Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Sheik Voodoo's Katapesh Nights

Game Master voodoo chili

From the City of Bazaars to the City of Brass.


3,501 to 3,550 of 6,417 << first < prev | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | next > last >>

Male Elf Bard - 6

Not really having anything that I want to purchase, I just remain while everyone is rushing around shopping, finishing off this part of my book.

Once everyone has gathered together ready to explore the church I pack away my writing utensils and tome. I rise ready for the journey ahead of us, "Let us seek out Halruun, shall we?"


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Do we know anything about what this Halruun is? If the priests of Abadar and Sarenrae locked it away behind a magical door, it must be evil and powerful.


Male Elf Bard - 6

"Garavel said that Halruun was a priest of Sarenrae before he was corrupted by power. So I agree that he will be evil and powerful, but it should not be too difficult to defeat him."


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

"A man or a genii?"


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

If he has been locked in that temple for twenty years, he is no man. At least not any more.


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 [ooc]Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

Can you stack the effects of oil on weapons? Can I get one to make the sword magic and another to make it "good"? regardless I will buy the magic weapon one.

A man of sufficient training and power could live anywhere for twenty years and still be a "man". Nonetheless I think we should not trivialize his power. I cannot say I share Faelar's confidence. I mean to acquire and oil to make my blade magical and I suggest we all look into methods of enhancing ourselves with magic. We have already seen what something like a genie can do and despite our excellent running skills I think this Halruun will not likely let us go.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

"I can only do what I can do with what I have, spell and tail..."


Amir Awad Hajjir wrote:
Can you stack the effects of oil on weapons? Can I get one to make the sword magic and another to make it "good"? regardless I will buy the magic weapon one.

I guess, but I may have to bring back the potion miscibility table ; )

Are we ready to push on? Karethas can always just tell me what he got in retrospective.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

I was hatched ready!


The next morning you make final preparations and return to the ruined church. The weather is cool and clear as you pass once again through the opened central courtyard and the weathered skeletons of the fallen priests and chitin armored guards.

Soon you reach the heavy metal plate with a glowing interdict seal of Abadar inscribed on it. Amir places the small golden key token to it and the wall fades and disappears leaving the way forward clear.

Stairs lead down into warm, stale air. Soon you enter a round chamber with a vault door on the opposite side. In the center of the room is a ten foot diameter circle of mortar stone that surrounds an open pit. Next to the well is a small pedestal with a gong and striker dangling from it.


Male Elf Bard - 6

I don't think I need to buy anything.

My eyes widen as the door disappears, obviously impressed. Once we get into the room I go to call out but look at Kzrira and realise she wouldn't like that much, so I hold my tongue.

I do however go over to the striker, pick it up and strike the gong with it, before placing the striker down again.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Kzrira simply cringes at the bard's impulsive actions. When she sees hom reach for the gong, she immediately takes a cold iron arrow from her sheathe and strings it in her bow, prepared to fire at whatever may appear. She chooses the cold iron arrow due to the number of fey and daemons that they have faced to this point.

DM VooDoo - did the merchant have the cold iron arrows that were ordered before they left the monastery?


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 [ooc]Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

For now Amir will carry his sword, with the oil in his other hand, ready to unstopper it and pour it on the blade. Looking about anxiously as Faelar strikes the gong.


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

I am back the from the wedding and honeymoon, and other than a nasty headcold at the end, everything was splendid! I will update my memorized spells currently. Otherwise, Karethas has spent the time the others were running around to learn Resist Energy from the spellbook we looted. He will have also have created 2 scrolls of Resist Energy. During the full day we had, he will have memorized Identify and identified the 4 "Magical Substances" from the lab under the shrine, and the 3 gems from the boat.
take 10 on all the checks.

SPELLCRAFT CHECK:10 + 11 + 10 = 31(4 rank, +3 class skill, +4 Int, +10 from Identify)

Prior to going down the stairs, Karethas casts Mage Armor on himself and Bull Strength from the wand onto Amir and Kzrira. "Move quickly, these spells will only last a few minutes."


Karethas ibn Faradin wrote:

Prior to going down the stairs, Karethas casts Mage Armor on himself and Bull Strength from the wand onto Amir and Kzrira. "Move quickly, these spells will only last a few minutes."

Faelar is only too happy to comply as he impulsively strikes the gong. The sound reverberates loudly throughout the round room before another sound is heard, a grinding noise from the well. As you watch, the floor of the well, about thirty feet below slides slowly to the side.

Beyond the false bottom of the well, you see only darkness and then a spark. It grows larger and suddenly the well roars with flames which quickly recede leaving behind two burning forms. They look like angelic winged men made of pink fire.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Kzrira looks at Karethas and Faelar: What from Hell are those?


Whether servants of Hell or Sarenrae's wrath, they don't appear friendly.

Initiative rolls:

Auri 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Amir 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Karethas 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Faelar 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Kzrira 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Hot hot heat 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Round 1
Kzrira
Karethas
Auri
Faelar
avenging angels
Amir


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Kzrira sighs and then draws in her breath as she draws back her bow and begins to fire (1 cold iron arrow and one normal):

Attack-rapid shot-CI: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 10 - 2 = 9 <-- -1 to att & damage if > 30'
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Attack-rapid shot-norm: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 10 - 2 = 28
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Crit-confirm: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 10 - 2 = 21
Damage: 2d8 + 14 ⇒ (7, 8) + 14 = 29


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Knowledge: Planes 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Auri watches them come up, a little transfixed still...


As the creatures rise from the pit, Kzrira starts firing. Her first arrow drops into the well as she fumbles it, but the next strikes a flaming outsider directly in the face, if it had a face. Instead the flames gutter and cool, but no vitals are struck.

Auri sends out a message that although the creatures resemble denizens of the outer planes, they are in fact merely fire elementals.


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Karethas fumbles with several scrolls in a case at his belt. He finally produces the appropriate scroll and reads the incantations out loud. He pats Amir firmly on the shoulder and says "This scroll was to be for whatever Halruun has become, but this may be a better use. Their burns will not hurt you so much now my friend."

Resist Energy: Resist Fire 10 on Amir as our faithful tank for 40 minutes.
KNOWLEDGE PLANES CHECK:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31(4 rank, +3 class skill, +4 Int)for any additional helpful info on the elementals.

Edit: Having NOW read the discussion thread, the Resist Energy will instead go on Kzrira since she has already hit them and they will be likely to retaliate.

Qadira

Male Human Desk Monkey 2/ Logistics Guru 3/ Over-educated 2/Gamer 6

Waiting for elemental fury...then we will see what I can do...


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Bah - stupid critical resistant elementals. Was really nice damage though.


Karethas recalls that fire elementals are creatures of living fire and can ignite their victims in addition to delivering painful burns. As they are creatures of heat, they are particularly vulnerable to cold.

Auri and Faelar up.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Auri whistles and chirps, a soft glow covers the party...

Cast Bless - Each ally gains a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects


Male Elf Bard - 6

I take a few steps back at the sight of the large flaming figures and begin to sing a battle chant to increase our odds of survival.

Inspire Courage +1
Perform (Sing) : 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Knowledge (Planes) : 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22


With a crackling roar, the burning angels rush upon the party. Kzrira and Amir duck beneath the scimitar shaped flames that slash at them bolstered by Faelar's rousing battle chant.

map.

Amir
Round 2
Kzrira
Karethas
Auri
Faelar
flame on


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Kzrira steps back and fires two more arrows at the fire monsters.

Keep going guys, we can take these torches.

5-foot step to I6, attack G7

Attack-rapid shot: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 1 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 1 = 11

Attack-rapid shot: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 1 = 12
Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 1 = 16


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Karethas takes a step away from Krira and behind Amir, trying to stay away from the flaming guardians. He raises his hands in a familiar invocation, rings of arcane symbols appearing encircling his hands and the floor around his feet.

5' Step away from melee.
Full Round action to Summon Monster II. I will use Genie Caller trait and the Spellight Bracers to extend the duration of the summons to 14 rounds or 12 rounds (your call VooDoo on whether the trait's addition is done first or item's the multiplication). Hopefully it will last into the BBEG fight too.


Kzrira keeps firing into the flaming angel as it follows her and Karethas retreats back onto the stairs as he begins calling to a far plane.

Karethas- good question. i guess it's not much difference so let's go with 14 rnds.

Auri and Faelar?


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Sorry was thinking Amir was supposed to be in front of me on the turn order :)

Auri cuts out of the rear ranks and circles around past Kzira and KarethasTo F6 to create a distraction and give it multiple targets.

Don't think I can actually damage them!


Male Elf Bard - 6

Darn it, my post was eaten!

I start to defend myself, while continuing with my performance.

Stand Defensively / Total Defense
Current AC : 21
Inspire Courage +1 : 2 / 14


Whatever force animates the flames it is further weakened as Kzrira send another arrow into it. Amir defends himself with his blade, but fails to strike the roaring flame.

The summoned creatures continue pressing Amir and Kzrira, but they remain unscathed and unburned.

Amir
Round 3
Kzrira
Karethas
Auri
Faelar
flame on


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Kzrira steps back and continues to launch arrows into the monster of flame.
Not sure if we have an updated map, but I will 5-foot step away and then fire to avoid an AoO.

Need to learn how to avoid getting hit while firing better.

5-foot move out of attack range.

Full Attack firing both arrows at the already wounded elemental. Will fire at the second one on the off chance the first takes the elemental down.

Attack-rapid shot: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 1 = 27
Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 1 = 9

Attack-rapid shot: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 1 = 29
Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 1 = 12

Her aim is quite good, but the arrows just do not penetrate as far as she would have expected.
That is two natural 20s wasted on these crit resistant elementals. Would sure like to have saved them for the BBEG.


Kzrira- you are penned in. you're at I6 and it's at H6. you can change action if you like or suck up the AoO.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

I will take the AoO then, not much of an option otherwise as my rapier will do a ton less damage. Next level I get the feat that allows me to avoid drawing AoO for using my bow in melee.


Cornered, Kzrira barely manages to dodge the blade shaped tongue of fire as she fires another point blank shot into the burning entity sending it home and then another shot hits Amir's foe as he slashes it with his heirloom blade.

Round 3
Kzrira-x
Karethas
Auri
Faelar
flame on


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Karethas finishes his spell by pointing towards the center of the room. A small earth elemental answers the call and rises from the stone floor. It's eyes glow red as it charges the fiery foe. Meanwhile, Karethas finishes another spell, attempting to distract the elemental.

Earth Elemental Stats:

+4 Str and Con due to Augment Summoning feat
Small Earth Elemental
CR 1
XP 400
N Small outsider (earth, elemental, extraplanar)
Init –1; Senses darkvision 60 ft., tremorsense 60 ft.; Perception +4

DEFENSE
AC 17, touch 10, flat-footed 17 (–1 Dex, +7 natural, +1 size)
hp 13 (2d10+2)
Fort +4, Ref –1, Will +3
Immune elemental traits

OFFENSE
Speed 20 ft., burrow 20 ft., earth glide
Melee slam +6 (1d6+4)
Special Attacks earth mastery

STATISTICS
Str 16, Dex 8, Con 13, Int 4, Wis 11, Cha 11
Base Atk +2; CMB +4; CMD 13
Feats Improved Bull RushB, Power Attack
Skills Appraise +1, Climb +7, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +1, Knowledge (planes) +1, Perception +4, Stealth +7


Elemental slam attack: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 1 = 21 (charge, flanking with Amir, earth mastery, power attack)
Damage: 1d6 + 6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 1 + 2 = 14
Karethas Casts Daze: DC 14 Will save or no action this round


Karethas- you mean you dropped your elemental in the deep pit in the center of the room? :/ no flanking bonus, but good enough.

At Karethas' call, a small rumbling form erupts from the wall of the vault and rushes onto its fiery enemy. In moments the fire is quashed as if buried beneath a shovelful of dirt.

out of combat


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Terran:
Thank you friend. Please stay with us for a while. There may be more enemies that may attack us.
Karethas glances down the pit. "We should hurry, our friend won't stay long."


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

"Amazing...!" Auri exclaims to the party whilst asmiring Karethas' minion.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Yes. Karethas, that was a fine friend you have there. Can we get that vault door open?

Kzrira walks over to the door and looks at it.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


The thick metal vault door crafted by the faithful of Abadar will likely take great effort to get through.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Kzrira then looks down into the pit (I think that is all that is left) to see if there is anything there.

I assume same Perception roll.


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Karethas glances at Kzrira as he approaches the door. "I suppose those guardians could have opened this door, if talked to. " After a second he sighes, "My fault for not talking to them I guess." Looking at the door he finally says, "Amir, use the gong. We are in a hurry."


The pit is deep and dark. You remember that the well was only thirty feet deep before and now the bottom is unseen. Once a glowing pebble is dropped down though, you estimate that the pit descends to another chamber about sixty feet down.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Kzrira looks at Faelar, Auri and Karethas.

Can someone make light down there? Or if you are willing, Auri, you could fly down and see what is there. I think we should drop a rope and get down there with Auri scouting just in front of me and Amir. If it is sixty feet, tying two lengths of rope together should get us down.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Auri takes KZ's suggestion and slowly descends down into the hole... his excellent vision a boon for this work...

Darkvision 120'


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

hmmm..I may have been drinking tonight, but I thought there was a door in this room. Now I look back and...not so much. I have decided you are all changing the posts on me!


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Lol - there is a door, it is a vault door and unless you have levels in Profession(safecracker) or the ability to beat like a DC30 on a knock spell, probably not something we can open yet.

3,501 to 3,550 of 6,417 << first < prev | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Sheik Voodoo's Katapesh Nights All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.