Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Sheik Voodoo's Katapesh Nights

Game Master voodoo chili

From the City of Bazaars to the City of Brass.


3,101 to 3,150 of 6,208 << first < prev | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | next > last >>

Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 1/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Kzrira follows behind the crazy dragon watching everything carefully and keeping her bow out and ready to fire if anything should suddenly jump out.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Karethas chuckles, very pleased with himself, but hangs back to let the others proceed him into the passage. He casts Detect Magic and concentrates on the mist as the group moves forward.


Aurichalcum and Kzrira lead the way into the passage while Karethas surveys the fog for clues as to its nature. It registers the same ambiguous background magic that permeated the lost shrine, but Karethas can't say more.

Kzrira sees that the statues resemble Ancient Osiriani archmages and hierophants from long ago. Their eyes follow her and the stone lips move eerily as if they were chanting.

Auri and Kzrira:
DC 16 will save

know (arcane) or (religion) DC 25:
You half recall ancient Nethian lore of a shrine in the desert that honored a magical gas called the Breath of Nethys. It was said to provide magical inspiration and madness.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 1/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

DM VoV:

Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 <-- extra +1 if fear related.

And something bad happens to the little archer.


Male Elf Bard - 6

Knowledge (Arcana) : 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30
Knowledge (Religion) : 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29

I follow along side Karethas, quietly humming to myself.

Perform (Sing) : 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

I look to Karethas as I recall something, "You don't think this is THE lost shrine in the desert do you? The place of worship to Nethys that housed his breath? This is such a find!" I look up to Auri and Kzrira, "Try to hold your breath, this gas is known as the Breath of Nethys, it has been recorded to provide magical inspiration, however it is also recorded that those who were in contact with it also suffered from madness afterwards."


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 1/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)
Faelar Braegen wrote:
"Try to hold your breath, this gas is known as the Breath of Nethys, it has been recorded to provide magical inspiration, however it is also recorded that those who were in contact with it also suffered from madness afterwards."

Woohoo, now I have a legitimate reason for acting like a nut.


Bluff (11) Perception (10*) Stealth (14) :: Init (+3) :: HP (64) :: F(6)/R(7)/W(3)

Amir follows along, holding his breath as best he can after the elf makes the comment.

Perception1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

KNOWLEDGE ARCANA CHECK:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12(4 rank, +3 class skill, +4 Int)Nice!

Karethas shrugs, "I don't know, I have never heard of such a place. I don't detect anything that would indicate that this fog will cause any specific effect though."


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Will Save 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Know (Rel)) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

"Aha! Perhaps this is what Saerenrae sent me to find? Perhaps swimming in such a breath will finally unlock my growth!" Auri dives in...


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 1/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

You sure growing into a giant dragon inside a tiny little passageway is a good idea?

Kzrira looks rather skeptical.


VoV?! I'm VoDo! Nonetheless, Will saves for the rest. Amir gets a +4 for holding his breath.


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

WILL SAVE: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24(4 Base, +1 Wis, +1 Cloak)


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 1/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)
Cap'n Voodoo wrote:
VoV?! I'm VoDo! Nonetheless, Will saves for the rest. Amir gets a +4 for holding his breath.

Must have been the crazy dust.


Male Elf Bard - 6

Will Save : 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
19 against Enchantment Spells and effects.
21 against Bardic Performances, Sonic and Language Dependant effects.
23 against both at the same time.

Darn, didn't make a post in time to hold my breath too! Everyone hold your breath; it will help, but I won't do it :P


Faelar Braegen wrote:
Darn, didn't make a post in time to hold my breath too! Everyone hold your breath; it will help, but I won't do it :P

I would have given the bonus to you except you stated that you were humming. typical of Faelar : ) you barely made it anyway. just need Amir.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 1/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Kzrira looks at the pretty colors.


Amir's save 1d20 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 1 + 4 = 22

Kzrira:
Seems like your paranoia was just a foreshadowing as you are now full on confused for the next 5 minutes. Roll the percentile dice for this round's crazy. You may make another save each round to avoid the effect for one round otherwise new percentile each round.

Karethas:
Your magic is enhanced in the mist. All spell effects are 2 levels higher


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 1/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

DM Voodoo:

1d100 ⇒ 91
You can change who I attack, not sure who is closest, most likely Faelar or Amir.

Round 1

Watch out Karethas, this isn't Faelar, it is an imposter.

Attack Faelar: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


As the little dragon sprints ahead dancing in the magical golden fog, a strange look appears upon Kzrira's face. She cocks her head as if listening to the whispering statues and then spins and fires on Faelar as he walks with Karethas. Amir nearly forgets to hold his breath in shock.

Initiative rolls:

Auri 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Amir 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Karethas 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Faelar 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Kzrira 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

round 1
Falear
Amir
Auri
Karethas
Kzrira


Male Elf Bard - 6

"OWW!!!! What was that for Kzrira?! I am no imposter, that REALLY hurt!"

Seeing that my words are having little to no effect I begin to chant a set of incantations that I have not spoken before and my hands join in with some unfamiliar gestures. Then all of a sudden there are multiple images of myself, all standing next to each other looking hurt from the fresh arrow wound.

Mirror Image : 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 So there are 6 of me and only 1 is the real one. Great time to roll maximum on the dice :) So if I get attacked again rolling a 1 on a D6 will hit me and not an image.

Hit Points : 17/25


round 1 cont.
Amir
Auri
Karethas
Kzrira

one down, four to go.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 1/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Kzrira walks over and lifts Amir and Karethas' eyelids to see whether they fell asleep.


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

I was going to wait for Auri and Amir, but I if you want my turn now.

Karethas grunts at the confusion, and peers at Kzrira and Faelar in suspicion. Suddenly he reaches into a pouch and tosses a spray of colorful sand at them both which transforms into an arch of rainbow like light. Turning to Amir he says calmly "Keep holding your breath. Help me get them both out of the fog and bind them." Following his own advice he starts holding his breath.

You both need to make a DC 15 Will save or be blinded and stunned for 1d4 ⇒ 1(pffft, figures) rounds and stunned for an additional round


Male Elf Bard - 6

Will Save : 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 Do I need to add in all of my other bonuses?

"If you want us out of the Breath, you only have to ask, but there is no need to cast spells on me. I'm not the one who attacked a friend!"


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Auri flits towards Kzrira, and quickly lashes his tail...

Attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30 - Poison
DC13 Fort save or take a nap.

Can you critical poison!?
Attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 1/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Fort Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Kzrira turns at Karethas' voice and completely misses the bronze streak appear behind her. Suddenly she sees pretty colors. Then she feels a sharp prick in her unprotected neck and slumps to the ground, blind, stunned and asleep.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Auri sniffs at Kzrira to ensure she is ok now shes napping, then sits protectively upon her like a cat waiting for its owner to awaken.

Nice save! ;p


There is a flurry of activity and after the scintillating colors disperse, Kzrira is flat on her back with a brass dragonette warily perched on her belly.

The fog continues to give everything a hallucinatory caste, but no one else has another psychotic episode for the moment.

Kzrira shouldn't be a threat to anyone for a while. plans?


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

"Pull her through? She will wake up in a minute or so"


Amir looks a bit dazed, probably oxygen deprivation, as he complies, quickly dragging Kzrira out of the fog and binding her securely.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 1/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

How long am I napping for?


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

You get another save every 10 rounds (one minute) for 10 minutes


Male Elf Bard - 6

I follow everyone else, albeit a little concerned over my well being. I continually look over to both Karethas and Kzrira, to make sure they don't try to hurt me or put me under a spell again.


Kzrira:
the crazy haze wears off in 5 minutes so you can take your saves to see when you wake up.


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Karethas shakes his head, "Ok, here's my suggestion. We need to get Kzrira in bindings. Amir, you have manacles for her wrists? Bind her feet with rope and then toss her out of the fog. It seems that the fog either has a negative effect or doesn't, and staying in it doesn't necessarily mean that you will eventually go mad, at least not immediately. After we take care of Kzrira let's quickly check down this passageway."


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 1/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Will Save - 1minute: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

1d100 ⇒ 99

After about a minute, Kzrira's eyes open. Finding her hands and feet bound, and a small dragon sitting upon her:
Karethas, help, the dragon is attacking me.

Attack-head-but: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 5 - 4 = 10 <-- I have no clue what modifiers to use for being bound. I am pretty sure I miss though.


Bluff (11) Perception (10*) Stealth (14) :: Init (+3) :: HP (64) :: F(6)/R(7)/W(3)

Sorry for the delay, I have my son more than normal this week and it has made getting online a challenge.

Amir certainly complies with Karethas' recommendations and manacles and ties her up. Amir will also take her weapons and put them on his person.

She has acted strange since she got here. Abadar's glory that she will be made right upon our exit. We need to finish our business here...


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Karethas and Amir drag Kzrira to the doorway to the passage and roll her out of the mist. As he is pushing her Karethas calls to Faelar, "Heal yourself up and lets get going!"

It's all good Amir, we got through it!


Male Elf Bard - 6

I take out the wand and release its energy onto my arm, where a warmth starts to remove some of my pains from the arrow.

Cure Light Wounds (Via Wand) : 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

"Shall we continue then?" I still keep an eye on everyone, in case they try to attack me again.

My images should remain for 4 minutes, hopefully if there is another combat they will still be there.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 1/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
1d100 ⇒ 38

As you begin to drag her away, Kzrira shakes her head.
What happened? Why am I tied up?


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

As Karethas gives Kzrira a final push through the magically sealed doorway he smiles and says, "Sorry my dear, but we'll have to explain that in a few moments when we return." He turns around and heads back into the mist. To the others he says quietly, [b]"Keep an eye on one another, it might happen to one of us."


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

"It was the magic of the place, clearly it is very strong!"


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

I assume that those of us with some magical abilities are more resistant to the madness. I'm not sure why Amir was able to resist.

Pretty sure that is not true, but Karethas thinks it is because of who resisted the effects.


Kzrira comes to in a few moments as the dragon venom works its way through her system. She tries to attack Aurichalcum one moment and then demands to know why she has been bound. Obviously the arcane energies of the place have taken a toll on her sanity. Hopefully it isn't permanent.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

"She still seems unhappy, a further nap?" Auri questions the group as his small venomous stinger switches in anticipation...


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 1/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

1d20 ⇒ 11
1d100 ⇒ 77

As soon as you release Kzrira she starts to attempt to kick whoever is closest while screaming: Are you all nuts, he is going to get us.

Attack-kick while bound: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 5 - 4 = 17
Damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 <-- no clue whether I hit anyone or what the damage would be while bound.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

In response, the dragons sting snips in again..

Attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
DC13 Fort save again, or take another nap.


Kzrira catches Amir with a powerful kick as he steps aside to allow the psuedodragon to sting her back into unconsciousness.

Kzrira:
give me a DC 18 will save against sleep with your fort save against sleep.

perception DC 30:
For a moment there is a thin shadowy figure hidden in the mist. It is manlike except for the thick shaggy hair that covers its body and an elephantine head. Then it disappears.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 1/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Perception:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Fort Save vs nappy nappy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
1d100 ⇒ 35

Arrrg, they are going to get me.
Kzrira curls up and begins to shiver.


Kzrira continues to babble incoherently and then suddenly falls into the deep sleep of exhaustion.

3,101 to 3,150 of 6,208 << first < prev | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Sheik Voodoo's Katapesh Nights All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.