his opponent's face.

Punch: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 ah crap I was just trying to knock him out
1d3 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Confirm crit? 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 double crap
1d3 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used

Xantrius winced in sympathy. He could not but feel sorry for Nakon's opponent.

Is this event in lieu of our night time action btw?


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

Oh yeah, this is unarmed, untrained combat :)

Sevien smirks as Nakon smashes the man's face in but says little else, figuring their point has been made and doesn't want to incur Scourge's wrath more than they already will.

He looks to see if the man is still breathing... take a 10 on heal check for a total of a 16.


31 hp non-lethal, only damage over 0hp becomes lethal so he may still live. Interesting to see if officer instigated fights lead to keelhauling...Oh and I've officially used up my supply of 20s for this game.


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used

Its alright i'm playing a buffer/face. I'll lend you some of mine, heavens knows i've had enough...


...grabs and runs...


Deity

Coming from Owlbear's left, the great man doesn't see Nakon's fist until it is far too late. (No AoO) By the time Owlbear brings the club up to defend himself he is airborne, and a moment later hits the deck of the Wormwood with a sickening CRACK! Cheers and laughter erupt from some of the pirates, while others look on in horror or stunned amazement.
(Nakon gains a +2 circumstance bonus on all future checks (Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate, or Perform) to influence the NPCs on the ship for the remainder of the adventure.)

Sevien glances across at Owlbear. In spite of the beating he has taken, Owlbear is fine, albeit unconcious. A feather floats past his nose and settles on the deck.

Sandara steps forward, and picks up the two purses of gold.
"Better luck next time, Mister Plugg, sir," she smiles.
She pockets her purse and tosses the other to Nakon. (100gp)

Mister Plugg scowls and kicks at the fallen Owlbear. When there's no response he orders Master Scourge and Maheem to drag him off and chain him back up below.

Various pirates surround Mata, aiming to get their money. Once they're finished Mata is left with
Gold: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Silver: 1d10 ⇒ 2
Copper: 2d8 ⇒ (1, 8) = 9

The crew disperse and you all have the evening free to do things.


Nakon smiles at Plugg as his opponent falls, enjoying the fearful reactions of that portion of the crew and paying no more attention to the fallen Owlbear.

He takes the purse from Sandara with a nod.

Later he divides out 25gp, pocketing it, leaving the purse with 75gp. He seeks out Xantrius in quiet spot.

Here, Funnyman, take it. When Plugg decides it is time to be rid of us he will come for me first. As it should be. You should be ready.

Nakon will attempt to buy back the rest of his equipment tomorrow.


Male Half-Orc Wizard 1 - HP 13/13, 0 non-lethal, AC12, CMD16, F+3, R+2, W+3, Prescience 6/6

Mata quickly counts the money. Less than I've lost over the last two nights but that not important, they won't be able to complain where I got the money for a weapon now.


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used

Xantrius took the coin with a grateful bow and shrugged.

It depends if he considers the lone warrior more of a threat than someone that can bring the crew to bear against him, Nakon. Either way- you have my thanks. We'll watch each other's backs. I am bringing more to our alliance every day.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

We are still in the same night where I was influencing Arietta after the healing. If I can work on another I do.

As the fight ends he happens to make sure he is standing next to Tilly Brackett. What do you think Tilly, did you bet on our man? You should you know. he whispers, Scourge and Plugg continue to try and turn the crew against us, but it's not working. Before they know it, they will be treading lightly. Anyways, onto lighter topics if you ever need healing come to me. No charge I will help, especially if you end up on the wrong side of the whip. I have seen my fair share of it already you know.
He tries to chat with her for a while, trying to slowly manipulate her to our side...
diplomacy 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


"I must admit, I be surprised by yer pet. I's sure Owlbear would take 'im, but the bear hardly touched yer fella. He darted in from the side quick an' savage like. Quite the shark. I lost some drinkin' money fer that mistake, fer sure. I'll be considering yer offer, but let me warn ye now, those what cross Plugg end up dead — stabbed, poisoned, throttled, thrown overboard. Take yer pick, they always end up dead. He has friends everywhere, high and low." She takes a swig of rum and heads back for more.
(Attitude shifted from Indifferent to Friendly.)


Like the avatar for Tilly.

Unusually, Nakon carries on the conversation with Xantrius rather than his normal grunt and walk away.

I've made him look stupid. Soon his concern will turn to whether he looks weak and that feeling will grow day by day. Just as your seeds will steadily fruit. He'll seek to make an example. It should be you or Devilman if he were clever but instead it will be me. But I am not easy to kill. And then I shall have him.

He seems unused to talking so much in one go.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

Sevien will just remind you to leave enough of him so that he can make a skeleton or Zombie out of him later....


Deity

Day 6

Everyone turns as you clamber onto the deck. Some show fear and contempt, others awe and admiration. Nakon, having previously avoided scrutiny, feels eyes on him from all directions. Master Scourge scowls but Mister Plugg goes about business as usual, business being shouting and giving orders.

"Quinn, Sevien- Rat catching! Cusswell, Aemilia- Hauling ropes and knotwork! Cogward, Shivekah, Bansion and Fipps- Swab the decks! Tibbs and Brackett- Runners! Scrimshaw, Badger and Mata- Repairs! Jape and Lysandra- Man the bilges!
Samms and Tate- Mainsail! Shortstone- Linework! Rattsberger- Rope work! Maheem- Upper rigging! Syl- Rigging repair! Nakon- Lookout!"

"Fatso!" He jabs Xantrius in the ribs. "Tell Kroop the Cap'n's havin' a special occasion t'night an' wants a pig slaughtered fer dinner! Get to work, slackers! It don't be doin' itself!"

When Xantrius reaches the galley, he finds no sign of Kroop. A fearful look in Kroop's quarters discovers him insensible on the floor with a mostly empty flagon of rum. All attempts to rouse him fail.

Atop decks, small clouds scud across the sky, and a fine breeze billows the sails. The Wormwood chops across the waves, skittering like a stone across a lake. Once or twice, Captain Barnabas Harrigan strolls out of his cabin and up on the aft deck to take the wheel.

Sevien- Rat Catcher- (DC 10 Stealth, Survival or Dexterity check)
Mata- Repairs- (DC 10 Profession (sailor) or Dexterity check)
Lysandra- Man the Bilges- (DC 12 Strength check and DC10 Constitution check)
Nakon- Lookout- (DC 10 Climb check and DC 10 Perception check)
Special Occasion (Kroop drunk)- (DC 15 Profession (cook) or Intelligence check)
(Don't forget bonuses and penalties for daytime actions.)


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

Sevien spends his time catching rats, trying to avoid the whip.
Survival 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 4 = 10


Female Taldane Human Bard (Sea Singer) 1 / Cleric of Besmara 0

Lysandra is barely able to contain her expression of disgust as she heads down toward the bilges with Jape.

"Sounds like we 'drew' the short straw today, eh?" she says to Jaundiced Jape.

Once down in the bilges, Lysandra does her best to get to know the surley half-orc.

"So how long have you been part of the crew, and if I may ask were did you volunteer or were you volun-told?"

Strength DC12: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8
Constitution DC10: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Diplomacy for Jape: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Well looks like Lys is catching some lashes assuming Jape doesn't beat her to death first...


Nakon is pleased at lookout, climbing easily to the top of the mast and surveying the green-blue ocean with confident eyes.

It can't be long now, tonight perhaps.

Climb: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 8 - 2 = 12
Perception: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 8 - 2 = 15

Applied - 2 for shop.


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used

Sorry been quite ill...

Retcon- Day 5 Night Time Action-

Xantrius built on the success of his recent surge in popularity with much of the crew by entertaining again that evening- inviting Conchobhar up on stage with him for a duet and friendly banter.

He focused on comedy, in particular re-enacting and making humorous additions to Nakon and the Owlbear's brawl via dance, he himself taking on the role of Nakon. Later on in the evening he moved on to oratory, spinning a tale about a glorious boarding action in which a brave band of ten men captured a mighty frigate.

Xantrius' performance was good, but up to his usual standard. He had other things on his mind; in particular, Plugg's next move.

Perform Check: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 2 = 17

I'll post my day 6 actions tomorrow I expect, not much time left tonight.


Male Half-Orc Wizard 1 - HP 13/13, 0 non-lethal, AC12, CMD16, F+3, R+2, W+3, Prescience 6/6

GM:
For repairs will you allow a craft (ship) roll?

Mata looks across and at Badger and grunts "Hello, I'm not great at this I hope I don't get you the lash."

Mata will keep an eye on Plugg and when hasgone to see the captain will say to Badger "I'll be right back." and slips down to see Grok.

GM:
I'm assuming my cultural influences for Mata were only for his tribe as I haven't read any of the setting book. Grok may or may not understand them. Fill free to ask me about them

Mata smiles when he finds Grok and slips easily into speaking orc

Orc:
"Grok, when I was volunteered all MY stuff was taken. I don't mind about most of it it is just stuff and I can steal it from other ships, but my manhood was taken. It was my father's before it was mine and I want it back. What do you want for it?"


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

That night Sevien will attempt to "wander" off and find Owlbear, keeping an extra helping of food with him. If he finds him he will check on his condition.
Take a 10 on a heal check.

He plan is to interact with the dim witted fool and try to win him over to our side with healing and other things such as the food. Let me know if I find him and will add a more substancial post.


Deity

Xantrius and Conchobhar's performance the night before is well recieved, but the audience is distracted and mutter and look around for Nakon throughout the show. Still, there are nods for them both as they head off to their work today.

Sevien hardly finds any rats, let alone catching any. The few sightings he has they scamper through small holes, or disappear behind crates or among the pig cages. By the middle of the afternoon he is almost resigned to another whipping when he finds a nest of them, and over the next hour just manages to make his quota.

Jape looks at Lysandra with surprise when she addresses him and glares at her. He stalks off down to the bilges without a word and begins to work the pump with his muscled frame.

SD Dave:
Strength: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
At her continued questioning, he clenches his fist and makes an odd snarling noise at her.

Nakon makes his way down from the lookout several times to report shoals, reefs, distant shores or deep waters, and on one such occasion he makes his way to the shop before returning to the crow's nest. Grok is pleased to see him, and gladly returns all his equipment for a modest sum. (Diplomacy check please)

Likewise, Mata trips below decks to visit Cut-throat and meets with similar warmth. (Diplomacy check please)

Mata:
(No. Not these kinds of repairs, sorry.)

501 to 550 of 1,503 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shipmaster Dave's Skull and Shackles 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.