Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Sheik Voodoo's Katapesh Nights

Game Master voodoo chili

From the City of Bazaars to the City of Brass.


301 to 350 of 6,380 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

"Hunting dogs? Did you purchase a hound to track my brother? I have some of his clothing to put it on the right scent. No?"

"I must apologize to you all if I have put you in harm's way. Xandraedrel is capricious even by elven standards. I fear we have both been foolish and I'm too embarassed to go to our Venture-Captain to beg for her assistance. Some pathfinders we've been."


Male Elf Bard - 6

Elvish 'Come now my dear, always think positive. Look at this as a way to improve yourselves and decide if this really is the path you wish to take. We will help you find Xandraedrel, then you won't even have to mention it to your Venture-Captain. It would be as if it never happened, does that ease your worries at all?'


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Kzrira turns back to her breakfast as she listens to the rest of the party once again chit chat in some faerie language.

After hearing Xilla ask about the dogs, Kzrira responds: No, the dogs I was mentioning are about seven feet tall and have bad teeth. They tend to congregate in certain areas just outside of the city walls. Our informant said that we could find information from them, so that is where we are headed.


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 [ooc]Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

Amir nods at Kzrira's words. Indeed your brother is being kept by bad company, I hope we can find him with haste. We seem assembled so perhaps we should make our way?


The beautiful elf looks a bit paler for a moment at the mention of gnolls, "Thank you all. I have full faith in you. Please hurry."


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Karethas slaps his hands together and smiles widely. "Well, I am ready to go! Xander will quickly be saved and returned to his loving sister and we can be on to our other business."


After a quick complimentary breakfast from Mac, the rescue party heads out into the morning markets back up the hill through the Dawn Gate district and beyond the city walls to Dogtown which squats like a mongrel begging for a morsel at the back door of the Katapesh City.

Dilapidates tents and shanties lap against the wall or lay in haphazard huddles and the wet dog stink of the gnolls mixed with rotting meat and other waste is pervasive. There is little movement at the moment as no doubt most of the indolent inhabitants have yet to rise. In fact, several gnolls just lay out in the street in a stupor.


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Karethas looks around uncomfortably. For a moment he raises his hands like he is going to cast a spell, but he seems to reconsider it before slowly lowering his hands. Out of the side of his mouth he whispers,"Um, what next Amir?", hoping that the older man's experiences stretch to this part of town.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Kzrira has a vision of placing her crossbow against the back of each dogs head and pulling the trigger, watching as one by one each gnoll dies.

Yeh, we are kinda in the doghouse here, lets figure out where Xander is so that we can move on and get the info about the boy and get these investigations over.

Kzrira holds her crossbow in a ready position and continuously scans the area for anything dangerous or threatening.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 20 Amazingly she may actually see something this time


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 [ooc]Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

Amir strokes his chin. There is always a leader of the pack, no? Let us see if we cannot discern from these tents who, in fact, might be the most wealthy or powerful?

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Not sure if these are needed or recommended:
Diplomacy (Gather Info) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Kno:Local 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


Male Elf Bard - 6

I lean towards the group 'I could always ask around to see if I can find the Alpha Gnoll, I can speak their language quite fluently and maybe able to find out information on Xander at the same time. Would you like me to attempt this?'


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Kzrira raises her eyebrows at the announcement that one of the party speaks yet another non-human language. Sure, why not - if you speak their language, if you can call their snorting and barking a language, then go for it.


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 [ooc]Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

I "speak" it as well, though it is more they talk and you listen, but I think it best we stay together. I think we can expect trouble if we are not very careful.


Male Elf Bard - 6

Kelish 'Well Amir, my friend. Would you like to see if we can get some information on Xander?'

Gnoll 'Excuse me, I wonder if any of you fine people could help us, we are looking for someone.'

Diplomacy (Gather Information) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


Glancing about Kzrira realizes her first impressions were slightly incorrect. Amir helps point out that although all the structures are quiet poorly constructed there is evidence of more industrious humanoids than the gnolls. You spot a human with a pickaxe setting off for the hills just north of town that lead westward before tumbling in a series of cliffs into the sea. There are also some sizable wood and adobe structure including a slovenly inn nearby called the Rabid Dog and some warehouses toward the hills in addition to a sprinkling of pesh dens and transient housing.

Amir has had enough dealings with gnolls to know they are near universally lazy and although loyal to their pack, they hate being told what to do. In fact, only the strongest and most charismatic leaders can organize a pack for anything other than raiding and they are likely to turn on a leader the moment he is injured or weakened.

Faelar makes his way over to one of the wretches and respectfully makes his request with a series of guttural growls. The gnoll takes a moment to focus its red-rimmed eyes and does a double take in disbelief and bats at Faelar’s leg to make sure he isn’t a vision.

Gnoll:
Wha-? An elf calls me a fine person? What kinda pesh was that? Who you looking for elfy-thing?


Male Elf Bard - 6

Gnoll 'We are looking for another Elven man; my good sir, apparently he was brought here in a big bag a day or 2 ago. Have you seen this Elf, or do you know of anyone that could help us locate him?'


The gnoll cackles in a high pitches hyena laugh.

Gnoll:
"Good sir! Heeheehhee! Another elf here? Hmm, maybe go to Charred Meats or sold as slave although elves don't usually last long that way. Not tough enough."


Male Elf Bard - 6

Gnoll 'I wonder if you could point me towards "Charred Meats", I would be most grateful.'


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 [ooc]Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

I don't think we want to go to "Charred Meats" my friend.

Amir looks down at the Gnoll, Where are the slavers?


Amir Awad Hajjir wrote:
Amir looks down at the Gnoll, Where are the slavers?

Again the high-pitched keening laugh.

Gnoll:
Who isn't a slaver? nothing wrong with being a slaver around here. heehehhehe. Charred Meats is down by the warehouses. As for slaves just ask around- maybe check the Rabid Dog to see if anyone is selling.


Still sniggering while it waits for a reply, the gnoll passes out again.


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Karethas looks down at the snoring gnoll with a look of mild disgust on his face. "Well, I hope you got some useful information out of him."


Male Elf Bard - 6

Kelish 'They were quite informative actually ... on pesh ... but still quite informative. He mentioned a few establishments, "Charred Meats" and "The Rabid Dog". I am guessing "Charred Meats" is a restaurant, but "The Rabid Dog" seems to be a trading establishment. He suggested we try there as there are a lot of slavers here and some people may want an Elf for a slave, although we don't last long enough because we are not tough enough. But he passed out just after that, so we could not gain any more information from him unfortunately. Amir here is wanting to stay away from "Charred Meats", so I am inclined for us to explore "The Rabid Dog". Is that satisfactory with all of you?'


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Looking around the area with disgust: They all look like rabid dogs to me. But, if you think this is the best option, then lead on.


Male Elf Bard - 6

'Unfortunately I was unable to get some directions from him before he fell back to sleep. I only know that "Charred Meats" is down by the Warehouses. I must admit this is the first time I have met a Gnoll, they are a lot more helpful than I was led to believe.'


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 [ooc]Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

I wanted to avoid "Charred Meats" because I believe it where they might serve elves...as food. Perhaps I took his meaning too literally but I think it is best to avoid finding out unless we need to. As to "The Rabid Dog"...Let me think for a moment... Amir strokes his chin and then points across the way, Ah yes, we saw it coming over here, this way. Amir leads on to the inn.

Heh I just realized I saw it coming into the area so my post is different.

Dice Dump:

I was making a bunch of rolls but then I realized I already knew the answer (Thank god) I am gonna dump a bunch of rolls here so the next one is truly random.

1d20 ⇒ 6
1d20 ⇒ 3
1d20 ⇒ 17
1d20 ⇒ 17
1d20 ⇒ 11
1d20 ⇒ 5
1d20 ⇒ 1
1d20 ⇒ 16
1d20 ⇒ 18
1d20 ⇒ 16
1d20 ⇒ 10
1d20 ⇒ 8
1d20 ⇒ 4


East of the city gate at the edge of the warehouses amongst a couple mining offices is a tall ramshackle building with a primitively illustrated sign of a gnoll foaming at the mouth as it chugs from a mug. The porch smells strongly of urine and the smell improves little as you enter through a tacked up hide. It takes a moment for your eyes to adjust enough to the barren near windowless room to make out about four gnolls; a pair at the bar and two others at separate benches long the wall.

The bartender is a hulking gnoll with a milky eye and a mildewy scent emitted from patches of moss or mold or something growing on his mangy back. Of course, all eyes are on you as you enter the dive.


Male Elf Bard - 6

I calmly head over to the bar and take a seat. As I sit down, I give the 2 Gnolls at the bar and the bartender an acknowledging nod.

Gnoll 'Greetings Bartender, customers, I wonder if you can help us. We are looking for an Elven man, have you seen any other than myself?'

Diplomacy 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Knowledge (Local) to find out about this bar 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Karethas leans over to Amir and whispers, "His tone is rather.... engaging for someone talking to what is essentially a predatory pack animal."


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 [ooc]Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

Amir keeps his eyes forward and his hand gently resting on the hilt of his short sword, careful to seem casual but never let his eyes stray from the Gnolls he keeps his voice low as he responds to Karethas, As you say. He was this way in the Golden Scarab as well, almost friendly to the point of seeming a bard song fool. I think he is young for his people and comes from a place with less...exotic dealings than our home. Nonetheless we should be careful his niceness does not overextend and cause trouble. I worry these Gnolls will think us weak and try something.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

I pull my rapier half way out. Bah - these dogs don't know where that damn elf is and offering them money for information isn't going to get you anything but less money and bad information. He stole from our boss and he is going to pay with his life. I'm going back out to stab sacks in the alleys. I am sure that gambling drunkard is sleeping in some pit.

With this I turn and start to leave the tavern.

Bluff: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22


The bartender stares at Faelar for a moment with his good eye and answers in Kelish, "Not alot of elves come in here. What makes you think he'd be in Dog Town?"

After Kzrira's announcement, the bartender nods, "Ah fugitive. If you need a manhunter, you must be looking for Shank." He points with his nose to a powerfully built and well-equipped gnoll on the bench.

Faeler- one of the accounts you've read of a traveler in Katapesh made note that he hired a gnoll guide at the Rabid Dog. It said the guide was very competent as long as you didn't offend him. Also it noted to avoid the food at the Rabid Dog at all costs.


Male Elf Bard - 6

Kelish 'Ah, you speak Kelishite? I am glad, I didn't want to miss pronounce something while I spoke your tongue and offend you. The reason we believe he is in the town is we had an informant pass on some information that he had been sent here. We came into your fine establishment as member of the community outside recommended that in here would be a good place to looking.'


Faelar Braegen wrote:
Kelish We came into your fine establishment as member of the community outside recommended that in here would be a good place to looking.'

The verdant bartender, Moss Pelt, Faelar seems to recall, shrugs, "No elves hiding in here. As I said, Shank over there is a top tracker, but I can't tell you anything more."


Male Elf Bard - 6

Kelish 'I am very grateful for your help; my good sir. I shall go and speak with Shank now, thank-you once again.'

I head over to Shank, slowly but confidently. Gnoll 'Greetings and good day sir, do I have the pleasure and honour of speaking to Mr Shank?'


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

I stand by the door keeping an eye on everything while slowly spinning a crossbow bolt between my fingers like a baton.

Perception:1d20 ⇒ 3
--> just seeing if anything is amiss - and clearly I see nothing


The imposing gnoll is tawny colored with whitish hair that runs over his eyes and covers his right ear. He is dressed in a leather vest, breechclout, and leggings. A necklace of fangs hangs around his neck and a longbow, scimitar, and dangerous looking hunting knife are close at hand.

Shank gives a growling grunt and answers in rumbling Kelish, "I heard. My rate is 5 gold a day. If you don't have the coin, don't waste my time."


Male Elf Bard - 6

Kelish 'Ah, you speak Kelishite too. You have made a fair request and in response to your request I would like to discuss everything with my fellow companions. I shall be back shortly; my good sir.'

I bow to the large Gnoll and turn back to my new friends, I walk over to them, Kelish 'I am sure you all heard that, Mr Shank over there is a good guide and he is asking for 5 Gold Scarabs a day, which I think is rather fair for his services. Especially if we find him by the end of today.'

I lean in closer to the group and start whispering, Kelish 'Unfortunately I have absolutely no money, although I have tried to hide that fact from many people. Usually I would be able to talk into getting things for nothing, but I dare not try that here as if I mess up he could either raise the price, or the worst outcome is he refuses to assist us. So if we hire him is entirely up to you and your pockets. I am very sorry, oh and don't eat anything from here. I remember reading an article about this place, it would be most prudent if you didn't eat, you never know what could happen.'


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

After listening to Faelar Kzrira walks over to Shank while scowling and playing with her bolt: The elf told me you can guide us for 5 gp for the day and find his friend. But, we know nothing of your skills or abilities. I will offer you 2 Scarabs now, and 4 more once we have found the elf we are seeking.


The gnoll scout snarls, "You don't know about me? Then you don't know much, girl. I don't bargain. You just go back to your sack stabbing or whatever your plan was."


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Hearing his response: It is your choice whether you wish to make money. I turn and walk to the door, as I pass the rest of the party I say to them, but loud enough for the gnoll to hear: Well, clearly he does not want my money - you all are welcome to hire him, I will seek the boy on my own. With that I step out the door and wait for my companions to join me, or hire the guide.


The gnoll snorts dismissively and cocks his pale ear at the others.


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 [ooc]Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

Amir bows slightly as Kzrira passes him and she steps outside. Shooting a sidelong glance at the others Amir sits opposite the gnoll. He reaches into his flowing tunic and withdraws 5 gold coins with a flourish Sleight of Hand 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 Just to be fancy about it all

Plunking the coins on the table. Day one

Amir repeats the gesture with five more coins. Day two

Amir reaches into his tunic a third time and pulls out nothing. Leaning forward Amir looks to the coins and then the gnoll.In Common I have many to track and if they are far, then there are many days ahead. Gnolls like men, I hear, enjoy knowing if their purse will be full. I will keep you in good business provided you skills match your...reputation.

Leaving no time to talk Amir will stand, leaving his left hand resting on the dragon headed hilt of his sword. In Gnoll: But my gold is the leash dog. Your kind are known to betray. If you cheat me, if you try to betray me, I will have my gold back and then some. My companions are not to be trifled with... Amir considers the gnoll for a second and then strokes his moustache and smirks slightly. Deal?


Shank's hackles rise, "I should gut you for the insult, but I'll take your gold. Now tell me everything you know. Holding back will only make this take longer and I'm already growing tired of your company."


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Karethas tries to follow the conversation as it switches back and forth from the various languages. When he gathers that Shank has been hired, he smiles and says,"Well yes, the first hopefully will be the closest and easiest for you to find. Two nights ago a elf named Xander was kidnapped and sold to slavers in this neighborhood by the goblin Krebbel Jebbel. He was made a "Doggie Bag", as some call it. This is your first prey, and pray that you find him quickly for he may not be here in Ketapesh long. We will talk of our other targets after we find this one. Any questions?"


Shank pockets the gold and scratches his muzzle thinking. "Slavery isn't illegal in Katapesh, but kidnapping is... I think I have some ideas. Meet me back here this afternoon." He scowls at Amir. "I will meet you back here. I wouldn't be known as the best guide in Katapesh if I stiffed my clients, monkey boy. I can do better asking around myself without another elf and a surly wench getting in the way."


Male Elf Bard - 6

'Thank-you for undertaking our quest. I am sure that someone of your calibre will be able to find Xander quickly. So I shall see you here again this afternoon, thank-you once again for your help Mr Shank.' With that I give Shanks a bow of respect.


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Karethas claps his hands together and says, "Well then, that frees up the rest of our morning to look for Gilad, which I am sure Kzrira will be happy for. I am happy for that as well. Amir, you and Kzrira became rather less pleasant to be around when we started to talk to these gnolls. Much less pleasant, actually."


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Once the others leave the tavern, Kzrira spits on the ground. Bah - these mongrels have no place in society. If it was my choice every one of them within 20 leagues of this city would be killed and left to rot.

Then, with a smile returning to her face. Yes - lets go find this Gilad lad. We have time, shall we head onward.


Male Elf Bard - 6

'I agree Karethas, this would be a perfect time to enquire about Gilad. Where should we start our search first; my friends, the Trading House of Arrasti or the Far Desert Spice Traders? Mr Djal said that they were the last places that the young apprentice was seen.'

'Amir, it would seem that you are quite the linguist, just from journeying with you for this short time I have already heard you speak 3 languages. Surprisingly they are 3 that I have also studied and am quite fluent in, I also see that you are putting them to good use with your silver tongue and golden scarabs. It is truly an honour to be in the presence of a fellow linguist.'

'Kzrira, what is it about these creatures that you dislike so?'

301 to 350 of 6,380 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Sheik Voodoo's Katapesh Nights All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.