Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Sheik Voodoo's Katapesh Nights

Game Master voodoo chili

From the City of Bazaars to the City of Brass.


2,751 to 2,800 of 6,504 << first < prev | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | next > last >>

Male Elf Bard - 6

"I know of History, Religion and even some Local legends, maybe they are related to this statue somehow?"

Knowledge (History) : 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23
Knowledge (Religion) : 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35
Knowledge (Local) : 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25


The heroically proportioned figure is badly eroded, but close inspection reveals that it was carved wearing archaic robes and strangely a faint line bisects the figure longitudinally as if the right and left side were not symmetrical.

This clues Faelar that this must be a statue of Nethys, the God-King of Magic who originated in Ancient Osirion and is worshiped throughout Garund.


Male Elf Bard - 6

"Ah, this is a statue to Nethys, he was the God-king of ... what was it ... oh yes, magic! Hmm, this means there could even be some old, preserved magical texts in here?" I look like I cannot contain myself, "We should go in now, come on!" With that I bravely (and stupidly) try to lead the way into the building.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

"Oooh, perhaps Nethys might have some clues on how to grow a Dragon..." Auri does his best 'cat sneaking past the owners feet when they open a door' impression, keen to get at the structure.


The full moon above lights the valley well enough, but all is darkness beyond the entrance of the shrine.

Perception DC 20:
There is the slightest rumbling growl of anticipation from the darkness.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Auri tenses up and freezes in place "We aren't alone"


how true. still need everyone to make a perception check for surprise : )


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37/ 33 NL| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

PERCEPTION CHECK:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24(4 rank, +1 Wis)
Karethas' eyes widen.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 56/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Yup, we have company.

Kzrira already has an arrow nocked as she looks to discern wherefrom the noise originated.


Male Elf Bard - 6

Perception : 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

"Why is it so dark?! Ooh, I know, lets see ... where is it?"


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Ah yes.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 56/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Now that we all have wasted our good rolls on Survival, Knowledge and Perception get ready for some critical misses in combat.


The growl becomes a ROAR as a large shadow leaps from the blackness within the shrine. It has concealment until it goes- 50% miss.

bah, that's no fun. ok everyone up for the surprise round 'cept Faelar.

Initiative rolls:

Auri 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Amir 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Karethas 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Faelar 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Kzrira 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Lion 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Surprise
Kzrira
Lion
Auri
Faelar-x
Karethas
Amir


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 56/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Ah look, a little kitty. Faelar, you got one of those fake snakes or dogs or whatever?

Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 <-- extra +1 if < 30'
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 <-- extra +1 if < 30'

Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 12

Was thinking about trying a little Wild Empathy, but figured that was just a good way to give it a free attack.


Kzrira quickly releases her shot into the heart of the darkness, but it passes through the outstretched claws of the massive Katapeshi lion that leaps forward onto the oblivious bard. There is a blur of silver as the white mane glimmers in the moonlight and then the lion is on the elf. One shield sized claw slashes Faelar and pulls him toward its dagger like fangs. Faelar -8, grappled.
map

Surpise cont.
Auri
Karethas
Amir
Rd. 1
Kzrira
Lion


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37/ 33 NL| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

"Faelar!" Karethas cries out. He begins the arcane gestures and incantations for a familiar spell. Faelar is quickly covered in a thick layer of grease. "Slip away from it!"

Cast Grease on Faelar.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Auri flits in, attacking the Lion.

Attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Damage 1d6 ⇒ 4


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37/ 33 NL| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Sorry, forgot to say that Grease will give Faelar +10 to his CMD and attempts to escape grapples.


Male Elf Bard - 6

"Huh, what are all you talki ... OW! What the?! What is this thing and where did it come from?!" I try to wriggle free of the large cat's claws but am unable to do so, then all of a sudden with a shout from Karethas I am all slippery and nearly lose my footing. Luckily the cat is holding me so I do go down ... (Wait did I just say "luckily" the cat is holding me?!)

Round 1 :

I try to slip free of this large cat and its claws, using as much use of the Grease as I can to get away.

Escape Artist : 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16 (Already added in the + 10 from Karethas' Grease.)

Yup, I remain being the cats toy!
Hit Points : 17 / 25
Armour Class : 15
CMD : 14 (24 with Grease)


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

During the surprise, Amir attempts to move himself into the best possible position for the flank with the dragon, pulling his mace and sword as he moves.Acro 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25


Aurichalcum dives at the great cat and scorches it with a burning sting. Karethas casts a spell to make Faelar a greasy snack hoping the lion is on a diet. Amir skirts the action rolling to the side of the beast.

dragon? this lion just got an upgrade : )

Round 1
Kzrira
Lion
Auri
Faelar
Karethas
Amir


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 56/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Seeing her first arrow miss, Kzrira draws back her bow and fires two more shots at the giant lion.

Get out of there Faelar, I doubt I will be able to take him down fast enough if you do not.

I assume no bless from Auri yet?

Attack-rapid shot: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Attack-rapid shot: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Sheik Voodoo wrote:
dragon? this lion just got an upgrade : )

I think he meant flanking with Auri.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Not yet, bit first, asking questions later!


Two arrows fly from Tempest striking the white maned lion. Though both are solid hits, a moment later the first is only a scratch and the second sticks a moment before it is ejected from the beast's flank.

Surrounded, the creature releases its prey, rending the elf with its immense claws before snapping at the irritating dragonette. The brazen creature sweeps just out of reach, but Faelar falls torn and bleeding. Faelar-23 slashing.

Round 1 cont
Auri
Faelar-dying
Karethas
Amir
R2
Kzrira
Lion


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

R1

Auri fights cautiously, dodging about and trying to be hard to nail down whilst countering with his lashing tail...

Fight defensively - AC now 20

Attack 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 2 - 4 = 19
Damage 1d6 ⇒ 1


ah, missed the flanking WITH the dragon. The lion's kinda still got its butt in the doorway so moved Amir to F9. Auri will just need to 5' to F12 for the flank.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4
Sheik Voodoo wrote:
Auri will just need to 5' to F12 for the flank.

Ok Auri shifts, trying to be useful


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37/ 33 NL| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Karethas eyes narrow as the elf falls to the ground bleeding. He reaches into his component pouch and pulls out a pinch of colored sand. He tosses the sand in the air as his hands race through a series of arcane gestures. A cloud of shimmering particles covers the giant lion.

Glitter Dust: DC 17 Will save or be blinded. Gets a new save at the end of its turn. Duration 4 rounds. Centered the radius behind the lion, so no one else (that i know of)should be in the effect.


Auri flaps above the terrifying feline, careful to avoid its ferocious attacks and manages a grazing swipe of his flaming tail. At the completion of Karethas' spell, a cloud of glittering particles reflects the moonlight as it swirls around the great cat lodging in its hair and eyes. The shimmering lion roars in fury as it is blinded.

Word to the wizard.

Amir and Kzrira up


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 56/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

DM Voodoo - did you mean that my shots did damage, but just not a lot considering how large it is? Or that it immediately started to heal?

Seeing the good bard fall, Kzrira redoubles her effort to take the beast down, carefully taking aim.

Attack-rapid shot: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Attack-rapid shot: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Her first shot finds its mark, but unfortunately Kzrira glances at the fallen bard causing her second shot to fly wide of it's mark.


Male Elf Bard - 6

I am just glad you don't do what my Real-Life GM does, if you shoot into a grappled condition, you have 50% chance to hit your ally instead!

Stabilisation check : 1d20 + 1 - 6 ⇒ (7) + 1 - 6 = 2 (DC : 10)

I continue to bleed out, muscles twitching slightly.

Hit Points : -7 / 25


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

Amir does his best to use his position to punish the beast and retrieve the bard ASAP,

Attack w/ L Mace 1d20 + 7 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 7 - 2 + 2 = 22
Damage (w/SA) 1d6 + 2 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 + (3) = 12

Attack w/ S sword 1d20 + 7 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 - 2 + 2 = 14
Damage (w/SA) 1d6 + 2 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 + (5) = 13


Before the great lion can wipe the sparkling motes from its eyes, Amir cracks it across the head and drives his heirloom blade into its chest. Surely, these would be killing blows to a natural beast, yet somehow the lion shakes off some of the damage. As another arrow strikes its shoulder and is rejected, the beast turns its blind fury on Amir.

Standing upon its rear legs it grabs the canny rogue with both claws tearing both robes and mail as the claws rip. The huge jaws snap shut almost taking an ear in a bite that would surely have removed Amir's whole head had the beast been able to see. Amir-26 slashing, grappled

The great cat shakes its head and the glittering dust from the pale mane fills Amir's vision for a moment before the great lion turns its head back to the rogue and refocuses its slit pupiled eyes clearly on the prey caught in its claws.

it is apparent that the lion has some form of DR and is no longer blinded.

Round 2 cont
Auri
Faelar-dying
Karethas
Amir
R2
Kzrira
Lion

map.


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37/ 33 NL| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Gonna throw out some knowledge checks to see if Karethas can figure out why the lion has DR. Karethas would probably assume it is celestial or fiendish, but maybe another skill would help
1d20 ⇒ 8
KNOWLEDGE NATURE CHECK:+ 9(2 rank, +3 class skill, +4 Int)
KNOWLEDGE PLANES CHECK: +11(4 rank, +3 class skill, +4 Int)
KNOWLEDGE ARCANA CHECK:+11(4 rank, +3 class skill, +4 Int)
KNOWLEDGE DUNGEONEERING CHECK:+9(2 rank, +3 class skill, +4 Int)


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

R2

Auri simply gets fed up and gouts fire upon the creature, attempting to aim off centre and miss his Roguish friend.

Fire Breath - 4d4 ⇒ (4, 2, 2, 4) = 12 Fire Damage
DC15 Reflex save for half.


There is the smell of burning hair as Aurichalcum releases a gout of flame at the entangles pair. Unfortunately, the lion twists at an odd moment and most of the flame catches its mane which smolders, but doesn't ignite.

Karethas:
Although your study at the College of Dimensional Studies was cut short, you are fairly certain this is not an extraplanar creature. Your best guess is that it is a shapeshifter, either humanoid or fey.

Round 2 cont
Auri-x
Faelar-dying
Karethas
Amir
R3
Kzrira
Lion


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37/ 33 NL| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

"Kzrira! Try silver, and if that doesn't work try Cold Iron!" Karethas twists his ring on his finger. He thrusts his hands out before him and summons a ball of flames which he rolls into the great cat with a gesture.

Flaming Sphere: DC 16 or 3d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 6) = 13 fire damage


There is a whoosh as a burning ball the size of a wagon wheel appears before Karethas and rolls away at a walking speed to hook into the lion. The mighty predator roars in agony as the ball bounces against it reigniting singed mane and hide. As the flames spread over the creature its roars echo through the hills and change to high pitched screams as the great cat transforms into an elderly man ringed in flames still clutching tightly to Amir.

Amir- give me a break grapple and a DC 15 reflex save.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 56/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Seeing the man change shapes, Kzrira decides that since fey are injured by cold iron, then shapeshifters must be the other option by Karethas and draws and fires two silver arrows at the beast.

Attack-rapid shot-silver arrow: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Attack-rapid shot-silver arrow: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Thanks Karethas - Auri, help Faelar he's hurting.


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

OOhhh but I wanted to stab him...but now that he is on fire I would like very much not to be near him.

Ref 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Escape Artist to Break 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Fire. FIRE! GET...OFF...of...ME...OLD....MAN!!!


Amir cannot seem to shake the human torch, but manages to stay away from the burning bits. A moment later, two silver arrows strike the figure and it collapses to the ground dead. The merrily burning sphere too close to Faelar casts dim light on the horrid charred corpse that continues to emit black smoke and the stench of burnt hair and flesh.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Auri slips traight over and starts attending the very still Faelar.

CMW - Heal 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (2, 8) + 4 = 14


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 56/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

I continue to carefully watch the area while moving to help Faelar and Amir away from the lion-man.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 <-- extra +2 if gnolls

Are they alive? That was ugly.

We really need to work on our tactics. I doubt that bear will be the toughest thing we will face.


Male Elf Bard - 6

My eyes flutter open suddenly as Auri begins to pulse warm energy through me. I sit up quickly; just narrowly missing the brave Dragon, and quickly look around. "What the ... Where did the cat go ... and who is that gentleman? OW! That really hurts!" Noticing the temperature around me getting hot I start to pant, "Why is it so hot here?! I need ... water!" I turn to see the very close flaming sphere, resting beside me.

I move away from the sphere, place the tip of the healing wand on my wounds and let its energy seep into my body, before standing up and thanking the powerful Dragon profusely.

Cure Light Wounds (Via Wand) : 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Cure Light Wounds (Via Wand) : 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Cure Light Wounds (Via Wand) : 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Hit Points : 23/25


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37/ 33 NL| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

We should have had Amir scout out the entrance first. Thank the Dawnflower that we are all alive to question ourselves." Karethas approaches the body and, now that he can see its true form, tries to discern what the group had just faced. Then he casts Detect Magic and examines the immediate area.


KNOWLEDGE NATURE CHECK:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20(2 rank, +3 class skill, +4 Int)


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

Current HP: 19/42 GOOD Call on the Toughness Feat Amir! Why thank you, Amir!

It is a full moon, yes? I have heard stories of men that become beasts when the moon is full...though never a lion of such...ferocity.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 56/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Well, once again, the gnoll's fears of haunts have proven true. The ghost of the genie in the monastery, this man-bear, the fey maiden by the falls. The question then is, what is behind that door in the temple? Whatever it is, we will have to be very prepared for it.


Male Elf Bard - 6

I look confused, "This man was the Lion? Seriously?!"

Knowledge (Nature) : 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Auri now pays attention to the fallen man, and is completely at a loss.

"How does that work?" he enquires while looking suspiciously at the fallen form.

Amir
CLW 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
CLW 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Hows everyone for heals?


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

Is it impolite to pet the dragon? How does one offer affection to a winged lizard companion?

2,751 to 2,800 of 6,504 << first < prev | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Sheik Voodoo's Katapesh Nights All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.