Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Sheik Voodoo's Katapesh Nights

Game Master voodoo chili

From the City of Bazaars to the City of Brass.


2,401 to 2,450 of 6,417 << first < prev | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | next > last >>

Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

I think we should tie a rope off on the last building we are using for cover as an escape route. Rope makes the check a 5, so getting down can be done much quicker. Otherwise I think the plan is for most of the group to get to a place where Kzrira has LOS on the guards, then wait for Amir to try to sneak up to them. If he is successful, then his attack will trigger Kzrira firing at the other guard and Faelar starting to cast Sleep as a contingency if either guard survives the attacks. Karethas will ready an action to cast Glitterdust if any other opponents notice us and begin to move toward us or the thunderdome (battle market invokes strong images of the thunderdome in me :-) )

Stealth Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 Lets hope the distance hinders their perception checks enough!


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Not sure if this can be done but:
Stealth(Assist Another-Karethas): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 <-- Showing him how to avoid tripping over the rubble. And failing miserably apparently.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Odd, post vanished!?

Stealth 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (3) + 19 = 22


Faelar stealth 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
see what happens when I have to roll for you? ; )

Aurichalcum glides to the edge of the ruins 90 feet from the guard tower as Kzrira and Amir attempt to get the other non-flyers to the spot without alerting the guards. Karethas finds his robes not conducive to sneaking over rubble and Kzrira flinches at every clattering rock, but the distant gnolls don't appear to notice.

The keener eared hyenas however begin keening and cackling, but their oblivious trainer yells at the beasts. For a moment it looks like the plan might work..and then a nervous Faelar jumps too soon alerting the enemy.

Initiative rolls:

Auri 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Amir 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Karethas 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Faelar 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Kzrira 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Gnolls 1d20 ⇒ 13

Round 1.
Faelar
Amir
Gnolls
Kzrira
Aurichalcum
Karethas


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Do we have a map? I want to shoot at one of the gnolls near the horn, but would like to see what we are dealing with.


>100 ft is too small scale to be much of a map. there are two gnolls up top and a gnoll with three hyenas on the ground. I'll do a map if/when melee happens and location is more important.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Round 1

I attack one of the gnolls by the horn.

Rapid Shot

Attack-Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 7 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 7 - 2 + 2 = 13 <-- -2 more if > 110'
Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 = 9

Attack-Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 7 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 - 2 + 2 = 9 <-- -2 more if > 110'
Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 = 11

Not a good start.


you know what- with the distance modifier only the hyenas would have heard you at all, so you have a surprise round on the gnolls.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Like a shining arrow, Auri goes straight for the mouth of the giant horn...

Fly 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34

Yay for surprise - thought that might get ugly


Male Elf Bard - 6

Hmm, I was going to aim for the Gnolls by the Horn, but seeing as everyone has that covered I will aim for the Gnoll and Hyena's.

I mumble some quiet incantations and perform some familiar hand gestures, out of my hand a small amount of rose petals fall into the wind. They start to swirl on the wind.

Casting Sleep


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 [ooc]Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

Shooting at a horn located gnoll:

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
1d6 ⇒ 5


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)
Amir Awad Hajjir wrote:

Shooting at a horn located gnoll:

1d20+5
1d6

If you have surprise, you should also get sneak attack damage.


Faelar begins his spell casting and apparently none but the hyenas notice. A moment later Amir's arrow flies in a graceful arch and strikes the gnoll nearest the horn in the shoulder. Kzrira's two rapid shots follow closely, but her haste ruins the shot although one wedges into the same gnoll's boiled leather cuirass.

The gnolls yelp and look about for their attackers only to find an Unidentified Brass Object hurling straight toward them!

ranged sneak attack only within 30 feet

Karethas
Round 2.
Faelar
Amir
Gnolls
Kzrira
Aurichalcum
Karethas


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 [ooc]Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

Again
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
1d6 ⇒ 1
Wow uh....poke!


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Cast Sleep on the guards in the tower.
Karethas grits his teeth and glances over at Faeler. His hands flash and colored sand flies into the air.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

[ooc] Faelar can specify where his spell targets before he goes this round.[/b]


Male Elf Bard - 6

Seeing that neither of the guards fell from the barrage of attacks on them, I concentrate on them. The Rose petals in the wind float up to the top of the tower, swirling all the way and spiraling the Gnolls. The hypnotic pattern of the leaves on the wind seem to have a drowsy effect. After a few moments the leaves then disperse into the wind floating away from the Gnolls.

Sleep (DC : 14)

I then start to do a little Elven dance (Irish folk dancing) hoping that it will inspire my friends to better in combat.

Perform (Dance) : 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Inspire Courage +1 : 5 / 11


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Auri is still going for that horn


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Apparently our brass dragon likes brass instruments.


Karethas begins casting as Faelar completes the first sleep spell. In the tower, one of the gnolls suddenly collapses disappearing behind the battlements. The other is struck a glancing blow by yet another incoming arrow. It looks panicked and seeing the only near threat is a determined little dragon creature, fires an arrow at it. Auri is hit, but only minorly injured as he reaches the top of the tower. Auri- 1 hp, you are at the horn.

Below, the trainer gnoll follows behind the trio of hyenas as he returns fire hitting Kzrira with an arrow.
Kzrira- 5 hp piercing, your turn.

Round 2 cont.
Kzrira
Aurichalcum
Karethas


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Round 2

HP: 27/32

Ow, that hurt. Bad dog creature.

I continue to pound arrows at the gnolls.

Full Round Attack - Rapid Shot at the Gnoll still standing in the tower:

Attack-Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 7 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 7 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 17 <-- -2 more if > 110'
Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 14

Attack-Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 7 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 7 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 15 <-- -2 more if > 110'
Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 10

I am not sure whether I can shift my attack to the hyena gnoll if the first hit drops the one in the tower. If it does, and I can, then the second shot would be at the hyena gnoll.


Kzrira's first shot strikes the standing gnoll in the tower dropping it. Her next quick shot bounces off the gnoll animal handler's armor.
hyenas- 50', gnoll trainer- 70'

Round 2 cont.
Aurichalcum
Karethas
Round 3.
Faelar
Amir
Gnolls


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Karethas finishes his Sleep spell, and immediately shifts his attention to the rushing Hyenas. He eyes them critically, trying to time his spell to just reach them as they run in.

Finish Sleep (DC 15) aimed at the Gnoll in the tower if he is up, or the trainer if he is not. Ready Color Spray (DC 15) to catch as many of the hyenas as possible.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

How many hyenas are there? Karethas, if there are only 2-3, we should probably hold the color spray, if there are more, definitely use it.


and this is why you keep the wizard around...

Karethas completes the droning measures of his first spell and the hyena handler topples over fast asleep. The three giggling hyenas continue racing forward however, at least until they meet Karethas' next spell: a cone of scintillating color that leaves all three in a pile of unconscious carnivores.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

I need to get a pick or something that has a nice coup de gras damage.

This is almost too easy, I feel like an assassin, but I know they would do the same to us, and I am sure have done the same to many innocent slaves.

I step to the first hyena, draw back my bow and fire an arrow into the side of its head.

Will roll for each of them at once, if one wakes up, we can break off the killings and pick up melee at that point.

Damage Hyena 1 - Coup de gras with bow: 3d8 + 15 ⇒ (3, 6, 2) + 15 = 26 <-- I assume Faelar stopped his Inspire Courage.

Damage Hyena 2 - Coup de gras with bow: 3d8 + 15 ⇒ (4, 3, 5) + 15 = 27

Damage Hyena 3 - Coup de gras with bow: 3d8 + 15 ⇒ (2, 3, 1) + 15 = 21

Then I will move and treat each gnoll to the same easy way out.

Damage Gnoll Hyena trainer - Coup de gras with bow: 3d8 + 21 ⇒ (1, 8, 7) + 21 = 37

Damage Gnoll Tower Guard - Coup de gras with bow: 3d8 + 21 ⇒ (3, 3, 1) + 21 = 28


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Auri flaps about the horn, no longer worried he might have to jam it with his body...


Male Elf Bard - 6

Once all the enemies are no longer threatening us I would have stopped dancing, yes.

I watch Kzrira as she finishes off all the enemies, turn to face Karethas and whisper to him, "She seems to enjoy that, doesn't she?"


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Karethad tries to shrug casually, although his eyes betray his apprehension. "She doesn't seem to like gnolls much." He casts detect magic and looks over the hyena''s handler. "We should leave this area quickly. Either to plot our next attack or to get back to our base. There was another building in good repair on the other side of the Battle Market."


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 <-- Extra +2 vs gnolls.

I fail to overhear the comments and am thus unable to make any snide remarks in response.

If/When the gnolls are dispatched, I look to the others. That took some of your magic, but since we are unscathed, I would consider it well used. Shall we move around to the guildhall next?


Kzrira quickly dispatches the unconscious hyenas and gnolls. Karethas finds that the trainer has magical armor, a potion, and a well made longbow.

+1 studded leather armor. potion cmw, and a masterwork composite longbow (str +2).


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

"Most importantly no one knows of our presence yet, or at least we can hope so."

Who wants what of the treasure. The others I will track in my character's profile for later sale.


Male Elf Bard - 6

"Might as well clear out all the buildings quickly, so onto the Guildhall then."

I would like the Studded Leather, if that's okay with everyone?


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 [ooc]Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

Leath is go for the bard. I can't use the bow. Maybe Karethas should keep the potion?

Not feeling the need to prove the brutal efficiency with which he could end the lives of dogs or dog men, Amir allows Kzrira to dispatch their foes efficiently in silence. You have done that enough in your other life yes? Better to let that lie...

Yes let us move on to the hall.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Take the studded leather, it is the same as the Mithral Chain we have I think. Lol - none of us have sufficient strength to use the bow, would be nice if any of us had a Strength of 14 or more. Also pretty scary that we have a party with 12 as the highest strength, and that is a girl and an old man. Amir take the potion. You are more likely to be up front getting hit if I am using the bow.


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 [ooc]Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

True. I'l take it if everyone is okay with that.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

"Swift, and highly profitable... whats not to like about this group?"

Auri follows on to the guildhall.


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Karethas smiles at Auri. "That fight went particularly well, let's hope the next one does as well." He gives Kzrira a quick sideways glance as she returns from her tasks. "Shall we go on quickly? I wouldn't want someone coming out and seeing this slaughter."

No problem with Amir taking the potion. I will place the bow on my profile. Let's move on.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Auri, can you see whether there are any more guards? And what is in the guild house? We know that there are gnolls in the market, the questions is what we hit next and what is the best way to approach the market. For instance, could I climb up and snipe from atop the market?.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Auri checks ahead of the party as advance scout to avoid them walking into an ambush.

Sneak 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (18) + 19 = 37
Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Reconnaissance finds that the Guildhall and Palace have been tightly locked up. Auri may find an upper window to slip in, but the locks are beyond Amir's skill.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Auri is a brave beast, but not a silly one... curiosity may well have killed the cat, but who knows what it might do to small dragons.

"We might need a fresh plan"


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

By palace, do you mean the Battle Market?

We could always smoke them out. Or just set up and wait them out, as long as we have food, we can wait until they decide to leave.


From the front, the entrance of the Battle Market is an enormous set of double doors held wide open to reveal a dark passage beyond. No guards are seen. The stone work of the Market is ornate and could be climbed with moderate effort.

As mentioned, there are three other sets of doors, but the others are locked though not as well as the Palace.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Would there be a way to climb up the Battle Market where Amir and I could snipe at the king and his court while Faelar and Karethas put monsters to sleep?

So Auri, what is the layout of this area exactly? Could I get up on the roof and snipe a few of them? I think that you mentioned there were some musical instruments. Could you sneak in and light them on fire? A nice blaze in there would likely cause a whole bunch of targets to come running out.

Was ninjaed by DM Voodoo - typed half the post and then got a phone call.


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Karethas eyes the gaping front doors suspiciously, "Amir, do you think you could get one of those other doors open? I would rather go in that way instead of the doors they clearly prefer us to enter. Some of you others may be able to climb or fly up to some of those holes, but not I. At least not yet." He says the last with a wry smile.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

That is what ropes are for. Auri can take one up, then Amir and I can get up and help you two. But we only go up if there is a place to get cover from their bows. We are fighting this on our chosen ground, not theirs.


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 [ooc]Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

Amir considers Karethas and Kzrira both, Let me look at these other doors and at least see what else we have to work with...

Amir will sneak to the doors and looks them over. (Can I take 20 on them to determine if I can get them open? Would that take too long?)


Amir finds that he has seen far more complex locks than those on the Battle Market doors and after a few moments is able to align the tumblers and open the doors.
Amir-give me a stealth check.


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 [ooc]Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

Take ten for 20? If I cant---> 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

Or I could go with the roll heh ;p

2,401 to 2,450 of 6,417 << first < prev | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Sheik Voodoo's Katapesh Nights All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.