Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Sheik Voodoo's Katapesh Nights

Game Master voodoo chili

From the City of Bazaars to the City of Brass.


2,001 to 2,050 of 6,424 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>

M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Waiting turn...


Male Elf Bard - 6

Perception : 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Stealth : 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

If the Gnolls see me I draw my blade and begin to sing a battle chant.
If the Gnolls don't see me, I remain hidden, draw my blade and hum a quiet battle chant, just loud enough for Kzrira to hear.

Inspire Courage +1 : 4 / 9


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Well, if we are starting with 25 gnolls, this will make it 20.

I draw my bow and begin to turn the gnolls into pincushions.

Attack-ranged: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 - 2 = 10 --> -2 range I think as my range is 110' with the bow.

Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Karethas quickly recovers from his surprise at the inanimate turtle shell attacking him, but turns suddenly and runs for cover behind one of the buildings, seemingly in panic at the gnolls appearance. NOT the one with the snake. Bluff Check if it would help embolden the gnolls to chase: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16(2 rank, +3 class skill, +2 Chr, +1 Trait) Once behind the building he speaks to his companions, trying to keep his voice just loud enough for them to hear, "We need to draw them to us so we can keep them from running back to the others."


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 [ooc]Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

I am back (sorta) to the land of the living. Apologies for the absence.

Don't be too aggressive at extreme range they may find it easier to run.

Amir moves as best he can to cover while working towards the gnolls. If her can he will try to escape their line of sight and find a route to come upon them unawares.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Auri lies in wait, looking to find away to take the Gnolls unawares.


Kzrira overcompensates for the distance and her shot is high. Faelar begins his battle chant as Karethas and Amir duck into the ruins across from the hotel. The gnolls charge, quickly closing the distance.

Auri
Round 2
Kzrira
Amir
Faelar
Karethas
Auri
Gnolls

map


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Assume Auri did nothing last turn, will jump in this round on his initiative


Auri- you may take your R1 turn before the gnolls or just ready to drop in whenever you like. I'm just pushing it along.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

kk cool


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Kzrira draws another arrow and lets loose..

Gnoll:

Not scared of a little girl are you?

Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 1 + 1 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 7

Quietly to Faelar: Back up, make them come to us so that Amir can attack from behind.

I then retreat back 30' to I12.


Male Elf Bard - 6

I back up at the same speed as Kzrira and make sure I am standing beside her when we stop. All the while continuing with my chanting.

Inspire Courage +1 : 5 / 9


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

I'll delay until after the gnolls. :-)


Amir is still recovering, but it sounded like he wanted to start circling around behind. Auri- you are up.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Auri casts Bless on the party and heads behind the building to stay out of sight of the gnolls. If he gets time he will jump on the roof and lay low.

Sneak 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (5) + 19 = 24


Kzrira's next shot strikes true piercing the lead gnoll's stomach before she and Falear retreat a short distance. The wounded gnoll howls:

Gnoll:
The Bey-otch is MINE!
as he leads the charge against the archer. The foremost gnolls both end their charge piercing both Kzrira and Faelar with their savage spears. Kzrira-9 hp, Faelar-5 hp

A tiny brass dragon soars overhead long enough to cast bless on his allies.

Round 3
Kzrira
Amir
Faelar
Karethas
Auri
Gnolls

map.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Round 3
HP: 12/21

Ouch, he hit me. We gotta take these guys down.

I delay until after Amir so that he can get a flank if he is able to make it.

5-foot step back to I13.

Attack-bow @ H11: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 12


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Since I delayed until after the gnolls, I believe I should still get my round 2 action. Although it doesn't REALLY matter in the number of actions, just in the order. No good place for a Color Spray without an AOO, so here goes.

Karethas takes a step up and casts a familiar spell, he throws a spray of sand towards the middle of the gnolls.

Move to M-7 and cast Sleep (DC15) centered on I9.


Karethas ibn Faradin wrote:
Move to M-7 and cast Sleep (DC15) centered on I9.

I think I missed it in the pug fight, but sleep has a 1 round casting time. You could start it on rnd 1 and cast it this turn if you like.


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Wow, I've totally missed that change. It's the small changes from 3.5 to pathfinder that get you. I guess that is what I would have done then.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Yeh, Sleep is a strange one with a 1 round casting time. So, you start it during one round, and then complete it right before your next round actions. So essentially you end up with no acting in one round, and 2 spells the next. Kinda strange.

Not sure whether you can take swift or move actions when casting a 1 round casting time spell. Seems like something is missing there.


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 [ooc]Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

I agree it is a weird thing, I ran into that a while ago in another PBP. Luckily targeting is at completion because otherwise it would be a very limited spell.

Amir charges from the rubble hoping to catch one of the unengaged gnolls unaware. Charge J8 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 13 ARE YOU KIDDING ME?


Male Elf Bard - 6

I gasp as the Gnoll thrusts his spear into my thigh and let out a cry of pain. I shudder as I feel blood start to dribble down my leg, my song turns from a jolly battle battle chant to a more a sinister battle chant. Anger obviously in my tone. I also retaliate by thrusting my blade towards his face.

Rapier Attack : 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Rapier Damage : 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Inspire Courage +1 : 6 / 9
Hit Points : 8 / 13


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Hmmm can't flank off Kz as she's only armed with a bow and also doing the 5' step dance :p

Auri zips in beside Amir, lashing with his tail...

Move to J7 - attack J8

Attack 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 1 + 1 = 20
Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Gonna be a few levels before I get the feat where I can fire a bow in melee without incurring AoOs.


Kzrira steps back and fires at the gnoll attacking Faelar perhaps toying with the leader. The arrow flies straight into the gnoll's throat and he falls before Faelar can strike.

Amir charges from behind but stumbles over a discarded tortoise shell which ruins his strike. Faelar steps over the fallen gnoll to strike the next cur in line just before Karathas' spell goes off. The wounded gnoll lifts its spear to retaliate, then wobbles as its eyes roll back and it collapses into fitful slumber with a companion.

Seeing his opportunity, Aurichaclum swoops in opposite Amir to strike a gnoll with his burning stinger.

Round 4
Kzrira
Amir
Faelar
Karethas
Auri
Gnolls

map.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Gnoll:

You should have been scared of the little girl. She has a nasty bite.

Grinning at the success of Karethas' spell and her last shot, Kzrira draws back and takes aim at the next gnoll standing 10 feet away.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 1 + 1 = 10
Damage: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 14

Accidentally, Kzrira releases her string early killing a raven watching from a nearby rooftop.


Male Elf Bard - 6

Seeing two Gnolls fall asleep so suddenly I look around and notice Karethas just finishing up a familiar spell. But upon noticing that Kzrira was hurt badly by one of the Gnolls, I walk back towards her and duck as an arrow flies straight past where my head was a moment ago. I then whisper some words in a beautiful and holy sounding language and place my hand upon her shoulder. As I make contact a warm and soothing feeling runs through her body as her pain starts to subside and her wound close.

Cure Light Wounds : 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

I speak to Kzrira afterwards, "You seem to be better at harming this mislead souls, so I shall just make sure that you remain uninjured. Please don't shoot me though, that was a little too close for comfort."

Move to H, 13
Nice roll on the healing :)


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Smiling in satisfaction at the now sleeping gnolls, Karethas winds up and throws a globe of acid at the one gnoll not on the ground or surrounded by friends.

ACID DART (1 of 7/day) at the gnoll in J11 Touch Attack:1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 1 = 14 Damage:1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 Acid Damage.


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 [ooc]Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

Amir rolls the mace in his hand allowing the now harried gnoll to set rhythm. As Auri darts into the fray with his stinger Amir's training takes hold as the gnoll exposes himself to the old rogue's eye.

Attack w/ flank. 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 21
Damage w/ SA 1d6 + 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + (1) + 2 + 1 = 7
Sheesh. All those pluses and I still eek out 7?


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Auri likewise looks for a standing Gnoll to bother...

Attack 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 1 + 1 = 17
Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Faelar ameliorates all of Kzrira's wounds as the battle continues. Amir drives his blade into the gnoll archer's back and it falls. Auri flies over the to the gnoll leader howling in pain from Karethas' acid dart and singes the gnoll with a burning sting. The last gnoll standing bolts back up the road opening himself up to another attack from Aurichalcum.

Round 5
Kzrira
Amir
Faelar
Karethas
Auri
Gnolls


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Round 5

Gnoll:

Now you are running from a little girl. What will the other gnolls say?

I fire at the fleeing Gnoll.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 1 = 24 <-- extra +1 if still within 30'. Range is 110' so I assume still at short range.
Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 = 10 <-- extra +1 if within 30'

Good work all. Lets finish these napping ones off and then get the dogs. Don't think we need your song any more Faelar. Although I must say that it makes me want to shoot better and harder, very inspiring.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

Auri takes his attack of opportunity...

Attack 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 1 + 1 = 17
Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

If necessary Karethas moves towards the running gnoll and throws another globe of acid. ACID DART (2 of 7/day) 30ft Ranged Touch Attack:1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 1 = 12 Damage:1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 Acid Damage.

Once all the gnolls are dead Karethas sighs and says, "Let's drag these bodies toward the building so we can stash them in there once their pets are taken care of." Strangely, he busy himself casting a spell instead of moving a body. Cast Detect Magic just to be sure.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4
Karethas ibn Faradin wrote:
"Let's drag these bodies toward the building so we can stash them in there..."

Auri looks at the towering giant and blinks at his words, he looks at the bodies of the fallen gargantuan gnolls, then blinks again. At that point he picks up a few small pieces of severed flesh and starts trying to drag away one of their massive weapons.

;p


Auri further injures the gnoll patrol leader as he rushes past only to be brought down by an arrow in the back several yards later. The sleepers are quickly dispatched and searched. The bodies have standard gear: spears, battle axes, leather armor. Karethas finds nothing magical in their possession.


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

"Best we avoid this square from now on, they will be watching it carefully" Auri continues to help drag equipment away.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

True, but now there are five less of them watching. And since they started with only twenty five, I would say that a 20% reduction in their forces without any major injuries is a good start.

Oh, and Faelar, thank you for the healing. That first shot from the gnoll was a b*tch. Hmmm, or perhaps it was the bastard, hard to tell when you are fighting mongrels like these.

I help to grab and drag the bodies out of the way.


The bodies are quickly stashed in the main room of the common house and Aurichalcum sees that it has been disturbed since last he flew through the previous night. There is a bit of decayed hay from the stables and fresh blood on the floor. Whatever happened, no further evidence is found as you prepare to make your way to the lower guard tower.

how do you approach?


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Lets try to stay to the shadows. We continue heading toward the guard tower, making sure to keep a better eye out for more patrols.

I am not sure exactly which building we are going to. But I would want to keep as many buildings as possible between us and the top of the hill where we might be watched.

Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

With those rolls, I am tripping over everything nearby and then probably swearing when I almost fall.


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Damn it! More tortoise shells!
Karethas follows and keeps a close eye out.
Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Alright then, Karethas is too busy making sure there is no blood on his shoes to pay much attention.


Male Elf Bard - 6

Perception : 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Stealth : 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Attack of the killer Tortoise Shells!

I also follow behind.


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 [ooc]Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Amir shakes his head at the group as they bump about. Melting into the shadows a pace away from the rest Amir does his best to keep an eye out for danger but finds himself distracted by the others. :p


The group sticks close to the ruins adjacent to the hill shielding them from view from above. They need to work on moving silently though...and keeping their eyes open. With eyes on the fallen gate before them, they fail to notice a pair of gnoll guards on a nearby rooftop until they hear a whistle and the arrows fly. An ominous mewling cackle is heard from the ruined tower ahead.

Fortunately, gnoll are better with spears and axes than bows and Kzrira is only grazed by an arrow. Kzrira-1 hp piercing

Initiative rolls:

Auri 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Amir 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Karethas 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Faelar 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Kzrira 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
gnolls 1d20 ⇒ 7

Round 1.
Kzrira
Faelar
Amir
Auri
Karethas
gnolls

map.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Perhaps we should just put out a sign that says. "We are here to kill you all, attack us now to save us the time of searching for you."

Gnoll:

Bad idea using arrows, at least with swords you had a slim chance.

Attack H/-7: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Male Elf Bard - 6

I move to see what is round the corner and where this cackle is coming from. (Move to M, -13) On the way I draw my unfaithful wand and once in position I touch its tip to my hand.

Cure Light Wounds (Via Wand) : 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

I start to feel the sensation I get when I am singing run through my veins as the healing power of the wand removes most of my pains. Not forgetting why I am where I look ahead to see what is there.

Perception : 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Karethas throws a glob of acid at the gnoll Kzrira just attacked. He then moves under the eave of the building, hoping to avoid any return fire. He looks back to Auri, "Be prepared to chase one down if it flees."

ACID DART (3 of 7/day) 30ft Ranged Touch Attack:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 Damage:1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 Acid Damage.
Nice! Second 1 in a row!
Move: H, -5


M Pseudodragon - 15pt - Oracle (flame) 4

R1

"You tall people move like elephants"

Charge to H-6 and attack H-7

Attack 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 2 = 19
Damage 1d6 ⇒ 6


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 [ooc]Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

You mean most of you tall people move like elephants...

Move to L-1, Pull S.Box, Knock, Draw, Loose!

Attack; Damage 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 141d6 ⇒ 4

2,001 to 2,050 of 6,424 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Sheik Voodoo's Katapesh Nights All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.