Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Sheik Voodoo's Katapesh Nights

Game Master voodoo chili

From the City of Bazaars to the City of Brass.


201 to 250 of 6,263 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Bluff (11) Perception (10*) Stealth (14) :: Init (+3) :: HP (64) :: F(6)/R(7)/W(3)

Oh my mistake, then follow follow follow!

EDIT:To be clear, does this mean that we (or I at least) am part of the conversation with KJ? Am I in and Karethas out? Sorry, for some reason I'm confused.


Male Elf Bard - 6

'Last night? Does he come here regularly then? If so I may have to stay here until he arrives and then finish my business with him. I give you my word though; oh wise KJ, that I will not disrupt your fine business and will take him away so he does not try to break the rules again. Does this arrangement sound suitable to you?'


Amir- Karethas intervened and talked the bouncer into letting you stay although he had to take a 'time out'. Yes, you are with Kzrira and Faelar.

The little goblin smiles widely at Faelar, "Oh, I wouldn't expect him back. You know what sounds suitable to me? A friendly little wager. I'll tell you where you might find the elf if you play the Stump."


Bluff (11) Perception (10*) Stealth (14) :: Init (+3) :: HP (64) :: F(6)/R(7)/W(3)

Thanks for the clarity.

The Stump eh? What manner of challenge is that?


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Seeing that Amir was allowed back into the casino, Karethas stumbles out of the doorway and onto the street. Once outside the eyesight of the bouncer, his gait straightens and he brushes some imaginary dust off of his robes. Glancing around, Karethas makes his way across the street to stand against a wall where he can see the entrance to the Golden Scarab. He fumes over the dozens of spells he will one day be able to cast that would have rectified the situation, "Charm Person would have worked, Invisibility or Fly to get to the second floor. Ha! Even Levitate to the second floor or Spider Climb! Fireball...that may have been effective, but definitely overkill. Create Pit? Would have caused more trouble than it would have solved, but entertaining none the less... Karethas chuckles to himself softly.

Timeout was worth it for the bumbling response I got to compose to say to the bouncer :-)


Amir Awad Hajjir wrote:
The Stump eh? What manner of challenge is that?

Krebble Jeggle cackles, "An exciting one, hee-hee. A box has six holes and inside is an agate and a scorpion. If you are lucky, you grab the agate instead of the scorpion. Do so and I'll tell you what I know. Fail and...ouchie!"


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

I will try your game Master Jeggle. I have seen it played before and will take the challenge.

I also have the highest Fortitude Save and a good Reflex.


Male Elf Bard - 6

'So this "Stump" is a game of chance and luck? Well then; my dear lady, if you are unsuccessful in winning this game, I shall give it a go. If you will permit me; my good sir?'


Bluff (11) Perception (10*) Stealth (14) :: Init (+3) :: HP (64) :: F(6)/R(7)/W(3)
Faelar Braegen wrote:
'So this "Stump" is a game of chance and luck? Well then; my dear lady, if you are unsuccessful in winning this game, I shall give it a go. If you will permit me; my good sir?'

Amir cocks his eyebrow at the young elf . Like his avatar ye see ;p

Leaning in Amir whispers in Faelar's direction.

In ElvishYou have a curious way about you my elven friend. This is no game of chance or luck. It is a game of blood and sport. This is about our new goblin friend proving his power and our need for him. From what I know it's called the "Stump" because our good Kzrira may not get to keep her hand if she is wrong…


Male Elf Bard - 6

Elvish 'Ah, how could playing this game be a suitable arrangement then? Surely he just wants us to suffer and not tell us anything? I thank you; my friend for revealing the true nature of this game to me. I am quite surprised you are able to speak the language of my people so well though, did another teach you?'

Kelish 'After much deliberation, I have decided that I will not be participating in this game. However if either of my friends wish to take you up on your offer, I will cheer them on.'


Bluff (11) Perception (10*) Stealth (14) :: Init (+3) :: HP (64) :: F(6)/R(7)/W(3)
Faelar Braegen wrote:

Elvish 'I am quite surprised you are able to speak the language of my people so well though, did another teach you?'

Amir grins widely at this. You will come to find Katapesh a place of many surprises. Some pleasant. Some otherwise. We will speak of this more,later. For now? Be content to know that we might speak with some privacy. If we are the only ones who know your tongue... Amir wiggles his eyebrows slightly at the elf to add to the "maybe yes, maybe no" tone of his words.

Turning from Faelar Amir watches Kzrira's attempt with interest, gesturing to the others in the room as the game is prepared. Ah you see she is no wilting flower, Kzrira is strong I think, and will see the game won! I hope


Krebble Jeggle snickers and rubs his little hands together as Kzrira accepts his challenge. He orders his guards to bring forth the Stump. Once it becomes obvious that someone has accepted the Stump challenge shouts echo from among the patrons, ”A chump for the Stump!” and everyone quickly gathers to start making bets on the Osiriani archer’s chances. Upon hearing Amir’s boast, a wealthy Keleshite asks what he’d like to wager.

The beefy gray paint and rhinestone speckled guards set down a large rectangular box with six holes in front of Kzrira making sure to kick it a few times for good measure.


Stump rules. You start with a 1 in 6 chance to find the agate by rolling a ‘1’. Each time you mark off a hole, your chances get better- roll a ‘1’ on 1d5, 1d4, 1d3. You start with a 2 in 6 chance of getting stung by rolling ‘1-2’ and that increases by 1 each attempt. so roll two separate d6 when you are ready. ;)


Bluff (11) Perception (10*) Stealth (14) :: Init (+3) :: HP (64) :: F(6)/R(7)/W(3)

Amir waggles his left index finger (and the onyx ring on it) at the keleshite.

A Hajjir original! 35 gold!

This is about power and face. Better to seem overconfident than weak.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Well guys, wish me luck.

Agate: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Scorpion: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Whew - no gem and no poison --- well gentlemen, who is going to bet for me, and who against on try #2?

I grin at the assembled crowd.


Bluff (11) Perception (10*) Stealth (14) :: Init (+3) :: HP (64) :: F(6)/R(7)/W(3)

my bet assumed she wins overall, not round for round if that is how betting would go I would need to start more modest...


Cheers and moans greet Kzrira's announcement and to judge by the numbers, not many are betting on Kzrira's success. Money quickly exchanges hands and Krebble Jeggle is bouncing in his seat in excitement.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Kzrira begins giggling - If at first you don't succeed, try try again.

Agate: 1d5 ⇒ 5

Scorpion: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Ah - is your little scorpion asleep? Kzrira grins and taps the side of the box.
Hello - Mr. Scorpion, wake up.


The cheers and jeers are more balanced this time as the crowd reacts to Kzrira's braggada. The Keleshite turns to Amir, "Your friend is indeed both bold and lucky! We shall see if she finds agate or agony in the end though."

Kzrira- let's just stay at 50/50 for getting stung. 1-3 on the scorpion d6 for an ouchie.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Hmmm, what is it that they say in Absalom - Third times a charm?

Giving a smile of complete innocence. Gosh - you wouldn't hurt a girl would you. I bet there is not even a scorpion in there.

And with that, I stick my hand into the next hole.

Agate: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Scorpion: 1d6 ⇒ 4 -->Glad you changed the odds

Removing my hand I look at it. Hmmm, thought I felt little legs that time. The scorpion must like me.

Turning to Krebble: You must have chosen a boy scorpion and he has a crush on me.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Just to speed things up.

Well guys, I guess I should pull out the gem this time. I think that the poor scorpion must be getting tired of this game. Get your bets in - you are about to see either a big smile - or a scream of pain.

I reach in one more time.

Agate: 1d3 ⇒ 1

Scorpion:1d6 ⇒ 5

Feeling the gem, I close my hand around it and then shout: OUCH!!!

Then I turn around with a big grin: That gem is sharp, it poked me. At which point I open my hand and show the Agate.


Male Elf Bard - 6

I walk up to Kzrira and place my hand on her shoulder 'My dear lady, you had me worried. I am glad you are victorious, I am ashamed I would not have had the same determination as yourself. You are braver than I and have a greater sense of humour too.' I start to chuckle softly.

'My dear KJ, I do believe that as my; dear lady friend, has won this game you are obliged to tell us what you know about the Elf that we seek.'


The gambling hall erupts in another round of shouting and cheering as the bettors settle. The Keleshite shakes his head good naturedly and slowly counts out 35 gold scarabs for Amir.

The agate is a pendant inlaid with a detailed gold scorpion with ruby eyes and appears to be of some value. Krebble Jeggle tells you to keep it as he summons the group onto his balcony.

Making sure the crowd is dispersed, he nods to Faelar. "Well, a bet's a bet and a debt is a debt," he adds shrewdly.

"Katapesh does not take kindly to thieves: first offense costs a hand, second a head. The elf was caught bettering his odds with a little spell work. It seemed a shame to end his career for such a small act and honestly what is the benefit for me. So I made him a doggie bag."


Bluff (11) Perception (10*) Stealth (14) :: Init (+3) :: HP (64) :: F(6)/R(7)/W(3)

Do I have any clue what a "doggie bag" might mean in this context?

Kno:Local 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Apparently NOT

Amir flashes the Keleshite a toothy grin. What can I say my friend? Even the Great Merchant smiles upon her spirit! Taking the coins in hand, Amir pauses a moment to kiss the ring on his hand. While it was just a random piece from his father's old stocks, Amir could not help but believe that perhaps, somewhere, his father watched over his son's journey. The gold was just a nice bonus.

Walking with the others to the balcony Amir listed as Krebble Jeggle opines about the unfortunate luck of the elf in question.

A doggie bag? Is this to mean you sent him to fetch you something?


Amir Awad Hajjir wrote:
A doggie bag? Is this to mean you sent him to fetch you something?

The goblin coughs on his puff of hookah as he giggles. "No, a doggie bag. You know... I had him stuffed in a sack and sold him to the gnolls. Kind of rough sure but as the elves say, c'est la vie." He winks at Faelar.

"He might still be somwhere in Dog Town if they haven't sold him yet. I got my "bugs" for him already." He pats a bag of coins in his pajamas. "So it's no skin off my nose if he gets rescued."


Bluff (11) Perception (10*) Stealth (14) :: Init (+3) :: HP (64) :: F(6)/R(7)/W(3)

Turning to his companions Amir forwns, The Gnolls would move ill gotten slaves at night, if we hope to catch our elf, we may wish to move with haste.


Male Elf Bard - 6

'We should depart straight away. I thank you; good sir, for honouring your part of the arrangement. Lesser people may not have. C'est La Vie, yes or maybe in this case C'est La Mort would be more appropriate?'

Knowledge (Local) To try and work out where "Dog Town" may be 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12


"Oh, I doubt he's dead; more valuable alive. Of course, if you're planning on going into Dog Town at night... well, I wouldn't give great odds on seeing you again," the goblin grins.

Dog Town is the gnoll ghetto just outside the Dawn Gate to the north.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Well guys, I suppose we should go find our drunk friend and then go visit the the kennel.

Thank you for your assistance Mr. Krebble.

Need to appraise the Agate.


Bluff (11) Perception (10*) Stealth (14) :: Init (+3) :: HP (64) :: F(6)/R(7)/W(3)
Kzrira Maiwith wrote:


Need to appraise the Agate.

I can help with that.

Amir considers the goblins words for a moment. He may be right, night time may not be the best time to do such things now that I think about it...besides we need to find our other friend and visit the Nighstalls soon relating to our other business.


Male Elf Bard - 6

I give KJ a polite bow, for keeping his word. 'Amir; my good man man, you are most wise, completing our other business transactions may be a better use of our evening, the last thing we want is to try to rescue Xander but then need rescuing ourselves, how embarrassing that would be.

I still cannot believe how fortuitous you were during that game, the odds were against you. So how much did you make from; these good observers, betting against your victory?'


Bluff (11) Perception (10*) Stealth (14) :: Init (+3) :: HP (64) :: F(6)/R(7)/W(3)

Assuming Faelar's question is when we are out of earshot of KJ and on our way out to grab Karethas

I made a modest 35 scarabs. The bet was mostly bravado to ensure we projected as much power in our position. I suspect with Kzrira's performance it worked quite well.

To Kzrira, I noticed the agate was actually a jewelry piece, I would be happy to appraise it if you wish to fetch a fair price at market.


Exiting the Golden Scarab you are back out into the night and the relatively quiet Streets of the Dawn Gate to regroup with Karethas.

might as well get everyone back together. plans?


Bluff (11) Perception (10*) Stealth (14) :: Init (+3) :: HP (64) :: F(6)/R(7)/W(3)

Mecham Djal?


I'll wait for the others input, but go ahead and give me a know local to see if you know where Djal's stall is located (I'll give you +2 bonus for your background).


Bluff (11) Perception (10*) Stealth (14) :: Init (+3) :: HP (64) :: F(6)/R(7)/W(3)

Kno:Local 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Bonus included. Apparently I roll okay when it deals with shady goings ons...what is the board telling me I wonder? :P


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Karethas smiles when he sees everyone leaving the Scarab. "As you are all alive, I assume it went well in there?"


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

I show the jewelry to Amir. Not bad - I am sure it was not worth the risk of getting stung. But, we needed the information and based on my understanding, Elves are not know for their resistance to poison. Smiling at Faelar. Nothing personal.

So, where is this Djal we are looking for?


Amir:
You are familiar with the Information Broker, Mecham Djal. His business is in an old shadow puppet theater in Tiantown that nearly burned down several years ago. At night, the condemned theater serves as his shop.

Amir, give me an appraise check.


Bluff (11) Perception (10*) Stealth (14) :: Init (+3) :: HP (64) :: F(6)/R(7)/W(3)

Appraise 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Edit: I will post when I know the price, to make my comments contiguous.


Male Elf Bard - 6

I turn to Kzrira 'Oh I take nothing personal from that; my dear lady, I have never known poison, nor been exposed to it, until that little imp got me. So I would rather stay away from poisons from now on.'

I turn to face Amir and Karethas 'I think it went quite well, these 2 managed to give off an aura of importance and wealth, so if we should ever need information we may be able to come here again. But for now I think we should find Mecham Djal, any idea's where he would be situated?'


Amir:
Although the agate is not a particularly valuable stone, the gold chain and setting as well as the intricate inlay make it worth about 150 gold pieces, you'd guess.


Bluff (11) Perception (10*) Stealth (14) :: Init (+3) :: HP (64) :: F(6)/R(7)/W(3)

Amir guffaws at the others, "Not bad" she says. Our Kzrira was magnificent! Why we have all met only today and already we are like the legends of the deserts; vagabonds, warriors and rogues facing challenges and laughing in the face of danger! Amir seems almost unable to contain his enthusiasm.

Taking in Kzrira's prize, The stone is simple enough but the setting precious. Easily one hundred and fifty scarabs in the markets of our city, though perhaps you may keep it as a trophy for your bravery!

Elated at the nights activities Amir gives some though on Mecham. His shop is known to me, an abandoned theater for puppets and shadows in Tiantown. I know the way let us go unless there are other places we should stop?


Male Elf Bard - 6

'I think we should go and pay a visit to Mr Djal, I am still hoping that we will be able to get those books back from that store owner to give to Xilla. Although Karethas and myself would like to read them first most probably. After all, knowledge is power, wouldn't you agree Karethas?

I would have liked to inform Xilla that we know where Xander went, but unfortunately that would be most unwise. Considering that she came here without ant hesitation, imagine what she would do if she found out where he was seen last!' As I say about Xanders last known place, I am speaking a lot quieter and looking around to make sure no-one can over hear us.

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

I do agree Faelar, knowledge is power. So we are all in agreement, to the merchant Djal's shop. Lead the way Amir! You seem familiar with the seedier portions of grand Katapesh." Karethas makes an "after you" flourish to Amir.


With a jaunty step Amir leads you back down the slope toward the Lower City. The markets have only slightly abated through the night as rickshaws and carriages race by and you pass groups staggering between taverns and shops. A few furtive figures stay to the shadows as they make their way to the Nightstalls.

You eventually make your way to the Dock District and pass through the ornate arches that signify the start of Tiantown. You are immediately surrounded by the exotic smells of Tien cuisine, glowing lanterns, and people dressed in strange costumes. Amir finally leads you over the square brick of a narrow street that ends in a boarded up theater. Black scorch marks punctuate the windows and doorway that are now boarded up. There is a Tien character roughly painted on the door.


Bluff (11) Perception (10*) Stealth (14) :: Init (+3) :: HP (64) :: F(6)/R(7)/W(3)

Amir will attempt to open the boarded door and guide his compatriots in.


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

As Amir attempts to open the door Karethas pauses for a moment. Well, this should be our last meeting for tonight, and the one most likely to end in some trouble. He makes a few arcane gestures and mutters an incantation to himself. He is momentarily surrounded by a glowing blue aura, which quickly fades.

Cast Mage Armor


Despite the secured appearance of the door, the boards are not nailed to the doorframe and Amir can easily pull the door open normally.

Once inside, the door swings shut behind you and you are immersed in darkness and the scent of sulphur. You hear the rustle of scaley wings in the rafters above, but all is darkness other than a dimly lit box on a stage at the front of the room. What appears to be a box of screens as big as a dwarf is illuminated by a candle from inside. Strange shapes spin around the weak flame casting spinning shadows on the surface of the box. A voice that seems to move in the darkness around you asks, "You have questions?"


Bluff (11) Perception (10*) Stealth (14) :: Init (+3) :: HP (64) :: F(6)/R(7)/W(3)

Amir strokes his chin, True, I have more than a few. I would need to know the price for answers before I could ever dream of asking questions...

If at all necessary: Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

201 to 250 of 6,263 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Sheik Voodoo's Katapesh Nights All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.