Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Sheik Voodoo's Katapesh Nights

Game Master voodoo chili

From the City of Bazaars to the City of Brass.


151 to 200 of 6,265 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Elf Bard - 6

'Excuse us; my good sirs. Would you happen to know where I could purchase a Wayfinder? I have a couple of acquaintances who have been looking for one and found one for sale. So I was hoping there would be another to buy, is this the right place?'


The shorter halfling clasps his hands in front of his chest and furrows his bushy brows beneath his turban. ”Oh Sahib, I am so sorry. We had something like a Wayfinder up until a few days ago. We just sold it unfortunately and I’m not certain when we’ll see its like again.
"We get many, many unique and precious items here at Jangleys’. You never know what will be found each day. You seem the adventurous type perhaps you will find this silver ankh helpful. It is a relic of ancient Osirion and will keep mummies at bay for only 6,000 gold scarabs! A small investment that may someday save your life.”


Male Elf Bard - 6

'I am very sorry, but I have my heart set on a Wayfinder. Perhaps you could tell me of the customer who bought it off of you, I may be able to find them and purchase it off of them for a fairer price than you sold it for. How much was that for by the way? It would be of great help to my companion and I if you could describe the customer and if you knew where they heading to after your fine establishment?

That is a very tempting offer though, if we find your customer and they refuse to sell us the Wayfinder, then I will look into coming back to confirm a purchase.'


The halfling looks to his brother for confirmation. "If I recall correctly Pasker, the client was an elf such as yourself," he glances back up at Faelar. "Where he was bound I do not know. "

Pasker looks a bit offended, "Are you saying we did not sell it for a fair price? Believe me it was a very rare artifact. Not a Wayfinder per se, but an ancient Azlanti artifact most certainly that was perhaps a forerunner of the Wayfinders of today. Indeed, if anything we sold it too cheaply. But such are the deals you find at our shop. Look here, this jade frog is most unique. Look at the detail and it is certainly of magical origin. Only 100 gold scarabs. A steal for a skilled negotiator such as yourself."


Male Elf Bard - 6

'I am honoured that you would call me a skilled negotiator and I assure you I meant no offence to you or your establishment. I merely meant that I would pay him more than he bought it for, so for him it would be fair as he would be making a profit. I wonder, would such a rare artifact be subject or be able to be subjected to any means of location? I am very sorry for the misunderstanding.' I kneel down onto both knees, so I am at the same face height as the Store owners and lower my head, while apologising.

I stand up again and turn to my companion 'Kzrira; my fair lady, is there anything you would like to ask these fine and most helpful gentlemen. Perhaps you could think of something I have missed, or maybe there is something you may be looking for?'

I turn back to the 2 owners 'I have an idea, perhaps if you could find the customer who bought the Artifact in discussion, then I would be willing to pay you the same amount of money as he bought it for? So you would have a profit for selling the merchandise and for just finding him again and letting me know where he is. Does that sound like something you would be interested in considering?'


Pasker shakes his head and asks sarcastically, "What do you think, Trill? Should we get in the private investigator racket? Seriously buddy, we're trying to run a business here. I'll tell you what though, if we see the other elf come by, we'll tell him you were looking for him, OK?"

Trill bows, "Certainly Sahib, are you sure you would not be interested in this exotic bladed scarf? It is imported from Varisia and yours for only 20 gold scarabs."


Male Elf Bard - 6

Okay, I thank you for your patience and kindness. But for now, I shall have to see if I can find out where this Elf went and see if I can find out how much he would be willing to part with his Wayfinder for. I wish you all the best for health and business; my good sirs.'


Bluff (11) Perception (10*) Stealth (14) :: Init (+3) :: HP (64) :: F(6)/R(7)/W(3)

I heartily support the proposed montage. Diplomacy:

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


To the swelling chords of U2's 'I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"

Amir leads Karethas through a jolly round of back alleys and shady casinos for several hours with little gained and perhaps a little lost should they partake in the entertainments. Finally, as the sun sinks behind the soaring towers of the Palace of the Pactmasters, Karethas swears in frustration, ”I’d give my last golden scarab, if someone could just tell me where that elf went.”

Grimacing, Amir slaps his forehead, ”Of course, the Golden Scarab! A newcomer to Katapesh would not trust these back alley casinos. They would go to the showiest gaming hall in Katapesh. What a fool I’ve been!” Laughing, Amir pats Karethas on the back...freeze!


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)
Sheik Voodoo wrote:

To the swelling chords of U2's 'I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"

In this town I would go with "Where the streets have no name".

After listening to Faelar talk with the halflings.

Before we leave, what was so special about this ancient artifact that the elf purchased? You say that is was similar to a Wayfinder, but not the same. What specifically was so different about this ancient wayfinder predecessor? Did it identify north? Or was its magic somehow different?


Bluff (11) Perception (10*) Stealth (14) :: Init (+3) :: HP (64) :: F(6)/R(7)/W(3)
Sheik Voodoo wrote:

To the swelling chords of U2's 'I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"

Amir leads Karethas through a jolly round of back alleys and shady casinos for several hours with little gained and perhaps a little lost should they partake in the entertainments. Finally, as the sun sinks behind the soaring towers of the Palace of the Pactmasters, Karethas swears in frustration, ”I’d give my last golden scarab, if someone could just tell me where that elf went.”

Grimacing, Amir slaps his forehead, ”Of course, the Golden Scarab! A newcomer to Katapesh would not trust these back alley casinos. They would go to the showiest gaming hall in Katapesh. What a fool I’ve been!” Laughing, Amir pats Karethas on the back...freeze!

Ha! There you go, too long in this city I cannot think straight! Tell me my friend, should we do to the Scarab before the light fades or head back to the Net and grab the others to take with us?


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

While we are wandering, I would like to buy 20 silvered arrows. If the halflings sell them, I will buy them there. I believe they are 3gp, correct me if I am wrong.

Money deducted and arrows added to character sheet.


Kzrira Maiwith wrote:
What specifically was so different about this ancient wayfinder predecessor? Did it identify north? Or was its magic somehow different?

Pasker frowns, but Trill responds. "Memsahib, no it did not point north, but more... northwest. Who knows, perhaps the magnetic poles shifted during the Ancient Apocalypse. I believe that only verifies the device's antiquity."

The Jangleys wouldn't carry something as common as silver arrows, but you can find some in the markets easily enough.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Northwest you say? Hmmm, does it always point northwest, or just when it is here? I wonder whether it always pointed at some not quite north direction, or if it was pointing at some location which is northwest from here.


The brothers can only confirm it always pointed NW while in their shop.


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)
Amir Awad Hajjir wrote:


Ha! There you go, too long in this city I cannot think straight! Tell me my friend, should we do to the Scarab before the light fades or head back to the Net and grab the others to take with us?

"Well, it could be that Xander owes some money to some tough characters perhaps we should have our full compliment before going to the Scarab." As they begin to walk away from the last casino Karethas shakes his head ruefully, "Remind me to never double down on Djinns. I'm such a rube."


I'll assume everyone is meeting back at the Golden Net?

The Golden Net is definitely on the quiet side this night. No music or cheering is to be heard. Once you enter, you understand. Due to Xander and Xilla’s cancellation, Mac had to fall back on a second rate comedian and it seems at this late hour, most of the audience has already moved on to try and find better entertainment. The man on stage is finishing his set as you enter.

”So these tourists from Absalom, a man and his wife are traveling through the desert here in Katapesh and run into a tribe of Badawi. The sheik approaches the husband, saying, 'I’ll give you 100 camels for your woman.'
After a long silence, the husband says, 'She’s not for sale.'
The indignant wife says, 'What took you so long to answer?'
The husband replied, 'I was trying to figure out how to get 100 camels back home.'”

To scattered applause the man bows and makes his way to the counter where Mac is rubbing his forehead.


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Karethas grimaces in sympathy with the shop owner as the comic makes his way over. He says quitely, "Oh my friend, if I were not already committed to finding sweet Xilla's brother based solely on her beautiful allure and my own good nature, then your obvious need for a better entertainer would motivate me to search for Xander to the ends of this plane ."


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Wonder if this "comic" mentioned that this was not a joke, but a real story. He forgot the part of the story where 30 seconds after telling his wife about getting the 100 camels back home, he was flying through the air with his ex-wife's foot imprint on his a**.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

I tell the others about the NW pointing wayfinder, but that there were not many other leads on Xander.

I then ask whether Karethas and Amir had any more luck.


Bluff (11) Perception (10*) Stealth (14) :: Init (+3) :: HP (64) :: F(6)/R(7)/W(3)

Amir grins at Karethas' story on the way into the Net. Truth be told he loved this sort of work, it got his blood pumping and was far more interesting then selling wares at a stand. Observing the comic and then hearing Karethas' jest, Amir simply chuckles and strokes his moustache.

Amir listens with interest to the stale of the NW pointing device. He wonders idly is Kzrira has connected her potential need to go north with the tale of a device that might be sending others north as well. Missing people go north apparently...

Well we found nothing but in so doing a thought occurs to us. We had focused on the true dens of sin and profit and had ignored the Golden Scarab, our fair cities shining jewel of coyly promised fortune. Xander being new here and foreign might in fact be there while many of us natives would avoid the place like it was a Chelaxian binding circle. How were your inquiries?


Male Elf Bard - 6

As soon as the "comic" gets off the stage, I nod to Mac and go up to the stage where I try to mimic the comic.

Perform (Comedy) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Upon failing to impress the audience with that 'Well I never was at copying people, but here is a traditional Elven song for you fine customers to listen to while you eat and drink'

Perform (Sing) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Mac waves the comic off, "Um...thanks, Salim. Don't call upon me, I'll call upon you." Faelar's impersonation is met with thunderous silence, but the tension in the room is somewhat depleted with the soothing sounds of Elven song.

Mac strokes his moustache at Amir's report. "Yes, that is quite possible, Habibi. Xilla has mentioned his interest in gambling a few times. I wonder if she has already gone there. Once she awoke, I could not talk her into waiting for your return."


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Karethas taps his fingers along with the bard's song, "I am so sorry Mac, but I fear we should take your singer with us again. If Xillia has gone looking for the men her brother may owe money to, then she may run into some unsavory characters. I would rather go over to the Scarab and see if she has been there, and the elf seems passable with that needle of his and may be of use."


Bluff (11) Perception (10*) Stealth (14) :: Init (+3) :: HP (64) :: F(6)/R(7)/W(3)

I agree, we should make our way to the Scarab.


off to the Golden Scarab then?

Nightfall has made hardly a dent in the unending markets of Katapesh. Where the more legitimate tents and stores have closed, shadier businesses take their place. The Nightstalls offer to fulfill the darkest desires and carry intrinsic danger as well. It is best to stick to known paths when shopping at night.

You make your way uphill from the Lower Market through the solidly middle-class neighborhoods of the North End to the Dawn Gate. This district is dominated by the imposing Immaculate Repository of Abadar- part temple/ part mint. Villas and mansions make up much of the residences in this wealthier part of town. You are eyeballed by private guards hired to protect the wealth here as you traverse Ruby Street and reach the Golden Scarab.

Entering a pair of heavy doors studded with brass scarabs, you enter a brightly lit and spacious room. Despite the late hour, the gaming hall is still doing brisk trade as well-dressed patrons crowd around the tables. Serving women are dressed in midriff baring diaphanous blue outfits to resemble djinn and the muscular man at the door has red stained skin and a pair of glossy black horns to supplement his intimidating falchion.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

I look at the grandeur of the casino having seen it from outside many times, but never having the wealth to explore within.

So, where first? Suppose one of you more personable types should inquire if he has been seen.

Despite feeling that others are better equipped for gathering information, being the only female with many male patrons, I start socializing and inquiring about an elf of Xander's description.

Diplomacy(gather info): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21


Male Elf Bard - 6

'Well let us all ask and we may be able to find out different bits of information, that could fit together to form the whole story.'

Diplomacy (Gather Information) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


Bluff (11) Perception (10*) Stealth (14) :: Init (+3) :: HP (64) :: F(6)/R(7)/W(3)

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Karethas walks around a bit looking for the pitboss, and having located them walks up and gives a slight bow. "Pardon my interruption sir! I was hoping that you could help me locate an associate of mine, an elf named Xander." Karethas subtlely flashes the gold coin he has in his hand.

DIPLOMACY CHECK: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Just as Kzrira approaches a dice table, the current roller scores big. ”Lady Luck has arrived," the Varisian gentleman announces. ”You stay right here, Lady. I don’t know who you are, but you’ve finally turned my luck.”

In response to Kzrira’s inquiry regarding an elf the man nods, ”Funny you should mention that. Just last night there was an elf playing a table next to mine. He must have tried something funny because they pulled him away. Probably took him out back and roughed him up. Here blow on my dice!”
*****

As Faelar and Amir approach the roulette table, the croupier snorts, ”Hey no elfy tricks tonight, mister. You try anything to throw a game and you’re seeing the big guy.”
*****

Karethas is less successful. His attempt to bribe a pitboss leads the poor man to glance around nervously and then frantically wave down another Efreeti costumed man. ”This guy just tried to bribe me. I didn’t take any of his money, OK?”


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Smiling at the Varisian I blow on the dice - Desna, Lady of Luck, bless this mans roll.

Looking at the bouncers escorting Karethas and grimacing, Kzrira turns back to the Varisian.

Do you recall whether the elf last night was talking about anything particular? His twin sister was distraught when he did not return and I have offered to assist her in finding him. Looking directly at the Varisian with big sparkly eyes.


Bluff (11) Perception (10*) Stealth (14) :: Init (+3) :: HP (64) :: F(6)/R(7)/W(3)

Amir touches Faelar's shoulder and points subtly at Karethas then shakes his head slightly.

Approaching the table and hearing the croupier give his comment, Amir gives Faelar a sidelong glance, heavy with meaning. They were on the right track.

Amir laughs at the croupier, Elf tricks! Don't I know it! Amir jerks a thumb at Faelar I refuse to play cards with this one anymore, you've never seen him pull the Djinn Court flush turn after turn!

Amir smiles as big as he can and leans towards the croupier. But I mean luck and you mean something more...well...impolite. Did this tricky elf see the "big guy"? I think I know the elf you are talking about and I have "business" with him too... Amir lets his voice trail off and gives the hilt of his sword an obvious but passing glance.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


Male Elf Bard - 6

'Come now; my young friend, I have just had many more years of practice than you. Besides it would help you win, IF you could even play properly.'

I turn to the croupier 'While my friend has some ... business with your cheating Elf, I am here for a different reason. I seem to have misplaced my friend, she is also an Elf and I have a hunch that I could find her here. I must admit though; my good sir, you have a very nice establishment here. It is very pretty and I am sure that "The Eternal Rose" would like the decorations. But I have told my good friend here, that I would help him locate the Elf he is looking for, so any information you may have would be most appreciated.'

Knowledge (Local) about this place 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Diplomacy 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


The gambler glances at Kzrira as he throws the dice, ”Well, that’s awfully nice of you. Easy eight.”
”I didn’t hear what he was talking about, but he seemed pretty focused on trying to win.” He shoots again, ARGH! A camel!”
*****

The croupier looks over the pair, ”A lot of elves around here lately. Yeah, the cheater went upstairs to visit the Big Guy. Your lady elf friend was here earlier, but was causing a bit of a scene and had to leave. If you any more information than that, you should just go upstairs and talk to KJ.”

Faeler has heard that the Golden Scarab offers a wide assortment of games including some of the more odd or dangerous betting opportunities in the Upper Hall. The owner has the unlikely name of Krebble Jeggle.


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Karethas takes a step back with his hands held out before him, "Oh? Oh! I was not trying to bribe him, just pay him for a little information. I am in no way trying to cheat!" After a short awkward silence, "Did I mention cheating? Of course I wasn't cheating. I just mentioned it because I thought you thought I was, but you didn't mention it because it is clear that I wasn't. Seriously, I am just looking for an elf." Another awkward pause, "Not to sleep with, if that was what you were thinking...Just to talk to...A male elf...A specific male elf which I am trying to find for a relative of his...A female relative in fact...An attractive female relative." Karethas rubs his forehead and laughs uncomfortably.


Male Elf Bard - 6

'Well my friend, shall we go upstairs and speak to KJ, or Krebble Jeggle as he is otherwise known as. Maybe he will have some information that we require. Thank-you for your information; my good sir.'


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

To the croupier. Thank you sir, I appreciate your help.

I then turn to the roller. May Lady Luck continue to bless you this evening, thank you for your help.

I then walk over to the others. Well, what are we waiting for? Karethas to get arrested? Lets head on up and see what KJ knows.


Bluff (11) Perception (10*) Stealth (14) :: Init (+3) :: HP (64) :: F(6)/R(7)/W(3)

Amir will look at Kzrira and Faelar. You go ahead, I will try to extricate our young wizard from his current predicament and catch up with you.

Amir attempts to make his way to Karethas and any guard types that are forming up on him. Aaahh haahaa my young friend your drink has gotten the better of you. I said "what do you think would happen if someone tried to give them a gold piece?" not "Karethas go give them a gold piece!" and babbling on about that elven beauty from the market, you have totally lost your wits! You need to sober up and you should come with me!

Turning to any hostile parties. He is to be married soon, so a little drinking a little gambling... Amir makes a sort of playful head bob. We have been across Katapesh tonight gambling and I can see that my friend has finally had his fill! Come let me take him and you can go about your business!

Bluff: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


The Varisian follows Kzrira, "Wait! What's your name? Can I buy you a drink?"

Meanwhile, Karethas and Amir aren't doing so well convincing the casino workers of their innocence. The large red-painted man puts a hand on his heavy falchion and nods to the door. "I don't know what you think you're doing, but it's time you left."

just shy on the B & D, Amir.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Smiling: Thank you very much for your offer sir. But, I must decline this evening as I am on a mission of vital importance. Perhaps I shall stop by tomorrow evening, and we can see how . . . lucky you can be.

Once I have dissuaded the Varisian, I turn to Faelar - nodding my head in the direction of the rapidly being escorted out of the building Amir and Karethas: Much as I would like to help our friends, I do not think that getting all four of us tossed out of here would benefit our quest. I assume that they will simply be firmly asked to leave and we can meet up after we have talked to KJ. Now then, shall we head upstairs and see what people know about your Xander - and perhaps my Haleen.


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Karethas seems to calm down a bit when Amir comes to assistance. As the bouncer asks them to leave Karethas turns to leave, but as the bouncer escorts them out he tries makes a final plea, slurring his speech to appear inebriated, "I undersshhta..shhtand that I need to leave, but my friend has a chhhance with that brown haired vixen over there." He points vaguely over to Kzrira. "Let him go back. He'ssshh not a young man, and desssherves a ssshhhot with her. You undershhtand don't ya? C'mon my friend!" He pauses for a moment by the door to give the bouncer a chance to relent.

BLUFF CHECK:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14(1 rank, +3 class skill, +2 Chr, +1 Trait)
Meh on my rolls!


The big red man glances at Kzrira and leers a bit. He looks over at Amir, "Alright, you can stay, but I'll be watching you."

The stairs are blocked by a velvet rope and yet another beefy man with gray skin dotted with rhinestones this time. Faelar’s croupier gives the bouncer a sign and he moves the rope to let you pass. Upstairs is a plush room with velvet couches and walls painted in elemental themes. A wide variety of games of chance with a sharper edge fill the room. Indeed several of them involve knives. Some are much less clear. The domed room has a low balcony at one end where the guards are concentrated around a large chair holding a small green humanoid dressed in a red silk suit.


Male Elf Bard - 6

I calmly walk over to the group of guards that are protecting the small, green humanoid where I proceed to bow.'Greetings; my good protectors, my friends and I wish to speak with the great KJ. Is there any chance that we could be granted an audience?'


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

I smile and nod to the guards.

We have been instructed that the wise KJ may be able to assist us.


As you near the balcony, you are surprised to see that Krebble Jeggle is a GOBLIN! The creature sits comfortably upon velvet cushions in red silk pajamas lackadaisically puffing pesh from a hookah.

Upon your courteous requests, the goblin's melon head splits into a wide smile and he gestures for you to be seated on some pillow with him and the three guards up the short set of stairs on the balcony.

"Would you care for some pesh? And how might Krebble Jeggle assist you?" he asks in a squeaky voice.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 51/61; AC22/25; FF17/20; T15; F+8, R+8, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +4)

Thank you for your offer of the pesh, however I must decline as I find it detracts from my aim with the bow, and you know how much Katapeshians dislike poorly aimed arrows landing in their guts. I point to my bow and grin.

Good Master Jeggle, we are here seeking one person, or actually two individuals. My friend the elf here seeks information on another elf who we were told was contributing to your coffers last night and then may have been asked to leave. I myself seek information on the whereabouts of my mother, the lady Haleen.

If you should have information on either of these people, your help would be greatly appreciated.

At this time, I have little to pay you with for your help. However, you help would be greatly appreciated and as my companion and I travel the city, I will be sure to put in a good word about the jewel of Katapeshian gaming, the magnificent Golden Scarab.

Diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15


Bluff (11) Perception (10*) Stealth (14) :: Init (+3) :: HP (64) :: F(6)/R(7)/W(3)

Amir looks to Karethas and sighs as they walk back onto the main floor of the Scarab. Something tells me we won't be able to get upstairs with the others after all that. I suppose we should just mill about and wait but I wonder if we will get into trouble doing that? For all the work we just went through to stay, unless we want to gamble we may do better to meet the others back at the Golden Net... Amir strokes his moustache as he looks about the Scarab for anything else of interest.

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


Male Elf Bard - 6

'I am afraid I too will have to turn down your Pesh, I am sorry and I hope that doesn't cause any offence. The Elf I seek is known for having a gambling addiction and he had recently come into some money. All I wish is to find him and settle some unfinished business with him, I am sure a man as great as yourself can understand this.'

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Diplomacy (Assisting Kzrira) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


Amir, you were allowed to pursue Kzrira if you cared.

The goblin seems a little put off that you have refused his pesh. "I don't know any Haleen. As for the elf, if you are speaking about the cur that was caught breaking the rules last night, well..." He takes a little puff on his hookah.

151 to 200 of 6,265 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Sheik Voodoo's Katapesh Nights All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.