Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Sheik Voodoo's Katapesh Nights

Game Master voodoo chili

From the City of Bazaars to the City of Brass.


2,851 to 2,900 of 6,255 << first < prev | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | next > last >>

Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Is there any way around the portal? Not sure whether you mentioned another way around in a previous post.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

"Think the Lion was playing with this block"


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

I cannot tell you until I can look at it. Until we figure out how to get around this trapped portal, I cannot see what you have there.


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Karethas stands back up and looks around the area carefully, "Well, if we are not able to bypass the effect by subterfuge, perhaps the builders included a way to by pass it?" Looking at the images to either side of the doorway, Karethas rubs his finger along the line of his cheek. "Arcanotheign....hmmmm? Pure energy....The pool at the front of the shrine sucked in my light spell." With the last sentence, Karethas raises his eyebrows and begins to experiment while using Detect Magic to examine the spells on the doorway. First he casts Light on his ring, if he sees no change then he casts the spell on the doorway, and then on the image of Arcanotheign next to the doorway.


Karethas' further attempts come to naught. Perhaps if he had stayed in school...


Male Elf Bard - 6

Sorry I haven't posted, internet has been playing up.

I also look at the women, trying to see if I can recognise any particular magical energies about them.

Detect Magic
Knowledge (Arcana) : 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32


Faelar puts his vast arcane knowledge to use as he gazes upon the strange magical energies that flow through the shrine and emanate from the doorway and carvings on either side. The shrine is evidently marking a location with strange magical properties that have had unpredictable effects on spells cast long ago. The Arcanotheign door appears to have varying warding spells activating a teleportation effect which Aurichalcum narrowly avoided as he flew through.


Male Elf Bard - 6

I pass on the information I can gather about the shrine and door. But await to see how people think we can pass.


It is likely that passing the threshold will risk the magic that wards it. However, Aurichalcum did notice another passage from the trapdoor room that leads back to the pool room.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Kzrira looks at her companions.

Anyone have an idea how to get through this entry?


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

The other door? Karethas says with a wry look.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

"Well there is this other passage, hang on I will come around" Auri follows the side passage to ensure it really does double back to the others.


A couple moments later Aurichalcum rejoins you after returning to the colonnade chamber and backtracking down the middle passage.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Kzrira looks surprised at the return of the dragon.

So, we can simply traverse around this portal and get to the middle of the room without risking being teleported elsewhere?


Bluff (11) Perception (10*) Stealth (14) :: Init (+3) :: HP (64) :: F(6)/R(7)/W(3)

I wonder if we might want to go where the teleport spell leads? Probably not...


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

That is the question, is it not. Where does it lead? It could be to a room filled with beautiful concubines, or a room devoid of air, or a room under water, or filled with fire, or a room filed with evil Janni with big axes, or who know what. You are welcome to be the Guinea pig if you want, but I would prefer making sure that my next step is not my last.


Bluff (11) Perception (10*) Stealth (14) :: Init (+3) :: HP (64) :: F(6)/R(7)/W(3)

Amir simply turns to Kzrira and sticks his tongue out at her.

Shall we follow Auri's trail back and see what resides in this other room?


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Karethas nods at Amir and walks back down the hallway casting Mage Armor on himself as he goes.


Using the other entrance to the room you suffer no mishaps and find yourself in a small plain chamber with the tilted block in the center of the room. Deep grooves have been scratched into the block as if some large cat had attempted to pull it from its position, but only succeeded in wedging it more tightly in place.


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Karethas kneels and examines the wedged stone. "I may be able to get this open. The earth elementals I summon are strong, and one could even pass through this block to lift it from underneath and maybe get a position of better leverage."

Voodoo can a Knowledge Engineering check help estimate what kind of strength it would take to dislodge the stone or maybe a better way of going about it? If so then here's a check: KNOWLEDGE ENGINEERING CHECK:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10(1 rank, +3 class skill, +4 Int) Nice roll!


Bluff (11) Perception (10*) Stealth (14) :: Init (+3) :: HP (64) :: F(6)/R(7)/W(3)

It would seem our cat friend had an objective. Let us see what was worth his.life to hide...


I'm thinking a Str check DC 25. seeing as y'all are seriously lacking muscle power, i was looking for a creative solution. the earth elemental is a good call. i'll allow you to stack Str modifiers as well.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

"I like the Elemental idea, try that one!"


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Perhaps Faelar could make it real slippery like he has done to enemies, and us while trying to escape enemies, in the past. That might make it easier.

Knowledge(engineering)(assist): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Karethas rubs his chin, "The Grease spell lacks some ability to limit WHERE on an item you want to place the grease, but it is a good idea. Lamp oil should serve the same purpose, but be easier to place so as not to disturb the grips of those trying to lift the stone. Also, a crowbar, a chisel and hammer, or any other such tools would be handy. Would anyone have lamp oil and tools?"


Male Elf Bard - 6

I look to everyone trying to find a way to move the rock, "If you insist; my dear Kzrira, I will be happy to oblige." With that I perform some gestures and incantations familiar to Karethas and the rock becomes slick with a greasy coating.

I look to Karethas, "My only tools are those to record information on and I could not let you use them for this task I am afraid."


Bluff (11) Perception (10*) Stealth (14) :: Init (+3) :: HP (64) :: F(6)/R(7)/W(3)

Ive been pretty lazy about tracking itbut if we can agree I have my backpack I have a crowbar, hammer and pitons. With that we could basically crack the block and use the elemental to shift the chunks to pry and lift.


Faelar casts his spell and unfortunately finds the situation just as a wiser Karethas warned; the block is too slippery for anyone to grasp.

grease would cover the entire block which would not be helpful (don't take magic advice from a fighter). speaking of poor tracking of geaar, there was a wand of Bull Str out there as well. Currently i'll give you +5 for the elemental from below, +2 crow bar and +1 str for both Amir and Kzrira= Str check +9


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

I have a flask of oil and the lantern, not sure whether the oil was needed for the lantern when we lit it before entering the cave - or whether one of the magic types cast light.

Karethas, didn't you get a wand that will make us stronger from the Janni? That might make the difference, and if there is something nasty hiding under this, Amir will already by strengthened when we face it. I say lets use one charge on Amir and then we can try to shift this stone.

After (assuming) Karethas uses the Wand of Strength on Amir, the bonus should be +11.

Strength: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

EDIT - removed the Bull's Strength

Followed by Karethas' rolls.


Male Elf Bard - 6

Normally I wouldn't take advice on magical means from a combat class ... but this is Faelar. So far everything Kzrira has said has made sense and been quite accurate, why would this time be any different? Ah, how I enjoy role-playin so.


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Wand is now noted on my gear. I don't think we want to use that for here because it would be better as a battle buff. The elemental will last for 6 rounds with Genie Caller, so call it five rounds of lifting after giving it directions and it getting into place?

Karethas patiently waits for the Grease spell to expire and for everyone to get into position. "We are only going to have the elemental for about half a minute, so no room for lazy bones." he says while waggling a finger at Amir and Kzrira. He rubs his hands together and begins the summoning spell. The elemental rises quietly from the stone floor.

Terran:
"Be a good fellow and help us lift that stone out of the hole?"

The elemental melds back into the stones and shortly there are sounds of stone rubbing against stone from below.

Strength Checks:
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Edit:So much Ninjaing!


yeah, oil is in the lantern and not needed anyway.

Amir and Kzrira feel noticeably more powerful when the magic of the bronze horned wand is applied. With Amir plying his crowbar and the summoned elemental pushing from below, the three manage to first rock the block and then with a final shove, it rolls free revealing the room below.

By the lantern light directed into the hole, you see another chamber. About 25 feet directly below, you see a mosaic in the image of the All-Seeing Eye. In each of the four corners, you can just make out a statue.

whoa, a squad of ninjas! Too late, I went with Kzrira's original plan as the most efficient.


Male Elf Bard - 6

Kzrira removed the addition of the Bulls Strength, so the wand shouldn't have been used.

"I am not comfortable about going first anymore, as each time I have gotten over-excited I have been hurt as the result. Who would like to drop down first?"


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Sorry, seemed like a good choice at the time. Should only be 1 charge of the wand used since it was only on Amir. We could probably have done it another way, but I do not think that this will be fatal.

I look to the others. If someone can cast light on a rock or something we can tie to the end of the rope, or drop down the hole, I will go. I do not have great night vision, so I will need some light source and would prefer to not be carrying a lantern if I need to use my bow.

I look over to Amir: Or you can go first with your new muscles if you wish.

I also glance back at Faelar: A wise decision if you want to live long enough to read all the books you are collecting. Too many swords really make enjoying books difficult.


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Karethas casts Light on a small stone and drops it down into the room. He looks up at the others, "I have noted that most of you have a silly tendency to put yourselves in harm's way. That is not a problem for myself, of course." He smiles as he patiently waits for someone to go down the hole.


Male Elf Bard - 6

I look to Kzrira, "My kind have a very long life span, but unfortunately swords can shorten my expected life span significantly and quite unexpectedly." I then turn to face Karethas, "I admit sometimes my desire for reading has put me into situations I would not normally step into and I am hoping that I can control myself better from now on."

I will go down after Amir and Kzrira, but before Karethas. I just step into the hole and slowly float down to the bottom of the shaft safely.


Bluff (11) Perception (10*) Stealth (14) :: Init (+3) :: HP (64) :: F(6)/R(7)/W(3)

After seeing to rope tie off and what not Amir will lead the way.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

"I'll follow Amir. The traps down here may well be magical, and that doesn't seem to bother me too much. I'm probably too light to set off any man traps though, so thats someone elses job!"

Auri potters after Amir.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Once Amir is down, I follow after Auri.


yep, one charge on Amir did the trick.

Sliding down the rope to the lower level, you find yourself in the center of a square 25' x 25' room. In each corner, a rounded alcove holds a ten foot tall statue. A broad passage leads east and another west down narrow stairs.

The statue to the NW depicts Nethys in his benign guise as a richly decorated pharaoh. Opposite this statue in the SE corner is a skeletal form in rotting robes. To the SW is a winged figure wearing a Nethian mask and holding a trumpet. Opposite this figure in the NE corner is the malign aspect of Nethys, scarred and consumed in arcane flames.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Auri detects magic and begins sweeping the room slowly...


The lower level of the shrine is also permeated by powerful ancient magics that have faded over the long centuries leaving a melange of magic that makes it difficult to pick out any particular aura. However, it does seem that the eastern passage radiates the more potent auras.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Once I climb down I look around the room. Interesting. Could this be the faces of Nethys through the elements? The rich pharaoh Nethys being water, the wealth and lifeblood of the desert. The skeletal being earth, where the dead are buried. Wings being flight and air. And finally, fire being the chaotic and evil uses to which magic can be put.


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Karethas regards each statue in turn. He nods absently at Kzrira's comments adding, "To me it is more significant that the two more benign aspects are to the west and the more menacing ones are to the east. The magical auras may be a trap to the east.Thus I suggest we go west."


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

"Magic all around us, we are immersed in the powers of the ancients... perhaps Sarenrae has guided me here? Perhaps some transformative powers to help me age and grow!?" He seems rather excited.


Bluff (11) Perception (10*) Stealth (14) :: Init (+3) :: HP (64) :: F(6)/R(7)/W(3)

You think she sent you to Nethys to gain your power? That seems...complicated. Nonetheless I suppose we shall see...where shall we go?


the all-seeing eye watches and waits...at least until Faelar bumbles ahead and nearly gets killed again ;)


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

"I'm just guessing. Who knows how these mysteries work..."


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Karethas raises an eyebrow at Amir, "I suggested west. Unless someone has an overwhelming need to go east? When we come back I would suggest a close examination of the passage to the east before traveling it. That is, if these statues are any indication."


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Perhaps this would be a good time for one of your summoned creatures Karethas. We could send one of the puppies down the passage. If it is magically trapped, I would assume that the traps would be released.

After saying this, Kzrira simply shrugs indicating that while she is attempting to help, most of this magical stuff is a little outside of her ken of knowledge.

2,851 to 2,900 of 6,255 << first < prev | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Sheik Voodoo's Katapesh Nights All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.