Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Sheik Voodoo's Katapesh Nights

Game Master voodoo chili

From the City of Bazaars to the City of Brass.


3,201 to 3,250 of 6,415 << first < prev | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | next > last >>

Male Elf Bard - 6

I just had a thought ... do my Elven immunities make me resistant to Auri's sleep attack? I am immune to magical sleep attacks and am unsure if his attack counts as such.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

I was thinking that as well for a while, but its a Poison so I figured I'd be safe :p


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

"Ummm...is anyone in there not crazy?"


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 [ooc]Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

1d100 ⇒ 54

Crazy? Crazy? These mists have made you all into treacherous shadows of yourselves!


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Crazy? 1d100 ⇒ 1

Auri now shoots for Amir.

Sting 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
D13 Fort save or nap it off.
Wish there was critical poison

Who'd have thought that the great use for my poison was simply to pacify my own party?


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 [ooc]Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

Fort!1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

You treacherous cur of a rat! No true dragon would dare abuse me in such a way!

I gots to go get the dragon now!

Attack! 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 6 - 4 = 22
1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 6 - 4 = 12
1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Faelar- i figured poison was a special case or at least more efficient than letting you all beat each other into unconsciousness...

Aurichalcum retains his sanity though it is hard to tell from the violent exchange in the swirling amber mists. Karethas wonders what will become of them all.

Karethas:
We'll give it another try. DC 20 Will please : ) and DC 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19 perception for the reveal...

Round 4
Amir
Karethas
Auri


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Amir with a 54, shouldn;'t your last round have been trying to kill yourself and then you attack Auri R4?


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Spoiler:
WILL SAVE: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8(4 Base, +1 Wis, +1 Cloak)
PERCEPTION CHECK:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23(4 rank, +1 Wis)

Hold action until Voodoo's update.


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 [ooc]Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

Probably, Auri. Personally I'm fine to hand wave that Auri makes me drop. Assuming that I face off with the dragon one on one I think I loose the great game of statistics to the poison DC after multiple hits as opposed to what it takes for me to pound the dragon into unconsciousness...


OK, reconnected. Kinda crazy in the real world lately, but yeah, Amir should have gone suicidal. I'll wrap it up in a bow now.

Amir yells a threat at the flittering dragon and then attack his own hand. A moment later he collapses and surprisingly so does Karethas leaving only the tiny dragon to wrestle with his inner demons.

Karethas:
Just before blessed unconsciousness overcomes you, you see an odd thing in the concealing mist beyond your maddened companions. It floats above the ground and resembles shaggy bear with a long tail and a strangely elephantine head. It disappears as you fall to the ground.

Auri- DC 19 perception to see what Karethas saw.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Auri blinks, then looks again, then looks at his sleeping comrades.

Confusion 1d100 ⇒ 78 - Is he still off his tree? If so, he's about to charge off after the thing.


Auri- yep, 5 minutes of insanity- i read attack nearest creature to not include the unconscious so... the creature will be visible this round.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Auri swoops in to have his fill of whatever the thing is rolling around in the mist...

Attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Damage 1d6 ⇒ 1


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Zzzzzz - Kzrira has dreams of shooting small dragons and then cooking them on a spit over a nice open fire.


Rage fills the psuedodragon as a mysterious shape is seen in the mist. Surely, this creature is behind the madness that has afflicted his companions. He swoops in striking the creature with a fiery sting and then it vanishes though the dragonette senses that it remains near. A sonorous voice is heard beckoning the dragon to rest until he regains his senses, but dragons don't sleep unless they wish it.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Auris mind stays full of angry rage, his mind pressing outward in threats of anger (in Celestial) "She brought me here to transform and gain my magnificence, no false blasphemers will stop my true destiny! Sarenrae guide me! Asmodeus, lord of the fiery pit, drive my flames to burn my foes!"


There is no response from the befuddling fog as the little dragon mentally shouts oaths.

Round 5
snuffaluffagus-x
Aurichalcum


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Can't fix him with Blindsense?


yes, you can pinpoint to attack with 50% miss chance. It didn't attack you however, so you should roll for confusion effects each round.

Give me a DC 21 will save while you're at it : )


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Ahh ok, I thought because I attacked the 'nearest creature' we just kept up at it.

Attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Attack 1d6 ⇒ 6
Miss? 1d100 ⇒ 15 (missed)

Will Save 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22


Aurichalcum snuffs at the confusing cloud forgetting what he's doing. Then he remembers! This strange flying elephant-bear in front of him is his ally. They were fighting a horrible mummy that killed his friends and just attacked Karethas. The friendly bearephant entreats Auri to save his wizard friend while it retreats into the roiling mist.


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 [ooc]Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

This is screwed up. I suddenly feel like I am witness to a Terry Gilliam animation and all I can do is watch. Heh :)


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Note to self for future reference. When your main fighter goes nuts and starts attacking party members, and then is rendered unconscious, DO NOT keep going to where he went nuts to see if it happens again.


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Lol, when VooDoo was like you all are VERY tired and should rest, that's when I decided "I have a bad feeling about this." And main fighter is a stretch /duck.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Well, would you prefer the elvish dancer or the dropout mage as our main fighter. Or perhaps the dragon with a serious inferiority complex? I guess the old man might have a fair argument though.


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 [ooc]Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

It was so obvious that Kzrira was the only one going crazy and since she was all weird and paranoid before it was very easy to think that she was the only one who had anything wrong with her...whoops ;-p Whatever, Auri will certainly take out the werecatbearelephatriceratrix or whatever the hell it is. Hopefully. *lol*


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

That was Karethas' thought too, whether true or not. My joke was that none of us meet the standard party roles. Except maybe Karethas as utility caster. Everyone else is a hybrid of two or more roles. I think that is awesome! I am happy when we work together that way.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Auri wanders off to find his Wizard friend, on the lookout for any Mummies
Finding the napping elder with a bloodied wound...

CLW 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Elder would refer to Amir? and you're still confused. new roll each round.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Amir the Wizened Wizard... in line with what my good comrade suggested.

Confused 1d100 ⇒ 3 Nope.


Amir is a rogue... the dice may not say so, but you really are confused... :)


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Isn't that the idea!? :p I'm talking to a semi-invisible bearelephant in a pink mist on the run from an imaginary mummy to save my friends; who are all taking a nap for some reason, but have still managed to hurt themselves


In a moment of clarity, Aurichalcum heals Amir's wound and the haggard rogue appears to rest more easily, but surely Karethas must be in need of assistance after the beating he took from the cursed undead!

round whatever.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Somewhere in time...1d100 ⇒ 72
Auri starts looking at the walls pressing in, and tries to take flight through them to be free Damage - 1d8 ⇒ 7

Some time later...1d100 ⇒ 13
Then in a moment of clarity... he heals Karethas

CLW 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Aurichalcum chips a horn and suffers some bruises in a panicked attempt to escape the mist, then sees the opening and remembers his fallen companion. He summons healing energy over Karethas though he doesn't look injured. Behind the wizard and the dragonette the wall reassembles and in a moment, there is no evidence of the strange cave beyond.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Crazysauce? 1d100 ⇒ 18

Auri decides to go for a wander back outside while he ponders how to drag his companions out to safety.


Auri flaps back up to the entry room and the haze eventually wears off in the fresher air. He sees no evidence of a mummy though he clearly remembers the attack. He feels weary after the ordeals of the day and the stillness of the lost shrine lulls him toward slumber. After all, his companions are all sleeping soundly and that friendly creature will surely watch over them.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Like a cat in the afternoon after a fat meal, Auri finds a nice elevated perch to fly up onto, stretches out, and naps.


After a long day, all members of the party sleep well. There is no way to tell time deep inside the lower passages of the old shrine, but surely it is past noon when everyone awakens. Karethas and Aurichalcum are in the stone sphinx chamber with no sign currently of the magical door they passed through the previous night.

Falear, Amir, and Kzrira awaken in the arcane miasma soar from mysterious wounds. Everything is a blur of terrible and strange events and dreams for everyone except Kzrira who has no memories of dreams and only half remembers the events of the night before. In fact, it is if she hasn't rested at all.
Kzrira- fatigued.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Kzrira wakes up and finds herself in a strange darkness feeling like she just slept on a pile of rocks, which is essentially what she did.

Tentatively she calls out: Where are we? Is anyone here?

She reaches around eventually finding her bow a few feet away where it was dropped when she collapsed.


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Karethas groans as he rolls over, sore after a night spent on a hard stone floor. He looks around and notices Auri curled up in the room. What happened? Where is everyone else? Did I really see a shaggy elephant? He finally rises. "Auri! Where are the others?"


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 [ooc]Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

The strangeness does not abate...

Amir will rifle in his bag and pull a sunrod. He will light it and cast it about in the miasma.


Male Elf Bard - 6

Hearing the voices of everyone wakes me, "Stay away from me Kzrira, I won't have you shoot me again!"

I rise to my feet, picking up the wand and once Amir's light source is viable I move away from Kzrira, but remaining near everyone else.

I am guessing because I wasn't confused when Kzrira attacked me, I can remember that bit fine, just not the rest. Is that correct?


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

What happened. Everything was blurry. I recall attacking something and then it is all black. Are the rest of you as exhausted as I am?

Suddenly she realizes what Faelar said: I attacked you? No, I would never do that. I may find your ways strange and your devotion to knowledge rather odd, but I would never attack you. We are a party. One for all and all for one. Attacking party members is not part of that.


You clearly remember everything up until the point where you allegedly went crazy. Then it gets a little murky. At least those in the mist appear have gained some tolerance of its less beneficial effects though it may not be permanent.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

"I think we got disoriented, we all seem better now though"


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

"Ummm...'We all'? The others aren't here, Auri!" Karethas pauses for a moment as he looks over at the design on the wall. Finally, resignation appears on his face, "We can only hope they are still alright in that accursed mist. Let me prepare my spells and we will go look for them. I don't want to go back in there without some spells at my disposal." He pulls out his spellbook and settles down.


Karethas takes advantage of a quiet moment without having to worry about his companions attacking themselves or each other to prepare his spells while the confused dragon wonders where everyone else went.

Inside the fog, the others try to piece together what happened.


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Karethas finally claps his spellbook closed. "Alright, I think I have a plan! Last night, when you all were in the mist, I was outside of it and I don't believe I was under it's effects. In any case, I saw this....creature. It was very strange, with an elephantine head and a bear like body. It was very difficult to see, sort of going in and out of the mists. I think this means that it is either just hard to see or it is ethereal. If it is ethereal it will be difficult to hit, but I have memorized some spells that will hit it for sure. If it is well hidden or invisible, I have spell that will let us see it. Therefore, YOU are going to open the door and I am going to be ready with my spell and will cast it if I have reason to believe that it is in there. Sound like a plan?"

Note I have changed my spells. Hope they help.

3,201 to 3,250 of 6,415 << first < prev | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Sheik Voodoo's Katapesh Nights All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.