Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Sheik Voodoo's Katapesh Nights

Game Master voodoo chili

From the City of Bazaars to the City of Brass.


3,001 to 3,050 of 5,861 << first < prev | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | next > last >>

Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Karethas glances over at Faelar and then quietly helps search the room.

PERCEPTION CHECK to assist:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15(4 rank, +1 Wis)


A search of the chamber is quite disappointing unless one has a deep interest in fungus and mold. You find nothing of value, however upon exiting you find another door has appeared on the opposite wall of the sphinx room.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: VERY VERY DEAD/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

That is interesting. Anyone see any other magical doors around?


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

"I say we start with that one." Karethas says with a smile.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: VERY VERY DEAD/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Kzrira frowns at the wizard: You are not funny.


Bluff (11) Perception (10*) Stealth (14) :: Init (+3) :: HP (64) :: F(6)/R(7)/W(3)

Amir chuckles and claps Karethas on the back as he strides to the new door to examine it, Oh I don't know, he amuses me...

Amir will stop and examine the door for any traps, magic, etc.

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: VERY VERY DEAD/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Kzrira looks at the old man and frowns even more. As he starts to examine the door, she joins him in checking the door for anything dangerous or out of the ordinary.

Always good to have a young and sharp set of eyes on the job.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


The other door does not appear to be trapped or noteworthy despite all the attention it receives. It opens easily and inside you find a chamber dominated by three large and empty tubs. Warped and decrepit racks standing along the wall are ringed with shattered ceramics from the fallen vessels they once held. A few stone shelves still bear small jars and bowls. Beyond the tubs, a veil of shadows wavers in an archway.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Auri attempts to peer through the archway...

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


Aurichalcum's heightened dragon senses detect that beyond the veil of shadow in the archway the passage ends at a wall carved with a bas relief plaque featuring a large stylized eye. Meanwhile, Kzrira feels that the stink of mildew has followed from the moldering archive though no one else can smell it.


Male Elf Bard - 6

I follow everyone silently, the loss of the written works obviously a devastating blow. I wipe a tear from my eye before leaving the room to look at the room with the tubs.


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Karethas casts Detect Magic and begins looking through the jars and bowls looking for anything useful or valuable. "Faelar, do you know anything of the alchemical sciences? It might be useful in identifying these substances."


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: VERY VERY DEAD/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Kzrira suddenly stops and sniffs the air, a puzzled look on her face.

Doesn't anyone else smell that mildew? It is like it is following us from the other room.

Faelar or Karethas, do either of you know if it might be something bad?

Kzrira begins to carefully examine the area searching for drafts that might be causing the smell to be following them.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

"It all smells down here; wonder what that eye means?"


Karethas finds four of the old jars contain something magical though to the eye, they appear to hold only a crust of dust and salts. Kzrira finds no source of the smell other than perhaps the opened doors behind them.


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

"Hmmm..." Karethas gathers the four jars and carefully places them in his pack to be identified later. He distractedly sniffs as Kzrira mentions the mildew.

KNOWLEDGE NATURE CHECK:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22(2 rank, +3 class skill, +4 Int)


Male Elf Bard - 6

I look to Karethas and sniff quietly, "I am not learned in the Alchemical procedures, teachings or ingredients. It does sound like something I would like to learn though, maybe there will be a book of it back in Katpaesh, if we return after we have made sure this town is safe again."

I look at Kzrira, Mildew, that follows people? That sounds interesting!"

Knowledge (Nature) : 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

I then turn to look down the corridor, "That eye might mean something, bear with me one moment please Aurichalcum." I put my hand to my chin and think hard about whether I have seen this eye before.

1d20 ⇒ 12
Knowledge (History) : 28
Knowledge (Arcana, Local, Nobility, Religion, Planes) : 27
Knowledge (Any other) : 20


Bluff (11) Perception (10*) Stealth (14) :: Init (+3) :: HP (64) :: F(6)/R(7)/W(3)

This is a queer place and I am eager to be done with it.

Amir stands just outside the chamber propped in the doorway occasionally casting a glance over his shoulder.


Faelar cannot see beyond the shadows , but doesn't have to think hard to realize the sculpture likely represents Nethys, whose titles include the All-Seeing Eye. Karethas places the jars in a safe place for further study and thinks as well.

Karethas:
It is possible that you could be followed unseen by a perambulatory fungus. There are several mobile fungi you could name, but only one that is unseen, phantom fungus.

Amir:
Amir hesitates at entering another strange chamber and remains standing outside. He glances over his shoulder at the mention of mildewy threats and believes he himself smells the odor that Kzrira has mention. Then the smell is overpowering as he sees the faint outline of immense jaws as he is attacked! Amir-11 hp bite

Initiative rolls:

Auri 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Amir 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Karethas 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Faelar 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Kzrira 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Funyun 1d20 ⇒ 6

Round 1
Kzrira
Auri
Karethas
A Fun Guy
Faelar
Amir


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: VERY VERY DEAD/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Round 1

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 <-- Do I see anything?

Hearing Amir scream: Oh heck, I knew the mildew was bad. Karethas and Faelar, what is this?

Kzrira draws back her bow and readies an action to shoot at whatever this Fun Guy is.

Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27<-- I am assuming I am close that 30'. Subtract 1 from att/dam if > 30'
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


apparently you can see init rolls, but no, Kzrira would see nothing even if she was in the same room...


Bluff (11) Perception (10*) Stealth (14) :: Init (+3) :: HP (64) :: F(6)/R(7)/W(3)

Moazeb bash! I have trouble out here!


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: VERY VERY DEAD/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Sorry, I thought that Amir was in the same room we were, just at the entrance.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Is Auri around to see all this taking place?


Male Elf Bard - 6

When did Amir scream? I couldn't find that.

"I have never encountered stalking mildew, nor read about it either, sorry Kzrira."

Noticing that Kzrira has nocked an arrow to her bow string and loosed it, I follow the arrow with my eyes ... what do I see, if anything?


Kzrira getting a little bow happy again :)

As you all ponder the mystery smell, Amir shouts a curse from his vigil outside the doorway. Kzrira notches an arrow and moves over to Auri to get a better view, but sees nothing from her perspective.
shoot the darkness!

map


Male Elf Bard - 6

Ah just seen it, I must be blind!

Hearing Amir shout I look to see what he is shouting at, but can't see anything so I reach to my belt and pull off my Wayfinder, where I then press the button in to make light shine out from the compass.

Light cast as a 5th level spell, so lasts for 50 minutes ... unless my light is sucked away or extinguished again.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: VERY VERY DEAD/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Lol - was about to ask Faelar to light things up with Glitterdust, until I realized that he took mirror image. Oh well.

If I do not see what Amir is yelling about, I remain vigilant with my arrow nocked and ready to fire.

Ready Action to fire as posted above.


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Karethas closing his backpack as he absentminded "Well, there is this fungus that moves and is invisible or something, it's called 'Phantom Fungus' I believe. He looks up wide eyed at Amir's call for help. "Sarenae's light! I already used my spell that reveals hidden creatures!" He runs up to Amir muttering arcane phrases and moving his hand in glowing sigils. As he ends he touches the old rogue, who promptly disappears. "Find it Amir and tell Kzrira where to shoot."


Bluff (11) Perception (10*) Stealth (14) :: Init (+3) :: HP (64) :: F(6)/R(7)/W(3)

Amir casts a glance about as Karethas casts on him, And how should I be seeing this invisible creature that is biting me?


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Karethas eyes widen, "I hadn't really thought about it. I just assumed that you could hear it or something."
The Vanish was really to keep you from getting hit again and to maybe make it trip over you getting to us.


Bluff (11) Perception (10*) Stealth (14) :: Init (+3) :: HP (64) :: F(6)/R(7)/W(3)

YEah that is what I though but then you were like "go find it" and I had to laugh out loud and say something IC


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Auri delays, waiting for the thing to appear and attack again


At Karethas' touch, Amir vanishes as a weird transparent shape appears on the other side of the rogue. The half-seen form appears to be a vegetative tripod topped with massive jaws that strike at the rogue as he disappears. Auri and Kzrira may strike. 20% miss chance.

Round 1
Karethas-x
Kzrira
Auri
A Fun Guy
Faelar
Amir


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Auri shifts to get a clear shot on the creature, then gouts a sheet of flame towards it.

Fire 4d4 ⇒ (2, 4, 4, 3) = 13 (Burning Hands + Burning Magic), Ref Save DC14 for half, and if damaged takes 1pt damage for 1d4 ⇒ 2 rounds.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: VERY VERY DEAD/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Kzrira releases her arrow as posted above.
Attack = 17 + 10 = 27
Damage = 4 + 5 = 9

Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 17
--> and her beautiful shot goes just wide of the creature.


Aurichalcum swoops past Karethas to get a clear shot and a moment later fire licks over the fungal phantom. Kzrira fires a shot past the jam at the door, but her arrow fails to hit. All this does nothing to deter the unseen beast and its jaws savage Amir again as Faelar clearly lights clouds of blood and smoke though the sources are unseen.
Amir-11 hp and you're up.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Kinda hoping its on fire though!


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: VERY VERY DEAD/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Not sure whether I can still see this thing or not. If I can see it, I fire two shots into it. If I cannot see it, I will ready another shot.

Damn. Can someone make that this easier to see?

Attack-rapid shot: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 <-- add +2 if only readied action is allowed
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Attack-rapid shot: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Concealment miss chance if applicable.

Shot 1: 1d100 ⇒ 16
Shot 2: 1d100 ⇒ 92


still waiting on Amir and I know he was around today... >:/ (stern look-icon)


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: VERY VERY DEAD/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

I could sneak into his other game and fire a few warning shots over his bow.


Bluff (11) Perception (10*) Stealth (14) :: Init (+3) :: HP (64) :: F(6)/R(7)/W(3)

I don't think my count loaded earlier on the campaign page...sorry *insert sheepish grin here*

Amir will 5 ft step, pull his weapons and unleash on the thing (or hold until he can):

LMace 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 1 - 2 = 15
DAmage 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3
SA if applicable 1d6 ⇒ 3

SSword 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 1 - 2 = 22
Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
SA if applicable 1d6 ⇒ 6

I cannot take much more of this but I fear to withdraw that it might follow and savage me still...


Amir- if you ready to attack when it's visible there's a 20% miss chance. otherwise, 50% miss chance for each attack please.
I'll assume from your note that you'll wait for it to strike.
NOTE: I reread the description and you attack after it strikes. Also there's still a 20% miss chance and you can only take a standard action on a readied action.


Everyone waits for the thing's reappearance. You can tell it hasn't moved due to the stinking smoke that is concentrated near Amir and then the transparent shape is there again, snapping at the little dragon which is the closest visible target. It misses, but for a moment it's outline is visible presenting a target for the adventurers.

Kzrira fires first, but the smoke and action around the thing ruin her shot. Amir appears at the same instant striking with his mace. Kzira- i'm going to rule it has soft cover from allies in your way. Need Karethas' action and Amir's 20% miss roll for the mace.

Round 2
Karethas
A Fun Guy-x
Kzrira-x
Auri
Amir
Faelar

map.

Fungus (-14) last seen in square J-7


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Auri waits for it to reappear, tail switching about in excitement...


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Karethas grunts as the fungus appears for a second, he hurls a glob of acid at it's disappearing form. "Faelar, heal Amir!"

ACID DART (1 of 7/day) 30ft Ranged Touch Attack:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 Damage:1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 Acid Damage.


Male Elf Bard - 6

Seeing as I have been asked to heal Amir and I cannot think of any other way to help out in this encounter I move as close to him as possible, drawing the wand of healing during my short walk and once I get to him I place the tip of the wand onto Amir's shoulder, where the wand releases the soothing warmth of positive energy.

Cure Light Wounds (Via Wand) : 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 Are you kidding me? SERIOUSLY? Does this wand hate me THAT much?


Faelar Braegen wrote:
Are you kidding me? SERIOUSLY? Does this wand hate me THAT much?

Apparently or at least dicebot does.

Auri- to keep it simple i'll just allow a standard action w/ 20% miss or full action w/ 50% miss after its turn.

Karethas- 20% miss chance


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

1d100 ⇒ 97


Bluff (11) Perception (10*) Stealth (14) :: Init (+3) :: HP (64) :: F(6)/R(7)/W(3)

For last round:
1d100 ⇒ 70

Wait again, then mace it.

1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 1 + 1 = 12
1d100 ⇒ 45
1d6 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 5

3,001 to 3,050 of 5,861 << first < prev | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Sheik Voodoo's Katapesh Nights All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.