Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Sheik Voodoo's Katapesh Nights

Game Master voodoo chili

From the City of Bazaars to the City of Brass.


3,051 to 3,100 of 6,862 << first < prev | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | next > last >>

Karethas flings a glob of acid that lands sputtering on the mildewy monster while Amir lands a glancing blow. Faelar moves up to lay a touch of healing upon the bloodied rogue and then the creature is there again. Faelar's wayfinder illuminates the half-seen jaws that narrowly miss Amir. Everyone times their strike once again as it fades from sight and the foul black smoke disperses.
please designate which square you attack.

Round 3
Shroom doom-x
Karethas
Kzrira
Auri
Amir-x
Faelar


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Gotcha, ok will have a few cracks!

R2
Attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Miss?1d100 ⇒ 49
Damage 1d6 ⇒ 4

R3
Attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Miss?1d100 ⇒ 41
Damage 1d6 ⇒ 6


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 52/61; AC25/28; FF17/20; T16; F+8, R+9, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +5)

Round 3
Seeing her first two shots fly wide, Kzrira patiently nocks another arrow and prepares to again fire it at the fun-guy.

Readied action - attack:

Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 21

Wow - almost missed yet again.


map. same except Faelar at H-7

since the phantom is no longer burning, you can't tell where it is exactly. Please tell me which square you are targeting. Fungus (-24) last seen in square J-7


Male Elf Bard - 6

I touch Amir with the wand again, hoping for a better result this time.

Cure Light Wounds (Via Wand) : 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 This isn't even funny anymore. At least it wasn't another 1 though!


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

You need to rub it on the lucky dragon first Fae


Male Elf Bard - 6

I wonder how Auri would feel, if Faelar was to starting rubbing a wand on him ... could send the wrong message! "Behold my wand of ... what are you doing"


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

LOL. That would be both very wrong and very hilarious..."Oh my apologies Sir Dragon, but I read it in a book..."

So I think I have already gone for this round but I concede I am a little lost.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 52/61; AC25/28; FF17/20; T16; F+8, R+9, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +5)

I think just ready an attack. The readied attack should go off immediately before the shroom's attack as it appears. This attack will have a 20% miss chance. Or you can try attacking, but I think that has a 50% miss probability.


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

Right, I think the last readied attack I posted goes off (and misses wildly) in the current round (3 I think). I just didn;t want to post too far ahead of myself.


OK, I was throwing a wrench in the works with the creature moving after its attack. The monster description specifically says, " A moment after it attacks with invisibility, the creature appears briefly as a semi-transparent version of its normal self. This allows any viewer with line of sight to the phantom fungus to pinpoint its location at the time of the attack (though if the creature moves after it attacks, opponents have to pinpoint it again)."

To keep things slightly simple-ish, I said to just decide if you want a full round or readied attack each time it shows up. Full attacks have 50% miss, single readied attack has 20% miss. Your attack occurs right after it show up either way.

To keep it interesting and just mess with you all, I had it move this round now and you have no smoke from Auri's fire to track. You cannot pinpoint it unless you make the efforts described under darkness in the SRD.

Auri and Kzrira need to designate which square to attack or it is randomly determined. HINT: it only took a 5 foot step. Amir has not gone this round, though I can just use your hit with the shortsword above though you still need a 20% miss chance.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 52/61; AC25/28; FF17/20; T16; F+8, R+9, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +5)

Since I already posted it, I will wait with the readied action.


Sheik Voodoo wrote:

map. same except Faelar at H-7

since the phantom is no longer burning, you can't tell where it is exactly. Please tell me which square you are targeting. Fungus (-24) last seen in square J-7

yes... attack was rolled. i'm now saying last chance to designate where you are shooting or it's rolled randomly.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Was just going to wait until it poked up again and attack with te readied standard action; 5' step then SA.


ok, if y'all aren't going to play along... hmmm, better to not mention it moved until after players attack I reckon.

The ghostly jaws appear to Amir's right and tear into his shoulder. -6 hp In the next moment Auri swoops in with a burning stinger and Kzrira's arrow sticks in mid-air. Then there is a slumphing sound as the phantom menace falls to the floor.


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Kzrira cautiously walks over to the dead . . . thing.
What the heck was that thing?

She then looks over at Amir.
We really need to get you some better armor.

Glancing at Faelar: And you need to get that defective wand fixed.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 52/61; AC25/28; FF17/20; T16; F+8, R+9, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +5)

Kzrira lets out a breath as she hears the thing fall to the ground.
What the heck was that . . . thing?

She then looks at Amir bleeding next to the thing.
We need to get you better armor, and perhaps a spiked shield to replace that shortsword.

Finally turning to Faelar.
And we need to get you a new wand that is not broken. Amir was healing almost as fast naturally as what that stick did.

Then, keeping an arrow nocked, she begins to again carefully survey the area trying to determine whether any additional threats exist.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


Male Elf Bard - 6

"You could see it wasn't helping very much as then, could you? It worked okay for Aurichalcum though, hmmm maybe if I give it a quick rub before using it ..." I rub the wand and touchy it to Amir's shoulder again.

Cure Light Wounds (Via Wand) : 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 At last, a good roll on it!

"Do you still hurt; my friend? I have never encountered anything that was so transparent, does anyone have any idea's on how to counter that in the future in case we encounter another being with similar abilities?"


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 52/61; AC25/28; FF17/20; T16; F+8, R+9, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +5)

Kzrira simply shrugs. I need to learn more about this magic stuff. It is apparent that there are many things that will be a tough fight using only arrows.


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37/ 33 NL| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Karethas rubs his chin as he walks over to nudge the form with his toe. "It's a carnivorous fungus, naturally invisible. Well, "natural" in the sense that it is an inbred ability, although I'm sure that some wizard bred it into it at some point."


Kzrira detects no further threats and over several long moments the creature becomes visible. It is a gray-green bulk that is most readily described as a huge pair of jaws on a tripod of fleshy stalks.


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

Indeed its bites were deep, that was a horrible creature! Maybe one more jolt and we will see where I am at?

A shield is bulky and my best fighting is on the run. Better armor is hard to find but we will keep our eyes out. Maybe this magic god has an armory somewhere...


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Auri still looks a little surprised. "Must be magic"

He then continues to investigate the coridoor.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 52/61; AC25/28; FF17/20; T16; F+8, R+9, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +5)

Well, lets search this room and see if there is anything here. Amir, you should probably stay inside the room this time. Does anyone have something that we can spread on the floor to show the tracks of any monster that tries to sneak up on is invisibly?

Kzrira again keeps an arrow nocked, standing and staring at the entrance.

Sense Motive DC12:

Kzrira is starting to sound a little paranoid with these strange magical creatures.


The intersection with the broken statue of the sphinx reveals no further secrets. Back in the room with the tubs and jars there is only the shadowy passage that ends at a wall carved with the All-Seeing Eye.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 52/61; AC25/28; FF17/20; T16; F+8, R+9, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +5)

Ok all, what's up with this eye?

I carefully, and suspiciously, examine the carved eye.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Male Elf Bard - 6

"One more use of the wand, coming up."

Cure Light Wounds (Via Wand) : 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

I watch Kzrira search the room and the eye, "That would be an image of Nethys. He is known as the All-Seeing-Eye and we are in a place of worship of his, so it would make sense to have statues of him here."


Kzrira sees nothing of note.


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37/ 33 NL| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

"I think we have seen that the builders of this place liked secret ways. Those who are more observant should try to see if their is some mechanical way to open a door at the end of this passage, but I believe this one has a more mystical answer." First, he peers at carved eye, looking for any flaws or defects that would indicate an illusion. Next, he places his hands on it, searching for any inscriptions. If he finds none, he speaks aloud, "Nethys, The All Seeing Eye." Finally, he tries one last phrase, though in a hissing, complex language:

Draconic:
"Open in the name of Nethys"

If there is no change, he shrugs and looks to the others.

Edit: Thought of the Draconic thing.


For a moment, Karethas imagines some arcane stirrings beneath his fingers as he speaks a phrase in the language of magic, but the wall is unchanged. Words appear to have no effect.


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37/ 33 NL| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

The young wizard puts a finger to his lips in thought for a moment. "The Draconic is part of it"

Draconic:
"Nethys, The All Seeing Eye."and after a pause, just "The All Seeing Eye"


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 52/61; AC25/28; FF17/20; T16; F+8, R+9, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +5)

Faelar, do you know anything about strange artifacts like this. Seems like it would be in one of those books you read.

Is there a second door we cannot open? I do not recall one, but I might have missed it.


Male Elf Bard - 6

1d20 ⇒ 18 Do I know of any artifacts that are similar to this Eye?

Knowledge (History) : 34
Knowledge (Arcana) : 33

I also start to speak in the same exotic, yet hissing language, "Nethys, fehlim udoka dout tiichir vur petranas ashne mrith udoka dout irthosi."

Draconic:
"Nethys, Grant us your blessing and please share with us your secrets."


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 52/61; AC25/28; FF17/20; T16; F+8, R+9, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +5)

Is there a reason that you all think that the god of magic wants to hear you speaking draconic?


Male Elf Bard - 6

Karethas said Draconic was part of it, so I figured I would try to speak it too. Also Dragons were the first to master magic (If I remember correctly) so surely the most magical language would be Draconic and therefore a language that Nethys would be familiar with?


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

"Oh thats a good idea!" Auri pipes up when hearing his native tongue being spoken aloud, "Let me try, I think the pronumciation may have been off" Auri blinks a few times before locking his gaze on the eye and focusing intently.

Tries to establish a telepathic link to convey the same message Karethas tried


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37/ 33 NL| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Any wizard can take Draconic in the place of one of their native languages. Like Faelar said, it is considered the language of magic.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 52/61; AC25/28; FF17/20; T16; F+8, R+9, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +5)
Sheik Voodoo wrote:
For a moment, Karethas imagines some arcane stirrings beneath his fingers as he speaks a phrase in the language of magic, but the wall is unchanged. Words appear to have no effect.

My question was more directed at that second sentence.


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37/ 33 NL| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Hmmm...did he add that? I'm an idiot!


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 52/61; AC25/28; FF17/20; T16; F+8, R+9, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +5)

Lol - no problem, that was why I was confused about you all continuing to chat in draconic.


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

I have been so confused but I think I am all caught up...


yeah, keep up old man. there's no obvious missed passageways and no, words aren't having any effect.


Male Elf Bard - 6

Kzrira, I just like speaking a language where you have no idea what we are saying :P Either way out of character I read that, but in character I was solely going on what Karethas said. So, where to now?


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Auri flaps up and starts poking and prodding the eye failing any telepathic connections.


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37/ 33 NL| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Karethas looks disappointed, "I'm very suspicious that there is something here, but I have no idea what it is."


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

Yes well unless the dragon finds a lever or a door we are out of options, no?


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37/ 33 NL| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

"There is a spell called Knock, which might be of some use, but of course i don't know...Wait! Don't we have that magic chime? It can work on magical bindings, it may work here. You should try it Amir!"

Yay for remembering the magic item we all seem to forget we have. Well, "yay" if it works.


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

Amir will dig in his pack , find the chime and ring it.


As soon as the magical chime rings, you can visibly see the spell energy whirlpool into the pupil like water down a drain. An instant later the wall crumbled into a thousand little triangular shapes which rain down dramatically yet leave no rubble behind. Beyond the wall is a rough passage that quickly fades into an amber colored mist. An intangible force holds the mist at bay, but does not appear to impede your passage.

keep track of the charges please.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

"Oooh" Auri pushes forward towards the mist beyond.

3,051 to 3,100 of 6,862 << first < prev | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Sheik Voodoo's Katapesh Nights All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.