Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Sheik Voodoo's Katapesh Nights

Game Master voodoo chili

From the City of Bazaars to the City of Brass.


2,901 to 2,950 of 6,988 << first < prev | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | next > last >>

Male Elf Bard - 6

Sorry, trying to get my internet fixed, but it is being a royal pain.

I look to both the East and West, trying to work out which way to turn but being unsuccessful. I turn to look at Kzrira as she mentions sending the puppies down a possibly trapped passage, my face showing my concern for the animals and disapproval of her idea.

I then turn to face West, "I don't want to get hurt anymore, so I say stay away from the corridor that may hurt us a lot and go for the safer one."


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 52/61; AC25/28; FF17/20; T16; F+8, R+9, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +5)

Seeing Faelar's face - It does not have to be puppies, summoned rats or crows work just as well for setting off traps.


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 29 of 37/ 0 NL| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Karethas sighs quietly, "Well, if we KNEW there was a trap there, then I may use a creature to spring it. That is, if we knew that it would disarm the trap. I am not, however using a spell to send a creature down a hallway because I surmise that there MAY be a trap there."

Shouldn't Amir look down there first?


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

"I'll go" offers Auri cheerfully as he heads down the West hall.


The little dragon glides down the narrow stairway and lands at the edge of the small 20x20 room beyond. He senses little in the room except for thick dust and cobwebs. In fact, the only item of interest is an odd statue in an alcove across from him that resembles a woman with a winged lioness' body.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Flapping up into the air, he closes in at about face height to investigate it... "A nice statue in here!"


Auri-now you're just channeling Faelar. Perception check, please.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Had to break the deadlock of indecision :p besides, with all his Dragon senses and epic 120' darkvision, great saves and a bit of SR, hes a great minesweeper...

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


Auri:
Init Auri 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22, Statue1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
As Aurichalcum flitters over to the strange marble statue, it suddenly lunges toward him with monstrous jaws lined with razor sharp metal teeth.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

"IT'S A TRAP!"

Auri withdraws back towards the party at full tilt...


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 52/61; AC25/28; FF17/20; T16; F+8, R+9, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +5)

Hearing the scream from the wee dragon in my head, I aim my bow at the top of the stairs and ready an action to fire as soon as anything except Auri appears.

Attack(bow): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28 <-- add +1 to attack & damage if < 30
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


There is a crash behind the swiftly fleeing dragon who appears panting at the top of the stairs in an instant. No trace of danger follows, however.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

"Statue, came to life. I never touched it!"


Male Elf Bard - 6

Hmmm, so I can be channeled now? Definitely a most interesting thought :)

I watch Auri fly off and hear the scream of a trap. Once I see him at the top of the stairs and hearing what he said I look excited, "A living statue, did it talk, what happened, please tell me ... oh, you weren't hurt were you?"

1d20 ⇒ 12 What do I know of moving statues?
Knowledge (Arcana, Local, Planes, Religion) : 27
Knowledge (History) : 28
Knowledge (Dungeoneering, Engineering) : 20


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

"Marble statue, but big gnashy metal teeth"


Faelar:
There are of course many, many things it might be, from gargoyles and elementals that might resemble statues to spell animated statues to golems. Hard to say which this might be from such a basic description.


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 29 of 37/ 0 NL| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

"Auri, did it actually move from it's base or did it just reach out and get you?"


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

"It lunged, I flew. It hasn't followed so far though..." he snakes his head back towards the coridoor to check he isn't being followed.


Whether Aurichalcum's encounter was real or imagined, there is currenly nothing but silence from beyond the stairs.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 52/61; AC25/28; FF17/20; T16; F+8, R+9, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +5)

Well, I can stay at the top of the steps, can you go down again slowly and see if it is still there, if it follows you back, I will start shooting.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

"I shall".

Auri begins flapping his way back slowly...


Aurichalcum descends the stairs a second time and finds the room in the same state he first found it; the strange statue unmoved from its alcove.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

"It's still here"


Male Elf Bard - 6

I look to Kzrira, "Can I go and see it ... please? I might know what it is and may shed some light on the situation."

If I am allowed to go and see the statue I will move up to Auri and look into the room.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 52/61; AC25/28; FF17/20; T16; F+8, R+9, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +5)

I look over at Faelar: You are welcome to do whatever you want. However, I would think you would want to be very careful if this stone statue does actually come to life.

I wave Faelar forward while advancing down the stairs behind him with my bow still nocked and ready to fire as soon as I seen anything dangerous.


Traveling down the stairs, Faelar comes to the threshold and peers over Aurichalcum into the chamber. The light of the lantern reveals what is obviously a statue of a gynosphinx in the alcove across the room.


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 29 of 37/ 0 NL| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Once Faelar returns Karethas speaks up, "So something like that is likely not to be hurt much by teeth, arrows, or swords, though Amir's mace might hurt it. I can summon another elemental to bash it, but that will be my last one. I can also use my acid darts, which may be useful. If it moves from its pedestal then I can create a pit under it that will keep it out of our faces for a few moments, but will only do a little harm to it. So
All that said, any other ideas to deal with this thing?"


Male Elf Bard - 6

I look to Karethas, "Although I would enjoy conversing with the creature, I doubt it would be able to respond and if us going over there is going to hurt it, then I say we go the other way and do not injure it or ourselves."


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 29 of 37/ 0 NL| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

"We won't know what's in the room until we can search it."


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 52/61; AC25/28; FF17/20; T16; F+8, R+9, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +5)

Kzrira continues to stay toward the bottom of the steps watching to see if anything moves.

From what you all have said, this place is alive with magic. If that is so, then I think that we need to search and see what is to be found. There is a Carrion King out there somewhere, and I imagine that he would be very happy if we were to show up on his doorstep unprepared.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Maybe just dont get too close? Auri suggests.


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

This place has all the trappings of a play house or a bard's tale. Do be careful Faelar...


anybody going anywhere?


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 52/61; AC25/28; FF17/20; T16; F+8, R+9, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +5)

Auri, how close did you get to that monster before it started attacking you?


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

"I got fairly close...perhaps too close; within striking range it seems" Auri has another look around the room, giving the statue a wide berth.

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


ok, i take it you aren't just 'looking' with your eyes.

The little dragon inspects the chamber once again keeping away from the troubling sphinx statue. In the center of the room, he notes that the dust and rubble have been pushed away, perhaps by the statue's lunge at him and then the statue moves again!

Initiative rolls:

Auri 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Amir 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Karethas 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Faelar 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Kzrira 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
sphinx 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Round 1
Amir
Auri
Karethas
Stone Sphinx
Kzrira
Faelar

map.


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

Amir pulls his weapons and sets a readied action ro charge if the.creature xontinues to advance. Sorcery, at every turn,.do we flee or fight?


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 52/61; AC25/28; FF17/20; T16; F+8, R+9, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +5)

I do not know how useful my arrows will be although I have some blunt ones. If I had to guess, something big heavy and blunt will be more effective, like your mace.

What do you know about this thing Faelar or Karethas? What will work against it?

Round 1 - unless some other tactic is advised by the knowledgable ones
If the consensus is not to flee, I fire my bow using Blunt arrows unless advised to use something else.

Attack-rapid fire-blunt arrows:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Attack-rapid fire-blunt arrows:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 29 of 37/ 0 NL| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Karethas begins an unfamiliar spell and a large pit opens up in the center of the room before the animated statue. "Stay and fight, this will hold it of for a moment."

Cast Create Pit in the four squares before the creatures alcove. This should cut it off from going forward unless it can jump or fly. If it ends its turn adjacent to the pit, then it must make a DC 15 reflex save, or fall in and take 2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5 falling damage and land in the prone position. Duration 4 rounds.
KNOWLEDGE ARCANA CHECK:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31(4 rank, +3 class skill, +4 Int)
KNOWLEDGE DUNGEONEERING CHECK:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20(2 rank, +3 class skill, +4 Int)


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

Thank goodness Karethas goes before thesphinx in init or the in game resolution of sphinx advancing/readied action/pit making could have been bad bad bad ;-p


Male Elf Bard - 6

1d20 ⇒ 18

Knowledge Check on the Statue :
History : 34
Arcana, Local, Planes, Religion : 33
Dungeoneering : 26

Seeing the pit that has now been made, I cast a familiar spell. the area of the pit becomes slick with grease.

Cast Grease, hopefully that will make the reflex save even harder to overcome.


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 29 of 37/ 0 NL| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

I got this Amir. I wouldn't have put it up if I thought you'd fall down.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Auri delays until end of round


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

Oh I know it I meant itlike.from an observerers perspective....like watching a movie, it would be.sorta funny.


Amir draws his weapons as soon as he spots the sphinx statue crouch to pounce on the brave little dragon. Suddenly a pit appears before it causing it to slide unexpectedly into the darkness below. Karethas and Faelar recognize that it is of course an animated statue. Not powerful to be a stone golem, but likely a strange form of caryatid column. These guardian statues usually take the form of a column carves in a female form and armed with a magical blade. The stone is enchanted to shatter any blade used against them.

From the pit there is the sound of grating stone on stone, but the sphinx fails to reach the top of the pit.

Auri delayed, Kzrira and Faelar can maintain or change actions if they like.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 52/61; AC25/28; FF17/20; T16; F+8, R+9, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +5)

I will fire the blunt arrows as posted to see if they have any affect.


Male Elf Bard - 6

"I wouldn't use blades on this creature, well Statue. It has a tough skin that shatters any blade that touches it!

I will then begin an inspiring performance, singing about the beauty of life, peace and friendship.

Inspire Courage +1 : 1/14


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Auri will just delay until something obvious he can actually do occurs :p


Kzrira fires into the pit at the living statue trapped below. Her first arrow merely shatters against the stone, but the other leaves a web of cracks upon impact. Faelar provided the soundtrack.

Round 2
Amir
Auri
Karethas
Stone Sphinx
Kzrira
Faelar


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 29 of 37/ 0 NL| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

"You have to hit it hard to do any damage to that stone!" Karethas begins the complicated gestures of another summoning.

I'm going to be mostly spent on offensive spells after this fight.

2,901 to 2,950 of 6,988 << first < prev | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Sheik Voodoo's Katapesh Nights All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.