Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Sheik Voodoo's Katapesh Nights

Game Master voodoo chili

From the City of Bazaars to the City of Brass.


3,251 to 3,300 of 6,380 << first < prev | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | next > last >>

HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 [ooc]Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

Well, a party we are but we have had conflict, debilitation, and obviously our memories suffer for it. We should make our way out of here one way or another. Do either of you have a sense where we should go?


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

"I like that plan!"


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Karethas stands before the door resolutely. His eyes grow flinty and his lips form a thinly pressed line. He raises his hands in preparation to cast his spell quickly, as needed. Just as he is about to nod his head to Auri to open the door his eyes blink, his hands droop, and he sighs deeply. "Amir opened the door before with the chime, which he still has inside."


Karethas prepares new spells and moves to the magical portal ready for action before realizing that he is uncertain how to pass without Amir's magic chime.

Inside the fogs of insanity, Amir, Faelar, and Kzrira seem uncertain of many things: the sanity of their companions, the way out of the mists, and what happened to Karethas and Aurichalcum.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

"That's a bit of a problem" Auris little draconc face bunches up in dismay.

ust trying to think if there was another way around, or whether we might have some capacity to force the thing


Aurichalcum and Karethas-

Know arcana DC 21:
The use of the chime before was quite spectacular for such a utilitarian spell as knock. It was more like the portal opened itself to the magical energy directed at it.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4
Sheik Voodoo wrote:
Know arcana

Arcana? Never met the guy" Replies Auri to the distant being whispering in his mind...

Rel/Planar/Hist only


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Faelar? Amir? Do either of you have a clue where Auri and Karethas went? Or where we are?


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

KNOWLEDGE ARCANA CHECK:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28(4 rank, +3 class skill, +4 Int)
Karethas thinks for a moment and then starts casting spell at the door. First daze, if the door doesn't open, then a Magic Missile, and finally a Summon Monster II.

Btw, I meant to say he casts Mage Armor on himself before starting all of this.


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 [ooc]Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

No...the last I remember was the chaos of the fight and a sense of...betrayal? The rogue rubs his temples a bit trying to massage his memory, I think I was fighting with Auri? Or he stung me for some reason?


Male Elf Bard - 6

"I can't remember much, it is all very blurry, but I remember you shooting me Kzrira, just thinking of it drives a pain through my body. I remember protecting myself from another attack, then ... nothing."


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Kzrira shakes her head: But why would I have shot you? Some foul magic must be afoot. We must be very careful in places such as this. Something I have warned you of in the past Faeler. Ware your inquisitive instinct overcomes your good judgment.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

"What's all that for" Auri asks inquisitively when Karethas starts his casting...


Karethas finishes his simple spell and Aurichalcum's question is anwered. A simple cantrip yields a remarkable effect on the secret door. The eye symbol of Nethys dissolves into a plethora of triangles that cascade to the floor. The mist filled corridor comes into sight as do the ancient statues and your companions.


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

"Hmmph...that simple. Testing a person's worthiness to enter by having them cast the simplest of spells." Karethas peers into the mists, his hands raised and a spell ready on his lips. He doesn't say anything, waiting to see if his companions are in their right minds.

Take 20 on a perception check if you will allow that. Otherwise PERCEPTION CHECK:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19(4 rank, +1 Wis)


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

"Excellent work, makes perfect sense!"

Sense Motive - 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 are our friends recovered?


Sense motive as Aurichalcum.

Karethas finds that his companions are about as sane as they'll likely ever be though unclear about what has happened. Aurichalcum is less certain they won't behave erratically again.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Auri looks at them some more... trying to appear sane.


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

I was more concerned with the invisible elephant bear in the mists than the others, but here is a sense motive as well :-).
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

As the door dissolves, Kzrira grabs her bow and turns toward the opening unsure of what is about to appear. As soon as her eyes become accustomed to the sudden light, she lowers the bow.

Are you all sane? What happened? And why did you leave us here?


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 [ooc]Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

Perhaps because we were not sane? I care litte for the why and more to the leaving at this point...


Karethas- I just reapplied your percep roll. but no elephants in the room.


Male Elf Bard - 6

I look around and see the door disperse, with Karethas and Auri standing on the other side, "I remember walking into the Breath, before the attack. Perhaps you fell victim to the ancient effects Kzrira, let us just hope that due to its exposure we have not gone insane."

With that I start to head over to Karethas and Auri, unless they begin to walk in towards us.


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Karathas smirks as he replies to Kzrira, "I am sane and Auri is as he always has been." He glances off at the mist behind her, "Is there anything in there with you?"


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Well, if there is something, it is not seeking to harm us. We have all slept, although I did not sleep well and feel like awaking after a long night of booze.


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 [ooc]Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

[b]The breath is here but to what end? What is it protecting or is it merely what this temple was meant to contain?[/b


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

"I was hoping for answers, all I got was more questions" The little dragon seems a bit saddened.


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 [ooc]Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

Sometimes that is the life of an explorer. You are young and the desert is full of such mysteries. Unless any of you see areason to stay amidst this one, I say we move on.


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

"I can't see that the rewards are worth the risk, although I did prepare my spells today with that mist in mind."


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

"It's knowledge I suppose, that is always the greatest wealth of all..."


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Well, if we are going to search this area, lets do it. Otherwise, I am really tired and probably not at my best today.


Male Elf Bard - 6

"If there is knowledge to be had, I would like to find and discover its secrets. There could be a mass of knowledge that could help a lot of people, some could even contain Aurichalcum's remedy for his slowed growth. So I say, press on ... just a little cautiously."


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Karethas shrugs and enters the mist.


Karethas- re-exposure to the mist= DC 16 fort save.


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Sorry, should have included the save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Awesome!


Karethas- looks like crazy time... confused


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Kzrira cautiously watches her companions as they reenter the strange area.


Male Elf Bard - 6

I find somewhere where there is no mist, I then take a deep breath and walk through the mist again, hoping to get to the other side, following Karethas.

Fortitude Save : 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14 (16 against Enchantment Spells and effects. )


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

1d100 ⇒ 9
Once Karethas enters takes a breath of the mist he coughs and shakes his head. "I don't feel right. I think this wasn't a good idea." He backs out of the passage coughing.


Karethas feels magical energy flow through him empowering his ability to manipulate arcane energies, but also slightly bending his sense of reality. Falear helps the coughing wizard back out of the eerie mists to where Aurichalcum sits observing them.

Faelar takes a deep breath and walks back in toward Amir and Kzrira while Karethas feels reality shifting again.
Falear is OK for the moment with a bonus for holding his breath, but Karethas needs another roll of the crazy table. confused for 5 minutes.


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

1d100 ⇒ 13
"Seriously, I don't feel well. Faelar, Auri you guys should put me to sleep."


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

You coming out to get stung or pushing through Karethas? Which side would you prefer to be bound on?


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

I backed into the clear air


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Save vs DC13 or have a nice nap :)


we can just hand wave the save as Karethas is willing at the moment.

Finding yet another companion on the verge of madness, Aurichalcum quickly takes to the wing and stings Karethas into unconsciousness.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Lets bind his hands in case he awakens in this state. Auri, you do not seem to be affected by the mist, can you scout forward and see what, if anything is farther in?

Are Amir, Faelar and I immune to this stuff since we have slept in it?


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 [ooc]Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

Amir is sorta just aghast at the moment. I am curious about Kzrira'a question though...


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Hmmm this is starting to get kinda hard...!

"The mist might have had an effect, I had strange dreams and can't recall a great deal of yesterday. I even awoke bruised and battered"

Lets find out who isn't effected. There's something going on here, just trying to work out what - and what the hell is a bearelephant anyway?


all those who slept through their madness in the mist appear to be unaffected unless they leave the mist and reenter. So once Karethas is allowed to sleep it off inside the mist, only Auri risks the negative effects.


Aurichalcum wrote:
Hmmm this is starting to get kinda hard...!

yeah, it's an odd little sidetrack. if you're stymied, just move on. you still have another section of shrine to explore. you can always come back later or much later in the AP. nothing essential here.

3,251 to 3,300 of 6,380 << first < prev | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Sheik Voodoo's Katapesh Nights All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.