Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Sheik Voodoo's Katapesh Nights

Game Master voodoo chili

From the City of Bazaars to the City of Brass.


3,551 to 3,600 of 6,565 << first < prev | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | next > last >>

Karethas ibn Faradin wrote:
hmmm..I may have been drinking tonight, but I thought there was a door in this room.

there is a locked metal vault door at the north end of the upper room, but it would not be easy to bypass. of course you could always have your elemental scout it out.

Aurichalcum coasts down the shaft to the room below. He finds a similarly sized chamber below with a corridor leading north, but blocked after twenty feet by an old portcullis. The floor beneath him is covered by a layer of charred bones.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Auri flies back up, careful not to touch anything!

"All bones and a blocked passage down there"


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37/ 33 NL| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Terran:
"We would like to see what is on the other side of the door. Would you please go through and see if you can open the door from the other side?


The small rock figure bows and enters the stone wall as if entering a still pool of water. Several moments later it emerges and bows again. It produces sounds like metal under stress as its crystal eyes flicker.

Terran:
I sorry. No know door. Room hold only dead mortals.


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37/ 33 NL| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

" It says that there are only dead bodies beyond the door. Try the interdict seal on it, and if that doesn't work, let's go down and try to get through that passage."


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 56/61; AC25/28; FF17/20; T16; F+8, R+9, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +5)

Then we must go down. These fire people came from something and were probably defending something, it is now time to see what.

Auri, lead the way.

Kzrira ties the rope off and begins to rappel down into the well. I assume Amir will follow then the others.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Auri jumps in to whatever role he needs to...


A rope can easily be secured to the posts holding the gong. Once the rope is set, Kzrira starts down behind the dragonette. everyone heading down?


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 56/61; AC25/28; FF17/20; T16; F+8, R+9, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +5)

How much time has passed? Is the Bull Strength still in effect?


Male Elf Bard - 6

I will simply jump down the well, not feeling confident enough at climbing with the rope. I slowly float to the bottom of the well, due to my faithful ring.


Kzrira Maiwith wrote:
How much time has passed? Is the Bull Strength still in effect?

say that it's been 2 minutes.

Flying, floating, and rappelling everyone makes their way to the lower chamber. Horrifyingly, you find the floor beneath your feet covered in charred bones. The only exit is a corridor to the north that is barred by an ancient portcullis. It is strange to find that guttering torches still illuminate the passage.

As you move toward the portcullis, you notice that the ash is still hot beneath your feet and the blackened bones begin to smolder. Several skeletons pull themselves from the piles and suddenly ignite in dancing flames.

Initiative rolls:

Auri 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Amir 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Karethas 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Faelar 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Kzrira 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Burning bones 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Round 1
Auri
Karethas
Faelar
Kzrira
Amir
Burning bones

map


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 56/61; AC25/28; FF17/20; T16; F+8, R+9, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +5)

Oh great, more fire monsters. Karethas? Faelar? You know anything about these things?

As usual, Kzrira takes out her bow and begins firing.

Attack-Rapid Fire @ H6: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 <-- vs Flat Footed hopefully
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Attack-Rapid Fire @ H6: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 <-- @ H8 if H6 goes down.
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

R1

AC24

Auri flits to the side, getting up in the face of the one nearest...

5' flap

Full defense, +6AC

If they are already burning, hitting them with a burning stinger is probably redundant, and trying to sleep poison a skelebones seems a bit silly...


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37/ 33 NL| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Karethas looks down to examine the warm ash until he notices the skeletons rising to surround the group. Before he really registers it, a glob of acid is appearing in his hand, he tosses it at the skeleton, hoping to create a gap to put the group between himself and the remaining burning skeletons. "I don't know...I never studied the undead."

ACID DART (2 of 7/day) 30ft Ranged Touch Attack at the Skeleton in E-5:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 Damage:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 Acid Damage. If the skeleton goes down, then he will "take cover"....cower...in C-5.Otherwise he will move to C-8.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 56/61; AC25/28; FF17/20; T16; F+8, R+9, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +5)
Karethas ibn Faradin wrote:


If the skeleton goes down, then he will "take cover"....cower...in C-5.Otherwise he will move to C-8.

Yeh - I decided to shoot the skeletons near you casters rather than next to me for a reason.


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37/ 33 NL| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)
Kzrira Maiwith wrote:
Karethas ibn Faradin wrote:


If the skeleton goes down, then he will "take cover"....cower...in C-5.Otherwise he will move to C-8.

Yeh - I decided to shoot the skeletons near you casters rather than next to me for a reason.

And I appreciated it. It's just that I looked at it and the north wall would have seemed the most protected to Karethas. It is well established that he believes it is everyone else's job to get hurt.


The shiny pseudodragon flitters about presenting a tempting yet elusive target as Karethas flings acid on the nearest flaming skeleton and retreats to the portcullis. The acid hisses and pops in the fire as it eats away bone.

Faelar and Amir up.


Male Elf Bard - 6

I step towards one of the flaming skeletons and attempt to thrust my Rapier into its flames.

5 foot step to F, 9.
Rapier Attack : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Knowledge (Religion) : 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32


Amir's been gone awhile...

Amir and Faelar step up, side by side. The supernatural heat of the burning forms hits them like a wall and neither manages to land a blow though Amir's off hand mace skitters off scorched mail.

Kzrira lets a round of arrows fly at one set of blackened bones and it explodes in a gout of flame. The others move in.

Falear is immediately beset by two flaming skeletons attacking with battered scimitars and burning claws. Only one claw gets through leaving a blistering gash, but the fire burns Faelar savagely.
Faelar- 6 slashing + 3 fire and additional 5 fire aura

Amir is hit by both jagged scimitar and claw, but somehow unaffected by the flames. 3 and 3 hp slash Kzrira also suffers a horrid gash from a scimitar, but is warded from the flames. Kzrira- 6 hp slash

Round 2
Auri
Karethas
Faelar
Kzrira
Amir
Burning bones

map


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4
Sheik Voodoo wrote:
Amir's been gone awhile...

Auri is too small to have eaten him

Auri maintains his distracting (and highly defensive) shennanigans.


Faelar:
These are mindless, animated skeletons, but cursed to eternally burn. Anyone near them is scarred by the flames as well as when damaged by their ancient broken weapons and boney claws. Their bones resist any harm except blunt force trauma and even when destroyed, they reassemble to continue their eternal punishment. They can only be truly destroyed by holy positive energy.


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37/ 33 NL| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Seeing Faelar's burns, Karethas pulls another scroll from his case as he moves up behind him. He reads the incantations off the scroll and lightly touches Faelar's back. "Now they will not burn you."

Move to E8 and cast Resist Energy (fire) from a scroll. It will last 40 minutes.
I was wondering about Amir as well.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 56/61; AC25/28; FF17/20; T16; F+8, R+9, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +5)

Amir has the fire resistant stone of some sort from the Efreet doesn't he?

You already cast it on me I think.

Faelar, you have one of those uplifting songs about burning skeletons?
Seeing the flaming bard, Kzrira steps back to E8 and continues firing.

Attack-Rapid Shot @ G8: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Damage:1d8 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Attack-Rapid Shot @ E6: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Damage:1d8 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37/ 33 NL| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Everyone but me now has some fire resistance.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 56/61; AC25/28; FF17/20; T16; F+8, R+9, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +5)

Then stay back, I am trying to eliminate the ones around Faelar right now, and the one by me so that I do not get boxed in and draw AoO on the attacks.


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

Sorry for the absence, I had the work-home-illness-holiday quadruple threat the last few days.

Amir will interdict himself on a skeleton that is either threatening Kzrira or Faelar. (Or me if I can't maneuver around them)
MW Shortsword. Damage: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 131d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
+1 L Mace. Damage: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 81d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Male Elf Bard - 6

"Oh, thank-you for that Karethas. Well these skeletons have been cursed to burn for eternity and the only way to stop them is with Holy energy."

I draw my wand from my belt, drop my Rapier and attempt to touch the wand against one of the Skeletons.

Wand Attack : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Cure Light Wounds (Via Wand) : 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Hit Points : 11 / 25


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 56/61; AC25/28; FF17/20; T16; F+8, R+9, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +5)

If they can get back up, hit the ones on the ground with your wand. I can take the others down.


Kzrira- Karethas already moved to K-8 so you've kinda got nowhere to go again. I could scoot Auri and move you into his spot, but you'll leave Karethas open for a charge.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 56/61; AC25/28; FF17/20; T16; F+8, R+9, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +5)

If I can move into Auri's space since he is Tiny, then I will move there. Otherwise, I will just eat another AoO and fire at the one next to me twice if the first shot does not take it down. If the first shot hits it, then do my actions as posted.


Aurichalcum keeps flitting around as Karethas moves to the center of the group to ward Faelar from further flames. With a quick thanks, the bard pulls out his wand and with a word strikes the skeleton with radiant light. The dead bones seem to shudder with pain and then shatters as it is hit with Kzrira's arrow.

Her next shot knocks aside a couple mending ribs from another skeleton, but the skeletons are undeterred as Amir continues to frantically flail about. He suffers the indignity of another painful cut form the broken scimitar for his efforts. Amir-6 slash. The wounded skeleton closes in on Karethas. The young wizard dodges its attacks, but its mere proximity brings burns to his skin. Karethas- 5 fire

Round 3
Auri
Karethas
Faelar
Kzrira
Amir
Burning bones

map


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

R5

Auri loops around the west wall and comes to the dead skeleton, he then taps Faelar wiuth a healing energy

CLW 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 56/61; AC25/28; FF17/20; T16; F+8, R+9, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +5)

What hurts these things?

Kzrira dances back against the wall and continues to reduce the number of arrows she is carrying.

Attack @ E7: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Attack @ F10:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Kzrira smiles as her aim seems a little more true this time.


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37/ 33 NL| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Karethas will delay until after Amir and hope by that time a way has cleared for him to get out of the melee and all the stabby and burny things.


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

Open up on D10

MW S Sword, Damage: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 241d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
+1 L Mace, Damage: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 201d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 56/61; AC25/28; FF17/20; T16; F+8, R+9, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +5)

You forgot the crit check on the short sword.


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

I totally didnt but it didnt save?!? Grrr.

Crit!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 101d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

What crap! When I did it earlier it WAS WAY Better. Grrr. stupid boards....Seriously though paizo I love you...


Amir- i'd take your word for it though anything less than max damage wasn't going to bring it down. just need Faelar.


Male Elf Bard - 6

Realising that Kzrira asked for me additional courage and combat prowess, I begin to sing another battle chant.

Hit Points : 20 / 25


Aurichalcum flits over to Faelar soothing his burns with healing power as the bard begins another power ballad. Kzrira continues to loose arrows right and left and the skeleton near Karethas explodes spraying his with fire as he waits for an opening. He rushes back to the portcullis as Amir crushes a skull with his mace and the bones combust leaving him singed.
Karethas-3 fire, Amir-1 fire. Ref DC 11 for half

The last skeleton dances in red flames and jams a battered scimitar yet still dangerous enough scimitar into Faelar's side. Faelar- 6 slashing.

Round 4
Auri
Faelar
Kzrira
Karethas
Amir
Burning bones


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37/ 33 NL| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

REF SAVE: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10(1 Base, +2 Dex, +1 Cloak)
HP: 18/26
Also, Amir don't forget you have Bull Strength cast on you, so +2 to hit and damage


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 56/61; AC25/28; FF17/20; T16; F+8, R+9, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +5)

Back away from the last one, don't let it explode next to you.

Kzrira will delay hoping that the others move away before firing two more arrows at the last skeleton.

Attack-rapid shot: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Attack-rapid shot: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

While not as clean as her previous shots, these once again strike home.
Hope that is enough to take it down.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Pending results


Kzrira is just short of bringing it down. anyone to assist?


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 56/61; AC25/28; FF17/20; T16; F+8, R+9, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +5)

Trying to avoid metagaming. I tried to get someone to tell her to use blunt arrows, but nobody mentioned it. They would have sped things up nicely.


Amir-
MW S Sword, Damage: 1d1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 151d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
+1 L Mace, Damage: 1d1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 181d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Round 4 mop up.

Faelar and Auri step back as Kzrira quickly lets a pair of arrows loose into the last cursed skeleton. Ribs and a shoulder shatter allowing Amir to leap forward and crush its skull with a blow from the blessed mace. It explodes, but Amir is protected from the flames.

end of combat


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 56/61; AC25/28; FF17/20; T16; F+8, R+9, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +5)

Kzrira nocks another arrow and watches wary of any more bones deciding this would be a good time to stand up and attack someone.

Well, that did not go so bad, but we need to make sure you more easily damaged types are behind. Also, please try to not box me in, if I am standing next to someone when I fire, it is easy for them to get a retaliatory strike in. I am practicing to use my bow to deflect these blows and avoid taking the hits, but it is not easy.

Kzrira look to the door to the north. So, this appears to be our way. Who knows what we will meet next, but considering the twisted and evil nature of what we have met to this point, I rather doubt that whatever it is will be easy.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

"Those were nasty" Auri looks about for the most likely exits, including any potentially hidden ones.

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


Aurichalcum circles the room sniffing and peering along the walls for any hidden doors, but the only exit is through the portcullis.

3,551 to 3,600 of 6,565 << first < prev | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Sheik Voodoo's Katapesh Nights All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.