Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Sheik Voodoo's Katapesh Nights

Game Master voodoo chili

From the City of Bazaars to the City of Brass.


2,951 to 3,000 of 5,831 << first < prev | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | next > last >>

Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: VERY VERY DEAD/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Amir, prepare to hit it as hard as you can with that mace if it manages to climb up. Faelar, you magic is your weapon here, your blade will be in pieces if you try to stab this stone.

Slightly out of turn, the only difference being I will take a 5-foot step back if it manages to get into a range where it can threaten me.

Round 2
Seeing the stone crack beneath the bludgeoning force of her blunt arrows, Kzrira continues to pull arrows with large blunt heads on them from her quiver.

Attack-rapid shot-blunt: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 1 = 13
Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 1 = 11

Attack-rapid shot-blunt: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 1 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 = 10


Bluff (11) Perception (10*) Stealth (14) :: Init (+3) :: HP (64) :: F(6)/R(7)/W(3)

Readied action to smash on the climb if the thing comes up.


As you watch from above, the sphinx statue continues clawing at the sides of the pit. Fortunately for you, it was not built to climb and will not be leaving the magical pit without assistance... or at least not until Karethas' spell expires.

Kzrira fires another pair of arrows at the statue. Once ricochets off the living statue, but the other leaves a web of cracks behind as it shatters.

Faelar and whatever else you want to do for the remaining rounds of the spell.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: VERY VERY DEAD/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Seeing that the Sphinx is not immune to my arrows, I continue to fire as fast as I can before the pit disappears.

Round 3
Attack-rapid shot-blunt: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 1 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 1 = 8

Attack-rapid shot-blunt: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 1 = 11
Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 = 12

Round 4
Attack-rapid shot-blunt: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 1 = 27
Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 1 = 11

Attack-rapid shot-blunt: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 1 = 12
Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 = 9

Round 5
Attack-rapid shot-blunt: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 1 = 26
Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 = 12

Attack-rapid shot-blunt: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 1 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 = 12

I believe the pit should disappear after Round 5 if it is not dead before.

Let me know if this is not what you wanted.


that's what I wanted. anyone else?


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

"I have no way to dispel its magic, and I bet tooth, claw, and flame would be of little use against the element of stone!"


Male Elf Bard - 6

I would just keep on Inspiring as I don't have any offensive spells to assist in combat and my defensive ones are pretty useless right now.

Bardic Performance : 5 / 14

Obviously if the Statue dies before round 5 then I shall stop performing and adjust my total amount of rounds used.


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Karethas finishes his spell and a Earth Elemental rises up out of the floor.

Terran:
"That statue in the pit is of stone, but has been unnaturally enlivened by some mage. Please attack it!"
The earth elemental's grumbles sound like stone grating on stone, but it melds through the earth below it and appears in the pit to attack the statue.

Elemental Stats AC17 HP 17:

ADD PLUS +4 STR and +4 CON
N Small outsider (earth, elemental, extraplanar)
Init –1; Senses darkvision 60 ft., tremorsense 60 ft.; Perception +4

Defense
AC 17, touch 10, flat-footed 17 (–1 Dex, +7 natural, +1 size)
hp 13 (2d10+2)
Fort +4, Ref –1, Will +3
Immune: elemental traits

Offense
Speed 20 ft., burrow 20 ft., earth glide
Melee slam +6 (1d6+4)
Special Attacks earth mastery

Statistics
Str 16, Dex 8, Con 13, Int 4, Wis 11, Cha 11
Base Atk +2; CMB +4; CMD 13
Feats Improved Bull RushB, Power Attack
Skills Appraise +1, Climb +7, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +1, Knowledge (planes) +1, Perception +4, Stealth +7



Round 3
Slam: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23(-1 Power Attack, +1 Earth Mastery, +1 Faelar's Song)
Damage 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12 (+5 Str x 1 1/2 for only natural attack, +2 power attack, +1 Earth Mastery, +1 Faelar's Song)
Round 4
Slam: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25(-1 Power Attack, +1 Earth Mastery, +1 Faelar's Song)
Damage 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16 (+5 Str x 1 1/2 for only natural attack, +2 power attack, +1 Earth Mastery, +1 Faelar's Song)
Round 5
Slam: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13(-1 Power Attack, +1 Earth Mastery, +1 Faelar's Song)
Damage 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17 (+5 Str x 1 1/2 for only natural attack, +2 power attack, +1 Earth Mastery, +1 Faelar's Song)


being as the pit is an extra dimensional hole, I believe the only way in or out is through the top.

The summoned rockman drops in on the statue as Kzrira keeps firing at the animated statue. The elemental is mauled in the battle, but with the support of the continual rain of arrows, the statue crumbles just before the pit collapses leaving only a pile of rubble on the floor.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: VERY VERY DEAD/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Kzrira looks at the pile of stone: Well, that went better than it could. Great teamwork getting it caught in that pit.

She then scans the area and looks to see whether there is anything else hiding, or of interest.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Unfortunately the dust from the crumbled statue makes her unable to see much of anything.


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Can't we just take 20 to search the room?


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: VERY VERY DEAD/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Yup - or I could take 10 for an 18. Remember, Take-20 always takes a while.


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

We have nothing else to do for the day :-P


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: VERY VERY DEAD/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

There are a lot of things I could do. Visit the Spa de Kelmarane. I really need to have my nails done in a dark blue to match the color of my bow.


Bluff (11) Perception (10*) Stealth (14) :: Init (+3) :: HP (64) :: F(6)/R(7)/W(3)

Amir will take 20 on the room, total of 28

Surely whoever built this place didn't put a violent statue in a room by itself? Amir noses around the place thoroughly to discover if there is anything of interest.

I really think Kzrira should go for a complimentary color so there is a little extra pizzazz as she knocks and loose.


orange compliments blue quite well.

In the rubble of the sphinx statue you find shards of mithral that once lined the jaws. Other wise the room seems barren except that Amir finds some plaster flakes along the southern wall that he can't match to the seemingly new wall.

Amir:
will save


Bluff (11) Perception (10*) Stealth (14) :: Init (+3) :: HP (64) :: F(6)/R(7)/W(3)

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Bluff (11) Perception (10*) Stealth (14) :: Init (+3) :: HP (64) :: F(6)/R(7)/W(3)

Sigh...


Odd thing that bit of displaced plaster.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Auri will similarly spend a bit of time examining whats left of the statue, in case it was more significant than just being a guardian (of what though?)


Bluff (11) Perception (10*) Stealth (14) :: Init (+3) :: HP (64) :: F(6)/R(7)/W(3)

There is some plaster here... Amir waves at a spot on the floor then shrugs, Abadar knows what it means. Probably more magical nonsense.


Male Elf Bard - 6

I walk over to the piece of floor and look at it, then understand what Amir was hinting at.

I cast Detect Magic on the plaster.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: VERY VERY DEAD/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Seeing the investigation of the plaster and being concerned about something attacking us, I step back and draw a regular arrow, ready to fire should anything appear.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Kzrira looks peculiarly at Amir - Why did you just curse in the name of Abadar? Faelar, stay away from there.


Faelar:
give me a will save


Bluff (11) Perception (10*) Stealth (14) :: Init (+3) :: HP (64) :: F(6)/R(7)/W(3)

Amir tilts his head at Kzrira, It's just some dust or something. All I said was that only the gods know why something so random would be here. It won't hurt Faelar, what is wrong with you?


Male Elf Bard - 6

Will Save : 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
17 against Enchantment Spells and effects.
19 against Bardic Performances, Sonic and Language Dependant effects.
21 against both at the same time.


Faelar detects no obvious concentrated magic beyond the decaying dweomers that fill the ruins. Amir swears there is something odd about the wall. His fingers itch, but he just can't riddle it out.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: VERY VERY DEAD/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Dammit - put up a post an hour ago, and it is not here.

Kzrira looks at Amir, and now Faelar, with suspicion. I think both of you should step away from that plaster and sit down on the other side of the room. I would prefer if you gave me your weapons as well.

As she is saying this, Kzrira switches from her regular arrows to a blunt arrow knowing that she can use them to knock someone out without killing them.

Karethas and Auri, can either of you detect some type of magic on either of them. Something just does not feel right.


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Karethas looks at Kzrira with his eyes narrowed in skepticisim, "I'm sure that mean wall didn't do anything to our friends. Amir often refers to Abadar in his speech, but I will cast detect magic on them if that will allay your suspicions." He casts Detect Magic and examines his friends. Afterwards he turns to the remenants of the statue and collects the mithral shards. "Amir, you'll have to assess what this amount is worth later."


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

"Magic plaster?"


Neither Amir or Faelar appear to have any spells upon them as far as you can tell.

Auri:
give me a will save.


Bluff (11) Perception (10*) Stealth (14) :: Init (+3) :: HP (64) :: F(6)/R(7)/W(3)

Amir turns his head to Karethas and takes the shards of mithril talking out loud as he stows the metal, This is ridiculous, the wizard is right, I often speak of Abadar, I am a worshipper of his ways. Regardless it's dust, cast off from some project or construction, it's presence is odd not sinister. Amir frowns at the woman, Maybe I should take YOUR weapons... The rogue waves jokingly at Kzrira as though to st aside her concerns and looks after Auri, What say you, dragon?


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Will save 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Better write a Will!


Amir gathers the shards of mithral under Kzrira's suspicious gaze. Aurichalcum sniffs at the conspicuous flakes of plaster, but finds nothing amiss. Perhaps the other passage will be of greater interest.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: VERY VERY DEAD/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Boom Boom - Fireworks for Voodoo's 3000th post.

Kzrira continues to watch her companions suspiciously.


Bluff (11) Perception (10*) Stealth (14) :: Init (+3) :: HP (64) :: F(6)/R(7)/W(3)

If it bothers you why don't you come inspect it for yourself?


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Karathas sighs that everyone is still discussing the evil plaster. He stands from collecting the mithral and walks over examine it, picking at the loose plaster.
Will save I assume? WILL SAVE: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26(4 Base, +1 Wis, +1 Cloak) That's how saves are done!


Karethas' magical training proves helpful. The wall next to the fallen plaster shows no evidence of the expected staining and cracking that the other walls show. Obviously there is magic involved. There are spells to resist the effects of time, but why only ward this one wall.

Closer inspection reveals that all is not as it appears. An illusory wall conceals the true wall behind it which is the source of the crumbling plaster and holds a concealed door.

3K and almost 1 year! this game is catching up to my older Freebooter game. Thanks for staying with it.


Bluff (11) Perception (10*) Stealth (14) :: Init (+3) :: HP (64) :: F(6)/R(7)/W(3)

Happy to do it, great game...

This evil plaster.convo is hilarious to me.

There, see? Amr gestures at Karethas.


Male Elf Bard - 6

I look over to Kzrira with a look of concern played across my face, "You are acting very strange, its just a wall. You are not suffering from a case of paranoia are you? I am sure the wall isn't going to hurt us or make us use our weapons against you or anything else. Maybe you should get some more sleep later?"

I am thoroughly enjoying this game and can't believe it has nearly been a year already!


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: VERY VERY DEAD/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

I am having a blast. And not being very magically inclined yet, Kzrira finds this plaster in a strange place very weird. Being a magic temple she took the logical assumption that there was bad magic. Ok, so she was wrong.

Kzrira looks rather sheepish. Sorry, perhaps I should learn more about magic.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

"Suppose the other coridoor looks interesting... not much here!"


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

"Hmmm...it seems I should pay more attention to Amir's hunches. This strange plaster is just a flaw in an illusionary wall. It conceals a door here. It's certain to hide something of interest."

This game has been awesome! It really is hard to believe that we have been at this for a year. I laughed a lot at the plaster conversation too.


nothing like random dice rolling to strike fear in the heart of the doughty adventurer.
the plaster. it's coming for you, Kzrira.
so through the door, down the corridor, rest, or something else.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

"Oh...?"

Auri doubles back to investigate...


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: VERY VERY DEAD/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

My last comment should have been after Karethas told us about the illusion, sorry about that.

Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 <-- in case needed

So, what is behind the imaginary wall? More pieces of plaster to confuse me?


Bluff (11) Perception (10*) Stealth (14) :: Init (+3) :: HP (64) :: F(6)/R(7)/W(3)

Ahh magic, it never cease to be a pain in the rear end. That said, when I was a young man learning of traps, devices and magical constructs it was always said "If magic hides it, its worth something to someone". So I am eager to see what we might find.


The elusive door finally revealed to all behind a shadowy wall of illusion, Amir checks for traps and forces open the swollen door. Lantern light reveals the wealth beyond... now moldering.

A crack in the ceiling drips water likely from the drained pool you saw in the colonnade. The centuries of moisture have spoiled what appears to be a scriptorium. Slate-topped tables and crumbling cedar stools and shelves once surely held scrolls and a wealth of arcane lore, but now feed a fungal topiary.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: VERY VERY DEAD/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

I look over at Faelar, sadness in my eyes.

I am sorry Faelar, I think we arrived a few years too late for most of these, but perhaps some have survived.

With that, I begin to search through the mess seeing if there is anything that survived. I also keep an eye out for

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 <-- +2 more if involving gnolls


Male Elf Bard - 6

Seeing all of the fungal covered scroll remnants, tears start to well up in my eyes, but I manage to hold them back, feeling as if my tears would ruin any scrolls that are not damaged. I then quietly help Kzrira look through the mess, obviously too upset to speak.

Use Detect Magic in the room.
Perception : 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

2,951 to 3,000 of 5,831 << first < prev | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Sheik Voodoo's Katapesh Nights All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.